• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That's also good but I'm sticking with the original RE3 soundtrack, the one you posted feel like it lack a buildup, feel more like a sudden jumpsscare (not blaming the sloppy editing) rather than building up suspense which fits the series horror survival genre more and also lack that victory flare.
I kind of want to trim it down though. Where would be a good time to trim it? Around the 6 second mark?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m throwing in a last minute submission for a stage...

Incineration Disposal Plant P-12A

Man, that was a mouth full. This location served as the final confrontation in Raccoon City as well as not one but two boss fights with Nemesis Tyrant. While not as iconic as Raccoon City, its importance can’t be understated

The stage is composed of a single street-like platform with walk-off blast zones. On the right us a dilapidated office building while the right dude is a two-story building. These buildings can have their front facade destroyed to reveal what’s inside.
The stage has three levels:

1) The main level with walk-off blast zones
2) The roof of the left side building and the second floor of the right side building.
3) the third floor of the right side building

Destroying one floor causes that area to open but can also unleash what’s inside. This can be:

Zombies: these undead souls will pour out of the broken building and will attempt to bite the opponent. They are slow and weak but also have good attack range. Their bites do bleeding damage and reduces speed for 10 seconds.
Hunter β: Thrashes wilift about with its elongated razor-sharp claws.
Zombie Dog: Faster and more agile version of the Zombie.
Nemesis T-Type: A very rare appearance. The creature is more of a boss fight. It will attack punching, slamming, and attack with its meat tendrils. If it gets too much damage, it will transform into its more monstrous form.

After defeating whatever creature came out, players can enter into the buildings. The left side building is a general collapsed office work space. The right side building has two vats of acid on the first floor which deals high damage if you jump into it. The second floor is on fire which does continuous fire damage.

After sometime has passed, a Missile will strike the stage but won’t do damage. It will reset the stage including removing any enemies.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
voting for Raccoon City and IDP, I feel like Spencer Mansion is such a specific location that only somewhat important on the beginning of RE1 while Raccoon City itself is a very important location where not only it's the home where Umbrella Corps reign supreme it is also the origin of the first zombie infection before being blown up.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1616159801492.png
Galford (Samurai Showdown)
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary
Grab, 2 slots
Effect: Sword Attack Up
  • Puppet Fighter: Blue :ultcloud:,Black:ultwolf:
  • Stage: Pirate Ship
  • Music Track: Banquet of Nature
  • Match: Stamina
  • Conditions:
    • Opponent has increased sword damage.
    • Wolf always remains behind Cloud.
    • Wolf has increased speed.
Earthquake [Samurai Shodown]
Class: Ace
Type: Primary
Shield, 1 slot
Effect: Increased weight
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Red :ultwario:,:ultsimon:
  • Stage: Gerudo Desert
  • Music Track: Tarkus and Kitapy
  • Conditions:
    • The secondary opponent only does Smash Attacks
    • The opponent had increased weight
    • The opponent occasionally does the Down Special
Cham-Cham (Samurai Shodown)
Class: Advanced
Type: Support
Effect: Boomerang Equip
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultbrawler: (Cat Costume), Tiny:ultdiddy:
  • Stage: Kongo Falls
  • Music Track: Haremst Faith School of Capoeira
  • Conditions:
    • Opponent comes equipped with boomerang
    • Opponent has increased air speed

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
1. Raccoon City

Easily the most iconic place of the Resident Evil series, being the location featured in most games. I'm picking this one over the other as this one is based on the RE3 incarnation, having the main focus on Jill here. I really love the idea of Carlos appearing on the stage and helping out players with the battle.

2. Incineration Disposable Plant P-12A

I very much like the hazards Venus mentioned, and with Jill being the main focus of Resident Evil I feel like repping Nemesis along with her as her antagonist in some way, be it even as an awesome stage hazard, is very much appropriate.

----

I like the gimmick in the Spencer Mansion submission, but as the C-Virus doesn't really appear up until RE6, I feel like the gimmick feels a bit out of place for that certain location.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Spencer Mansion (sounds the most fun)

2. The mouthful that was Venus' submission (I wanted Nemesis in the most and this is the next best thing for me-then again, maybe he could be an Assist Trophy...)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
1. Spencer Mansion
2. Raccoon City

I went with the two main locations from the games where Jill is the star. RCPD is a great location but it would make more sense for Leon than Jill. I prefer Spencer Manor because it's more immediately recognizable whereas Raccoon City is iconic and important but you can't instantly tell it apart from other fictional cities (until the zombies appear, at least).

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Negotiation Job: Please provide negotiations with Twitter

I previously asked the thread what sort of negotiations you would like to see in regards to Twitter content. Here’s what some people came up with:

1) Rename the Jack Dorsey Mii Fighter outfit to that of CEO
2) Limit the number of Spirits they asked for
3) Remove the Twitter branding but keep the aesthetic

What are some other negotiations that you want to propose to Twitter without drastically removing or changing their requirements. Remember, this does mean we get a reduced package of $3.2 million along with the content as well as continued partnership with the company.

For a reminder, here’s what they sent us

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I previously asked the thread what sort of negotiations you would like to see in regards to Twitter content. Here’s what some people came up with:

1) Remove the Jack Dorsey Mii Fighter outfit to that of CEO

What are some other negotiations that you want to propose to Twitter without drastically removing or changing their requirements. Remember, this does mean we get a reduced package of $3.2 million along with the content as well as continued partnership with the company.
Are we allowed to enforce the Ninjas? I feel like that would be very helpful...

SharkLord

Smash Hero

1) Rename the Jack Dorsey Mii Fighter outfit to that of CEO

For a reminder, here’s what they sent us
I seem to remember someone suggesting they add a no-spoilers mode than censors tweets with certain keywords for about 24 hours after a reveal. That way, you can get the full effect without anyone spoiling it for you. Think it was PeridotGX PeridotGX who suggested the idea.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
1. Raccoon City: Seems the most fitting for Jill's stage
2. Spencer Mansion: Sounds extremely fun

Here's an updated banner! Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Sequel Jill.png

If anybody has any critiques, I'd love to hear them! Namely, if there are better background colors or renders that I should be using. This was the best render that I could find of Jill's classic look.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
1. Raccoon City: Seems the most fitting for Jill's stage
2. Spencer Mansion: Sounds extremely fun

Here's an updated banner! Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
View attachment 307941
If anybody has any critiques, I'd love to hear them! Namely, if there are better background colors or renders that I should be using. This was the best render that I could find of Jill's classic look.
These are the renders that are being used for Crash and Barista on the front page and wiki, so the banner should probably be updated to reflect that.
SSBI_Crash.png
SSBI_Barista.png

This is major nitpick territory, but I think Barista's background color could be made slightly darker to match the color of this box art. basically more of a gold rather than a yellow.
81B3dhFK-nL._SL1500_.jpg

And one final thing is that everywhere else we've gone with the full title of "Bandana Waddle Dee" for our boy in blue. I personally prefer "Bandana Dee" as thats what most people call him in the Kirby fandom, but technically his name officially is "Bandana Waddle Dee", and is also the name used for his Ultimate spirit. So that should also probably be updated to reflect that as well.

EDIT: and now that I'm thinking about names Crash is just listed as "Crash" but Jill is "Jill Valentine". Should they both have their full titles, "Crash Bandicoot" and "Jill Valentine" or only first name, "Crash" and "Jill"? I'm not super familiar with either series, so I'm not sure which way would be best but I thought I would mention it since its inconsistent in its current incarnation.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of our Resident Evil stage submissions! It was a super close race all the way through.

Spencer Mansion Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 13
Raccoon City Police Department Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 1
Raccoon City Jomosensual Jomosensual 14
Incineration Disposal Plant P-12A
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 8

Raccoon City and Jomsensual’s take on how a stage would incorporate that will be used to represent it. It’s pretty exciting to see a stage that feels very different than traditional Smash stages be included.

We will continue to take additional content for Jill as well as negotiation submissions for Twitter. That being said, let’s jump into Job #72.

Job #72: Submit a Resident Evil Assist Trophy, Mii Costume, and Boss character!

Resident Evil has tons of content to draw from so adding an assist trophy or costume is pretty easy and should yield interesting submissions. That being said, it’s understandable that maybe one thing, like Spencer or Nemesis, may be submitted for more than one category.

When we go into voting, a character can only occupy one category. For example, if Nemesis gets submitted as both an AT and a Boss, than we will have to vote which one Nemesis will get put into. Than, the second place of the one it vacated will be promoted. This is to keep the RE representation fresh and varied. Also, please note that if a character that’s submitted wins, that means that they are no longer able to be submitted if an Echo fighter status can be applied to them.

When submitting, please include what the submission does (in regards to an AT or Boss), how it would look and act (in regards to a costume - please specify which kind of Mii Fighter it will become), and why it should be included (regarding popularity and importance)

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Mii Costume
kindpng_836829.png

Umbrella Corps Soldier (:ultgunner::ultswordfighter:)

The main playable and customizable character in everyone's favorite Resident Evil game, Call of Duty Umbrella Corps. Just like the Chocobo and Felyne costume while even if they're not the series hypothetical mascot they kinda serve as Umbrella Corps representative and basically a walking one at that.​

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 72: An Assist Trophy for Resident Evil
Grave_Digger_Clan_Master.png

Grave Digger (Resident Evil 3: Nemesis)
What does it do?
This large monstrous arthropod burrows underground and popping out to bite at opponents with it's mandibles as well bursting from beneath leaping into the air to come crashing down on you and can throw chunks of concrete. It's pretty durable and able to take lots of hits but can be defeated.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Fighter Spirit Theme will continue for another 24 hours. Afterwards, Resident Evil Spirits can be submitted.

The Music Doc cap limits have been increased and RE had been added

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #72: Mii Costume Outfit: Ethan Winters
1616248034110.png

While I still think us adding classic RE content makes a lot of sense (the fighter, stage, and assumed AT and Boss), I think we should also add something from the new RE. I don't think there's better representation than a Mii costume for Ethan Winters, the protagonist of RE7 and upcoming (but already released in this AU we're currently in) RE8.

From my memory, he can use his fists, he has an axe, and has lots of guns, meaning he can work under all the Mii outfits (:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:). Also, an idea for this costume, instead of having a traditional head piece, instead it drops a shadow over the face of the Mii, in reference to the promotional material and the devs wanting Ethan to continue being a blank slate, and I think having a shadow cast over a Mii's face has interesting possibilities for other Miis.
1616248406916.png
1616248425256.png

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 72: Assist Trophy

Albert Wesker

Albert Wesker | Resident Evil Wiki | Fandom

The most recurring villain (and one of the most iconic characters) of the entire series , Albert Wesker will attack opponents using his superhuman strength and speed gained from a mutation of the T-Virus, demonstrated in the attacks he uses in both his boss fight in Resident Evil 5 and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. He will race around the stage Matrix style, quickly kicking or punching opponents in his stylish sunglasses.

Of course, his one liners also come with the package.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #72

Assist Trophy: HUNK

pngkey.com-hunk-png-4996791.png

The fourth survivor of the Raccoon City Incident, Mr. Death himself, HUNK is a fan favorite recurring character in the Resident Evil franchise. He would function similarly to Rodin, using a simplified version of Jill's moves to attack. His main distinction, however, would be his high speed and mobility, as HUNK's scenarios are usually time trials and feature him fleeing for his life. I think HUNK would make a lot of fans happy as he's a very beloved character, plus it's been leaked that a Resident Evil: HUNK is in the works so he might be even more important by the time our game releases.

Mii Costume: Mr. X

The dreaded Tyrant, made iconic in the Resident Evil 2 Remake, Mr. X has historically been overshadowed by Nemesis as the monster baddie in Resident Evil. And Nemesis would make more sense in any role Mr. X could be in Smash... save for one. With his snazzy hat and trenchcoat, he'd make a great Mii Costume.

Boss: Nemesis

kisspng-resident-evil-3-nemesis-resident-evil-5-resident-resident-evil-5ace04528c1827.73462313...png

Remember when I said Nemesis was better suited for most roles? Yeah, this is what I meant. The persistent and seemingly unkillable bioweapon is tailor-made to be a Smash boss. He's huge, he's unflinching, and he deals massive damage. His fight would have him using his tentacles to strike at the fighter or try to impale them, and also spitting acid (directly or to set traps) and firing his rocket launcher. After a certain amount of damage is dealt to him, he will appear to die. However, he'll get up again and his attacks will be stronger. As in the original RE3, Nemesis is vulnerable to ice attacks (tough luck though as there are only like 4 characters in Smash that deal ice damage). Nemesis would probably have to be scaled up a bit to be more in line with other bosses, but this is the role he was meant to be in imo.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mii Costume: Sheva Alomar (Mii Gunner)

She was the secondary protagonist along with Chris Redfield in the Game Cube title Resident Evil 5. She works for the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance in West Africa. She was assigned as Chris’s partner as he was unfamiliar with the area. As a Mii Gunner outfit, she wields a marksman rifle in her hand.

Boss: El Gigante

This monstrosity is one of the bosses Leon Kennedy faced in the fourth title. It has brutish strength and will try to pummel its foe with its massive gusts. It will also attempt to crush them under its feet. Occasionally, it will grab a large tree trunk of piece of metal and either swing it at them if the opponent is close or to throw it if they are far away. Dealing enough damage exposes the Plaga on their back. Attack that to desk tremendous amounts of damage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom