• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros. Evolution
Super Smash Bros. All-Stars
Super Smash Bros. Infinite
Super Smash Bros. Royale

Shiba Inu
Beagle

also seems like you forgot my Nintendo submission.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Title Submission
1. Super Smash Bros. Alliance

2. Super Smash Bros. All-Stars
3. Super Smash Bros. Infinite

4. Super Smash Bros. Zenith

Title Submission
1. Shiba Inu
2. Cocker Spaniel

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Super Smash Bros. Evolution
Super Smash Bros. All-Stars
Super Smash Bros. Royale

Shiba Inu
Beagle

also seems like you forgot my Nintendo submission.
I did? Which one was it?

I just found it. The Jack Russel? I will add it to the the list but I will put an additional 4 compensation points for it.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Based on a Character in the Roster

1. Duck Hunt Hat Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 4
2. Ganondorf BowserKing BowserKing 0
3. Ness CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 10
4. Robin cashregister9 cashregister9 5
5. Terry @The Fantasy Smasher 10

6. Lucario Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 4
7. Falco @Mushroomguy12 2
8. Mega Man Perkilator Perkilator 5
9. Pit Paraster Paraster 3
10. Wario Otoad64 Otoad64 4
11. Sephiroth Golden Icarus Golden Icarus 5
12. Pokémon Trainer Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto 11

13. King Dedede Krookodilian Krookodilian 2
14. Joker @GoodGrief741 11
Bowser SmasherMaster SmasherMaster 7
16. Mewtwo @evanwoo10 1

Based on a secondary/minor character or enemy

1. Kumatora Hoodie @Wario Wario Wario 6

2. Gardevoir BowserKing BowserKing 1
3. Gatekeeper CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 13
4. Mona cashregister9 cashregister9 3
5. Tingle @The Fantasy Smasher 7
6. Space Pirate @Venus of the Desert Bloom 2
7. Melia @Mushroomguy12 3
8. Primid Perkilator Perkilator 11
9. Enemy Octoling Paraster Paraster 4
10. Adeleine Otoad64 Otoad64 4
11. Sheldon Golden Icarus Golden Icarus 3
12. Korok Mask Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto 2
13. Ball Guy Krookodilian Krookodilian 11
14. Paulina @GoodGrief741 9

15. Galarian Slowbro SmasherMaster SmasherMaster 6

16. Mimikyu @evanwoo10 3

It looks like we will have to do a tie breaker as those are in light blue. If someone could check the votes to see if they are all correct, that will be great. I’m pretty busy right now as I have to go to work but I will be setting up a way for us to decide on which will get the 6th Mii Costume spot.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here is the Google Form to decide on which costume will be the last one to be included. Please only vote for one. People can vote for their own.

Please vote here

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think we are ok to close the Mii Fighter costume voting. Thank you for taking the time to vote.

Forms response chart. Question title: Category 1: Based on a veteran fighter. Number of responses: 13 responses.

Forms response chart. Question title: Category 2: Based on a supporting:minor character from a first party franchise. Number of responses: 13 responses.

We will be including Robin which was submitted by cashregister9 cashregister9 and Kumatora Hoodie which was submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario .

Thank your everyone for your submissions! This was greatly appreciated. There is a good chance that those that weren’t included may be included at. A later date if we need costumes so I will be going back to the results if that is the case.

We will be closing up voting for the title and the Nintendog a little early, in about 10 hours and then announce the results. Following that, we will take a small break over the weekend and then kick off the next week with...

Our next newcomer! This newcomer will be featured in the post-E3 Nintendo Direct which is set to air in August (according to our timeline).

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I think we are ok to close the Mii Fighter costume voting. Thank you for taking the time to vote.

View attachment 301938
View attachment 301940

We will be including Robin which was submitted by cashregister9 cashregister9 and Galarian Slowbro which was submitted by SmasherMaster SmasherMaster .

Thank your everyone for your submissions! This was greatly appreciated. There is a good chance that those that weren’t included may be included at. A later date if we need costumes so I will be going back to the results if that is the case.

We will be closing up voting for the title and the Nintendog a little early, in about 10 hours and then announce the results. Following that, we will take a small break over the weekend and then kick off the next week with...

Our next newcomer! This newcomer will be featured in the post-E3 Nintendo Direct which is set to air in August (according to our timeline).
...Kumatora won the poll.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

View attachment 301938
View attachment 301940

We will be including Robin which was submitted by cashregister9 cashregister9 and Kumatora Hoodie which was submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario .

Hey, me and Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario are tied at 30.8% for our respective choices!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Casting my votes...

Title
1. Alliance (love this name actually)
2. Nova
3. Reawakening
4. Evolution

Nintendogs
1. Jack Russel Terrier
2. Maltese

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results for the title of our project and the Nintendog! The results were pretty surprising to say the least!

Title Submission
Super Smash Bros. Elite Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 2
Super Smash Bros. Evolution Otoad64 Otoad64 4
Super Smash Bros. ULT2MATE CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 3
Super Smash Bros. Ultimatum Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 5
Super Smash Bros. UltiMAXIMUM cashregister9 cashregister9 1
Super Smash Bros. Zenith Krookodilian Krookodilian 3
Super Smash Bros. Infinite @Smashing Ramen 9
Super Smash Bros. Clash Paraster Paraster 2
Super Smash Bros. All-Stars @The Fantasy Smasher 7
Super Smash Bros. Supreme Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto 3
Super Smash Bros. Royale @ahemtoday 6
Super Smash Bros. Reawakening @evanwoo10 3
Super Smash Bros. Nova @GoodGrief741 5
Super Smash Bros. Alliance @PeridotGX 5
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Special @Adrianette Bromide 3
Super Smash Bros. Explosion Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 0
Super Smash Bros. Spectacle SmasherMaster SmasherMaster 2
Legendary Smash Bros. SharkLord SharkLord 2
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Deluxe @Mushroomguy12 6

Nintendog Submission

Jack Russel Terrier
Otoad64 Otoad64 4 (including compensation posts for failing to include the submission until later)
Bull Terrier Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto 3
Shiba Inu Speed Weed Speed Weed 12
Beagle @Smashing Ramen 4
Maltese @evanwoo10 3
Dalmatian Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 4
Cocker Spaniel @Mushroomguy12 3

Both winners have many votes awarded to them making them a clear winner even from the beginning. It was pretty obvious by looking at how the votes were going that there was an obvious direction people wanted to go in.

Starting from here on out, we are now called....

And with that, we are now finished with our E3 content. We will be taking a short break over the weekend but feel free to discuss the project, our current roster, or anything else you would like to see happen in the future.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, about our future plan.. how about we negotiate with a brand new company like SNK, that would be fun to do?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have our boss presentation planned for our huge Smash Direct in April (within this project’s timeline...it’s currently late June lol).

That being said, we will dive deeper into the idea of Boss Spheres that we discussed in the Discord a while back. This was an idea where you collected spheres to assemble a boss (aka a super powered assist trophy) while in a match. They would be very powerful but less so compared to thier classic route forms.

Oh yeah, about our future plan.. how about we negotiate with a brand new company like SNK, that would be fun to do?
That would be really fun. We could even roll dice to see how well we can negotiate but perhaps that would be best for the Discord.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I agree that we should handle Geno in a similar way to Waluigi, seeing how highly requested he is.
If he's relegated to a Mii Costume, I suggest we make it a Bomberman-style costume, with alt colors and a remix of Forest Maze. If we're going to make a highly-requested a character a Mii Costume for the third game in a row, we should at least make it a deluxe style one.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Regarding Geno I think one question we need to consider is whether this project is going to be what we would like to see in a sequel, or what we would think a sequel would actually look like, or a mix of both. If we go with the former, I'm sure Geno would get in, despite his detractors, but if we go for a realistic approach there might be a different outcome. Not only are Geno's odds of realistically getting in not super high (I suppose thats a matter of opinion though), but Square Enix also seems to not want to put content in the base game. All of the fighter picks so far are picks that could realistically happen, but thats not a guarantee to be the case for the rest of the picks. While the most realistic characters tend to be the more popular ones, there are definitely popular characters who are not very likely, and very likely characters who are not very popular but are extremely likely, mainly first party "shill" picks.

This question applies to the rest of the project as well, but fighter picks are the most affected by it, since Items, Mii costumes, Assists, and Spirits have more of them, less negotiation (presumably), and are more of the "side" parts of the game so to speak. Given that our current system is just a vote it would be hard to prevent it from being a popularity contest, but I do think that deciding on whether the focus should be what we want as a sequel, vs. What we think a sequel would be is an important question going forward.

For me personally, While I want Geno in smash, I wouldn't be upset with a deluxe mii & Forest Maze Remix. If we decide to just do what we want in a sequel, I would vote for him, but if we want to keep it realistic I'm not so sure that I would vote for his inclusion.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Regarding Geno I think one question we need to consider is whether this project is going to be what we would like to see in a sequel, or what we would think a sequel would actually look like, or a mix of both. If we go with the former, I'm sure Geno would get in, despite his detractors, but if we go for a realistic approach there might be a different outcome. Not only are Geno's odds of realistically getting in not super high (I suppose thats a matter of opinion though), but Square Enix also seems to not want to put content in the base game. All of the fighter picks so far are picks that could realistically happen, but thats not a guarantee to be the case for the rest of the picks. While the most realistic characters tend to be the more popular ones, there are definitely popular characters who are not very likely, and very likely characters who are not very popular but are extremely likely, mainly first party "shill" picks.

This question applies to the rest of the project as well, but fighter picks are the most affected by it, since Items, Mii costumes, Assists, and Spirits have more of them, less negotiation (presumably), and are more of the "side" parts of the game so to speak. Given that our current system is just a vote it would be hard to prevent it from being a popularity contest, but I do think that deciding on whether the focus should be what we want as a sequel, vs. What we think a sequel would be is an important question going forward.

For me personally, While I want Geno in smash, I wouldn't be upset with a deluxe mii & Forest Maze Remix. If we decide to just do what we want in a sequel, I would vote for him, but if we want to keep it realistic I'm not so sure that I would vote for his inclusion.
I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be what we would do if we jointly made a sequel to ultimate

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be what we would do if we jointly made a sequel to ultimate
I know that this isn’t a prediction thread, but I guess I’m just wondering how much we are valuing realism, because that would influence what I think we should do about Geno, as well as other things I’m sure.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I know that this isn’t a prediction thread, but I guess I’m just wondering how much we are valuing realism, because that would influence what I think we should do about Geno, as well as other things I’m sure.
it's just the thing is anything we do is technically realistic within this scenario because we are the ones making the decisions

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
it's just the thing is anything we do is technically realistic within this scenario because we are the ones making the decisions
Well, We’re taking realism into account to some extent, because we’re putting limits on the amount of songs, and having a rule to where a characater shouldn’t have entirely new costumes for all of their alts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom