• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Echo Pack

Twintelle (ARMS)

File:Twintelle.png

Twintelle was one of the most highly requested characters for ARMS back when it was first announced to be getting a character in Ultimate. She would be an echo of Min-Min (obviously). She would fight with her hair and come with her unique ARMS with their attributes, namely Chilla, Parasol, and Thunderbird.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Blaze The Cat

Blaze is a Sonic character,she is an anthromorphic cat from an alternate dimension,in her dimension Blaze is the imperial princess from Sol Empire and she is Sonic from another dimension. Blaze would be Sonic's echo,her attacks is kinda same from Sonic and her Final Smash she transforms into a Burning Blaze.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Blaze The Cat

Blaze is a Sonic character,she is an anthromorphic cat from an alternate dimension,in her dimension Blaze is the imperial princess from Sol Empire and she is Sonic from another dimension. Blaze would be Sonic's echo,her attacks is kinda same from Sonic and her Final Smash she transforms into a Burning Blaze.
Not sure if she can be considered Sonic’s echo as she does have her own abilities that makes her unique.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I meant to highlight some of these submissions as ones that probably wouldn't work (Meinshoo, Blaze, and Twintelle) but I got busy so I was unable to. As mentioned earlier, Blaze does have her own set of unique abilities that would be wierd to not be included with the character. Twintelle wouldn't work at all IMO do the differences with attack height compared to Min-min. Mienshao also has a different type of abilities that, while could use Aura Sphere, differs greatly from Lucario.

That being said, it's unfair to veto these without an earlier warning and I want to get us voting (also, because I will be busy until like....36-40 hours from now) so I won't have time to sit down to work on this. I also didn't specify which kind of Echo I am looking for so there is that as well.

I don't have a big write up at all but here is my submission....

Big Boss

Cause he is Big Boss ans Snake is his clone.

Here are our submissions.

I Will submit Jin Kazama has Kazuya's echo while they dont have the exact moves in their source material they are similar enough to use most of their moveset in the game without feeling unecessary weird. I could list some small diference that each other could have but I will do it later.
View attachment 360388
Raichu (Pikachu)
I think Raichu would be a perfect echo fighter of Pikachu. He would be slower, heavier, but more powerful and would use other moves Pikachu can learn. Since Raichu cant learns any moves by lever up when evolving I think having him be an echo fighter would be the best choice and let Raichu get some more love.
View attachment 360399
Metal Sonic can be a echo fighter for Sonic himself which have him play a more heavier moveset compared to Sonic’s but he would play pretty similar but quite a bit more deadlier.
View attachment 360410View attachment 360409
Riku (Sora Echo)
Sora's life-long friend and rival, Riku can be considered the Shadow to Sora's Sonic, the Vergil to his Dante, the V2 to his V1. In Smash, Riku possesses similar abilities, but is heavier and deals harder-hitting Keyblade strikes. He also gains different Keyblades based on his costume: For example: his KH1 appearance, which serves as his Default, possesses the Soul Eater Keyblade, while one of his alts, the KH3 appearance, uses the Braveheart.
Roxas /Xion(Sora Echo)

KH2 amd 358/2 Spoilers ahead!

Roxas is Sora's Nobody, Due to being a literal clone of Sora, Roxas uses many of sora's moves. but Roxas also has a few unique moves that can be used. Xion is another clone of sora but modeled after Kairi, Xion much like Roxas shares moves with Sora. This would be a Male/Female Robin/Corrin/Byleth situation with the alts.
Echo fighter submission:
Jeanne (Bayonetta) ( Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom resubmission)
View attachment 360421
Jeanne is a character from Bayonetta series and she is a Bayonetta's best friend and rival. She was former heiress of Umbra, who was just like Bayonetta. As for her arsenal, she uses guns.
While in the game, when she was a child, she sealed Bayo for 100 years, and after 100 of her absence, she revealed to be captured by Baldur's forces and she was rescued by Bayonetta.
She could be another Bayonetta rep that would fit in the game as an echo fighter for Bayonetta.

She would be lighter than Bayonetta, but faster and she jumps higher than her. Her unique side special is Alruna whip, where she whips characters from far range with high damage. Her new final smash is Madame Butterfly, where she summons Madame and she throws huge punches and kicks at enemy that could instantly KO the opponent.

She would be an obvious choice for Bayonetta's echo, since they are both similar in terms of their moveset. She would be stronger Bayo clone and she would jump higher than Bayonetta. Also she is one of popular Bayonetta characters after Bayonetta/Cereza herself.
(She would have Bayonetta 1 and 2 designs as her alts just like her friend Bayonetta)
Echo Pack Fighter - Rock Howard

Rock Howard is one of the main protagonists from SNK's Fatal Fury series, who first appeared in Fatal Fury 3: Road to the Final Victory, which was released for their Neo-Geo arcade system in March 27th, 1995, before making his playable debut in Garou: Mark of the Wolves four years later. He is the biological son of Geese Howard, who be-friended his arch-enemy Terry Bogard, having hated his father since he refused to help his ill mother who later apparently deceased, and Terry taking care of him under his wing since having defeated Geese once and for all in Real Bout Fatal Fury. Ten years later, Rock has grown to be a formidable fighter and joined the Maximum Mayhem tournament shortly after Second Southtown was established to search for his purpose in life, while facing off the host and his uncle, Kain R. Heinlein.

Lately, after like over twenty years since Garou's release, the last month in EVO 2022, SNK has finally announced a new mainline Fatal Fury installment, which is specifically said, the long-awaited sequel of Garou: Mark of the Wolves (considering it's cliff-hanger ending). And let me tell you guys, everyone in the crowd were very excited about this, even Maximilian Dood himself. This would make Rock feel kind of like a shill pick, besides his recent relevance as the leader of Team Garou alongside Gato and B. Jenet, the first DLC team released for The King of Fighters XV earlier this year.

I know that the last time this was suggested didn't go quite well, but listen out. While he was listed as Ryu's Echo Fighter with variable differences in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Ken did have moves of his own (as noted in normals, throws and Final Smashes) while still sharing some of those from his long-time friend's since the original 1987 arcade game. In the Fatal Fury series, Terry has taught Rock fighting for years after his father's demise with some of their moves being actually a bit identical to each other's. His in-universe nickname was "The Wolf's Pedigree", after all. Besides his own animations such as taunts and victory poses, some adjusted statistics (like how Ken is faster than Ryu) and maybe even a potential victory theme:
  • Like how Ken has Hell Wheel as his Back Throw, Rock's Down Throw will be Shinkuu Nage which involves him tossing the opponent high into the air. If the player holds a special button during this, Rock will follow up with Rasetsu, where he then blasts them away with a blue fiery blast from his hand.
  • Power Wave = Reppuken (holding the button allows Rock to perform Double Reppuken as a "strong" variant, with the aerial version being used as a close-ranged burst similarly to it)
  • Burning Knuckle = Hard Edge
  • Rock's Back Special will be Rage Run, which involves him running forward and phasing through opponents with Type Shift. Pressing the special button again will make Rock perform a Power Dunk-like attack as he hops while dashing with Type Dunk.
    • Alternatively, Rock will instead use his T.O.P. skill from Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Overhead Kick, which has him performing an aerial back-flip kick that hits overhead. Pretty much closer to Crack Shoot, and was seemingly the inspiration behind Terry's Up Air in Ultimate.
  • Rock definitely keeps the Rising Tackle, working exactly the same as Terry's.
  • Power Dunk is replaced with Crack Counter, which involves Rock performing a Crack Shoot-like overhead axe kick when an opponent's attack connects against him.
    • Otherwise, if we do keep Rage Run, it would be like swapping Crack Shoot and Power Dunk's original special inputs (being honest, before Sakurai's presentation stream, I always thought Crack Shoot would be Terry's Down Special).
  • Raging Storm is pretty much like Power Geyser, except that it is more vertical rather than being diagonal. Shine Knuckle is almost identical to Terry's Buster Wolf, except that instead of a second blow/punch, Rock will do an elbow attack and follow up with a powerful Rising Tackle.
  • Rock's Final Smash, NEO Deadly Rave, replaces Triple Geyser with him starting by lunging forward. If he hits a single opponent, Rock will spread out a pair of blue wings made of ki and perform a powerful combo before finishing off with an explosive blow of blue energy.
These two things below, a YouTube video explaining how Rock would work as a Echo Fighter for Terry and my friend Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's moveset from a Bonus DLC creation thread, can be seen as examples here:

Echo Pack: Meinshao

This fighting type Pokémon will be an echo of Lucario. Just like Lucario, this Pokémon will use aura sphere and will use that gimmick. But this Pokémon will use steal claw and high jump kick as it’s main moves. Plus its final smash would involve some deadly moves.
Echo Pack

Twintelle (ARMS)

File:Twintelle.png

Twintelle was one of the most highly requested characters for ARMS back when it was first announced to be getting a character in Ultimate. She would be an echo of Min-Min (obviously). She would fight with her hair and come with her unique ARMS with their attributes, namely Chilla, Parasol, and Thunderbird.
Blaze The Cat

View attachment 360441
Zack Fair
An imortant character from FF7 lore. He has his own spin off game. He's became a particularly relevant character as of late. Crisis Core got a remake and its all but confirmed that he's playing a major role in the next FF7 Re-Game
In list form:

• Jin Kazuma (Tekken) (Clone of Kazuya)
  • Raichu (Pokemon) (Clone of Pikachu)
  • Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog) (Clone of Sonic)
  • Riku (KH) (Clone of Sora)
  • Roxas (KH) (Clone of Sora)
  • Jeane (Bayonetta) (Clone of Bayonetta)
  • Rock (Fatal Fury) (Clone of Terry)
  • Twintelle (ARMS) (Clone of Min-Min)
  • Blaze (SOnic the Hedgehog) (Clone of Sonic)
  • Zack Fair (Final Fantasy) (Clone of Cloud)
  • Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) (Clone of Snake)

I know they are technically Echoes but I just stuck with it the fiftyh character in.

Here is our Voting link

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There is nothing about that in the job post.
I didn't see your submission because you never pinged me as it is a quoted message. They are easy to pass up. It's ad dint he form but I didn't include in the post. Plleasde ping me if something is up. I have little time to check smashboards as of late due to my work. It is really hel[pful than just a single post abolut something. It helps a lot of manage things. Especially sincew I have about a few minutes each day to check the site and so seeing an alert pop up to show me something needas lookeddd at is helpful.

I hope to to get the tournie voting totaled as well as our clone but I wont be on the site in about 3 days due to work. I am doing back rto back shifts for th next few days

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, I started cutting down on my hours at work. I just can't take it anymore. It's one thing working for 8 hours but I was putting in 15 hours daily. I can barely get anything done. This should kick into affect by October so I will be less stressed.

Here are our voting for the Online Tounrament:

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Project SmashX Zone1 (2)24
Pull the Trigger1 (2)24
Nintendo Entertainment Smash4 ()808
King of the Rock1 (2)24

We will be going with Nintendo Entertainement Smash as our Online Tournament. Congrats Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

I will wally our Echo votes soon.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
And here are our vote tallies for Echoes! Thank you everyone for submitting and voting!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Jin Kazama2 (6)4 (8)014
Raichu01 (2)24
Metal Sonic2 (6)2 ()4111
Roxas03 (6)28
Riku0000
Jeeane2 (6)028
Rock1 (3)3 (6)210
Twintelle2 (6)017
Blaze1 (3)014
Zack3 (9)0211
Big Boss2 (6)1 (2)311
Amazon1 (3)1 (2) + 1(2)*07
Meinshao01 (2) + 1(2)*04

* Points awarded due to mistake in voting ballots.

So we have a four way tie for second place! Our first place winner is Jin Kazama which will be a clone of Kazuya Kazuma! Our second place character who will appear alongside Jin will be decided via voting at the top of the thread:

• Metal Sonic
  • Rock (within striking range)
  • Zack
  • Big Boss
While we wait for the results of voting, we will begin working on Jin Kazama....

Jin Kazama as an Echo

Now, I don't know Tekken an awful lot but, with how integrated Kazuya is as a character, having Kazama be a full-on Richter like Clone probably wouldn't be the best way to go. I don't want to change too much about Jin as I want to stay true to the Echo formulate but we just should give a few unique attributes to Jin that makes him more of a Ken-type Clone.

With that being said, what changes should be made to Jim compared to Kazuya? Please be as descriptive as possible. Also, please put them in list form to make it easier to read. Please consult the wikia for an idea how Jin could work.

Here is a brief reminder how Kazuya works:

Kazuya is able to turn into Devil Kazuya through various attacks
Kazuya has a comeback mechanic, Rage, based on damage percentage
Kazuya has input commands
Kazuya has input commands that can be stringed together
Kazuya has a crouch slide input command
Kazuya has a side taunt that acts as an attack
Kazuya's Down Special acts as two seperate atatcks based on the Rage is active

Jin should incorporate a large majority of these to keep true to his Echo'ness. That being said, given how Kazuya is very different comapred to most Smash fighters, having Jin be somewhat different comapred to other Echoes may be fitting.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think Jin would be more of a Ken-style Echo, personally. Jin broke away from the Mishima-style martial arts and developed his own, so I feel like I'm going to give him the following changes:
  • Jin has a completely different Rage Drive: Instead of it being similar to Heaven's Door, like Kazuya, Jin's Rage Drive requires the input of both A+B during a Crouch Dash. The result is a 4-hit combo: Twin Pistons followed by a shorthop straight kick and capped off with a haymaker. This deals a total of 21% with strong knockback.
  • Several moves are renamed to suit Jin's moveset. (Ex. "Glorious Demon God Fist" is renamed to "Corpse Thrust" on Jin)
  • Spinning Demon has been replaced with L.L.R.K. to Spinning Flare Kick: A sweeping kick followed by a Demon Scissors attack. Is great for killing near the ledge, and has invulnerability on the second hit.
  • Demon God Fist has been replaced with Bamboo Splitter: an electrical roundhouse kick that generally has the same properties.
  • Jin has a different 10-Hit Combo: [Straight Punch -> Double Low Kick -> Roundhouse -> Double Hook Punch -> High Knee -> Sweeping Kick -> Electric Wind Hook Fist]
  • Jin's Devil Gene form is more "Fallen Angel" than "Devil".

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
While I'm sadly out of home to do a more detailed explanation, adding to what Goliso's said, his Final Smash should also be different changing to Devil Jin's Rage Art, here it is a video for reference, I think it would be more similar to Greninja/Sheik Final Smash.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Well, uh, the poll ain't exactly gonna help out like we'd hoped. Why don't we try again but minus Zack since he's got the least of the four?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, based on what I am seeing, here is how Jin will be. I took a lot from GolisoPower but I altered a few things. Green text is what I am changing from GolisoPower's write up and blue text is my revision.

Here is the Devil Jin we are going with:

1662730997773.jpeg

• Jin has a completely different Rage Drive: Instead of it being similar to Heaven's Door, like Kazuya, Jin's Rage Drive requires the input of both A+B during a Crouch Dash. The result is a 4-hit combo: Twin Pistons followed by a shorthop straight kick and capped off with a haymaker. This deals a total of 21% with strong knockback. Rage Drive can be activtated by down special when in Rage Drive, grab, or via input as dictated by GolisoPower.
  • Several moves are renamed to suit Jin's moveset. (Ex. "Glorious Demon God Fist" is renamed to "Corpse Thrust" on Jin). Corpse Thurst renamed from Glorious Demon Fist. Lion Slayer renamed to Aratama Strike. Devil Wings is renamed to Fly. Devil Fist is renamed to Demon's Spear. Gates of Hell is rennamed Tidal Wave.
  • Spinning Demon has been replaced with L.L.R.K. to Spinning Flare Kick: A sweeping kick followed by a Demon Scissors attack. Is great for killing near the ledge, and has invulnerability on the second hit.
  • Demon God Fist has been replaced with Bamboo Splitter: an electrical roundhouse kick that generally has the same properties.
  • Jin has a different 10-Hit Combo: [Straight Punch -> Double Low Kick -> Roundhouse -> Double Hook Punch -> High Knee -> Sweeping Kick -> Electric Wind Hook Fist]
  • Jin's Devil Gene form is more "Fallen Angel" than "Devil". This is partly being left intact but we will still use Devil Jin for naming.
  • Jin doesn't have Kazuya's Tough Body gimmick.
  • Jin's Final Smash is Rage Art which described " Takes flight and swoops under his opponent before shooting them into the sky with a red forehead laser. He then grinds their face along the ground and finishes them off with a second forehead laser.
Now, I am opening for rennaming of moves from Jin's moveset to Kazuya BUT only if the moves are nearly the same as I don't want to go about changing a lot of his moves. He already has a lot of differences compared to Kazuya to the point he is in the same category as Isavelle, Dr. Mario, and Pichu and his Echo status is questionable. If you have a move to rename, please do so.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Jin Additional Content

We will be submitting Jin's additional content which includes:

• Taunts (3)
  • Special Taunt like Kazuya's (1)
  • Entrance Animation (1)
  • Idle Poses (2)
  • Victory Screens (3)
  • Kirby Hat (1)
  • Debut Tagline (1)
  • Boxing Ring Title (1)
  • Codecs (1)
  • Classic Mode Route (1)

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Intro Animation: Jin is seen pulling his gloves onto his hands before turning towards his opponent. Based on one of his pre-round animations from Tekken 3.

Victory Animation:
Jin performs one uppercut, followed by a jumping uppercut, before crossing his arms for the camera. Based on a Victory Animation from Tekken 3.

Victory Theme: Much like Kazuya, Jin doesn't have one. Instead, the Tekken announcer says, "Jin Kazama Wins!"

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Special Taunt: Avenger - Jin charges up his right fist by reeling it back and then punches straight forward while taking a short step, dealing major damage and can KO opponents at 55% (early). Based on his unblockable "u/b+1+2" attack that he uses throughout the series since having changed a traditional Mishima fighting style to his own Karate in Tekken 4.

Kirby Hat: Depends on which design we are using for Jin's default appearance: either his Tekken 7 hoodie jacket (as shown in a official Twitter account) or signature black hair with angry eyebrows. Like Kazuya, Kirby also wears Jin's red gauntlets.

Boxing Ring Title: "Lightning of Fate", which was Jin's original alias/nickname back from his debut appearance in Tekken 3.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So oooooooooone thing I am considering is adding in a patch update along with Lloyd Irving bundle and that Mii Wave that, should Kazuya win a battle against the Heihachi Mii, Kazuya takes the Mii Costume Heihachi and throws it off a cliff in a specially designed victory Screen that’s in the same vein as Joker’s. How is that?

Also, I have the flu.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
So oooooooooone thing I am considering is adding in a patch update along with Lloyd Irving bundle and that Mii Wave that, should Kazuya win a battle against the Heihachi Mii, Kazuya takes the Mii Costume Heihachi and throws it off a cliff in a specially designed victory Screen that’s in the same vein as Joker’s. How is that?

Also, I have the flu.
It sounds like the best idea in the whole thread.

Also take care, gl and I hope you get better soon!

Funny enought I also have flu

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Also, I have the flu.
Firstly and most importantly, hope you get well soon, my dude.

Secondly, special victory animations with one character and a Mii Costume set sounds like a fun little thing to add. Building on this idea, maybe Leon could fire a rocket at a Mr. X Mii Brawler and cause it to burst like it would like a Stamina KO.

Also, I have the flu.
I like this idea.

Also get well soon.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Also, I have the flu.
Get Well From your Flu

Also, Good Idea for Kazuya's Victory Against The Heihachi Mii.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It sounds like the best idea in the whole thread.

Also take care, gl and I hope you get better soon!

Funny enought I also have flu
You as well.

I didn’t feel well since Wednesday but I didn’t feel bad bad. Thursday I felt a tad bit worse. Then on Friday, I felt awful but I still went to work. I came home a crashed with a high fever. Turned our negative for Covid but positive for the flu. Felt same this morning but feeling a bit better currently. We will see tonight.

So, I feel we are good with Kazuya content but we will move to our poll winner…

Rock Howard Gameplay

It’s unfortunate that our two echoes are based on two characters who are extremely diverse and unique so it makes envisioning how they would play difficult. So we will be approaching Rock Howard the same way that we did with Jin as a Ken-like Echo Fighter with several unique attributes.

So, like with Jin, please provide examples how Rock would be different compared to Terry while still keeping true to the Echo formula. Please keep in mind that Terry does have five special moves plus command inputs plus the two Special
Moves that should be carried over from Terry to Rock.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
You as well.

I didn’t feel well since Wednesday but I didn’t feel bad bad. Thursday I felt a tad bit worse. Then on Friday, I felt awful but I still went to work. I came home a crashed with a high fever. Turned our negative for Covid but positive for the flu. Felt same this morning but feeling a bit better currently. We will see tonight.

So, I feel we are good with Kazuya content but we will move to our poll winner…

Rock Howard Gameplay

It’s unfortunate that our two echoes are based on two characters who are extremely diverse and unique so it makes envisioning how they would play difficult. So we will be approaching Rock Howard the same way that we did with Jin as a Ken-like Echo Fighter with several unique attributes.

So, like with Jin, please provide examples how Rock would be different compared to Terry while still keeping true to the Echo formula. Please keep in mind that Terry does have five special moves plus command inputs plus the two Special
Moves that should be carried over from Terry to Rock.
Thanks!
About Rock, I did a concept before that was also quoted by tonygameman tonygameman , but I will try to make it more simple and also add other details:
  • In terms of stats Rock is lighter and faster than Terry but that also means that he is more easy to launch.
  • His dash attack is replaced with Elbow Spike, it has the same hitbox but Rock does an elbow attack instead of a charging lunge.
  • Instead of Backspin Kick his Forward Smash is Parabola Kick, a 360 inner crescent kick.
  • Like how Ken has Hell Wheel as his Back Throw, Rock's Down Throw will be Shinkuu Nage which involves him tossing the opponent high into the air. If the player holds a special button during this, Rock will follow up with Rasetsu, where he then blasts them away with a blue fiery blast from his hand.
  • All Rock's Special Moves have different names than Terry's though most of them shares the same attributes.
    • Power Wave is replaced with Reppuken, is pretty much the same move in function being more of an aesthetic change (like most moves in Rock's movelist), the "strong" version is Double Repukken and in the air is a close-ranged burst of wind similar to Terry's Round Wave.
    • Burning Knuckle will be replaced with Hard Edge, again the move is pretty much the same, the input version would also deal the second hit that it has in the games. Also like Terry it would have the reversed input being QCF + Attack instead of the original QCB.
    • While I love Rage Run, for mantain both characters more in the same place I will use Overhead Kick has Rock's replacement for Terry's Crack Shoot, it covers a more vertical range that horizontal so is a better recovery and it also carries the meteor effect that it has Terry's Power Dunk. The input of Overhead Kick is QCB, different to the one given in KOF XV but that it makes sense considering the context.
    • Rising Tackle is mantained, is the only move that they both have exactly.
    • Power Dunk dissapears for Crack Counter, that like the name indicates is Rock's counter move where the counterattacks with a Crack Shoot if connects. Crack Counter's input is a DP, while he never used this input for Crack Counter it resembles the input that it has his father Geese Howard from where the moves originates (since is a combination of Geese's Atemi Nage technique and Terry's Crack Shoot).
      • Alternatively we could use Rage Run here, considering that one of the follow ups of Rage Run (the Type Dunk) is Rock's own Power Dunk but I think Crack Counters works better has a down special. If this was the case then Overhead Kick should use the DP motion and Rage Run the QCB, that it also means that we could swap Rage Run to a Back Special and Overhead Kick to a Down Special....but I consider it a vastly drastic change in comparison so I think the best option is stick to the Power Wave = Reppuken, Burning Knuckle = Hard Edge, Crack Shoot = Overhead Kick and replacing Power Dunk for Crack Counter.
  • Rock would mantain the same Super Special Moves mechanic than Terry (including the 100% damage requirement), but what moves he can do are different even if they have a very similar usage.
    • Instead of Power Geyser Rock uses Raging Storm, instead of attacking at the front of the character Rock's attack is AoE around him so attacking vertical.
    • Instead of Buster Wolf Rock uses Shine Knuckle, if you are fast enough you can connect a Rising Tackle in the end of the move that it would have an enhanced effect.
    • Finally Rock's Final Smash, would be NEO Deadly Rave where he starts using a move similar to Rage Run (considering that we wouldn't use the move in his regular moveset), if connects he will start a cinematic where he spreads a pair of ki wings and prepares to do an autocombo to the opponent that ends with a burst of energy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom