• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So to reiterate, here’s our current roster:
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Octoling (Echo)
Waluigi
Crash
Stylist
Ashley
Medusa (Echo)
Barista
Jill Valentine

I never would have imagined we would have this roster but I like it for the most part. It has a particular strong initial female presence which is nice and pays homage to current speculation trends, persisting popular picks, legacy characters, and the feel oddballs
This might be a weird complaint to have, but this doesn't really feel like a real newcomer selection. Like, with the exception of the Stylist and maybe Barista, these are all characters who are commonly talked about within Smash speculation. I don't know, it just makes me nervous that we might be letting our biases take over, whether we want them to or not.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Perkilator
Mr. Robotto
This might be a weird complaint to have, but this doesn't really feel like a real newcomer selection. Like, with the exception of the Stylist and maybe Barista, these are all characters who are commonly talked about within Smash speculation. I don't know, it just makes me nervous that we might be letting our biases take over, whether we want them to or not.
What's wrong with having multiple highly requested characters in the base game? Ultimate had Ridley, K. Rool, Daisy, Inkling, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Simon Belmont, all as newcomers.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Feel like we need an oddball 3rd party to equalize the roster

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Perkilator
Mr. Robotto

What's wrong with having multiple highly requested characters in the base game? Ultimate had Ridley, K. Rool, Daisy, Inkling, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Simon Belmont, all as newcomers.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. It just feels like we have TOO MANY highly requested characters. I feel like we should get some more "out there" picks to balance it out.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I think allowing for RE characters to be submitted alongside other third parties would be the best course of action, as it would allow for more variety. Although, Personally I dont think Jill is particularly suited for an echo. Leon and Chris are both taller than her, and Isabelle was made an original fighter due to the height difference with Villager, so I think its something to consider. I suppose Claire could echo Jill, but I dont think Claire should be in over Leon or Chris, so I think Jill works best as a stand alone. Regardless, Having RE as an option to submit is the best course to take imo.
Why sont you have nemesis as the fighter or something, would make a nice tanky character, maybe mr x

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. It just feels like we have TOO MANY highly requested characters. I feel like we should get some more "out there" picks to balance it out.
I agree with this. Obviously since this is a Smash fantasy roster game made by Smash fans it was going to go in that direction a bit but if I had one issue to take with the roster so far it would be that. Feels like it's starting to correct itself a bit now but it would be nice to get some more under speculated names in there too

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
1. Mr. Robotto

I’m abstaining from my second vote. All of the moveset submissions were great, but Mr. Robotto’s just does it for me.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Voting for:

1. Adrianette Bromide
2. GoodGrief741

All submissions were great, but I generally prefer the movesets that don't focus on switching weapons and rather have a focus on inventory and resource management. As I believe that is the main gameplay appeal and focus of the RE games, especially the older ones. I believe a weapon switch gimmick could work better for other possible characters down the line and overlapping gimmicks is something I'd like to prevent.

Can't wait to add some more RE content with you guys, looking forward to it!

(Also about the Spirit Theme, I'll announce it later today if that's okay with Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom of course?)

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Jill Valentine moveset:
1. Mr. Robotto
2. GoodGrief741

Regarding our newcomer selection, I'm very pleased with it personally. It may lean towards popular picks, but with plurality voting thats bound to happen. I think we've seen quite a few sleeper picks as well, with Stylist, Barista, and Jill so I don't really see it as a problem so far. Plus I mean popular picks are mostly popular because of their likelihood of getting in, and how well they could work in Smash, so it would be weird for a lot of them to not be in tbh.

Bandana Dee is my first most wanted, Waluigi is my second most wanted, Octoling is my most wanted echo, and Barista wasn't previously one of my most wanted but definitely is now, after making the moveset, reveal trailer, and a bunch of the spirits. At this point I'm pretty much fine with any character getting in, since all my lads are already in. (I will be starting a Grovyle & Celebi propaganda campaign whenever we get a pokemon prompt however).

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Voting for:

1. Adrianette Bromide
2. GoodGrief741

All submissions were great, but I generally prefer the movesets that don't focus on switching weapons and rather have a focus on inventory and resource management. As I believe that is the main gameplay appeal and focus of the RE games, especially the older ones. I believe a weapon switch gimmick could work better for other possible characters down the line and overlapping gimmicks is something I'd like to prevent.

Can't wait to add some more RE content with you guys, looking forward to it!

(Also about the Spirit Theme, I'll announce it later today if that's okay with Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom of course?)
Yep! Feel free to at any time

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So what is Jill Valetine's stage, that's is something I'm interested in
In order to avoid getting overwhelmed, we focus on one or two jobs at a time. Typically with character and related content, we vote for the character, add in the moveset, add additional info like taunts and Kirby hat stuff, and then focus on the stage as well as any related assist trophy, item, Mii costume, and/or boss. Finally, Spirit and Spirit Battle submissions as well as Music becomes open

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Spirit Theme
Fighting Games & Beat 'Em Ups!

The Capcom Series prompt gave me the impression that people still do want new content originating from Fighting Games in Smash. And with that genre being the game genre I play the most personally, I couldn't pass this occasion up. For a limited amount of time, we'll be accepting Spirits of characters that originate not only from Fighting Games, but Beat 'Em Ups as well!

This Spirit Theme exclusively includes the following, along with some series examples to help you get started:
  • 2D Traditional Fighting Games (ex. Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown)​
  • 3D Fighting Games (ex. Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur)​
  • Platform Fighters (ex. Rivals of Aether) (NO SMASH ORIGINAL SPIRITS)
  • Arena Fighting Games (ex. Power Stone, Ehrgeiz) (The Ehrgeiz part is a joke please don't submit any Ehrgeiz Spirits)​
  • Beat 'Em Ups (ex. Double Dragon, Final Fight, River City Ransom, Guacamelee, Viewtiful Joe)​
I've decided to exclude Smash Bros Original Characters in general, because I have a feeling there'd just be an influx of them. Also to clarify, submissions from Fighting Game spinoffs from series originally of other genres do count if those can fit into one of these subgenres. So yes, Pokkén Tournament and Sonic the Fighters for example do count.

This is a neat way to increase our Street Fighter and Fatal Fury Spirit List as well, so please submit any characters relating to those series as well. You can always check the many Spirits already present in Infinite to remind yourself which ones have already been submitted or not. Have fun!

Please, we advise you to use Krook's template for Spirit Submissions and only submit 3 Spirits at once. Thanks in advance.

While we're on the topic of submitting spirits I just want to mention the formatting of spirit posts. Right now the way that the inforamtion for a spirit battle is displayed varies depending on the submitter, so its not very cohesive, and some are missing information or use inconsistent language to describe the same things. This is the format I use and Venus has encouraged others to adopt it as well.

[Picture][Name] [(Game of Origin)]
Class:
Type: [Primary/Support)(Attack/Shield/Grab), # of slots
Effect:
  • Puppet Fighter: Fighter (Describe which alt)
  • Stage:
  • Music Track:
  • Match:
  • Conditions:
For Example: (This is a spirit I submitted already so it doesn't need to be added again)
Lana (Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Shield, 2 Slots
Effect: Electric Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin (Blue)
  • Stage: Temple
  • Music Track: Push Forward
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors neutral special, Hazard: Zap Floor

Here are some resources that I use when making my spirits that helps with keeping the skills they have accurate, as well as not creating a spirit thats already in the game.

I use this one to see which traits come alongside primary spirits

I use this to see which effects can be given by support spirits.

I use this to see what the in game text is for certain conditions.

I've also found that the Mario wiki has the most viewable list of already existing spirits, with the spirit battle details alongside it for inspiration.

I think that using the Wikia and the already existing google sheets will work going forward. Another thing to think about if we're regulating spirit submissions is that right now quite a few spirits use in the game sprite as their spirit art. There is precedent in Smash Ultimate for this happening with the Mother, Ice Climber, and Pac-Man series using in game sprites but usually if there's no official art of the character then its likely that they're not the kind of character who would get a spirit.

Personally I think R.O.B. is an exception and should be the only real world spirit since he's a fighter.

( Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , the deed has been done)

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
whomever is the stage cameo and AT will probably automatically added as a spirit.

Oh, spirit event is up! I guess I want to protect Blazblue character to not be spirited.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Bad Mr. Frosty
Clayfighter series
Advanced class primary, attack type, fist attack up

Song: Ice Climber (Melee)
Stage: Battlefield Hyrule Castle
Opponent: white DK
Rules: Stamina battle, the soft platforms are frozen

Captain Cat Kit
RakugaKids
Ace class primary, shield type

Song: Minor Circuit (Remix)
Stage: Omega Onett
Opponents: White Sonic, Villager (purple shirt), invisible giant Pac-Man
Rules: Sonic favours neutral airs, Pac-Man exclusively uses Down B, Squid Sisters ATs spawn often

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Ace Primary Attack Spirit
Panda (Tekken)

Two Slots (due to being Ling Xioubu's mount she already has a slot filled)
Puppet Black and White Banjo
Prefers to use dash attacks (pandas love to roll and banjo rolls)
Dash attacks are stronger
Assisted by allies (in this case Daisy representing Ling)
Stage: King of fighters stadium
Music: Chun Li theme
Stamina Battle-200 Hp
1 Stock
3 min time limit
Properties increases power of dash attacks

What do you think it's my first spirit I ever made without help

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Spirit Theme
Fighting Games & Beat 'Em Ups!

The Capcom Series prompt gave me the impression that people still do want new content originating from Fighting Games in Smash. And with that genre being the game genre I play the most personally, I couldn't pass this occasion up. For a limited amount of time, we'll be accepting Spirits of characters that originate not only from Fighting Games, but Beat 'Em Ups as well!

This Spirit Theme exclusively includes the following, along with some series examples to help you get started:
  • 2D Traditional Fighting Games (ex. Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown)​
  • 3D Fighting Games (ex. Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur)​
  • Arena Fighting Games (ex. Power Stone, Ehrgeiz) (The Ehrgeiz part is a joke please don't submit any Ehrgeiz Spirits)​
  • Beat 'Em Ups (ex. Double Dragon, Final Fight, River City Ransom, Guacamelee, Viewtiful Joe)​
I've decided to exclude Platform Fighters in general, because I have a feeling there'd just be an influx of Smash Bros original Spirit submissions. Also to clarify, submissions from Fighting Game spinoffs from series originally of other genres do count if those can fit into one of these subgenres. So yes, Pokkén Tournament and Sonic the Fighters for example do count.

This is a neat way to increase our Street Fighter and Fatal Fury Spirit List as well, so please submit any characters relating to those series as well. You can always check the many Spirits already present in Infinite to remind yourself which ones have already been submitted or not. Have fun!

Please, we advise you to use Krook's template for Spirit Submissions and only submit 3 Spirits at once. Thanks in advance.

( Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , the deed has been done)
Why did you say NOT to add Ehrgeiz Spirits?

Temptation... rising...

Also, I support protecting Blazblue.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

• Name - Kragg
  • Series and debut game - Rivals of Aether
  • Type and class - 1 star support
  • Spirit ability - Power boost
If you include a Spirit Battle,
  • The puppet fighter(s) - King K Rool
  • Stage - Distant Planet
  • Music - Pikmin Main Theme
  • Type of match - 1 Stock

Also would like to protect Killer Instinct just in case

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I will be adding these stage changes to the front post over the week.

I am also restructuring the way we go about doing Spirits which will hopefully fix some issues that with their submissions. This change will be implemented following our current Spirit Event. That being said, I do have an important announcement.

The Character Protection process is no more

Characters no longer need to be protected from being made into Spirits or another content like Assist Trophies, Pokéballs, costumes, etc. However, and this is important, any content featured on this post is considered locked into the game since it’s already appeared to the public. I will announce the content that’s set to be revealed prior to a Direct and you can make a request to remove a character content from the presentation:

You must do the following:
1) Ping me Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
2) explain your intention with this character
3) Explain why the character deserves not being made into a Spirit or related content
4) Submit suitable replacement. For example, say if we make Chun-li a Mii costume but someone wants to use her as fighter, then the person must provide a suitable replacement costume from Street Fighter. This also includes Spirits with the replacement spirit having to be from the same game.

Once these are provided, I will consult with the deputy director, Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and an unaffiliated team member on if the character warrants being delayed. This means that they won’t appear in the planned reveal but, rather, will appear in the final content trailer prior to launch. That gives you sometime to get support and champion this character if you want them to be playable.

Second order of business, please consider helping out the wiki! We’ve been here at work seeing it up but it still needs more work!

Finally, with Medusa and our second Echo confirmed it’s time we look to our next newcomer who will be revealed in an October direct! This job will be a bit different as we will first vote on which prompt to use. This will be a precursor to several future jobs where you get to major up the prompt! Poll will go up shortly after this.
reminder that the protection process has been reworked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom