• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Mushroomy Kingdom actually had a reason for it being like it was.

The wiki says: "As stated before, the game director of the Super Smash Bros. games, Masahiro Sakurai, said in the stage's update on the Smash Bros. DOJO!! that he wanted to create the impression that the levels have had been abandoned since their initial appearance in 1985, 23 years prior to the release of Brawl."

besides, Castle Siege itself isn't inherently based on anything in particula so making a sequel stage doesn't really add much. But anyway, let the votes decide. The less realistic picks usually get weeded out anyway.

Off-topic, I'd like to ask Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom or whoever when the thing ends cause I want to write up something but your boy is having a busy day and I swear I did not use my free time watching Avatar: The Last Air Bender instead of writing up a stage idea... the cartoon... not the movie. There was never a movie anyway.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

The wiki says: "As stated before, the game director of the Super Smash Bros. games, Masahiro Sakurai, said in the stage's update on the Smash Bros. DOJO!! that he wanted to create the impression that the levels have had been abandoned since their initial appearance in 1985, 23 years prior to the release of Brawl."

besides, Castle Siege itself isn't inherently based on anything in particula so making a sequel stage doesn't really add much.

Off-topic, I'd like to ask Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom or whoever when the thing ends cause I want to write up something but your boy is having a busy day and I swear I did not use my free time watching Avatar: The Last Air Bender instead of writing up a stage idea... the cartoon... not the movie. There was never a movie anyway.
A reasoning which is never alluded to in Brawl, and also frankly much more ridiculous than just a simple "Hey look! It's THING but in a different style/tone!"

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

besides, Castle Siege itself isn't inherently based on anything in particula so making a sequel stage doesn't really add much. But anyway, let the votes decide. The less realistic picks usually get weeded out anyway.

We will continue this for several more hours.

So in regarding this project, my focus has always been the community. That being said, I’ve allowed certain elements to be included in the spirit of creative liberty. I’m not a fan of running the project with an iron fist. I mean, there’s been at one point where the whole project was alluded to be a dictatorship. It’s also obvious that my attempts to direct the project and prompts where I felt it was best to go was met with criticism, frustration, and even anger.

Throughout the course of the project, I’ve seen many reasons why people submit content. Some of these are to…
include personal wants/what they want
  • people submit based on what’s good for the project
  • people submit for lols or memes
  • people submit just to submit - sometimes the submission doesn’t have much thought put into it but they want to participate
  • people submit based on what they want the project to become or to influence the direction it takes
The reason I chose my leadership team was because I felt they understood the direction the project was heading and wanted to see this project become something to be proud of. Needless to say, they went above and beyond this and, without them, I would have stopped this thread back in March.

I would be lying if I agreed with all submissions or even felt “what the hell is this crap?” but regardless of my thoughts, I always honor the voting process and will accept submissions as long as they follow along with the prompt - even if it’s submitting Keese for the Zelda prompt (which thankfully didn’t happen). That being said, I do have a vision for the game and that’s to create a marginally realistic sequel to Ultinate that includes both popular, iconic, and unique elements that would make the community happy. If I could go back in time, I probably would have reduced our roster size or even limited certain submissions (i.e. I don’t see Reimu has base game material).

Sometimes, submissions REALLY go against the vision I have for this game which probably lands on the last bulleted point I made. Sometimes that does frustrate me as I felt that perhaps the project is being wrestled by opposing forces. It’s hard to balance out what I feel comepletes the project and what I feel people want to see be included. I don’t mean to pick on anyone but regarding some of Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario ‘s submissions during the project histoy, I have felt that these submissions was an attempt to turn the project into a smorgasbord of obscure, campy, scrimblo, or un-Smash-like content. It due amounts that’s fine but I can understand why some might get irked by it. Again, I would be lying if I didn’t go “siiiiigh, again?”

Conversely, some members in the thread have responded negatively when certain characters lost or even became angry. Barista was one such instance where I thought that we were opposing eachother rather than working together. I recall PeridotGX PeridotGX reacting negatively to a newcomer win that actually made me worried about the cohesiveness of the group.

This also goes to Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming where I have felt that while I agree with a lot your points, half the fun of this project is to submit content that maybe might never be considered. The joy in making these off-kilter submissions might seem strange but the fun that’s comes writing it might be worth the disappointment kf it not winning. Perhaps even gaining a few votes is a victory in of itself. Based on what I have seen, your submissions which have been few relies mostly within mainline speculation circles. While this is fine, that kind of mindset might rub people the wrong way because they want to try a different approach.

Heck, me and Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide had a throw down not so long ago that made me almost stop the project entirely. I blame it on my own mental health at the time and the fact I was absolutely tired from the day (and had been drinking). Then there was Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds who, in attempt to calm people down despite it not being an actual fight, kind of made the situation worse. Finally, I don’t think I need to mention our Twitter episode since we know what all went down during then.

Having arguments, discussion, and debates about our direction for the project is extremely important. Without it, we don’t really interact much and we don’t know what we eachother is thinking. I want debate. I want discussion. I even want arguments because that shows this project is growing, evolving, and is healthy. This is especially true as we move towards DLC since we are nearing the end.

Probably the better route earlier on was to ask people what their vision of this project is….

Yeah, like Redesigning Geno or stuffy etc.
You know that Castley Siege by Wario3 could be Stage Skin for Castle Siege to avoid the Confusion of their similarities.
We are almost done with this project. Adding this sort of content is far to late in development.

Last edited:

So in regarding this project, my focus has always been the community. That being said, I’ve allowed certain elements to be included in the spirit of creative liberty. I’m not a fan of running the project with an iron fist. I mean, there’s been at one point where the whole project was alluded to be a dictatorship. It’s also obvious that my attempts to direct the project and prompts where I felt it was best to go was met with criticism, frustration, and even anger.

Throughout the course of the project, I’ve seen many reasons why people submit content. Some of these are to…
  • people submit just to submit - sometimes the submission doesn’t have much thought put into it but they want to participate
  • people submit based on what they want the project to become or to influence the direction it takes
The reason I chose my leadership team was because I felt they understood the direction the project was heading and wanted to see this project become something to be proud of. Needless to say, they went above and beyond this and, without them, I would have stopped this thread back in March.

I would be lying if I agreed with all submissions or even felt “what the hell is this crap?” but regardless of my thoughts, I always honor the voting process and will accept submissions as long as they follow along with the prompt - even if it’s submitting Keese for the Zelda prompt (which thankfully didn’t happen). That being said, I do have a vision for the game and that’s to create a marginally realistic sequel to Ultinate that includes both popular, iconic, and unique elements that would make the community happy. If I could go back in time, I probably would have reduced our roster size or even limited certain submissions (i.e. I don’t see Reimu has base game material).

Sometimes, submissions REALLY go against the vision I have for this game which probably lands on the last billeted point I made. Sometimes that does frustrate me as I felt that perhaps the project is benign wrestled by opposing forces. I don’t mean to pick on anyone but regarding some of Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario ‘s submissions during the project histoy, I have felt that these submissions was an attempt to turn the project into a smorgasbord of obscure, campy, scrimblo, or un-Smash-like content. It due amounts that’s fine but I can understand why some might get irked by it. Again, I would be lying if I didn’t go “siiiiigh, again?”

Conversely, some members in the thread have responded negatively when certain characters lost or even became angry. Barista was one such instance where I thought that we were opposing eachother rather than working together. I recall PeridotGX PeridotGX reacting negatively to a newcomer win that actually made me worried about the cohesiveness of the group.

This also goes to Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming where I have felt that while I agree with a lot your points, half the fun of this project is to submit content that maybe might never be considered. The joy in making these off-kilter submissions might seem strange but the fun that’s comes writing it might be worth the disappointment kf it not winning. Perhaps even gaining a few votes is a victory in of itself. Based on what I have seen, your submissions which have been few relies mostly within mainline speculation circles. While this is fine, that kind of mindset might rub people the wrong way because they want to try a different approach.

Heck, me and Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide had a throw down not so long ago that made me almost stop the project entirely. I blame it on my own mental health at the time and the fact I was absolutely tired from the day (and had been drinking). Then there was Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds who, in attempt to calm people down despite it not being an actual fight, kind of made the situation worse. Finally, I don’t think I need to mention our Twitter episode since we know what all went down during then.

Having arguments, discussion, and debates about our direction for the project is extremely important. Without it, we don’t really interact much and we don’t know what we eachother is thinking. I want debate. I want discussion. I even want arguments because that shows this project is growing, evolving, and is healthy. This is especially true as we move towards DLC since we are nearing the end.

Probably the better route earlier on was to ask people what their vision of this project is….

We are almost done with this project. Adding this sort of content is far to late in development.
And what about DLC?
The game hasn't ended yet and Wishing Stars Levels, eh?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don’t mean to pick on anyone but regarding some of Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario ‘s submissions during the project histoy, I have felt that these submissions was an attempt to turn the project into a smorgasbord of obscure, campy, scrimblo, or un-Smash-like content.
This is the best compliment I've ever recieved. Obscure, campy, scrimboo, un-Smash-like, some of my favourite adjectives. If I'm getting people to say "Oh great, this guy again, what did you submit this time?" I'm doing my job well. Sure, I've barely won anything, but those little victories count for something.

Anyway, if you think this thread is meme hell, you should see other creation threads - especially the Another Universe thread, some of the characters there are pretty wild.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Job #204

Tokyo Mirage Sessions Battle Arena

Battle arena from Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Various characters from the game will appear in the background, such as Itsuki, Tsubasa, and many others. Accompanying lights and idol music included.
TMS is sadly intelligible. This is outrageous, it's unfair!

Venus: Take a seat, young Addy.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Sometimes, submissions REALLY go against the vision I have for this game which probably lands on the last bulleted point I made. Sometimes that does frustrate me as I felt that perhaps the project is being wrestled by opposing forces. It’s hard to balance out what I feel comepletes the project and what I feel people want to see be included. I don’t mean to pick on anyone but regarding some of Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario ‘s submissions during the project histoy, I have felt that these submissions was an attempt to turn the project into a smorgasbord of obscure, campy, scrimblo, or un-Smash-like content. It due amounts that’s fine but I can understand why some might get irked by it. Again, I would be lying if I didn’t go “siiiiigh, again?”

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Weird does not necessarily equal bad, but having a weird submission just for the sake of being weird irks the hell out of me. See: Bob Tekken, Cuphead Fire Emblem Stage

There's absolutely, 100% a good level of weird. Wii Fit Trainer, Pythra without Rex, Crazy Dave, the submissions of characters like The Amazon, Arcuid, and hell, even stuff like amalgamating Anna from all different versions of her character. I've never been against weird - I'm against weird without a purpose, like putting in a rando, borderline offensive D-list Tekken character over someone like Jin, Heihachi, or hell, even Kuma, or doing a "remix" of a song from Among Us - a song which, by the by, doesn't actually exist, mind you. I don't even think submitting the character is bad - but I'd like people to be more transparent about their ****posting. Characters like that are better left to Brawl mods and fangames.

If the goal of this project has been to be at LEAST psuedo-realistic, each job should come with a more precise rule-set so as to weed out stuff that is problematic/unrealistic.

And if you want to submit something weird, there's literally a thread about "movesets for anything" available on the boards.

That's my piece.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Weird does not necessarily equal bad, but having a weird submission just for the sake of being weird irks the hell out of me. See: Bob Tekken, Cuphead Fire Emblem Stage

There's absolutely, 100% a good level of weird. Wii Fit Trainer, Pythra without Rex, Crazy Dave, the submissions of characters like The Amazon, Arcuid, and hell, even stuff like amalgamating Anna from all different versions of her character. I've never been against weird - I'm against weird without a purpose, like putting in a rando, borderline offensive D-list Tekken character over someone like Jin, Heihachi, or hell, even Kuma, or doing a "remix" of a song from Among Us - a song which, by the by, doesn't actually exist, mind you. I don't even think submitting the character is bad - but I'd like people to be more transparent about their ****posting. Characters like that are better left to Brawl mods and fangames.

If the goal of this project has been to be at LEAST psuedo-realistic, each job should come with a more precise rule-set so as to weed out stuff that is problematic/unrealistic.

And if you want to submit something weird, there's literally a thread about "movesets for anything" available on the boards.

That's my piece.
Love it or hate it, I made a moveset for the Impostor and I'm not afraid to use it.
:4pacman:

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
And what about DLC?
The game hasn't ended yet and Wishing Stars Levels, eh?
The game will be ending soon. Wishing Star levels are considered non-essential as we are really focusing on crucial content. The adventure mode has been hell trying to piece together in a way where we all contribute. Otherwise, we would be at it for another couple of months. As for DLC, I’ll be making an announcement about that later tonight. We will have dlc but not at the same pace as we had before. I would expect more lull in regards to prompts than previously. In addition, my involvement with this thread will come to a potential stop or at least a significant dip in the coming months.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here’s your stage submissions for Fire Emblem!
Job 204

Askr (Fire Emblem Heroes)

The stage would take place right outside of the the Order Of Heroes castle

The platform is the top of a staircase that leads to a large doorway that shows the Order of Heroes lobby.

The platform arrangement is very similar to Kalos Pokemon league. the 2 platforms being held up by columns that can be broken if attacked.

Looking into the background you can see a handful of cameos just walking around in the back and occasionally coming up to the doorway to watch the battle the cameos are as follows
-Alphonse
-Shareena
-Anna (If no one is playing as her)
-Bruno
-Veronica
-Fjorm
-Eir
-Peony
-Regin
-Surtr
-Helbindi
-Laegjarn
-Laevatein
-Gunthra
-Hrid
-Ylgr
-Freyja
-Trianda
-Plumeria
-Mirabillis
-Loki
-Thorr
-Lif
-Thrasir
-Henriette
-Gustav

Kiran also appears at the very top of the staircase at the end of the hallway.

Feh or Fehnix may also fly onto the stage.

Castley Siege
What Mushroomy Kingdom is to Mario, Castley Siege is to FE. It is based on the Blazing Blade and is rendered in a bright, cheery, and somewhat ugly American cartoon art style - a little rubberhose-y - where many things have faces. It is very humourous in tone and has a cel shading effect.

(rubberhose Marth art by Daniel Cortes)

You begin on Castle Ostia at sunset. Every individual tower of the castle has a face and the anthropomorphic sun and moon are fighting for dominance. The layout for this phase is basically PS2 with two extremely angry towers that serve as walls - you can jump over those walls but there is nothing to the side of them. This is where the Omega takes place.

Eventually, cannonballs and tomatoes start getting thrown at the towers, which kills them (Xs in eyes and white surrender flags!) and thus removes the walls, but the base platform starts to crumble - once it is fully broken it goes into a similar moving phase to Castle Siege and you land in the interior throne rook of the castle, fighting atop a very grumpy rug waiting for a paycheck on a walkoff with windmil platforms - one by one the windmill platforms eventually grow faces; hands; and feet, walk off and grab a paycheck from an offscreen hand as they leave, you can still stand on them as they disappear which can lead to SDs. In the background you can see that rats have been painted over. This phase also has cameos from cartoony versions of all the playable FE reps, eating "ye olde popcorn" on wooden chairs - they're quite bored. They don't disappear if their anime-style versions are in play. The throne is empty. This is where the Battlefield form takes place.

Suddenly the ground begins to crumble and things get (a little) serious - a giant fire dragon - based on the final boss of Blazing Blade - breaks through the floor and rises into the night sky! You are now fighting atop the dragon's head with a walkoff to the left but not the right - athough it hangs its tongue out like a dog (which makes for a slippery little platform) and breathes fire through burping (which is somewhat like the laser on Corneria but bigger and more likely to hit), it's causing a lot of destruction as other castles slam into it (which is a bit more like the walls on Pilotwings combined with the wall on Orbital, though the destroyed walls also burst into debris which while not as powerful as getting hit by the walls cam still causing a lot of damage) causing the toon warriors to fight back, most stab into the dragon but one random character will constantly try fruitlessly to cut off the dragon's regrowing horn. (specifically the horn that isn't interactable with.)

Eventually, the dragon is defeated - its eyes turn to Xs, it goes from orange to blue, and it regurgitates a white flag. It falls down onto the now-reconstructed castle where the moon has won the battle, the warriors fall off the wall while the Smash fighters continue their battle

Here's a rough mockup of the layout. The third-technically-second/inside phase has spinning and progressively disappearing platform as said earlier.
View attachment 336684

If this somehow wins, I would like to request this background from "Knight-Mare Hare" be used to represent it on the front page
Job 204:
Hoshido (Fates)

Hoshido is a Place in Fire Emblem Fates. Hoshido locates on East and it is always sunny opposed to Hohr. It's the Place where Corrin could go after moving anyway from his Home Place.

The Stage Layout could take place on Hoshido's Castle and I could be like Castle Siege, but with more Platforms and it's Styled after Fire Emblem Fates game. There are Camoes on the Stage qre appearing like Camilla, Celica, Alm and even Adult Tiki (Dissappears if she is Summoned as Assist). In Background of the Stage, the Nohr is Shown.
In Omega and Battlefield Form, the Huge platform has Texture of Hoshido Castle's Roof and it has Platforms like Normal Version while Battlefield Form is On.

I nominate this Stage, because it could be Home Stage for Corrin and Anna, which they both could fit into it like a Puzzle. Also, it could represent Fates game as Form of Stage. The Stage doesn't have Hazards, so it's free for Playing without Hazards and it could be fun Stage. The sunny aesthetic could look so cool, since it could make Stage more Brighter for Playing on it.

And if You want to Ask why I picked the Stage, then read all my Explanations here over the Message.
Dragon Altar
New Mystery of the Emblem

I feel like I saw this as a stage mod once…

This stage is a combination of styles taken from the New Mystery of the Emblem, Awakening, and Heroes which would be a fitting location for one that appears in many FE games like Anna.

The stage is a traveling stage in the same vein as Bastion Hollow but with a scope similar to Northern Crater.

The stage is a single platform-like Final Destination and it first appears as it nears the Dragon’s Table. It has ancient tunes etched on the platform surface with a design mimicking the castle. The entire atmosphere is dark and gloomy with lightning flashing in the distance; framing the castle ominously. The stage will travel forward and cross the bridge before nearing the castle. It will then swerve around and enter into the castle and setting in a great chamber. This chamber becomes the focal point of the stage…

It consists of a single platform in the center with two gothic-style dragon heads that serve as footholds on either side. These can be uses to jump off from and platform on. The side of the stage is roughly around the same size as Mario Galaxy when not curved making it a rather large stage in its design.

There will be a warning sign after a while with a loud roar which causes the stage to transition back to the start but, instead, Medeus will appear within his dragon form. He is seen flying around the castle with significant chunks of it damaged. The stage will mimic its route but the Dragon will occassionally rush against the stage but it’s purely visual. Once it swoops back into the stage, the appearance of the stage greatly has changed with portions of it having massive holes where debris crashed into it. The left Dragon Statue has all hit collapsed and created a platform from where it once stood to the stage for a Yoshi’s Island type aesthetic. The right Dragon Statue is missing but, in its place, a large portion of the ceiling collapsed which creates a large solid platform.

If the stage plays through a third cycle, Medeus is replaced by Grima as a stage cameo. However, Grima isn’t fought as a boss here despite being a Boss within our modes.

Final Destination/Battlefield forms take place some distance in front of the castle. Medeus or Grima will be present, patrolling the outside of the castle.
Job #204

Tokyo Mirage Sessions Battle Arena

Battle arena from Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Various characters from the game will appear in the background, such as Itsuki, Tsubasa, and many others. Accompanying lights and idol music included.
  • Askr
  • Castley Siegey
  • Hoshido
  • Dragon’s Altar
  • Tokyo Mirage Battle Arena
We will be voting for our very last stage in Smash Infinite’s launch roster and will represent Fire Emblem. Please keep in mind each submission and vote for the one you feel should be included.
Please go here to vote

Job #205: Submit a Fire Emblem Mii Costume

So far, we have Gatekeeper and Lyndis as FE Mii Costumes but we can add one more character in for good measure. As per usual, please indicate what costume this is for and if it changes the appearance of the fighter’s weapon.

Job #207: Submit a Mii Fighter Costume from King of Fighters

As King of Fighter is a new franchise being added in that already has content, we are going to further expand this by adding a KoF original in as a Mii Costume. This will basically replace Iori’s costume. We already added Geese so this one will be joining the SNK lineup. Again, this one is only for KOF, not AoF and FF.

You may submit for both prompts

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

That's my piece.
I totally understand and agree with a lot of your points you made. I do think it’s necessary to have some amount of control on what’s included hence why we tend to veto submissions we feel goes against the prompts. This is especially true to spirits and music submissions since those go through a far less rigorous submission process than the rest of our content. That being said, I dedicate a lot of my free time (which is very little) to the thread hence why I have my leadership team. Even so, things so fall through the cracks and sometimes submissions that aren’t actually deemed eligible but aren’t addressed by the leadership staff tends to be allowed in by virtue of our own incompetence. I try to give people a heads up if something doesn’t fly before I decline on something. If I don’t get enough time, I then allow the submission.

As for the nature of the thread, a more discussion based where the prevailing opinions gets content included probably would of bared more realistic results but also could prove detrimental due to people claiming bias and what not. I felt this style was the best way to allow ideas to be included in a way that’s fair and balanced. I won’t lie that over the course of the year, I have even some very bad submission. I even remember someone submitting Maneater Shark for our first E3 third party newcomer. While the idea is just plain silly, it’s not realistic. Still, I allowed it because I didn’t and still down want to curb creativity.

This is the best compliment I've ever recieved. Obscure, campy, scrimboo, un-Smash-like, some of my favourite adjectives. If I'm getting people to say "Oh great, this guy again, what did you submit this time?" I'm doing my job well. Sure, I've barely won anything, but those little victories count for something.

Anyway, if you think this thread is meme hell, you should see other creation threads - especially the Another Universe thread, some of the characters there are pretty wild.
So, if I’m correct, your submissions are more of your own personal vision of a Smash game rather than submitting content that’s realistic and sensible? I’m not trying to be mean but I do try to understand the entire reasoning behind some of your submissions.

As I mentioned above, I do think realistic (and yeah I know Infinite is far form realistic) is our way to go with content that falls inline with general Smash aesthetics to be key. But I do think it’s important to have an array of content that varies. Otherwise, all the popular stuff is submitted and then submissions become…boring and predictable. That’s also something I want to avoid so we have engaging and enjoyable prompts that challenge people to dig into the content and research about it.

Still though, it’s hard not to see your submissions and think either your submitting for lols, you are bored, you are submitting to surprise people with “holy **** he want there with that! That’s so unique!”, or “I’m going to submit the most wackiest submission ever just for the fun of it.” I think that’s the impression people get when they see it. Meanwhile, people do put effort in realistic submissions with the end goal of getting into the game. Perhaps that they feel cheapened when content that they feel shouldn’t belong in Smash gets submitted.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job 207
Kyo (Orochi Saga) - The King of Fighters

Kyo 97.png

Kyo's iconic look from the King of Fighters '94 till '98!

This Mii Costume would include his hair and iconic bandana (which recently made a return in KOF XV, after much anticipation and decades of absence) as the Kyo Wig. The Kyo Outfit would be made out of his personalized black school uniform (short-sleeved) and gloves, which both include the yellow Kusanagi clan symbol on their backs. If a Mii is equipped with these gloves, fire may come out during certain attacks!

1636072721181.png

the Kusanagi clan symbol on Kyo's jacket

Just like the Iori Mii costume from Smash Ultimate, both costumes would be from the Orochi Saga, which is the first and most iconic saga from the King of Fighters. And just like the Iori Outfit, this outfit would specifically be made for the Mii Brawler. Although the wig is universal, of course.

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom During voting, can you please rebrand GamingGryffindor's submission as "Kyo (Tales of Ash Saga)" please? Just to avoid confusion in any case. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, now I got my messages out of the way. I got some big news about the thread….

We will be closing up shop for a while. Once we finish the rest of the content, we will be taking a break. Sure, we might do a few Alt color submissions or Spirit submissions but that’s about it. I will also be taking a back seat to focus on professional development and exams so I won’t be able to dedicate as much time as before. This goes with the rest of my other threads with Pokken 2 getting shelved, MvC4 probably starting up after the new year with dlc, and Disney Smash probably doing a single weekly update. That’s just the matter of my situation. Infinite will probably see two or three updates per week following our launch. We have about ten more jobs left which are mostly Alt costume, Smash Dungeon, Wishing Stars, and SmashSpace related.

I intend for us to start back up developing DLC before Christmas time which brings us a full year since the thread started. I felt that was a good time to begin with our DLC seasons. That being said, even with DLC, the thread won’t be as active as before since DLC development comes and goes in waves.

I have yet to decide if I will continue to run this thread into the DLC phase as it will be solely depend by own personal situation. That being said, I have a hard to me letting go off control of projects. Before I left my previous job, I planned the entire year of 2021-2022 for my successor as I felt they couldn’t do as good of a job as I did. I want to avoid that situation if I am to step down and let the leadership team take over. That’s something that we still need to discuss about.

Once the game is launched, we will go on a month long break with a few updates here and there.

We will also use this time to catch up on the front page and the wikia.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 205:
1636073884911.png

Alfonse (Fire Emblem Heroes):
One of the more popular Heroes-original characters only surpassed by Fjorm, Alfonse is the next best option since there's no Mii Spearfighter. Alfonse's white-and-gold armor and blue cape will take up the body while the sword used would be Fólkvangr the hat will consist of a blue wig with a gold laurel-like crown on his head.

Job 207:
1636074965321.png

Shun'ei (Brawler):
The newest protagonist of the modern KoF saga. In Smash, Shun'ei's outfit will consist of his white shirt and black pants with white shoes and a dark blue jacket over his shoulders, while the head will consist of his green hair and headphones as a universal wig.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job 205:
View attachment 336758
Alfonse (Fire Emblem Heroes):
One of the more popular Heroes-original characters only surpassed by Fjorm, Alfonse is the next best option since there's no Mii Spearfighter. Alfonse's white-and-gold armor and blue cape will take up the body while the sword used would be Fólkvangr the hat will consist of a blue wig with a gold laurel-like crown on his head.

Job 207:
View attachment 336756
Kim Kaphwan (Brawler):
The first-ever Korean character in a fighting game, Kim Kaphwan, in the world of KoF, is a master of taekwondo and possesses a sense of justice. He also takes it upon himself to redeem known criminals Chang Koehan and Choi Bounge. In Smash, Kim Kaphwan's outfit will consist of his white-and-blue taekwondo gi with the blue wraps on his wrists, while the head will consist of his brown hair as a universal wig.
Oh man, as much as I want more Kim Kaphwan representation, the prompt mentions only allowing KoF original characters. Kim Kapwhan originates from Fatal Fury.

If you still want to do a Taekwondo character, May Lee and Jhun Hoon are still there though! Although I'll have to admit (as a Jhun main), they do lack Kim's iconicness and popularity.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Oh man, as much as I want more Kim Kaphwan representation, the prompt mentions only allowing KoF original characters. Kim Kapwhan originates from Fatal Fury.

If you still want to do a Taekwondo character, May Lee and Jhun Hoon are still there though! Although I'll have to admit (as a Jhun main), they do lack Kim's iconicness and popularity.
Huh. I thought Kim was from KoF. Well, finna boutta change it real quick.

EDIT: Found a good one.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
FE costume: Death Knight mask

The helmet the Death Knight wears in Three Houses. It’s a mask that any mii can wear and goes over all their head

KoF: K’

A brawler costume that gives a leather jacket and white hair

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So, I have one more thing to bring to the thread and that’s some info on DLC…

We will be adopting an Ultimate+ DLC model which means we will continue to use Fighter’s Packs as well as a Fighter’s Pass model. There are three total ways for consumers to purchase the DLC. This is based on past reception of the previous packs and passes during Ultimate.

1. Download each content separately. People will be able to purchase and download content that’s typically within a pack separate from one another. This allows them to customize their own dlc at now extra cost.
2. Purchase the packs altogether in one set price. This will include all of the content that comes with it.
3. Purchase or download the Fighter Pass Seasons. People will be able to purchase the Fighter Pass seasons individually or the Fighter Pass Infinite Pass which is all of them included. Unlike previously, content will automatically be available to players who purchase this once they start up their console.

Now, we are offering two new unique programs for players regarding DLC

1. Players can take a character out for a “spin” prior to lunch. The character will be available for demo for two days prior to release. This allows people to decide if they want purchase the character or not. This is called “Fighter Demo”.
2. What about people to already got the Pass? They can participate in the “Smash Redeem Program” which gives players a week to decide if they want to keep the content or exchange it for in-game gold, spirits, Wishing Stars, SmashSpace content, or Nintendo Points for the eShop. That being said, choosing this option results that entire Foghter’s Pass being removed and ineligible to be redownloaded again. If someone chooses to exchange their Fighter’s Pack they got via the Fighter’s Pass but then decide they wanted to keep it, the only way they can get it back is repurchasing that Fighter’s Pack again

So what does the DLC roadmap look like?

That’s something we havebrut to fully decide on yet within the leadership team but here’s a preview of what goes into each Pack

PackContentUnaffiliated DLC paid/free content
Fighter’s Pack 1
  • Fighter
  • Stage
  • Music
  • Spirits
  • SmashSpace Content
  • Added Bonus (2 content)
    • Smash Dungeon
      Enemies
    • Smash Dungeon Stage
    • Assist Trophy
    • Item
    • Boss
  • Mii Costumes
  • SmashSpace Items
  • Smash Dungeon enemies
  • Smash Dungeon stages
  • Spirits
  • Spirit Events
  • Alternate color packs
  • New content like game modes and updates
  • Balancing

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Noooo I missed my chance to resubmit my Opera House stage idea for the last job! 😭 Stupid school... At least I have some ideas for the current jobs.

Job #205: Officers Academy Uniform

1636076307874.png

The colors should probably be the gold and black that the students actually wear in the game... But yes, this well-known uniform design will come in male and female varieties, and it will be a Mii Swordfighter who wields a standard steel sword from the game.

Job #207: Athena Asamiya

1636076507356.png

Honestly I'm surprised this costume doesn't exist already in SSBU, Athena is a popular KOF character, as much as Ryo and Nakoruru I'd say, and they got canon costumes. Anyways, she'd be a Mii Brawler.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Would people be intrested in a moveset/smash game creation contest? Basically, every round i would give a prompt like "make a moveset for a 3ds character" or "overhaul a veteran" or something, sumbmissions would be open for like two weeks, and then i would get judges to decide a winner for the round. These things are pretty popular and fun over on gamefaqs, and i would like to bring them over to a good this site. And don't worry - i wouldn't require movesets to be near as lengthy as your average MYM moveset.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Would people be intrested in a moveset/smash game creation contest? Basically, every round i would give a prompt like "make a moveset for a 3ds character" or "overhaul a veteran" or something, sumbmissions would be open for like two weeks, and then i would get judges to decide a winner for the round. These things are pretty popular and fun over on gamefaqs, and i would like to bring them over to a good this site. And don't worry - i wouldn't require movesets to be near as lengthy as your average MYM moveset.
Yo is this like the stage creation contest? I may not participate, but I'm definitely watching.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Athena is not allowed. KOF characters who debuted in KOF only!! No one from Psycho Soldier (Athena and Kensou), Ikari warriors (Ralf, clark, Heidern), SamSho (Nakoruru but she's already a mii lol), Fatal Fury (Terry, Andy, Joe, Kim, Mai, Tizoc (KOD is fine imo, but wait for someone else to verify), Jenet, Gato, Rock etc.), Art of Fighting (Ryo robert eiji king yuri kasumi big)

ONLY CHARACTERS THAT MADE THEIR DEBUT IN KOF

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Athena is not allowed. KOF characters who debuted in KOF only!! No one from Psycho Soldier (Athena and Kensou), Ikari warriors (Ralf, clark, Heidern), SamSho (Nakoruru but she's already a mii lol), Fatal Fury (Terry, Andy, Joe, Kim, Mai, Tizoc (KOD is fine imo, but wait for someone else to verify), Jenet, Gato, Rock etc.), Art of Fighting (Ryo robert eiji king yuri kasumi big)

ONLY CHARACTERS THAT MADE THEIR DEBUT IN KOF
aw man but the KOF designs are like almost always the best designs for those crossover characters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm only doing FE characters since that's my area of expertise here
Dimitri
1636095778714.png

Dimitri is one of the main characters of Fire Emblem: Three Houses and the leader of the Blue Lions house. He would be a swordfighter costume, with his cape and armor serving as the outfit and the sword being replaced by a smaller version of Areadbhar.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ash Crimson - Brawler

A major character during the Tales of Ash saga of KOF. Ash is a mysterious figure who often acts as an antagonist to the heroes. This costume gives the Mii Brawler his distinctive bun hair style and his outfit. Ifpossible we could also make it so that there are Green energy effects around the attacks to reflect Ash's pyrokinesis abilities.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Having Kyo seems like a very sensible addition and a worthwhile addition replace Iori but we don't have many fighters that sports tons of hair!

Crazy hair!

1636121670905.png

BENIMARU NIKAAAAAAAAIDO!!!!!!

Benimaru Nikaido is one of the teammates and longtime rival of Kyo in Team Hero but this changes in the newest game with him teaming up with Shun'ei and Meitenkun. Benimaru would be distinct enough due to his crazy hair that would look ridiculous on a Mii plus the blank tank top which bares the midriff. I feel this Mii Costume would really push the boundaries of what ius possible for a Mii Costume. For added effect, the Mii could utilize lightning in same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom