• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney - Don't Come (Results)

cozyt

Smash Rookie
ok but can u lent me a controller? I'm coming and hope some lent me a controller and a team mate:)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
cozyt:

How old are you?
Are you semi-illiterate?

FOR ONE, It's LEND.

TWO: LENDING OUT CONTROLLERS IS LIKE ASKING A SMASHER TO LEND YOU HIS TESTICAL. NO ONE WANTS TO LEND OUT A COMPLETE STRANGER A CONTROLLER; THEY DON'T WANT TO LEND A CONTROLLER TO A COMPLETE STRANGER AND ANOTHER TO A COMPLETE STRANGER'S ACCOMPLICE.

You have not introduced yourself what so ever, and no one knows who the hell you are. We're a community, and if you want to be apart of it then show some common sense, and maybe some common courtesy wouldn't go astray either.

If you reside in Sydney there happens to be a meet going on in just under three days; PERHAPS if you WENT THERE, and MADE SOME FRIENDS THERE they would be happy to lend you a controller.

But when it comes down to it, if you don’t even have a controller of your own, I would presume you wouldn’t even have brawl, and you don’t care about playing it competitively, so why are you here?

kupo

Smash Lord
Ok Cao, Lets Rep Vic Lol!

Rage Rage Rage Rage Rage Rage

How Can I Not Rage? Smash Is Srs Business

Caps Is Mega Awesome Tooz!

~

Btw whats this pre-payment bs?

~

**** wtf?

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Too bad I wont be there for melee doubles... Cao and Emily in a team is scary yet fun

Gords

Smash Champion
what day are you going to be there kulla and does this mean thsat your not going to play in the brawl doubles for dont come

cozyt

Smash Rookie
hi, sry for that. I'm 19 years old. I'm from germany and spending a year backpacking here in Australia. I used to play with my friends a lot, every smash brothers game. N64, gc and wii. I'm not sure if I'm illiterated, even not sure what it means ;) just arrvied a month ago. I'm not playing like the people who making videos of their matches on YouTube. Some kind of other playing. Don't know if I have chance against toy guys, but I would say not too bad. I'm realy like to play, because my last game is a month ago. and I'm Germany I thought about the fact that I won't smash in oz. So I thought maybe I could join an tournament here.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Fair enuf cozyt. Join the club if you're keen to attend 'don't come'.

Shaya is just one big emo behind a 'geek' facade. :p

Btw Illiterate is rude word meaning someone can't read or write. Sure it means Shaya is too judgemental and didn't register with the fact that you came to Aussie backpacking and in lack of a controller...

He thought you were being a bit arrogant given the way you typed your responses here but given you're from germany, I'm sure that can be easily forgiven.
Cheers.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
alright boyz, I get in friday night 7:30 pm, I'ma check in and then its training time. who's up for some early match's?

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there Sunday Gords...flying in that morning, as for brawl doubles, I'm teaming with Pat, and we probably will play, but neither of us care about Brawl...but yeah it will probably be my last brawl tourney participation.

Good Work there Shaya, I'm glad to see you policing these forums to make sure people arent rude or inconsiderate :D

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It was rude and inconsiderate to not introduce yourself; I don't feel bad, I got the response I was after.

People won't have to be like "well at least I'm not that guy who wants 'me to LENT him a controller'". We are now aware of a foreign exchange kid from elsewhere, now he can perhaps MEET PEOPLE HERE.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
dont feel bad cozyt, we all know that it was a bit of a misunderstanding and is forgiven now. You are welcome around here. Dont worry about Shaya, he's a nice guy in real life and was just doing his job in the forums.....
so i guess alls well that ends well and hope to see you at Dont Come. (sorry i already got a team together but there should be people in need of extra players.....)
PS Shaya, remind me never to borrow a controller of you. :)
Peace

cozyt

Smash Rookie
ok so im coming to dont come, but without a Controller and im hopping one of guys might lent me one. I can even give some money as pawn(right word?) would be very very nice!

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I just had Cug pull out of the team (niece's birthday apparently - dont get me started), anyway i kinda NEED an extra player to fill the spot in the team. if you're still looking for a team then send we a message. Though be warned, we arent very good so dont expect much winning to be happening....

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Awesome news! I can come to both days of Don't come... I'll be teaming with Pat for Melee doubles, dont really want to play in Brawl Crews, but I think its unavoidable.

That is if Shaya picks me to be in the state brawl crew of course...

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I can send you a controller cotyzel.

and kulla repping Sydney brawl means they win. do it.

S.D

Smash Master
Awesome news! I can come to both days of Don't come... I'll be teaming with Pat for Melee doubles, dont really want to play in Brawl Crews, but I think its unavoidable.

That is if Shaya picks me to be in the state brawl crew of course...
Make it your last hurrah Simon

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Kulla if you don't want in, I don't want you.

But of course it's pretty much unavoidable. So if you want in, I suppose you're in. Unless you really really suck at Brawl now.

Actually, if you want to be in the NSW Brawl crew, you'll have to put me into the melee one <3.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
S.D: Hopefully I can finish with a bang, most likely it will be a whimper cause, though I dont suck at brawl I dont really take it seriously at all anymore (getting in my johns nice and early there) ... but yeah, this will be my last Brawl tourney appearance.

Ryan: I would but Im already with Pat, plus I dont really care about Brawl doubles so I'd be a liability anyway

Shaya: You know that cant happen <3, but yeah I spose I do want in, if just to finish a chapter.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaya opens his doors to money matches at Don't Come:

- Agreed Monetary Amount
- Best of Three on zeh 'neutral stages'.
- Smash Bros 64 or Brawl; or lulz melee if I think I can winz <3.
- MK or Snake means you're a ***got. Snake less so.

Smash 64:
- GC controllers (wiihaxchannelst00f)
- Doubles is open, I'm sure Atticus and I will take your money with dexterity!

Brawl:
Just leave your money on the floor and back away quietly.

My ego is so large.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
theres this guy in canada called superboom and i enjoy watching him play SSB64. he'd kick all your ***** :)

<33333333333333333333333333333333333333 Kullapoo ~ do your dirtiest! it'll take something to beat the sensei and stoodent >=]

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I challenge Shaya to a $5 MM using the SBR extended starter list:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

No MK/Snake - Unless you're scared of losing.

And I challenge anyone to a Mega/Curry/Fast/Light/Metal/Items On/No Final Smash/Tiny/20-stock/2.0 damage/Big Blue/Captain Falcon ditto

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
They benefit Diddy, if anything.
It's too bad Luigi's mansion isn't there.

Also, I've prepaid for both myself and Rune.
I'm doing my part to maximize consideration for the smashers.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I would totally be pre-paying if I had any way to get moneys into my Paypal. ;_;

Also Shaya, $2 MM. FD, Battlefield, Lylat, Yoshi's Island and Smashville. Ice Climbers. Brawl.

I dare you to use Marth.

Also also: Similar deal to planetstereo, half my crewmates bailed out, so Defiled, Gords and myself need a teammate for a Brawl crew, if anyone's still looking. Will take anyone who's free srsly.

Also I need a partner for doubles (both games) since mine was one of the ones bailing out.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Everyone has until midnight tonight to pre-pay, otherwise its a $40 entry ar the door covering 2 days of awesomeness. Now that I'm home again I'll ramp up the support :)

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
<33333333333333333333333333333333333333 Kullapoo ~ do your dirtiest! it'll take something to beat the sensei and stoodent >=]
Only time will tell if we have that something, in anycase they shall be fun games :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Final post amendment (with complete schedules and contact information)

Venue Location/How to get there

The Glasshouse @ the University of Technology Sydney

By CityRail
All metropolitan train lines pass through Central Station, as well as the Airport Line. The Glasshouse at UTS is located on Broadway, about a 3 to 5 minute walk from Central Station.
By Driving
Commerical parking garages are located around UTS, on Harris and Quay Streets.

Cost - $40 at the door (covers both days)

Resigster your payments at the door on Saturday between 12pm and 2pm. Registration closes at 2pm sharp.

Day 1 Schedule said:

SATURDAY

2PM - 5PM
Melee 2v2 Teams Rules (Double Elimination)

• 4 stock, 7 minutes, best of 3 matches, finals will be best of 5 matches, no items
  • At the beginning of the set each team will be given the chance to strike a stage, each stage selected will not be played in the set.
  • The first match of a set's stage will be selected randomly. The loser then announces the next stage he/she will select. Then the winner will have the choice of a character change, followed by the loser change selecting their character.
  • The random stages are: Pokémon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Dream Land 64, DK 64.
  • The banned stages include: Hyrule Temple, Venom, Fourside, Great Bay, Yoshi's Island 64, Brinstar Depths, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Kongo Jungle, Mushroom Kingdom I, Green Greens, Princess Peach's Castle, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom II, and Yoshi's Island.
  • No one may counter pick a stage they have already won on [Dave's Stupid Rule]
  • In 2v2 Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are banned.
  • Mushroom Kingdom II is a viable counterpick in Doubles.
5PM - 8PM
Brawl 4v4+ Crews Rules (Double Elimination)
  • Every Crew is to have a minumum of 4 men in their crew, with a maximum of 5 men allowed.
  • Every Crew will have 12 stock is to be divided equitably amongst the crew (ideally this is 3 stock per person).
  • On a written piece of paper, every crew is to assign a character to a person. All players must stick to their assigned chosen character throughout the entire tournament.
  • The starting player of every crew battle will be decided by a double blind.
  • Players who win a match retain the remainder of their stock in upcoming matches until they are defeated.
  • The first crew to eliminate all 12 stock of the opposting team wins.
  • Stock victory margins must be recorded as this will be used as the basis for seeding.
  • Stock margins will be tabulated and the highest crew will take 1st place.
  • There is no time limit. All matches are to be played on random select. Every player is entitled to 1 stage cancel per game.
  • Stages on random select are all legal stages listed as follows:
    - Legal Stages on Random Select:
    Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Corneria [D], Bridge of Eldin [D], Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Mario's Circuit [D], Great Sea, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 2, Distant Planet, Skyworld, Pictochat, Shadow Moses Island [D], Green Hill Zone [D], Yoshi's Island (Melee), Jungle Japes, Rainbow Ride, Onett [D], Brinstar, Green Greens, Big Blue, F-Zero Port Town.
    [D] denotes a Dedede banned stage.
  • Group coaching is encouraged.
  • There can be no more than 1 Metaknight and 1 Snake player per crew.
8PM - 9.30PM
Brawl Interstate Crew Battles (Round Robin)
New South Wales vs. Victoria vs. Queensland - See alternate thread.

Day 2 Schedule said:

SUNDAY

11AM - 12PM
Murderball
Location: The Domain, Sydney (meet at the Sydney YHA prior to walk there as a group)

Rules:
In Murderball (AKA Court Dodgeball) there are no teams. The game is played inside a small field (of any shape). All players begin inside the field, except for one or two who begin as attackers. Attackers throw the ball into the field and try to hit the players. Any time a player touches a ball, he is out and joins the throwers. The last player in circle is the winner. A player is safe if they catch an attacker's ball on the full.

Equipment required:
1 x whistle & referee (Voluntary)
1 x roll of think and bright tape
4 x cheap bouncy balls

1PM - 4PM
Brawl 2v2 Teams Rules (Double Elimination)
  • All matches are played in a pools, in a best of 3 set.
  • All matches are to be played with 3 stock, 7 minute time limit and no items.
  • All sets are to begin through choosing 'Random.' Each player is entitled to 1 stage strike if they play on a stage that they do not wish to play on (This is different to stage banning).
  • The loser of the match picks is entitled to pick a legal stage at will and also is to be the last person to select a character before the next match begins.
  • Blind character picks may be enabled. To enable this and for more information, contact the tournament organiser.
  • Banning Stages - Each player may ban ONE stage that they do not wish to play on. This stage may be from any legal stage. The player must ban their chosen stage either before the set starts or immediately after the first game.
    Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Corneria, Bridge of Eldin, Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Mario's Circuit, Great Sea, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 2, Distant Planet, Skyworld, Pictochat, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Jungle Japes, Rainbow Ride, Onett, Brinstar, Green Greens.
    Illegal: All other stages
  • Metaknight or Snake cannot be picked more than once in a team.
  • Ice Climber Chainthrowing - Is legal up to 300%. Players caught performing it beyond 300% will be disqualified.
  • Any player caught using unfair stalling techniques or glitches will be disqualified upon discretion by the Tournament Organiser.

4PM - 7PM
Melee 4v4+ Crews Rules (Double Elimination)
  • Every Crew is to have a minumum of 4 men in their crew, with a maximum of 5 men allowed.
  • Every crew will have 16 stock is to be divided equitably amongst the crew (ideally this is 4 stocks per person).
  • On a written piece of paper, every crew is to assign a character to a person. All players must stick to their assigned chosen character throughout the entire tournament.
  • The starting player of every crew battle will be decided by a double blind.
  • Players who win a match retain the remainder of their stock in upcoming matches until they are defeated.
  • The first crew to eliminate all 16 stock of the opposting team wins.
  • Stock victory margins must be recorded as this will be used as the basis for seeding.
  • Stock margins will be tabulated and the highest crew will take 1st place.
  • There is no time limit. All matches are to be played on random select. Every player is entitled to 1 stage cancel per game.
  • Stages on random select are all legal stages listed as follows:
    Pokémon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Dream Land 64, DK 64.
  • Group coaching is encouraged.
7PM - 8.30PM
Melee Interstate Crew Battles (Round Robin)
New South Wales vs. Victoria vs. Queensland - See alternate thread.

Equipment

All attendees for 'Don't Come' are highly encouraged to support the event with televisions, Wiis, and copies of SSBM and SSBB where possible.

Don't like it? Don't come. We dont want you.

Projected entrance - 50+ competitors​

Emergency Contact - 0466.352.145 (David Cao aka. CAOTIC)

Top Bottom