• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
I'm not against doing a Piranha Plant like character. I have one in mind too, but since the prompt says not to discuss right now, I'll save that for later.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I think the type of fighter we need is something both traditional fighter wise but unorthodox character wise

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be closing up diwcussion regarding this potential bonus fighter and jumping into more PvZ content so please stay tuned.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for both the moveset submissions and the discussion about a potential bonus fighter!

Moving on, we will be adding an Assist Trophy and Mii Costume for Plants vs Zombies!

Job #149: Submit an Assist Trophy and Mii Costume from PvZ

Since we don’t actually know which plants will be included in Crazy Dave’s moveset, we will instead be including an Assist Trophy based on one of the many types of Zombies found in PvZ! There’s a catch though…

This Assist Trophy is called Zombie Horde and will gradually make their way from where they were spawned until the very edge of the stage; even if they are on a floating platform.The Zombies numbers between 3 to 8 total; much like how the waves are in the actual game.

So what can we submit! One of the zombies to appear in the Horde! We are going with zombie power levels of weak to mid strength so please no super strong ones as we are saving those possibly for Wishing Stars or Smash Dungeon.

Please state the following:
  • Zombie Name
  • What attributes does it have (ie. higher defense due to having a zone on its head)
In addition, we will be including a Mii Costume. However, unlike other Mii Costumes jobs, we will be just including hats from the series. These can be composed of current plants such as the Sunflower, Peashooter, or Wall-nut. As we are focusing on zombies during the Assist Trophy, we will be focusing on Plants for the Mii Costume. Kind of a bit like Plants vs Zombies

When submitting, please include the following information:
  • Name
  • Why it should be included as a a hat

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Didn't read thoroughly enough. I can't think of a plant costume so I'll skip this job. I'll probably submit an exposed brain wig if we get another generic costume job.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Assist Trophy:
1629249788210.png

Jack-In-The-Box Zombie:
These insane guys are fast little buggers who are constantly winding a jack-in-the-box. He will take about 25 HP before dying, but if he's kept alive for a range of 13-22 seconds, the jack-in-the-box will spring out, earning a surprised reaction from the zombie before it explodes, dealing 16% damage to surrounding enemies.

Mii Hat:
1629249569724.png

Doomshroom Cap
No doubt one of the most powerful explosive weapons in PvZ1, the Doomshroom was a player's go-to screenwiper. For the Mii Hat, the cap of the mushroom is situated just over a Mii's eyes. Funnily enough, the Doomshroom's eyes would be positioned at the average eye level, giving the Mii a sinister glare.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Mii Costume

1629250833122.png

Rose (Swordfighter)

The Hat isn't a total replacement, it's more like the Arcade bunny hood, the body is made of the vines and cape, the sword being the staff.

Rose was one of the new Plants in Garden Warfare 2 and that series could use some more rerpresentation.

This is one of the most iconic plants and it would be a fun hat

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mii Costume

View attachment 326726

Rose (Swordfighter)

The Hat isn't a total replacement, it's more like the Arcade bunny hood, the body is made of the vines and cape, the sword being the staff.

Rose was one of the new Plants in Garden Warfare 2 and that series could use some more rerpresentation.
The intent was to include a few more hats as we are severely lacking in that category. What we can do is meet this strictly to the hat but, when added to a Mii Swordfighter, they gain the staff instead of a regular sword if it gets voted in.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Octo_Zombie.png

Zombie Submission
Octo Zombie
These medium sized zombies are slow in attacking a movement speed, what they lack in that is some decent hp and the ability to toss a octopus that can bind whoever it hits still.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 149:

Assist Trophy: Football Zombie

This Zombie is very durable due to it's football gear and much like in the games it can move fast

Mii Costume:
Sunflower Hat

This is as it sounds. The sunflower works as a hat, with the neck turning green and the miis face replacing the sunflowers above

airConditioner

Smash Ace

Assist Trophy: Flag Zombie
It's a regular Zombie with a flag. Same stats as the base zombie assuming we are adding it into the horde, except it moves kinda faster. It's pretty weak overall, but it would be weird to have a wave of zombies flood the screen without the leader of the horde to accompany them.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for the submissions!
After discussing about it with the leadership team, we will be accepting all of the Zombie submissions while also adding in the Browncoat Zombie and Cone Zombie. The official list is:

1. Browncoat Zombie
2. Cone Zombie
3. Flag Zombie
4. Football Zombie
5. Octo Zombie
6. Jack-in-the-Box Zombie
7. Pole-vaulting Zombies
8. Screen Door Zombies
9. Bucket Head Zombies

That being said, we will be voting for which Mii Hat to include:

Plant Hat: Peashooter

This is self-explanatory. The Peashooter's head is the hat, but if you look deep in the mouth hole, you can barely see the Mii's face. I chose the Peashooter because it is without a doubt the most iconic PvZ plant.
Assist Trophy:
View attachment 326720
Jack-In-The-Box Zombie:
These insane guys are fast little buggers who are constantly winding a jack-in-the-box. He will take about 25 HP before dying, but if he's kept alive for a range of 13-22 seconds, the jack-in-the-box will spring out, earning a surprised reaction from the zombie before it explodes, dealing 16% damage to surrounding enemies.

Mii Hat:
View attachment 326717
Doomshroom Cap
No doubt one of the most powerful explosive weapons in PvZ1, the Doomshroom was a player's go-to screenwiper. For the Mii Hat, the cap of the mushroom is situated just over a Mii's eyes. Funnily enough, the Doomshroom's eyes would be positioned at the average eye level, giving the Mii a sinister glare.
Mii Costume

View attachment 326726

Rose (Swordfighter)

This is one of the most iconic plants and it would be a fun hat
Job 149:

Assist Trophy: Football Zombie

This Zombie is very durable due to it's football gear and much like in the games it can move fast

Mii Costume:
Sunflower Hat

This is as it sounds. The sunflower works as a hat, with the neck turning green and the miis face replacing the sunflowers above
We will be included the top two winners for the Mii Hats.

You can find the link here

In addition, we will be including House to represent Plants vs Zombies. That being said, the stage will function in a manner similar to Minecraft World. Unlike traveling and transitioning from place to place, the stage is transfixed onto a single area. This area changes every match but like the Biomes in Minecraft World, players can predetermine the terrain by an input before selecting the stage. This was decided to incorporate both submissions by Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide and Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 . This path was particularly chosen due to how close the voting was.

The stage remains relatively the same throughout each area but retains the idea brought up by Addy …

The stage layout would be a completely flat walk-off stage that rips its layout straight from PvZ but in 3D to fit the Smash style. There's a catch though, just like King of Fighters Stadium. You must get blasted through an invisible wall except the difference between this and KoF Stadium is that you can only be blasted through the left.
There are five areas:
  1. Lawn (Day)
  2. Lawn (Night)
  3. Pool (Day)
  4. Pool (Fog)
  5. Roof
Each area is randomized but, as mentioned, it can be selected via button input at the stage select screen. In addition, while we did include the Zombie Horde as an Assist Trophy, due to limitations, the assist trophy will not be accessible on this stage as the Zombie Horde is a stage hazard/gimmick. I didn’t consider the ones that were brought up in each submission so I will be adding these also to the Assist Trophy. This stage also has an unique aspect where, if Crazy Dave is selected and playable, then the Plants won’t appear as cameos. This is in order to help players be less confused during battle.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We are still compiling the moveset content but it’s been rather slow going so we apologize for that. We typically migrate all of the content onto a Doc for us to look and compare moves but I have yet to jump into that yet. We also intend to do Spirits eventually but we decided to wait until we get the alt costumes, moves, and music (which has been added to the Doc) up and running.

Which reminds me…

Craaaaaaazy Dave Craaaaaazy Alternate Costumes!

We will begin submitting alternate costumes for Crazy Dave. We will be resubmitting 10 colors for Dave but, as luck would have it, we are holding two Crazy Dave color slots for an alternate costume and it’s recolor like how we did with Sonic.

Unlike before though, we have a choice between which ones we decide on. You can find the poll at the top of the thread.

Pajamas

Carnie

Cray-Z

Swimsuit

We won’t be submitting the alternate costume additional color until we vote. We will be submitting recolors for the other ten.

When you submit, please include the following info:
  • Picture​
  • Reference​
  • Color Slot​
  • Why it should be included​

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1629339278722.png

Nate Timely (Red)
One of Crazy Dave's fellow protagonists in the comics, Nate Timely is an aspiring explorer seeking to help fight off Dr. Zomboss's armies and stop his plans to conquer Neighborville. Crazy Dave will gain a red shirt, a brown beard, green pants, and bright yellow sneakers in this alternate color. His watch also becomes a bright red, as well.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord

"Water Hose Girl"
(Purple)

Might be an obscure pick but this is taken from the trailer for the Chinese version of PvZ 2. This girl above, while doesn't have any official name as far as I know but I'm just going to call her "Water Hose Girl" time-traveled together with Dave along with 2 other character to ancient China to fight off the zombie emperor face-to-face.

Anyway onto the color, with how simple looking Dave's design actually is we can just have his white shirt changes color to purple while his hat gain a slight light blue tint to reference the water hose that she wearing.​

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Okay I dint know if this exists but is there a costume where crazy dave where's a Chinese style kimono for PVZ2 Chinese Edtion, I could of sworn I found one

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Dave Alt: Browncoat Zombie (Brown/Green)
1629378779500.png

Crazy Dave's Shirt will change to the brown of the zombie's coat, and his jeans will become darker to match those of the Zombie's. Like Dark Link, Dave's Skin will change color, to the green of a Browncoat Zombie. This is stretching the definition of a simple alt, but a red tie with white stripes could be included as well. If that too much for an alt that it would simply not be included.

Dave Alt: Dr. Zomboss (Gray)
1629379074844.png

This will likely be scrapped if we get over 10 submissions but that is rarely the case so heres another alt, also having green skin. To represent the primary antagonist of the series, who will hopefully be included as a boss, Crazy Dave's Shirt will turn light grey, and his pants and shoes will turn black. A relatively simple alt but, the second most obvious Zombie skin alt imo.

Like Dark Link and Fierce Deity Link, these serve as cool skin towards the end of his selection, and will be the exception not the standard, so these will likely be the only two zombie skins.​

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord

"Water Hose Girl"
(Purple)

Might be an obscure pick but this is taken from the trailer for the Chinese version of PvZ 2. This girl above, while doesn't have any official name as far as I know but I'm just going to call her "Water Hose Girl" time-traveled together with Dave along with 2 other character to ancient China to fight off the zombie emperor face-to-face.

Anyway onto the color, with how simple looking Dave's design actually is we can just have his white shirt changes color to purple while his hat gain a slight light blue tint to reference the water hose that she wearing.​
Don't know if I could submit more but considering Krook posted 2 and there's still a few more human character it will be a missed opportunity before being filled by zombie recolor and Dave various attire which haven't been submitted.

"Pothead Girl"
(Lime)

Yet another character from the same trailer, here Dave's shirt will be tinted lime green while his hat turn a slight bit brown.

There's still one more person but I'll refrain from submitting it.​

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
View attachment 326868
Nate Timely (Red)
One of Crazy Dave's fellow protagonists in the comics, Nate Timely is an aspiring explorer seeking to help fight off Dr. Zomboss's armies and stop his plans to conquer Neighborville. Crazy Dave will gain a red shirt, a brown beard, green pants, and bright yellow sneakers in this alternate color. His watch also becomes a bright red, as well.
Man those were some good books, they need more attention

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, we only have about 2 colors submitted. Based on early voting data, I can surmise that Cray-Z is indeed the winner with 12 total votes. We will be including this alternate costume along with the recolors. It will need one more additional color to go along with it. With that in mind, we need 8 more alternate costumes for Crazy Dave.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Patrice Blazing (Teal)

Dave's Hair and goatee become bright orange and half of his shirt becomes Teal and the other half becomes white and his pants become pink, His shoes also become teal

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #150: Submit First Place Prize for Each Smash Infinite World Tour

As mentioned, we will be conducting a world wide tour for Smash Infinite which includes a chance to play the game as well as enter into the world tour tournament. We will also be deciding on which newcomers will be available at the tournament. Not everyone will be available.

Here is the list of Veterans:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultjigglypuff::ultfalcon::ultness::ultbowser::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultmarth::ultmetaknight::ultwario::ultsnake::ultzss::ultpokemontrainer::ultike::ultvillager::ultyounglink::ultrosalina::ultgreninja::ultbayonetta::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultjoker::ultkrool::ult_terry::ultsteve::ultkazuya::ultfalco::ultmegaman::ultpalutena:

Well rounded characters that have notable players that perform well with them. You will see in the above poll which newcomers we can choose to accept. You May vote for 3. Ranked voting won’t be counted.

That being said, we will award the World Tour top winner with a prize that totals up to $1000 worth of content. We will be accepting multiple winners to create a “gift basket” type award. What would this content be? It needs to be composed of money that would fall within this $1000 so a plan ticket to Japan or a stick of gum won’t be acceptable as they are underneath or exceeds that money. Due to bylaws, we can’t actually award winners with the $1000, it must be composed of content.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. Wario
2. K. Rool
3. Minecrap Steven

My gift basket submission:
Replica Game & Watch Zelda

The actual 80s G&W Zelda, not the modern day version. I chose Zelda due to it being widely regarded as the best and most complex G&W game.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Wario
2. K. Rool
3. Minecrap Steven

My gift basket submission:
Replica Game & Watch Zelda

The actual 80s G&W Zelda, not the modern day version. I chose Zelda due to it being widely regarded as the best and most complex G&W game.
Sorry, I meant that those veterans are already confirmed as playable for the Tour. We will be deciding which newcomers to include. Sorry.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 150:
Custom Smash Infinite Statue + Figurines:

An intricately detailed statue of Big Battlefield, measuring 2 feet high, 4 feet wide, and 3 feet long. It also comes with 1/16-scale figurines of all fighters available in the World Tour, which can be placed anywhere on the stage, allowing the creativity to flow. They can be placed anywhere on the stage, as both the main and smaller platforms are lined with magnets to keep them in place.

Job #150:
Super Smash Bros. Infinite Trophy.

The well-detailed Trophy will be made out of the gold and the small model of Final Destination is placed on top of it. Also, it will be inside of real-life scaled Assist Trophy-like Jar.
On the Trophy, there is Emblem of Smash Logo appearing on middle of Trophy.
And also on bottom of Trophy it says:
"CONGRATULATION TO [NAME]!
The winner of Smash Infinite World Tournament.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
A handpainted portrait of the winner with the character they won the tourney with, handrawn by professional artists and kept in a embroidered frame with the smash logo

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 150

A Golden Cartridge and Game Case for Infinite, that would be framed

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Tournament Prize: Golden Amiibo

Like the Golden Splatoon prize amiibo, the winner will get a golden version of any currently available smash amiibo of their choosing.

I'm sure amiibo fans everywhere will appreciate another unattainable figure :4pacman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom