• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Guys I'm sorry for the stretch XD
It wasn't that big on google.
And my mom called me to go check something right after I posted it. D:
I failed.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Changing Bowser's size is completely different in this case.

No matter how big you make him, he's still relatively the same age.

The alteration of the Climbers size is a big change that can make them either:

a) children

b) adults

The IC's were portrayed as children in Smash.
In Ice Climbers, the IC's were small, not quite as tall as Polar bears, smaller vegetables, as big as a condor and almost the same size as a bird.

What's the end result based souly on the IC's game?
We can make the climbers into kids or adults.

The sizing is so loosely considered back in the NES days that it didn't play much any role.
But when they had to size them into Smash, they put em' as kids.

So what do we have?

Their game where nothing was sized in a logical manner thusly allowing their size unknown

Smash where they are shown as children

Say what you want, but if we've been giving certain aspects found in Brawl to characters in these MU's, then the IC's should be considered children as their age is set in stone.

Bowser's height differs, but it's still the same Bowser.
Making the IC's into adults makes the ones in Brawl completely different characters and thusly not even the same.

We're taking the characters from Smash where the IC's are depicted as children.
That's pretty much it.

Even if they were "supposed" to be adults in their game, they're kids in Smash.
So we gotta go with kids.[/COLOR]

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArtisticAge

Read it.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
So, basically both Bowser and Ganon need to get one hit for the kill? Wouldn't the faster character have this, if that was the case?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Anyway, Bowser's shell is not like turtle's shell.

Bowser is not covered completely by his shell. This is both good and bad. He lacks protection but at the same time he doesn't lose that much speed.

Both kill in one hit, and both have equal chances of hitting IMO.

Neutral here, just throwing out facts.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789

Even if they were "supposed" to be adults in their game, they're kids in Smash.
So we gotta go with kids.
Or we gotta go with kids because you want peach to win.
Just like I say we still go with adults because I want ICs to win.
Irrelevant.

JOE!

Smash Hero
however, Bowser has 1 (painful) but potentially tide turning trump-card:

fire

I really dont wanna sound Bias here, but i think bowser just has the tools to pull ahead over 1000 fights

Sure, they both kill in 1 hit, however:

Bowser has a method of slight ranged combat, and distraction (fire burst)

Bowser has better armor if he is on all fours, his horns and shell 9along with arm bracers) should make it more difficult to land a descisive blow as opposed to just a swipe at Ganon's legs or such...

Ganon has to essentially get inside bowser to hit his chest/belly/neck for a descisive kill here.

He does have speed tho, making it somewhat easier...

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Or that they you played as one IC in the game =/
If they are adults, why not just one of them?
One adult or two, it doesn't really matter.
A 7ft adult, heck, a 5ft adult, will wipe the floor with peach and her primitive bombs.
And muscle degeneration doesn't apply either.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

fire
His fire could lead to his own defeat. When the pain strikes, that willl give Ganon the perfect moment to deliver a blow to Bowser's head.

UncleSam

Smash Master

fire
paya stop posting, ur only 97 away from tying.
I have nothing to say on current MU just waitin for M2 vs. Falco.
look this isn't going to end until we get some definite weight and height measurements.
Bowser's fire isn't going to melt TP ganon's armor.
close range is all he has. Since RL Plated Armor =/= weighed down Ganon isn't going to be slow at all, Bowser's main forms of attack are claws and teeth.
ganondorf can get in headshots with effective stabs pretty fast RL <---big word here.

Bowser, IDK about opposable thumbs so grabbing would be an issue.
all he has left is swiping.
ganondorf has a sword and armor, bowser has flesh and claw.

okay maybe I did have something to say but that isn't the point, I want this thing done.
Massive Pictures are massive.
anyway ganondorf:

the legs are probably leather with an inner layer of chainmail. same goes for the other limbs.
his armor is like:
undershirt,
Chainmail/dragonmail,
lacquer leather,
Plating

vs.

scutes and scales
all made of keratin.
su re. w/e

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789

It's acid.
No, its fire.
It was Zard vs. DK where it was proved it was possible. Using gas bladders and hydrogen and something. JOE allows it to happen because Bowser is Koopa; No one knows what the limitations of koopas are.

justaway12

Smash Master
I was trying to make a point =/
We used the ICs as a team because that's how they were depicted in smash,yet we use them as kids as well because that's how they were depicted in smash? Unless you have evidence they are adults.
Remeber, Nintendo made Young Link do all that stuff at a young age, yet I don't think he can do that in RL.

By that logic, why not have them the size of the fruit they were collecting =/

JOE!

Smash Hero
Sam, what i mean is it's a disctraction weapon.

Ganon will be : "omg fiah!" and his exposed skin would most likely give bowser a moment to attack

its not going to kill him outright by any means

@fire in general.

It is allowed because it could be biologically possible for an unknown species (a bowser) to have a natural way of producing flame.

All they need is a method of storing, expelling, then igniting a flammable gas/liquid, liek a flmaethrower.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
We used the ICs as a team because that's how they were depicted in smash ,why can't we use them as kids as well, unless you have evidence they are adults.
Remeber, Nintendo made Young Link do all that stuff at a young age, yet I don't think he can do that in smash.

By that logic, why not have them the size of the fruit they were collecting?
By the logic used in your first post, alot of these MUs would be different.
And about the fruit thing:

Eggplant
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is a delicate perennial often cultivated as an annual. It grows 40 to 150 cm (16 to 57 in) tall, with large coarsely lobed leaves that are 10 to 20 cm (4-8 in) long and 5 to 10 cm (2-4 in) broad. (Semi-)wild types can grow much larger, to 225 cm (7 ft) with large leaves over 30 cm (12 in) long and 15 cm (6 in) broad. The stem is often spiny. The flowers are white to purple, with a five-lobed corolla and yellow stamens. The fruit is fleshy, less than 3 cm in diameter on wild plants, but much larger in cultivated forms.

Also, how do fruits and vegetables grow on mountains? that fruit point is invaild.

REL38

Smash Lord
@Payas

Not buying it.

They fit none of the criteria that's even mentioned on the page.

The IC's could very well be kids in their game and transitioned as such into Brawl.

Your example is more a "maybe" situation that could work if the climbers were indeed "adults".

But as I said, nothing was logically scaled in the NES era. Saying they're adults when they were almost as tall as Polar Bears, but at the same time the size of a bird isn't enough evidence to make them adults.

Give me a better example cuz as far as I'm concerned, they were kids in the NES game and they're kids in Brawl.

No dice.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Sam, what i mean is it's a disctraction weapon.

Ganon will be : "omg fiah!" and his exposed skin would most likely give bowser a moment to attack

its not going to kill him outright by any means
his distraction = pain for bowser since him using fire would be damaging to him.
and if Ganon goes OMG fiah he'd want to GTFO.
Bowser is just hurting himself

payasofobia

Smash Champion
We used the ICs as a team because that's how they were depicted in smash,yet we use them as kids as well because that's how they were depicted in smash? Unless you have evidence they are adults.
Remeber, Nintendo made Young Link do all that stuff at a young age, yet I don't think he can do that in RL.

By that logic, why not have them the size of the fruit they were collecting =/
That's the thing. Neither of us have evidence.

They could very well be adults as shown in their games, or they could be little kids, as shown in smash.

But then we have this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArtisticAge

People makes them look older/younger for artistic reasons.

Example:

This is Ichigo. He is still 15 years old.

This is Yoko. She is 14 years old.

And, canonicaly, both climbers appeared in their games. Popo first player, Nana second player. They could fight together. Simultaneously.

justaway12

Smash Master
By the logic used in your first post, alot of these MUs would be different.
And about the fruit thing:

Eggplant
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is a delicate perennial often cultivated as an annual. It grows 40 to 150 cm (16 to 57 in) tall, with large coarsely lobed leaves that are 10 to 20 cm (4-8 in) long and 5 to 10 cm (2-4 in) broad. (Semi-)wild types can grow much larger, to 225 cm (7 ft) with large leaves over 30 cm (12 in) long and 15 cm (6 in) broad. The stem is often spiny. The flowers are white to purple, with a five-lobed corolla and yellow stamens. The fruit is fleshy, less than 3 cm in diameter on wild plants, but much larger in cultivated forms.

Also, how do fruits and vegetables grow on mountains? that fruit point is invaild.
IIRC they didn't only collect eggplants, they collected carrots and all sorts of different fruit as well, oh and common enemy, was smaller than all of them.

You really don't understand what I mean, the ICs age arer unknown, you can't say they would big because they stood next to a polar bear, yet not small when they stand next to, you know, a seal, a fruit, anything else.

@Payas:That was a two-player game, you could play as Peach AND Mario in certian games, does that make them partners?
Then why are you calling the ICs older then? You can't base them off being older by games, sometimes the only thing you have is visuals, besides I don't think the ICs fit that criteria anyway =/

payasofobia

Smash Champion
That's what I said. We can't tell.

But I can tell you that canon holds much more than Smash, considering smash changes a lot of established facts about the characters they have.

JOE!

Smash Hero
his distraction = pain for bowser since him using fire would be damaging to him.
and if Ganon goes OMG fiah he'd want to GTFO.
Bowser is just hurting himself
yeah, ganon would get out, bu if pushed to the point of where he'd need to use that painful fire, he'd probably be **** ready to take advantage

also, would ganon see it coming? theres no dramatic "take a breath" build up, its just an exhale taht then ignites...his eyes would be ****ed at least....

JOE!

Smash Hero
yeah, i think (omg desicion) The IC's were allways made out to be young/kids....

or at least "chibi"

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, smash is made by nintendo.

And even though they do change alot of stuff with characters....they almost allways keep their "essence"

Except for ganon and Falcon, who each have no abilities from their games represented, and that falcon is a pure smash-bros creation :p

so....if smash portrays them as kids....nintendo does...therefor..... <.<

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
well, smash is made by nintendo.

And even though they do change alot of stuff with characters....they almost allways keep their "essence"

Except for ganon and Falcon, who each have no abilities from their games represented, and that falcon is a pure smash-bros creation :p

so....if smash portrays them as kids....nintendo does...therefor..... <.<
Therefore...
The ICs just fell of the mountain.
:ouch:

Top Bottom