• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Such an attack can be countered by a Kangaroo Kick to the shoulders, or to the head, or by backing away.

The movement for doing that IRL wouldn't be as quick as it is in Brawl. Zard's neck is not a snake, it does not strike at the lightning-quick pace of like say, a cobra? While certainly a viable tactic, you cannot forget that it also has drawbacks like every tactic he could use.

Ball-shaped as the ends of his fingers are, Mewtwo could try and poke out Zard's eyes, as they are fairly large, the same could go for Zard, were he taller.

Also remember that a strike to the neck is going to do more than just stun him for seconds. What is your first instinct after being hit in the neck? You bring your arms up, and choke. The same can happen to Zard and can happen to Mewtwo if he is managed to be hit by Zard's tail in the neck.

If Zard is preoccupied with nursing his neck from a strike, it leaves him very open for head strikes, which already is open to attack due to height. A one foot difference can mean a lot if it means striking your opponent in certain areas becomes easier. Every part of the front of Zard's body is open to attack from the start of the fight.

The head, torso, arms, neck, stomach region, and legs.

He is too heavy for a strike to the legs to be effective, but is M2 can aim a Kangaroo Kick low, he could cause some damage to Zard internally at the stomach region, just like kicking him at the shoulders could knock him over and end up injuring a wing.

The kick of an Adult Red Kangaroo (or most Kangaroo for that matter) can disembowel a average human with one kick. What kind of damage can M2 do then? Moderate to heavy damage at best with a strong kick.

He may not have toenails, but kicks will hurt if Zard is hit at his torso.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Such an attack can be countered by a Kangaroo Kick to the shoulders, or to the head, or by backing away.

The movement for doing that IRL wouldn't be as quick as it is in Brawl. Zard's neck is not a snake, it does not strike at the lightning-quick pace of like say, a cobra? While certainly a viable tactic, you cannot forget that it also has drawbacks like every tactic he could use.

Ball-shaped as the ends of his fingers are, Mewtwo could try and poke out Zard's eyes, as they are fairly large, the same could go for Zard, were he taller.

Also remember that a strike to the neck is going to do more than just stun him for seconds. What is your first instinct after being hit in the neck? You bring your arms up, and choke. The same can happen to Zard and can happen to Mewtwo if he is managed to be hit by Zard's tail in the neck.

If Zard is preoccupied with nursing his neck from a strike, it leaves him very open for head strikes, which already is open to attack due to height. A one foot difference can mean a lot if it means striking your opponent in certain areas becomes easier. Every part of the front of Zard's body is open to attack from the start of the fight.

The head, torso, arms, neck, stomach region, and legs.

He is too heavy for a strike to the legs to be effective, but is M2 can aim a Kangaroo Kick low, he could cause some damage to Zard internally at the stomach region, just like kicking him at the shoulders could knock him over and end up injuring a wing.

The kick of an Adult Red Kangaroo (or most Kangaroo for that matter) can disembowel a average human with one kick. What kind of damage can M2 do then? Moderate to heavy damage at best with a strong kick.

He may not have toenails, but kicks will hurt if Zard is hit at his torso.

Did you read what I posted at all earlier? Check the links I posted addressing Marthage.

Kangaroo kick =/= M2 kick. He has a lower body that is based off a kangaroo, but looking at him he doesn't have the body to perform kicks as great as real kangaroos can. His kick would be, if anything, a modified, weaker version of a kanga kick.

I am aware it has drawbacks, but if it renders M2's movement, balance, and attack a lot less useful, then why not bite his feet? He's already short enough. In fatc, since M2 lacks armor, a bite anywhere on his body would be very harmful, possibly even fatal.

Eye poking doesn't kill. Hurts, but Zard can bite off instinct and M2 is now short arm.

Neck blows hurt. Not taking that away from anything. But do note that your Red kangaroo note is the equivalent of poking a knife at a person with the handle instead of the blade. The toenails are what to the damage, not necessarily the knockback.

The only way M2 can safely harm Zard is with his tail. Using his legs opens the oportunity for him to fall due to his unorthodox balance. Not to mention Zard can slash at his lower body.
Only way those kicks become fatal is if Zard is grounded, leaving his neck exposed. The likelyhood of him being grounded is pretty high due to his height, but being stomped on is easy to forsee and can be avoided.

Nova9000

Smash Lord

M2 could, but he never fights with his legs. Yes he's taller than Zard and he has a glaring weak point in his long neck, but that wouldn't kill him, even if he were to fight with his legs. You forget, Zard has a much bigger torso and has wings to deal with the knockback that we as humans would suffer from. And take a look at this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/timmythesuk/403782624/
http://www.ludocortex.fr/site/medias/150_mewtwo.jpg
M2 doesn't have the amount of definition that a real kangaroo has, so he would have a fraction of the power that a real roo would. If anything, he would be more inclined to fight with his tail than his legs.

Look at how a kangaroo's body is shaped. He has a noticeable hunch in its body. M2 lacks this hunch, forcing more support on his legs to support his body. Next, look at the hind paws of a kangaroo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kaenguru_Hinterfuss-drawing.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kangur.rudy.drs.jpg
M2 doesn't have those kind of legs. Kangaroos have longer feet and the hunch to help with the balance and compensate for the way if moves around. M2. on the other hand, supports himself on his legs very similar to how Lucario does when he walks. In fact, has anyone ever seen M2 walk? From the look of him, he would walk worse than Lucario would and because of his body type, balance would suffer for him. That's why I said he cannot use his feet as effectiely and only his tail would be used to fight.

JOE!

Smash Hero
You could compare both Pokemons base stats. I think that would clear it up.
the problem with that is that the stats are soooo messed up...

for example, Garchomp can travel faster than a jet.

Gastrodont (or whatever, lets say) has a higher base speed stat. therefor gastrodont can travel even faster.

see what I mean?

REL38

Smash Lord
the problem with that is that the stats are soooo messed up...

for example, Garchomp can travel faster than a jet.

Gastrodont (or whatever, lets say) has a higher base speed stat. therefor gastrodont can travel even faster.

see what I mean?

Not necessarily.

Garchomp moves as fast a jet, sure.
But does it say it's instantaneous?
As in, zero to Mach 3 in 2.334 seconds?

Speed stats have always been about who attacks first with their moves.
For example, if Luxray and Pikachu both use Thunder then Luxray will hit first.
Due to his Speed stat, his attack will come out first and hit first.
If both used Quick Attack, then Luxray will hit first because his comes out faster.

If anything, Garchomp being able to move at the speed of sound doesn't necessarily mean that Mewtwo moves at Mach 6.
It's an ability attune to Garchomp alone. Just like how Gardevoir can create black holes while Mewtwo can't.

But stats in general can't be measured as there's no standard of measurement for stat degrees. Does 30 base Attack mean a Pokemon can lift a truck? Does 60 base Attack mean a Pokemon can benchpress an Oil Tanker?
That's the real problem with stats.

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of something. Mew is clearly a cat, and since Mewtwo is its son... isn't it entirely possible for him to have retractable claws?

They could explain his fat toes and fingertips.

JOE!

Smash Hero
mew isnt a cat, it just looks like one, and Mewtwo isnt it's son..it's it's clone.

@Stats:

a better example now that I mention it is when we brought up Lucario's attk stat vs Machamp's.

Machamp can move like..mountains, yet only has like 20 more attk than lucario. Does this mean Lucario can move oil tankers with ease?

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
February 6

Mew gave birth. We named the newborn Mewtwo.

Seems like her/its child to me.

Also Mewtwo has a morale advantage since he has a birthday he can celebrate.

But really yeah he is a clone but not in the traditional sense. Kind of like Snake.

REL38

Smash Lord
mew isnt a cat, it just looks like one, and Mewtwo isnt it's son..it's it's clone.

@Stats:

a better example now that I mention it is when we brought up Lucario's attk stat vs Machamp's.

Machamp can move like..mountains, yet only has like 20 more attk than lucario. Does this mean Lucario can move oil tankers with ease?
Seems like you're quoting what I've said about that very aspect, almost word for word :laugh:

Regigigas apparently moved continents with ropes alone at the base Attack stat of 160. Must've been magical ropes :p

Machamp can move mountains at the base Attack stat of 130.

Lucario is never said to posses any sort of remarkable feat at the base Attack stat of 110.

What is drawn from this is that many Pokemon posses a special ability attune to the respective Pokemon alone.
Getting more technical with this, Regigigas moved continents with magic ropes.
Even though Rampardos has a higher base Attack stat than Regigigas, it can't achieve the same result. The strength Rampardos exerts is mostly from its head.
Machamp can move mountains, punch 1000 times in 2 seconds with unblockable punches.
Does that mean Lucario or even Regigigas can do the same thing?
No.
That ability is only attune to Machamp alone.

Attack stat measures the force of a physical attack directed towards the enemy Pokemon.
Does this mean a punch from Machamp is like getting hit by a mountain?
No.
Pulling/pushing strength is different from actual punching strength.
This is evident in Primates. Chimpanzees can pull tremendous weights (4 tons, me thinks), but a swing is far from the equivalent of 4 tons of force.

Lucario can't lift Oil Tankers with ease because he is never shown to display such lifting force. Only punching/kicking force. The only ability Lucario has is the sensing of Aura that is attune only to him.

Lucario can't lift Oil Tankers just because his base Attack stat is 20 points lower than Machamps. Pokemon strength isn't measured by how much they can bench press, but rather the force by which they deliver the blow.
But the major problem with using stats is exactly what they should be measured with.
20 base Defense can equal protection from a peanut or a 40 MPH truck.
There is nothing to compare across the board which is why they are a bad resource.

@MU

Couldn't Mewtwo tackle Charizard head-on and drive him to the ground?
Mewtwo weights plenty more and can actually build momentum behind a tackle.
He aims low and to the gut with an upward motion to drive Charizard down. Mewtwo rolls quickly and stands to crush Charizard's head with his feet. Charizard won't effectively be able to bite Mewtwo during the tackle and will have plenty of trouble getting back up.

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
I still think he should have retractable claws. Mew's obviously a cat.

And it was never answered whether he's sentient or not. That'd be a huge advantage over Lizardman over there.

JOE!

Smash Hero
in all his appearances in manga/anime he's gone wit to wit with the likes of Giovanni even...

(just tossing it out there)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Mewtwo nor Mew have ever been shown to have claws or claw attacks(TMs/in game mechanics or not, Mew couldn't cut down a tree with those hands/paws irl). Feline attribute =/= cat.

Mewtwo can't even learn Shadow Claw in the games. lol

Nova9000

Smash Lord
...Then the match goes to Zard.

723/277 Zard's favor.
I'd say it's closer than that. Zard's neck is still an exposable weak point and both can crush each other's skulls.
650/350 Zard.

@MU

Couldn't Mewtwo tackle Charizard head-on and drive him to the ground?
Mewtwo weights plenty more and can actually build momentum behind a tackle.
He aims low and to the gut with an upward motion to drive Charizard down. Mewtwo rolls quickly and stands to crush Charizard's head with his feet. Charizard won't effectively be able to bite Mewtwo during the tackle and will have plenty of trouble getting back up.
*facepalm*

You just love to disagree with me it seems.
M2 could tackle, but have you ever seen M2 run before? Looking at those paws (which if I may point out you so diligently exposed w/ Lucario) he can't do so very well. He doesn't have kangaroo feet nor their hunch so he can't move like they do. He's not completely humanoid so tip toe tackles aren't feasible. But if he does step on his head Zard is doomed.

REL38

Smash Lord
*facepalm*

You just love to disagree with me it seems.
M2 could tackle, but have you ever seen M2 run before? Looking at those paws (which if I may point out you so diligently exposed w/ Lucario) he can't do so very well. He doesn't have kangaroo feet nor their hunch so he can't move like they do. He's not completely humanoid so tip toe tackles aren't feasible. But if he does step on his head Zard is doomed.
I like helping the losing side.
Charizard was being under-estimated.
Mewtwo is losing without considering other options.

Now then, Let's play Simon Says!
Simon Says touch your toes!
Simon Says stand on the balls of your feet.
Simon Says dodge and weave!

My point being, Lucario stands on the balls of his feet. Not his toes.
Mewtwo seems to do the exact same thing.
The draw back is limitation of constant fast movement being running.
But what is gained is the ability to dodge and weave with quick bursts of speed.

When people spare, they often times bounce on the balls of their feet as it can allow for quicker dodges and movement.
Similar application with Lucario and Mewtwo.
They have the ability to be agile in close combat via dodging and quick bursts of speed.
More power is being concentrated in a smaller surface area so there is less start-up lag to deal with. From this, Mewtwo can build up some actual momentum by psuedo-strifing forward and applying all of the momentum forward into Charizard.

He cannot run as that would be far too tiring and difficult to maintain the momentum.
Lucario nor Mewtwo can actually run.

Mewtwo can build up speed by psuedo-strifing foward and tackle Charizard that way.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I like helping the losing side.
Charizard was being under-estimated.
Mewtwo is losing without considering other options.

Now then, Let's play Simon Says!
Simon Says touch your toes!
Simon Says stand on the balls of your feet.
Simon Says dodge and weave!

My point being, Lucario stands on the balls of his feet. Not his toes.
Mewtwo seems to do the exact same thing.
The draw back is limitation of constant fast movement being running.
But what is gained is the ability to dodge and weave with quick bursts of speed.

When people spare, they often times bounce on the balls of their feet as it can allow for quicker dodges and movement.
Similar application with Lucario and Mewtwo.
They have the ability to be agile in close combat via dodging and quick bursts of speed.
More power is being concentrated in a smaller surface area so there is less start-up lag to deal with. From this, Mewtwo can build up some actual momentum by psuedo-strifing forward and applying all of the momentum forward into Charizard.

He cannot run as that would be far too tiring and difficult to maintain the momentum.

Mewtwo can build up speed by psuedo-strifing foward and tackle Charizard that way.
My friend, you are now the new Toc lol.
You don't help Yoshi...
Your explanation seems plausible...we now know why they roll so well intheir games lol. Now when you say tackle elaborate on what you mean. Like is he tackling with his arms extended, shoulder first, ect. That makes a difference because Zard could potentially challenge his tackle with one of his own or with his jaws or claws.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
...Thanks REL. *Not being sarcastic*

That could be plausible, yes, but how would Mewtwo's legs move? Do you mean he is side-strattling toward Zard like an NFL player does in training, or is he doing mini-jumps by using one foot to push off the ground, then build-up momentum and speed by repeating the motion?

Waitaminute, hasn't Mewtwo been shown to bend his legs in any way at all in the Anime or the games (3D -included)? I think he may have somewhere. I have a person's Friend Pass on Battle Revolution that has Mewtwo on it, so I can clarify that later.

In any-case, for it to be entirely feasible, it needs further elaboration to explain it. In order for Mewtwo to build alot momentum, he would need to do the action in a straight line, this is because the fact he would be zig-zagging (if that is the case) would mean the momentum would be lessened a bit since he is changing his direction while moving forward. Momentum works best in straight lines after all. However, if he is doing so sideways, he would have to have alot of room to build the momentum needed to push Zard and overcome inertia.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Can you see muscle through thick armor?
through like leather and stuff yeah, but not steel.
If I'm thinking what you're thinking, then listen: you can't determine whether he's fat or strong by looking at him, but you can based on how he wields his weapon, how he moves, ect.

so I'd be like fox-trotting?

59 btw

REL38

Smash Lord
My friend, you are now the new Toc lol.
You don't help Yoshi...
Your explanation seems plausible...we now know why they roll so well intheir games lol. Now when you say tackle elaborate on what you mean. Like is he tackling with his arms extended, shoulder first, ect. That makes a difference because Zard could potentially challenge his tackle with one of his own or with his jaws or claws.

When I say tackle, I mean low to the gut with his legs pushing upward upon impact.
His arms probably are extended similar to a dive of sorts.
One shoulder'd tackle doesn't seem very good IMO.
His tail could possibly be used to give extra launch during the tackle/dive. Force can be exerted with it if he doesn't knock him over. It can also be used to aid in sweeping him over via the leg.

...Thanks REL. *Not being sarcastic*

That could be plausible, yes, but how would Mewtwo's legs move? Do you mean he is side-strattling toward Zard like an NFL player does in training, or is he doing mini-jumps by using one foot to push off the ground, then build-up momentum and speed by repeating the motion?

In any-case, for it to be entirely feasible, it needs further elaboration to explain it. In order for Mewtwo to build alot momentum, he would need to do the action in a straight line, this is because the fact he would be zig-zagging (if that is the case) would mean the momentum would be lessened a bit since he is changing his direction while moving forward. Momentum works best in straight lines after all. However, if he is doing so sideways, he would have to have alot of room to build the momentum needed to push Zard and overcome inertia.

Mewtwo is a bipedal Pokemon. He has free usage like human legs do.
He can perform either of the examples you mentioned.
Side-stratting would be done in a relatively straight line as well. Doing literal zig-zag motions isn't gonna do much for Mewtwo at all.
Doing "mini-jumps" could potentially work as well as it's for a short distance.
Exactly what do you mean by doing so sideways? Like when they have kids "gallop" in gym class?

so I'd be like fox-trotting?

59 btw[/COLOR]

Somewhat.
Can't quite explain it :/

Nova9000

Smash Lord

When I say tackle, I mean low to the gut with his legs pushing upward upon impact.
His arms probably are extended similar to a dive of sorts.
One shoulder'd tackle doesn't seem very good IMO.
His tail could possibly be used to give extra launch during the tackle/dive. Force can be exerted with it if he doesn't knock him over. It can also be used to aid in sweeping him over via the leg.

M2 seems a bit tall for a tackle to the gut...the neck I can see but not the gut...
And Zard could roll over as well to land on top of M2 if I understand your explanation correctly.
Shoulder tackles fail w/ M2 lol.
Tail could possibly be used, somewhat like a spring would. But do know that if he misses he would die; Zard would rip his neck apart.
And his movement...you think it's going to be enough to take down Zard?

REL38

Smash Lord
My response to M2 tackling Zard....

1. How's he going to capitalize?
2. *Crunch*

With what teeth?
Chances are, his fangs might overshoot the target of the spina cord.
So how hard can Charizard actually bite?
Enough to tear severe the skin of a bio-genetically engineered cat thing?

How does Charizard's neck move?
Is it restricted like a human's or move like a snake's?

None of these questions are necessarily directed at you Marthage, just putting them out there.

@Nova
Considering the way a dive can work, he can do that.
Charizard weighs almost 200 lbs.
Mewtwo weighs almost 270 lbs.

I can see it working to a degree.

A normal tackle to Charizard's shoulders is risky, but can Charizard bend it like Beckham a snake's?
Not even Komodo Dragoon's move their necks like that.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the skeletal structure of the neck prevent such angled bending?

Charizard will be on the recieving end of the tackle/dive.
He'll have a more difficult time rolling due to the impact and his wings getting in the way.
Mewtwo won't feel as much impact as he's the one dealing it.

An alternative method of taking Charizard down is by grabbing a wing.
Mewtwo can outmanuvure Charizard to where he can get at his side and attempt to grab a wing. Granted, it won't be very easy, but enough grip and Mewtwo can pull on the wing as a distraction as he can possibly whack Charizard's head with his tail.
Enough times can somewhat disorient him and he can manuvure behind Charizard and attempt to choke him.
Mewtwo's arms are very well proportioned for his physique and can have muscle behind it.
An alternative can be choking with his tail.
Charizard being open like this can also give way for Mewtwo to pull Charizard down/tackle him to the ground and stomp his head or continue choking.

btw

Mewtwo's first appearance was in Mother Zero, wha-?

Nova9000

Smash Lord

With what teeth?
Chances are, his fangs might overshoot the target of the spina cord.
So how hard can Charizard actually bite?
Enough to tear severe the skin of a bio-genetically engineered cat thing?

How does Charizard's neck move?
Is it restricted like a human's or move like a snake's?

None of these questions are necessarily directed at you Marthage, just putting them out there.

@Nova
Considering the way a dive can work, he can do that.
Charizard weighs almost 200 lbs.
Mewtwo weighs almost 270 lbs.

I can see it working to a degree.

A normal tackle to Charizard's shoulders is risky, but can Charizard bend it like Beckham a snake's?
Not even Komodo Dragoon's move their necks like that.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the skeletal structure of the neck prevent such angled bending?

Charizard will be on the recieving end of the tackle/dive.
He'll have a more difficult time rolling due to the impact and his wings getting in the way.
Mewtwo won't feel as much impact as he's the one dealing it.

An alternative method of taking Charizard down is by grabbing a wing.
Mewtwo can outmanuvure Charizard to where he can get at his side and attempt to grab a wing. Granted, it won't be very easy, but enough grip and Mewtwo can pull on the wing as a distraction as he can possibly whack Charizard's head with his tail.
Enough times can somewhat disorient him and he can manuvure behind Charizard and attempt to choke him.
Mewtwo's arms are very well proportioned for his physique and can have muscle behind it.
An alternative can be choking with his tail.
Charizard being open like this can also give way for Mewtwo to pull Charizard down/tackle him to the ground and stomp his head or continue choking.

btw

Mewtwo's first appearance was in Mother Zero, wha-?
Umm....Zard does seem to be lacking teeth....good point...
That's why he never learned bite lol...
He seems to have teeth similar to a snake in the sense they would help ensnare prey and bring them in his direction to slash with his claws. But since M2 is 2 ft bigger than his claws and weighs more, it doesn't seem too plausible to work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39043064@N08/3659854869/
Looks like a sorry jaw if you ask me...Yoshi probably bites stronger...
Jawing his cat neck would work, but it wouldn't be the OHKO I thought it would be.

His neck functions like ours...which is truly sorry...
The wing idea would work on Zard as well, since he can't turn his neck like a snake can and his arms aren't as long as M2's.

And M2 was also in another game:
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/File:Freezadies.jpg
My offspring killed M2.

Paya couldn't do that...

JOE!

Smash Hero
ok, as it turns out i have the flu (possibly swine) and am all fuzzy in the head atm...

anywho, I'd be up for discussing DDD vs Zard now that you bring that up...

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Okay then, what is the numbers?

840/160 M2's favor?

Wish I have been here to discuss.

I will usually take the losing side's side cause I want to be a balancer in these discussions.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Zard lacks teeth.
DDD has a hammer.
DDD knocks out the 4 fangs Zard has.
Hammer to the neck.
They are about the same height anyway (Zard has about a ft of neck), and DDD could headbutt him in the throat.
A whack on his tail causes problems.
DDD can grab his wing and do what he wants with him.
DDD has longer arms than him and is stronger.
He dthrows his neck (lol).

Too many thing DDD can do to Zard that he can't answer for...

@ JOE!
Get better man...make a good recovery as well....:(

and take vodka...

REL38

Smash Lord

Lacks actual legs to move.

Far too rounded to effectively move anyway.

No evidence of having the proper muscle build.

Hammer is far too large to swing.
Correction, his hammer is shown to be fully mechanical rendering it nigh impossible for D3 to even lift it. Ganon probably can't lift it either. Maybe DK or Bowser, but not D3.

Might as well call him The Blob.
His only protection is girth, but even IC's got past that.
To my knowledge, D3 has always been 2 feet in height in these MU's. If changed, then anything over 4 feet is over-doing it.

Charizard can still bite with force. D3 being immobile allows for repeated leg stomps, bites and tail swings, all of which can be directed towards the head after nudging D3 to fall over.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Listen to the man above.

DeDeDe fails even more than zard. Zard at least has claws and could tackle his opponents. DDD's physique sucks so much that he can't possibly even move fast enough to tackle properly. DDD still sucks.

Top Bottom