• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacD

Banned via Administration
LMAO MacD are you serious???

Are you serious???????????????/

WOWWWWWWW

I hope you're trolling

Colbol would DESTROY YOU.
hahahahhahah you don't even know about our sets on pokefloats,

colbol can't handle it

No sir, thank you for the four footlongs that will feed me for the weekend.
hahahahah <33333 doom

and if i win you'll get your cut ;)

WassupJB

Smash Lord
Melee: VGBC, I think?
Brawl: me, but VGBC Told me the videos have to end up on their channel. I asked them why but got no response
west coast doesn't *** with vgbootcamp. seriously (i know for a fact norcal melee doesn't, and if norcal melee TO does **** with vg bootcamp i'll have a talk with them and will change FAST). i bet money that they have a business mentality of smash and use it as a gateway into other communities. if a more profitably, more well known, more established community like street fighter ever asked for vgbootcamp, they're leaving this community asap. their channel would look like getyourtournament's or gimpyfish's within a heartbeat.

though you force yourself on the community in post (from what i see), you truly are a good channel, much props to you there. i'd say you're probably the best uploader. the only difference is your channel isn't linked to wombo combo like thewaffle77, so people who don't even know smash sub to brandon allll the time. he jumps hundreds of subscribers per month.

i've heard rumors of apex and how vgbootcamp ran recoridng set ups, how they wanted priority on the melee tv at pound4, and according to the experiences of people i've spoke with and the rumors i've heard they're ********, even though they do get **** done.

so **** vg. if you set up your recording equipment on a primary tv don't move unless plank or a TO asks you to. if vg asks you to, hold up that middle finger high son.

hahahahhahah you don't even know about our sets on pokefloats,

colbol can't handle it
i'm not gonna lie mccain, this is going to be harder for you, but i hope you own the **** out of the non believers.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
WESTCOAST!!!!

**** VGB *****!! But I hear they are providing a decent number of Tele's for us to enjoy so if they ask for uploading privileges its probably fair to allow them the hype matches...as long as they arent *******s about it.

WassupJB said:
Hahaa, thx

I'm just a desperate guy, for attention on the internet. I go far out of my way for stuff and sometimes I do force myself onto the community. I'm just dramatic and desperate to get the number 1 setups at P5 and G2. I really enjoy what I do. People in both worlds (internet and real life) thank and praise me for what I do. It makes me feel good. I love doing something for the community, I love the tournament environment

But maybe I'm over doing the drama now

Also, @ KAOSTAR

I guess giving them the hyped matches would be some kind of fair trade, but for me, personally, Getting all the games on the main setup is not only about getting credit for my work, but the glory of it too. I like reading people's comments on my videos ^.^

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
My fault, what I mean by giving them hype matches, was let them record them if they would like to.

If you record that ****, its your motha***kin video. If you dont want them to have it then dont give it up, **** greezers Ya Dig!!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
VGBootCamp asked me to transfer all my hours of recorded footage to their hard drives at the end of Pound 4 last year. They did the same thing at APEX, except this time they threatened at the beginning to not let me upload at all if I didn't comply. I understand the importance of controlling the flow of media at these nationals, but I don't appreciate the attitude VGBootCamp takes towards people like me who reliably recorded such a huge amount of footage and uploaded them all, weeks before VGBC even started to edit their copies of matches.

A lot of the duplicate YouTube copies from past nationals killed the hype, especially for sets like M2K/Armada from APEX. That's why we pretty much decided not to link to any of VGBootCamp's copies in the official Pound 4 videos thread unless we had to, and that's why they should never forcefully take away footage from people who record in the future. Melee nationals deserve media personnel hired from the heart of the tourney scene to handle recording/uploading, not a group like VGBootCamp that, with all due respect, does not possess half the knowledge of the Smash community that the rest of us do.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
VGBootCamp asked me to transfer all my hours of recorded footage to their hard drives at the end of Pound 4 last year. They did the same thing at APEX, except this time they threatened at the beginning to not let me upload at all if I didn't comply.
Can they do that? Like, I dont understand how they would have any rights to make statements like that. Or is it some sort of agreement they had with the TO and they were just a$$hole$ about it.

@Rhan-Same here lol, *****s cant touch my **** wit out gettin dat *** beat haha.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Reason #461 why Pound is awesome: Livestream.

Apex didn't work outside of US (for most people).
ROM3 was running off a phone and then nothing.
DGDTJ had issues with people that rip the stream.
And now Winter Game Fest 6 doesn't look too good... =(

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
im guessing you didnt transfer ur **** @ p4 juggleguy? i know you left in the middle of day 3.

plank, maybe you can fill us in on the recording situation at pound? also i sent u a PM about darkrain, so check that **** too.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I did, but since I was in charge of the video thread I didn't include links to any of their channel's vids unless they were the only ones out on YouTube (ex: the Falcon tourney). If you search really hard on YouTube, you can still find VGBootCamp's copies of matches like Tope/Darkrain and SilentSpectre/Hungrybox, they just have no views lol.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
good *** juggleguy.

******* vgbootcamp. i can't wait till genesis. if they come, they're getting dogged hard as hell.

edit:
I like reading people's comments on my videos ^.^
at first you'll like it, i know i did, but it'll die down quick. people on youtube are arguably ********. people who should be walking around with that blue wheel thing as a necklace.

All I know is.

I'm bringing my recording shyyt. And only I will touch it.
gangsta

plank, maybe you can fill us in on the recording situation at pound? also i sent u a PM about darkrain, so check that **** too.
this man should be given a primary melee set up.

I did, but since I was in charge of the video thread I didn't include links to any of their channel's vids unless they were the only ones out on YouTube (ex: the Falcon tourney). If you search really hard on YouTube, you can still find VGBootCamp's copies of matches like Tope/Darkrain and SilentSpectre/Hungrybox, they just have no views lol.
glad to hear it. you've done your community well. hahahaha

.at first you'll like it, i know i did, but it'll die down quick. people on youtube are arguably ********. people who should be walking around with that blue wheel thing as a necklace.
True, Now that I've seen so many comments, the magic has died down

Good thing there's always a block user button. I've blocked about 30 SRK trolls from my channel as well as a handful of Melee elietists. Yeah I know it's encapsulating myself in a happy bubble, but it's better than getting annoyed by them a lot

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
this man should be given a primary melee set up.

<3<3<3

btw i still read EVERY youtube comment, if I havent check for a few days, ill be sure to open the videos that got comments to see if theres been more than one new comment.

i think the only person i've blocked are vyseowns and some brawl player.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the list isnt too updated.. like almost a week old :p

ive been very busy with work, GET YOUR HOTEL ROOMS PEOPLE

thats the priority now, we still have almost a month before the tourney for registratons :p

reg. ends on the 1st, it may re-open after but you will be penalized a bit!

roneblaster i saw ur pm thats tight!!!! ill text darkrain today and see if that helps sway his mind.

pools will go up when reg ends officially, probably a day after that or so!

as far as recording goes right now im thinking

melee=reneblade, waffle assuming hes going
brawl=vgbootcamp, epsilon.

i dont believe the vids have to go on vgbc channel. we want the vids to be in less places this time as a whole, if possible, but part of the reason we had so many last year is cuz we had so many great recorders!!!

vgbc will get a large # of good matches simply cuz they are providing a projector and therefore since people want the matches projected they will be able to record those. that will be the brawl projector. melee projector will be probably hooked up to waffles setup, and reneblade will be getting as many armada matches as possible.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
how come next to my name ( silent swag ) it doesnt say any thing, i registered for singles
mistake, ill fix it.

HOTEL REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS TOMORROW!!! TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY!!!!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12036861#post12036861
^^^^

hotel roomate finder if you cant find anybody!!! also it probably isnt a bad idea to buy your own (1 person room) and try to sell the spots for money come tourney, cuz a lot of people probably think they can cram more than 4 into a room and will have nowhere to stay when they realize they can't

dont forget, also, that these rooms can be cancelled with more than 24 hours notice.... also dont forget the charge does not apply to the card until CHECKOUT -or- you can pay with cash!!!!

dont forget that the venue and hotel are .3 miles from the airport with a free shuttle.....!!!!!

^^^me on top of venue looking@airport

never has it been so convenient/cheap for anyone flying in, with no transportation fees, the incoming/departure flights being listed and ability to print ur boarding passes AT the hotel, a free shuttle, and a 10% airtran flight discount!!!

if you dont stay at the venue you will be missing out, 24 hour fun, friendlies, and side events for all. its gonna be a party.

i wanna do a side-random tourney. each set is b/o3 and you random your characters. you get 1 "veto" per set that you can use at ANY time (if you get a match you think you really cant win, you can use your veto, but you only get one. only neutrals, all random!!! lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
WHAT!!!! vetos are great. they promote strategy in it and SOMEWHAT stabilize the tournament results LOL... you can either use your veto on the 1st match, or save it incase you need it!!! i did this once for a brawl tournament and it was sooo fun. but nobody wants to get mk vs ganon or some ****

AS I WAS JUST BOOKING MY HOTEL ROOM FOR 2 PEOPLE IT SAID "max # of guests, 4"

IF YOU BOOK A ROOM FOR 2 PEOPLE AND PUT 4 PEOPLE IN IT, IT IS ONLY ~25 A NIGHT PER PERSON!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!!

i dont condone this, and would only suggest it if its the ONLY way you can make it work. I have to stress, though, if you think you're going to fit MORE THAN 4 IN A ROOM you are going to have a very very cold weekend :p

DaMaggot

Smash Rookie
Do I need to pay the spectator fee everyday?
If I pay for melee singles i'll be able to go everyday, without paying any fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom