• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Capcom Mii Costume:
1642701479669.png

Captain Commando (Captain Commando)

Captain Commando
is main character of Futuristic Side-Scrolling Beat Em Up game called Captain Commando, which it was released on Super Nintendo and Arcades in 1991 by Capcom.
He is a Futuristic Cop that kills Criminals by using his weapons in the fight and his game takes place in year 2026. The world is filled with crime. Captain Commando and his three faithful Commando companions rise up to erase this crime from Planet Earth and from all the Galaxy. But the futuristic criminals they have to fight are endowed with a secret, hidden, evil power. Many of them are Super Criminals, with abilities beyond that of ordinary mortals. The leader of all Super Criminals is Scumocide (known as Genocide in Japan).

He could be Gunner Costume. His costume would consist of his Outfit, notably his armor, where Mii Gunner's weapon is replaced by his cannon. His outfit also consists of his Wig and Visor, which it could fit for a Mii Gunner.

I nominate Captain Commando as Mii Costume for Mii Gunner, because he could be first Mii Costume to have Capcom Arcade Representation in Smash. Besides, Captain Commando is very popular character among the Capcom fan community and because of that, he appeared in Capcom Crossover games like Marvel vs. Capcom or even other Crossovers like Project X Zone for example. Captain Commando is not so Iconic as Ryu, but still he is one of Semi-popular Capcom characters and he could deserve to be in Smash as Mii Costume.

(I mean, he could fit as Mii Brawler Costume, but when I found out that he has a Ranged weapon, I turned him into Mii Gunner)

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oops I forgot. No Resident Evil

Servbot (Megaman Legends)

A character who makes an appearance in a number of Capcom games. This would be a full body costume and would be a Brawler.
I also forgot to mention that a Servbot was already added.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1642718201090.png

Strider Hiryu:
One of the breakout characters of UMvC3, Hiryu is the protagonist of the Capcom video game Strider, an action platformer involving a ninja with the sword equivalent of a 3000-degree knife and an endless supply of mechanical animals at his beck and call. In Smash, Strider would be a Mii Swordfighter, with his hat consisting of his trademark hairdo and mask and his clothes consisting of the blue garb and red scarf he is known for today, and the weapon he uses is, what else, his Cypher sword.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Bad Box Art Strider (Swordfighter)

80s fitness tape leotard go brrrrrrr

This is nowhere near as weird or obscure as the other sub I had in mind before Goliso reminded me this belongs to Capcom.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
View attachment 343263
Strider Hiryu:
One of the breakout characters of UMvC3, Hiryu is the protagonist of the Capcom video game Strider, an action platformer involving a ninja with the sword equivalent of a 3000-degree knife and an endless supply of mechanical animals at his beck and call. In Smash, Strider would be a Mii Swordfighter, with his hat consisting of his trademark hairdo and mask and his clothes consisting of the blue garb and red scarf he is known for today, and the weapon he uses is, what else, his Cypher sword.
Fun fact: it's been heavily implied (but not outright confirmed) that the Strider series is set within the same universe as Street Fighter, mostly because Zeku from SFV makes SEVERAL references to the series, from his moveset to his Character Story's ending. Like seriously, the only thing missing at this point is for somebody at Capcom to just say "yeah, they're connected".

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Tsukino (Monster Hunter Stories 2)

Tsukino is a character in MHS2 that was prominently featured in Advertising for the game and is a somewhat major character

I don't need to say anything about Monster Hunter that hasn't already been said and the stories sub series is a fun time with great characters.

This would be a Brawler Mii Costume

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming
Sorry everyone, I got distracted.

Job #200mething: Submit a Capcom-related Mii Costume

We will be adding one Ace Attorney costume but, to kind of break us out of lawyer monotony, we will be focusing on adding a Capcom-related Mii Costume. Please note that we already add Arthur in our last wave. These are new mii costumes so nothing from Ultimate.

When submitting, please provide:
  • a picture
  • the name
  • series the costume is from
  • how it may affect the Mii
  • why the Mii Costume should be included

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Bad Box Art Strider (Swordfighter)

80s fitness tape leotard go brrrrrrr

This is nowhere near as weird or obscure as the other sub I had in mind before Goliso reminded me this belongs to Capcom.
im just going to be frank. Why? I would understand if it was an obscure enemy but this is almost insulting. I’ve been pretty patient and understanding of your submissions in the past but this one, to me, shows you care less about submitting quality content to our project and more so injecting whatever obscure or off-the-wall reference just to be contrarian. Even then, I accepted past submissions from you because I felt there was some goof stuff in your submissions. Like with Arwing, when I sat down and thought about it, it wasn’t a hugely bad idea hence why I was ok with it. This and past submissions like it feels insulting, offensive, and goes against the intention of this project. If you want to submit something, submit something that’s worthwhile meaningful rather than something that’s an inside joke only to you. We won’t be accepting bad box art Strider.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
im just going to be frank. Why? I would understand if it was an obscure enemy but this is almost insulting. I’ve been pretty patient and understanding of your submissions in the past but this one, to me, shows you care less about submitting quality content to our project and more so injecting whatever obscure or off-the-wall reference just to be contrarian. Even then, I accepted past submissions from you because I felt there was some goof stuff in submissions. This and past submissions like it feels insulting, offensive, and goes against the intention of this project. If you want to submit something, submit something that’s worthwhile meaningful rather than something that’s an inside joke only to you. We won’t be accepting bad box art Strider.
Haven't I made it clear? Almost everything I submit here is a haha obscure off-the-wall reference, that's kinda my deal. That's what drew me to Smash in the first place as a kid, the comically obscure and objectively lame retro characters nobody has thought about in decades - this thread is about making our dream Smash, and my dream Smash has haha obscure characters and references to poorly drawn game-inaccurate box art. I like to push the boundaries of obscurity and muddle the source material into a recognisable but distinct paste.

Anyway. how is an 80s fitness tape leotard not worthwhile meaningful?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Haven't I made it clear? Almost everything I submit here is a haha obscure off-the-wall reference, that's kinda my deal. That's what drew me to Smash in the first place as a kid, the comically obscure and objectively lame retro characters nobody has thought about in decades - this thread is about making our dream Smash, and my dream Smash has haha obscure characters and references to poorly drawn game-inaccurate box art.

Anyway. how is an 80s fitness tape leotard not worthwhile meaningful?
This project is to create a dream Smash, yes, but we do ask people to utilize realism into submissions. Almost everyone does except you. People put thought and work into making realizable submissions, for which I’m grateful. Your submissions, however, is a personal inside joke that flies in the face of actual real submissions with the intent of satisfying your own desire for obscure and off-the-wall content as opposed to what is good for the project and the thread. At times, you do submit very good ones but something like this, when there are very good candidates, is insulting to me. Especially given the caliber of what people submitted compared to “bad box art strider”. If you don’t care about this project enough to actually submit quality content, I understand but please don’t “bring it down” for your own hubris.

As for the quality of the submission, no, an 80’s style leotard is not a worthwhile submission; especially given that 1) Strider is already submitted, 2) that Stryder is the more popular of the designs, 3) no one save for a select few would understand this reference, 4) it wouldn’t make any sense for Capcom to include this particular bad box art when Strider hasn’t been featured in any capacity, and 5) we are focusing on more important Capcom characters. Considering this is a DLC costume, we want these to sell. Not tank.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
As for the quality of the submission, no, an 80’s style leotard is not a worthwhile submission; especially given that 1) Strider is already submitted, 2) that Stryder is the more popular of the designs, 3) no one save for a select few would understand this reference, 4) it wouldn’t make any sense for Capcom to include this particular bad box art when Strider hasn’t been featured in any capacity, and 5) we are focusing on more important Capcom characters. Considering this is a DLC costume, we want these to sell. Not tank.
OK, you win this one with the argument about it being DLC... but just because of that. If this were base game or free, I'd be fighting strong for Bad Box Art Strider.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
OK, you win this one with the argument about it being DLC... but just because of that. If this were base game or free, I'd be fighting strong for Bad Box Art Strider.
Im sorry if I sounded harsh but I swallow my concerns whenever a submission from you in posted as I want to honor those submissions. It is somewhat exhausting and exasperating to me. Especially when I see people posting really good submissions and then…bad box art strider. On one hand, it’s “ohhhhh no…what did W3 submit again” and “well, I have to honor the submission.” while worrying what the thread is thinking in regards of this submission should be approved or not.

I felt I had to put my foot down on something. I do know you like your obscure references and, I’ll be real, I really liked the Arwing submission once I thought about it. Still do. Bob, not so much and I wish I would of declined it so see if I could get perhaps a more appropriate submission from you.

I’ll make sure to include an obscure Mii costume submission at some point but let’s focus on the popular and iconic Capcom characters for this one. I suppose it’s partially on me for failing to say “Hey, focus on popular Capcom characters”. In all honesty, I started this one because I forgot to do it earlier in the day and I had 5 free minutes to write something quick down before I got busy.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Also everyone, sorry about the double posting, but it’s an announcement. I wasn’t able to get to scoring our assist trophy voting. I wanted to but I woke up late. I’m going to get to it in the next few hours during a lull in the day. That being said, you can expect to see the vote for the Capcom Mii costume in … a long time from now lol. I’ll try and get us started in the next eight hours or so.

Frank West (Dead Rising)
He's covered wars you know. This would be a Brawler. I did consider making it a Swordfighter with the bat but figured that might look silly.
Frank is good! That being said, can I recommend an idea? What if Frank was for all classes? For Swordfighter, he wields a baseball bat. For Gunner, he wields the Mega Man Arm Cannon?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also everyone, sorry about the double posting, but it’s an announcement. I wasn’t able to get to scoring our assist trophy voting. I wanted to but I woke up late. I’m going to get to it in the next few hours during a lull in the day. That being said, you can expect to see the vote for the Capcom Mii costume in … a long time from now lol. I’ll try and get us started in the next eight hours or so.

Frank is good! That being said, can I recommend an idea? What if Frank was for all classes? For Swordfighter, he wields a baseball bat. For Gunner, he wields the Mega Man Arm Cannon?
Fine by me!

Also could bo with Captain Commando, where you can wear his Costume as Mii Brawler or Mii Gunner, which it could be cool.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I think I like the idea of “bad boxart strider” being a mii costume but given the fact that we don’t have actual strider, adding him would feel less like playfully calling back to a series’s past and more like an insult to the franchise. Kind of like what happened when bad boxart megaman got added to street fighter x tekken.

Last edited:
I think I like the idea of “bad boxart strider” being a mii costume but given the fact that we don’t have actual strider, adding him would feel less like playfully calling back to a series’s past and more like an insult to the franchise. Kind of like what happened when bad boxart megaman got added to street fighter x tekken.
I mean, he looks funny, but the Real Strider makes more sense.
This game shouldn't have too much memes, because this game will end up as Circus in the Box.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Say, if Bad Box Art Strider is off the table, can I submit Bad Box Art Mega Man? He's actually been acknowledged by Capcom themselves. Numerous times, in fact.
I would like to table that for now, especially given the current circumstances of the Capcom submissions. Capcom has always done well with Mii Costume and we will for sure see more opportunities to submit them in the future.

Here are the results of the voting...

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Franzeska von Karma4 (8)311
Godot3 (6)28
Trucy Wright1 (2)57
Ema Skype2 (4)04

The whip-wielding prosecutor Franzeska von Karma will appear as additional content with the Ace Attorney pack as an Assist Trophy! Keep in mind that she will accompany along with a Master Spirit submission which will be coming in a few days.

We will keep Capcom Mii Costume submissions open for a little while longer. That being said, I finally got around to getting my own out...this was tough as I had in mind either an Amaterasu Hat, Haggard costume, Ingrid costume, or Akira costume. That being said, I settled with...

Amingo
1642778502262.png

I am not a big fan of adding another Brawler costume since we have so many. I really want to see more Mii Gunner's but the options are slim sadly. We allowed Ruby Heart submissions in the past and Amingo, despite appearing in Marvel vs Capcom, is a Capcom character who almost had his own game. This rotund intergalactic cactus roams the cosmos searching for plant life and comes to Earth to investigate why plant life was vanishing. Unlike past Mii Costumes, this would be more in line to a Deluxe Costume which completely covers the player in the costume; much like Bomberman, Vault Boy, and more. I wouldn't come with a song though.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here is the voting for the Mii Costumes for Capcom!

Capcom Mii Costume:
View attachment 343230
Captain Commando (Captain Commando)

Captain Commando
is main character of Futuristic Side-Scrolling Beat Em Up game called Captain Commando, which it was released on Super Nintendo and Arcades in 1991 by Capcom.
He is a Futuristic Cop that kills Criminals by using his weapons in the fight and his game takes place in year 2026. The world is filled with crime. Captain Commando and his three faithful Commando companions rise up to erase this crime from Planet Earth and from all the Galaxy. But the futuristic criminals they have to fight are endowed with a secret, hidden, evil power. Many of them are Super Criminals, with abilities beyond that of ordinary mortals. The leader of all Super Criminals is Scumocide (known as Genocide in Japan).

He could be Gunner Costume. His costume would consist of his Outfit, notably his armor, where Mii Gunner's weapon is replaced by his cannon. His outfit also consists of his Wig and Visor, which it could fit for a Mii Gunner.

I nominate Captain Commando as Mii Costume for Mii Gunner, because he could be first Mii Costume to have Capcom Arcade Representation in Smash. Besides, Captain Commando is very popular character among the Capcom fan community and because of that, he appeared in Capcom Crossover games like Marvel vs. Capcom or even other Crossovers like Project X Zone for example. Captain Commando is not so Iconic as Ryu, but still he is one of Semi-popular Capcom characters and he could deserve to be in Smash as Mii Costume.

(I mean, he could fit as Mii Brawler Costume, but when I found out that he has a Ranged weapon, I turned him into Mii Gunner)
View attachment 343263
Strider Hiryu:
Tsukino (Monster Hunter Stories 2)

Tsukino is a character in MHS2 that was prominently featured in Advertising for the game and is a somewhat major character

I don't need to say anything about Monster Hunter that hasn't already been said and the stories sub series is a fun time with great characters.

This would be a Brawler Mii Costume

Frank West (Dead Rising)
He's covered wars you know. This would be a Brawler. I did consider making it a Swordfighter with the bat but figured that might look silly.
I will submit Edward Falcon from Power Stone. I imagine he would be a brawler but if it’s alright with you can he keep the gimmick you suggested for Frank West where he can work for every mii type?
View attachment 343289
I would like to table that for now, especially given the current circumstances of the Capcom submissions. Capcom has always done well with Mii Costume and we will for sure see more opportunities to submit them in the future.

Here are the results of the voting...

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Franzeska von Karma4 (8)311
Godot3 (6)28
Trucy Wright1 (2)57
Ema Skype2 (4)04

The whip-wielding prosecutor Franzeska von Karma will appear as additional content with the Ace Attorney pack as an Assist Trophy! Keep in mind that she will accompany along with a Master Spirit submission which will be coming in a few days.

We will keep Capcom Mii Costume submissions open for a little while longer. That being said, I finally got around to getting my own out...this was tough as I had in mind either an Amaterasu Hat, Haggard costume, Ingrid costume, or Akira costume. That being said, I settled with...

Amingo
View attachment 343294
I am not a big fan of adding another Brawler costume since we have so many. I really want to see more Mii Gunner's but the options are slim sadly. We allowed Ruby Heart submissions in the past and Amingo, despite appearing in Marvel vs Capcom, is a Capcom character who almost had his own game. This rotund intergalactic cactus roams the cosmos searching for plant life and comes to Earth to investigate why plant life was vanishing. Unlike past Mii Costumes, this would be more in line to a Deluxe Costume which completely covers the player in the costume; much like Bomberman, Vault Boy, and more. I wouldn't come with a song though.
Here is the list...

• Captain Commando from Captain Commando (Brawler)
  • Strider Hiryu from Strider (Swordfighter)
  • Tsukino from Monster Hunter (Brawler)
  • Frank West from Dead Rising (All classes)
  • Edward Falcon from Power Stone (Brawler)
  • Amingo from Marvel vs Capcom (Brawler)

I will be putting up our next job in the next few hours.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #200something1: Submit an Ace Attorney-based Mii Costume

We are including one costume from the Ace Attorney series. Same rules applies with the costumes. Please provide the name, class, and how they may affect the Mii costume. In addition, please provide info why this character should be given the costume treatment.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1642795983631.png

Bad Badger (Mii Gunner)
The evil counterpart to the lovable mascot Blue Badger. Mii Gunner gains the head of Bad Badger, complete with a sick goatee and sunglasses. His body consists of a Blue Badger mascot suit with a model gun in his hand and a pair of beige pants.

Ace Attorney Mii Costume:

Maya Fey (Brawler)

Maya Fey is Phoenix's Assistant and she comes from Fey Clan. She is always with Phoenix Wright and she helps him sometimes.
She appeared in Ace Attorney on Gameboy Advance, which it was her debut along with Phoenix Wright.
The Mii Brawler Costume contains her wig and her outfit.
Her Wig has top-knot, while her outfit consists of her Skirt, Shirt and sandals. The Boxing gloves are replaced by purple aura, representing her Psychic Powers.

I nominate her as Mii, because she is one of Most popular female AA characters that appealed the fans. Since Phoenix is playable, why can't we just make Maya Fey as Mii Costume, since we could have a female representation in Smash as form of Mii Costume.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Gotta say, Frank really is the perfect choice. He's been on a Nintendo system before, he works for all three types (though can we add the knife boxing gloves to his Brawler outfit?), he comes from a genuinely beloved franchise (up until DR3...) and he fits the fun, goofy nature of Smash.

As for my submission...

Godot
1642827703071.png

As arguably the most beloved prosecutor of probably the most critically acclaimed title in the series, I feel like he's the best option. He'd be a brawler.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom