• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Also, please note that on the Wikia, before you input a series symbol information, please check with me as I may have something else cooking up. That being said, both Blazblue and SoulCalibur was changed from the original. BlazBlue changed because I just couldn't create the original series symbol and it was too intricate and owuld look really crowded in the HUD. I changed SoulCalibur from the Soul Edge to the Project Souls symbol which featurs both Nightmare and the Soul Edge

I was working on a moveset, but not only GolisoPower already covered what I was thinking but he did it waaaaay better.
For the sake of speed, I wish to progress forward. You are free to still submit it but as we have a full working moveset, I wish to utilize this so we can move to working on more content.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Based on this, I do feel that GolisoPower covered most of what a Nightmare moveset can be. He suffers similiar issues like Kazuya by transitioning the character from an arena/3D fighter to a moe 2.5D enviroment. I forgot to mention to include stats for Nightmare so if GolisoPower GolisoPower wants to throw in a SmashWiki-esque attribute write up, thats fine. If not, I can do it.

That being said, we will progress to adding....

Additional Content for Nightmare

As per usual, we are adding additional content to the character which includes

Entrance Animation (1)
Taunts (3)
Idle Poses (2)
Victory Screens (3)
Victory Theme (1)
Audience Cheer (1)
Kirby Hat (1)
Boxing Ringle Title (1)
Debut Trailer Splash (1)
Classic Mode Route (1)

ANything else you might think would make Nightmare come alive (like KO sounds, other animations, defeat screens, etc.)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Also, please note that on the Wikia, before you input a series symbol information, please check with me as I may have something else cooking up. That being said, both Blazblue and SoulCalibur was changed from the original. BlazBlue changed because I just couldn't create the original series symbol and it was too intricate and owuld look really crowded in the HUD. I changed SoulCalibur from the Soul Edge to the Project Souls symbol which featurs both Nightmare and the Soul Edge

For the sake of speed, I wish to progress forward. You are free to still submit it but as we have a full working moveset, I wish to utilize this so we can move to working on more content.
I said that I will not do it lol, Goliso already did what I would do and far better

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Victory Animation:
Nightmare swings his sword twice before striking a pospose. Throughout this, he says, "Blood! Darkness! I shall drown the world in both!" Based on his Victory Animation from SC5.

Tagline:
NIGHTMARE Is On Another Calibur!

And as for basics for Nightmare...
Weight: 134
Walk: Ganondorf
Dash: Kazuya
Jump: Kazuya (Delayed Jump)
Air Control: Ridley
Jumps: 2
Jumpsquat Frames: 7 frames

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Debut Trailer
NIGHTMARE Desires Your Soul!

Classic Mode: Stories of Swords
I’ve always disagreed with Classic Modes that draws inspiration from chaaaxters in that franchise since that’s what Spirit Battles are for unless it works in the routes favor. So my proposed Classic Mode focus on including weapon-based fighters on Omega stages that are Stamina battles.

*I will update with music and other content once we add it in

1:ultbylethf:Gran Mach Monastery
2:ultsteve: (Giant)Minecraft World (Stony Shore)
3IsaacVenus Lighthouse
4:ultsimon:Clock Tower
5TakamaruMurasame Castle
6:ultpalutena:Palutena’s Temple
6:ultlink: (Tunic of the Wild)

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I'd like to submit an alternative classic mode route as well. Nothing against the one that was already submitted, I just think it would be better to have one that's a bit more unique than just sword based fighters.

Route name: The Fighting Guests
Each character has been a guest fighter in the SoulCalibur series before. Each fight is on final destination with stamina.

:ultswordfighter: (Bionic helmet, ninja outfit)
Stand-in for Yoshimitsu
Fourside
Song: Into Nirvana
:ultlink: (Tunic of the Wild)Hyrule Castle
Song: Hyrule Field Theme
:ultbrawler: (Heihachi)Mishima Dojo
Song: Heihachi Mishima, The King of Iron Fist
Lucina (Ray gun)
Stand-in for Kos-Mos
Gigabyte Ruins
Song: You Will Know Our Names
Lloyd
(Pit with killing edge if DLC not purchased)
Tower of Salvation
(Great Plateau Tower if DLC not purchased)
Song: Full Force (assuming this song got in)
If DLC not purchased: Fight On!
:ultswordfighter: (Altair)Delfino Plaza
Song: Delfino Plaza (Brawl)
Takamaru
(Stand-in for Haohmaru)
King of Fighters stadium
Song: Banquet of Nature

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule once we decide on music I will ping you again so you can choose which songs you want to include UNLESS you would rather just have series specific songs rather than ones from SoulCalibur.
After thinking about it, I probably just want series specific songs I can add them into my classic mode later today

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Nightmare Taunts:
  • Right: Nightmare swings Soul Edge and points in front of him saying "There's no turning back!"
  • Left: Nightmare squeezes his mutated hand while power flows from Soul Edge to it while he says "Soul Edge give me strength!"
  • Down: Nightmare stabs Soul Edge into the ground with a spark of electricity while saying "You shall taste fear!"
Victory Animation:
Nightmare gives the back to the camera until it zooms to his face, then he quickly moves his head doing a pose that resembles the one of the Project Soul logo.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
With that, Nightmare additional content is completed. I will compile the information and put it in the front page. All information is up to date including our Red, White, and Blue Spirits plus the Capcom DLC Music pack.

Submit Nightmare Alternate Colors
We will besubmitting 10 total colors for Nightmare...wait...doesn't get get 11 plus the default? Thatis true but I am withholding one of these slots for....

Siegfried Nightmare. This was when the Soul Edge possessed the warrior, Siegfried, during the events of Soul Calibur 1 through 3. This is particulary important as Soul Calibur 2 was one of the few that appeared on a Nintendo system as well as the one where Link crossovered with.

This is how they break down:

1 - 8 - Nightmare colors
9 - 12 - Siegfried Nightmatre Colors . These alternate colors can reference the color palettes for the character Siegfried after (or before) he was assimulated by the Soul Edge.

Our version of Nightmare is mostly based on Soul Calibur V and onward (due to using that render) but will have some aesthetic choices from SC 3 and 4. Namely the flowing dark purple wisps from SC4. This will be present on all of the colors 1-8 so feel free to have them recolored to fit with the theme.

Nightmare' arm color being more sickly olive rather than flesh colored plus Soul Edge's eye being purple. You may indiciate that the arm and Soul Edge's eye changes colors in your submission.
1657066445744.png

Now, in regards to altetnate colors, you are free to base them off pre-existing characters but I do wanna stress that their are color palettes for Nightmare. Doing a Google Search for these colors shouldn't be too hard and I woiuld far prefer these rather than just referencing another character.

In addition, the defaul Nightmare is more darker blue to reference the color of Nightmare from SCII
1657066879765.png

Please indiciate what the source is and what color slot this takes up. Please submit just one color slot.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Since someone else submitted a Siegfried based skin I will go with something else.
Yoshimitsu (SoulCalibur VI, Armored Nightmare)
This costume would change part of Nightmare's armor to white bone color with red and yellow details, the lower part of the body is colored green and the demonic arm now has a blueish tone, the wisps are also change from green like his eyes.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Silver (SoulCalibur III, Slot 2)
View attachment 356093
It isn't just a very neat color but it's an obvious reference to OG Siegfried look, so it's a nice 2 in 1. BTW, nothing againt your idea, I think it's cool, but SCV!Nightmare isn't even Siegfried so...., it isn't bad, just a bit weird.
This Nightmare is more of a composate of the character much like how Anna was when we submitted her.

As for the Siefried alt, it was recommended earlier...

Defo wanna include the Half Siegfried look from 2 as an alt.
And I felt it was a good idea. This is one of my recollections from playing SCII on the Gamecube and something that stuck with me throughout the years. Considering ho wmuch stuff I have crammed in my head, I felt that if I was to remember this alt, then a lot of other people remember this alt so it would be a nice nod to a gae that was on a Nintendo system.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1657073734414.png

Cervantes de Leon (White and Yellow, Default Nightmare)
An alternate color based on a previous wielder of the Soul Edge and father of Ivy Valentine, the pirate Cervantes de Leon. In Smash, Nightmare's armor color palette will be taken from Cervantes's SC6 appearance, gaining an ash-white armor scheme with blue trims, with the wisps from his shoulder turning into a bright yellow. This alt, however, does not alter the appearance of Soul Edge itself.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Victory Animation
He puts his sword upwards and then lows it like inSoul Calibur 6
Could you expand on this? Or provide a video? The way you explain it isn't so clear so please try to be more descriptive.

I'd like to submit an alternative classic mode route as well. Nothing against the one that was already submitted, I just think it would be better to have one that's a bit more unique than just sword based fighters.

Route name: The Fighting Guests
Each character has been a guest fighter in the SoulCalibur series before. Each fight is on final destination with stamina.

:ultswordfighter: (Bionic helmet, ninja outfit)
Stand-in for Yoshimitsu
Fourside
Song: Into Nirvana
:ultlink: (Tunic of the Wild)Hyrule Castle
Song: Hyrule Field Theme
:ultbrawler: (Heihachi)Mishima Dojo
Song: Heihachi Mishima, The King of Iron Fist
Lucina (Ray gun)
Stand-in for Kos-Mos
Gigabyte Ruins
Song: You Will Know Our Names
Lloyd
(Pit with killing edge if DLC not purchased)
Tower of Salvation
(Great Plateau Tower if DLC not purchased)
Song: Full Force (assuming this song got in)
If DLC not purchased: Fight On!
:ultswordfighter: (Altair)Delfino Plaza
Song: Delfino Plaza (Brawl)
Takamaru
(Stand-in for Haohmaru)
King of Fighters stadium
Song: Banquet of Nature
I added this in but I made a few adjustments:

Changed the name to "Story of Souls" to reference the opening monologue of many SC games
Made Pit the default fight rather than Lloyd. Launch content should always comes first as the default
Removed the Altair fight as Altair isn't a launch Mii Costume nor a DLC costume yet. You are free to fill in this slot if you wish with another option.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Could you expand on this? Or provide a video? The way you explain it isn't so clear so please try to be more descriptive.

I added this in but I made a few adjustments:

Changed the name to "Story of Souls" to reference the opening monologue of many SC games
Made Pit the default fight rather than Lloyd. Launch content should always comes first as the default
Removed the Altair fight as Altair isn't a launch Mii Costume nor a DLC costume yet. You are free to fill in this slot if you wish with another option.
I will provide the video myself (it is in the exact minute):

Last edited:
Alternate colors submission:
Setsuka (Soulcalibur III) (Siegfried Nightmare - Red/Black)
1657136741265.png
Setsuka is a character from Soul fighting games and she is a warrior out on a quest to defeat Mitsurugi after the latter killed her master.
She also appeared in SoulCalibur VI as DLC character and in SoulCalibur IV as normal playable fighter.
She uses her umbrella sword to attack the opponents and even the aforementioned Mitsurugi.

As for Nightmare's alt, his colors would be based on her incarnation from SC III. His pants & shoes are ruby red-colors and his three-fingered arm would be gray colored. His sword is red & black, but it's eye would be yellow.
Also his hair would be black colored.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you to everyone for submitting content! I will be compiling our alternate colors and will post them when we get around to submitting spirits.

Submit a SoulCalibur Stage

SoulCalibur is noted for having many locations throughout its history and, like Tekken, feature 3D arenas with out-of-bounds which allows characters to fall off the stage. That being said, we need to translate the stage to fit within Smash Infinite. We will be including our SC stage rep in this job and will be included in the SC-themed bundle. When submitting, please provide the following content:

• Picture
  • Stage Name
  • What game it appears in
  • It's appearance and layout
  • Any hazards and/or gimmicks
  • Cameos
  • Omega/Battlefield Forms
To see a list of stages, please consult this link:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1657160925448.png

Ostrheinsburg Chapel
(SoulCalibur II, 2002)

Hailing from Soulcalibur II, Ostrheinsburg Chapel is the home stage for Nightmare, Link, Heihachi, and Spawn, and the location used for all Destined Battles. In Smash, Ostrheinsburg Chapel is a simple platform stage, with a single wall on the left that takes the destruction mechanics from Mishima Dojo. On the right side of the stage is a single ledge where Ring-Outs were common in SC2. In the background, you'll also find some Destined Battles between various Soulcalibur characters, which are selected based on the song selected for the game.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
View attachment 356146
Ostrheinsburg Chapel
(SoulCalibur II, 2002)

Hailing from Soulcalibur II, Ostrheinsburg Chapel is the home stage for Nightmare, Link, Heihachi, and Spawn, and the location used for all Destined Battles. In Smash, Ostrheinsburg Chapel is a simple platform stage, with a single wall on the left that takes the destruction mechanics from Mishima Dojo. On the right side of the stage is a single ledge where Ring-Outs were common in SC2. In the background, you'll also find some Destined Battles between various Soulcalibur characters, which are selected based on the song selected for the game.
Seeing as how we didn’t get any stage submissions with the last 10 hours, do most people agree with this stage submission?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom