• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #72
Spencer Mansion

Spencer Mansion takes place outside the mansion rather than inside. Layout wise it has an upside down Battlefield platform layout with a walled bottom platform. This allows it to be suitable for competitive play with hazards off.

With hazards on, a small blue cloud of C-virus (no relation) will sometimes appear on stage, if you jump or get knocked into it you’ll become a zombie. Zombies have a unique, slumped over idle animation. They also have the red eyes used by Dharkon’s clones. If they are human or highly human-like they also gain cartoonish green skin. Zombies are EXTREMELY powerful, with every move’s power being doubled and their weight being slightly increased, however they also take continual damage and KOing them takes away two points from them, one for them and another for the virus. Zombification wears off either after 30 seconds or upon KO. There can only be one zombie at a time.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job #72

Raccoon City Police Department

The making of Resident Evil 2 Remake's Raccoon City Police Department | PC  Gamer

The main setting of Resident Evil 2 (and it's remake), as well as one of the settings visited in Resident Evil 3 (and it's remake).

One of the most iconic locales in the Resident Evil series, here is the place where Leon and Claire are terrorized by zombies, lickers, and the Tyrant monster Mr. X, throughout the second game, and where Jill and Carlos also visit during their ordeal in Raccoon City. It would not only do a great job representing Jill, but in case we add either Leon or Claire later on, it would represent them as well.

The stage will be a traveling stage starting in the lobby as above in the first picture, and traveling to various parts of the station and possibly Raccoon City, including the garage, the clock tower, the rooftop, etc.

Players might also encounter an unwelcome Mr. X rampaging through the halls at some sections......

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Here are some fighting game spirits...
9098AC95-8492-46B7-8873-A8F17F826FD6.png
Shadow Mewtwo
Debut Game: Pokkén Tournament
Legend Class Attack Primary (Strong Throw)
Song: N’s Castle
Stage: Pokémon Stadium 2
Opponents: Mewtwo (Black Alt)
Conditions: There is high gravity, The opponent will randomly have a final smash
1616078072941.png
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000
Debut Game: Ittle Dew
Novice Class Support (Battering Items Up)
Song: Loonboon
Stage: Great Cave Offensive
Opponents: King Dedede (Light Blue Alt)
Conditions: The opponent taunts often, The opponent reflects projectiles.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
View attachment 307751Shadow Mewtwo
Conditions: There is high gravity, The opponent will randomly have a final smash
View attachment 307720Ultra Fishbunjin 3000
Shadow Mewtwo is disqualified due to being an alt of Mewtwo.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
View attachment 307751Shadow Mewtwo
View attachment 307720Ultra Fishbunjin 3000
Actually, Shadow Mewtwo isn't eligible. We already made them a Fighter Spirit.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job 72: Jill's Stances & Idle Animations
Standing Stance
Her stance features her with both of her fists out, more specifically in a loose southpaw stance. Like her MvC2 sprite, which the Smash stance is directly referencing. However in Smash, Jill's stance moves at a slightly slower pace, not by much though. With her handgun on her hip, as means to a quick access to her Neutral Special, she is ready to fight!
jill-mvc2-stance.gif
Crouching Stance
Jill crouches on one knee. Like in MvC2, she still has both of her fists out, but while kneeling on one knee.
jill-crouch.gif
Idle Animation #1
Jill stops moving and rests her head on her hand and goes into a thinking position, with her eyes looking up as she's thinking of a plan on how she'll be surviving the on-going battle. A reference to her Idle animation in Resident Evil.
Idle Animation #2
Jill suddenly stops moving and slowly looks behind herself with a little visible sweat drop on her face. Hey, who knows, there just might be a zombie behind you right now!

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 72
Raccoon City

Location - Cant find a picture of the area im looking for but im thinking the downtown ish area used in the RE3 remake demo near the sub station. Linked a video up above at least kinda showing where that is. Specifically the long stretch from the station past the area with the donut shop all the way off to the fence thats holding the zombies back. The buildings in between function as platforms. So in general, this is a longer version of Onett. The left side of the map by the sub station entrance is a walk off while the right has a border held up by a fence.

Hazards - Every so often zombies will appear on stage. They arrive from the stairway back where the donut shop is, the fence on the right border, and the allyway next to the sub station. You can see them gathering up on the fence to the street and the one to the ally way. They will gather on the fence and in the ally for a bit. If enough zombies show up they will break through onto the stage and attack the fighters. However, you can kill them with basic attacks to keep the numbers down. When Zombies invade they target players closest to them and will swarm them. If attacked by enough zombies at once they'll create a pitfall effect that keep the player down during the attack, causing a lot of damage. When the right side of the border is destroyed that side also becomes a walk off area.

Cameos - Carlos may appear from the Subway station and attack zombies on the stage if too many show up. If you perform a successful taunt in front of him while that's going on he'll attack other players for you as well. Also, Nemesis has a small chance to show up and stalk one player across the map, attacking anything that gets in his way in pursuit of that player. He will stalk that player until either they're KO'd, he takes enough damage, or if you evade him for a full minute.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Here's the music doc we have. You can only add songs to series that aren't listed as LOCKED.
Also, don't go overboard and add several for one series.
Alright. So what are the rules on licensed music? I noticed that Moon River was listed for Bayonetta, but realistically speaking that song would never get in due to the rights not being held by any of the companies involved with Smash, as it's an Americana classic from the 60s and has yet to enter the public domain yet.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright. So what are the rules on licensed music? I noticed that Moon River was listed for Bayonetta, but realistically speaking that song would never get in due to the rights not being held by any of the companies involved with Smash, as it's an Americana classic from the 60s and has yet to enter the public domain yet.
I will look into removing it if licensing it would be an issue

could the music cap be increased for Mario a little?

there's a song I really want to add
Once we get our RE stage finalized, I’ll add a category for it and then raise a few cake along with it.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Here's a spirit suggestion. Yes, this series has appeared on Nintendo before, on both the Wii and Game Boy.

View attachment 307769
1616101533385.png
Sakura Shinguji
Debut Game: Sakura Taisen
Legend Class | Attack Primary (Weapon Attack Up)
Song: Geki! Teikoku Kagekidan (If Allowed)/Trouble Brewing II
Stage: Reset Bomb Forest (After Explosion)
Puppet Fighter: Lucina (Pink Alt)/Chrom (White/Orange Alt)
Conditions: The enemy will have a sudden Final Smash (Lucina) |
All Fighters are slow but have super armor | Hostile Assist Trophies will appear (Squid Sisters)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Here's a spirit suggestion. Yes, this series has appeared on Nintendo before, on both the Wii and Game Boy.

View attachment 307769View attachment 307768Sakura Shinguji
Debut Game: Sakura Taisen
Legend Class | Attack Primary (Weapon Attack Up)
Song: Geki! Teikoku Kagekidan (If Allowed)/Trouble Brewing II
Stage: Reset Bomb Forest (After Explosion)
Puppet Fighter: Lucina (Pink Alt)/Chrom (White/Orange Alt)
Conditions: The enemy will have a sudden Final Smash (Lucina) |
All Fighters are slow but have super armor | Hostile Assist Trophies will appear (Squid Sisters)
There is currently a Spirit Theme for submissions themed around Fighting Games and Beat 'em ups so she doesn't really qualify

(Also I want to protect Sakura but the process is weird now.)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry, I was not aware there was a theme thing. I can reserve this for a future submission, then, I take it?
Sure. We had issues off people submitting way too many Spirits, some Spirits coming from titles never appearing on a Nintendo system or being waaaay too obscure, Spirits lacking important information, and some series gave a Spirit over saturation like Persona compared to others like Star Fox or F-Zero. In addition, the open submissions were more so to fill up our Spirit roster to show off at E3.

You can submit Sakura Shinji during an opening submission period or if a theme calls for it but people are free to nominate her. If that’s the case, she could be promoted to a fighter if she wins votes. If she cant get promoted by the last smash Direct in November (I’m within our current timeline, it’s currently December) date, then she remains as a spirit.

You can view our list of spirits here

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
So what happens if one of the characters we added to the roster ends up being one of the last two FP2 characters?
Basically they become one of our veterans, and the second place submission replaces them, provided they are suitable. For example If Crash gets in, second place would replace him who was Phoenix Wright. However, since we added another Capcom Rep, Jill, relatively closely to when Pheonix would be substituted, we would instead go with third place who was Dr. Eggman.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Basically they become one of our veterans, and the second place submission replaces them, provided they are suitable. For example If Crash gets in, second place would replace him who was Phoenix Wright. However, since we added another Capcom Rep, Jill, relatively closely to when Pheonix would be substituted, we would instead go with third place who was Dr. Eggman.
This is correct but CheeseAnton was also correct that, while we would regulate the character to veteran status, they would retain the moveset and content we crafted for them. This also applies for stages as well.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Sure. We had issues off people submitting way too many Spirits, some Spirits coming from titles never appearing on a Nintendo system or being waaaay too obscure, Spirits lacking important information, and some series gave a Spirit over saturation like Persona compared to others like Star Fox or F-Zero. In addition, the open submissions were more so to fill up our Spirit roster to show off at E3.

You can submit Sakura Shinji during an opening submission period or if a theme calls for it but people are free to nominate her. If that’s the case, she could be promoted to a fighter if she wins votes. If she cant get promoted by the last smash Direct in November (I’m within our current timeline, it’s currently December) date, then she remains as a spirit.

You can view our list of spirits here
How would I go about nominating her?

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Off the top of my head, the moveset we come up with them goes to the veteran changes and we pick the character that got second place in the voting to replace them.
This is correct but CheeseAnton was also correct that, while we would regulate the character to veteran status, they would retain the moveset and content we crafted for them. This also applies for stages as well.
I see, thanks for the information everyone!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
How would I go about nominating her?
For a Spirit or a Fighter?

If a Spirit, during one of our general spirit submissions periods or during a Spirit Theme Event. We’ve been busy backing up and transferring our spirits over to the wikia so that’s another reason why it was stopped to give our team so time to work on that. I would like to get general spirit submissions opened before our big Smash Direct scheduled for April (within our development timeline).

Fighter submissions are carefully scripted but, if she fits the criteria for the job, then nominating her wouldn’t be an issue.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
For a Spirit or a Fighter?

If a Spirit, during one of our general spirit submissions periods or during a Spirit Theme Event. We’ve been busy backing up and transferring our spirits over to the wikia so that’s another reason why it was stopped to give our team so time to work on that. I would like to get general spirit submissions opened before our big Smash Direct scheduled for April (within our development timeline).

Fighter submissions are carefully scripted but, if she fits the criteria for the job, then nominating her wouldn’t be an issue.
For a fighter. As the owner of her thread here on the boards, I feel it is my duty to nominate her.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For a fighter. As the owner of her thread here on the boards, I feel it is my duty to nominate her.
The only issue I see with her submission is a very specific and situational one.You may submit her into newcomer voting but if Crash gets into Fighter Pass 2, then Dr Eggman will be included into our roster in place of Crash. We would then have our Sega launch character which would mean that Sakura wouldn’t be eligible until our DLC season. We limit one unique character per third party company for the launch roster.

Now, if we add Sakura or any other Sega rep including Dr Eggman before, theoretically, Crash is revealed for the Fighter Pass 2, then we go to our fourth place winner as she is our Sega rep which means both Phoenix and Eggman would be within our potential DLC picks

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The only issue I see with her submission is a very specific and situational one.You may submit her into newcomer voting but if Crash gets into Fighter Pass 2, then Dr Eggman will be included into our roster in place of Crash. We would then have our Sega launch character which would mean that Sakura wouldn’t be eligible until our DLC season. We limit one unique character per third party company for the launch roster.

Now, if we add Sakura or any other Sega rep including Dr Eggman before, theoretically, Crash is revealed for the Fighter Pass 2, then we go to our fourth place winner.
Where would I go to submit her?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
you submit her in this thread if we are doing a job where she's eligible
Our next third party submission will be in our April Smash Direct. Our current development timeline (as opposed to right now in real life) is December after the Game Awards Show. We have a first party character submission in February.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I guess since we're talking about it, what would happen if we have a character become redundant based on a dlc character? So for example what happens if we added Rex and Pyra before Pyra and Mythra were added?
I have an answer for that but currently busy for the moment.

Ok quick answer. I don’t see it being an issue. The only issue I see is if we get a Rhythm Heaven rep in FP 2 like Chorus Kids or Karate Joe that Has the Rhythm mechanic or summons RH characters. Basically everything Barista does. I don’t currently have an answer to that question but my gut feeling is to go with the 2nd most voted series and include them OR include another RH rep that works differently.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Fighting Spirits, Round 2!
A81FEAE8-A3BC-404B-A818-7D6703EAAEBF.jpeg
Castle Crashers
Debut Game: Castle Crashers
Advanced Class Neutral Primary (Magic Attack Up)
Song: Rayman Legends Main Theme
Stage: Pokémon Stadium
Opponents: 4 Links (Red Alt, Green Alt, Default Alt, Yellow Alt)
Each fighter would spawn one at a time, just to clarify.
Conditions: Enemy Reinforcements will spawn when an opponent is K.O.ed
BD8FA8EC-309E-426F-881A-AAC53EB36498.png
Wrestler Kirby
Debut Game: Kirby Fighters 2
Advanced Class Support (Strong Throw)
Song: Butter Building
Stage: Castle Dedede
Opponents: Kirby (Red Alt)
Conditions: The opponent favors grabs and throws (Specifically Up Throw)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Captain Commando.png Captain Commando
Class: :starman::starman::starman::starman:
Type: Primary (Shield)
Slots: ⬡⬡⬡
Effect: Special Move Power +
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultfalcon: (Color 8)
  • Minions:
    • :ultsheik: (Color 4)
    • :ultgreninja: (default)
    • :ultbowserjr:
  • Stage: New Donk City Hall (Battlefield)
  • Music Track: ST01 Roll Out, Wonderful 100!
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • Take your strongest team into this no-frills battle
Mack.png Mack the Knife (Captain Commando)
Class: :starman::starman:
Type: Support (Grab)
Cost: ⬡
Effect: Thrown Item +
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultsheik: (Color 4)
  • Stage: :mky: (Battlefield)
  • Music Track: Underground Theme - Super Mario Land
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy favors neutral specials
    • The enemy's throwing items have increased power
Ginzu.png Ginzu the Ninja (Captain Commando)
Class: :starman::starman:
Type: Support (Attack)
Cost: ⬡
Effect: Smoke Ball Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultgreninja: (default)
  • Stage: Suzaku Castle
  • Music Track: Ninja College
  • Item: Smoke Ball
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Killing Edge
Baby Head.png Baby Head (Captain Commando)
Class: :starman:
Type: Primary (Neutral)
Slots: ⬡
Effect: N/A

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I also found this. Both seem pretty good ideas

That's also good but I'm sticking with the original RE3 soundtrack, the one you posted feel like it lack a buildup, feel more like a sudden jumpsscare (not blaming the sloppy editing) rather than building up suspense which fits the series horror survival genre more and also lack that victory flare.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be closing submissions for the Resident Evil stage within four hours. Please make any last minute submissions if you can. We will also proceed with negotiations with Twitter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom