• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, the time has come and so have I and this time it is a Devil May Cry submission

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featuring DANTE from the Devil May Cry series!
WHAT IS DEVIL MAY CRY?
The over-the-top, stylished action hack n' slash game Devil May Cry that was first released in the Playstation 2 in 2001, it quickly became a fan-favorite Capcom series due the amount of personality that the game had in his gameplay, music and characters where Dante, the protagonist, was the one who bringed most attention with his particular personality not being completely a hero but also don't being a bad person, the series reached the peak of popularity with the release of the third title that even today is considered one, if not the best game in the series that ended to establish the franchise. The series gets dormant for a long time after the failed reboot that didn't convinced the fans until 2019 where after a long absence Dante and company came back in a game that not only recaptured the fan's love to the franchise but also make room to a new generation of players that enjoyed the adventures of the devil hunter and became part of the horde of fans.

While the series doesn't has a big history with Nintendo (probably being the most notorious predecesor the proposition of make a DMC1 port for the Game Cube that was later discarded in favor to launch other games like Resident Evil 4 or Viewtiful Joe) finally coming to a console of Nintendo in the most recent Nintendo Switch bringing the original trilogy of games.
WHY DANTE?
When talking about popular characters the first thing that comes to my mind is him. Particulary the power of the memes gives him some notorius presence in internet but that is just a small part of how popular he is in reality being one of the most especulated characters in Ultimate and also being the most notorious face of the Hack n' Slash genre alongside Bayonetta and in a slightly minor category Raiden and Travis Touchdown.

There is also the great music, I'm the type of people that gives a lot of importance to this and the musical selection of DMC is ummmm...chef kiss, here it are some of the most popular ones and some of my personal favorites too.
HOW WOULD DANTE BE?
I would love to come here and say "Oh yeah lets just merge every Devil May Cry game including the reboot and give Dante all his weapons, all his styles, give him the DT meter and go nuts" but of course that isn't just absurd but it doesn't work. DMC3 and 5 are the most popular games, so I think they should be the main sources and...sigh

I know a lot of people loves gives Dante in these fan movesets the Style Select mechanic, but uh...yeah I think it usually doesn't work, in fact, in the games the only reason because Dante has the style is actually a way to limit him, something that I don't find necessary here since the actual mechanics of the game are enough. Instead my proposition is use the Devil Trigger, another mechanic of the series that, unlike the Style Select system it was part of every game including the reboot. I honestly find it a more interesing and even easier to aboard mechanic in comparison to the somewhat boring (at least for me) wannabe style system that is used in these concepts. Though of course that doesn't mean he couldn't use the moves arraigated to them!, think more in his incarnation from MvC3 for example where he can do different moves without the needing of a stance system, you can still have Dante doing parries with Royal Guard and evasive moves with Trickster without the Style system.

In short...
  • Dante and Devil May Cry are very popular and beloved in the community.
  • Dante was a very popular option for newcomer in Ultimate.
  • Dante could bring a cool gameplay with his devil arms and the DT gauge.
  • DMC has awesome music.
  • Dante is incredible

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Alright, the time has come and so have I impressive isn't a Devil May Cry submission

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN THE FIRST AGE, IN THE FIRST BATTLE, WHEN THE SHADOWS FIRST LENGTHENED, ONE STOOD....
BURNED BY THE EMBERS OF ARMAGEDDON, HIS SOUL BLISTED BY THE FIRES OF HELL AND TAINTED BEYOND ASCENSION, HE CLOSE THE PATH OF PERPETUAL TORNMENT.
IN HIS RAVENOUS HATRED HE FOUND NO PEACE, AND WITH BOILING BLOOD HE SCOURED THE UMBRAL PAINS SEEKING VENGEANCE AGAINST THE DARK LORDS WHO HAD WRONG HIM.
HE WORE THE CROWN OF THE NIGHT SENTINELS AND THOSE THAT TASTED THE BITE OF HIS SWORD NAMED HIM....

THE DOOM SLAYER

WHAT IS DOOM?
First released in 1993 on the MS-DOS, DOOM quickly became a landmark title and helped pioneer the FPS genre. With its direct sequel the following year, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, building upon the original, the former Nintendo 64 exclusive DOOM 64 in 1997, the alternative take on the franchise in 2004, DOOM 3, and the recent reboots of DOOM in 2016 and DOOM Eternal in 2020, the series has been far from lacking.

DOOM history with Nintendo isn't lacking either, the first two games have ports for Super Nintendo, Game Boy Advance (both of these with censorship tho) and more recently Nintendo Switch alongside all the other games of the series. The franchise even had his own exclusive game for the Nintendo 64 with DOOM 64 that it wasn't until a few years ago that appeared in another console that doesn't belong to Nintendo. The ports of DOOM 2016 and Eternal are also well knowed for how well they run for be in an "inferior" device in comparison to Playstation, Xbox or PC.
WHY THE DOOM SLAYER?
WHY NOT?, seriously, the father of what we known has the modern FPS's, the genre doesn't have a proper representation in the game and it's the most likely option of all the posibilites (maybe just tying with the Master Chief and Gordon Freeman). The Doom Slayer was one of the most popular choices for newcomers from the West, and it's a very recognizable character not just in the Nintendo fanbase but in the videogame community in general. He would also bring an interesing playstyle being sort of a heavy all-rounder character with strengths in far and close distance apart of a breath of fresh air in terms of visuals changing from the cartoonish Ratche & Clank and the anime-esque Lloyd and Sol.

Also come on, this character like Sol is one of those that a lot of people just want it for the bangers he could bring to the game both from the classic and modern games. Here are some of my favorites has examples:
Heck, if we allow the shared universe with Wolfenstein apart of the obvious Blazkowicz Mii Costume we can have the perfect music to kick Nazi's Asses! I would love to have songs like House of the Rising Sun, Terror Billy and Right Trigger Warning here too!

HOW WOULD THE DOOM SLAYER BE?
Has I said before, the Doom Slayer would be considered a character that excels in both far and close combat having various projectiles and huge strenght in terms of normals. Has drawbacks he is heavy, something that it's good for tank damage but it also leaves him pretty susceptible to combos. He will also have the same problem of Kazuya with his very low jumps, requiring him to use his second jump to reach the Battlefield platform.

In terms of special moves one of the most used mechanics when someone tries to make a moveset for the Slayer is the Weapon Whee-

BUT THE WEAPON WHEEL MECHANIC ISN'T ALLOWED!
And you are right!, but, why he should need it?, I mean, I would like to have the mechanic but isn't like if he can't work with that. You can assign some normal/aerial/smash moves to some of his weapons and use the main ones for special moves. In fact, he can just don't have any special gimmick, if he needs to have one, maybe he could have access to stronger weapons via ammo that can be obtained attacking, but that would be too forced so I think having the Slayer gimmick-less is fine.

Just for bring examples, have the Crucible, the Chainsaw and the Super Shotgun has Smash Attacks, the Plasma Rifle, the Equipment Launcher, the Rocket Launcher and the Meathook has specials. And of course, the BFG-9000 has a Final Smash, or heck, BE MORE CRAZY, USE THE BFG-10000 AND SHOOT A HOLE IN THE SURFACE OF MARS!

BUT DOOM IS SO GOREY AND IS THE ESSENCE OF THE GAME!
Maybe it's true that the DOOM series is violent, but that doesn't mean that the essence of the game. Has someone who plays DOOM and talked with other people who play DOOM most of them and I agree that the most important thing in DOOM is the action (not necessary blood and gore). Even if we talk about guns, his weapons in modern games have a more sci-fi aesthetic with more or less the exception of the Super Shotgun (that even then, I don't think a shotgun with a grappling hook it's too realistic).

In short...
  • The Doom Slayer is an icon of the FPS and of the gaming industry in general.
  • He could bring a fun playstyle with the use of his variety of weapons and close combat attacks.
  • He doesn't need the Weapon Wheel mechanic to work.
  • We will have one of the best OST's in all gaming history (imo).
  • DOOM has a long history and relationship with Nintendo (and so Microsoft too).
  • The Slayer would be identified by a dark green color, so there is no problems with the rest of color palettes.
  • The gore isn't a problem since the Slayer doesn't need to have blood to be well represented.
RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT'S DONE
Resubmitting this prompt. Let's get this guy moving.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

3388844-travisfinger.png

TravisTouchdown_TSANMH.png

Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
No More Heroes is a series that, while it may not be as huge as some ideas mentioned, is super popular, especially in Smash speculation circles. He'd fill a similar niche to Loyld, being a long term fan request. He'd bring all of NMH's signature humor and charm, and could so bring content from other games in the Suda51 Canon.

Character submission:
Who is the Ryu Hayabusa?
Ryu Hayabusa
is main protagonist of Ninja Gaiden series made by Tecmo back in 1988 on Arcades and NES console. He is a japanese ninja with dragon attributes, who wields an ancestral weapon called the Dragon Sword, which is actually an katana with dragon's power. He is also a leader of his "Hayabusa" clan as it was shown in games.
As it was shown in games, he travels from Japan to other countries like USA to prevent evil from attacking the world.
He is one of iconic video game ninjas that were praised by video game critics and he is considered as one of most iconic Koei Tecmo characters and even one of late 80's video game icons that are still known to today's times.

How he can fight?
Well, Ryu is not a stranger for fighting, since he can fight opponents by using his ancient sword or even use attacks from Dead or Alive series (Fun Fact: Did you know that DoA and Ninja Gaiden take place in the same universe?).
He would use moves from Ninja Gaiden games (Including the rebooted ones) as his attacks like sword slash or shuriken throw as neutral special. He would have a gimmick based on Dragon Arts, which are activated like in his home games where he unleashes his strong attacks to KO opponents.
He would also have interesting final smash examples like it would turn into Dragon form and wreck havoc across the battlefield.

He would be middleweight rushdown fighter with very fast speed and he could wall jump or wall cling like a real ninja!
Speaking of Ryu Hayabuse, his design would be based on modern incarnation and his alternate model would be taken from early NES games like Ninja Gaiden (1988).

Why Ryu as fighter?
You may ask why I chose him as 3rd Party fighter for this job? Well, because he is a very important 3rd party character to Nintendo history and he appeared on Nintendo consoles back in late 80's and early 90's (And he is still appearing on Nintendo consoles!) and he is considered as "Honorable Nintendo character".
He is also one of most requested 3rd party characters for Smash, which people really want him in Smash.
Keep in mind that he is also a retro character, which it would be cool if we had an 80's fighter in our Season 2 DLC, since we haven't got one in DLC.
Also I wanna tell that Koei Tecmo company needs to be represented as fighter in Smash Infinite, which is definitely Ryu Hayabusa!

At the end of submission, I have a song about ninjas to listen to:
Have fun!

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
1660665934294.png

Heavy - TF2
The most popular character from the beloved Team Fortress 2, Team Fortress 2 is one of the most popular and beloved FPS games of all time and arguably the best online FPS, not only that but, Valve is one of the most important companies of videogame history, they revolutionized FPS games, story-telling and buying games online.
Heavy would be a really fun character, a heavyweight that weilds guns sounds at least original, also, every piece of content Heavy could add to Smash will fit perfectly with Smash aesthetic and will be really fun, he could even bring stuff from other Valve games since it's hinted that Valve's universes are connected thanks to references and cameos, kind of similar to how Terry brought content from most SNK franchises.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi everyone, I am sorry that I never had a chance to put up the results but I finally was able to sit down and get them here on the boards. This is for our DLC Music submissions.

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Dark Souls1 (3)1 (2)1 6
Hatsune Miku4 (12)0214
Under Night In-Birth1 (3)014
NieR Automata01 (2)35
Chrono Trigger2 (6)3 (6)214
EVO01 (2)02
DDR03 (6)1 7
Commodore 642 (6)1 (2)08

With that, we will go into a tiebreaker for music based on Hastune Miku and Chrono Trigger. You can find this at the top of our thread.

Additionally, here are our submissions so far:

Dante (Devil May Cry)
Heavy (Team Fortress 2)
Doomslayer (Doom)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

This must be the smallest pool of submissions in the history of this thread but perhaps the term "popular" and "within Smash" is turning away some potential submissions. OR this might be a blessing in disguise as we can add in a favored character within the roster.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Kazuma

The protagonist of the Yakuza series, Kazuma Kiryu is an extremely recognizable character who’s very popular not only in Japan but in the west as well. He has a huge amount of moves which would make for a varied and fun moveset (especially if we include him using items as weapons) and content for series could bring a whole bunch of new things that hasn’t been in smash before

Before people come in here saying he can’t get in because he doesn’t hit women, he already does so in project x zone and it’s really not that big of a character trait, in fact its barely even come up in the main story of any game, so I don’t think it’s worth it to lose out on such a good opportunity for a character because of one small thing from the series.

Admittedly Kazuma doesn’t have much of a history on Nintendo but he has been on Nintendo consoles before and there’s no rule against characters who haven’t been on Nintendo this time so I don’t think it should be a problem.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Sees the results

Well that stings me where it hurts

Anyways: Elma (Xenoblade)

While Xenoblade 3 is out, I feel that playable Xenoblade Chronicles X representation is overdue. Elma is one of the main characters in Xenoblade Chronicles X, she would fit quite well in smash.

She has multiple deadly weapons and even a mech she can use in battle. Her allies could help her in her final smash (outside Teshu, for reasons). Overall, Elma would be a fun choice for a new smash rep. Also playable Xenoblade X representation is long overdue in smash.

D

Deleted member

Kazuma

The protagonist of the Yakuza series, Kazuma Kiryu is an extremely recognizable character who’s very popular not only in Japan but in the west as well. He has a huge amount of moves which would make for a varied and fun moveset (especially if we include him using items as weapons) and content for series could bring a whole bunch of new things that hasn’t been in smash before

Before people come in here saying he can’t get in because he doesn’t hit women, he already does so in project x zone and it’s really not that big of a character trait, in fact its barely even come up in the main story of any game, so I don’t think it’s worth it to lose out on such a good opportunity for a character because of one small thing from the series.

Admittedly Kazuma doesn’t have much of a history on Nintendo but he has been on Nintendo consoles before and there’s no rule against characters who haven’t been on Nintendo this time so I don’t think it should be a problem.
He's been mii costumed iirc

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sees the results

Well that stings me where it hurts

Anyways: Elma (Xenoblade)

While Xenoblade 3 is out, I feel that playable Xenoblade Chronicles X representation is overdue. Elma is one of the main characters in Xenoblade Chronicles X, she would fit quite well in smash.

She has multiple deadly weapons and even a mech she can use in battle. Her allies could help her in her final smash (outside Teshu, for reasons). Overall, Elma would be a fun choice for a new smash rep. Also playable Xenoblade X representation is long overdue in smash.
We already have a Xenoblade Chronicles X stage. Why would we need a second one? I’m leaning on making this submission ineligible on that alone.

Last edited:

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Mandatory Ahri nom:

Reasons why:
  • LoL is still popular, just not the number 1 game in the world anymore.
  • Riot is trying to branch out, as seen with Arcane, Ruined King, and like 7 other projects they announced. Ahri is in at least 2 (Fighting game and iirc she showed up in the a trailer for another rpg that has almost no other info about it known.)
  • China and Korea are still major gaming markets. Ahri was actually made to celebrate the Korean server's launch, they even got to vote on her name.
  • Ahri is one of the most popular characters in the game, getting a lot of attention from Riot in the form of skins, events and appearing in everything.
  • One of the main reasons I keep noming her over other LoL characters: Her entire moveset in LoL can be worked into smash relatively easily, and her Ruined King move set can fill in any gaps she might still have. Very big deal imo, there aren't a ton of movesets that can be ported over as easily.
  • Ahri is one of the only super popular champions who could have her moves ported over easily.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I’ll submit Ezio then. He’s been submitted a lot so I won’t go too in detail but he’s from one of the best selling game series ever and has a very interesting moveset which would translate to a really interesting smash fighter. There’s a reason he’s been submitted to this thread so many times.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Resubmitting.

Spyro the Dragon

View attachment 357061

Smash remains to have criminally few quadruped fighters, and there's no gaming icon better to represent them than Spyro the Dragon. A mascot of the PS1 era, and eventually the Wii era as well through... less than fantastic means, Spyro's one of gaming's most popular mascots (even if he is particularly popular for a certain niche.) The character could be unique by allowing him to glide, and as a dragon have a special mechanic where he has Smash attacks even in the air. He could have additional jumps, he can breath multiple elements, and his franchise is praised for it's fantastic level design and music, meaning he could bring plenty of incredible stages with him. In initial speculation, he was always overshadowed by his fellow former Sony mascot, but with Crash here, I feel like uniting the duo once again is a long time coming.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
2B (Nier)

2B Nier Automata.png

2B is the main character of Nier Automata, a spin off of the Drakengard series that has received critical acclaim for its story, themes, gameplay, music, and design. 2B was a popularly discussed character in Smash speculation throughout Ultimate's lifespan, which was even before her series was ever brought to a Nintendo system. Now that we have her game announced for the Switch, now is a perfect time to add her to Infinite, and she especially fits for this prompt with her renewed relevance after the announcement. Her announcement for Smash would bring much excitement to the fanbase, around her gameplay and all the content she would bring with her in a challenger pack.

#2BforInfinite

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Heavy is my preferred Valve candidiate but Gordon Freeman has gotten me interested in the character. I feel it would be a very interesting take on a character which could yield some interesting results. Getting both Portal and Half-Life seems a bit much as DLC but, hey, we have Blazblue and Guilty Gear in the same season so....I suppose its fine.

1660703312361.png

I son't know Half-Life too well but I know it's popular. Getting Gordon would be quite th emonumental moment for both Smash and gaming. Getting Kirby with his hair, glases, and goatee would be awesome as well.

If you wonder how Gordon could play in Smash...

Now, for submissions, we will be holding off doing voting until tomorrow morning EST. I am busy tonight and I will be busy tomorrow but I have a window in the morning to start voting off. It should also give us a good idea which franchise we should do music for so don't forget to vote.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright everyone! Here are our submissions! Please vote for which one you feel best fits within the "popular" criteria.

Here are the submissions. Thank you everyone for submitting content!
Alright, the time has come and so have I and this time it is a Devil May Cry submission

Featuring DANTE from the Devil May Cry series!
WHAT IS DEVIL MAY CRY?
The over-the-top, stylished action hack n' slash game Devil May Cry that was first released in the Playstation 2 in 2001, it quickly became a fan-favorite Capcom series due the amount of personality that the game had in his gameplay, music and characters where Dante, the protagonist, was the one who bringed most attention with his particular personality not being completely a hero but also don't being a bad person, the series reached the peak of popularity with the release of the third title that even today is considered one, if not the best game in the series that ended to establish the franchise. The series gets dormant for a long time after the failed reboot that didn't convinced the fans until 2019 where after a long absence Dante and company came back in a game that not only recaptured the fan's love to the franchise but also make room to a new generation of players that enjoyed the adventures of the devil hunter and became part of the horde of fans.

While the series doesn't has a big history with Nintendo (probably being the most notorious predecesor the proposition of make a DMC1 port for the Game Cube that was later discarded in favor to launch other games like Resident Evil 4 or Viewtiful Joe) finally coming to a console of Nintendo in the most recent Nintendo Switch bringing the original trilogy of games.
WHY DANTE?
When talking about popular characters the first thing that comes to my mind is him. Particulary the power of the memes gives him some notorius presence in internet but that is just a small part of how popular he is in reality being one of the most especulated characters in Ultimate and also being the most notorious face of the Hack n' Slash genre alongside Bayonetta and in a slightly minor category Raiden and Travis Touchdown.

There is also the great music, I'm the type of people that gives a lot of importance to this and the musical selection of DMC is ummmm...chef kiss, here it are some of the most popular ones and some of my personal favorites too.
HOW WOULD DANTE BE?
I would love to come here and say "Oh yeah lets just merge every Devil May Cry game including the reboot and give Dante all his weapons, all his styles, give him the DT meter and go nuts" but of course that isn't just absurd but it doesn't work. DMC3 and 5 are the most popular games, so I think they should be the main sources and...sigh

I know a lot of people loves gives Dante in these fan movesets the Style Select mechanic, but uh...yeah I think it usually doesn't work, in fact, in the games the only reason because Dante has the style is actually a way to limit him, something that I don't find necessary here since the actual mechanics of the game are enough. Instead my proposition is use the Devil Trigger, another mechanic of the series that, unlike the Style Select system it was part of every game including the reboot. I honestly find it a more interesing and even easier to aboard mechanic in comparison to the somewhat boring (at least for me) wannabe style system that is used in these concepts. Though of course that doesn't mean he couldn't use the moves arraigated to them!, think more in his incarnation from MvC3 for example where he can do different moves without the needing of a stance system, you can still have Dante doing parries with Royal Guard and evasive moves with Trickster without the Style system.

In short...
  • Dante and Devil May Cry are very popular and beloved in the community.
  • Dante was a very popular option for newcomer in Ultimate.
  • Dante could bring a cool gameplay with his devil arms and the DT gauge.
  • DMC has awesome music.
  • Dante is incredible
Resubmitting this prompt. Let's get this guy moving.
View attachment 358777
View attachment 358778
No More Heroes is a series that, while it may not be as huge as some ideas mentioned, is super popular, especially in Smash speculation circles. He'd fill a similar niche to Loyld, being a long term fan request. He'd bring all of NMH's signature humor and charm, and could so bring content from other games in the Suda51 Canon.
Character submission:
Who is the Ryu Hayabusa?
Ryu Hayabusa
is main protagonist of Ninja Gaiden series made by Tecmo back in 1988 on Arcades and NES console. He is a japanese ninja with dragon attributes, who wields an ancestral weapon called the Dragon Sword, which is actually an katana with dragon's power. He is also a leader of his "Hayabusa" clan as it was shown in games.
As it was shown in games, he travels from Japan to other countries like USA to prevent evil from attacking the world.
He is one of iconic video game ninjas that were praised by video game critics and he is considered as one of most iconic Koei Tecmo characters and even one of late 80's video game icons that are still known to today's times.

How he can fight?
Well, Ryu is not a stranger for fighting, since he can fight opponents by using his ancient sword or even use attacks from Dead or Alive series (Fun Fact: Did you know that DoA and Ninja Gaiden take place in the same universe?).
He would use moves from Ninja Gaiden games (Including the rebooted ones) as his attacks like sword slash or shuriken throw as neutral special. He would have a gimmick based on Dragon Arts, which are activated like in his home games where he unleashes his strong attacks to KO opponents.
He would also have interesting final smash examples like it would turn into Dragon form and wreck havoc across the battlefield.

He would be middleweight rushdown fighter with very fast speed and he could wall jump or wall cling like a real ninja!
Speaking of Ryu Hayabuse, his design would be based on modern incarnation and his alternate model would be taken from early NES games like Ninja Gaiden (1988).

Why Ryu as fighter?
You may ask why I chose him as 3rd Party fighter for this job? Well, because he is a very important 3rd party character to Nintendo history and he appeared on Nintendo consoles back in late 80's and early 90's (And he is still appearing on Nintendo consoles!) and he is considered as "Honorable Nintendo character".
He is also one of most requested 3rd party characters for Smash, which people really want him in Smash.
Keep in mind that he is also a retro character, which it would be cool if we had an 80's fighter in our Season 2 DLC, since we haven't got one in DLC.
Also I wanna tell that Koei Tecmo company needs to be represented as fighter in Smash Infinite, which is definitely Ryu Hayabusa!

At the end of submission, I have a song about ninjas to listen to:
Have fun!
View attachment 358782
Heavy - TF2
The most popular character from the beloved Team Fortress 2, Team Fortress 2 is one of the most popular and beloved FPS games of all time and arguably the best online FPS, not only that but, Valve is one of the most important companies of videogame history, they revolutionized FPS games, story-telling and buying games online.
Heavy would be a really fun character, a heavyweight that weilds guns sounds at least original, also, every piece of content Heavy could add to Smash will fit perfectly with Smash aesthetic and will be really fun, he could even bring stuff from other Valve games since it's hinted that Valve's universes are connected thanks to references and cameos, kind of similar to how Terry brought content from most SNK franchises.
Mandatory Ahri nom:

Reasons why:
  • LoL is still popular, just not the number 1 game in the world anymore.
  • Riot is trying to branch out, as seen with Arcane, Ruined King, and like 7 other projects they announced. Ahri is in at least 2 (Fighting game and iirc she showed up in the a trailer for another rpg that has almost no other info about it known.)
  • China and Korea are still major gaming markets. Ahri was actually made to celebrate the Korean server's launch, they even got to vote on her name.
  • Ahri is one of the most popular characters in the game, getting a lot of attention from Riot in the form of skins, events and appearing in everything.
  • One of the main reasons I keep noming her over other LoL characters: Her entire moveset in LoL can be worked into smash relatively easily, and her Ruined King move set can fill in any gaps she might still have. Very big deal imo, there aren't a ton of movesets that can be ported over as easily.
  • Ahri is one of the only super popular champions who could have her moves ported over easily.
I’ll submit Ezio then. He’s been submitted a lot so I won’t go too in detail but he’s from one of the best selling game series ever and has a very interesting moveset which would translate to a really interesting smash fighter. There’s a reason he’s been submitted to this thread so many times.
Resubmitting.
2B (Nier)

2B Nier Automata.png

2B is the main character of Nier Automata, a spin off of the Drakengard series that has received critical acclaim for its story, themes, gameplay, music, and design. 2B was a popularly discussed character in Smash speculation throughout Ultimate's lifespan, which was even before her series was ever brought to a Nintendo system. Now that we have her game announced for the Switch, now is a perfect time to add her to Infinite, and she especially fits for this prompt with her renewed relevance after the announcement. Her announcement for Smash would bring much excitement to the fanbase, around her gameplay and all the content she would bring with her in a challenger pack.

#2BforInfinite
Heavy is my preferred Valve candidiate but Gordon Freeman has gotten me interested in the character. I feel it would be a very interesting take on a character which could yield some interesting results. Getting both Portal and Half-Life seems a bit much as DLC but, hey, we have Blazblue and Guilty Gear in the same season so....I suppose its fine.

View attachment 358833

I son't know Half-Life too well but I know it's popular. Getting Gordon would be quite th emonumental moment for both Smash and gaming. Getting Kirby with his hair, glases, and goatee would be awesome as well.

If you wonder how Gordon could play in Smash...

Now, for submissions, we will be holding off doing voting until tomorrow morning EST. I am busy tonight and I will be busy tomorrow but I have a window in the morning to start voting off. It should also give us a good idea which franchise we should do music for so don't forget to vote.
Here are the submissions in listed form:
  • Dante (Devil May Cry)
  • Doomslayer (Doom)
  • Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  • Heavy (Team Fortress 2)
  • Ahri (League of Legends)
  • Ezio (Assassin's Creed)
  • Spyro (Spyro the Dragon)
  • 2B (NieR: Automata)
  • Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)

A little insight on these characters:

Dante: Dante is from a highly acclaimed series with a company that has a deep history with both Nintendo and Smash. While Dante is largely a Playstation character, his franchise has been ported over to the Switch which led to fans believing that Dante's chances for appearing in Smash to be at an all-time high. That being said, he was regulated as a Mii Costume much to fan's dismay. Will Dante make the upgrade from Mii Costume to playable character?

Doomslayer: Doom helped pave the FPS genre and so, as the granddaddy of it, it would make sense to include the character. Doomslayer is a highly important character within the gaming industry. Doom has a good history with Nintendo but his series and character is something deemed too "gory" for Smash. This didn't stop Doomslayer from being the final Mii Costume in Infinite. We don't have a FPS character yet so perhaps it would be the time to add one?

Travis Touchdown: Finishing off the Mii Costume submissions is Travis who also appeared in Infinite as a Mii Costume. No More Heroes is a franchise that has deep ties with Nintendo with the games largely being available only on Nintendo consoles for a good majority of it's lifetime. Including Travis seems like a no brainbrainer based on those qualifications alone. While not exactly not on the same level of popularity as, say, Dante or Ezio, but still a popular character within Smash speculation.

Ryu Hayabusa: Ryu has the distinction of being one of th emost talked about potential newcomers thanks to early leaks shortly before Joker was released which predicted that Joker, Hero, Ryu, Steve, and Doomslayer would be playable. This turned out to be haldf true as, indeed, Joker, Hero, and Steve did becoem playable but Doomslayer was a Mii Csotume while Ryu was no where to be seen. Ninja Gaiden is a series with tons of history on the Nintendo consoles before being brought back into the 3D era on playstation and xbox. Ninja Gaiden was finally brought onto the Switch. We do have Koei-Tecmo already in Smash but no playable fighter. Let's fix that!

Heavy
: Team Fortress 2 is a highly influential FPS game that focuses on team based gameplay rather than free for alls. There are numerous characters such as Scout, Medic, and Sniper but Heavy is bar none the most popular. The series has yet to appear on a Nintendo console so this owuld be a good time to include it on the Nintendo console with perhaps a job that includes adding console exsclusive content! While Doomslayer is an excellent addition as a FPS rep, Heavy represents the more modern take on it....especially given Master Chief was mii costumed....

Ahri: Ahri is no stranger to success in Infinite with nearly grabbing newcoemr status twice and placing high in other areas. Perhaps this is her time to shine? Ahri rose to prominence when she was featured in leaks in Spring 2020. League of Legends is a household name and extremely successful despite originally just being a mod. Ahri wouldn't just be a PC character but a RTS character as well. She would be someone who could wield magic which is something we are currently missing.

Ezio: We have yet to have a Ubisoft character though we do have Rayman content in the form of music, mii costumes, and spirits. Assassin's Creed is one of the Ubisoft's most successful franchise which spawned forth a multimedia franchise like none other. I thought the AC franchise would end after III but they managed to continue the franchise without losing the formula that makes th egames fun and engaging. Ezio is one of the more popular characters in the franchise with a lot of nolstagia for the character. Ezio would also be unique as a spy/rogue-type character which is something we are currently missing im Season 3.

Spyro: We have Crash so we could complete the package by adding Spyro. Both are viewed being compatriots within a shared universe thanks to Acitvision. Spyro's addition would help complete this. The character certainly has a legacy that is certainly long but sadly has wane din popularity over the years...especially compared to Crash.

2B: I obviopusly have bias for the character and franchise. 2B and her game was extremely well acclaimed in all gaming journals. She was included in SoulCalibur 6 which would be a nice tie in with Nightmare. Her series and game has tons of content to draw from with a really unique moveset conent to boot. That being said, she could be seen as like Joker, a character who is restricted to one particualr game in a franchise rather than an overarching franchise like Link or Kirby. And, unlike Cloud or Marth, she has only be featured in content where NeiR: Automata is featured. This hurts her in a way sadly.

Gordon Freeman: Half-Life pioneered the FPS genre when 3D games were just starting to take off and came a year after Goldeneye 007. That being said, Half-Life helped pioneer the PC gaming world along with FPS which really sets both Half-Life and Gordon apart from other submissions. This also includes wealth of content from the series with stages, spirits, music, and more.

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Tough choices here. In the end, I picked Doom Slayer, Ahri, and Heavy, in that order.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I had to go with the ones i think should be most deserving & are my favorites.

That being Travis, Heavy, and Ahri

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, we managed to tie once again for both franchises. That being said, we will be shelving Hatsune Miku for later in the season and just do…

Submit Music for Chrono Trigger

Please submit up to 3 songs. Chrono Trigger will play on all Square-Enid stages accept for Kingdom Hearts. Just only Chrono Trigger, not Chrono cross. We will do Hatsune Miku on a later date.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you to everyone who voted! We greatly appreciate all of the submissions and ballots you casted! We are nearing the end with three more characters after this!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Dante3 (9)5 (10)221
Doomslayer5 (15)5 (10)328
Travis Touchdown3 (9)1 (2)011
Ryu Hayabusa2 (6)038
Heavy2 (6)2 (2)1411
Ahri1 (3)2 (4)310
Ezio01 (2)13
Spyro0033
2B2 (6)3 (6)113
Gordon Freeman2 (6)1 (2)311

Please check the spoilers to see who won!

I had considered doing a run-off poll but considered the number of 3 pointers the top placed character got plus maintaining a six point lead causes me to make the call....

Dooomslayer brings the doom!

Doomslayer finally makes it into Smash after heavily being speculated during Ultimate's DLC period and getting submitted every so often hear in Infinite. With his inclusion, Doomslayer brings in all the possible mechanics that comes with the character plus also the classic Doom franchise content. This all finally brings a FPS and a classic computer game into the Smash umbrella.

I am busy today so I won't be able to start us up on new stuff until later so please just tight and remember to put reactions into spoilers.

D

Deleted member

Not surprising but long overdue. An FPS rep is something we've been talking about since the base game content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom