• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

tocador

Smash Lord
DDD is just a fat penguin, he can walk, just like a penguin.

You guys are wierd, you are saying like: "Omfg look this creature(points to platypus) its obviously fail and cant exist because no mammal can lay eggs and have a beack(or w/e its called), and look at this body, and this paws, how can something like this even walk? Or better, swim!?!?!?!" When in fact platypus is i think the second or third fastest animal on water(size per size i mean).

Nova9000

Smash Lord

Lacks actual legs to move.

Far too rounded to effectively move anyway.

No evidence of having the proper muscle build.

Hammer is far too large to swing.
Correction, his hammer is shown to be fully mechanical rendering it nigh impossible for D3 to even lift it. Ganon probably can't lift it either. Maybe DK or Bowser, but not D3.

Might as well call him The Blob.
His only protection is girth, but even IC's got past that.
To my knowledge, D3 has always been 2 feet in height in these MU's. If changed, then anything over 4 feet is over-doing it.

Charizard can still bite with force. D3 being immobile allows for repeated leg stomps, bites and tail swings, all of which can be directed towards the head after nudging D3 to fall over.
I can see the leg part so he isn't mobile. I agree.

So I guess he can't have muscle under his fat?

I thought the hammer was non-realistic for it to have the mechanical features. But whatever...

The Blob is Wario or Kirby, but not DDD. And I thought he was 3 ft in height.

Zard would bute DDD and fail at it. His fangs are as small as Oli's real size and against that level of fat would either have little effect or would hurt Zard more. Then DDD punches him in the skull causing a concussion.

Tail swipes would work, But what if DDD decdides to fall on Zard? He's a goner since he can't use his wings, tail, arms, or head. And DDD is right on his neck or around it to punch him.

@ Paya
While you're lurking, figure out how to give Wario bombs b/c he lost tht MU and he **** sure would lose to me.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Toc

Look at his feet. Notice how he only has feet. No legs.
No animal can be than rounded and hope to move.
Especially since he's walking on 2 feet and has no legs.
By your logic, Kirby, Jiggles and Metaknight can move around with ease. Even though they only have feet and no legs.

@Nova

He has arms, sure.
But a 2-3 foot penguin producing enough strength to cause a knock-out?
On a 5 foot reptile?
Not likely.

D3 has fat as insulation.
Muscle doesn't store heat as well as fat.
Not likely he would much any toned muscle.
A punch would lose overall force because he can't properly punch due to his body.

Charizard just needs to push D3 over and it's over.
He can't get back up.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I feel proud for lol-phailing Kirby, Jigglypuff and Meta-Knight.

They have the bodies, skeleton-types, and muscles, but the diminutive, if not just plain stubby arms makes them inviable for actual combat. Meta-Knight appears to have hands, but in reality, being the same species as Kirby, he had no fingers to use the gloves and grip his sword with. His armor weighs him down to the point it's pointless to discuss his MUs.

JOE!

Smash Hero
somebody brought up he should be rediscussed vs DDD.

anywho, what is the current consensus here?

Zard has the means of more effectivly killing, but M2's stature gets in the way?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Yea M2 wins. Zard fails badly.
Yoshi is a better dragon...
I'll drop the DDD discussion though so we can move on to the next MU.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
If DK coudln't win, then Diddy stands no chance. His body is smaller so it takes less time for the poison to get into his body.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Well...the victory IMO goes to the man in the MU...Zelda...

Marth is more skilled with his sword than Shelda is, but Zelda has those arrows of hers.
Since Link killed Ganon with arrows and Zelda has as much skill with the bow and Marth has heck of a lot less armor than Ganon, I see a similar MU occuring. But she has to end it quick before Marth closes in and kills her.

REL38

Smash Lord
Call me crazy or correct me, but iirc, Zelda only uses her bow/arrows at the end of LoZ games to psuedo-harm Ganon.

Magic arrows, at that.

At the end of each game.
Does that justify Zelda knowing how to use em' right, cuz if ya ask me; seems more like a plot mechanic.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Call me crazy or correct me, but iirc, Zelda only uses her bow/arrows at the end of LoZ games to psuedo-harm Ganon.

Magic arrows, at that.

At the end of each game.
Does that justify Zelda knowing how to use em' right, cuz if ya ask me; seems more like a plot mechanic.
She uses them, and on horseback, which is very difficult.

Even if it is a plot mechanic, it's still canon, and honestly you could call anything a plot mechanic.

REL38

Smash Lord
She uses them, and on horseback, which is very difficult.

Even if it is a plot mechanic, it's still canon, and honestly you could call anything a plot mechanic.
I see the reasoning behind it.
It's canon.

So I question why Zelda is given pro archer skills while White Pikmin are disallowed poison fumes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does LoZ canon ever state that she is an expert archer?
I mean in-game, not wiki.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Well...they don't really mention IIRC. She just hops on Epona and starts shooting.
The fact she shoots magic arrows is debatable; for all we know magic could have been the benefactor for the hits to land on Ganon. But then again, she still has to get the arrows to hit, so IDK lol.

As far as white Pikmin REL, I can't answer that. But that would make it essentially a walking Ivysaur I guess. And lol at your sig. Good times...

REL38

Smash Lord
@Payas

Except they're not full fledged plants.
They're alien beings that can plausibly expel toxic fumes.

Red probably can't run through fire.
Yellow probably can't run through electricity.
Blue can breathe underwater.
Purple have weight.
White can breathe poison.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@Payas

Except they're not full fledged plants.
They're alien beings that can plausibly expel toxic fumes.

Red probably can't run through fire.
Yellow probably can't run through electricity.
Blue can breathe underwater.
Purple have weight.
White can breathe poison.
You're going to have to take that up with JOE! then.
A lot of the phenomenons that we allow aren't necessarily explained too well and this could be one of them. I never played Pikmin 2 so I never knew they had that ability.

JOE!

Smash Hero
there was a vid...the cutscene where you originally find Whites, where one exhales or coughs out a purple cloud. it was brought up way back when Oli vs IC's was originally discussed.

not sure if we could/should use it though as it was only a "cough"

REL38

Smash Lord
there was a vid...the cutscene where you originally find Whites, where one exhales or coughs out a purple cloud. it was brought up way back when Oli vs IC's was originally discussed.

not sure if we could/should use it though as it was only a "cough"
So why allow Zelda to posses pro archer skills when she only uses the bow/arrows only once during Twilight Princess.

Also, why is it assumed White Pikmin actively "breathe out" poison when the cutscene has him "cough" it out?

JOE!

Smash Hero
whites were relieved of that power in the redos, and recent oli matches.

and zelda has had the bow in more than TP, she had it in WW as well

REL38

Smash Lord
whites were relieved of that power in the redos, and recent oli matches.

and zelda has had the bow in more than TP, she had it in WW as well
Those who tossed it off as null did so because it only occured in a single cutscene.

Again, I ask, is there canon proof that says Zelda is a pro archer?

If it's ruled that Zelda be given pro archer skills based off of a single example of her seemingly possessing such skill (in respective game); White Pikmin can be justified to expel poison fumes based on a single example.

No "WW Zelda could do it, so she obviously knows how in TP", cuz LoZ timelines beg to differ :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
it didnt happen in a cutscene, throughout both ganon fights, zelda helps link by pegging him with arrows.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I see the reasoning behind it.
It's canon.

So I question why Zelda is given pro archer skills while White Pikmin are disallowed poison fumes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does LoZ canon ever state that she is an expert archer?
I mean in-game, not wiki.
Pikmin shouldn't have been disallowed the fumes.

Those who tossed it off as null did so because it only occured in a single cutscene.

If it's ruled that Zelda be given pro archer skills based off of a single example of her seemingly possessing such skill (in respective game); White Pikmin can be justified to expel poison fumes based on a single example.

No "WW Zelda could do it, so she obviously knows how in TP", cuz LoZ timelines beg to differ :p
The zelda we are using is smash zelda who is a composite of the various zeldas.

payasofobia

Smash Champion

Cavalry archery requires a buttload of skill to do properly. Zelda has shown to be able to hit moving targets in horses quite accurately. Zelda probably has the skill to use the bow. Not the muscles, but the skill.

And regarding the Pikmen: they are not starfish aliens that developed in an environment extremely different from ours. Hell, it has been heavily implied that the game takes place in earth:

This means that Pikmen should have extremely similar evolutionary lines as our own. This means that they should not be able to expell toxic fumes. Not to mention that that toxic fumes thing was probably the only way to show in-game that those pikmen are poisonous.

How else would they show it without prematurely killing a brand new Pikmin mid-introduction?

Also: http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Brute_Knuckles

This is the brute knuckle. Getting it gives Olimar the rocket fist ability.

http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Rocket_Fist

Notice the similarities:

REL38

Smash Lord
@Adumb

So the Zelda being used is a combination of Zelda's or the usage of just one?
Every LoZ game has different Link's, Ganon's and Zelda's.
They can't be combo'd like Pit was if that was what you meant :/

@Payas
But where is it ever shown in canon that Zelda was a pro archer capable of such a feat?
Everytime she uses em', it seems more like she only accomplishes said feat through magic.
Link is shown mastery of the bow/arrow throughout each game, but Zelda is only shown to use said bow/arrow to help Link at the end of the game(s) via some magic.
If anything, it's the Triforce that gives Zelda pro archer skills, not personal skill.

Regarding the Pikmin, a few possibilities lay here.

1. This happens centuries or eons in the future where Earth is barren of humans and inhabitated by dramatically different animal species.

2. This is happening in a different "dimension" or "reality" of Earth.
Pokemon Pokedex has made several references to "Earth".
Ex. Deoxys was said to come from a metiorite that crashed onto Earth.

3. It is never directly revealed if this is truely taking place on Earth.
Miyamoto has yet to say anything in regards to this. Only heavy implications.
Ex. The Pokedex said *insert Pokemon name I forgot* can lift or stun an African Elephant.
LoZ has steamboats, trains and medieval influences.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@ US
That is you v. the real UncleSam in a gunfight.
You don't even have a gun and you win lol.

Top Bottom