• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Well, We’re taking realism into account to some extent, because we’re putting limits on the amount of songs, and having a rule to where a characater shouldn’t have entirely new costumes for all of their alts.
yeah but that's less "what sakurai and nintendo would actually do" and more "not doing things that aren't actually possible"

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
yeah but that's less "what sakurai and nintendo would actually do" and more "not doing things that aren't actually possible"
Well given that Geno is from Square, it wouldnt be possible to include him in base game if square said no. I reread the premise, and basically nintendo asks us for concepts and we give it to them. So if Venus asks for something in which Geno could qualify then I suppose we could submit him to nintendo if we voted to do so. For the purpose of not stifling creativity its probably better to just assume square would play ball.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I just wanna say something I don't know anyone else feels about. I don't like that Coco is being decided by a Yes/No poll, and that Waluigi was this way too. I feel like they are getting an advantage other fighters aren't. Other fighters had to compete to get their spot, but Waluigi and Coco are not going against something else, and since they are popular Waluigi won in a landslide and Coco is 50/50. Let's say Coco wins, now we only have 4 more echo fighter slots, and I'm not sure we would be happy in the long run with not having Shadow, Yu Narukami, Mrs. Pacman, and other potential 3rd party echoes, what if she potentially took a spot they could've had.

I'm sorry if I don't make sense as I feel like I might not make any, and if no one understands what I'm trying to say; but I just think Coco should compete with others in a potential upcoming echo fighter poll, I think she is getting an unfair advantage.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I just wanna say something I don't know anyone else feels about. I don't like that Coco is being decided by a Yes/No poll, and that Waluigi was this way too. I feel like they are getting an advantage other fighters aren't. Other fighters had to compete to get their spot, but Waluigi and Coco are not going against something else, and since they are popular Waluigi won in a landslide and Coco is 50/50. Let's say Coco wins, now we only have 4 more echo fighter slots, and I'm not sure we would be happy in the long run with not having Shadow, Yu Narukami, Mrs. Pacman, and other potential 3rd party echoes, what if she potentially took a spot they could've had.

I'm sorry if I don't make sense as I feel like I might not make any, and if no one understands what I'm trying to say; but I just think Coco should compete with others in a potential upcoming echo fighter poll, I think she is getting an unfair advantage.
I agree with this. While I feel that Waluigi was an exception for being the undisputedly most highly requested Smash character, I can't help but feel that we should give all newcomers an equal chance of getting voted in.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace

I Agree, but I think it was done this way because coco would likely be introduced along side Crash a la Simon and Richter.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I Agree, but I think it was done this way because coco would likely be introduced along side Crash a la Simon and Richter.
If this has anything to do with how I introduced Crash in the E3 trailer (Coco appeared beside him), it was a reference and nothing more. I wasn't planning on her being an echo, however I'm open to the idea if we vote on her normally later.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Coco as a semi-clone sounds good, but an echo wouldn’t do her justice with her comparatively humanoid body.
In all Crash games where Coco is playable, she has the same move set as crash and the same hitboxes so I don't think the semantics matter that much. A Semiclone would work, so I'm not dismissing it entirely, but either option would work.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
In all Crash games where Coco is playable, she has the same move set as crash and the same hitboxes so I don't think the semantics matter that much. A Semiclone would work, so I'm not dismissing it entirely, but either option would work.
But Crash is a linear 3D platformer, whereas Smash is a fighting game. Animation and hitboxes mean everything to a fighting game, for a platformer they don’t have to be as specific.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
But Crash is a linear 3D platformer, whereas Smash is a fighting game. Animation and hitboxes mean everything to a fighting game, for a platformer they don’t have to be as specific.
The point I was trying to make was that Coco and Crash aren't nearly as different as you were insinuating. All options including Semi-clone, Echo, Costume would all work, there is no superior option.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Man, I'm really surprised how split we are with this haha.

Personally I think Coco is an ideal echo. Not too different from her counterpart moveset-wise, and would really just need altered animations.

How I see it, she would likely only have a decent shot as an echo. Like I think she'd be a bit out prioritized when it comes to potential semi-clones and such.

That being said, I completely understand if y'all think otherwise. I get this a very divisive topic. Just putting my two cents forward.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I don't necessarily have a problem with her inclusion, it's just that I can think of a good amount of echoes that I would like to see first. With only five echo slots left I just wouldn't personally prioritize her. But hey, if the majority wants her in, then I won't complain.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Considering Isabelle wasn’t made an echo of villager because of proportions I think Coco would work better as a semi-clone. However, I think she gets out prioritized as getting her own slot by other more prominent characters.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok the topic of Geno, I honestly though people would had chosen him as our third party E3 rep. I’ve been thinking of something fun to try to incorporate Geno. Something along the lines of “negotiations” with Square....if we choose to include him that is.

As for Coco, I did the poll because the issue would crop up anyways later on and people wanted to see her protected from Spirit/Mii Costume status. I also like how we are very split in this issue rather then a landslide outcome. That being said, I have something in mind if we do choose to include her as an Echo.

cashregister9 cashregister9 , I think that looks pretty good but could we make the background transparent and remove the white background?

If we get more than one logo, I suppose we can vote on it haha.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Ok the topic of Geno, I honestly though people would had chosen him as our third party E3 rep. I’ve been thinking of something fun to try to incorporate Geno. Something along the lines of “negotiations” with Square....if we choose to include him that is.

As for Coco, I did the poll because the issue would crop up anyways later on and people wanted to see her protected from Spirit/Mii Costume status. I also like how we are very split in this issue rather then a landslide outcome. That being said, I have something in mind if we do choose to include her as an Echo.

cashregister9 cashregister9 , I think that looks pretty good but could we make the background transparent and remove the white background?

If we get more than one logo, I suppose we can vote on it haha.
Here is the Transparent Version of the Main Logo

Here is the Transparent Version of the Smash Ball

Here are 3 variations of the logo using the 2 items

v1:

V2:

V3: (Oh god the slight clipping hurts)

SharkLord SharkLord mentioned something about wanting to make a logo so I'd wait a bit before closing submissions.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In regards to Coco Bandicoot,

If we go with Yes, then we will enter into negotiations with Activision about her inclusion. This could lead to some potentially interesting situations

If we go with No, then she won’t get be fast tracked to the roster but can still be submitted as an Echo fighter.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Quick question about the “secondary franchises must be on Nintendo” rule: I want to add some music and eventually Spirits (when they reopen) from Pizza Tower, a game that isn’t on any Nintendo consoles yet, but does have a relatively major non-playable cameo (an Assist in a game using an MvC2 assist system) in Fraymakers, a Switch game.

How should I handle this? I’d assume either to only use content that is also featured in Fraymakers (which means I’d only be able to include a Peppino spirit - no Noise, Vigilante, or Pepperman spirits; nor music) or just hope Pizza Tower is announced for Switch by the time our project is finished. (Which I seriously doubt given it’s not even finished for its native PC release yet)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Quick question about the “secondary franchises must be on Nintendo” rule: I want to add some music and eventually Spirits (when they reopen) from Pizza Tower, a game that isn’t on any Nintendo consoles yet, but does have a relatively major non-playable cameo (an Assist in a game using an MvC2 assist system) in Fraymakers, a Switch game.

How should I handle this? I’d assume either to only use content that is also featured in Fraymakers (which means I’d only be able to include a Peppino spirit - no Noise, Vigilante, or Pepperman spirits; nor music) or just hope Pizza Tower is announced for Switch by the time our project is finished. (Which I seriously doubt given it’s not even finished for its native PC release yet)
I think we should hold off on this sort of content; especially based on games without an actual release date.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Welp, I slapped together a quick logo
View attachment 302053
This work? If not, I can go back and clean it up a bit more.
That looked more like a title for a Kid Icarus game and gives off a 'holy' vibe which kinda clashes with the word 'Infinite'. I prefer if the font is more sharp and bold and contain a darker color to balance the lighter one.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Welp, I slapped together a quick logo
View attachment 302053
This work? If not, I can go back and clean it up a bit more.
that looks good, but it doesn't exactly look like a super smash bros. logo, its formatted different from the rest of the logos and the font and palette don't really make me think smash bros.

It could still work, the logo isn't all that important, but it's just kinda odd

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I like how the collective Smash Fandom all had the same idea of the new game being called "Infinite". In terms of CoCo. Nah. I think there are a lot more aesthetically interesting Echoes we can shoot for.
I mean I didn't vote a title so I don't know what you're talking about :estatic:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
If I had a way to on my phone, I’d love to create a logo. It’d be in the style of Smash 64’s logo at least. An intentionally campy Wacky PoMo look with a hint of Factory PoMo.

seeing as this is basically supposed to be the culmination of all the smash brothers games it would be fitting if the logo was styled after the original

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I like the darker version, Shark but the balloony aspect kind of throws it off.

For anyone interested, here’s ultimates font

FOT-Rodin Pro UB

This is what I use in my Smash related fan projects. I’ll work on a logo as well but probably on Monday when I have time

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You don’t have to apologize :)

By the way, here’s something to occupy everyone’s time until we vote on the newcomer:

Please only do one character per category and avoid doing the same characters.

CrashBandicootFan1

Smash Cadet
If this has anything to do with how I introduced Crash in the E3 trailer (Coco appeared beside him), it was a reference and nothing more. I wasn't planning on her being an echo, however I'm open to the idea if we vote on her normally later.

Where is your Crash e3 trailer because i want to see it?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If we do decide to include Coco and we do get the rights for her from Activision, then she would be included in a September Smash Mini-Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom