• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

REL38

Smash Lord
Acid?

But wouldn't that require some sort of organic propulsion system?

Just keep it at fire. It makes sense and shouldn't be kicked out just cuz one person doesn't think it's legit.

*bro-fists*

See, told you you guys we were right.

My ability to stumble onto the right side while being tenacious and having a ton of knowledge (but sucking at actually debating) triumphs again!
*bro-fists back*

We got this!

It's only a matter of time!

JOE!

Smash Hero
i just said that because she thinks itd nerf him, when i showed it'd elliviate the drawback of him using fire :p

Salem

Smash Champion
WTF

No, Fire breathing is way BS the acid thing has more of a chance of actually happening in the real world, cause they already have such a thing in they bodies, pulling it up from they're own body is a whole diffrent story though, trying to buff Bowser by giving him fire is so asking to be called a cheater.

And the bug is probably using some kind of acid.

If I wanted to I could easily prove how Ganon can beat Bowser IRL, but that would require some darn good researching, but i'm willing to do it for a smarter character.

JOE!

Smash Hero
WTF

No, Fire breathing is way BS the acid thing has more of a chance of actually happening in the real world, cause they already have such a thing in they bodies, pulling it up from they're own body is a whole diffrent story though, trying to buff Bowser by giving him fire is so asking to be called a cheater.
Problem is, where does Bowser shoot acid in any appearnce of his?

He and Charizard iconically breathe fire. We found a way that it could POSSIBLY WORK IN RL, so we allowed it. If it were IMPOSSIBLE IN REAL LIFE, not just UNLIKLEY, then he wouldnt have it.

This is why GW isnt allowed, he CANNOT EXIST as an actual being.

Bombadier beetles? no, it is really boiling due to friction. Learn to appreciate teh WTF? moments in nature

If I wanted to I could easily prove how Ganon can beat Bowser IRL, but that would require some darn good researching, but i'm willing to do it for a smarter character.
then instead of crying over bowser's ability to make fire, why not use this supposed logic to simply prove this to us?

REL38

Smash Lord
@Payas

Kid Icarus came out in 1986.

Legend of Zelda II came out in 1987

Castlevania came out in 1986

Megaman came out in 1987

1. Ice Climber was a release title for the NES so its graphic weren't gonna be all that great to begin with.

2. The target audience Ice Climber was appealing to was children. The NES just came out and they needed to gain sales. They turned to the obvious targets of children. Radical graphics weren't required to gain children's attention, just something colorful and kid friendly.

This fit the bill.

3. The target audience for the games you mentioned (excluding Donkey Kong) were made for an older crowd, more so young/older teenagers.

Simple graphics and no story wouldn't do, so introducing more detailed graphics and an actual storyline (sort of) grasped the player on a deeper level than aimlessly performing the same thing over and over and over (see Duck Hunt, Ice Climber) with little to no change.

4. Third Party Devlopers.
Companies such as Konami and Capcom had different approaches to gaming and showed it in their games.

5. With what little time difference there was, they still managed to increase the potential of what they could bring to the table. Technology is kinda like that, ya know?

6. Little effort was really put into Ice Climber. It sucks. The controls were TERRIBLE. You did the exact same thing everytime. But at the time, it was "radical".

@Salem, concerning FIRE

This is a documentary on "what if Dragoons were real, giez?".
They covered how dragoons could possible breathe fire.

It was nerfed to the point that Bowser would only be able to use one blast of it since it does collateral damage of intensive heat in his throat/insides which can kill him if he does more than one blast.

This is why we've given Bowser fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylT0mJ0Py58

Salem

Smash Champion
Problem is, where does Bowser shoot acid in any appearnce of his?

He and Charizard iconically breathe fire. We found a way that it could POSSIBLY WORK IN RL, so we allowed it. If it were IMPOSSIBLE IN REAL LIFE, not just UNLIKLEY, then he wouldnt have it.

This is why GW isnt allowed, he CANNOT EXIST as an actual being.

Bombadier beetles? no, it is really boiling due to friction. Learn to appreciate teh WTF? moments in nature

then instead of crying over bowser's ability to make fire, why not use this supposed logic to simply prove this to us?
Wait, GW is not allowed?

Somethings wrong with this thread every day. >_>

If you're able to help everybody else be usable why not help him also?
ROB is doomed though. lol

REL38

Smash Lord
Wait, GW is not allowed?

Somethings wrong with this thread every day. >_>

If you're able to help everybody else be usable why not help him also?
ROB is doomed though. lol
2D guys don't exactly exist IRL

If he was 3D in Smash, then maybe. But he's not.

@Salem, concerning FIRE

This is a documentary on "what if Dragoons were real, giez?".
They covered how dragoons could possible breathe fire.

It was nerfed to the point that Bowser would only be able to use one blast of it since it does collateral damage of intensive heat in his throat/insides which can kill him if he does more than one blast.

This is why we've given Bowser fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylT0mJ0Py58

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
WTF

If I wanted to I could easily prove how Ganon can beat Bowser IRL, but that would require some darn good researching, but I'm willing to do it for a smarter character.
Hydrogen-generating bacteria can exist, and with a gas bladder to store it, as well as a supply of platinum as a catalyst, breathing fire can happen.

All I see from you against is:

"WTF, he cannot has teh ph1r3 because I think its BS! WAH!" at its basest.

Acid requires a bio-mechanic Bowser's physiology is not designed to have.

Also

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier_beetle

Notice the world "explosively" under the "Defense Mechanism" heading. When two substances react, temperature increases until it becomes constant at the boiling point. General Chemistry would teach you this. Reactions like these a are explosive, and friction makes the temperature skyrocket to near the boiling point along with the reaction. Thus the Bombardier Beetle is in a manner of speaking, a "fire-breather".

Bowser's physical strength destroys Ganon's own, and he CAN swat the weapon out of his hands. What can Ganondorf do to Bowser without a sword? Nothing.

Bowser can then use the time in which he is stunned by this event to attempt a second swing with his left arm at Ganondorf. Since his armor is weighing him down, he cannot move as quickly as he needs to, so he dives to the side. This is where Ganon is in trouble. Bowser can stomp on over just as Ganon has finished getting back up from the shock of hitting the ground from his dive to the side, and then gore and maul him by swatting and slashing at him.

Bowser, again, has intelligence, that personality you are basing it off of is that of Bowser from Mario&Luigi and Paper Mario, which does not make up the majority of Bowser's appearances. Ergo Bowser is intelligent, because it takes a brain to make a plan that could work.

Bowser has a brain and is at least on par with Ganondorf in terms of intelligence. Your constant disregard for the fact that Animal ≠ unintelligent makes you lose credibility even more.

Salem

Smash Champion
IRL > VGs

Bowser wouldn't know what Ganon would be doing with a sword.
He never seen a sword before so the knocking the sword out his hand scenario is out of the question.

That's also not very realistic as Ganon would use both hands with the sword thus if anything is gonna be knocked down its just gonna be Ganon.

Besides if ganon's sword is knocked out his hand he can basicly walk away from Bowser due to his speed and force him to approach so he can run around again and get his sword or nothings gonna happn if Bowser suddenly doesn't move, getting stunned is also unrealistic, I don't understand why people still use such a thing, that mostly happens in TV shows and cartoons, it barely happens IRL.
and lol, nothing can actually be useful, don't underestimate it.

JOE!

Smash Hero
you do realize that you can get stunned in rl, right?

just get punched in teh head or gut...why do you think there even is a "seeing stars" joke about being hit hard? o_O

Gettign hit like that disorients your senses due to the sudden impact.

As for not knowing a sword: dude deals with far more complex weapons, and would realize: oh, thats something he may hit me with.

Salem

Smash Champion
you do realize that you can get stunned in rl, right?

just get punched in teh head or gut...why do you think there even is a "seeing stars" joke about being hit hard? o_O

Gettign hit like that disorients your senses due to the sudden impact.

As for not knowing a sword: dude deals with far more complex weapons, and would realize: oh, thats something he may hit me with.
It happens but not all the time.

And far more complex weapons?
Let me see this, I need to be up to date with this bowser fella.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Firstly, bowser has a large enough head for it to be possible for him to be intelligent.
@Adum: Wait, what? Bowser isn't intelligent, he's dumb in like all his games, so that's what we're using. Bigger head =/= intelligence.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
15 pounds?

Have you ever held a longsword? Your higher-weight specimens ran like 5 pounds. 15 pounds is insanely heavy.

For reference, 2 handed claymores ran five and a half pounds.
Okay, so look at this video (only the first few seconds): Ganondorf's Sword

Ganondorf's sword is like 15 pound, which is indeed INSANELY heavy. In that video you could see Ganon only using one hand to hold his 15 pound sword. Only one hand. He moves and attacks with it like it's a toothpick. That should tell us something. Ganondorf is insanely strong, even stronger than what we're currently making him out to be.

Oh and, guys, Bowser isn't 10 feet tall. His average height is 7 feet. If you're gonna make him 10 feet tall, that wouldn't be fair.

UncleSam

Smash Master
and whoever said Ganondorf's Armor would slow him down is wrong.
modern battle armor weighs about 3 times as much as plated armor and only slows down a military soldier a little.
Plated armor weighs practically nothing and it contributes a lot.

UncleSam

Smash Master
EDIT 2: stop comparing him to real animals when there really isnt anything besides possibly an anklyosaur to compare him to
then this is his brain:

he'd be able to do basic motor functions and his species natural self-defense.
analyzing his opponent, being able to pick out targets to hit, ect. is way beyond his brain's capacity.

oops DP w/e

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
then this is his brain:

analyzing his opponent, being able to pick out targets to hit, ect. is way beyond his brain's capacity.

oops DP w/e
So, wouldn't the allow Ganon to strike first?

UncleSam

Smash Master
IDK maybe, I've never heard about an ankylosaur attacking first.
they are idiotic but they have defense.
sadly that defense is only bone and keratin exactly what Bowser has.
Steel and other tempered metals will break through Bowser.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
then this is his brain:

oops DP w/e
First off, JOE said stop comparing him to to other animals. IDK if you're doing this, but the way you posted that, to me, implied that you used the brain of an anklyosaur.

Second, how do YOU know? Have you seen Bowsers brain?/sarcasm There is no possible way to tell how smart bowser is. I doubt he's a mechanical whiz, but you're giving him the brain of an animal. A dumb animal. Judging by how many times he's fought, and some of the plans he's concocted(See:Mario and Luigi RPGS, specificaly Boswer's inside story), I believe we can conclude that he is actually pretty smart, being able to do more then basic motor functions and self-defense. And also, posting a picture of a golf ball doesn't really do much.

In response to the plate armor, that's interesting, and I didn't know that. But also:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jF4CU9XvSI (around 3:12)
Bowser can punch as well. And I see that punch denting this

Which could damage Ganons chest.
And for even more pawnch power, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uab8v6a5eRs(1:35). Goes through Boulders.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ganondorf has the most chance of tripping in a match than any other character, did you know that? The fact that Ganon has to approach with the (second) slowest running speed in about all his match-ups, he's more vulnerable to tripping than any other character.
I'm not sure, but didn't he wish invincibility over Mario's death from a star, in a game?

UncleSam

Smash Master
First off, JOE said stop comparing him to to other animals. IDK if you're doing this, but the way you posted that, to me, implied that you used the brain of an anklyosaur.
JOE said Ankylosaur so I just responded is all.

Second, how do YOU know? Have you seen Bowsers brain?/sarcasm There is no possible way to tell how smart bowser is.
I don't, that's why I'm trying to figure out size and capacity
(I should analyze his skull next)
I doubt he's a mechanical whiz, but you're giving him the brain of an animal. A dumb animal.
look at first response.
Judging by how many times he's fought, and some of the plans he's concocted(See:Mario and Luigi RPGS, specificaly Boswer's inside story)
those plans were balls, maybe in Mario's world, but canon =/= RL. Humans have much more extensive knowledge/plans.
Take a look at TP, Ganondorf wanted revenge on the sages so he manipulated Zant so he could gain control of an entire kingdom and then use them as pawns to devastate Hyrule.
I believe we can conclude that he is actually pretty smart, being able to do more then basic motor functions and self-defense.
look above.
And also, posting a picture of a golf ball doesn't really do much.
an Ankylosaurs brain is approx. the size of a small golf ball.

In response to the plate armor, that's interesting, and I didn't know that. But also:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jF4CU9XvSI (around 3:12)
Bowser can punch as well. And I see that punch denting this

Which could damage Ganons chest.
Saw the vid, and two things.
1) he has to charge his fire and his punch.
2) Ganondorf isn't slow and he has a blade, he'll just cut up Bowser's hand or the sort.

justaway12

Smash Master
Oh, come on =/
Bowser may not be smarter than Ganon, but he isn't that stupid, he does have command over an army, he made a time machine, and IIRC some of his own machines, he might be cocky from time to time, but that's it. I know that isn't allowed IRL, since Time Machines don't exist and some other technicalities, but it does give you an example of what Bowser could do, besdies, if he was known to lead an army, it's shown that he can at least come up with a plan.

If we are comparing him to an animal, he wouldm't be that smart, but he isn't that stupid =/

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789

I don't, that's why I'm trying to figure out size and capacity
(I should analyze his skull next)

look at first response.

those plans were balls, maybe in Mario's world, but canon =/= RL. Humans have much more extensive knowledge/plans.
Take a look at TP, Ganondorf wanted revenge on the sages so he manipulated Zant so he could gain control of an entire kingdom and then use them as pawns to devastate Hyrule.

look above.

an Ankylosaurs brain is approx. the size of a small golf ball.

Saw the vid, and two things.
1) he has to charge his fire and his punch.
2) Ganondorf isn't slow and he has a blade, he'll just cut up Bowser's hand or the sort.
JOE didn't say anklyosaur; he just said that's the closest comparable thing. HE also said NOT to compare him with existing animals.

Size of your brain doesn't always matter.

Look at first response. Joe said NOT to refer him to animals.

I didn't say Bowser was smarter then ganon; not by a long shot. I'm saying that bowser isn't dumb, and his brain can do more then motor skills and self-defense. He is not suddenly an anklyosaur.

Key words: More then motor skills and self-defense.

He's not an anklyosaur.

I wasn't proving the fire with the vid. He can charge his punch, but look when Broggy attacks him. It comes out REALLY fast when he is being charged. And look at the second vid. Bowser needs no charge, and he slides fast and far.
Ganondorf isn't a road runner either, and in TP I don't see him going all marth with a rapier on links ***. I don't really see him moving his sword that fast at all, actually. And if the punch connects, armor or not, Ganon isn't gonna super-armor it and proceed to cut bowsers hand. Even if ganon isn't sent backwards, he'll still be stunned, allowing bowser to follow up with a claw.

EDIT: THANK YOU JUST

UncleSam

Smash Master
First I'll respond to this.

JOE didn't say anklyosaur; he just said that's the closest comparable thing. HE also said NOT to compare him with existing animals.
knowin RL would nerf him

Size of your brain doesn't matter.
lesser amounts of brain cells lower processing power, also smaller cortexes would limit the senses, basic functions, adaptation, ect.

Look at first response. Joe said NOT to refer him to animals.

I didn't say Bowser was smarter then ganon; not by a long shot. I'm saying that bowser isn't dumb, and his brain can do more then motor skills and self-defense. He is not suddenly an anklyosaur.
Key words: More then motor skills and self-defense.

He's not anklyosaur.
this
I wasn't proving the fire with the vid. He can charge his punch, but look when Broggy attacks him. It comes out REALLY fast when he is being charged.
a while ago me and JOE were talking about bowser using fire and how Ganondorf would respond, the charging factor would make a difference there.
Ganondorf isn't a road runner either, and in TP I don't see him going all marth with a rapier on links ***.
the aim of the game is to beat him...
I don't really see him moving his sword that fast at all, actually.
Not only is Ganondorf a master swordsman, he's not slow, I never said he was:

but he's not as slow as you are making him out to be.
And the punch connects, armor or not, Ganon isn't gonna super-armor it and proceed to cut bowsers hand. Even it ganon isn't sent backwards, he'll still be stunned, allowing bowser to follow up with a claw.

EDIT: THANK YOU JUST
it's hard to punch through tempered steel, even if you are strong.
that and he's got 2 more layers under that.

anyway to what I was going to post:

look at his skull, most of it is his mouth, you'd also need space for eyesockets, nostril connections to the throat, ect.
that doesn't leave a large space for a brain, in the skull cavity where the brain is placed a lot of that space is where fluids are, if were giving bowser a large brain, there won't be much room for fluids, and if the brain cannot be oxidized, then functions will not be optimal.

justaway12

Smash Master
I'm not sure about Ganons armour but if Bowser did punch him, I would think he would fall back atleast, giving Bowser to atleast a free punch to Ganons head, since I never saw him wear head armour, or...you know, Bowse could just jump on him =/

I might be exaggerating but lets say, Gorilla punched a man in armour, he would take damage, obviously, or atleast get thrown back.

UncleSam

Smash Master
OMG I fell over and some guy is going to go on top of me what do I do?

Ganondorf isn't defenseless.
and he's smarter than Bowsereven if we go by bowser's smarts in canon, Ganondorf excels past that in both canon and RL
I don't understand how scales would protect against tempered steel

justaway12

Smash Master
Why can't Bowser just immediately follow-up =/
I doubt when he stumbles on the floor he would have enough reaction time to see him coming, or, as I said, Bowser could just keep punching him in the head =/

And what sword does Ganon have?

UncleSam

Smash Master
what about vice versa?
Ganondorf has armor and a weapon,
getting punched in the armor takes lass time to shrug off then a direct flesh wound.
bowser has no "external defense" technically since all his defenses are directly connected to his body somehow, he'll feel pain if the shell takes a successful stab, any flash wound anywhere else would be extremely painful for him.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
First I'll respond to this.

knowin RL would nerf him

lesser amounts of brain cells lower processing power, also smaller cortexes would limit the senses, basic functions, adaptation, ect.

this

a while ago me and JOE were talking about bowser using fire and how Ganondorf would respond, the charging factor would make a difference there.

the aim of the game is to beat him...

Not only is Ganondorf a master swordsman, he's not slow, I never said he was:

but he's not as slow as you are making him out to be.

it's hard to punch through tempered steel, even if you are strong.
that and he's got 2 more layers under that.

anyway to what I was going to post:

look at his skull, most of it is his mouth, you'd also need space for eyesockets, nostril connections to the throat, ect.
that doesn't leave a large space for a brain, in the skull cavity where the brain is placed a lot of that space is where fluids are, if were giving bowser a large brain, there won't be much room for fluids, and if the brain cannot be oxidized, then functions will not be optimal.
I can't decide that;)

Bowser is ranged from 8-10 ft tall. This means that his skull is considerably larger, as are the things inside it, meaning a bigger brain. And frankly, it doesn't have to be bigger then a humans; It's bigger then that of a golf ball.

I said in my post I wasn't proving anything with the fire, so that reply isn't even relevant. I know he has to charge. I was proving things about his punches. Watch the video when Broggy attacks him, Bowser can punch him out of his charge EXTREMELY quick. It may not have the same effect on ganon, but at the very least ganon will be stunned or knocked back.

And? You still never see ganon do quick sword strikes.

Bowser isn't as dumb as you're making him out to be.

I never said he would always punch through it. A 10 ft koopa punching ANYTHING would have alot of energy being transferred through it, and you're a madman if you think ganon can just super-armor it.

Read the first response. Bowsers skull is considerably larger, so even with the extra space for fluids it's not hard to imagine Bowser having the brain of a human, which is the size of a fist.

UncleSam

Smash Master
bowser is 7ft.
it's been said so many times.

and Ganondorf is like 9+ ft.
Link is 5'7"
Ganondorf is almost twice his height.

justaway12

Smash Master
@UncleSams previous message:, first of all, he has those rings around his arm, and second, answer me what sword he has, I doubt he could carry 15 pounds =/, no matter what he did in his games, it didn't matter, I have trouble beliving that, especially since Bowser was supposed to crawl when people found his shell was heavy, even though he had no trouble carrying it in his games =/

@Unclesams above quote: and since when has that been said, I was heard he was taller, Bowser I mean =/

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
bowser is 7ft.
it's been said so many times.

and Ganondorf is like 9+ ft.
Link is 5'7"
Ganondorf is almost twice his height.
WOW
I mean
WOW
Since when was ganon BIGGER then Bowser? Only Ray said Bowser is 7 ft. Joe has always said that Bowser is 10ft, tyvm. And in TP, it appears to me that link goes up to a little below ganons neck. So Ganon isn't 9ft. I remember JOE saying ganon was 7ft, as well.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Read the first response. Bowsers skull is considerably larger, so even with the extra space for fluids it's not hard to imagine Bowser having the brain of a human, which is the size of a fist.
an adult male brain is over 1m^3
ur logic is flawed

@justaway
battleswords/broadswords weigh like 5 lbs.
even if bowser is 10 ft then he has only a few inches of height advantage.
Ray says 7
JOE says 8-10 or something like that.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Okay, so look at this video (only the first few seconds): Ganondorf's Sword

Ganondorf's sword is like 15 pound, which is indeed INSANELY heavy. In that video you could see Ganon only using one hand to hold his 15 pound sword. Only one hand. He moves and attacks with it like it's a toothpick. That should tell us something. Ganondorf is insanely strong, even stronger than what we're currently making him out to be.

Oh and, guys, Bowser isn't 10 feet tall. His average height is 7 feet. If you're gonna make him 10 feet tall, that wouldn't be fair.
Ganondorf's sword is more comparable to a Greatsword, but enough about what type of sword it is, lets take its weight into more consideration.

A 15-pound blade, as we have established, is beyond heavy for a sword. Here is where the problem lies, in the games, Ganondorf's ability to use that sword so effortlessly is because of the Triforce of Power, which gives him superhuman strength and immortality to all but the Blade of Evil's Bane, the Master Sword.

The key problem here is that in this match up, he doesn't have the Triforce of Power, because it's power cannot exist in the real world. Thus the sword will be much heavier for him, and take more effort to move despite the bulk and tone of his muscles.

There is also the fact that the blade's great weight makes it set Ganondorf's center of gravity off balance, making the sword unwieldy and need to be handled with two hands instead of one. Not even the strongest of ancient warriors could effectively wield a sword that big or weighty. Not a Knight, nor Spartan, nor Gladiator.

The sword will also weigh him down further due to it's weight. 15 pounds isn't an insubstantial amount to add on.

Also, Bowser being 10 tall is plausible due to being part Saurian (Not the PRIMAL RAGE character).

and whoever said Ganondorf's Armor would slow him down is wrong.
modern battle armor weighs about 3 times as much as plated armor and only slows down a military soldier a little.
Plated armor weighs practically nothing and it contributes a lot.
Incorrected, plated armor was heavy.

Plate Armour Article

Read that carefully.

20kg is 45 pounds of armor, that is heavy. The only reason modern gear is heavier is because it needs to defend lives against much more dangerous weaponry than a mere sword. It will weigh him down because of it, and it will slow him down. Have you ever worn armor before? No? Then don't underestimate the weight of plated armor Without the leg guards and armor covering the upper arms, that probably only a difference of 5kg worth of weight. 15, which is 33.1 pounds

The sword and armor are likely adding around 48lbs of weight to Ganondorf's already heavy frame now.

Those plans were balls, maybe in Mario's world, but canon =/= RL. Humans have much more extensive knowledge/plans.
Its pointless to compare a game villain's plans to that of RL plans laid out by humans. The reason being there is no comparison. In Galaxy, Bowser found Rosalina's observatory and spied the Galaxy Stars that powered it. It would logically take a large amount of energy to power such a large complex. Bowser saw this and saw the opportunity, and took it.

That alone shows intelligence, because he found a way to use the Stars for his own ends in a way they weren't originally intended to be used, such as destroying the universe and recreating it in his image. It takes a good brain to orchestrate such a plan and enact it.

He is therefore a least on par with the average human mind, he just speaks a different language.

We have established that canon = RL on that grounds it is plausible. It is unlikely, or implausible, we throw it out.

We give flexibility to Bowser because he has no true RL comparison, only mixes and matches. In which case is he is a mixture of a Dinosaur, a Turtle, and the mythical Dragon. So he is at most classified as a Dinosaur/ Turtle Hybrid species.

Bowser's species IF it existed, can come to this current state that we know him as. The fact the shell is a natural part of his body means his species evolved with it, which means their bodies are well adapted to support the shell on their backs due to the sheer size of the main body.

A example of a sci. name for his species could be "Koopaurians Gigantis"

Koopaurians meaning Koopa obviously, and Gigantis being Bowser's huge size.
------

EDIT: On a different note. Ever been punched in the chest Sam? Thats one of the ways you can stun a person, they reel from the impact and get disoriented, even a person wearing tempered steel armor wouldn't shrug off the large amount of force Bowser's fist would be able to deliver. Also, the armor is right against his chest with no visible padding underneath other than his clothes. The impact WILL send him reeling.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
WOW
I mean
WOW
Since when was ganon BIGGER then Bowser? Only Ray said Bowser is 7 ft. Joe has always said that Bowser is 10ft, tyvm. And in TP, it appears to me that link goes up to a little below ganons neck. So Ganon isn't 9ft. I remember JOE saying ganon was 7ft, as well.
Everything Joe says isn't right. Bowser's average height is 7 feet, and that's what we should use.

Link does not reach Ganondorf's neck.

In SSBM though, for whatever reason, ‘Dorf is slightly smaller than before. In the original game, Link barely cleared Ganondorf’s chest, but now they’re practically the same height. Then again, he’s kind of squatting, so if he were to stand tall he’d be taller.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
an adult male brain is over 1m^3
ur logic is flawed

@justaway
battleswords/broadswords weigh like 5 lbs.
even if bowser is 10 ft then he has only a few inches of height advantage.
Ray says 7
JOE says 8-10 or something like that.
Really?
From wikipedia:

One cubic centimetre corresponds to a volume of 1⁄1,000,000 of a cubic metre

The balance of findings, which have been largely on participants of European ancestry, indicate an average adult brain volume of 1130 cubic centimetres (cc) for women and 1260 cc for men.

If a brain was 1m^3, then it would be 1000000 cc. Also, this is a m^3

This is cm^3

justaway12

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx0Yfg6EasQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yh1g9B_eBY (skip to 2:59 and watch him get up)
I tried finding others, but the rest were in his pig form, or toon link =/

@Ray: Show me proof he is 7ft =/
And we don't use size in SSBB unless we don't have other things to go off =/

And since you're using that, Ray

Bowsers size is sooo much more inconsistent =/

and JOE! would you mind changing the ICs vs. Peach battle, to have it say Peach wins?

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Everything Joe says isn't right. Bowser's average height is 7 feet, and that's what we should use.

picture

Link does not reach Ganondorf's neck.

picture

In SSBM though, for whatever reason, ‘Dorf is slightly smaller than before. In the original game, Link barely cleared Ganondorf’s chest, but now they’re practically the same height. Then again, he’s kind of squatting, so if he were to stand tall he’d be taller.
Since when is Bowsers average height 7 ft? I want proof.

1st picture: that's OoT Link and ganon, I believe. US is using TP Ganon and Link.

I wasn't even taking SSBM into consideration, smash heights are skewed.

@Ray:
If you're using AVERAGES, SMSS completely blows ganon out of the water, with mario being about the size of bowsers eye.

JOE!

Smash Hero
RAY:

if link is 5'7" as stated eariler...then that Pic actually shows ganon bieng about 7ft tall

as for bowser, my say on him from the begining is that he is 10ft tall. Sam, you actually were there for the debate on how tall he shold be and aggreed upon iot then.

HE IS 10 FT

as for armor, im sure the shock of being hit with something as big as a koopa claw will carry over thru the armor. Bullet proof vests stop bullets, but still hurt like hell when you get shot

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
RAY:

if link is 5'7" as stated eariler...then that Pic actually shows ganon bieng about 7ft tall

as for bowser, my say on him from the begining is that he is 10ft tall. Sam, you actually were there for the debate on how tall he shold be and aggreed upon iot then.

HE IS 10 FT

as for armor, im sure the shock of being hit with something as big as a koopa claw will carry over thru the armor. Bullet proof vests stop bullets, but still hurt like hell when you get shot
Thank you JOE.
Link goes up to about the middle of the sun on the white thing on Ganon's chest, assuming that the distance from that to his neck is about a foot and his head from there is a foot, ganon is 7'7" at best. Which is 2'5" smaller then Bowser.

xD US got gimped

Bowser pawnch FTW
lol
IRL, bowsers pawnch probably resembles falcons more w/o the fire XD

EDIT: Sam, I'm waiting for your reply on the brain size thing.

EDIT 2 @ Just: I believe Paya is still continuing his argument XD

Top Bottom