• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KageMurphy

Smash Master

This, I also take a lot of care into choosing stage textures and character overlays that are completely non invasive and non detrimental. I also make sure that they are clearly defined colors for teams as well.
Congrats? We don't care, no texture hacks of any kind are allowed, they can be distracting for people, bottom line, everyone will be using the same standard Brawl design.

Music hacks for stages are not permitted either but I don't see anything wrong with them on like the stage and character selection screens since the match isn't taking place. Up to Tant.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If you have a song on the character select screen I could care less

But in match is banned, as are texture hacks and stage hacks, bottom line end of story non negotiable.

Reasoning is to keep everything the same. I've had complaints about all of these and its not fair to have different environments to play the game because you're playing on different wiis.

MLG had this, so this really shouldn't be a big deal.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the hotel issue should be fixed. you have until the end of tonight to book your room with no fees until checkout!!! cancellation is an option beforehand up to 24 hours (3pm the day before checkin) with NO CHARGE!!!

also dont forget that the venue inside the hotel is open 24 hours!!!

kbinferno

Smash Rookie
I might want in, but I'm still not sure about my travel plans.

I'm surprised to see that security shifts have not been eaten up, even after six months of this being posted. Plank, please read my PM (which deals directly with security for this event).
bumping comment

I HAVE A ROOM AVAILABLE FOR 3 PEOPLE FOR FRIDAY, SATURDAY, AND SUNDAY NIGHT. I NEED PEOPLE WHO WILL STAY IN THE ROOM FOR ALL 3 DAYS.
How much for 3ppl?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is it permissible to just stay at the venue the entire time and not actually get a room... i might be trying to seventy two hour melee

kbinferno

Smash Rookie
5hr energy does make it WORSE. It's to be used as a "day enhancer", not as a "day extender". I had to work 20hrs in a row once.. hour 16 I drank one, and it worked for like.. 3-4hrs. It worked, but afterward I was a complete tired wreck.

But 5hr energy does wonders when you're 4-8hrs into your day. Absolutely amazing supplement.

Not if you have tons of 5 hours energy.
Try using your brain as a way to stay awake. (Not a rude comment lol, but seriously) Many people who engage in mental stimulation for hours at a time feel no fatigue. I've seen ppl play chess 20+hrs into sleep deprivation with no signs of fatigue.

Continuous SSB ftw? Just..never stop the friendlies.. for fear of... *yawn* sleeping... zzzzzzzzz

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Zant pm'd me so It's pretty much been resolved.

I have to clear one thing up though. VG is not in charge of recording at this event. We're doing the 2 live streams and we're recording the matches on the live stream setups. That's it. Anyone else is free to record matches from any other setup. Even if we didn't want you recording matches it wouldn't matter because this is plank's tournament and he wouldn't allow us to do that.
I will say one thing, Your livestreams is fiilllllllthhhhyyyy! lol

As far as energy boosters and such, Ive definitely ****ed up and took wayyy to many. Things like chuggin double shots and then washing them down with a Monster or two, on top of 5 hr energy. **** will literally ache your heart. Dont do it kids! If the game itself isnt enough to keep you pumpin, then just take a quick nap.

If you plan on staying up for dayz at this then you should probably just take 20-30 minute naps every 5-6 hours lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sounds like adderall lol.

dont let nobody know you on that mess tho. it doesnt have a very good conotation around here.

I just learned to control my ADD by sheer force of will.

also, kb, I love your avatar SOOOOOO MUCH.

Pi

Smash Hero
the hotel issue should be fixed. you have until the end of tonight to book your room with no fees until checkout!!! cancellation is an option beforehand up to 24 hours (3pm the day before checkin) with NO CHARGE!!!

also dont forget that the venue inside the hotel is open 24 hours!!!
today is the last day to book the hotel room with no fees?
like, at your discounted price?

tect

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like adderall lol.

dont let nobody know you on that mess tho. it doesnt have a very good conotation around here.
I won't say what it is, but do you mean like some sort of stigma? Towards ADD medication in Smash in general? :ohwell:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hotel can now be booked until the 29th cuz of that little bit of confusion we had last night!!! XD

tope.....theres no way u would last 72 hours straight, even with help, and if you did...youd play so awfully by the end. oh and no. XD

<3

also i want mms

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I won't say what it is, but do you mean like some sort of stigma? Towards ADD medication in Smash in general? :ohwell:
If you have ADD and you take something to enhance your focus I think most ppl arent trippin on that.

Its when yousa normie and u just tryna get off, so you take addy or something in order to focus and play better at smash. Its like taking mental steroids, and ppl view it as cheating.

Rx drugs are fine as long as the prescription has your name on it lol. I wouldnt want ppl feeling bad or something for no reason you know.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
basically everything kao said.

also, since youre making me think about terrible melee characters now, I heard that people apparently dont think zelda is trash tier anymore?

Id like to money match any zeldas so as to prove that as some terribly faulty logic.

might be up for some m2 matches as well.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
people can put whatever they want into their bodies, you can't stop them..... i dont really see it as an advantage anyway..... the negatives of amphetamines outweigh the positives pretty hard for tournaments imo anyway

Just a heads up on people using 5 Hour Energy; If you have a high metabolism, you will crash like a lead zeppelin. I drank one, then almost immediately fell asleep for an hour. I also noticed a similar consequence with a few of my friends, who all have high metabolisms.

I would like some weed though.

kbinferno

Smash Rookie
Just a heads up on people using 5 Hour Energy; If you have a high metabolism, you will crash like a lead zeppelin. I drank one, then almost immediately fell asleep for an hour. I also noticed a similar consequence with a few of my friends, who all have high metabolisms.

Quoted for semi-truth (minus the weed part).

Daniel_the_Seraph

Smash Ace

I really hope you mean "almost immediately after the 3-5 hour rush"

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
basically everything kao said.

also, since youre making me think about terrible melee characters now, I heard that people apparently dont think zelda is trash tier anymore?

Id like to money match any zeldas so as to prove that as some terribly faulty logic.

might be up for some m2 matches as well.
Yea, hit me. Id definitely be down to play some M2 if you would like.

people can put whatever they want into their bodies, you can't stop them..... i dont really see it as an advantage anyway..... the negatives of amphetamines outweigh the positives pretty hard for tournaments imo anyway
Lol, I could care less as well. Its not like focus enhancers give you abilities you dont normally have haha. Its not quite the same as being faster or stronger. But I will say, Ive seen some adderall enhancement in good players b4, it can be pretty impressive.

When I tried it, I literally only wanted to play C. falcon, and I couldnt really sleep because I couldnt stop "dreaming" about combos. Didnt help me cuz I dont main falcon, and then the 2nd day of the tourney I was tired from lack of sleep. I hear there is a terrible come down tho, luckily I didnt exp that tho. Wouldnt do it again tho, not for tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom