• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Paper Mario would technically be considered a Mario character thus he’s out of the running for now. Historically speaking, characters from the same series don’t often get revealed so close together. The only exception was technically Ridley and Dark Samus but DS wasn’t a full on reveal trailer. Robin and Lucina are from the sane game so this also doesn’t apply here. We also have globs of Mario content right off the bat so I want to hold off for now.

PeridotGX PeridotGX I love the idea and I think it sounds amazing but I’m going to have to decline on this one.

Also, SharkLord SharkLord , none of those games you listed came from a Wii U/Switch system so technically Lyndis doesn’t qualify either unless you decide to remake or do a sequel to Fire Emblem Warriors.

As for Akira, if they get chosen, we can decide on the name then.

But that’s a Wii game... Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , is the error that the Wii was excluded, or that a Wii game was included?
it technically was ported to the Wii U.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 45

Ring Fit Trainer

Image result for ring fit trainer

Ring Fit Trainer is the main character of Ring Fit Adventure. Much like the Wii Fit Trainer, there are both Female and Male Ring Fit Trainers available with 4 costumes each (or I guess in this case 6 costumes each because of the expanded costume selection), but the Female would be the default as she's more prominent in the marketing just like WFT and Inkling.

Ring Fit Adventure is one of Nintendo's big breakout IPs, selling more than 5 million units worldwide in approximately a year. The game has been immensely popular, especially for a brand new IP, and has even outsold Breath of the Wild's physical copies in Japan at one point. Her moveset would be based around fitness and exercise like the Wii Fit Trainer, and she would use her ring to attack opponents and fire projectiles.

The direct would reveal a debut trailer for Ring Fit Adventure Plus, a sequel/enhanced version to the first game with added levels and new exercise mechanics much like Wii Fit Plus was to Wii Fit. There would also be a new campaign mode as well.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
cashregister9 cashregister9 , also Euden also doesn’t qualify as they are currently a mobile exclusive and didn’t originate from the Wii U or Switch

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 45

EUDEN

1) Who this character is.
Euden is the Protagonist of Nintendo and Cygames collaborative Mobile game Dragalia lost

2) Why this character deserves to be in Smash
Dragalia Lost is probably Nintendo's finest mobile game, and it shares creators and DNA with another highly influential Mobile game Granblue Fantasy

3) What would gameplay/moveset look like (summarized)
Euden wields a sword and has very fast sword attacks and the animations are reminiscent of the source game, Euden would also be able to use fire abilities that can be integrated into his sword and can also transform into powerful dragons.
4) Please provide the following about the new game this character is from:
  • Name of the sequel (Pokémon Toy Sword and Wooden Shield for example)
    • Dragalia Lost Arena
  • What system did the first game originate from?
    • The Original was for mobile this spinoff will be a switch exclusive
  • What would the game be like?
    • It would be a 2d Fighting game very similar to Arc System Works Granblue Versus, Only this isn't made by Arc Sys, it's made in house (with help from Cygames). The gameplay is a more standard 2d Fighting but you select 2 characters at the start and adventurer and a dragon, and at somepoint in the match the adventurer can transform into the dragon.
This one fits much better in accordance to the rules
Job 45

TSUBASA ORIBE

1) Who this character is.
Tsubasa Oribe is a major character from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and is technically a Fire Emblem game.

2) Why this character deserves to be in Smash
Tokyo Mirage Sessions was a unique experiment in crossing over franchises in this case Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem crossing over, and what better character for a crossover than a character that is from a crossover

3) What would gameplay/moveset look like (summarized)
She and her Mirage Caeda can use Spears and spells which can be used to attack opponents.
Mirages work similarly to Personas but have their own unique flair as they obey the Fire Emblem Weapon Triangle

4) Please provide the following about the new game this character is from:
  • Name of the sequel (Pokémon Toy Sword and Wooden Shield for example)
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #SMT
  • What system did the first game originate from?
    • Wii U
  • What would the game be like?
    • It would take the concepts from TMS #FE but instead of using Fire emblem like characters and Shin Megami Tensei Gameplay it would use Shin Megami Tensei-esque Characters with gameplay that is more similar to Fire Emblem.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Paper Mario would technically be considered a Mario character thus he’s out of the running for now. Historically speaking, characters from the same series don’t often get revealed so close together. The only exception was technically Ridley and Dark Samus but DS wasn’t a full on reveal trailer. Robin and Lucina are from the sane game so this also doesn’t apply here. We also have globs of Mario content right off the bat so I want to hold off for now.

PeridotGX PeridotGX I love the idea and I think it sounds amazing but I’m going to have to decline on this one.

Also, SharkLord SharkLord , none of those games you listed came from a Wii U/Switch system so technically Lyndis doesn’t qualify either unless you decide to remake or do a sequel to Fire Emblem Warriors.

As for Akira, if they get chosen, we can decide on the name then.

it technically was ported to the Wii U.
The Wii U port of Rhythm Heaven Fever was on the VC, not a disc. that opens up a whole new can on worms - especially given the previous refusal of Lyn.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I had spoken with Venus in DMs, and he had given Krystal the greenlight. However, this seems to have been a mistake, so I will be changing this submission to another character. The original submission for her will be kept in a spoiler tab at the end of this post for future reference, as I'd still like to see her be accepted.

Untitled.png

JOB #45 -- SLIPPY

Slippy Toad is a main character in the Star Fox series, since the series debut in Star Fox for the SNES in 1993. Often getting himself into trouble, Slippy is a bit clumsy and somewhat unsure of himself due to his lack of experience in comparison to the rest of Star Fox. Slippy is a gifted mechanic, aiding in vehicle maintenance and inventing new gadgets and weapons for the team. He even uses his inventions to help out family, such as defending his uncle Grippy's mining company. This, paired with his likeable personality and moreale-boosting presence, makes him an invaluable member of the team.

Slippy, love him or hate him, is both an icon and a meme in the gaming industry. Sure, he may be somewhat annoying with his pleas for help, but his personality and character is etched into the memories of all who know of him. Slippy himself has had a strong history in Smash, being a part of the Star Fox Smash Taunt since Melee, and even butting in on Snake's Smash Taunt. On-foot combat isn't something new for him either, as he's joined Fox before in assaulting Star Wolf's base on-foot.

At his core, Slippy is a spacie. Meaning, like the rest of the Star Fox cast, he would have a high falling speed and gravity. Slippy may not be the best at close combat, but makes up for it by using his inventions to both limit his opponent's options, and give him a slight upper hand. This essentially 'evens' the fight, making him like an engineer character. Regarding his moveset, Slippy has lots of options and source material to pull from. From the weapons and gadgets he uses in Star Fox: Assault, to the stationary defense cameras he uses in Star Fox Guard.

Slippy would be used to promote Star Fox Heroes (working title) for the Nintendo Switch. The game takes place weeks after Star Fox Zero, where the Star Fox crew returns to the Lylat System after failing to apprehend Wolf. However, Andross survived the event of Zero, and launched a surprise attack on the Lylat System after Wolf successfully lured Star Fox away. The team must work to liberate planets from Andross's control, teaming up with allies old and new to fight back. Slippy, like the rest of the Star Fox team, is available as a playable character from the start of the game.

JOB #45 -- KRYSTAL

Krystal is a prominent character from the Star Fox series, whose first appearance was in Star Fox Adventures back in 2002. After the plight of Sauria, Krystal joined the Star Fox team, where she put her combat skills and telepathy to use. In combat, she's adept with her staff (a powerful weapon and tool with many uses), as well as the weapons and equipment used by the rest of Star Fox. Her telepathy allows her to read thought patterns and sense distress signals, which becomes vital for the team as they work throughout the Lylat System.

Krystal has been a highly requested character for the Smash series for over a decade. She almost made the cut in Brawl, but lost out to Wolf due to time constraints, who could be developed using Fox as a base. She became an Assist Trophy in Ultimate, no doubt thanks to her support in the fighter ballot. Her popularity has been enough to get her added into several fan-games, such as Super Smash Flash 2 and Super Smash Bros. Crusade, where she stands out among the rest of the Star Fox cast. Perhaps in an Ultimate sequel is where she will finally get her chance in an official Smash game.

At her core, Krystal is a "spacie". Meaning, like the rest of the Star Fox cast, she would have high falling speed and gravity. This would make her a very combo-oriented fighter, yet makes her very susceptible to combos. As far as moveset, there is lots of room for interpretation. She could be entirely staff-focused, just like in her debut game, or can have tools from the Star Fox team mixed in, like in SSF2 and Crusade. Either way, she would be the most unique of the Star Fox cast.

Krystal would be used to promote Star Fox Heroes (working title) for the Nintendo Switch. The game takes place weeks after Star Fox Zero, where the Star Fox crew returns to the Lylat System after failing to apprehend Wolf. However, Andross survived the events of Star Fox Zero, and launched a surprise attack on the Lylat System after Wolf successfully lured Star Fox away. The team must work to liberate planets from Andross's control, teaming up with allies old and new to fight back. Krystal in particular being the key ally on Sauria, where Andross has begun to enslave the dinosaur natives. After completing main and side missions on Sauria, she becomes a playable character.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace

JOB #45 -- KRYSTAL

Krystal is a prominent character from the Star Fox series, whose first appearance was in Star Fox Adventures back in 2002. After the plight of Sauria, Krystal joined the Star Fox team, where she put her combat skills and telepathy to use. In combat, she's adept with her staff (a powerful weapon and tool with many uses), as well as the weapons and equipment used by the rest of Star Fox. Her telepathy allows her to read thought patterns and sense distress signals, which becomes vital for the team as they work throughout the Lylat System.

Krystal has been a highly requested character for the Smash series for over a decade. She almost made the cut in Brawl, but lost out to Wolf due to time constraints, who could be developed using Fox as a base. She became an Assist Trophy in Ultimate, no doubt thanks to her support in the fighter ballot. Her popularity has been enough to get her added into several fan-games, such as Super Smash Flash 2 and Super Smash Bros. Crusade, where she stands out among the rest of the Star Fox cast. Perhaps in an Ultimate sequel is where she will finally get her chance in an official Smash game.

At her core, Krystal is a "spacie". Meaning, like the rest of the Star Fox cast, she would have high falling speed and gravity. This would also make her a very combo-oriented fighter, yet also very susceptible to them. As far as moveset, there is lots of room for interpretation. She could be entirely staff-focused, just like in her debut game, or can have tools from the Star Fox team mixed in, like in SSF2 and Crusade. Either way, she would be the most unique of the Star Fox cast.

Krystal would be used to promote Star Fox Heroes (working title) for the Nintendo Switch. The game takes place weeks after Star Fox Zero, where the Star Fox crew returns to the Lylat System after failing to apprehend Wolf. However, Andross survived the event of Zero, and launched a surprise attack on the Lylat System after Wolf successfully lured Star Fox away. The team must work to liberate planets from Andross's control, teaming up with allies old and new to fight back. Krystal in particular being the key ally on Sauria, where Andross has begun to enslave the dinosaur natives.
So Nintendo wants us to include a promotion character to advertise one of their upcoming games. According to the letter, they want us to include a 1st party character from a Nintendo Switch or Wii U title that would be included as a promotion. This promotion would come from an upcoming sequel from the original game.
Sorry, but that's incorrect.

Edit: Basically, Krystal isn't allowed as she wasn't in Star Fox Zero or a Switch/Wii U game

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry guys, I’m working on super slow internet right now and it’s taking me forever to make a post.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sure, let me redefine some things to make this process easier:
  • Lyndis can be permitted as she was derived from Fire Emblem Warriors.
  • Rhythm Heaven fighter will be permitted as this was a mistake on my part for not properly researching the series enough. I was under the impression this was ported over to the Wii U.
  • As for the Stork, Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario , am I correct that the Stork never appeared on a Wii U/Switch game? If so, then this would disqualify them. That being said, could I recommend putting forth Poochy as a possible replacement?
  • AlphaSSB AlphaSSB , I was under the impression Krystal was in Star Fox Zero. That doesn’t seem to be the case when I went to check on Wikipedia. In the same vein as Stork/Poochy, could you possibly replace Krystal with some like Slippy or maybe even Andross?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, Lyn's back in action. Though, maybe it would help out a bit if there was a Warriors tie-in to the Elibe remake, so it feels less tangential. Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , is it fine if we squeeze more than one new game into our submissions?
If it’s like a working-pair in the same vein as Pokémon or the Fates games, then sure.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Not a 1st party character, but would Rabbid Peach be permissible as a submission? She’s owned by Ubisoft and from a Ubisoft published game but is in a Mario game and derivative of a Mario character. I seriously have no other good options from the 1st party Wii U/Switch libraries.

EDIT: just remembered the Mario rule, never mind.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OK, so if Lyn can count thanks to FE Warriors, I might have a new choice here.
Tingle

Who?:
Tingle is a recurring character in the Legend of Zelda series and the main protagonist of his own Tingle series (which he would represent). Much like Link; Zelda; and Ganondorf, Tingle reincarnates every thousand or so years and often finds himself crossing paths with the Triforce of Courage holder. Between all depictions of Tingle are usually shared traits of greed, perversion, and a fascination with forest fairies - in addition to a career making maps and flying around on a balloon. In the first Tingle adventure, Freshly-Picked: Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland, it is revealed Tingle is not a single character but rather a state of being that requires you have Rupees to survive; while in Ripened: Tingle’s Balloon Trip of Love Tingle gets sucked into a magical book, teams up with a familiar trio known as Kakashi; Buriki; and Lion, and must choose a date (some of which are of dubious age) to go back to his home.

Why?:
Tingle is a highly popular character in Japanese territories, and has a cult following elsewhere. He has made multiple appearances in the Zelda franchise in addition to his own well-regarded starring roles. (which got best seller status in Japan) Tingle could serve as a wacky joke reveal at first, but would not overstay his welcome either and as such still be an interesting addition to the roster even once the novelty value fades away. Tingle could serve as a Zelda representative who isn’t a form of Link, Zelda, or Ganon while also representing a lesser known Nintendo franchise in the process. There is quite a bit of moveset potential for Tingle - balloons, rupee blasters, and bombs for example - that could make him a quirky, unpredictable character, especially when combined with his overeffeminate, childish nature.

Basic Gameplay:
Tingle could be a powerful but slow lightweight with a unique mechanic - rupees. He loses rupees upon hit, losing power in the process. He can sell his special moves for downgraded versions, getting back more rupees. Each special move has 3, gradually worse versions, though they all share the same damage output, which can of course be improved with more rupees. His weapons would go back to top tier upon KO, but rupees I’m currently unsure on.

New Game:
After the success of Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Nintendo was interested in making another Zelda Warriors game - but Tecmo needed a catch to get people interested: thus, Tingle Warriors was born. Featuring characters from the 2 Tingle adventures, some of the weirder characters from the canon Zelda universe as well as a whole slew of new, surreal characters it takes a tongue in cheek look at the world of Zelda, with the same iconic hack and slash gameplay of the Warriors games. Rumour has it Nintendo are doing negotiations with a certain Dutch conglomerate to get in a highly requested character.... I sure hope Nintendo has enough Rubies!

NOTICE: I had forgotten Tingle has a Mii costume already when I posted this. I do not see any reason for Tingle and his costume to not coexist given Tingle’s outfit is a wacky getup that a lot of players would enjoy having their self insert Miis or favourite celebrities try on. His role in Great Bay could be Alfonzo’d, possibly with one of the Tingle brothers, a Tingle series character like Uncle Rupee or Pinkle, or even Purlo, Tingle’s counterpart from Twilight Princess.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
**** it

NEW CHALLENGER: SPRING MAN SPRINGS INTO BATTLE
Image result for spring man

It's no suprise Spring Man is a potential canidate. After Ultimate, Sakurai released ARMS 2, the most ambitious game in history (and is working on the movie adaptation as we speak). Spring Man, real name James, had an incredible heel turn, and should be rewarded for it with a slot in Smash.

Spring Man could be a more traditional character, as compared to Min "Min Min" Min's weird moveset. There are also cues we could take from ARMS 2 and the movie, such as the springtron units, the trained snipers, and the Helix Juice.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
**** it

NEW CHALLENGER: SPRING MAN SPRINGS INTO BATTLE
Image result for spring man

It's no suprise Spring Man is a potential canidate. After Ultimate, Sakurai released ARMS 2, the most ambitious game in history (and is working on the movie adaptation as we speak). Spring Man, real name James, had an incredible heel turn, and should be rewarded for it with a slot in Smash.

Spring Man could be a more traditional character, as compared to Min "Min Min" Min's weird moveset. There are also cues we could take from ARMS 2 and the movie, such as the springtron units, the trained snipers, and the Helix Juice.
DepressionWatch.jpg

-Biff, commenting on James' landslide victory, landing ten full votes over everyone else (2021, colorized)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I also made a quick logo for the project. We can hold a voting period if we want a few days from now though this wasn’t an actual job for us. The yellow and white is to reflect Smashboard’s color template since this project is on Smashboards lol. I went away from the curved form and went with something that feels progressive and modern but also tying back to past games.

E5D3B342-3D5D-43DE-B716-86691CC35741.png

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #45: Ashley

Ashley is the girl next door, living in a haunted mansion one of the recurring characters in the WarioWare series, and also one of the most popular ones. She's a witch who somehow ends up dragged into Wario's game development scheme and, like all the other characters, makes microgames for him. Ashley is rarely seen without her imp friend(/servant?) Red, who transforms into her wand - which is the form he would take for most of the time in Smash.

As a witch, Ashley would primarily fight using spells, relying on directly offensive magic but also casting hexes to debuff and apply status effects to her opponents. Since we don't really have a spellcaster character, much less a stereotypical witch, I think that archetype alone has enough to craft a moveset for her. But if need be, she can always pull from her microgames to give her that trademark WarioWare zaniness.

I chose Ashley because it's safe to say that she's the breakout character of the WarioWare series, much like Isabelle is for Animal Crossing - for many people I think they'd know her without knowing where she's from. If I'm honest, I'd rather have Mona, but given Nintendo's penchant for promoting Ashley, and the fact that she's the Assist Trophy for WarioWare, I think it's clear she's first in line (and also more likely to get voted in, heh). But seriously, I think she barely missed out on Ultimate, and that's something that oughta be fixed.

Alas, that's why I say she should be in, but in this timeline, the good can only come with the bad, and Nintendo didn't choose her for being a good pick. They chose her to promote a new game: a sequel... to Game & Wario.

This sequel, called Fame & Wario, sees Wario get tired of the whole game development mess and decides to get into the movie business - and his friends, starstruck and wishing to get famous, gladly help him out. Like the Wii U original, Fame & Wario is a compilation of smaller games of varying degrees of depth and quality, but this time within the framing device of being shorts directed by and starring the characters of WarioWare. Ashley's is called Crazy Galaxy, and is based on the April's Fools joke from the Nintendo Badge Arcade, in which Ashley and four other teenagers fight aliens (to the delight of her fans, it's actually the best game in the collection). Crazy Galaxy gets a lot of focus in development and marketing and so Nintendo decides to add Ashley to Smash to capitalize on it; her design from Crazy Galaxy is an alt costume.

The game, like its predecessor, is poorly received by critics and fans of Wario (with the exception of Wario Land fans, who have mixed feelings about seeing Captain Syrup finally return as the villain in Wario's pirate movie). It performs below expectations for Nintendo, who promptly learn the lesson that people just don't want Wario in games. Therefore the WarioWare series goes into a totally understandable and justified hiatus. After a couple of years, Nintendo figures they finally cracked the code of what fans want, and so they unveil the highly anticipated sequel... Wario: Master of Disguise 2.

But, hey, at least we got Ashley in Smash!

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Job #45: Ashley

Ashley is the girl next door, living in a haunted mansion one of the recurring characters in the WarioWare series, and also one of the most popular ones. She's a witch who somehow ends up dragged into Wario's game development scheme and, like all the other characters, makes microgames for him. Ashley is rarely seen without her imp friend(/servant?) Red, who transforms into her wand - which is the form he would take for most of the time in Smash.

As a witch, Ashley would primarily fight using spells, relying on directly offensive magic but also casting hexes to debuff and apply status effects to her opponents. Since we don't really have a spellcaster character, much less a stereotypical witch, I think that archetype alone has enough to craft a moveset for her. But if need be, she can always pull from her microgames to give her that trademark WarioWare zaniness.

I chose Ashley because it's safe to say that she's the breakout character of the WarioWare series, much like Isabelle is for Animal Crossing - for many people I think they'd know her without knowing where she's from. If I'm honest, I'd rather have Mona, but given Nintendo's penchant for promoting Ashley, and the fact that she's the Assist Trophy for WarioWare, I think it's clear she's first in line (and also more likely to get voted in, heh). But seriously, I think she barely missed out on Ultimate, and that's something that oughta be fixed.

Alas, that's why I say she should be in, but in this timeline, the good can only come with the bad, and Nintendo didn't choose her for being a good pick. They chose her to promote a new game: a sequel... to Game & Wario.

This sequel, called Fame & Wario, sees Wario get tired of the whole game development mess and decides to get into the movie business - and his friends, starstruck and wishing to get famous, gladly help him out. Like the Wii U original, Fame & Wario is a compilation of smaller games of varying degrees of depth and quality, but this time within the framing device of being shorts directed by and starring the characters of WarioWare. Ashley's is called Crazy Galaxy, and is based on the April's Fools joke from the Nintendo Badge Arcade, in which Ashley and four other teenagers fight aliens (to the delight of her fans, it's actually the best game in the collection). Crazy Galaxy gets a lot of focus in development and marketing and so Nintendo decides to add Ashley to Smash to capitalize on it; her design from Crazy Galaxy is an alt costume.

The game, like its predecessor, is poorly received by critics and fans of Wario (with the exception of Wario Land fans, who have mixed feelings about seeing Captain Syrup finally return as the villain in Wario's pirate movie). It performs below expectations for Nintendo, who promptly learn the lesson that people just don't want Wario in games. Therefore the WarioWare series goes into a totally understandable and justified hiatus. After a couple of years, Nintendo figures they finally cracked the code of what fans want, and so they unveil the highly anticipated sequel... Wario: Master of Disguise 2.

But, hey, at least we got Ashley in Smash!
You've been thinking about this for awhile, haven't you?

Also, did Ashley actually have a unique design in that Crazy Galaxy thing?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You've been thinking about this for awhile, haven't you?

Also, did Ashley actually have a unique design in that Crazy Galaxy thing?
Would you believe me if I told you I came up with it on the fly? I almost chose Midna for a 40th anniversary port of Twilight Princess HD. But that would've been way more boring.

And yeah, Ashley has a different look in Crazy Galaxy. She wears a red jacket over a black dress, and headphones. Here's some blurry concept art:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Just asking, I still don't understand the criteria on submitting a character. Are we going to pretend that the sequel must tied to the character and they have to have a moveset based on that game which probably going to ignore their previous appearance because it's supposed to be promotional character?

And can we include a minor side character and pretend that this hypothetical sequel will have them be the main character like for example Fox's son, Marcus, who have only been mentioned in Star Fox Assault will be the main character in the next StarFox game?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have some questions:
Are characters from 3DS games allowed, or would it only be Wii U/Switch games?
Regarding the new alts costumes for veterans, will they be included as Fighter Spirits?
Yes, they will become Fighter Spirits. No, this won’t include 3DS games.

Just asking, I still don't understand the criteria on submitting a character. Are we going to pretend that the sequel must tied to the character and they have to have a moveset based on that game which probably going to ignore their previous appearance because it's supposed to be promotional character?

And can we include a minor side character and pretend that this hypothetical sequel will have them be the main character like for example Fox's son, Marcus, who have only been mentioned in Star Fox Assault will be the main character in the next StarFox game?
Basically, we submit a character that can be included in a sequel to a game that appeared on the Wii U/Switch plus a working synopsis of the sequel. Once we vote and decide on a character, not only will be work on the moveset and gameplay content; we will also work on content for that sequel. While we will largely be basing content on their canon appearance; we can also be rather creative with some of the content.

Did Marcus appear in Star Fox Zero? If not, then no, Marcus doesn’t count.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Basically, we submit a character that can be included in a sequel to a game that appeared on the Wii U/Switch plus a working synopsis of the sequel. Once we vote and decide on a character, not only will be work on the moveset and gameplay content; we will also work on content for that sequel. While we will largely be basing content on their canon appearance; we can also be rather creative with some of the content.

Did Marcus appear in Star Fox Zero? If not, then no, Marcus doesn’t count.
So that means that only character that appeared in Wii U and Switch and nothing else besides Mario, Kirby and other character who already included before?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So that means that only character that appeared in Wii U and Switch and nothing else besides Mario, Kirby and other character who already included before?
Ideally, we will be restricting it to a first-party character who had an appearance on those two consoles in order to tie the sequel to. Of course, this has been tied to loosely such as Lyndis and Tingle appearing in the Warriors games.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions will be open for 12 more hours. If you need to make a change due to the criteria, please do so within this window of time.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
PROMO CHARACTER
Tiki

Tiki has been a reoccurring character in Fire Emblem ever since the first game in which she was a little child and raised by Bantu after waking her up in the Ice Dragon Temple and saved by Marth after being brainwashed by Gharnef, she will then appear in Awakening where she's all grown up where she resides in the Mila tree as she play a major role in the story. She's a Manakete and the daughter/descendant? of Naga whomst the leader of the Divine Dragon, her last appearance is in Tokyo Mirage Session #Fe Encore and the English translation of Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light which makes her in a better position than anybody and probably the most relevant out of all of them.

Her Smash incarnation will be her as a child as it is the most popular appearance that she has in the series, particularly in New Mystery of the Emblem. While she has ability to transform into her dragon form it will most likely be used just in her most powerful moves (Smash Attack and Final Smash) while the rest of her moveset will uses her wings as form of attack which you could see in her various concept art (sometimes feathery and sometimes draconic), her Dragonstone (just like in Warriors), elemental attack like Fire and Ice Breath as well light magic and other attack uses by her fellow Manakete, which is her class in the game. While even if the uniqueness of her transformation ability already been taken by Corrin she's has a very different moveset compare to Corrin as she didn't uses her sword and also representing Fire Emblem's roch selection of Races. She will be a pretty defensive but pack a lot of punch which stem from her role as a damsel when she was a child despite her being a Divine Dragon.

"Why her?" You might asked. Well, just like I said before her status as a character in Fire Emblem is being a figure to future character just like Marth and has been inseparable ever and could be seen together with him in a lot of crossover moreso than his own wife which is kinda funny if you think about it.

As for a new game... Hmm, while I'm not in the development team or even an employee at Intelligence System I've heard that they're in the making of game based on the Archanea Series which is going to be a continuation story after Gaiden/Shadow of Valentia and not only that, considering the 3 Archanea Series of game has been remaked they're also making a sequel to not only the remake but also the original in which was favored heavily after the success of the SDatBoL localization during the series' Anniversary last year. This game said to be done after they finished translating Mystery of the Emblem, The Remake and Gaiden, all in one pack. About the gameplay.. while I don't what it's going to be I'd say that it will be a modernization of the previous mechanic mixed with some element from 3H.​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Positions open

If you wish to apply for one of these positions, please contact me via PM or DM in discord. I can’t guarantee that you will get the position. Only members of our developing partner team can apply.

I’m looking for someone to take the position of Deputy Director. This position would share the responsibilities of managing the day-to-day of the thread. This is an extremely important and pivotal position and will require a near-daily contact with the Director due to discussion involving the thread.

Duties & Responsibilities
  • Working with the Director to deliver fun and engaging jobs and assignments for the thread.
  • Compiling submissions for voting
  • Counting votes
  • Starting and finishing jobs
  • Keeping the thread up to a high standard in its format and presentation.
  • Keeping in contact with the Director
  • Filling in for the Director if they are unable to perform the job within the usual capacity

Second, I’m looking for a team of three to work on our characters in the same attention of detail and scrutiny that you find on the Smashwiki. This will be the Character Development Team. Once we submit and vote on a character’s moveset (newcomer or veteran), it’s this teams duty to expand on the content that’s availiable. This process will consist within a doc shared between the Director and Deputy Direction and the development team. Once a character is finished, the directors are alerted and we replace the current build with the newer one.

Duties & Responsibilities:
  • expanding the moves descriptions
  • Adding damage percentages
  • Adding attack properties, frame data, and other important info
  • Expanding gameplay descriptions for the characters that’s on par to SmashWiki’s standards as well as stat info such as jump, dash, weight, etc.
  • Keeping character articles clean and concise in a readable yet engaging format
  • Finetuning the character post/launch via patches and updates
The third open positions is the Graphics Team. This consists of two people who provide graphics such as banners, character content, images for movesets, alternate colors, etc. Knowledge with Photoshop, gimp, or any other image editor is a must.

Duties & Responsibilities

• Providing graphics for that thread including logos, roster images, alternate colors, HUD portraits, etc.
  • Listening to advice from the thread in regards to graphic content
  • Be open for discussion with the Directors in regards to future content that may need graphics

Finally, the last position that is open is Quality Assurance. This position is open for one person currently and is a fact checker that will periodically go through the thread and any related docs to make sure all our content and information is factual and correct.

Duties & Responsibilities:
  • Checking the thread and docs for any sort of wrong information or content
  • Crosschecking various sections to make sure information translates correctly (ensure that our Spirit Battle music contains music actually within the game via our music doc is an example)
  • This job also makes sure our content makes sense within a Smash context and may be required to correct any information or make it more easily accessible for other readers.
  • Making sure our content aligns up with the rest of the project (new Spirit abilities are properly categorized is an example)
  • Keeping in contact with the Directors to ensure our information and knowledge is correct.
If you wish to apply for one of these positions, please contact me via PM or DM in discord. I can’t guarantee that you will get the position. Only members of our developing partner team can apply.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job #45
Toxtricity

Who?
Toxtricity is a Pokemon from Pokemon Sword and Sheild. It is a poison and electric dual type Pokemon that was introduced in the eighth generation of Pokemon evolving from Toxel.

Why?
Toxtricity is a super popular pokemon from the newest generation, being voted as the second most popular pokemon of its region during the Pokemon of the Year votes, ranking above all the starters in its region, and placing 14th out of all Pokemon. It also has a Gigaitmax form, being one of the handful of Pokemon with a form.

Basic Gameplay:
Toxtricity would place in the lighter half of fighters, but it would use powerful poison attacks, with the occasional electric attack. For its Final smash, it would giganitmax and uses it signature G-Max move Stun Shock.

New Game:
Pokemon Sword 2 and Pokemon Shield 2. Much like with Black and White, Sword and Shield recieved sequels which take two years after the events of Sword and Sheild. Leon is now the chairman for the Pokemon League and the newest champion's ace pokemon is Toxtricity. Other notable changes is that Hop is now the assistant to Professor Sonia and Professor Magnolia. Bede, Marnie and Kiara/Avery are new gym leaders in the league. The region now includes all of the Pokemon present in the Crown Tundra and the Armor Isles, plus another 200 Pokemon including but not limited to the lines of Snubull, Ducklett, Pidgey, Glameow, Cranidos, Shieldon, Shroomish, Paras, Chespin, Fenniken and Froakie, in addition to new Galarian forms of several Pokemon such as Beautifly, Duskox, Buizel, Floatzel, Seel and Dewgong.

Edit: Also, I was close to picking Wonder Red, but I wasn't sure where the Wonderful 101 is when it comes to who owns the IP.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited: