• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Ok! Let's do this!

Votes:
Mii Costumes:
1. Umbrella Corps Soldier
2. Charlie Doll

Assist Trophies:
1. Albert Wesker
2. Nemesis

Boss:
Nemesis

Now then...
Job 73: Violet (Persona 5)

The new phantom thief added for Persona 5 Royal, Violet joins the battle as a Joker echo fighter! Although Violet could work as her own standalone fighter, I think she'd work best as a Joker echo fighter. I could see her having moves different from Joker, but still mostly similar. And no, I did not forget to mention her Persona. It's different, but it could still work.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Assist Trophy
1. Albert Wesker
2. HUNK

Mii Costume
1. Ethan Winters
2. Umbrella Corps Soldier

Boss: Albert Wesker
One more announcement, I have decided to go with GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 ’s Young Link moveset instead of my own after the realization that this would require us to rework the numbers. I will get around to updating the front page concerning this in the coming week.

In addition, Resident Evil spirits can now be added. Please visit this page to see what content is already included.
Uhh, I made a Young Link moveset? I don't remember doing that, and if I did, I think it would have had transformations as well. Maybe you're thinking of someone else's?

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Assist Trophy:
1. Ada Wong
2. Albert Wesker

Abstain on Mii

Boss: Nemesis

============================ JOKE SUBMISSION PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR HIM ======================================
trevor-belmont-128416.jpg

Fighter #66ε: Trevor Belmont (Netflix)
Yep Trevor Belmont from the hit Netflix series Castlevania on Netflix makes it in as an echo fighter of Simon! That makes Simon the only fighter with 2 (two) echo fighters! Wow! Trevor Belmont, instead of being his incarnation from the games, is based on the cool epic version from the Netflix series on Netflix! This means he is perpetually wasted. He plays similar to the other two belmonts except he has a low chance of tripping every so often and he has two (2) whips! For his final smash he will be sad

disclaimer: I like the netflix series
=================== THIS IS A JOKE SUBMISSION PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR TREVOR ======================================

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Assist Trophy:
1. Ada Wong
2. Albert Wesker

Abstain on Mii

============================ JOKE SUBMISSION PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR HIM ======================================
View attachment 308130
Fighter #66ε: Trevor Belmont (Netflix)
Yep Trevor Belmont from the hit Netflix series Castlevania on Netflix makes it in as an echo fighter of Simon! That makes Simon the only fighter with 2 (two) echo fighters! Wow! Trevor Belmont, instead of being his incarnation from the games, is based on the cool epic version from the Netflix series on Netflix! This means he is perpetually wasted. He plays similar to the other two belmonts except he has a low chance of tripping every so often and he has two (2) whips! For his final smash he will be sad

disclaimer: I like the netflix series
=================== THIS IS A JOKE SUBMISSION PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR TREVOR ======================================

Why would you give a joke submission expecting people not to vote for it? Can't you at least give a legit submission to balance it out?

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Assist Trophy:
1. Mr. X
2. Ada Wong

Mii Costume: Albert Wesker

My most wanted was already submitted so no submissions from me.
I think you might have mixed up Assist Trophy with Mii Costumes lol. Also, you're able to vote 2 for both Mii Costumes and ATs.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 73: Mecha Sonic (Echo Fighter of Sonic)
Mecha_Sonic (1).png

While most people pretty much go with Shadow due to him being expected when Echo Fighters were shown as well him being in the infamous Grinch Leak, I think Mecha Sonic is pretty underrated and it would be kind of cool to see him in Smash.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can I be honest here and say that I don't think the "we can't do a new unique character from a company if an echo from that company wins" rule is very good? Only having one unique character per company I'd absolutely understand, but this just comes across as overly limiting and makes characters that otherwise would have been neat additions feel like a waste
I understand that perhaps this was an unpopular move; I had several reasons for implementing this:
1) to avoid one company getting two new fighters
2) to allow new companies to enter the fold instead of relying on the Capcom/Sega/Namco speculation circle.
3) Probably the most important is, to get people to really think about their submissions and how they vote which can affect the roster. More often than not, I do find people vote for what their favorite but not for what’s good for the roster or game. Plus, we haven’t had a voting period that had a lot riding on it. This is our tough decision time.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I understand that perhaps this was an unpopular move; I had several reasons for implementing this:
2) to allow new companies to enter the fold instead of relying on the Capcom/Sega/Namco speculation circle.
3) Probably the most important is, to get people to really think about their submissions and how they vote which can affect the roster. More often than not, I do find people vote for what their favorite but not for what’s good for the roster or game. Plus, we haven’t had a voting period that had a lot riding on it. This is our tough decision time.
I'll have you know that insert voting period here was a VERY tough decision to make!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Quick question for the sake of the decisions, how unique are we allowed to make the echoes? Are we allowed to give them longer/shorter hitboxes and even some unique animations, or would that send them into semiclone territory? There's some characters I might consider voting for like Shadow and Kasumi, but I'm worried that constraining them strictly to Sonic/Joker's moveset would heavily limit them. I want to know just how far we can go with these Echoes before I cast my vote.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Personally, I like the rule. Largely because I want to see characters from Koei Tecmo, Ubisoft, ArcSys, Bethesda, etc. There are so many characters/series/companies to choose from that double dipping in one company hardly feels necessary. Also, like you said, it makes us think a bit harder about the roster as a whole, and not just individual characters.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Echo Submission: Big Boss

I never suspected Liquid Snake getting in but I want to up the ante and submit the man who started it all: Big Boss.

Big Boss is the father of the three Snakes: Liquid, Solid and one more that I forgot the name to. He first started out assisting as the leader of FOXHOUND but they two would eventually clash as Big Boss had alternative plans. He would eventually become playable in Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. He would functions similar to Snake in almost every way but be a bit more heftier and focused on all out power. As for the model, we could go with his models in the aforementioned games or his older appearance in earlier games.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Quick question for the sake of the decisions, how unique are we allowed to make the echoes? Are we allowed to give them longer/shorter hitboxes and even some unique animations, or would that send them into semiclone territory? There's some characters I might consider voting for like Shadow and Kasumi, but I'm worried that constraining them strictly to Sonic/Joker's moveset would heavily limit them. I want to know just how far we can go with these Echoes before I cast my vote.
Since the prompt was limiting, you can be creative with submissions. That being said, something like Ken and Chrom is perfectly fine.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I said I wasn't going to submit anything but I had a really neat idea just now.
Banjo-Kazooie Echo: Yooka-Laylee

While Banjo-Kazooie is listed as elligible as an echo-able character in the list on the previous page...realistically, who from that series could be an echo of Banjo and Kazooie? That's why I'm submitting Yooka-Laylee, the main characters of the spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie. Considering the different abilities they have in their game and different body types than the bear and bird duo, Yooka-Laylee would be more of a Ken-style echo.
Now, why them? Well, first of all, I've already stated that there's not a lot of other characters who could echo Banjo and Kazooie. Second, it would be weird to have Yooka-Laylee in Smash and for them to not be similar to Banjo and Kazooie. Third, I don't think anyone's itching for another Playtonic character that isn't this duo.
But, they're not from the same company/series as Banjo and Kazooie!
Read and reread the rules of job 73. There is nothing against characters from a different series/company and, if I recall, Blaziken was allowed to be submitted as an echo of Captain Falcon. Same goes for Black Shadow and Ganondorf.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

While Banjo-Kazooie is listed as elligible as an echo-able character in the list on the previous page...realistically, who from that series could be an echo of Banjo and Kazooie? That's why I'm submitting Yooka-Laylee, the main characters of the spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie. Considering the different abilities they have in their game and different body types than the bear and bird duo, Yooka-Laylee would be more of a Ken-style echo.
Now, why them? Well, first of all, I've already stated that there's not a lot of other characters who could echo Banjo and Kazooie. Second, it would be weird to have Yooka-Laylee in Smash and for them to not be similar to Banjo and Kazooie. Third, I don't think anyone's itching for another Playtonic character that isn't this duo.
Read and reread the rules of job 73. There is nothing against characters from a different series/company and, if I recall, Blaziken was allowed to be submitted as an echo of Captain Falcon. Same goes for Black Shadow and Ganondorf.
I cannot imagine how that could possibly work.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I don't think the models would fit...

If you want to try something more fitting yet less orthodox, Nuts & Bolts's multiplayer mode had a Player 2 character(s) named "Grunty's Goons", who are basically robot versions of Banjo and Kazooie.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
keep in mind that this character is being revealed along with a resident evil character.

i cannot see mrs. pac man and jill valentine sharing a reveal.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
keep in mind that this character is being revealed along with a resident evil character.

i cannot see mrs. pac man and jill valentine sharing a reveal.
This is very true and something I was planning on touching on during the voting period.

While we will create Game Awards Show reveal, I can this one will have a Prompt and will involve something siniliar to what Joker got when initially revealed. Basically, it will involve the audience lol. So this echo needs to be able to interact with Jill in the trailer.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
One of the official criteria for an echo fighter is that they have to share the same hitbox, I just wanted to bring that up for the sake of future brevity. The lines get kinda blurry when you have characters like Dr. Mario but without going into too many semantics, a character marketed as an echo must mantain the same size and hitbox. I've seen several echo suggestions for characters that would not make sense to be classified as such because their body types wouldn't match.

I also hope people vote for who would make the most sense as an echo fighter and not just their favourite character. I'm gonna be real, I think Shadow can be more than an echo fighter despite the shared body type. He feels very semi-clone material and I'd be more than happy to vote for him for a future poll for an actual full new character.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
One of the official criteria for an echo fighter is that they have to share the same hitbox, I just wanted to bring that up for the sake of future brevity. The lines get kinda blurry when you have characters like Dr. Mario but without going into too many semantics, a character marketed as an echo must mantain the same size and hitbox. I've seen several echo suggestions for characters that would not make sense to be classified as such because their body types wouldn't match.

I also hope people vote for who would make the most sense as an echo fighter and not just their favourite character. I'm gonna be real, I think Shadow can be more than an echo fighter despite the shared body type. He feels very semi-clone material and I'd be more than happy to vote for him for a future poll for an actual full new character.
I was more thinking about the attacks, not the body. A decent number of the submissions feel like semiclone material, and I wanted to make sure the definition of an Echo would be less strict than in Ultimate before we voted on them.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Do you mean hurtbox-where they get hit on their body? If so, Daisy and Peach have slightly different hurtboxes while idle. I know that's not much to go off of, but it shows that there can be some slight variations-so like, Shadow would be fine even though he has raised spines on the back of his head.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I was more thinking about the attacks, not the body. A decent number of the submissions feel like semiclone material, and I wanted to make sure the definition of an Echo would be less strict than in Ultimate before we voted on them.
Our Octoling echo was pretty damn unique. That’s why I think characters like Rock and Shadow could probably work.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Considering this is a Game Awards Third Party Echo, we can be a bit more liberal with how we apply the Echo properties. The basis should still be the fighter the character is echoing but we can change a special attack or two and give the character unique properties.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Do you mean hurtbox-where they get hit on their body? If so, Daisy and Peach have slightly different hurtboxes while idle. I know that's not much to go off of, but it shows that there can be some slight variations-so like, Shadow would be fine even though he has raised spines on the back of his head.
Okay first, TIL, didn't know their idle animations differed. But second and most importantly, I'm referring to such drastic echo choices that are chosen because the characters are similar in concept (I've seen Baby Mario & Baby Luigi be suggested as echoes for the Ice Climbers before)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Okay first, TIL, didn't know their idle animations differed. But second and most importantly, I'm referring to such drastic echo choices that are chosen because the characters are similar in concept (I've seen Baby Mario & Baby Luigi be suggested as echoes for the Ice Climbers before)
That would be an example of an idea that wouldn’t fly. Same with Minun & Plusle for Ice Climbers, Toon Zelda for Zelda, etc.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #74: Jeanne (Bayonetta Echo)

Bayonetta's rival/best friend, Jeanne is an important character in the Bayonetta games and is playable in both. In Bayonetta, Jeanne plays exactly like the titular character, with the exception of dealing and taking more damage, and lacking the ability to induce Witch Time, so I think she fits the role of Echo very well. (Her weapons are even reskins of Bayonetta's weapons) She would have two alts, with her designs from Bayo 1 and 2. I've seen her suggested as an Echo a lot so I figured the option should be there.

Echo Submission: Big Boss

I never suspected Liquid Snake getting in but I want to up the ante and submit the man who started it all: Big Boss.

Big Boss is the father of the three Snakes: Liquid, Solid and one more that I forgot the name to. He first started out assisting as the leader of FOXHOUND but they two would eventually clash as Big Boss had alternative plans. He would eventually become playable in Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. He would functions similar to Snake in almost every way but be a bit more heftier and focused on all out power. As for the model, we could go with his models in the aforementioned games or his older appearance in earlier games.
Uh, mild nitpick, but the man in that picture isn't Big Boss.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
As the resident SNK shill here I personally don't think a a Rock Howard echo over Terry makes the least bit of sense. They have way different build and body sizes and their movesets are more different than they are similar. Not only are most of their normals different, but so are their specials. The only moves that both Terry and Rock have in common are Crack Shoot and Rising Tackle. Rock doesn't have a Power Dunk, Power Wave, Burning Knuckle, Buster Wolf, Power Geyser, etc..

This isn't a simple Ken-Ryu situation, Ken originated as a clone of Ryu in the Street Fighter games. Hence why they all have the same specials in Smash. Rock Howard is an original fighter that has some Terry-inspired moves and some Geese ones. Not only will you be giving him entirely new moves as an echo (both normals and specials), but you'll be giving him new standing/run animations and you'll have to base him on a totally different model as well (Terry and Rock are completely different in build). And at that point... Rock would just be an entirely different character, not an echo.

If you think that 2 characters that can only share 2 specials with each other, while completely being different in build and therefore needing an entirely new model, could work as echoes of each other. Then I need to inform you, that's not really how echoes work lol.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
At this point the term "Echo Fighter" pretty much means whatever we want tbh. there have been so many conflicting ideas and realities for what an echo means.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
At this point the term "Echo Fighter" pretty much means whatever we want tbh. there have been so many conflicting ideas and realities for what an echo means.
I think the general idea is still "Fighter largely based off another's data." Though, I also think we should be allowed some more freedom than in Ultimate, like longer reach for attacks and a couple new normals and specials here and there, but they should still largely reuse their basis' attacks and properties. Basically, I think light/borderline semiclones should be allowed too.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job 73:
Yu Narukami (Fighter #71e)

Yu Narukami is the protagonist of Persona 4 and its enhanced version, Persona 4 Golden as well as it various spinoffs. He is the leader of the Investigation Team who is trying to discover the mysteries involving the Midnight Channel and the strange murders in the sleepy town of Inaba. His main persona is Izanagi.

Why pick Yu?
Persona 4 and its characters have received a resurgence of popularity last year after Persona 4 Golden was released on Steam.

For gameplay differences between Joker, I think that besides replacing Arsene with Izanagi (and changing the aesthetics) would be changing Joker's neutral special and recovery special to something more fitting to Narukami, as well as adjusting the hitboxes for Joker's knife attacks.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
This also extend to Kasumi as well, despite what people might tell you Kasumi can't work as Joker's echo no matter what. First off her height is very different evidence by this image

Second is her weapon which is too long to compensate for Joker's dagger.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
This also extend to Kasumi as well, despite what people might tell you Kasumi can't work as Joker's echo no matter what. First off her height is very different evidence by this image

Second is her weapon which is too long to compensate for Joker's dagger.
To be fair, aren't Chrom and Lucina about the same height in Smash when canonically the former is taller than the latter? I think we can make a couple liberties regarding height.

The range of attacks bit I thought of was mainly derived from her. I think Joker's agile movements could mostly be applied to her rapier, but there'd be some attacks where it wouldn't quite fit, like the jab and up tilt. If we're going Ken-style, I think she could just fit, but I could also see why some people would be a bit hesitant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom