• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Jigglypuff

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all. It's me again.

Marc and I have been tossing around this idea for a while: a SWF sponsored Low Tier Tourney. It would have to take place over WiFi (which we know has it's limitations, but there is little we can do about it).

This idea stems from a lot of pros and amateurs claiming that many low tier characters are not as bad/negligible as people think; it's just that they are rarely used so their metagames aren't very developed. So, we're trying to give your character the chance to shine...just not as Fox or Falco ;)

Here are the rules we've come up with so far:

1) 64 man tourney, double elimination. Standard counterpicks apply. Matches are best of 3 with winners, losers and grand finals out of 7.
2) The only characters allowed are D Tier and below. For those that want me to list them instead of clicking the link, too bad
3) We want to make it a relatively equal distribution of characters. There are 13 characters so it won't go evenly in, but we want to avoid there being 20 Zeldas and 1 Yoshi.
4) No player can represent two different characters or take two different slots in the bracket.
5) Top 3 get some neato prize that has yet to be determined. And bragging rights.

Now, your guys' job: you need to rank your top 5 Jiggs. The top 4 will automatically get a slot in the tourney with the 5th being optional depending on the input of other characters. I hope this is done civilly or somewhat democratically. Those 4/5 slots have to agree to fill the slot and have WiFi/the means to play the tourney. You can try to recruit other smashers to represent your character, but they can only play as one character so you're up against other boards in the recruiting aspect.

The bracket will also be set up so that not all 4/5 of the same character are on the same side, so you guys won't meet each other until later in the tourney.

Thoughts? Comments? Lists of players? Your feedback is more than welcome!

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
A low tier tournament?

I feel as though I am going to be competing in The Special Olympics...

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Now, your guys' job: you need to rank your top 5 Jiggs. The top 4 will automatically get a slot in the tourney with the 5th being optional depending on the input of other characters.
Five Jigglypuffs? Thats a lot. We might have to do a roll call to make shure everyone here still mains her...

r3d d09

Smash Master
Lame, I want to see him go jiggz.
off topic.Don't get me wrong. everyone loves CF, including myself, but i don't want to see him take this tourney. I'd rather see some underrated character take it. something like Jiggz, since i play her, link or something else.
Don't let me down guys :p I will be checking up on who's going to be the 4-5 players entering.

Metatitan

Smash Master
If we can make contact with lonejedi that'd be nice. I know you and thinkaman won't do wifi mike, so you two are out. The only good jigglypuff users that would use her on wifi that I can think of would be me and lonejedi and G-Reg. No1 else has ever given my puff a challenge in dittos xD. I guess you could ask Glick, people made a big hype about his puff (although I didn't think it was that good but I'm a tough critic) and he'd probably be willing if you could drag him away from brawl+ long enough to play the original. We really don't have a fifth good wifi puff so for filler just use Woody or someone else you can think of.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I can play a really good jiggly poof.

But ya'll wouldn't trust me with that lol D: Still though, if there's not enough spots, let me in?

:093:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'd be willing to rep jiggz in this. I use her in low tier offline all the time.

And I want you guys to test me if you have time :)
I've been told I have a good one

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
**** i have a meeting at my university at 6:00

when is this when I play "Wifi" puff, I play really ***. Esp. my rollouts. lol

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'm more than willing to go all 'Puff as long as no one has any obligations about me doing so.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
its legit on ganon, u just have to tilt upward and hit with the inner tip, should send ganon in the opposite direction and combo with a second f-tilt or u-tilt or ground pound

TP

Smash Master
its legit on ganon, u just have to tilt upward and hit with the inner tip, should send ganon in the opposite direction and combo with a second f-tilt or u-tilt or ground pound
Wow, a 2 hit combo on Ganon. It's about time someone found something like that. >_>

:034:

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
then follow up with bair or u-air for wop ect, its just useful because it can be used to counter ganons dair approach. ganon jumps, u u-tilt him, easy WOP

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
then follow up with bair or u-air for wop ect, its just useful because it can be used to counter ganons dair approach. ganon jumps, u u-tilt him, easy WOP
Woody, I'm sorry, but stop. There are a lot of better options that don't involve her ground game.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Haha... I could do the tourny if i was allowed but i don't think many in the Jiggs boards know how i play so maybe not :S Meh... If there's an empty spot i'd love to fill it...

Edit: i could always tryout and you guys can decide if you want me in or not

g-regulate

Smash Hero
mark me down, ill do it and win
seriously, MK is my only issue, and its all d tier and below?!??! no one will beat me

Top Bottom