• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Considering the FPS will most likely be Western, characters such as Chief, Doom Slayer, Heavy, Chell, Half-life guy (forgot the name), Joanna Dark, etc would be heavy contenders. To me, Chief seems like a third season final character like Sora.

Last edited:
Considering the FPS will most likely be Western, characters such as Chief, Doom Slayer, Heavy, Chell, Half-life guy (forgot the name), Joanna Dark, etc would be heavy contenders. To me, Chief seems like a third season final character like Sora.
I believe that we could also add Captain Price from Call of Duty.
Actually, the Half-Life guy is Gordon Freeman.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
It's probably recency bias talking, but I think that because Portal's coming to Switch, Chell would be a great candidate for the FPS genre, up there with the likes of Doom Slayer. Though Portal is listed as more of a puzzle-platformer than anything.

I'll probably skip an FPS job unless I come up with something wacky enough that isn't rule-breaking. I know nothing about CoD so I don't really trust myself to do a good writeup for Price.
No worries man, you can read about Call of duty on Wikipedia as a friendly advice.

It's probably recency bias talking, but I think that because Portal's coming to Switch, Chell would be a great candidate for the FPS genre, up there with the likes of Doom Slayer. Though Portal is listed as more of a puzzle-platformer than anything.
Yeah, Chell would be great character. That's a shame that Heavy doesn' have a chance because his game is not on Switch.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Why not just make it a shooter rep in general instead of specifically an fps character

Hmm, for an FPS rep... first thing to come to mind was Chex Quest, but I can't really think of a justification for it beyond memes like I can for Bubsy; Pac-Man 2; or Wii Silicone Jacket. (who I really regret not submitting for the base game)

If Duck Hunt weren't already on Smash I'd choose them.
How the hell is the first shooter you think of Chex Quest and not literally anything else.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why not just make it a shooter rep in general instead of specifically an fps character
FPS is one of the biggest genres out there but also one of the newest. In addition, sevetal FPS candidates have appeared when we had prompts for a third party character which leads me to think that an FPS rep is a popular candidate.

There is also a chance we could have a FPS rep plus a general shooter rep.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Oh hell yeah, im so in for an FPS rep. 2 of my all time favorite series are FPS

First up, Bioshock should absolutely get a look. Ive pitched it a few times and nobody seemed into it sadly, but ****, the resume is 100% worthy. Iconic, on Nintendo now for those who care about that, character would be pretty unique and has tons of moveset potential. Its an easy inclusion for me.

My other one is Far Cry. This one i can understand a bit more since it doesnt have a massive Nintnedo legacy but its for sure well known. It also would have a pretty solid moveset to pick from. Music is really good, stage has so many options, and this would be a great series to add a villain first from. Vaas and Joseph Seed would be the top picks imo, and the DLC for Far Cry 6 actually fleshed out some solid movesets for them. Also the series has been an absolute hit in both the east and west since FC3 and Ubisoft owns the series, which would finally get them in the mix with a play able fighter. Far Cry checks all the boxes for me as well

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be conducting two jobs at once this time around…

Submit a Sakura Wars Masterpiece

We voted to include a Masterpiece from the Sakura Wars series. Please submit the game that the masterpiece is based on, what portion of the game the masterpiece focuses on, and the duration of the masterpiece. In addition, please provide a reasoning as to why this game should be included in the Masterpiece. Using videos will help us get an idea.

Submit Sakura Wars Music

We will be also submitting music from the Sakura Wars series. We will be including main themes from four of the main games as per the write up submitted by GaminrhGryffindor

These track pieces are:
Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Troop (original)
Under the Imperial Flag
(III)
Earth Warriors (V)
Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Group (-Shinsou-)

In addition to these tracks, we will also be including up to 18 additional tracks this totaling twenty-two total attacks. We are going to try and keep the tracks even as possible between the represented games much like how Momentos was for Ultimate.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Eh, In terms of FPS Character. I'd Rather go for The Doomslayer since he is the grandfather of the genre + he's got a Mii Costume already so there's no problem updgrading it.

Though Personally i'd like the Heavy to be in this and Team Fortress could add more onto the Valve support with Portal.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Masterpiece:
1644802477740.png

Sakura Wars (SEGA Saturn)
The first game in the entire series, the first entry in Sakura Wars made its debut on the SEGA Saturn in 1996. The Masterpiece will have you play through the first battle of the entire game, where you face off against the Kuronokusai for the first time, or until 5 minutes pass.

Music:
Try Your Best! Imperial Floral Assault Group!
Yaksha's Theme
Minigame Iris

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Masterpiece:
View attachment 345106
The first game in the entire series, the first entry in Sakura Wars made its debut on the SEGA Saturn in 1996. The Masterpiece will have you play through the first battle of the entire game, where you face off against the Kuronokusai for the first time, or until 5 minutes pass.

Music:
Geki! Teikoku-Kagekidan!
Yaksha's Theme
The first one's already in friend, it's English name is "Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Group" :3

These are my official submissions; but I've also provided a list of notable tracks for your listening pleasure and to help you not have to listen to the entire series' OST.

My Dream (Gemini Sunrise's Theme) from Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Woman!! The Spirit of the Festival (Hatsuho Shinonome's Theme) from Sakura Wars (2019)
Go Go NYCR! from Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

Recommendations:
Move Out! Imperial Floral Assault Group - From Sakura Wars. The battle ready theme for the Flower Division; it was also chosen as Ichiro Ogami's theme for Project X Zone.
Minigame (Sakura) - From Sakura Wars. Sort of an unofficial theme, and it plays when you're uh... playing minigames with Sakura.
Minigame (Sumire) - From Sakura Wars. Like the previous song, sort of an unofficial theme for Sumire.
Final Boss - From Sakura Wars. Plays during the final boss battle.
A Shadow Lurking in Paris - From Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning? - My familiarity here is a bit lacking, but iirc this is the theme of the Phantoms of Paris, the main antagonist group in the game.
Paris Flower Assault Group, Debut! - From Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning? - The theme of the Paris Fleur Division as they go into battle.
The Musical Dance of Battle - From Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning?
Machine Gun Sister - From Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning? IIRC, this plays during Erica's minigame.
Little Lip Theater - From Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love. Plays during scenes involving the Little Lip Theater.
Welcome to Broadway! - From Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love. Plays during silly scenes.
Winged Warriors - From Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love. Plays during air battles.
Bounty Hunter Rikaritta (Rikaritta Aries's Theme) - From Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love. The theme of Rikaritta Aries, the youngest Latina-American member of the New York Combat Revue.
Welcome to the Grand Imperial Theatre! - From Sakura Wars (2019). The theme of the theater's staff and plays during the final cutscene after the defeat of the final boss.
Ninja Azami (Azami Mochizuki's Theme) - From Sakura Wars (2019). The theme of Azami Mochizuki, the youngest member and resident shinobi of the newest Flower Division.
Iron Star (Berlin Combat Revue) - From Sakura Wars (2019). Theme of the Berlin Combat Revue, a visiting revue for the World Games.
Round Table Knight (London Combat Revue) - From Sakura Wars (2019) Theme of the London Combat Rebue, a visiting revue for the World Games.
Beyond the Rainbow (Shanghai Combat Revue) - From Sakura Wars (2019). Theme of the Shanghai Combat Revue, a visiting revue for the World Games and as temporary replacements as the newest Flower Division recieves proper training.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Miracle Bell is a based pick but it does technically come from one of the Sakura Wars movies, which is why I didn't put it in my list; are we allowing music from non-game adaptations of the media in Smash?
We have advent children music so I feel like it should be fine

I mean I could always replace it with the version in Sakura Wars 2019.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While we do prefer gaming music, if this particular song is iconic and important to the series, then we can allow it. The reason why One-Winged Angel was allowed as it’s synonymous with Sephiroth and it’s so iconic to the series. Comparing any other non-video game song to this sort of connection is probably an unfair comparison.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the voting for a Sakura Wars assist trophy!

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Ichiro Ogami1 (2)02
Gemini Sunrise2 (4)48
Iris Chateaubriand1 (2)02
Ciseaux2 (4)15
Erica Fontaine3 (6)410

We won't be going with a run-off poll and, instead, except Erica Fontain as our Sakura Wars assist trophy representative! It was a very clever assist trophy that, in my opinion, should what a DLC assist could be. Sometimes that has a bit more to thought and care put into it.

We will continue to accept both Masterpieces plus Song Lists. We are currently at,,,

1. Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Troop (original)
  2. Under the Imperial Flag (III)
  3. Earth Warriors (V)
  4. Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Group (-Shinsou-)
  5. Move Out! Imperial Floral Assault Group Theme - Sakura Wars
  6. Chattes Noires - Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning?
  7. I'm a Maiden - Sakura Wars 2019
  8. Try Your Best! Imperial Floral Assault Group!
  9. Yaksha's Theme
  10. Minigame Iris
  11. My Dream (Gemini Sunrise's Theme) from Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
  12. Woman!! The Spirit of the Festival (Hatsuho Shinonome's Theme) from Sakura Wars (2019)
  13. Go Go NYCR! from Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
  14. Friendship (Sakura Wars sega saturn)
  15. Oboro's Theme (New Sakura Wars 2019)
  16. Battle Theme 1 (New Sakura Wars 2019)
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -

If you already submitted, please avoid doing so. We can't 100% for say these are our musical tracks since the Leadership Team will go through them and decide which ones will be included.

In addition, Sakura alternate colors and costumes are completed.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue to allow musical tracks to be submitted. That being said…
Masterpiece:
View attachment 345106

Music:
Yaksha's Theme
Minigame Iris
We will continue forward with our (technically) 3rd Mii Fighter Costume Wave!!

Mii Costume Wave #3: Sega Costumes

We will be adding Sega costumes that are entirely new to the series. This doesn’t include Sonic, Persona, Bayonetta, not Sakura Wars costumes. This should be costumes that references Sega’a history and contributions to gaming history. When submitting, please provide a picture, character name, the Mii Fighter class, how the Mii costume may change the Mii’s appearance, and why this costume should be including whole also referencing the characters/series contributions to Sega and Gaming. Please submit only one costume. We will be adding more than one general Sega costume but I want to see our submissions before I commit to accepting more than one winner. We may have another prompt that’s a bit more specific in regards to Sega depending on the results. This could mean, like, submit a Mii Costume based on a Sega antagonist or submit a retro Sega Mii costume. For now, anything under the Sega sun is acceptable. Please note this makes the character ineligible for future submissions.

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Before I submit anything, I'm going to say right now to look at the pre-existing Mii Costumes. Some characters would great Mii costumes, but they may be too similar to existing ones. AiAi and Ryo Hazuki, for example, overlap with the Monkey and the Biker respectively.

Don't let this deter you from submitting them though, because this is a completely arbitrary nitpick.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here’s my music submissions:
Little Lip Theater - From Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love.
Kimi Aru ga Tame - From Dramatic Dungeon: Sakura Wars — Because You Were There
New Year’s Theme - From Sakura Taisen

Before I submit anything, I'm going to say right now to look at the pre-existing Mii Costumes. Some characters would great Mii costumes, but they may be too similar to existing ones. AiAi and Ryo Hazuki, for example, overlap with the Monkey and the Biker respectively.

Don't let this deter you from submitting them though, because this is a completely arbitrary nitpick.
Very good point. We have had a few in the past (Knight, Darknut, and Gatekeeper being prime examples of costume we included at various portions of development early on).

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1644889228893.png

Gilius Thunderhead (Golden Axe)
This is a Mii Costume for the Mii Swordfighter, based on the cover character of the Golden Axe series by Sega. In Smash, the costume would be divided into two parts:
  • Gilius's Beard: A large puffy beard and the horned helmet that Gilius wears.
  • Gilius Outfit: The outfit, bracers and boots of Gilius that has been attributed to the character since his debut. The sword here is replaced with Gilius's axe.

airConditioner

Smash Ace

Gallian Militia Uniform (Valkyria Chronicles)
For the Mii Gunner. Valkyria Chronicles is a series of Tactical RPGs with a unique combat system. There is one piece to this set:
  1. Gallian Militia Uniform (for the body)
    1. Gives you the uniform and a gun. The uniform can be altered based on the gender that the Mii is assigned. If male, it will take on the uniform that Welkin wears (right) and if female, it will have one similar to Alicia (left).

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I added a part about Mii costumes making the character ineglible for future newcomer submissions. I forgot that.

I know you guys this would my bias mii idea, but hear me out:
Space Harrier (Space Harrier) - Gunner
1644906255609.png

Space Harrier is main protagonist of self-titled 1985 Rail Shooter game developed by SEGA and released on arcades. He is a blonde dude, who flies through planets and shoots at the Aliens, Dragons and Robots, who are roaming those trippy planets.
Fun Fact if you didn't knew: Did you know that Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone share the same universe?

Space Harrier would be Mii Gunner costume and it consists of:
Headgear - His Blonde hair along with sunglasses.
Outfit - His costume with red suit and blue pants along with black boots. The cannon is replaced with his cannon from the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom