• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney - Don't Come (Results)

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Hey caotic, it looks as though i might be able to resist the urge to come, it would take a whole crew though. so far we have
me (marth)
jamus (not sure)
cug (kirby) (not on Smashboards as of yet)
and possibly some others i havent spoken to yet
so you might have to ban us then

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
good **** stereo. that's what i like to hear.

jasoneypoo ~ murderball is definently on! we are even talking about doing teams as well as a free-for-all LOL <3

S.D

Smash Master
muderball crews.

Also, we need one more for a 6 person hostel room.

Currently we have

-Me
-Comboturtle
-Jelly
-Daz
-Tim?!

We'll be staying at sydney central YHA probably friday and saturday night. Who wants in?

cozyt

Smash Rookie
i need a team! who can help me. i also need a controler . i wanna play here in australia

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
@Vyse n stuff: Work shenanigans sorted, Basically I can come whenever on Friday except for SUPER early, say before 7/8AM cause I'd need enough time to get from work to the airport. SO I'll either be up for 30+ hours once Friday night comes (exactly like Adelaide! :) ) or get a nice resty-poo in the morning and fly in the arvo. And whenever on Monday to come back is good.

@Dodgeball, can't we call it dodgeball? Free-for all is the way its meant to be played. We used Tennis balls back in primary school Cao. :bee:

@Bridgeclimb!

On Friday 5 December the first day climb is at 7.35am. Climbs will then depart every 10 minutes until 19.15pm for a Night Climb.

Please reply with your preferred day to climb and your preferred hour eg. Between 9am-10am, 10am-11am? The climb will be 3.5 hours from the time within that hour.

Sounds brilliant.
So, basically we can go any time we please.
Is Friday the best day for people?
I'm thinking it would be, but i dunno.
Lets see whos in and book it yo!

I

unreon

Smash Ace
How much is the bridgeclimb? I'd love to go for sure!

And probably should avoid the morning traffic if you can. It's probably way too noisy and pollutants run rampant during those times.

Interstate murderball!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Interstate muderball crews = the fattest state loses... now that is something i cannot predict

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
And Juggy....after that display in the pool at Byron Bay I'm liking our chances :)

PS are you even coming little Juggy?

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
QLD = Murder ball Kings. Intense training and hidden techs where found. We are gonna change the meta game for life No murder ball game will be the same again. MWAHAHAH

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
How is everyone going with trip planning for this? Give me an update if there's any developments that I've missed out on. If everything's cool then good day to you :)

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
QLD have decided that I'm the prime tourist attraction for Smash.

If you haven't chilled with me at full force, you haven't enjoyed your trip.

S.D

Smash Master
Me and Daz have booked a bridge climb for 5:25pm on Friday the 5th. So if anyones keen to do it then get in and book if u wanna be cool.

cozyt

Smash Rookie
hi, i want to pay at the entrence, dont have a paypal account, and can some borrow me a controler and invite me to his team?

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... Heading towards the light...

Yo sup ppl its been ages since i even seen a consloe let alone anything that resembles a game...

So far keen on going but like most of you ppl out there i too want to save $10 but got no means of paying... just a quick question after we pay we register where???

Anywho i also need a partner(s) for both days... anyone interested???

Oh can somone give me the english version of the plan like a summary for those that might not understand???(like me...)

Job is like a case of warm beer. No matter how fast you drink it it still taste bad at the end of the day... (NEED A JOB ****IT!!!)

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... Melee and Brawl unite!!!

Gords

Smash Champion
Bless My Soul...Its Chicken_Salad.

Well Chicken_Salad, I havent seen you since the connections tour where I met everyone for the first time. (I was playing ZSS and Toon link and kept getting taken out in the time matches). Good to hear from you.

The first post pretty much goes through the plan for the weekend.

If your looking for a doubles partner Ill be happy to team with you as I have no team mate yet. My brawl skills are pretty good although my melee skills still needs some work but is still ok. your still probably beter than me with both games though.

By the way
I think shaya and kulla, with others, are looking for you to be in the state crews for both brawl and melee. I hear that you play a godly melee jiggs.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yes he does.

More annoying than Meteor's Jiggs.

Unless Meteor brawl gayed his Jiggs further :p

Bjay

Smash Lord
Yes Salad should not only be in Melee crews but Brawl crews as well I reckon :)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
It's more than likely still Salad. I think my Jiggs is pretty good, but I've seen his and it's probably still better than mine.

And I'm still in the process of relearning Melee anyway. I don't know many character matchups and the like.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Salad has more experience but Meteor is more aggro.

But Meteor only plays Jiggs.
Jiggs range = Marth's range, but has more priority and more knockback. However Jiggs does not have a strong ground game to even out with Marth. Cept for that lame 'charge b and WIN!' move which often requires insane reflexes to counter if there are no platforms... That or JUMP outta the way!

Marth is just a wimpy metrosexual in need of moar manliness. He's gay enough already for the FFers but not enough for PeachyJiggs unless in the air to a degree... Grab to Fair to Fair to Fair to Fair to jab to Fair. Marth is a WOP character against those two. As much as they WOP/Dsmash Turnip Spam/Nair him back. mEh.

Look what they did to Marth in Brawl... made him faster (and slower) and stronger but a smaller sword? No WAI.

Salad plays Falcon. Marth vs Falcon is pretty much gay stage set up and the like. Marth has slight advantage however (on certain stages).
Falcon needs a long stage to diss out his moves and combo anyone to death aka teh Knee/Nair to Bair to Uair chains.

hmmm...

cozyt

Smash Rookie
you guys think its worth to come without controller and team partner? actually im not as good as you and i didnt play for a month, but i liked to smash again. so maybe there is a chance to play 2-3 games on this tournament? or if i find a teamparter (please contact me) to join the tournament?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Attention Smashers Looking To Stay At A Hostel

As of now, the Queensland smashers are booked into a non-Cao reccomended hostel due to issues with availability (Long story short, I left it too long cause the debit card I'd been waiting on in the mail took too long and got lost so it had to be re-issued). Basically the Sydney Central YHA had nothing available the friday night, and scarce availability one the second and third.

We have been forced to relocate to the 'Sydney Central on Wentworth' which is a very short distance from the 'Sydney Central YHA' and pretty much the same price range.

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/SydneyCentralonWentworth-Sydney-4807

If there's any Sydneyers looking to hang out in a hostel with the QLDers, the 'Double Bed Private' room has room if people wanna get in and book it, you'll be rooming with the other QLDers, so all will be good if you do.

Top Bottom