• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Investigation ~ Core 2007
Source: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
I think we should have at least a few investigation themes, and this is my personal favorite. It's tense, but intriguing.

Pursuit ~ Cornering Together
Source: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
A personal favorite Pursuit of mine. It strikes a good balance between feeling victorious and feeling tense as you start knocking down the final pillars holding up a witness's or culprit's claims.

Athena Cykes ~ Courtroom Révolutionnaire 2016
Source: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice
A fun, energetic song fitting Athena's character, made even better by its original version via the slightly more bombastic tone and implementation of guitars.

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Naruhodo Ryutaro ~ Objection! (The Great Ace Attorney 2)
An objection theme unique to a particular character in DGS2.

Pursuit ~ Lying Coldly (Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth)
Phoenix's rival got his own duology of games, wow! This is one of two (and the better in my opinion) pursuit themes from them.

Pursuit ~ Caught (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations)
The pursuit theme of the final game in the original trilogy. I don't know if Smash uses the original version of GBA songs, but honestly, the crunchiness really makes the song.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I have never played Ace Attorney but after consulting with the experts this is what I have conjured.

1. Apollo Justice ~ A New Trial is in Session (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)

Apollo Justice's "Objection!" theme. It only makes sense to include this one if we are including Phoenix's and Athena's.

2. Pursuit ~ Questioned (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All)

The pursuit theme of Justice for All.

3. Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2013 (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies) (original from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations)

A remix of Objection! 2004. It's used as Phoenix's theme in later Ace Attorney games, and serves as his theme in some crossovers like UMvC3

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Zamn! Everyone already submitted basically all the good songs. Lol, well that goes to show the true banger that is the AA OST.

1. Pursuit ~ Spell Breaker (Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

This is the last Ace Attorney track I can really think of to submit. It's an orchestral epic that's supposed to mesh the feel of an Ace Attorney Pursuit theme with the tone of Professor Layton. I'll leave it up to the team if they feel it shouldn't be included due to the Layton ties though.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don’t enjoy stopping polls before we reach the time limit but, once again, we have a clear winner with a total of 13 out of 17 votes being given to Courtroom. I feel Courtroom is the clear winner but I want to highlight that the MASON System and Gatewater Land were really interesting and creative submissions. I don’t think we get many like this where it goes above and beyond what is typically submitted. I really enjoyed them!

81CBA936-F3E9-40D7-8743-80664C787F7F.jpeg

now, with that being said, we can move to voting on which Courtroom to include.

Ace Attorney Stage

Courtroom

Yeah, well, someone was going to submit it. So here we go.

The courtroom is the main place of gameplay in all Ace Attorney games, so it only makes sense that it would be the location chosen for Smash. This is roughly what the scene would look like, with the area in front of the stand and benches being playable. The 2 walls of the trial grounds floor will remain there, with both of those being breakable walls making walkoffs possible. It will be possible to go on top of those walls as well as on parts of the witness stands.

Battlefield/Omega - The battlefield and omega versions will be fairly identical to each other. The background will still include the judges bench and a court backdrop. The judge will sit in his stand and do nothing. The floor and platforms where applicable will be brown like the court floor

Cameos(Gimmick and Hazards included here)
The Prosecutor bench - Prosecutors opposed by Phoenix and co will appear at this bench. Some inclusions would be Winston Payne, Miles Edgeworth, Gadot, Franziska Von Karma, and Klavier Gavin. Prosecutors from games 5 and 6 may appear as well as well, I haven't played those yet so I don't know who they would be and don't want to look them up for spoilers sake. They may occasionally hit poses from their games aimed at the defense, which can cause damage and knockback to players. Edgeworth will shout "OBJECTION", which will appear as a speech bubble. Von Karma will use her whip, Gadot will throw his coffee cup, and Gavin will air guitar, causing sound waves that will pulse out from him. They can be influenced to do this by attacking them.

The Defense stand - The defense lawyers will appear here. Apollo Justice, Athena Cykes, Mia Fey, and Phoenix Wright himself(if not being used) will show up here. The judicial assistants, Maya Fey, Pearl Fey, Trucy Wright, and others I may not know about yet will be here as well. The defense will occasionally shout an OBJECTION, HOLD IT, or GOTCHA out towards the prosecution. If hit while doing this they will attempt to block the opposing bench from being able to damage players.

The judges bench - The judge will be present at his bench. He will be present and is interactable as well. After a period of time of the prosecution and defense being active the judge will bang his gavel and call for order in the court, which will stop both sides from doing anything for a bit. You can also trigger this by standing in front of the judges bench and performing a successful taunt.

The witness stand - Popular witnesses from the series will appear here. They will not be interactive. For spoiler sakes I won't list them right here. If leadership wishes to pick them out or if I need to add them later I can.
Courtroom

So I'm gonna submit my take on an Ace Attorney stage that borrows a bit from Minecraft World. The gimmick being that depending on button inputs, you can change the appearance of the stage. Let's go over the base appearance and its functions.

Ace Attorney

View attachment 342870

This is the base appearance of the stage. It is a flat walk off with the spectator bench acting as giant walls. With enough damage, these walls can be broken although the walls do not reach up to the ceiling and more so halfway up the screen. The stage has a couple of cameos though. Apollo Justice and Klavier Gavin can be seen in a trial defending a random Smash Bros. character not currently in the match while the Judge oversees.

View attachment 342873View attachment 342874

These characters are chosen to take part in the trial if Phoenix is currently fighting on the stage. If Phoenix isn't in the match currently however, he will be duking it out with his own rival, Miles Edgeworth.

View attachment 342875View attachment 342876
With hazards on, every stage will have the same stage hazard. Some of the characters may shout OBJECTION! These speech bubble can hurt any player in its range and will launch them away. And now for the alternate looks,

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

This variation of the courtroom comes from Dual Destinies where an explosive detonated completely demolishing it. In this version of Courtroom, there are no walls blocking half each side. However, rubble is scattered across the floor making the ground uneven. The two characters on trial are Athena Cykes and Simon Blackquill with his pet bird Taka.

View attachment 342879

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

View attachment 342881

This layout resembles the courtroom of the Kingdom of Khura'in, a faraway country in the world of Ace Attorney. This version is similar to the Mishima Dojo stage in that a mystical barrier coats the entirety of both sides of the stage meaning that it will be need to be broken before a character can be KO'd and once it is broken, it stays broken permanently. Apollo Justice returns as well as his new rival, Nahyuta Sahdmadi.

View attachment 342882View attachment 342883

The Great Ace Attorney

View attachment 342884

The final layout is from The Great Ace Attorney taking place 100 years into the past focusing on the adventures of Naruhodo Ryunosuke, Phoenix Wright's ancestor. Specifically, this courtroom is one inside the Old Bailey in Great Britain. The layout is identical to that of the base version although the blastzone is a bit wider. Ryunosuke will be presiding this trial from the past against his rival, Barok van Zieks.

View attachment 342886

Omega/Battlefield

The Omega and Battlefield stage variants will take the appearance of the Ace Attorney Trilogy courtroom appearance with the trial happening in the background and the stage basing its appearance of the legal counsel benches.
Again, we will conduct this via poll at the top of the thread.

Also, in honor of the previous submissions that didn’t make it in..

Gatewater Land - Blue Badger March
Game: Mile Edgeworth Ace Attorney Investigations

MASON System
Game: Ace Attorney Apollo Justice

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Man, all the good stuff has been submitted especially Lying Coldly since that's my favorite Pursuit theme in the series. Oh well, anyway.

Great Cross-Examination ~ Allegro (The Great Ace Attorney)
Too much Pursuit theme and not enough Cross-Examination theme so I choose this one.

Interesting People (Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth)
Strange People (Gyakuten Kenji 2)
Not as popular as the Pursuit or Cross-Examination theme the "People" theme is another reoccurring theme in the series that serve as a more light-hearted tone to balance out the courtroom drama. Game like the Miles Edgeworth duology expanded on this to emphasize the vibe the character you are talking with.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Most of the best stuff's already been covered, but there's a few missing notes.

Trucy Wright ~ Child of Magic 2013

Ema Skye ~ Forensic Scientist 2016

Both themes cover some of the more beloved assistants in the series, including Wrighto's daughter, and the assistant of Rise from the Ashes, which is pseudo-canon.

Lastly, I have a personal favorite. I just like this smug sonova - Xin Eohp himself!

Furio Tigre ~ Swingin' Tiger

I would've submitted Simon Blackquill's theme, but it's a tad too slow to be a battle song imo, and it's just not as bouncy or fun as Tigre's.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for submitting music for the upcoming Ace Attorney stage! We will leave voting open until tomorrow morning EST.

That being said, we will kick off our next prompt concerning AA content!

Ace Attorney SmashSpace Content
Like before, we will be adding several items for players to collect from the Ace Attorney series. These can range from furniture, decorations, wallpaper, flooring, interactable objects, statues, and stuffed toys! When submitting, please give us a picture, the name of the item, what sort of item it is, and, if applicable, why it should be included. If its interactable, what kinds of interactions would it have?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1642473396764.png

The Thinker:
The murder weapon of the very first case Phoenix had ever done, a clock modeled after the famous statue. This is a SmashSpace item that can be placed on tables, is tied to your console's clock, and will say "I think the time is..." before saying the time out loud, in accordance to your console's settings. The voicework for the clock is done by Masaya Onosaka in Japanese while the English voice is done by Sean Chiplock.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1642518834787.jpeg

Attorney Table
An ornate reddish-brown wooden table with comfortable black seats. Touching this table causes the table to shake a bit and a red ! to pop up from it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A couple of things before bed time..

FACB284B-74B3-4AA8-9301-BFCBF7F418F0.jpeg

Adrianette’s version of Courtoom is the one that will be appearing in Infinite. Both were great choices. We won’t be accepting all the music submitted but there’s a good chance that a large amount of them will be.

Thank you everyone for submitting SmashSpace Content. We will be accepting all of these and it’s great to see such diverse amount! This really will surpass Hades related content which should prove fun for people.

We will proceed to submit an Ace Attorney…

Assist Trophy

We elected to submit an Assist Trophy for Ace Attorney. This will be the second Assist Trophy in our pass so there is a chance that the last two might not have one. When submitting, please provide a picture, the character, and what the assist trophy actually does in battle.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Franziska Von Karma

Franziska Von Karma
Yup. Of all the characters I could have chosen, I went with Franziska. Well hear me out. Franziska would spawn and snap her whip forward before quickly performing the sprite shown below:

She would then walk slowly, but confidentially on the stage. When she's close enough to a fighter, she would then attack with her whip, which launches far and has great K.O. potential.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Godot:
1642563422468.png

The smooth-talking, cool-cat prosecutor who made his debut in Trials and Tribulations. For this Assist Trophy, Godot will spawn with a cup of black coffee in his hands, which he drinks on occasion. If an opponent attempts to attack the summoner, Godot will throw his coffee cup at that opponent, dealing 7% damage and hefty hitstun for a short time. And before you complain that he only has one use per Assist, well don't be: after throwing, he'll just snap a finger and another coffee cup will be thrown towards him at high speed from offscreen, and Godot will catch it like a boss before taking another long sip.

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
The game is afoot! (yes this is the wrong theme but it's so good)

Ryunosuke Naruhodo & Herlock Sholmes (The Great Ace Attorney)

A Japanese law student and a legendary British detective, fates crossed accidentally. When summoned on the stage, the pair will recreate one of the core gameplay mechanics of the Great Ace Attorney series, the Dance of Deduction. The stage will go dark, similar to the Squid Sisters assist trophy, and the pair will begin to start talking, pointing, and dancing like hooligans in the middle of the stage. When they point and snap (as seen in the attached gif), a spotlight will shine on a random character, causing minor damage (like 7%) and stunning them briefly. This happens a few times before they snap once together and shine a large spotlight on the middle of the stage, dealing a larger amount of damage (18%?) and launching. Elementary!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Trucy Wright

Phoenix Wrights adoptive daughter, Apollo Justices partner and recurring character.

Once Spawned, Trucy will appear in the background and start her magic act where she can do one of a few things

She will either Take out her magic panties and pull an item from them or Take Out Mr. Hat and have him attack other players
Nice Idea for an Assist Trophy, Though Maybe without the panties it would still work for smash.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Trucy Wright

Phoenix Wrights adoptive daughter, Apollo Justices partner and recurring character.

Once Spawned, Trucy will appear in the background and start her magic act where she can do one of a few things

She will either Take out her magic panties and pull an item from them or Take Out Mr. Hat and have him attack other players
Yes, we would not be able to incorporate magical pantries. This is why they were passed up as Evidence.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have a thing against magical pantries. They are rude, crude, and absolutely not fit for keeping things in due to their magical properties. Come on everyone, this is a Rated E+ game. We are all nice boys and girls. The last thing Smash needs are magical pantries for all the yuckos to slobber over.

Last edited:
I have a thing against magical pantries. They are rude, crude, and absolutely not fit for keeping things in due to their magical properties. Come on everyone, this is a Rated E+ game. We are all nice boys and girls. The last thing Smash needs are magical pantries for all the yuckos to slobber over.
Then the Panties are gonna appear in trash can to make the game friendlier for everyone.
I mean, Smash was originally for Teenagers, right?
But then they changed in favor of children under 12, since Nintendo is very family Friendly company and they wanted Smash to be for all ages.

And about the "We all Good boys and girls", we are already grown up into Teenagers or Adults.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Double posting warning issued
I mean outside of that, are we good boys & girls? all of us?

Though ya, the rating for this game would technically deem that stuff unsuitable for kids to watch. but then again.....hasn't there been a kids entertainment series were guys use there underwears for something say "Captain Underpants"

Then the Panties are gonna appear in trash can to make the game friendlier for everyone.
I mean, Smash was originally for Teenagers, right?
But then they changed in favor of children under 12, since Nintendo is very family Friendly company and they wanted Smash to be for all ages.

And about the "We all Good boys and girls", we are already grown up into Teenagers or Adults.
Hey, I just noticed your icon. That's from Xeternaflamebryx.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Personally I feel like panties are ultimately just a piece of clothes and it’s weird to automatically associate them as a sexual thing but given that they do have such an association, especially in Japan, I can understand feeling they shouldn’t be “allowed.”

Anyways my assist trophy will be Ema Skye

She mixes two beakers together which results in a large, colorful explosion around her. After the explosion is done she throws you an item and disappears.
Also I don’t wanna sound annoying in saying this but I do think it would make much more sense to have the assist trophy be an assistant or detective who actually directly assists a protagonist in the games since there are so many of those characters

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Pantries? weren't we talking about...girls' underwear?
I accidentally misspelled “panties” with “pantries”. Autocorrect didn’t catch it and I didn’t realize it until much later. After realizing my slip up, I decided to run with along with everyone else.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Personally I feel like panties are ultimately just a piece of clothes and it’s weird to automatically associate them as a sexual thing but given that they do have such an association, especially in Japan, I can understand feeling they shouldn’t be “allowed.”

She mixes two beakers together which results in a large, colorful explosion around her. After the explosion is done she throws you an item and disappears.
Also I don’t wanna sound annoying in saying this but I do think it would make much more sense to have the assist trophy be an assistant or detective who actually directly assists a protagonist in the games since there are so many of those characters
I feel like she should do something that she actually does in the games.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the submissions for an Assist Trophy!
Franziska Von Karma

Franziska Von Karma
Yup. Of all the characters I could have chosen, I went with Franziska. Well hear me out. Franziska would spawn and snap her whip forward before quickly performing the sprite shown below:

She would then walk slowly, but confidentially on the stage. When she's close enough to a fighter, she would then attack with her whip, which launches far and has great K.O. potential.
Godot:
View attachment 343137
The smooth-talking, cool-cat prosecutor who made his debut in Trials and Tribulations. For this Assist Trophy, Godot will spawn with a cup of black coffee in his hands, which he drinks on occasion. If an opponent attempts to attack the summoner, Godot will throw his coffee cup at that opponent, dealing 7% damage and hefty hitstun for a short time. And before you complain that he only has one use per Assist, well don't be: after throwing, he'll just snap a finger and another coffee cup will be thrown towards him at high speed from offscreen, and Godot will catch it like a boss before taking another long sip.
Trucy Wright

• Fraziska von Karma
  • Godot
  • Trucy Wright
  • Ema Skye
Please go here to vote

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we will will transitioning to Mii Costumes before we get into Spirits. We are ordering up to 5 costumes this time. This is. A bit less than what we had previously but that should be ok. I’ll be posting our job later in the day but here’s the general makeup…

1 Ace Attorney Mii Costume
3 new costumes
1 previous costume

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry everyone, I got distracted.

Job #200mething: Submit a Capcom-related Mii Costume

We will be adding one Ace Attorney costume but, to kind of break us out of lawyer monotony, we will be focusing on adding a Capcom-related Mii Costume. Please note that we already add Arthur in our last wave. These are new mii costumes so nothing from Ultimate.

When submitting, please provide:
  • a picture
  • the name
  • series the costume is from
  • how it may affect the Mii
  • why the Mii Costume should be included

D

Deleted member

Servbot (Megaman Legends)

A character who makes an appearance in a number of Capcom games. This would be a full body costume and would be a Brawler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom