• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Samus

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all. It's me again.

Marc and I have been tossing around this idea for a while: a SWF sponsored Low Tier Tourney. It would have to take place over WiFi (which we know has it's limitations, but there is little we can do about it).

This idea stems from a lot of pros and amateurs claiming that many low tier characters are not as bad/negligible as people think; it's just that they are rarely used so their metagames aren't very developed. So, we're trying to give your character the chance to shine...just not as Fox or Falco ;)

Here are the rules we've come up with so far:

1) 64 man tourney, double elimination. Standard counterpicks apply. Matches are best of 3 with winners, losers and grand finals out of 7.
2) The only characters allowed are D Tier and below. For those that want me to list them instead of clicking the link, too bad
3) We want to make it a relatively equal distribution of characters. There are 13 characters so it won't go evenly in, but we want to avoid there being 20 Zeldas and 1 Yoshi.
4) No player can represent two different characters or take two different slots in the bracket.
5) Top 3 get some neato prize that has yet to be determined. And bragging rights.

Now, your guys' job: you need to rank your top 5 Samus...es. The top 4 will automatically get a slot in the tourney with the 5th being optional depending on the input of other characters. I hope this is done civilly or somewhat democratically. Those 4/5 slots have to agree to fill the slot and have WiFi/the means to play the tourney. You can try to recruit other smashers to represent your character, but they can only play as one character so you're up against other boards in the recruiting aspect.

The bracket will also be set up so that not all 4/5 of the same character are on the same side, so you guys won't meet each other until later in the tourney.

Thoughts? Comments? Lists of players? Your feedback is more than welcome!

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Xyro, Rohins, n00b, Sago
I think those are top four or at least ones I'd like to see in the tourney. I would like to do this as well, but I don't think I've left enough of an impression on people here for me to be considered. Oh, and I don't see a date, so I don't know if I'd make it anyway.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Right now the date isn't set down just because we're trying to gauge interest from all the boards. If it looks like it will happen, we'll set down dates.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
IsmaR is probably the best Wi-Fi Samus, now that KC's gone. Behind him, Xyro, Cherry64, and Rohins. Though, to be honest, I'm unsure as to whether or not Rohins mains her, any more. KawaiiBunny is also good with Samus, though she only [rarely] uses her on a strictly "for the lulz" basis.

I'd like to enter, myself, but I'd need someone backing me up.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I accept.

My list'd be between Xyro, Sago(if he still plays her), Serris and Cherry, if we're talking Wifi Smaus mainz. Tudor, Rohins, n00b and maybe some I don't know much about(or don't know their status) if I knew their situations.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I vouch for Ismar and Cherry as far as wi-fi goes. I'm sure there are many good Samus mains, but lag-fi is a different story and I can only account for those two being good at it. ^^

Hive

Smash Lord
wifi is pretty horrid ^^, but in my opinion...

Tudor, Xyro, Me, Rohins, and Rhyme or TheCarter I think as far as tourney samuses that I've heard good things about from players. Ravin or Serris maybe too? I haven't heard much about them yet, though...

On Wifi though I have no idea... that kinda changes everything..... maybe Rohins, Xyro, Ismar, N00b, KingChaos, and Dryn? they play it a lot and do well. :)

I hate having to guess this kind of stuff, I'm sure whomever we put in will do good, samus boards has quite a few decent players =)

powell651234

Smash Apprentice
Rohins doesn't play Brawl much, let alone wifi....and his Samus isn't very good at all....

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
yea rohins is garbage honk

i'd nominate xyro77 as well cuz when i play other samus mains it's fairly even except for vs him

Crystanium

Smash Hero
yea rohins is garbage honk

i'd nominate xyro77 as well cuz when i play other samus mains it's fairly even except for vs him
Three-stock saved on two different replays on two different times. Don't tell me that's "fairly even." >.>;

Yeah, whenever I get to play Brawl again, I'm going to give myself a name that represents my insiginificance. :(

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Three-stock saved on two different replays on two different times. Don't tell me that's "fairly even." >.>;

Yeah, whenever I get to play Brawl again, I'm going to give myself a name that represents my insiginificance. :(
dude every samus main i've played has 3 stocked me once in a while, even xoxokev, and I taught him most what he knows about samus.

xyro, on the other hand, can consistently 2-3 stock me for the majority of the matches. get over yourself thanks

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
A few of us need to get on and play a few matches against eachother. It might give us a little bit more educated decision on who we elect to represent us in this tourney. Oh, and we might need to see some evidence of those players fighting against characters other than Samus, as in videos. Also, we need a good variety of Samus mains in the tourney as well. If everyone plays Samus one way, then I don't think some people will have a problem beating all the Samus mains in the tourney if they can beat the best one.

That being said, I'd be happy to play some people wifi. You just need to give me at least until this coming Thursday, as that will be when my brother comes back to Florida bringing my Wii with him.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
So do we have a team yet or what? I'd be more than happy to be on the team, just nobody here has really played my Samus so I guess if you doubt my skills you can play me and tell me what you think xD

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I am willing to **** when ever you guys need me.

i recommend

Xyro, noob, sago, King Chaos
5th/sub=smash god or dryn

the rest dont play wifi or are not SUPER good at it.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Also, when is this tournament taking place?? I'm starting school soon so I'd prefer it take place in the summer... (if I'm elected to play)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
How do you figure? xD (reply on my wall or in a PM so we don't clutter this)

I'll play if people vote me, I play wifi sporadically.
if no one does, i will give up my spot for you to play.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lool. tis be true though. the list of greats is Xyro, Serris and Dryn. over wi-fi, every other samus main I've played has been pretty even or I've won the majority of them.

Have not played
: IsmaR,Smash G O D, and others taht have left (TAC and KC)

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Made a promotional picture for this. Here's the downsized Photobucket version (about 65% its original size):

Full view here. Resolution: 1440x900.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I must admit that's ****ing awesome.
Thank you, sir. Took me forever to get them all rigged up.

Now, for something on-topic:

We're deliberating this in the Samus Back Room. So far, it's looking like this:

1. Xyro77
  2. Rohins
  3. Smash G 0 D
  4. IsmaR
  5. Serris

KROE

Smash Cadet
Samus. She's so awesome, and yet deadly. Such a beautiful combination =3

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Serris is correct about that :p that's how it will probably turn out to be as well, but wait till we get a verdict :)

deadly?? oh yeah you play Zamus...

Virgilijus

BRoomer
All right, deadline for the roster is September 1st. You guys just send me a PM with the names (ranked in order, preferably. You can even go to past 5 if you want). Just pick one person here to send it to me so I don't get 4 repeated lists. If you have any problems with the roster and cry foul, I'll read through the entire thread and see if it's valid.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
!!!RAWR!!! KC is back and it looks like im just in time. This looks interesting and I promise to represent the samus community very well as i always have in the past in this tournament. Anyone who has ever played me which is a lot of you guys knows i should be in this. What you say guys let me try to come back stronger than ever?

Top Bottom