• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

REL38

Smash Lord
for the love of...

Rel, zelda doesnt magically get the skills, if she shows it multiple times throughout the series.

I mean, do we even know what the hell she is doing throughout the time Link is on his adventures? And as I said at the top of the page, she has knowledge of weaponary, so it isnt far-fetched that she would know how to use a bow. Just because she uses light arrows does not mean her skill with the bow is magic. Link uses light arrows too, is his skill magic?
She's used them throughout many of the games, sure.
But she's never the same person in any two games.
Always a different person.
The only retained traits from each incarnation are the Triforce and relative appearance.
No memory or skills are ever retained.
She may have displayed constant usage of arrows, but never as the same person.
Combination doesn't magically give her pro archer skills.

Unexplained skill at end of game + unexplained skill at end of game + unexplained skill at end of game =/= pro archer skills to the max.

Link has shown to effectively use the bow n' arrow throughout many games.
It's one of his primary weapons.
Throughout the entire game, skill would be honed and developed.
Shooting another type of arrow wouldn't be difficult as he's shown to display the skill with explaination via gameplay and storyline (?).
Zelda never does.

Where does she get weapon training?
From OoT?

1% sacrificing herself to save others
1% Acting as Ganon's puppet
1% helping fight Ganon
35% captured
8% Asleep
8% Masquerading as a pirate
2% plugging ears when Link says, "Excuuuuuuuse me, princesss!"
24% absent
7% disguised as Sheik
3% in hiding
10% turned to stone

(Nintendo Power, holiday 2009, issue 249, pg. 50)

*don't sue me Nintendo!*

Their normal names, Pikmin, derive from these carrots on his home planet of Hocotate, called Pik Pik Carrots.

Pik Pik is the base and "men" for "people" which is altered in the name.
Change the lettering and you get "Pikmin".

Nova9000

Smash Lord
She's used them throughout many of the games, sure.
But she's never the same person in any two games.
Always a different person.
The only retained traits from each incarnation are the Triforce and relative appearance.
No memory or skills are ever retained.
She may have displayed constant usage of arrows, but never as the same person.
Combination doesn't magically give her pro archer skills.

Unexplained skill at end of game + unexplained skill at end of game + unexplained skill at end of game =/= pro archer skills to the max.

Link has shown to effectively use the bow n' arrow throughout many games.
It's one of his primary weapons.
Throughout the entire game, skill would be honed and developed.
Shooting another type of arrow wouldn't be difficult as he's shown to display the skill with explaination via gameplay and storyline (?).
Zelda never does.

Where does she get weapon training?
From OoT?

1% sacrificing herself to save others
1% Acting as Ganon's puppet
1% helping fight Ganon
35% captured
8% Asleep
8% Masquerading as a pirate
2% plugging ears when Link says, "Excuuuuuuuse me, princesss!"
24% absent
7% disguised as Sheik
3% in hiding
10% turned to stone

(Nintendo Power, holiday 2009, issue 249, pg. 50)

*don't sue me Nintendo!*

Their normal names, Pikmin, derive from these carrots on his home planet of Hocotate, called Pik Pik Carrots.

Pik Pik is the base and "men" for "people" which is altered in the name.
Change the lettering and you get "Pikmin".
Do one of those for Peach and you'll see why she can't use bombs well.

Anyway, you aren't even thinking this through anymore. So let me try again:
http://www.zeldawiki.org/Princess_Zelda#Abilities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_(TV_series)#Show_premise
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_(TV_series)#Main_Characters

It is only common sense that she has the skill to use a bow and arrow. The fact of the matter is she was trained and possesses the skill set to shoot arrows. Let it go.

White pikmin aren't getting that ability and I already explained why. This is senseless and you're holding up the thread now.

@ US
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8810814&postcount=14179
Planimal was already used by me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MH_2XSZjxQ :bee:

REL38

Smash Lord
Do one of those for Peach and you'll see why she can't use bombs well.

Anyway, you aren't even thinking this through anymore. So let me try again:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_(TV_series)#Show_premise
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_(TV_series)#Main_Characters

It is only common sense that she has the skill to use a bow and arrow. The fact of the matter is she was trained and possesses the skill set to shoot arrows. Let it go.

White pikmin aren't getting that ability and I already explained why. This is senseless and you're holding up the thread now.

@ US
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8810814&postcount=14179
Planimal was already used by me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MH_2XSZjxQ :bee:

The list was for humor in the Nintendo Power I just read today.
They had their little feature of Spirit Tracks and had that list in it. If anything, it was for humor :p

TV shows never properly reflect what they're based off of. Include movies with that statement.
That's a wiki you used for the last one. I can go on it and change that if I really wanted to :/
Wiki's aren't as credible as canon.
Wiki often reflect assumptions made by the writers or w/e.

EDIT:
Zelda wiki is pretty chill.
They actually seperate theory from canon fact.
General wikipedia sucks though :p

Originally Quoted from Zelda Wiki
Some of Princess Zelda's physical abilities are demonstrated in games such as The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. In The Wind Waker, Princess Zelda aids Link in battling Ganondorf by borrowing the young hero's bow and using it to fire Light Arrows at the King of the Gerudo.[16] This skill is again portrayed in the final battle of Twilight Princess, where the princess yet again uses a bow and Light Arrows to strike Ganondorf while accompanying Link on his horse.[24] In one scene, Princess Zelda is seen wielding a sword, although it is unknown whether she possessed any true sword skills.

As shown in Twilight Princess, Princess Zelda is capable of communicating with the Light Spirits. Just as the princess and Link are about to be attacked by Ganondorf's ghostly army, Zelda calls upon the Light Spirits to aid her in her time of need, in which the spirits grant her the Light Arrow to banish evil.[25]
In Wind Waker, she was a kid.
A young girl being able to properly use a bow/arrow?
Maybe, but the bow seemed small to fit her size.

In Twilight Princess, she uses it on the horse, sure.
But she just got it after calling forth the Light Spirits.
What's easily derived from this is that the same Light Spirits aided her usage of the bow/arrow.
Where else did she get said training?
Once again, I ask if the Shieka used any type of bow/arrow in their society.
If not, then she can't have pro archer skills. Light weapon knowledge would have her know how to use it, but not be good at it.
It's even unspecified if she even has any sword skills.
Using dagger =/= sword play

Also, I already dropped giving White their poison atm. Noticed how I haven't mentioned it in the past couple posts?
I've only brought up Pikmin in general because Marthage said they can't breathe.
I brought up the picture because of what Sam said.
I'm plenty sure responding to things directed at me held up the thread in the last few posts.
/sarcasm

>___>

JOE!

Smash Hero

we cannot bring up shieka because only shiek and Zelda's caretaker are sheika, and have limited screen time.

if anything, the fact that shieka are warrior like and DEFENDERS OF HYRULE, should be enough to say sheika used arrows, cus you know, you're a ******* if you didnt in medeival times.

Zelda time and time agains has shown that she can wield the bow and arrow, and seeing as we are consolidating her appearances into the generic "Zelda" (we can do this with link and zelda, not ganon), she has archer skills.

JOE has spoken :mad:

REL38

Smash Lord

we cannot bring up shieka because only shiek and Zelda's caretaker are sheika, and have limited screen time.

if anything, the fact that shieka are warrior like and DEFENDERS OF HYRULE, should be enough to say sheika used arrows, cus you know, you're a ******* if you didnt in medeival times.

Zelda time and time agains has shown that she can wield the bow and arrow, and seeing as we are consolidating her appearances into the generic "Zelda" (we can do this with link and zelda, not ganon), she has archer skills.

JOE has spoken :mad:
Spartan's defended, what, Sparta?
They sure didn't use arrows :/
Thrown spears, yeah, but they defended more as an army.

You don't need arrows to defend a land filled with magic and evil.
Magic usually gets the job done. Or maybe it doesn't :/

My point here is that you're just assuming arrows are the right tool for the job, but what proof is there?
That's really just theory . . . .

Besides, Time and time again she has used archer skills that aren't even by the same person.

Originally from Zelda Wiki. net

The many princesses named Zelda

As mentioned above, there have been more than one princess named Zelda throughout the history of Hyrule, and since more games are to come, not even all of them have appeared in the games to this date. All of them generally have the same appearance of a beautiful young girl/woman with red or blond hair and blue eyes.

When the princess shown in The Adventure of Link was put to sleep, her brother, the Prince of Hyrule who was partly to blame for her comatose state, decided that in honor of his sister every princess born in to the Royal Family of Hyrule should be named Zelda.[34] It is unclear if this explains the name of every Princess Zelda, since the order of the games is unknown.

Tetra

Born into a society of pirates on the Great Sea, Tetra, captain of the pirates, was completely unaware that she was a member of the Royal Family of Hyrule's bloodline.[62][63] When this was revealed to her by King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, she was just as surprised as Link to find out that she was indeed a descendant of Princess Zelda of Hyrule and also the one destined to be the keeper of the Triforce of Wisdom.[81]
Proof she's not even the same person at all.
They even referenced Tetra was a descendent of another Zelda.
They're only inter-related by name :/

So how are they consolidated when they're not the same at all?
Every Zelda is only called "Zelda" cuz of some dude that felt bad about endangering his sister :/

Besides, isn't Link the only one who's really only the same in every game by spirit?

Shieka aren't given enough screen time?
Too bad.
That only screws Zelda over by not being given bow/arrow training from lack of plausible training.

Using proof of, "she used it in many games" isn't good when every Zelda is just another descendent of the past one.

Bruce Lee was the greatest martial artist that ever lived.
His son, Brandon Lee, didn't auto-inherit that.
Brandon Lee's kid wouldn't auto-inherit that ability either.
Genetics don't work that way.

JOE!

Smash Hero
...dude, are you saying all the zeldas are related?

seriously, the only exceptionto consolidation is that Tetra is slightly different, all the rest are interchangable for all intents and purposes. And the fact remains that zelda has weapon training (at the VERY least from TP) in that she is shown with correct pose with a sword, and that she = sheik, who as a sheika trained by her caretaker, knows combat. Combine these two facts, then that she indeed uses the bow at least twice, and you have grounds to say she can fire a **** arrow.

case closed

Nova9000

Smash Lord

The list was for humor in the Nintendo Power I just read today.
They had their little feature of Spirit Tracks and had that list in it. If anything, it was for humor :p

TV shows never properly reflect what they're based off of. Include movies with that statement.
That's a wiki you used for the last one. I can go on it and change that if I really wanted to :/
Wiki's aren't as credible as canon.
Wiki often reflect assumptions made by the writers or w/e.

EDIT:
Zelda wiki is pretty chill.
They actually seperate theory from canon fact.
General wikipedia sucks though :p

In Wind Waker, she was a kid.
A young girl being able to properly use a bow/arrow?
Maybe, but the bow seemed small to fit her size.

In Twilight Princess, she uses it on the horse, sure.
But she just got it after calling forth the Light Spirits.
What's easily derived from this is that the same Light Spirits aided her usage of the bow/arrow.
Where else did she get said training?
Once again, I ask if the Shieka used any type of bow/arrow in their society.
If not, then she can't have pro archer skills. Light weapon knowledge would have her know how to use it, but not be good at it.
It's even unspecified if she even has any sword skills.
Using dagger =/= sword play

Also, I already dropped giving White their poison atm. Noticed how I haven't mentioned it in the past couple posts?
I've only brought up Pikmin in general because Marthage said they can't breathe.
I brought up the picture because of what Sam said.
I'm plenty sure responding to things directed at me held up the thread in the last few posts.
/sarcasm

>___>
Lol. I wish they did Peach for that...maybe we can see how often she is kidnapped...

I know wiki isn't as accurate, but I needed something verifying that she had skill, so it was that or nothing. But Zelda wiki is great how it makes it known what is canon and what isn't.

Looking at her sword, she knows how to hold it but she doesn't have necessarily the skills to wield it. That's why she would use a bow and arrow instead. Heck, in OoT the girl at the ranch could use a bow and arrow so it doesn't require much skill in a sense.

To answer your question, I don't even know if Sheikah used arrows at all. She never used them in Oot, but then again she did want to keep low as well. But then again, how good do you have to be to hit Marth? I never played FE, but I do know the stuff posted before about arrows and how they work. Maybe it won't be a OHKO, but Zelda is bound t hit Marth regardless.

Actually, take that back. Maybe Impa didn't have to teach her after all...

REL38

Smash Lord
...dude, are you saying all the zeldas are related?

seriously, the only exceptionto consolidation is that Tetra is slightly different, all the rest are interchangable for all intents and purposes. And the fact remains that zelda has weapon training (at the VERY least from TP) in that she is shown with correct pose with a sword, and that she = sheik, who as a sheika trained by her caretaker, knows combat. Combine these two facts, then that she indeed uses the bow at least twice, and you have grounds to say she can fire a **** arrow.

case closed
No Zelda is the same.
You're taking different people throughout LoZ history and combo'n them into one.
Sure, they all have the same "destiny" of keeping the Triforce of Wisdom, but that doesn't make them the same.

Not at the very least.

So she's shown to hold a sword just the right way in Twilight Princess.
How on earth does that equal knowing how to fight with a sword?
So if I stand in the Crouching Tiger stance, I got pro martial arts skills?
I don't think so.

That's barely a plausible assumption.

Shieka =/= knows every weapon there is
My question still stands.
Do Shieka ever use bow/arrows?
Being smart in one area of combat/weaponry does not mean you're smart with a weapon you're not even familiar with using.

Knowing how to use a bow/arrow.
Sure.
Being good at it.
Not really.

@Nova
Using a bow/arrow doesn't sound very difficult, but it's harder than it looks.
You gots to hold it the right way, point it right, know where to put the arrow and how to let go.
Do it wrong and it flops over.

maybe it flops over. Don't really know myself :/

btw
Peach is kidnapped, what, 80% of the time?
SMRPG, Super Princess Peach and Super Paper Mario would add her doing stuff.

JOE!

Smash Hero
@Nova
Using a bow/arrow doesn't sound very difficult, but it's harder than it looks.
You gots to hold it the right way, point it right, know where to put the arrow and how to let go.
Do it wrong and it flops over.

maybe it flops over. Don't really know myself :/
ok, thank you for winning the argument for me.

you just said yourself you need to learn how to hold weapons right, which she does with both the sword and teh bow/arrow in her games. This alone should prove that she knwos how to use them to some degree. Me and Nova have both explained also why it is feasable why/how she would know how to use the weapons (trained by her caretaker) and that magic doesnt do jack for her when it comes to archery, other than the ammo (light arrows, which link has access to as well, and are nothing more than more damaging arrows)

As Ive said time and again, even through they are differnt, tell me the exact omg-wtf Differences that would totally differentiate each zelda from the last (with maybe the exception of tetra) from game to game, like Ganon experiences.

Link and Zelda from game to game are simply too similar to really say theyre unique entities, whereas with ganon you'll need to specify which one.

Nova9000

Smash Lord

you just said yourself you need to learn how to hold weapons right, which she does with both the sword and teh bow/arrow in her games. This alone should prove that she knwos how to use them to some degree. Me and Nova have both explained also why it is feasable why/how she would know how to use the weapons (trained by her caretaker) and that magic doesnt do jack for her when it comes to archery, other than the ammo (light arrows, which link has access to as well, and are nothing more than more damaging arrows)

As Ive said time and again, even through they are differnt, tell me the exact omg-wtf Differences that would totally differentiate each zelda from the last (with maybe the exception of tetra) from game to game, like Ganon experiences.

Link and Zelda from game to game are simply too similar to really say theyre unique entities, whereas with ganon you'll need to specify which one.
Lol. Kaka-REL pulled a Plaxico and shot his own argument down.

Oh and Peach's # is too low. I'm thinking 94% of the time she's kidnapped or doing nothing.

REL38

Smash Lord

Have you ever shot an arrow?
A longbow or w/e, at that?

I sure haven't.

I can say, "pulling an arrow is lol easy."
But can I shoot down a moving target with accuracy?
Probably not.

My question, is she holding it the right way?
Does she know how to properly aim, how to take the knock-back and predict the movement of a moving foe?
A foe that would see the bow and constantly strife, roll, run and dodge to make himself a difficult target?

In correlation with said question, what proof is there in Twilight Princess that reveals where she got her sudden arrow shooting skills at the end of the game?

I can imitate the Prey Mantis technique, but that doesn't mean I'm a pro martial artist.
Not by a longshot.

Her holding a sword correcting hardly justifies her having Jedi knight saber wielding action.
Especially when she doesn't really use it at all.

Each Zelda has different abilities that makes her unique in her own way as well as story elements and even personality.
Revealed mostly via storyline.
The only resemblence they all have are appearance.
That's really it.
That and the Triforce of Wisdom.

JOE!

Smash Hero
....dude, the fact that she could do all those things on **** horseback of all things means nothing to you?

we've proved that light arrows would have no effect other than damage, end of story: she can wield a bow

REL38

Smash Lord
The fact that these arrows are necessary to"kill" Ganon is what points to the gods of Eldin, Ordona, Faron and Lanayru ensuring that they make their mark by imbuing said arrows with magical properties that give the holder the skills of an expert archer.

After all, Zelda is only a princess.
She examplifies absolutely nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to skills.
The only games where she really does anything are in Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks, but those are kid Zelda's from a different time period.

Once again, Zelda is given an ability with absolutely no explaination behind it other than, "she just knows how".
So Zelda's captured and she just so happens to know how to use a bow and arrow?
A princess?

Next, are these arrows even aerodynamic?
As in, weight-wise?
They look a lot more like "display" weapons that are souly made to look cool, but fail when used as an actual weapon.

JOE!

Smash Hero
on this note, ganon is never shown in training with his swords...he just knows how.

Link gets stuff and is pro at them right out of the chest.

Mario just punches a box then magic happens

should all these other guys come into question now, or shoudl we keep them the way they are for the sake of the thread and discussion?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
on this note, ganon is never shown in training with his swords...he just knows how.

Link gets stuff and is pro at them right out of the chest.

Mario just punches a box then magic happens

should all these other guys come into question now, or shoudl we keep them the way they are for the sake of the thread and discussion?
See what you did Kaka-REL?
5.5 is coming now...
I warned you this would come up...
Now every character's "training" will be scrtuionized...

And what's funny is that I said the same stuff about Peach and it was assumed "she just knew how", when Zelda clearly does more than Peach ever will in a game.

Anyway, let's try this approach then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRa3032xQFk
Analyze that. notice how she uses the arrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtTyOf8OCKg&feature=related
That is how it works in a sense. Pretty simplistic if you ask me.
Also notice that he said you have to be trained like at 7. Zelda was using a bow and arrow at a young age so it can be assumed she was taught well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ5pZ9ucDfk&feature=related
Here's one showing that it isn't a sexist ordeal. In fact, Zelda could probably even do this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3DGqSeGz5M
I'd like to get to know her and see what else she can do :chuckle:
But the jist is starting off young, she moved on and became more proficient with the bow and developed her archery skills that way. I can't prove if the Sheikah trained her with arrows or not, but the fact that she was using them at a young age should justify enough there.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Tri-force of wisdom provides just that, wisdom. It's also strongly implied to provide the magic related to that.

Why in God's good name would it be related in any way whatsoever to how she got her arrow skills? Those are physical abilities, and if related to any tri-force, would be related to power.

Regardless, my understanding was that we never questioned the source of an ability as long as the ability IN AND OF ITSELF was realistic.

As I remember, this came up before, I believe it was Zelda-related, and that was our determination, why change it?

That would toss many of our prior match-ups into doubt as well, Pit is... well a cupid, so his backstory is completely unrealistic. Samus and ZSS' physical abilities are acquired from Chozo blood, but are still humanly possible, we'd have to drop them off at normal women (actually, might have been Samus). Heck, we could justify that for Fox, Falco, and Wolf under the basic assumption that their ships and tech are totally unrealistic, and therefore their backstory is unrealistic, therefore we have no idea what their physical abilities are.

No, the basic idea is stupid, if an ability is in and of itself realistic, then it is accepted, we discredit abilities on their attributes alone, not their source within the story.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Tri-force of wisdom provides just that, wisdom. It's also strongly implied to provide the magic related to that.

Why in God's good name would it be related in any way whatsoever to how she got her arrow skills? Those are physical abilities, and if related to any tri-force, would be related to power.

Regardless, my understanding was that we never questioned the source of an ability as long as the ability IN AND OF ITSELF was realistic.

As I remember, this came up before, I believe it was Zelda-related, and that was our determination, why change it?

That would toss many of our prior match-ups into doubt as well, Pit is... well a cupid, so his backstory is completely unrealistic. Samus and ZSS' physical abilities are acquired from Chozo blood, but are still humanly possible, we'd have to drop them off at normal women (actually, might have been Samus). Heck, we could justify that for Fox, Falco, and Wolf under the basic assumption that their ships and tech are totally unrealistic, and therefore their backstory is unrealistic, therefore we have no idea what their physical abilities are.

No, the basic idea is stupid, if an ability is in and of itself realistic, then it is accepted, we discredit abilities on their attributes alone, not their source within the story.
QFT.
And another post count lol...

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
Not joining either side, but I noticed something silly:

Link and Zelda are different most of the time, but they're one for TDB.

Ganondorf's the same every time, but he needs to be split for TDB.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Marth has more experience with the sword, he could definitely beat some one using hand to hand combat, only problem is the bow and the arrows can be dodged he does it all the time in his game so that shows his agility, I think Marth has this one.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Marth has more experience with the sword, he could definitely beat some one using hand to hand combat, only problem is the bow and the arrows can be dodged he does it all the time in his game so that shows his agility, I think Marth has this one.
False. Need I show you what happened to Link v. Ganon?
You don't dodge arrows, no matter how agile you believe you are.
Marth only has a chestplate, which is the equivalent to nothing considering what an arrow can do to you.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
False. Need I show you what happened to Link v. Ganon?
You don't dodge arrows, no matter how agile you believe you are.
Marth only has a chestplate, which is the equivalent to nothing considering what an arrow can do to you.
He is alot lighter than Gannon and so is his sword and he dodges arrows in his game without the use of magic or super powers.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Not joining either side, but I noticed something silly:

Link and Zelda are different most of the time, but they're one for TDB.

Ganondorf's the same every time, but he needs to be split for TDB.
actually, thats teh opposite.

In each game, Link and Zelda are fundamentally the same:

Link= kid who gets master sword, hylian/hero shield, bombs, bow, etc, and an anooying fairy

Zelda= magic chick who gets kidnapped and sometimes figths back or helps link

Ganon: OoT=muscle man with epic sword and dark magic
WW= fat *** in a kimono and two swords dancing around
TP= Old guy with armor and bigger than the other two, with a different sword and fighting style. Different magic as well

@arrow dodging:

there are two reasons this is allowed in games:

1) it's cewl

2) it would suck rather hard for your hero with the sword to be pwned by a volley of arrows in lvl 3, wouldnt it?

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
actually, thats teh opposite.

In each game, Link and Zelda are fundamentally the same:

Link= kid who gets master sword, hylian/hero shield, bombs, bow, etc, and an anooying fairy

Zelda= magic chick who gets kidnapped and sometimes figths back or helps link

Ganon: OoT=muscle man with epic sword and dark magic
WW= fat *** in a kimono and two swords dancing around
TP= Old guy with armor and bigger than the other two, with a different sword and fighting style. Different magic as well
No, I mean character-wise. Link and Zelda are different people almost every time, but Ganondorf is the same guy.

REL38

Smash Lord

Adumb hit it on the money.

My only reasoning behind trying to discredit Zelda's arrow was due to the double-standard being made.

Limited use policy.

Zelda only ever uses em' at end game in one instance, but White lose their poison due to one instance?
I've been a-okay with Zelda's archery, but not with White losing their poison.

Both are canon.
But exceptions are made?

Rly o rly?

Also, Zelda's still aren't the same.
They're all different people :p[/COLOR]

UncleSam

Smash Master

My only reasoning behind trying to discredit Zelda's arrow was due to the double-standard being made.

Limited use policy.

Zelda only ever uses em' at end game in one instance, but White lose their poison due to one instance?

Both are canon.
But exceptions are made?

Rly o rly?

yeah but there is no info to back up the pikmin case.
yet there's all this stuff being thrown at you about Zelda.
sheesh

JOE!

Smash Hero
Rel, did you really just do this?

You just backtracked your whole previous argument about how Zelda shouldnt have archery, when she clearly is shown having it, and when we show you why the whites shouldnt have the poison, you use that as evidence of why zelda shouldnt have archery?

WTF?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect

Limited use policy.

Both are canon.
But exceptions are made?

Rly o rly?

They're all different people :p[/COLOR] lol color fail
fine describe all the differences between them and if they are significantly different then we will agree with you

Nova9000

Smash Lord

Limited use policy.

Both are canon.
But exceptions are made?

Rly o rly?

EPIC FAIL.

Did you even read my post?

There is no double standard. You're trying to create one and thus affect every character in the thread. Zelda has proof that she can shoot arrows. She has shown to hold it and shoot with incredible aim. The white pikmin has never used breathed poison for any enemies. It makes no sense, is far fetched, and lolable about the control scheme.

I've backed my point up. I see nothing but a youtube vid in your favor.

REL38

Smash Lord
EPIC FAIL.

Did you even read my post?

There is no double standard. You're trying to create one and thus affect every character in the thread. Zelda has proof that she can shoot arrows. She has shown to hold it and shoot with incredible aim. The white pikmin has never used breathed poison for any enemies. It makes no sense, is far fetched, and lolable about the control scheme.

I've backed my point up. I see nothing but a youtube vid in your favor.
What proof?
She held it the "right" way?
There is absolutely no explaination in any way, shape or form that explains a skill she never uses until the end to help Link.
None.

Any training is mere assumption.

EDIT: Using tge Final Smash doesn't show how she actually used it in TP
Zelda is never shown to use a bow/arrow as a kid in TP.

The point being, as it should be, is that if an ability is shown by a character then they get it.

This thread doesn't base a character's abilities on how often or when they use what they have.
It's about assessing what they have been shown to have and whether or not it is realistic.

The point of the thread is not to find if "this or that" is a game/plot mechanic.
It's taking what they've done and applying RL.

Zelda has archer abilities.
White have poison fume.
Mario throws hammers.
Lucario can Judo.
Peach has bombs.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Pikmin have "mouths".
That's how they drink up "nectar".

Pores are also possible.

White apparently have specialized one's that release poison via the mouth area.
http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Pikmin_family
Take a look at the individual pikmin pictures...

no mouths....
and the blues have gills...
also look at the electrocution picture...
no jaw bones nor sign of trachea of any kind.... so how can they expel it from the "mouth" or even have a mouth?
also hinted that respiration occurs through the mouth, but with as simple of a circulatory system hinted at by the biology section I doubt it's efficient, there aren't.

Also look at how the pikmin are proportioned, they are top heavy, bad mobility, how can they climb something that moves IRL whenver they're top heavy like that?

UncleSam

Smash Master
http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Pikmin_family
Take a look at the individual pikmin pictures...

no mouths....
and the blues have gills...
also look at the electrocution picture...
no jaw bones nor sign of trachea of any kind.... so how can they expel it from the "mouth" or even have a mouth?
also hinted that respiration occurs through the mouth, but with as simple of a circulatory system hinted at by the biology section I doubt it's efficient, there aren't.

Also look at how the pikmin are proportioned, they are top heavy, bad mobility, how can they climb something that moves IRL whenver they're top heavy like that?
Now what did I tell you about pikmin?
I know you are talking about the pikmin mouths but they don't need them.

that's why they don't have them.

oh crap I've said too much...

Top Bottom