• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
spectator fee is a 1 time fee of $20 and you can play friendlies

pay for any event and you get in all day everyday without fees

are u travelling in the area from brazil for a little while or did you move to the area?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
what about other people plank? are they just going to get mostly pools matches and early round brackets? id hate to see some1 lose get their chance to record and upload because of a business.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
what about other people plank? are they just going to get mostly pools matches and early round brackets? id hate to see some1 lose get their chance to record and upload because of a business.
their main duty is to do livestream and keep that hyped up and such and keep good matches on it.... im never going to turn people down who want to help record matches...

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
west coast doesn't *** with vgbootcamp. seriously (i know for a fact norcal melee doesn't, and if norcal melee TO does **** with vg bootcamp i'll have a talk with them and will change FAST). i bet money that they have a business mentality of smash and use it as a gateway into other communities. if a more profitably, more well known, more established community like street fighter ever asked for vgbootcamp, they're leaving this community asap. their channel would look like getyourtournament's or gimpyfish's within a heartbeat.

though you force yourself on the community in post (from what i see), you truly are a good channel, much props to you there. i'd say you're probably the best uploader. the only difference is your channel isn't linked to wombo combo like thewaffle77, so people who don't even know smash sub to brandon allll the time. he jumps hundreds of subscribers per month.

i've heard rumors of apex and how vgbootcamp ran recoridng set ups, how they wanted priority on the melee tv at pound4, and according to the experiences of people i've spoke with and the rumors i've heard they're ********, even though they do get **** done.

so **** vg. if you set up your recording equipment on a primary tv don't move unless plank or a TO asks you to. if vg asks you to, hold up that middle finger high son.

i'm not gonna lie mccain, this is going to be harder for you, but i hope you own the **** out of the non believers.

I am the co-founder of VGBootCamp. Do you see my join date? Yes that's 2006. I am a smash player. I'd appreciate it if you didn't bring up rumors, say that they are rumors, and then out of no where talk as if the rumors are fact.

Here's a fact, we're running the livestream at pound 5 and we aren't getting paid to do it. So, the only thing we're getting out of it is to put the videos on our youtube channel. Is that really too much to ask.

Here's another fact, 2 weeks ago we drove up to ohio and ran a stream for a Brawl tournament called Schools in session 4. We did it for free and lost money because we did it for free. Last week we drove up to Jersey and ran a Brawl stream for free for a tournament called Ktar 4.

I don't know where all these rumors are coming from. We are a small company and everything we've done so far has helped the community. We may have trouble some times getting the videos on youtube INSTANTLY but we do our best so please have patience. We have full time jobs and have a very small "staff"
VGBootCamp asked me to transfer all my hours of recorded footage to their hard drives at the end of Pound 4 last year. They did the same thing at APEX, except this time they threatened at the beginning to not let me upload at all if I didn't comply. I understand the importance of controlling the flow of media at these nationals, but I don't appreciate the attitude VGBootCamp takes towards people like me who reliably recorded such a huge amount of footage and uploaded them all, weeks before VGBC even started to edit their copies of matches.

A lot of the duplicate YouTube copies from past nationals killed the hype, especially for sets like M2K/Armada from APEX. That's why we pretty much decided not to link to any of VGBootCamp's copies in the official Pound 4 videos thread unless we had to, and that's why they should never forcefully take away footage from people who record in the future. Melee nationals deserve media personnel hired from the heart of the tourney scene to handle recording/uploading, not a group like VGBootCamp that, with all due respect, does not possess half the knowledge of the Smash community that the rest of us do.

We did copy all of the footage at Pound 4 and decided that was a bad idea. It was our first tournament doing anything like this so we made a couple mistakes. I'd also like to add that at pound 4 we pointed players, who were about to play an important match, to recording setups. If we hadn't done that a lot of important matches from that tournament would not have been recorded by anyone.

At Apex we didn't copy any footage from other people's set ups and if we did, we didn't upload any of it so I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to that.

I started playing melee competitively in 2005, then I got into brawl when it came out. I know a lot about the smash scene so please don't say I don't posses a lot of knowledge about the smash community when I do. I love the smash community and I attend tournaments to compete regularly. The only reason I don't play melee competitively is because it's too hard to play a 2 games competitively, have a full time job, and run/grow a company.

@Zant: you asked, "can I record matches on the main set up" and I said, "that's fine, but we need to put the matches on our youtube and we could even tell people to subscribe to your youtube at the very beginning of each video" and then you respond, "It shouldn't matter who's youtube it's on, plus I'm better at Youtube then you"

I haven't responded yet, that doesn't mean I'm not going to respond.

I hope this clears some things up

PS: Just to make this clear, if you are recording matches at pound 5 we do not want a copy of the matches you record.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
wow, great, you lose money for assisting tournament's and you've been in the community since 2005. what was i thinking, that is more than sufficient justification to completely exempt you from being *******s to people and dictating where matches are played.
^for clarity, that's sarcasm son.

the only information i found noteworthy is that you've been with the community for some time, and with that being said that gives you more of a reason to stay? not necessarily, not that's not worth my focus so i'll move on.

to clear something up, these "rumors" are individual's experiences, people i've spoken with who have interacted with people in your camp. so they're not rumors, they're instances that have happened that have been verified by others. sorry for using the wrong word (seriously my bad, i'm not trying to be a ****).

there is more to reply to but i don't see it being necessary. if you come genesis, i'll be glad to talk to you guys about it there.

@zant: if what vg dude says is true, then you're exactly how i assumed you approached certain people. forcing yourself on the community doesn't help man. vg's dictating recording set ups, just like you WANT to..the major difference is he has the support of the TOs. so he's in the green, unfortunately you don't have that luxury. make a deal with vg. they don't seem like bad people, but they do seem business orientated so they may not give you an answer you'd like.

edit: @vg guy: BUT big props for aiding the community, seriously, but that doesn't mean i agree with how you do it. props nonetheless man.

kbinferno

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised to see that security shifts have not been eaten up, even after six months of this being posted. Plank, please read my PM (which deals directly with security for this event).

chillindude829

Smash Master
for some strange reason im kinda more hyped for the super bowl than pound now

good thing the super bowl is like 2 weeks before afterward ill resume full pound hype

WassupJB

Smash Lord
I do force myself on the community a lot. Sorry about my behavior, everyone
lol, i hope i'm not reading too far into this, but don't get emo on us LOL jp. you do have good intentions though, so no true harm is done.

not to be a name dropper, but i just asked hmw on the WGF stream if he was coming to p5

"nah prolly not =("
congrats on getting a **** load of good matches. i suggest you get commentary man! it's A LOT more work but pleeease. at least for quarters, semis and finals. i'll talk to brandon to see if he's cool with making a support video for your channel..your views/subs will skyrocket.

DaMaggot

Smash Rookie
spectator fee is a 1 time fee of $20 and you can play friendlies

pay for any event and you get in all day everyday without fees

are u travelling in the area from brazil for a little while or did you move to the area?
Just for a while, my parents live nearby.
Thanks for the information, I think i'll play in the tournament.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Once again...

I HAVE A ROOM RESERVED. PM ME IF YOU WANT IN.

I'd prefer to have people I know in the room, though...

:069:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I asked to do security early on and plank told me to pm him about it later. Hope one is still open.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Almost forgot a couple of details:

I HAVE A ROOM AVAILABLE FOR 3 PEOPLE FOR FRIDAY, SATURDAY, AND SUNDAY NIGHT. I NEED PEOPLE WHO WILL STAY IN THE ROOM FOR ALL 3 DAYS.

Oh, and I'd also prefer if you're a Brawl player, but I'm fine with anyone.

:069:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Any1 bored enuff cud u please send me andinbox message of all the interesting facts like if M2K is doin Melee or not & if X & Espy r goin ETC ETC

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
"No lodging matches your search criteria. Please change your search options and retry."

thats what u get when u search for a hotel room

gettin kinda nervous ova hea plank.

im kinda scrambling at the last minute here, thought i had a possible in into 2 different rooms and i just got a PM saying no go.

reposting from the hotel thread cause having a place to stay is kindof a deal breaker when it comes to tournaments.

plank, think you know whats up or could talk to the hotel ppl to see whats up?

Spife

Smash Master
reposting from the hotel thread cause having a place to stay is kindof a deal breaker when it comes to tournaments.

plank, think you know whats up or could talk to the hotel ppl to see whats up?
Having the same issue here with the "no lodgings" dealio

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Zant has always been ****ing amazing at getting good quality matches up fast as ****. That's all I know, so just tossing it out there.

Chillin, I love you, but you're mad gay. **** the Superbowl. <3

All of this other **** could/probably should get taken up in a more private or collected fashion.

Drama aside, I'm pretty stoked for this tourney. Might be the last one before I move on from Melee. Yeeeee.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
no lodging eh? ill email them while im at work today fellas.

maybe this will give me an excuse to EXTEND IT AGAIN!!!

lol

ill try and post from work if possible...

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
The way I see it, the more recording setups available, the better it is for everyone who wants a piece of the action. I don't know the details of these recording discrepancies, but whatever's been going down y'all need to put your differences aside and work together for the benefit of the community. This type of nonsense fosters unnecessary bad blood and is inconsiderate to difficult endeavors like Pound.

There are also people like myself who plan on having BIG MMs and we'd like to have them recorded/streamed. The last thing we want is to have problems because different groups decided they can't play nice with each other.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@Zant

"I'm better at youtube than you."...LMAO WHO SAYS THAT?

youtube isn't a competition *****...either way if you don't get main set-up (which you probably won't

just make your set-up hype....get hella money matches on it and hella good matches...like the good matches that aren't on stream...you may not get the BEST matches but that doesn't mean you are gonna be stuck with recording random 1 vs random 2

but real talk I don't see you getting much more than your wii on the main set up...VG let me put my wii on main set-up at SiiS4 because I my custom music playing.,..we saved all the replays to SD and at the end of the tourney transfered it to their computer.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
For Brawl

VG's wii will have main setup, because I don't want SD loaded hacks other than infinite replay.

IMPORTANT RULE I WANT TO STRESS

No texture, music, or stage hacks. Period. End of story. If you have them, remove them for Pound. Infinite Replay is the only permitted adjustment to the game. If you don't want to mess up your SD card, we will have an SD card or two with the proper codeset on hand to load it. Otherwise, please just load your wii through the regular brawl channel if you can't comply.

If you like custom music and are like "why can't I have this", then bring an mp3 player and some headphones for yourself.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Zant pm'd me so It's pretty much been resolved.

I have to clear one thing up though. VG is not in charge of recording at this event. We're doing the 2 live streams and we're recording the matches on the live stream setups. That's it. Anyone else is free to record matches from any other setup. Even if we didn't want you recording matches it wouldn't matter because this is plank's tournament and he wouldn't allow us to do that.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I...don't really see a problem with custom music if its not abrasive (or on the main set-up)

can you explain why you won't have it?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Zant pm'd me so It's pretty much been resolved.

I have to clear one thing up though. VG is not in charge of recording at this event. We're doing the 2 live streams and we're recording the matches on the live stream setups. That's it. Anyone else is free to record matches from any other setup. Even if we didn't want you recording matches it wouldn't matter because this is plank's tournament and he wouldn't allow us to do that.
this!!! my tournament is for the people!!! If you want to record for whatever reason, feel free. I mean I do think the videos should be more condensed, but a well-organized smashboards thread is good for that too, like the p4 thread.

i just emailed the venue about the hotel issue you guys had, ill get back to you asap!

strawhats

Smash Master
Reserving a hotel room today...where u at Zebra?

btw...PP will win Pound V. I'm calling it now.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I...don't really see a problem with custom music if its not abrasive (or on the main set-up)

can you explain why you won't have it?

This, I also take a lot of care into choosing stage textures and character overlays that are completely non invasive and non detrimental. I also make sure that they are clearly defined colors for teams as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom