• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Sieguest

Smash Master

Imagine, if you will, Falcon trying to keep his laser pointer focused in precisely one concentrated spot just to cause a very minor burn.
Wario may not have great running speed, but it's rediculous to assume that Falcon has the best best best precision aiming non-scope targeting skills to keep his laser point set on a single location at a constant rate.
If his laser moves off the tiny set target at all, then the laser will not burn diddly squat.

It has no lethal properties behind it.
It's only good for lighting matches.
It can't cause a giant lizard man to combust into flames.
Again you people don't understand the idea of the concentration of a laser....

enough concentrated hurts... period, it's not a blow off- don't know how many times I have to post this

JOE!

Smash Hero
yeah, as long as weegee has the weapons edge on wario, he shouldnt be pulling ahead of Mr L out of 1000.

new MU soon?

(btw, fear my x-mas avvy)

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Wouldn't that make Yoshi like...a reindeer or something lol? And you should pick 1 of the MUs I suggested JOE!.

UncleSam

Smash Master
http://panda.unm.edu/AcadAdv/lightning.html

couldnt find the exact link Sam (also been very busy in RL, sorry guys) so i did some research on electrolasers.

What we arent focusing on is this: An electrolaser is simply a device using a laser to direct electricity.

That being said, how much can Samus' pistol produce to be sent through the laser, and can it be lethal if it's shown to really only be "taser" strength?

(granted the link is old, it still shows what an electrolaser "is")
The laser beam causes blooming which ionizes the air and makes a pathway for the electricity to flow to it's target, it's amplified because of the ionization.
FALSE!

take that into IRL and it's a modified taser...

*throws Sam's report in trashcan*
thus functioning overall as a large-scale, high energy, long-distance version of the Taser electroshock gun.
*dumps trashcan on Guests head*
don't mess...

JOE!

Smash Hero
sam, the point is that the laser is just a passage for the electricty, The limit if how much juice her gun can produce to send via the beam

also, how do we know samus is from the future, and not just star-wars'd?

(far far away)

anywho, logistics aside, couldnt the "advanced tech" theory apply to other characters? Why can't falcon have an electrolaser? (it seems to have similar effects to what he is shown using)

UncleSam

Smash Master
sam, the point is that the laser is just a passage for the electricty, The limit if how much juice her gun can produce to send via the beam
alternating current with low amperage yet produces high voltage, that's how these things work.
Alternating current is sent through a series of step-up transformers, increasing the voltage and decreasing the current. The final voltage may be between 10^8 and 10^9 volts
it may not end up 10^8-9 v but it'll still be enough to kill things.
I've already talked about how easy it is to die from electrocution.

power cells: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CETI_Patterson_Power_Cell
generating more than its weight believes you to think.

IDK what falcon has, but a look at the pic says laser.
it doesnt look like an electric shock from the falcon thing...

tocador

Smash Lord
Everything thus far said from electrolaser of Zamus is pretty BS.

Zamus weapon is made of steel, and steel is a 1337 heat conducter, for a laser gun to generate enough heat to ionize gas to proceed to shoot lightings it cannot be forms teal or else Zamus hand would melt. O yeah just to remember, electrolasers dont work as mobile guns(unless they are as big as a chopper gun AT LEAST) because you dont have the space to produce or store electricity there.

Therefore the its completly BS she being able to use electrolasers.

Now she looses all her matches, thanks.

GG

Sieguest

Smash Master

Zamus weapon is made of steel, and steel is a 1337 heat conducter, for a laser gun to generate enough heat to ionize gas to proceed to shoot lightings it cannot be forms teal or else Zamus hand would melt. O yeah just to remember, electrolasers dont work as mobile guns(unless they are as big as a chopper gun AT LEAST) because you dont have the space to produce or store electricity there.

GG
That is the most idiotic thing I've heard from you yet.
Electricity is a form of energy...
energy in itself is not something that is sizeable... only measurable as energy occurs in many forms... being indefinite. Meaning you don't need something huge to store a lot of energy. Electricity is just another form energy takes, and it can be stored in great amount even on small surfaces. Take the CETI power cell for example, which provides a source of electricity despite being small. A LARGE amount of electricity, small creatures expend tons of energy in order to stay alive so size is not a problem.

In that sense, the Electrolaser doesn't need to be big, it's NOT big, and it has the capacity to kill...
also at the conductor of heat part, that's why these weapons are built with mechanics to prevent what you just described, you're basically trying to say that we invented a useless weapon.... which is utter BS

tocador

Smash Lord
energy in itself is not something that is sizeable... only measurable as energy occurs in many forms... being indefinite. Meaning you don't need something huge to store a lot of energy. Electricity is just another form energy takes, and it can be stored in great amount even on small surfaces. Take the CETI power cell for example, which provides a source of electricity despite being small. A LARGE amount of electricity, small creatures expend tons of energy in order to stay alive so size is not a problem.

In that sense, the Electrolaser doesn't need to be big, it's NOT big, and it has the capacity to kill...
also at the conductor of heat part, that's why these weapons are built with mechanics to prevent what you just described, you're basically trying to say that we invented a useless weapon.... which is utter BS
/facepalm

O well, so many mistakes i dont even feel like answering, but just as a food for thought.

Do you at least know how eletric energy is made off? Do you know what is the concept of energy?

If energy isnt sizeable why do we have different size for batteries? Couldnt we make just 1 really small baterie and put tons of "energy" on it?

Have you ever saw a electrolaser picture? Have you? If you have just post it here so we can discuss about it.

After you have reposted this crap PM me so i can lol-phail your new arguement, cause this one is just full of fail =/.

UncleSam

Smash Master
/facepalm

O well, so many mistakes i dont even feel like answering, but just as a food for thought.

Do you at least know how eletric energy is made off? Do you know what is the concept of energy?

If energy isnt sizeable why do we have different size for batteries? Couldnt we make just 1 really small baterie and put tons of "energy" on it?

Have you ever saw a electrolaser picture? Have you? If you have just post it here so we can discuss about it.

After you have reposted this crap PM me so i can lol-phail your new arguement, cause this one is just full of fail =/.
Ooooooooh
Oooooooooooooooooh
Where r u at? Where r u at? Where r u at?
Oooooooooooh
OH MY GOD
ALMOST A WUMBO COMBO

you got flamed sawn, call the fire department.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I'm an idiot
Here come your idiosyncrasies once again.

Do you at least know how to spell? Do you know what the concept of phonics is?

If energy is sizable then answer the exact same question... different size batteries is the result of different wattage needing to power a unit per amount of time. Not size of energy, try again.

Have you got a brain? Have you? Post like you have one so that we can discuss about it.

After you've gotten your lazy *** back here and posted maybe I'll check your next piece of **** post...

tocador

Smash Lord
Here come your idiosyncrasies once again.

Do you at least know how to spell? Do you know what the concept of phonics is?
I dam sure know how to spell, in ma own language. When im talking enlgish i know i wont spell it all right, but this isnt the point 'aight? Just gtfo with grammar nazzi.

If energy is sizable then answer the exact same question... different size batteries is the result of different wattage needing to power a unit per amount of time. Not size of energy, try again.

Have you got a brain? Have you? Post like you have one so that we can discuss about it.

After you've gotten your lazy *** back here and posted maybe I'll check your next piece of **** post...
I did not post because you sure dosent look like you know what you are talking about.

So, ima say this only once: The electrolaser article on wikipedia(mainly your source of info for it) has no real pictures of it. It has a really good concept, but it dosent quite make sense on how you would do it.

Im asking for pictures, because, for your info, it is impossible for it to be a steel hand-gun. Now, you know why?

First, the steel handgun itself would be a excelent heat conducter, and just to achieve the heat to ionize the air to create the plasma inducted channels, the gun would be so hot that it would melt any human contact with it, and thats how the guns fails number 1.

Second, a small gun cant store the electrical energy needed to be shoot. Energy itself isnt sizeable, first because is a vague concept, energy dosent quite exist, we made what we call energy as a solution to work with soemthing.

Eletrical energy is the result of the "difference of electric potential" that chosen two things have, with this things then generating what we would call a eletric current. This eletric current has a size, it dosent "dont exits" like tiers do. Besides being small it still uses space.

Sure you can maintain some good ****load of electricity in a gun like that, but blatanly saying electricity isnt sizeable dosent quite make it.

Third reason Zamus flails(yeah like magikarp): Just because we can theoritically make a electrolaser weapon(not like zamus tho) it dosent mean Zamus`s weapons nescesseraly needs to be like ours.

Like most things on this threads, most characters should work on a X way, but because of lol-phail desing and lol-phail characteristics they end up not working as the expected way.

TL;DR Dont be :mad: just because someone disagrees with you, if you noticed i never offended you, just the arguement so dont get ranty on me. Now respond please.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I dam sure know how to spell, in ma own language. When im talking enlgish i know i wont spell it all right, but this isnt the point 'aight? Just gtfo with grammar nazzi.
You should have thought about that before you posted last time.

I did not post because you sure dosent look like you know what you are talking about.
The irony in this sentence is amazing.

So, ima say this only once: The electrolaser article on wikipedia(mainly your source of info for it) has no real pictures of it. It has a really good concept, but it dosent quite make sense on how you would do it.
Most of that information isn't based on the electrolaser, it's based on electricity.

First, the steel handgun itself would be a excelent heat conducter, and just to achieve the heat to ionize the air to create the plasma inducted channels, the gun would be so hot that it would melt any human contact with it, and thats how the guns fails number 1.
Reference the common handgun- you have a material that conducts heat composing the gun as well, but when you fire a gun, you don't burn your hand, same concept... that's basic construction using insulators to protect the user from harm.

Second, a small gun cant store the electrical energy needed to be shoot. Energy itself isnt sizeable, first because is a vague concept, energy dosent quite exist, we made what we call energy as a solution to work with soemthing.
That's not true...
energy is stored in ionic bonds
ionic bonds are minuscule yet pack a lot of "power" for lack of better wording.
You can fit over a mole of atoms on the tip of a needle...
now expounding upon that ratio, you could fit way more than a mole of atoms forming ionic bonds in a small gun.

Eletrical energy is the result of the "difference of electric potential" that chosen two things have, with this things then generating what we would call a eletric current. This eletric current has a size, it dosent "dont exits" like tiers do. Besides being small it still uses space.
Again bonds

Sure you can maintain some good ****load of electricity in a gun like that, but blatanly saying electricity isnt sizeable dosent quite make it.
Then what does?
-___-

Like most things on this threads, most characters should work on a X way, but because of lol-phail desing and lol-phail characteristics they end up not working as the expected way
lolwut?.

TL;DR Dont be :mad: just because someone disagrees with you, if you noticed i never offended you, just the arguement so dont get ranty on me. Now respond please.
That's a blatant *** lie and you know it.
It's this same junk that threatened and derailed this thread time and time again.

Lrn2debate
The both of you.

Shut... the ****... up...

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Both of you pipe down and your research. Do I need to school you both in basic physics?

Seriously guys, this discussion is ignorant and degrading to the thread as a whole. Toc, you did not find a weakness, Marthage you are not explaining it correctly (or if you are, your method of explaining is terribly terribly off).

Both of you, pipe down, and if you want I'll look into the electrolaser and explain why or why not it's possible the zsamus can have one that works.

GG
Producing and storying energy, while it has a limit is not a limit that has NEARLY been reached technologically, and already we can produce far more energy then required for an electro-laser in a far small space then you suggest per capita.

The hydrogen bomb does it, easily.

Heat is the bleed-off from inefficencies in the process, if the process was efficient, the waste heat procuded would be low.

Batteries do not produce electricity, they store it chemically. Chemicals do have holding capacities.

Energy is "sizeable" in the sense that it has properties of both a particle and a wave.

Amount of energy producible per area is defined in current technology by the amount of miniaturization in place, overall the limit is the carrying capacity of the particles used in production.

edit: Ok, maybe marthage understands, got ninja'd, still till that last post the explanation sucked.

tocador

Smash Lord
You should have thought about that before you posted last time.
Blame the hormones, and blame New England Patriots sucking so much =/.

The irony in this sentence is amazing.
Gimme a break im half drunk and im @ home because im waiting for ma girl to call me, som im kinda pissed right now....

Most of that information isn't based on the electrolaser, it's based on electricity.
But still its the only source for the electrolaser, and we keep using it.

Reference the common handgun- you have a material that conducts heat composing the gun as well, but when you fire a gun, you don't burn your hand, same concept... that's basic construction using insulators to protect the user from harm.
Excpet that the heat generated from the handgun is 100000 times smaller than one generated form a laser capable of ionizing air. And you know it.

That's not true...
energy is stored in ionic bonds
ionic bonds are minuscule yet pack a lot of "power" for lack of better wording.
You can fit over a mole of atoms on the tip of a needle...
now expounding upon that ratio, you could fit way more than a mole of atoms forming ionic bonds in a small gun.
A Mole of atoms isnt much, for real. 6*1023(consider 23 as 10.10.10.10.10[...] 23 times). The energy needed to create a plasma inducted channel is about the same energy we it is needed to produce a lightining. Well i dont really remember how many joules you needed for it, but ima guess something between 1011[10.10.10[...]11 times] and 1013.

Again bonds

Then what does?
-___-

lolwut?.

It too hard to quote these "lolwut/fail/etc..." cause i never know what people is talkinga bout, cause i usually forget.

That's a blatant *** lie and you know it.
I never directed my stuff to you as a person, just to the arguement :D

Shut... the ****... up...
Yeah i agree with marthage!!!! Let us kill our selves with Sam watching.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
SMFH! You all need time outs or something. And I thought Beren had it bad when he rage quitted...

UncleSam

Smash Master
Producing and storying energy, while it has a limit is not a limit that has NEARLY been reached technologically, and already we can produce far more energy then required for an electro-laser in a far small space then you suggest per capita.

The hydrogen bomb does it, easily.

Heat is the bleed-off from inefficencies in the process, if the process was efficient, the waste heat procuded would be low.
UncleSam said:
it may not end up 10^8-9 v but it'll still be enough to kill things.
I've already talked about how easy it is to die from electrocution.

power cells: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CETI_Patterson_Power_Cell
generating more than its weight believes you to think.

IDK what falcon has, but a look at the pic says laser.
it doesnt look like an electric shock from the falcon thing...

bow chika wow-wow.
the CETI power cell which takes advantage of cold fusion and a very small amount of uranium to produce 1000's of watts of electricity. In a small *** battery.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I prolly got ninja'd but okay...

Both of you, pipe down, and if you want I'll look into the electrolaser and explain why or why not it's possible the zsamus can have one that works.
I guess that'll do...

Energy is "sizeable" in the sense that it has properties of both a particle and a wave.

Amount of energy producible per area is defined in current technology by the amount of miniaturization in place, overall the limit is the carrying capacity of the particles used in production.
:O Oh, that makes sense..

edit: Ok, maybe marthage understands, got ninja'd, still till that last post the explanation sucked.
my bad?
Blame the hormones, and blame New England Patriots sucking so much =/.
lawl hormones...

Gimme a break im half drunk and im @ home because im waiting for ma girl to call me, som im kinda pissed right now....
No Johns :laugh:

but I understand the girl thing... GL

Excpet that the heat generated from the handgun is 100000 times smaller than one generated form a laser capable of ionizing air. And you know it.
mmmmmmmmmmk.

A Mole of atoms isnt much, for real. 6*1023(consider 23 as 10.10.10.10.10[...] 23 times). The energy needed to create a plasma inducted channel is about the same energy we it is needed to produce a lightining. Well i dont really remember how many joules you needed for it, but ima guess something between 1011[10.10.10[...]11 times] and 1013.
In my mind 6.02x10^23 was a huge number.

I never directed my stuff to you as a person, just to the arguement :D
Oh... well my bad then :O

Yeah i agree with marthage!!!! Let us kill our selves with Sam watching.
THIS!!

and I've probably been ninja'd...... I can feel it

UncleSam

Smash Master
the tip of a needle is small physically too

your point?
I didn't have one.
kinda.
compared to the amount of matter in the universe a mole is miniscule physically. the number is big... duh. but an atom is like...
He is just above 50 picometres in length.
that should explain it.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I didn't have one.
kinda.
compared to the amount of matter in the universe a mole is miniscule physically. the number is big... duh. but an atom is like...
He is just above 50 picometres in length.
that should explain it.
compared to the amount of matter in the universe anything is small physically, unless you're talking about planets or the universe itself.

And does the atoms size detract from the power it has? Seeing as how atoms are like the building blocks then it's responsible for the most powerful things we have.

UncleSam

Smash Master
compared to the amount of matter in the universe anything is small physically, unless you're talking about planets or the universe itself.

And does the atoms size detract from the power it has? Seeing as how atoms are like the building blocks then it's responsible for the most powerful things we have.
I wasn't talking about energy.
electromagnetic forces are some of the strongest forces (fission/fusion are stronger, dark matter sucks gravity is for newbs, try bending electromagnetic fields to levitate objects. what now.)
where are we going with this?

Sieguest

Smash Master
I wasn't talking about energy.
electromagnetic forces are some of the strongest forces (fission/fusion are stronger, dark matter sucks gravity is for newbs, try bending electromagnetic fields to levitate objects. what now.)
where are we going with this?

Oh, and I don't know where we're going with this lol.

oh and I forgot...
*throws trashcan back at Sam*

all normal

REL38

Smash Lord

@ Kaka-REL
M2 is bigger than Zard. He could jump and drop kick him. He does have his tail to balance himself.
Mewtwo only has about a foot height advantage over Lizardon.
Idunno about drop kicks working.
Mewtwo has always been shown to be a Psychic dependent Pokemon. The only physical dominance he seems to have are in his legs, but I just can't see Mewtwo effectively drop kicking anyone.

Especially when Charizard has more lethal advantages being claws and teeth.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Mewtwo only has about a foot height advantage over Lizardon.
Idunno about drop kicks working.
Mewtwo has always been shown to be a Psychic dependent Pokemon. The only physical dominance he seems to have are in his legs, but I just can't see Mewtwo effectively drop kicking anyone.

Especially when Charizard has more lethal advantages being claws and teeth.
Zard has too much to be taken advantage of. You know what kangaroos do when fighting? That's Zard's wings/neck.
M2 does rely on psychic powers often. Butg that doesn't mean his body isn't strong.

Wait...M2 does have that extra spinal cord on his head right?
Zard wins then lol.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789

Wait...M2 does have that extra spinal cord on his head right?
Zard wins then lol.
Zard knows what spinal cords do how...?

@drop kicking

+

=
WINNER OF THIS MU

Mewtwo, on the other hand, nova, is super smart, and will **** zard's neck easily.
Also, mewtwo can use his tail like a kangaroos.
Nuff height my ***.

Top Bottom