• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunting

Ol-Jeb

Smash Apprentice
An ol' shack out in Antarctica, the last frontier.
I use Dedede's side taunt or his up taunt if I get a kill with his F-smash, cause competitively you kinda have to run into it or just make a bad lapse in timing. Otherwise if I get a kill I tend to just hold down. Dedede chills while he waits for the opponent to come back. I don't mean it in a mean way it's just how I've always done it >_> lol

JCav

Smash Lord
it was an old melee tactic of mine, after a kill i would do the most technical thing i could do for a brief period of time to taunt my opponent.

sometimes, i died. they would laugh

BlackLightning90

Smash Journeyman
Taunts are not used for killing...

Taunting is used to annoy, entertain, and satisfy your finishing combo or K.O.

Now for the fun part:
"You're too slow!"
"Come on, step it up!"
"You'll get no sympathy from me..."
"Prepare yourself..."
"Hi!!!"
"Fight me!"
"What the matter, scared?"
"LALALALALALA!!"
"Show your moves!"
"Come on!"
"Okay..."
"PIKA, PIKA!"
"Here I come!"
"Piece of cake!"
"Hands off my prey!"

Lord Vaynard

Smash Cadet
In serious matches I always let out a Falcon D-Taunt... and up-taunt when im really serious...

"Falcon's In Flames...I bet he's serious"

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I like some taunts, Sonic and Wolf have some amazing lines in there. I often taunt when the opponent gets owned by me or when something hilarious just happened, (e.g., they SD'd). Or just for a fun line now and then. It also depends how long the taunt takes. Sometimes it gets people really mad so they lose control and can get owned easier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir9qJNzueN4

•Col•

Smash Champion
The only time I ever really taunt is if I break someone's sheild with Marth's Shieldbreaker. Or if they were taunting me a lot or something, lol.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I like to taunt a crewmate of me when he SDs.
He's reaction is like this: "Why are you taunting????? you didn't do anything!!"
Thats fun :D
but I taunt, whenever possible, Yosh Yosh ^-^
Even in closecombat I sometimes jump back and taunt xD well only in friendlies.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I pull out the sword if someone gets truly *****...

But normally I stick with the good ol' crouch taunt. That metal sound is Ganon's balls of steel clanking together. Besides, it's much more humiliating to be G-Bagged.

PocketCat

Smash Rookie
You can uses fox's (I belive it is his up taunt) to trick your opponent into thinking yo are going to use a fox fire.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You can uses fox's (I belive it is his up taunt) to trick your opponent into thinking yo are going to use a fox fire.
THANK YOU! xD
Oh so very true!
I do it all the time!
You can also use Marth's taunt to make a opponent believe he is Up-Smashing or FSing(If he has a FS)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I feel sorry for the taunt buttons since they're never used, give em a press every now and then.

Jem.

Smash Master
The only time I'll taunt is when I know they're dying. If I do something sick and theyre falling to their death, I just do Metaknights *FIGHT ME* taunt. I know they think about it. Or if its a big stage and its a 1v1 and theres mass camping going on and I have a lead, ill do Metaknights fight me taunt. Again, I know they think about it :). I stopped doing it pretty much though.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I've uptaunted+sidetaunted+downtaunted someone with Luigi on RC in a tourney match.

It's now called the TREKOMBO down here =V

t3akup

Smash Apprentice
Since reading ALL 137 posts is ALOT of work, I'm just gonna
assume no one has said this and say that Luigi's down taunt
is EXTREMELY useful. When someone is edge hogging, you can
simple walk over and d-air them. it's hell-a funny to watch and
a rib-tickler to do to noobs that think they're so cool because
they know how to gimp people.

Like I said, I'm ASSUMING no one's already said this... so yeah XD

MattC13

Smash Cadet
I really enjoy camping and taunting in online play. Especially when you face people who are serious.

Other than that, I only taunt after a KO.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I only taunt if my opponent has killed me in a cool way and then I just use up the invincible frames with my taunts

t3akup

Smash Apprentice
I only taunt if my opponent has killed me in a cool way and then I just use up the invincible frames with my taunts
Lol I do that from time to time but they get pretty weirded out considering most people
taunt when they win. (neither of which makes much sense lol)

theunabletable

Smash Lord
If I'm about to time someone out and I have a good lead, for the last 5 seconds of the match I'll spam MKs side taunt and yell "FIGHT ME" :p

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Taunting is incredible! My friends get so mad when i taunt xD
Its better not to get mad at taunting, but its better not to taunt at all unless its a Star KO....
Taunting wastes precious time needed to find a better spot on the stage, but it is effective in telling your opponent,
"Hey dude, STEP IT UP!" And a Captain Falcon "Show me ya moves!" Never gets old to spam xD

Snake's box taunt is cool. Use it when the battle is over.

I use C. Falcon's D-taunt to lure the enemy at wi-fi

Top Bottom