• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Jigglypuff

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
that marth could have waited a sec longer to recover and he wouldn't have been punished.
anyway i sent in the old list, i put noobicidal at number 5 but mentioned jiggernaut as a replacement

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Did someone PM the final list yet? -_- And is the day of the tourney finally desided? It might me a bad day for me, I'd like to know.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
that marth could have waited a sec longer to recover and he wouldn't have been punished.
anyway i sent in the old list, i put noobicidal at number 5 but mentioned jiggernaut as a replacement
What? But you're biased against me! And slot 5 WAS the replacement... -_- Look, Metatitan judged us both and he deemed me as the better player. This might have to do with the fact that I beat his OTHER characters besides Jiggs in matches. Some of the characters that have an advantage against Jiggs. (But man, your peach was something else)

For some strange reason you have it set up in your mind that Online Jiggs dittos are the universal qualifier for the strength of a player in brawl. It's not. For many reasons, they are extremely different than actual matches in brawl. I want to run something by you: Our matches don't prove you're a better player than me. As soon as I switched characters to sheik, denoting I wanted to have ACTUAL matches, you left right after. You may have beat sheik, who I'm rusty with and has a 40:60 matchup against jiggs, but I would have liked to maybe play your characters with my jiggs, or used other characters.

I must first admit that you are a great player online. It is a fact. However, you used rollout to kill me a little too often, and I have a bit of a problem with that. Rollout online actually works, and as a player who actually does matches offline, it throws me off (not to john here, you really got me with them). I'm also not as willing to use rollout on you because it's a very BAD habit that I finally broke. So you had a home field advantage right there. If we played irl, very few of those kills would have worked.

You might place well online in ladders, but here's the thing: You play in ladders because it's the greatest form of competition you have available. You don't play people with low scores, you try and get as much points as possible, etc (like all people hoping to place well on the ladder should) so you get a high score. I play the ladder to get matchup experience so I can play better irl. I play almost anyone, play characters I probably won't win against and people with low scores. I'm not trying to win the ladder.

You might be a better choice for this online tourney, but you are NOT a better player than me. Not at all.

Oh, and sending the not finalized list and changing it to your benefit is low.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
What? But you're biased against me! And slot 5 WAS the replacement... -_- Look, Metatitan judged us both and he deemed me as the better player. This might have to do with the fact that I beat his OTHER characters besides Jiggs in matches. Some of the characters that have an advantage against Jiggs. (But man, your peach was something else)

For some strange reason you have it set up in your mind that Online Jiggs dittos are the universal qualifier for the strength of a player in brawl. It's not. For many reasons, they are extremely different than actual matches in brawl. I want to run something by you: Our matches don't prove you're a better player than me. As soon as I switched characters to sheik, denoting I wanted to have ACTUAL matches, you left right after. You may have beat sheik, who I'm rusty with and has a 40:60 matchup against jiggs, but I would have liked to maybe play your characters with my jiggs, or used other characters.

I must first admit that you are a great player online. It is a fact. However, you used rollout to kill me a little too often, and I have a bit of a problem with that. Rollout online actually works, and as a player who actually does matches offline, it throws me off (not to john here, you really got me with them). I'm also not as willing to use rollout on you because it's a very BAD habit that I finally broke. So you had a home field advantage right there. If we played irl, very few of those kills would have worked.

You might place well online in ladders, but here's the thing: You play in ladders because it's the greatest form of competition you have available. You don't play people with low scores, you try and get as much points as possible, etc (like all people hoping to place well on the ladder should) so you get a high score. I play the ladder to get matchup experience so I can play better irl. I play almost anyone, play characters I probably won't win against and people with low scores. I'm not trying to win the ladder.

You might be a better choice for this online tourney, but you are NOT a better player than me. Not at all.

Oh, and sending the not finalized list and changing it to your benefit is low.

what you smoking? i never played meta outside that ffa
and i usually play the ladder to test out different strategies on diff characters
i have at least ten jiggz strategies
meta saw my ffa strategy and you saw my mirror strategy
and i recall getting hit with obvious offstage rollouts(due to wifi lag) on your part as well.
i use rollout to change up the direction of the match, i usually don't expect to hit my opponents with it, especially in mirrors
and about sheik, after beating your sheik my dad was like, "go to bed, you have work tomorrow!"
and jiggz mirrors can be tiring! we played like 15 of them and i won 13 of the fifteen, 3 stocking u in three of them

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
yep .

"but I would have liked to maybe play your characters with my jiggs"

good luck beating my mk LOL
and i ISS thunder jolts with pika
and lazer camp with falco
muhahaha

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i bet id beat almost everyones MK back here, at LEAST a majority of total matches. (if that sounded like a challenge, it was)

its the mk mains and good people that play mk that im worried about. MKs that arent experienced in the jiggs matchup in any way i can usually camp and ****.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
well i usually start the match by pretending to not be there and wait for u to approach or use rollout then i nado or f-tilt, if your coming from 2 jumps high for a fair or pound ill fair you. and while your off stage i can kill you with up b at like 40 %

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
what you smoking? i never played meta outside that ffa
and i usually play the ladder to test out different strategies on diff characters
i have at least ten jiggz strategies
meta saw my ffa strategy and you saw my mirror strategy
and i recall getting hit with obvious offstage rollouts(due to wifi lag) on your part as well.
i use rollout to change up the direction of the match, i usually don't expect to hit my opponents with it, especially in mirrors
and about sheik, after beating your sheik my dad was like, "go to bed, you have work tomorrow!"
and jiggz mirrors can be tiring! we played like 15 of them and i won 13 of the fifteen, 3 stocking u in three of them

yep .

"but I would have liked to maybe play your characters with my jiggs"

good luck beating my mk LOL
and i ISS thunder jolts with pika
and lazer camp with falco
muhahaha
Pffff! LOL, you did not win nearly that much, you pathetic liar. Don't act like I'm attacking you out of nowhere. You basically announced that you thought you were a better player than me on my profile.

Mirrors are tiring, more so in that large amount, so it's not like I was playing super well myself. Actually, your other list of characters don't scare me at all. I would love to face them with my jiggs. Despite what you want to believe, Jiggs does well against MK. My girlfriend mains pikachu, so I have more than enough matchup experience. In fact, I remember 2 stocking Meta's pikachu in one match. And falco? Falco's not too bad at all. Laser camp? You don't even know how to camp properly! Remember I can duck under the lasers if you try and camp.

I'd love to have those matches with you.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Pffff! LOL, you did not win nearly that much, you pathetic liar. Don't act like I'm attacking you out of nowhere. You basically announced that you thought you were a better player than me on my profile.

Mirrors are tiring, more so in that large amount, so it's not like I was playing super well myself. Actually, your other list of characters don't scare me at all. I would love to face them with my jiggs. Despite what you want to believe, Jiggs does well against MK. My girlfriend mains pikachu, so I have more than enough matchup experience. In fact, I remember 2 stocking Meta's pikachu in one match. And falco? Falco's not too bad at all. Laser camp? You don't even know how to camp properly! Remember I can duck under the lasers if you try and camp.

I'd love to have those matches with you.
i really don't care, your jiggz is unimpressive at best, play someone else at your own skill level...like your girlfriend lol

Metatitan

Smash Master
ENOUGH! Stop going at it you two. First off these are WIFI FRIENDLIES! Get a grip. Woody I based my list off of footage that SNO put up on youtube, not off the FFA's. Jiggernaut I judged you from peach and jiggs dittos, my pikachu is even worse online (I cant recover :<), so really beating it online means less than wifi puff dittos, at least puff can recover =/. Woody Jiggernaut is good, don't say he sucks because he attacked you for ignoring him as a possibility. And why did anyone bring up my kirby? It's simply a character I **** around with xD. If I go pikachu it's because I'm trying to get some matchup knowledge in but its bound that all 3 of my stocks lost will be from sds.

Anyways I will be making a list and sending it to Virg and I will tell him to simply ignore Woody's post because IT WASN'T UNANIMOUS :D! I've either played or seen footage of everyone who wants to be a part of it. To be honest I'd give up my spot just to stop the fighting but without me you guys will get *** ***** by every single yoshi main out there :D. To people who don't make the final list, I'm sorry but I'm being unbiased and judging off experience and MOSTLY FOOTAGE! Proof is all right there :)

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
For some strange reason you have it set up in your mind that Online Jiggs dittos are the universal qualifier for the strength of a player in brawl. It's not. For many reasons, they are extremely different than actual matches in brawl. I want to run something by you: Our matches don't prove you're a better player than me.
This is very true. And it's true for any kind of dittos. Just because you beat some1 who used the same character DOES NOT mean you're the better character. It can simply mean you have more matchup expirence in the ditto. Many people like to think winning a ditto means you're the better player, but it doesn't mean anything.

as far as im concerned, using rollout online is almost never legit. It's only legit if you are clearly punishing lag.

i really don't care, your jiggz is unimpressive at best, play someone else at your own skill level...like your girlfriend lol
Wow, real nice sexism here. Watch what you say, Woody. =/

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
ENOUGH! Stop going at it you two. First off these are WIFI FRIENDLIES! Get a grip. Woody I based my list off of footage that SNO put up on youtube, not off the FFA's. Jiggernaut I judged you from peach and jiggs dittos, my pikachu is even worse online (I cant recover :<), so really beating it online means less than wifi puff dittos, at least puff can recover =/. Woody Jiggernaut is good, don't say he sucks because he attacked you for ignoring him as a possibility. And why did anyone bring up my kirby? It's simply a character I **** around with xD. If I go pikachu it's because I'm trying to get some matchup knowledge in but its bound that all 3 of my stocks lost will be from sds.

Anyways I will be making a list and sending it to Virg and I will tell him to simply ignore Woody's post because IT WASN'T UNANIMOUS :D! I've either played or seen footage of everyone who wants to be a part of it. To be honest I'd give up my spot just to stop the fighting but without me you guys will get *** ***** by every single yoshi main out there :D. To people who don't make the final list, I'm sorry but I'm being unbiased and judging off experience and MOSTLY FOOTAGE! Proof is all right there :)
if you take me off the list your dead son. and me, u g-reg and vanz are like required to do this thing

Metatitan

Smash Master
I did. It was mostly a decision between you and Noob and since he didn't start a drama war that I had to waste my time to stop I figured he'd stay. Don't be upset, it's one wifi tournament :)

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
well i think its fair to say i should play noobicidal for the spot, seeing as how you find me worse then him (not that i care for your opinion).

Metatitan

Smash Master
I think it's fair to say that Noob deserves the spot more because if a mod was in here you would have been infracted for picking a fight :). But SuSa is a lazy lazy boy ;x

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
I think it's fair to say that Noob deserves the spot more because if a mod was in here you would have been infracted for picking a fight :). But SuSa is a lazy lazy boy ;x
u guys are stupid lol, if he wants to play then ill play him, if your list meant anything then ill drop out. i came here to test my skillz and one by one you pick me off.
sometimes the best man has to stand down, despite knowing how great a man he has become
gl everyone and power to the puff :D

Noobicidal

Smash Master
He can take the spot for all I care.

ITT: People who are serious about Wifi.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Wow, I'm sorry how much trouble this has caused.

First of all, I need to point out that the reason I got upset was because of the principle of Woody's actions, not because I am fighting for the spot.

I would like the spot, but as I said already mentioned, I might be busy when this happens! I still don't know when the tourney is, and given the range of dates given (from a few days ago until the 8th) there is a good chance I won't be able to make it. If it is tomorrow in the evening, there is an offline smashfest I'd like to go to, and would more than willing give up my spot, if not just to stop the bickering. If it's Saterday evening or on the begining of the week, I'd much rather see my girlfriend who has been away for 10 days with next to no way to contact me than play Smash over the internet. I have priorities. If it's after the 10th, then I have university to go to.

Tl;dr version: Might not make it, What's the date and time?

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Regardless, I might not be able to attend due to other reasons. Also, we should keep in mind that if this tourney does well in terms of attendence, only 4 out of the 5 will be playing...

Tell me wheeeen!

And why aren't you participating for the Ganon boards?

Glick

Smash Lord
Even though I couldn't care less if jiggz doesn't place well at this tournament. I think if you guys don't have woodman you are making a big mistake. Even if you don't like the guy he knows how to win. Are you seriously just giving it away to your butt buddies? LOL

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I hope you guys pull this together :). Too bad Woody's not in... I don't know much about the Jiggz Boards, but I'd like to see how well Woody would do.

Top Bottom