• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Fest Feb 10th, BEST practice

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
come on cura, thats how it always works... you know that by now.

also, what did that have to do with his actual post.

also, the last 2 discussions in ths thread should be moved to the social thread imo

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
The whole discussion should come to a closure completely. If a stage is extremely debatable rather or not it should be legalize or illegal the only way to truly handle the situation (in our region) is just to have a majority vote. While i dont like some of the new stages as a TO its my obligation to allow what the players want most. Right now up for discussion will be, Port town Aero Drive, and yoshis island melee. My vote for both stages is no.

Yoshi Island (Melee)
Legal-0
Illegal- 1

Port Town
Legal-0
Illegal- 1

Place your votes, before this weekends fest so that i will know rather or not to allow it. Everyone should try and do an input!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I vote for both to be legal

ps. in responce to the post below this one.
Japes is amazing, stupid fun, and should be legal all the time regardless.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if my vote should even count, but I'm going to have to vote no to PTAD. The stage is way to hectic most of the time, and the lack of ledges really unfairly gimps characters who rely on tether recoveries. It doesn't provide a fair enough area to battle in my opinion to warrant being used competitively.

Yoshi's Island (Melee) however, I do find to be a legitimate stage. The slanted floors provide something different & new to the set of stages currently used. The one walk-off ledge can be seen as an issue, but if you get caught in an infinite or something like that, it's your fault for getting yourself into that situation. There are points in Castle Siege & Delfino where there are walk-offs, and considering how far of a walk-off, and the angle of the hill leading to it, the walk-off isn't the biggest threat. I'd have to vote yes to it.

Yoshi Island (Melee)
Legal-2
Illegal- 1

Port Town
Legal-1
Illegal- 2

I'm still thinking Jungle Japes is a better stage than either of these to be completely honest.

EDIT: Factored in Goggle's votes.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Factoring in Beta and James Gs Votes.

Yoshis Island (Melee)
Legal- 1
Illegal- 3

Port Town
Legal- 1
Illegal- 3

voters: Cura, Beta, James G, Goggles.

edit: Thanks for the imput tomatoe but unless you plan on attending fest i wanna keep the voting to a fest only basis since this is mainly going to be a syracuse stage list.

x13mako

Smash Ace
I vote illegal for both if there is still time.

EDIT: There is a discussion of legal stages in another thread, and in that thread Vibe is very anti-PTAD so I assume he would vote illegal. You can get his word is you want.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Factoring in Mako And Altairan. And Removing goggles since he never comes to fests but since he does come to syracuse on occasions making his votes worth a half point.

Yoshis Island (Melee)
Legal- 1.5
illegal- 5

Port Town
Legal- .5
illegal- 7

voters. Cura, Beta, James G, goggles, Mako, Alt,Sharky,Erk.

Alt is undecided about yoshi island.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Factoring in Beta and James Gs Votes.

Yoshis Island (Melee)
Legal- 1
Illegal- 3

Port Town
Legal- 1
Illegal- 3

voters: Cura, Beta, James G, Goggles.

edit: Thanks for the imput tomatoe but unless you plan on attending fest i wanna keep the voting to a fest only basis since this is mainly going to be a syracuse stage list.
Haha yeah, I was surprised when I read that you made Goggles' vote only worth half, and mine worth more - Even though I've never been there lol. Then I saw this. But yeah, it's cool bro. Just adding my two cents, if they're worth anything.

I'll try to make it out to a fest when I'm in Buffalo. We'll see what happens.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Nice, looks like I won't be seeing too much of these stages anymore.

You having a smash fest this Saturday Matt? My Lucario and Dedede are gonna do some work.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Update

Yoshis Island (Melee)
Legal- 2.5
Illegal- 6

Port town
Legal- 1.5
illegal- 8

Voters: Cura, Beta, James G, goggles, Mako, Alt,Sharky,Erk, Leet-0, Vibe

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Update

Yoshis Island (Melee)
Legal- 2.5
Illegal- 7

Port town
Legal- 2.5
illegal- 8

Voters: Cura, Beta, James G, goggles, Mako, Alt,Sharky,Erk, Leet-0, Vibe, san

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thats only because Im not a regular at these events, thats no reason to not give someone the common courtesy of capitalising a proper name...

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I'll be able to make it to the smashfest this weekend since I got the day off and I feel like I've been wicked responsible lately so I feel I deserve it. xD Also tired of work work work

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Update

Yoshis Island (Melee)
Legal- 4.5
Illegal- 7

Port town
Legal- 4.5
illegal- 8

Voters: Cura, Beta, James G, goggles, Mako, Alt,Sharky,Erk, Leet-0, Vibe, san, pikapika,mana

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
I'll be able to make it to the smashfest this weekend since I got the day off and I feel like I've been wicked responsible lately so I feel I deserve it. xD Also tired of work work work
Awesome! Looking forward to playing your Falco, rusty or otherwise. Also vote lol

I'm currently unable to get in touch with r0chX, Frost, Banjo, and D1337, but I'll get their votes as soon as possible.

FB979

Smash Rookie
ATTENTION: this is D1337, you can even ask 13370 because he called me firebird in the smashfest. i vote yes in legality for port town but no in legality for yoshi's island.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
LOL ^^ why am i not suprised he'd vote along side his own son. rigged!

Yoshis Island (Melee)
Legal- 6.5
Illegal- 8

Port town
Legal- 7.5
illegal- 8

Voters: Cura, Beta, James G, goggles, Mako, Alt,Sharky,Erk, Leet-0, Vibe, san, pikapika,mana, Firebird, O.M.R, Mario Man.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
San Neil And Mana have attended fest and enter events. Goggles hasnt enter events and i dont believe hes made it to an actual fest.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
LOL ^^ why am i not suprised he'd vote along side his own son. rigged!
Father/son = Wombo Combo

In reality, O.M.R voted on this reasoning (put into my own words):

All legal stages should invite differing playstyles and creative strategies, so unless the stage detracts from said principle it does not warrant a ban.

In accordance to this, O.M.R's beliefs coincide with mine in that PT:AD and YI (M) neither detract from regular play, nor encourage degenerative play.

tl;dr: Father/son = Wombo Combo

x13mako

Smash Ace
Father/son = Wombo Combo

In reality, O.M.R voted on this reasoning (put into my own words):

All legal stages should invite differing playstyles and creative strategies (eg. drop main for MK), so unless the stage detracts from said principle it does not warrant a ban.

In accordance to this, O.M.R's beliefs coincide with mine in that PT:AD and YI (M) neither detract from regular play (Spam and picking MK), nor encourage degenerative play.

tl;dr: Father/son = Wombo Combo

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Idk if some people come once every 100 smash fests, their votes shouldn't be as valued as someone who comes to nearly every one.

So I agree that San Neil and Mana should be .5 or something until I see more activity from 'em.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
^ Cura gave you full cred. D1337. You came to a fest, so your vote counts as one point.

Lol Mako

v Erk that's way better actually

Top Bottom