• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Jigglypuff

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Brother rivalry. /sigh

Everyone knows that Smash God is better though.
Pshhhhhh I don't see you getting into the top 20 in the AiB ladder with a C Tier :p
I want to start using Jiggz on the ladder, but it's still not good enough.
And for the record, I beat Smash Go'd Spamus with Jiggz in a set today. He won the first match, I won at RC, and I won again at Castle Siege

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I want to start using Jiggz on the ladder, but it's still not good enough.
Go ahead and use Jigglypuff on the ladder. There really is no problem seeing as how there is no money on the line.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Go ahead and use Jigglypuff on the ladder. There really is no problem seeing as how there is no money on the line.
Well, I mean, my Peach has gotten me this far, and I don't want my score to start dropping because I start failing with Jiggz. I'm probably going to go all-Peach until my Jiggz can at least win against decent players.

Cold Fusion

Well, I mean, my Peach has gotten me this far, and I don't want my score to start dropping because I start failing with Jiggz. I'm probably going to go all-Peach until my Jiggz can at least win against decent players.
Well, I almost won a set against a top 70 player with Jigglypuff. I understand though that you want to maintain your score.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Well, I almost won a set against a top 70 player with Jigglypuff. I understand though that you want to maintain your score.
most pros are unfamiliar with the jiggz matchup and end up getting gimped or playng in a way that makes them easy to spam airs on. ive seen it many times. pros like to trick their opponents with quick movements that ruin there spacing. and most jiggly players love to go aggro with fair and pound without without worrying about punishment. if these pros had simply shield grabbed at these times they would have played much better.

Cold Fusion

most pros are unfamiliar with the jiggz matchup and end up getting gimped or playng in a way that makes them easy to spam airs on. ive seen it many times. pros like to trick their opponents with quick movements that ruin there spacing.
What makes you think I was familiar with the match-up?

and most jiggly players love to go aggro with fair and pound without without worrying about punishment. if these pros had simply shield grabbed at these times they would have played much better.
I do not play an aggro puff. I am aware that I should save that F-air for the kill and not spam Pound like there is no tomorrow.

Cia

das kwl
I just realized that your name backwards is 'Doll.' Who also happens to be a peach player who lives in the MD/VA region. Any connection?

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
well this is going no where ;/ i just found it funny that you were bragging about "almost" beating someone.:laugh:

how are tourney matches going

Cold Fusion

well this is going no where ;/ i just found it funny that you were bragging about "almost" beating someone.:laugh:

Well, I am not actually bragging about "almost" beating someone, not something to brag about tbh. I am doing the AiB ladder actually. It is true that this is going nowhere though.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord

Read the last 10 posts to find out how nothing new has happened.

And Woody, whats not to know about the Jigglypuff matchup? I think most people are familiar with her limited amount of options.

Well, I am not actually bragging about "almost" beating someone, not something to brag about tbh. I am doing the AiB ladder actually. It is true that this is going nowhere though.
What character were you playing against?

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I just realized that your name backwards is 'Doll.' Who also happens to be a peach player who lives in the MD/VA region. Any connection?
Actually there is a connection. I used to main Sheik, and went through like 7 other characters trying to find another main (Roy, Gannon, etc.). One day at one of ChuDat's biweeklies, Doll walked in while I was destroying some guy with my sucky Peach. Doll wanted to Peach ditto me, so we played, and I was like, "wow we play almost alike, except hes 10x better than me." So then I picked up Peach, and now she's my best.

Kinda the wrong place for a Melee Peach post, but o well xD

PND

Smash Champion

"almost" beating someone can be grounds to brag, provided the player you "almost" beat is someone like Ally or M2K

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Don't think about dropping Jigglypuff.

...Wait, what if she turns into Shiek and finishes as Zelda? :ohwell:
That's probably not allowed, and that just makes my job easier.

Fighting Shiek is a lot easier than fighting Zelda.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
**** I gotta admit, those were two brilliant posts. Get ***** alex, turns out woody can be smart
I shure hope Alex dosn't start another flame war with Woody at the sight of you mentioning that.

I was fighting an Olimar. I am a lot more confident going Jiggs against Olimar now tbh.
A top 70 Olimar seems like quite a challange. I'm guessing by a close set, you mean you both won a match and the third one was a narrow loss.

Otherwise there is not much room to boast.

Cold Fusion

I shure hope Alex dosn't start another flame war with Woody at the sight of you mentioning that.
I do to.

A top 70 Olimar seems like quite a challange. I'm guessing by a close set, you mean you both won a match and the third one was a narrow loss.

Otherwise there is not much room to boast.
Well, I got 2-0'd. The reason I said it was a close set is because he had only one stock at +120% during both matches. I was happy when he said my Jiggs was "annoying."

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Well, I got 2-0'd. The reason I said it was a close set is because he had only one stock at +120% during both matches. I was happy when he said my Jiggs was "annoying."
Meh... thats still decent, but not what I was expecting.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I know I'm a nub jiggz and u guys probably knew this like 10 yrs ago, but watch out for ness's dair and fair. If he times it right, his fair/bair can punish the lag from jiggz's pound/aerials. Also his dair can start combos, spike, etc. Most importantly, don't get grabbed when your at like 100+%, especially at small stages, cuz ness's backthrow kills.

Just a few thoughts from getting destroyed be g-reg's ness xD

PND

Smash Champion
Ness is a ***** to fight. Fair > Jiggs. It's winnable, but it's a tough match -- and Avarice is a pretty good Ness.

Cia

das kwl
I'm a melee Puff/Peach main. If there's anything i know how to do, it's edgeguard. and if there was a perfect character to edgeguard, it's Ness.

:colorful:

Cia

das kwl
ooh, forgot Link. I <3 all these ****-able characters in being in low tiers.

red dog - brawl ICz boards? my ICz are decent. but i can't CG.. lolz

Top Bottom