• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
1. Leon S. Kennedy - Having Leon alongside Jill just feels right to me. It’s a lot like Simon and Richter, as you have the OG protagonist alongside the fan favorite. I feel that the current moveset we have for Jill would fit Leon really well, plus it would be fun to build an echo fighter off of one of Infinite’s original movesets.

2. Proto Man - I just like Proto Man. Plus, I really want Mega Man to have an echo because of all the unique custom specials from Smash 4 that aren’t currently being used. He could use all of the same abilities as Mega Man, but could also use a lot of abilities that differ from Mega Man, so there are a lot of options when creating a moveset for him. I think it would be cool if he was mostly 1-to-1 with Mega Man, but had completely unique specials.

I came close to voting Shadow, but I would much rather have Eggman (or Kiryu, or maybe Arle) as our Sega newcomer.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
  1. Leon
  2. Proto Man
I did consider Shadow, Ms. Pac-Man, Violet, and Heroine, but ultimately I don't think it's worth "wasting" a company on a simple Echo. We already have a Capcom fighter in the base game, so it's no big loss. They could easily work in the trailer well, too; Leon is literally just more Resident Evil, and Proto Man could just be a called over to help.

I agree that PeridotGX PeridotGX that Coco would be make no sense in a RE trailer unless we want some serious whiplash as zombies invade, and even then, why didn't we just show her off with Crash?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Super Smash Bros. Infinite Content
Below is a list of content confirmed for Super Smash Bros. Infinite and has a presence on the Super Smash Bros. Infinite wiki
Game
Characters
Newcomers
Veterans
Stages
Items
Assist Trophies
Mona
Pokeball Pokemon
Boss Spheres
Duon
Marx
Mii Fighter Costumes Headgear
Skeleton Skull​
Firefighter Hat​
Zombie Mask​
Gorilla Mask​
Superhero Mask​
Royal Gentleman's Hat & Wig​
Royal Lady's Wig​
Elf Cap​
Knight Helmet​
Diving Suit Helmet​
Gangster Cap​
Primid Mask​
Bowser's Mask​
Pauline Hat & Wig​
Tingle Cap​
Pomemon Trainer (Male) Cap​
Pokemon Trainer (Female) Cap​
Ball Guy Mask​
Ness's Cap​
Kumatora's Wig​
Robin (Male) Wig​
Robin (Female) Wig​
Gatekeeper Helmet​
Captain Syrup Bandana & Wig​
Garret Wig​
Raiden Mask & Wig​
Joker's Mask & Wig​
Terry's Hat & Wig​
Crash Cap​
Reporter's Wig​
Wrestler's Mask​
Mr. X's Mask & Hat​
Mii Brawler
Dinosaur Suit​
Firefighter Outfit​
Zombie Outfit​
Gorilla with a Cage Suit​
Primid Outfit​
Bowser Outfit​
Pauline Outfit​
Tingle Outfit​
Pokemon Trainer (Male & Female) Outfit​
Ball Guy Outfit​
Captain Syrupt Outfit​
Terry Outfit​
Crash Outfit​
Rinfside Outfit​
Mr. X Outfit​
Mii Swordfighter
Chef Outfit​
Royal (Male & Female) Outfit​
Santa's Elf Outfit​
Neandrathal Outfit​
Knight Armor Outfit​
Ness's Outfit​
Robin (Male & Female) Outfit​
Gatekeeper Outfit​
Garret Outfit​
Raiden Outfit​
Joker Outfit​
Mii Gunner
Diving Suit Outfit​
Gangster Outfit​
Kumatora Outfit​
Modes
Spirits
ARMS
Music
ARMS
Miscellaneous Information
To those wondering, I posted this in the front page

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Lol here are some more RE Spirits a bit out of the blue, will vote later cause this decision is hard

steve_burnside_render_1_by_snakeff7_d3ad4b2-fullview.png.png
Steve Burnside (Resident Evil CODE: Veronica) (Artwork: Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles)
Class: ★★
Type: Support Shield
Effect: Can Evolve
  • Puppet Fighter: Camo Snake [Will change if Leon wins]
  • Stage: Raccoon City
  • Music Track: The Code is Veronica (New Remix)
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • Favors Side Special
    • The enemy gets a major stat boost when badly damaged
9fc6aa28ab80af275f6b767e7d8f54fd (1).png
Steve Burnside (Mutated) (Resident Evil CODE: Veronica)
Class: ★★★
Type: Support
Effect: Weapon Attack ↑↑
  • Evolve from the Steve Burnside Spirit
Haos10.png
HAOS (Resident Evil 6) (Artwork: Minna to BIOHAZARD Clan Master)
Class: ★★★
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Giant
  • Puppet Fighter: Squirtle
  • Stage: Wrecking Crew
  • Music Track: empty cause waiting for a better track....
  • Match: Time (30s)
  • Conditions:
    • Join forces with a CPU ally (Snake)
    • You lose if your CPU ally is KO'd
    • The enemy is Giant

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm not voting for any Capcom characters because I want us to be able to include more of their franchises through DLC. This is the perfect place to reveal Leon but I feel he isn't worth taking out so much potential in one go.

1. Shadow - he's easily one of the most glaring omissions in Ultimate and he's very popular so I think he'd make sense for a TGA reveal.
2. Ms. Pac-Man - I think she makes sense as an Echo and she's super iconic and influential so I'd like to have her as a fighter. Plus it'd be super fitting of Nintendo to finally add a second Bamco character and have it be Ms. Pac-Man.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
How is Yu Narukami even eligible to be an echo? Unless you've given Joker a Persona-swapping mechanic and intend for him and Yu to share the same roster of Personas, I don't see any remote way they could play similarly. One wields a katana, the other a dagger. Their stances are completely different. Their Personas are completely different, both in elemental type and in utility. It's A. Relatively unfeasible for them to be echoes unless you take major liberties, and B. would be a huge waste of Narukami's potential. He'd share more in common with Marth or Roy than with Joker, as far as the way he swings his weapon.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
How is Yu Narukami even eligible to be an echo? Unless you've given Joker a Persona-swapping mechanic and intend for him and Yu to share the same roster of Personas, I don't see any remote way they could play similarly. One wields a katana, the other a dagger. Their stances are completely different. Their Personas are completely different, both in elemental type and in utility. It's A. Relatively unfeasible for them to be echoes unless you take major liberties, and B. would be a huge waste of Narukami's potential. He'd share more in common with Marth or Roy than with Joker, as far as the way he swings his weapon.
Tbh, I mainly voted him just so it wouldn't go to anyone else as I really want Leon. Yosuke Hanamura is the only Persona character I can think of that can even come close to being a Joker echo, and even then I don't think it'd work.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I feel like you should be able to vote for your own submission for things like this. For more "personalized" things like movesets, it makes sense, but Shadow or Proto Man are obviously going to be submitted, you can just wait for someone else to submit them so you can vote for them. And it would help the underdogs, as the person who nominated them are far more likely to vote for them, giving them more votes and potentially taking away votes from big contenders.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Tbh, I mainly voted him just so it wouldn't go to anyone else as I really want Leon. Yosuke Hanamura is the only Persona character I can think of that can even come close to being a Joker echo, and even then I don't think it'd work.
I mean I get that but it was more just me addressing the fact that Yu can't really work as a Joker echo in general haha

Violet's my favorite Persona girl, and she's the most visually similar to Joker, but she wouldn't work either. Rapiers and Rifles do not equate to daggers and pistols.

On top of that, if we wanna give Persona more fighter personality, I have an alternative suggestion... would that be alright to post, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom ? It's not an echo, or even a new fighter, it's an expansion to Joker's kit.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I feel like you should be able to vote for your own submission for things like this. For more "personalized" things like movesets, it makes sense, but Shadow or Proto Man are obviously going to be submitted, you can just wait for someone else to submit them so you can vote for them. And it would help the underdogs, as the person who nominated them are far more likely to vote for them, giving them more votes and potentially taking away votes from big contenders.
I’ll consider it. My only issue with allowing people to vote for theirs that, in regards to ranked voting, people will automatically throw the 3 or 2 points to their own submission which could skew the votes. It’s still a process I’m finetuning do any advice is helpful.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I’ll consider it. My only issue with allowing people to vote for theirs that, in regards to ranked voting, people will automatically throw the 3 or 2 points to their own submission which could skew the votes. It’s still a process I’m finetuning do any advice is helpful.
Maybe only allow people to vote for theirs with one point?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
That doesn't sound too bad. It'll make it closer, with more surprising upsets.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ll mull it over. I keep on forgetting that the Spirit Theme Event is now over. Thank you Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto for a fun theme and for everyone for submitting fighting-game based spirits. We will continue adding Resident Evil spirits before we head into our next Spirit Theme.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I have 4 resi spirits, Sorry if any of these have been submitted before
Alcina Dimetriscu [Resident Evil Village]
Class: Ace
Type: Support, Neutral 2slot
Effect: Giant
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultbayonetta1: White alt
  • Stage: Luigi's Mansion
  • Music Track: Mansion Basement
  • Match: Stamina
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is giant
    • The enemy is slow but has super armor
    • The enemy likes to taunt
Ethan Winters [Resident Evil VII]
Class: Advanced
Type: Neutral, primary 2slots
Effect: Trade off defense
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultfox: green alt
  • Stage: Luigi's Mansion Omega
  • Music Track: Garage
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy likes items
    • The enemy likes to use neutral special
    • Timed Battle.
Sheva Alomar [Resident Evil 5]
Type: Primary Attack 3slots
Effect: N/A
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultwiifittrainer: default
  • Stage: Mushroomy Kingdom Omega
  • Music Track: Sad but True
  • Match: 1 Stock
  • Conditions:
    • The Enemy starts the battle with a Steel Diver
    • The enemy has increased speed

Rebecca Chambers [Resident Evil]
Type: Primary Defense 3 slot
Effect: N/A
  • Puppet Fighter: Jill Valentine
  • Minion: :ultlittlemac:
  • Stage: Raccoon City
  • Music Track: Save Room
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat the main fighter to win
    • The enemies projectile attacks have increased damage
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Ray gun (little mac)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not to distract us from voting but our development department plans to submit this list of negotiations regarding the Twitter stage and Twitter’s involvement:
  1. Removal of the name “Jack Dorsey Outfit” to “CEO Outfit”
  2. Regulating the Larry the Bird Mii Costume to Headgear
  3. Include Larry the Bird, Retweet, and Twitter Blue Spirits
  4. Further Twitter related spirits are up the discretion of the Infinite development team
  5. Twitter won’t have a representative fighter
  6. Twitter will have an Universe which is unlocked by connecting the player’s Twitter account to Infinite
  7. Twitter can request additional content but it’s up to the desertion of the development team
If you agree with these list of negotiations, please like the post. If you dont, quote it and let me know why. I will be sending these to the Twitter representative regarding the company’s involvement in Infinite in 24 hours.

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Not to distract us from voting but our development department plans to submit this list of negotiations regarding the Twitter stage and Twitter’s involvement:
  1. Removal of the name “Jack Dorsey Outfit” to “CEO Outfit”
  3. Include Larry the Bird, Retweet, and Twitter Blue Spirits
  4. Further Twitter related spirits are up the discretion of the Infinite development team
  5. Twitter won’t have a representative fighter
  6. Twitter will have an Universe which is unlocked by connecting the player’s Twitter account to Infinite
  7. Twitter can request additional content but it’s up to the desertion of the development team
If you agree with these list of negotiations, please like the post. If you dont, quote it and let me know why. I will be sending these to the Twitter representative regarding the company’s involvement in Infinite in 24 hours.
What does it mean for Twitter to have a Universe? Does that mean the stage or did I miss something important?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
What does it mean for Twitter to have a Universe? Does that mean the stage or did I miss something important?
Series symbol basically. It's a term used by the SmashWiki.

If Twitter has it's own universe, the stage's symbol will be Larry. If it doesn't, the stage's symbol will be the Smash cross.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the current up-to-date universes in Smash Infinite

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
  1. Include Larry the Bird, Retweet, and Twitter Blue Spirits
My only contention is that I don't think the retweet button is necessary. If cutting that is going too far, I think replacing it with a heart for like is much less egregious.

Echoes:
1. Leon - makes sense to be revealed alongside Jill
2. Mecha Sonic - Quite frankly a no brainer

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I agree with all the terms except for this one
Even though having Larry as a headgear probably makes more sense, I think having him as a full on costume would be an option. And even better, a good option.
Okay, but this is what Mr. Twitter asked for, we should maliciously agree and get one of the ironic best costumes in the game (how I'm imagining it in my mind, it would be one of the goofiest looking skins, and I would love that). Everything else I think is top priority, but I think having a full-Larry costume is ay-okay.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
OogaBooga!
View attachment 308299
Obviously these will need to be traced over as they're not really professional in this state, but they're still an improvement over the existing symbols IMO
I wouldn’t mind redesigning the Rhythm Heaven symbol but we will be keeping with the Crash Bandicoot one. airConditioner airConditioner handled all of our series symbols so I would like to hear from them about as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom