• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Went with P. Head, Kerrigan and Nightmare, in that order. Nightmare's a good pick but we've already added 2 Namco characters in our last two seasons whereas I....don't think we've ever added a new Konami rep. Also Silent Hill is such a hugely important series

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here's my views on our lineup:

Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid)
I really wanted to see us add a MGS second rep but seeing as how Raiden was deconfirmed pretyy early on and attempts at adding big Boss or Liquid Snake was shot down, it seems a stretch to add a character; even if its Ocelot.

Vergil (Devil May Cry)
The fan in me says "no, Dante first" but the person who likes seeing upsets is like "Yes, let's add Vergil now!!!" I like the idea of Vergil being added but, beyond that, Dante is important enough to warrant inclusion. Unlike Tekken and ARMS, Dante is the main character of DMC. If anything, Vergil is the second main character. The "Everyone is the Main Character" theory doesn't really apply.

Emet-Selch (Final Fantasy)
I love Final Fantasy but this was a huge stretch for me. If we were to include a FF villain, I would much rather go with Kefka, Ultimecia, Garland, or even Chaos. This one doesn't make too much sense to me.

Handsome Jack (Borderlands)
I know very little of Borderlands and, from what I do know about it, I am not so interested. Nothing really speaks out to me about Handsome Jack and trying to do research about Handsome Jack doesn't sink me into him being playable. Like, I can agree with a Borderlands stage as a DLC stage but, as a character rep, hmmmmm....I am going to sit on this.

Master Xenahort (Kingdom Hearts)
Master Xenahort is an interesting option as he is old. That's about it haha. It clashes with some of the characters on the roster so, to me, that is interesting. I like the idea of this character, who has the strength of Ganondorf and the reach of Ike, going toe-to-toe with the rest but as an old goat-looking man. That being said, there are more appealing options.

Crow/Goro Akechi (Persona)
I would much rather for us to look at other Persona characters instead of sticking with just Persona 5. I have never been a fan of Crow and would rather see a more disturbed, monstrous character.

SHao Kahn (Mortal Kombat)
Muhc like Vergil, this submission spoke to me in a way that's "well, we didn't get Scorpion and the world would be on fire if another MK rep gets in over him or Sub." I have always been drawn to Shao Kahn and seeing him included in Smash would be awesome. He was in my roster for Injustice 3 along with Lu Kang for a MK rep. Now, I know I disqualidied Sub-Zero as a Mii Costume but that's due to the Masterpiece aspect. If Shao Kahn is voted in, I will not allow a Masterpiece to be included.

Bad Piggies (Angry Birds)
Lol I appreciate the creativeness of thic concept but I would prefer Red along with the Bad Piggies instead. Like a Duck Hunt type aspect but with the heoes and villains working "together"; perhaps in a way like Tom and Jerry in Multiversus.

Kerrigan (Starcraft)
Sitting this one out as she was my submission.

Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
I have always supported Nightmare in Smash and he was on my list before Smash 4 was even formally announced. That being said, I would far prefer the Lichking from Warcraft or a Dark Souls character other Nightmare. Unless we can differntiate the two, they are far too similar plus having two Namco reps on one season is a no-no. Heck, Namco is the only company to have characters in both seasons: Agumon and Lloyd. While I love Nightmare, I don't think he should be included.

Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
I am sitting out on Pyramid Head as everyone know show I feel about this character. I only went with Kerrigan as I felt she has more to bring in terms of content but, that being said, he gets my 100% support.

Gilgamesh (Fate/Stay Night)
I don't know much about this series or character and, while I did some research, I still don't know much but the idea of the character being able to summon tons of weapons is interesting but, if we go that route, I would prefer Noctis. The character's design doesn't scream "villain" like Pyramid head, Nightmare, Kerrigan, Handsome Jack, or Master Xenahort does so perhaps that's why I am hesitant on this character. I was hoping we go for more of a "this character is a villain and rightfully looks like one"-type feeling.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I heavily considered Kefka but we just added an FF stage, didn't we?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I heavily considered Kefka but we just added an FF stage, didn't we?
Yeah and I sort of forgot about disallowing a FF charqcter considering I did it for BlazBlue. That being said though, FF has tons of games that aren’t connected to one another which sort of makes sense while BB has a shared continued universe. If I would of thought of it, I would have disallowed Final Fantasy.

Also, don’t forget to vote! We don’t have the number of votes we typically expect in a newcomer submission round. If you haven’t yet, please take a few minutes of your time to cast a vote.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So, while we wait….I wanted to get this done on the exact day but considering we will be doing the newcomer gameplay stuff during then, well, I don’t want to distract us. Until the announcement is made who won…

Spirit Event: Red, White, and Blue

This is a region-specific Spirit Event and one of many! This Spirit Event will only occur in the United States and it’s territories. This spirit event doesn’t add new Spirits; only includes ones from the Launch version. These Spirits focus on the aforementioned colors, freedom, bald eagles, fireworks, and guns!

Hmmm…maybe not guns.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I know pretty much everyone has voted already but I feel like y’all are sleeping on revolver ocelot. He’s an extremely popular mgs character, is super relevant throughout basically all the story with a few exceptions, and as the first third party series metal gear absolutely deserves a new rep.

This is just my opinion but I think he might even be better than Raiden.

Whatever, we all know nightmare is going to win. Fine choice but I voted for handsome jack and kerrigan just because last fighters pass had a serious problem with predictable fighters IMO.

Spirit submissions:
1. Eagle (Advance Wars)
2. Travis Touchdown
3. The Boss

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm actually gonna say that Kerrigan is my pick that I hope gets it; her or Nightmare. Everyone else is just... not good, imo.

Also Xehanort is not a big unga bunga character like some people seem to think he is, his whole character is about playing the long game to accomplish his goals, and he has all kinds of stuff beyond the Keyblade he wields for a weapon.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I checked our responses and we netted a total of 19 votes which is pretty normal for a Newcomer voting period. Here are the results! Thank you for taking the time to submit newcomers and voting for our next newcomer!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Revolver Ocelot1 (3)025
Vergil02 (2)04
Emet-Selch01 (2)02
Handsome Jack3 (9)1 (2)112
Master Xenahort1 (3)1 (2)27
Crow01 (2)46
Shao Kahn1 (3)1 (2)05
Bad Piggies1 (3)1 (2)16
Kerrigan1 (3)4 (8)314
Nightmare6 (18)2 (4)325
Pyramid Head4 (12)5 (10)123
Gilgamesh1 (3)025

Uh....oh...please check the results below

This was a pretty close race bwteen the two but Nightmare managed to pull ahead of Pyramid Head. That being said, Pyramid Head is within the 3-point range needed for a run-off poll so we will be conducting our newcomer voting this way. Usually, for this situation, I do a thread poll but newcomer voting tends to get heated and, as such, people can see the results of poll and post about it on our thread. I don't want to allow that to influence others decisions so we will do yet another Google Form.

HERE IS OUR VOLTING LINK

It looks like we will have to take a bit more time to decide.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I checked our responses and we netted a total of 19 votes which is pretty normal for a Newcomer voting period. Here are the results! Thank you for taking the time to submit newcomers and voting for our next newcomer!

Revolver Ocelot1 (3)025
Vergil02 (2)04
Emet-Selch01 (2)02
Crow01 (2)46
Shao Kahn1 (3)1 (2)05
Bad Piggies1 (3)1 (2)16
Kerrigan1 (3)4 (8)314
Nightmare6 (18)2 (4)325
Gilgamesh1 (3)025

This was a pretty close race bwteen the two but Nightmare managed to pull ahead of Pyramid Head. That being said, Pyramid Head is within the 3-point range needed for a run-off poll so we will be conducting our newcomer voting this way. Usually, for this situation, I do a thread poll but newcomer voting tends to get heated and, as such, people can see the results of poll and post about it on our thread. I don't want to allow that to influence others decisions so we will do yet another Google Form.

HERE IS OUR VOLTING LINK

Damn...this is a close game. I'll be glad for whoever wins, though.

Also...what do you mean? African or European swallow?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Revolver Ocelot1 (3)025
Vergil02 (2)04
Emet-Selch01 (2)02
Crow01 (2)46
Shao Kahn1 (3)1 (2)05
Bad Piggies1 (3)1 (2)16
Kerrigan1 (3)4 (8)314
Nightmare6 (18)2 (4)325
Gilgamesh1 (3)025

HERE IS OUR VOLTING LINK

What was wrong with this? was it because of Nightmare?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for submitting content and taking the time to vote for a second time! I feel dragging this out further won't be in our best interest.

Here is how the voting turned out! This was a really hard voting period and the submissions were neck and neck for much of the voting process.

NameTotal
Nightmare9
Pyramid Head8

Here is our newcomer for Season 3

NIGHTMARE IS IN SEASON 3

Yes, we have our third and final Namco newcomer in the form of Nightmare. He joins along with Agumon and Lloyd Irving to round off Namco represention in Infinite. This also brings a new fighting game character and, with it, the mechaincs and gameplay that SoulCalibur is largely known for. He also brings Siul Edge, his cursed blade that brings chaos to the battlefield. Nightmare's color affiliation with be purple. Congrats to Nightmare supporterd! We will begin moveset and gameplay submissions once I get some stuff taken care of.​

Fighter #1 for Season 3 decided!​

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Thank you everyone for submitting content and taking the time to vote for a second time! I feel dragging this out further won't be in our best interest.

Here is how the voting turned out! This was a really hard voting period and the submissions were neck and neck for much of the voting process.

NameTotal
Nightmare8
Pyramid Head9

NIGHTMARE IS IN SEASON 3

Yes, we have our third and final Namco newcomer in the form of Nightmare. He joins along with Agumon and Lloyd Irving to round off Namco represention in Infinite. This also brings a new fighting game character and, with it, the mechaincs and gameplay that SoulCalibur is largely known for. He also brings Siul Edge, his cursed blade that brings chaos to the battlefield. Nightmare's color affiliation with be purple. Congrats to Nightmare supporterd! We will begin moveset and gameplay submissions once I get some stuff taken care of.​

Dark Souls fans on dead watch.

I like to see Nightmare got in, even if I think maybe have another Konami rep would be better and has I joke before, Dark Souls is kinda a better election for a DLC newcomer. Either way I receive Nightmare with open arms!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay, so I'mma just address the azure-armored elephant with the cursed sword in the room: how nuts should we go with his moveset?

Kazuya gave us the perfect template for how to do a 3D fighter character for future reference, and we could perfectly use that for Nightmare...but aside from that, I can't help but wonder if we should go particularly crazy. Like, I can't imagine Nightmare without his Night Stances and Grim Stride, like, at all.

But then there's another issue: how much different from Kazuya would he be as a fighting game swordfighter? Well, here's the thing I discussed with some Discord friends: you can't just say "just give buster sword to kazuya," it's not that simple. Let's review what he can do in the source material:
  • Night Side, Behind and Lower Stances: Nightmare has access to not one, but four different stances that he can take advantage of, each with their own follow-ups. Hypothetically, we could make it so almost half his moves can transition into one of these stances by holding A or some other input.
  • Grim Stride: His fourth stance move, which I believe we could repurpose as a Dash attack; the first dash attack with more than one method of attack.
  • Reversal Edge: This is what is effectively a rock-paper-scissors minigame in Soul Calibur VI. We might not use it, but there's a pretty big chance considering that in every debut of a fighting game character they stick with the universal mechanic of what's recent at the time: Ryu with Focus Attack and Kazuya with Tekken Rage. Terry's the exception because Fatal Fury hasn't had a new game in years, but you get my deal.
  • Guard Impact: Another universal mechanic that's a lot more simple: basically, Guard Impact is like a Perfect Shield, only it pushes foes away and stuns them to make way for you to follow up. We could implement this as either an alternate Perfect Shield mechanic or as something to replace it for him altogether.
  • Revenge: A unique mechanic exclusive to Nightmare in Soulcalibur 6: basically, some of his moves' start-up frames are also counter-frames: if he gets hit during those frames, Nightmare counters with Dire Vengeance, which is an omnidirectional burst of soul power that gives him Terror Charge. Terror Charge changes the properties of some of his moves, but for the sake of not making his kit more complex than it already is, let's say it just gives him a temporary stat boost.
  • SC's button scheme: Like Tekken, Soul Calibur is a 4-button 3D fighter. But here, the buttons are different: you have "Horizontal Attack", "Vertical Attack", "Kick" and "Block". We could replicate this into Smash somewhat: some of his attacks could hit behind Nightmare like with Mythra's Lightning Buster since horizontal attacks are meant to protect fighters from being flanked while vertical attacks are good anti-air attacks.
So with all this in mind and the ease of creation for Nightmare that Kazuya granted us, I can't help but wonder: we could give Nightmare one of the craziest sets of anything we've done in Infinite, but the question is should we?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'll be honest, I really wasn't feeling this prompt. We made the best of a bad situation imo, but I wasn't super into anybody that was submitted because imo all the best villains are kinda already there.

You got the quintessential villains of gaming in Bowser, Ganon, Sephiroth, and Eggman, with Ridley, K. Rool, Junior, and Kazuya all for good measure. In my experience with gaming there just wasn't anybody that screamed star power enough for me. I'm happy with Nightmare, he actually can be the unga bunga character but with the bonus of a complex kit.

...still think Kerrigan would've been cooler from a pure character perspective tho.

D

Deleted member

This was prolly the best pick. Would have been happy with P-head but the arguments it would cause would proablly derial the thread. Exited for content

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As per usual for our fighting game characters, we often go with a "submit a moveset" rather than "submit moves". This allows for a more cohesive moveset that jives well with the character the submitters craft.

Submit a Nightmare Gameplay and Moveset

As mentioned earlier, we are asking everyone to submit a full working moveset for Nightmare which includes both mechanics and moveset. Being a fighting game character, it's important to fcous on the core mechanics of the SoulCalibur series while paying special attention to the sort of tools the character can utilize in battle. These tools should be lifted and integrated into Smash so the character feels like they are from thier game. This is especially true for Nightmare, a dimensional being who would fit well in Smash crossover world.

Here's some videos to get you on your way:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

NameTotal
Nightmare9
Pyramid Head8

NIGHTMARE IS IN SEASON 3

"Blood, Darkness, I Shall Drawn The World in Both!"

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Gimmicks:
Guard ImpactBy tilting forwards slightly while triggering a Perfect Shield, Nightmare generates a wind box in front of himself that slightly pushes his for away and gives him an opening to strike.
RevengeSome of Nightmare's moves have counter-frames during start-up. Triggering these frames allows Nightmare to counterattack with Dire Vengeance, an omnidirectional blast the size of Thwack that deals 1.4x the damage he would've taken and also gives him a temporary boost to his stats.
Night StancesNightmare has access to three different stances that he can use to mix up his foes.

Night Stances
Night Side: A stance where Nightmare holds the sword with his monstrous hand.A: Soul Biter: A lunging horizontal chop with Soul Edge. Deals 7% damage and stuns on hit.

Hold A to transition back into Night Side Stance after the attack.

Forward Tilt: Night Front Kick: A lunging thrust kick. Deals 5.2% damage and low knockback.

Back Tilt: Phantom Splitter: An underhanded upwards slash. Can hit above Nightmare and has great horizontal range, to boot. Deals 11.2% damage and medium-high knockback.

Up Tilt: Phantom Star: A telegraphed upwards slash that crumples on hit. Deals 9% damage.

Hold A to transition into Night Behind Stance.

Down Tilt: Skull Chopper: An upwards-angled horizontal sword slash advancing forwards. Is great for trading with shorthopping opponents as Nightmare can avoid many aerials with this attack. Deals 7.7% damage and low-medium knockback.
Night Behind: A stance where Nightmare holds Soul Edge down his back.A: Knee Kick Rush: An advancing two-hit knee attack. Deals 4% and 5% damage and low-medium knockback.

Side-Tilt: Terror Sweeper: A leaping sweeping sword strike. Deals 7.5% damage and low knockback with a high chance to trip.

Hold A to transition from Terror Sweeper to Night Side Stance.

Up-tilt: Terror Vortex: An underhanded upwards strike with Soul Edge, dealing 7.2% damage and strong knockback.

Double-tap side: Transition into Dash Attack.
Night Lower: A stance where Nightmare crouches, holding Soul Edge level with the ground.A: Leg Hacker: A hitstun-inducing slice of the legs. Deals 6.1% damage. Hold A to transition into Night Side Stance.

F-tilt: Death Horn Charge: A lunging stab with Soul Edge. If anyone hits, he will smash them into the earth while they’re hung onto Soul Edge. The attack deals 4% and 9% respectively, with the second hit dealing strong horizontal knockback.

Hold A to trade the grab from Death Horn Charge with a transition into Night Behind Stance.

U-tilt: Death Lifting Kick: An upwards-angled knee followed by an upwards kick. Deals 3% and 5% respectively and deals medium-level knockback.

Double-tap joystick: Transition into Dash Attack.

Specials
Neutral Special: Soul WaveA telegraphed, omnidirectional blast around Nightmare 1.5x the size of his Shield. Deals 10% damage and medium-high knockback. If hit during start-up, this attack initiates Dire Vengeance.
Side Special: Double AvengerA lunging two-hit strike that deals a total of 13% damage and strong knockback. Has excellent disjointed hitboxes and goes 1/3 the width of Battlefield. If hit during start-up, this attack initiates Dire Vengeance.
Up Special: Night TerrorSprout fiery wings and ascend upwards with a force of a meteor. Tap B again to follow up with a Devil Blaster-like beam downwards. The ascent deals 8% damage and medium-high knockback while the downwards beam deals 14% damage and high knockback.
Down Special: Reversal EdgeA two-stage Special that starts with Nightmare performing a delayed downwards slash dealing 6% damage. If he hits, both Nightmare and his opponent (with the closest being prioritized in free-for-alls) will engage in a rock-paper-scissors match that uses the A, B, and Y buttons. Nightmare has a unique set of attacks when engaging, though enemies that aren't another Nightmare will default to their tilts. B beats A, Y beats B and A beats Y.

A: Calculated Slaughter: A quick and strong horizontal swing that deals 11.5% damage and strong downwards-angled knockback. The opponent uses F-tilt with this button.

B: Crown Splitter: A leaping downwards slash that deals 15.3% damage, strong knockback, and spikes anyone in collateral. The opponent uses U-tilt with this button.

Y: Crimson Fountain: Nightmare reaches forward and grabs the foe, draining a portion of their soul to gain Terror Charge before tossing them away. Deals 9.4% damage and low knockback. The opponent uses D-tilt with this button.

Normals
Jab: Plague SpreaderA smack with the sharp edge of Soul Edge, followed by a backhanded spinning slash. The first hit deals 3.2% while the second hit deals 6.8% damage and medium-level knockback.

Tilt the joystick to initiate Dash Attack.

Hold A during the first hit to transition from Plague Spreader to Night Side Stance.
F-tilt: Adamantine CrackerA quick lunging haymaker with his demonic arm. Deals 9.6% damage and medium knockback. If hit during start-up, this attack initiates Dire Vengeance.
DF-tilt: Jade SlicerA crouching backhanded claw swipe with his demonic arm. Deals 7.2% damage and flinches at early percentages, but deals low knockback at later percentages.
D-tilt: Earth TrampleA stomping attack that can hit opponents while they're prone. This attack deals 8.7% damage and medium knockback.

Hold A to increase start-up but create an explosion that deals AoE damage.
DB-tilt: Dark Soul ImpactA mighty sword stab with Soul Edge level with the ground. Has great poking potential. Deals 10.3% damage and medium-low upwards knockback.
B-tilt: Back BladeAn advancing wide slash. Is capable of hitting behind Nightmare in later stages of the attack. Deals 9.7% damage and medium knockback.
UB-tilt: Triple HeadbuttA three-input attack, similar to a Jab or Kazuya's Roundhouse to Triple Spin Kicks, where Nightmare strikes with his head three times. Is better for set-ups than others.

Hit 1: 3%
Hit 2: 3.5%
Hit 3: 5.5%
Total: 12%
U-tilt: Upper ClawA clawed uppercut with his demonic arm. Has good vertical range and can be used as an anti-air. Deals 10% damage and medium knockback with good scaling.

Hold A to transition from Upper Claw to Night Behind Stance.
UF-tilt: Ether SplitterA sword uppercut with Soul Edge. Gives Nightmare forwards momentum, making it good for approaches. Deals 12.1% damage and strong upwards knockback.

Hold A to transition from Ether Splitter to Night Behind Stance.
Crouching D-tilt: Shadow BusterA light downwards slash that can also hit above himself. Deals 9.1% damage and medium knockback.

Hold A to transition from Shadow Buster to Night Lower Stance.
Crouching DF-tilt: MaelstromA double-spinning horizontal slash, that strikes behind Nightmare. The first hit deals 3.5% damage and the second hit deals 7.5% damage and low-medium knockback.

Hold A during the first hit to transition from Maelstrom to Night Side Stance.
Crouching DB-tilt: Shadow SlicerA downwards sword slash aimed at the legs that has a high chance of tripping your foe. Deals 9% damage and low knockback.

Hold A to delay the attack to instead deal 12% damage and low-medium knockback.

Dash Attack: Grim Stride
Nightmare’s Dash Attack is, in and of itself, a stance of its own, similar to Corrin’s Side Special. Use Dash attack to initiate a crouch dash similar to Kazuya’s. Use another input to do the following:
A: Grim RiserA jumping knee that stuns opponents on hit with electric damage. Deals 5.4% damage and very weak knockback.
F-tilt: Grim FangA lunging sideways claw strike. Deals 4.5% damage and weak knockback.
B-tilt: Evil EyeNightmare hoists Soul Edge and smashes its eye into the foe, dealing 10.3% damage and medium knockback. Has armor frames at the start, but does not trigger Dire Vengeance.
B: Grim LauncherA retreating upwards slash that deals 11.3% damage and very high knockback. Tilt the joystick and tap A to initiate another Grim Stride.

Smash Attacks
Side Smash: Blood StormAn advancing double horizontal slash. Start-up frames can be triggered to initiate Dire Vengeance and give Nightmare a Terror Charge. The first hit deals a minimum of 6% damage, the second hit deals a minimum of 14%, and medium-high knockback.

Use F-tilt to transition from Blood Storm to Night Side Stance.

Use B-tilt to transition from Blood Storm to Night Behind Stance.
Up Smash: Midnight LauncherAn advancing upwards double-slash. The first hit deals a minimum of 7% damage and the second hit deals a minimum of 9% damage and strong upwards knockback.

Hold A to transition from Midnight Launcher to Night Behind Stance.
Down Smash: Soul SmasherA downwards stab into the ground. If anyone is hit, he’ll follow up with a blast of dark magic that damages anyone in an AoE. Can also hit prone opponents. Deals 4% damage with the stab, and a minimum of an extra 9.5% damage and strong downwards knockback with the blast.

Grabs
Grab/PummelNightmare reaches out and lifts the opponent by the neck for his grab. He sinks his claws into their body for his pummel, dealing 2.4% damage between long increments. Much like Kazuya, many of Nightmare's throws have cinematic camerawork in one-on-one battles.
F-throw: Soul DevourNightmare smashes the pommel of Soul Edge into the foe's back before following up with a gut punch with his demonic arm and finally capping off with a ground slam. Deals 3%, 3%, and 7% respectively and deals strong knockback.
D-throw: Doom's InvitationAn upwards throw followed by an executioner’s chop with Soul Edge as they’re falling down. The throw deals no damage, but the executioners chop deals 12.1% damage and strong knockback, and damages outside opponents as collateral.
B-throw: Shoulder Claw ThrowNightmare does a judo throw over himself before smashing his spiked shoulder into their body. The throw itself deals 4% damage and the shoulder spike deals 5.5% damage and low knockback.
U-throw: Flap Jack/Over TossA throw that has him use his demon arm to throw the opponent upwards. Tilt the joystick to influence the direction. Regardless, this deals 6.8% damage and weak knockback.

Forwards: Flap Jack: Nightmare throws the opponent away from him.

Backwards: Over Toss: Nightmare throws the opponent to be directly above him.

Aerials
N-air: Fatal Spin SlashA spinning horizontal slash that hits on both sides. Deals 7% damage and low-medium knockback.
F-air: Drop KickNightmare thrusts both his feet in front of himself. Deals 12.3% damage and strong knockback.
D-air: Diving SlashA downwards-angled horizontal slash that’s weak but is good for set-ups. Deals 6.7% damage and weak knockback.
B-air: Fatal Brave KickA roundhouse kick to anyone behind him. Deals 8.6% damage and medium knockback.
U-air: Fatal BusterA leaping downwards slash that strikes above Nightmare. Deals 11.7% damage and strong knockback normally, but has a spiking sweet spot at the end of the arc that spikes.

Final Smash: Inferno Unleashed
Nightmare raises Soul Edge heavenwards and causes a massive Soul Wave that catches foes in his wake. In an entirely new environment, Inferno appears and bathes the entire place in fire, damaging them slowly for a brief moment before he flies down with meteoric force and causes an explosion that completely immolates the foes. As the explosion occurs, the camera zooms out to reveal this is happening inside of Soul Edge itself, its single eye an empty gaze at the camera. The entire Final Smash deals a total of 44% damage and extremely strong knockback, and instantly kills at 100%, healing Nightmare for 15% for every kill done this way.

Kinda went overboard with this lol

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Goliso's moveset is PERFECT, but I have one question, which Nightmare we will use?

For context, Nightmare had 3 (4 but I don't think Kilik!Nightmare is canonic) hosts, the most iconic is Siegfried, yet we also have Dumas and Inferno who also has their fans (I personally like a lot Inferno!Nightmare's look), most likely it would be Siegfried and any of the both would be some sort of skin but I just wanted to ask.
1656870629662.png

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Goliso's moveset is PERFECT, but I have one question, which Nightmare we will use?

For context, Nightmare had 3 (4 but I don't think Kilik!Nightmare is canonic) hosts, the most iconic is Siegfried, yet we also have Dumas and Inferno who also has their fans (I personally like a lot Inferno!Nightmare's look), most likely it would be Siegfried and any of the both would be some sort of skin but I just wanted to ask.
I say we stick with the Siegfried incarnation, but we could toss the Inferno incarnation in there as an alternate costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom