• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Gonna do a breakdown of the series we have to pick from quick since I just got home from work
  • Metal Gear Solid - There's some good picks here. I'm not super familiar with the series but I know I've seen a few good suggestions that would make sense for Smash.
  • Sonic the Hedgehog - Lots of good picks here. Could go Eggman or Tails for sure. Maaaaaaybe you could find a way to get Shadow in as a unique or a semi clone, which is technically unique.
  • Pac-Man - Not sure there's a unique fighter to pick here. Ms Pac Man is better as an echo or alt and the ghosts don't feel like good choices for playable
  • Castlevania - Feels like it's Alucard here. Not a terrible option. Feel like we've explored the series pretty well in Ultimate though so it might be more interesting to go in a different direction.
  • Persona - There's some options here given 3 and 4 got pretty popular. Could also add another character from 5 like Akechi or someone. Not sure any of these characters are or should be super high priority right now though.
  • Dragon Quest - I suppose there's potential here. Other Heros, slime, or Heroines could work. None of those really feel like needs though I guess? I'd rather explore other options
  • Banjo-Kazooie - Gruntilda I guess would be the option here? Don't really feel like I need it.
  • Fatal Fury - Am not familiar with this series at all so I don't have anything to offer up. It feels like there's some picks from both Fatal Fury and King of Fighters that have gotten a bit more popular since Terry's inclusion though and depending on the case for them I could see it.
  • Minecraft - Don't think there's any viable options here
  • Tekken - Think this is a top contender. Obviously there's Heihechi. There's also Yoshimitsu who felt like a somewhat solid choice, and is also just very cool.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions are OPEN!

Please remember the following criteria:
  • Character must be an unique newcomer from one of the following series:
    • Metal Gear Solid
    • Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Pac-Man
    • Castlevania
    • Persona
    • Dragon Quest
    • Banjo-Kazooie
    • Fatal Fury
    • Minecraft
    • Tekken
  • This character will deconfirm another launch newcomer from that franchise/company
    • Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania: Konami
    • Pac-Man and Tekken: Namco
    • Sonic: Sega
    • Persona: Sega and Atlus
    • Dragon Quest: Square-Enix
    • Banjo-Kazooie: Microsoft and Rare
    • Fatal Fury: SNK
    • Minecraft: Microsoft and Mojang
  • We will be doing 3rd Party Echoes at a later date. These won't be affected by the above rule. If you feel your submission fits more as an Echo, please hold onto it for later.
  • Mega Man, Street Fighter, Bayonetta, and Final Fantasy is ineligible. Shin Megami Tensei, King of Fighters/Art of Fighting/Samurai Showdown, and Namco Arcade content as well as another other series thats connected to one of those mentioned above in eligible series are ineligible.
  • Smash Dungeon enemies deconfirm fighters.
  • Here is a list of deconfirmed fighters:
    • Raiden (Metal Gear Solid) (Mii Costume)
    • Big the Cat (Sonic) (Assist)
    • Moto Bug (Smash Dungeon)
    • Buzz Bomber (Sonic) (Smash Dungeon)
    • Death Egg Robot (Sonic) *doesnt deconfirm Dr. Eggman (Boss)
    • Jack Frost (Persona) (Smash Dungeon enemy)
    • Futaba Sakura (Persona) (Assist)
    • Pixie (Persona) (Smash Dungeon)
    • Slime (Dragon Quest) (Smash Dungeon enemy)
    • Dragonlord (Dragon Quest) (Assist)
    • Mumbo-Jungo (Banjo) (Assist)
    • Buzz-Bomb (Banjo) (Smash Dungeon)
    • Rugal Bernstein (Fatal Fury) (Boss)
    • Kula Diamond (Technically King of Fighters so it doesnt even apply but oh well) (Assist)
    • Creeper (MInecraft) (Costume, Assist, Smash Dungeon)
    • Witch (Minecraft) (Smash Dungeon)
    • Ender Dragon (Minecraft) (Boss)
    • Mokujin and Testujin (Tekken) (Smash Dungeon)
  • There is a decent chance a future prompt may include an unrepresented franchise from one of the companies that's on the above list so please keep that in mind when submitting and voting.
When submitting content, please provide the...
  • Character Artwork
  • Series and Company of Origins
  • Why this character should be included not only in Smash but featured as our closing E3 20XX reveal.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My submission:

Miles "Tails the Fox" Prower (Sonic)
An absolute no-brainer pick, how this little kit hasn't joined the ranks of Smash yet is dumbfounding. He is one of the essential gaming sidekicks and gaming characters as a whole. There are many ways you can go around his moveset - being fast and a good air fighter are both a must though. He'd likely have a lot of projectiles - arm cannons, bombs, mini robots, tornados, so on, or he could just rely on his trusty two tails. Hell, we could even give him some musical instruments to represent his starring role on the Pico!

Tails makes perfect sense as a closing E3 reveal given his status as, as I said earlier, an essential gaming hero. While not many people are crying and begging to see Tails in Smash, the general public (most of E3's viewerbase) will instantly know who this is. Given Sonic is popular IP with younger audiences and Tails is a young character he would be a great way to appeal to the kid fans who may not be interested in Officer Howard.

Tails has got a bit of hype surrounding him due to his upcoming role in the second Sonic movie, so he'll likely be at least a little topical in Infinite's time. Tails also debuted (in a playable form) in Sonic 2, arguably the most beloved Sonic game ever made.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Valorie

(& Hex/Adrienne/Hal, but Valorie would be the default)

Minecraft (Microsoft)

These 4 are the Boxart characters for Minecraft Dungeons. A Minecraft Dungeons character would be different in several different ways, First off is the animation style, The animations in Minecraft dungeons are more fluid and are different from Minecraft proper. The Weaponry seen in Minecraft dungeons is also completely different ranging from Two handed daggers to pole arms to Hammers.

Their gameplay could also had some new flair, they could have a moveset centered around upgrading weapons and armor, adding effects to both and could bring in the dungeon crawling aspect from the game. Hell they could even forgo the gimmicks and have a more traditional moveset to contrast steves.

Valorie's alts after the other 3 could each be one of the characters from Minecraft dungeons

Ending on a Minecraft character would be fun and shocking, and would also add our first Dungeon Crawler rep.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Character Submission: Alucard from Castlevania

Well I'll write up something for my boy Alucard Tepes.

Physical attractiveness aside, he's probably a great third party character to represent a second side to his franchise. Simon and Richter originate from what has been dubbed "Classicvania", low mobility action-adventures platformers that require precise timing and are brutally difficult. While Alucard makes his debut in Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, he and his design are most notable for his appearance in Symphony of the Night, a game that alongside Super Metroid pioneered the way for the Metroidvania genre, platformers that focus on map exploration with RPG elements.

So it's obvious that his properties would be a lot faster than the Belmonts and I think he could afford to be more of a rushdown characters to contrast with the Belmonts. He'd be a swordfighter with close-quarters magic attacks.

Castlevania is a really awesome franchise and it has a Netflix series that really encapsulates the exaggerated swagger of a half-human vampire so please consider your vote.
The Dhampir prince, what more can I say? I already said my peace about him in my earlier but if there's more to say, I already submitted a SotN themed stage earlier, the Clock Tower. The series already has a plethora of content in Smash so consider this a mostly fighter-based submission. However, Castlevania is a great series that may have lost steam over the years but has recently picked up some interest due to Smash and Netflix.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Yoshimitsu (Tekken):
1625627797238.png

A mainstay character of the Tekken and Soul Calibur games, Yoshimitsu is a very unique kind of character. He uses an unusual set of martial arts, swordplay, and unusual stances to fight. Said to be a "space ninja", Yoshimitsu has a very unique aesthetic that has become more and more unique with each interpretation, until we reach Tekken 7, where he looks like a human-octopus hybrid. Yoshimitsu should be revealed at E3 20XX because he's a character that seems to grab a whole slew of audiences: the people who like fighting games, people who like swordfighters, people who like weird characters, so many people would find this really hype mainly because Yoshimitsu's kit and aesthetics come together in such a weird way it would be amazing.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Name; Geese Howard
Series/Company: Fatal Fury/SNK
Why to Include: Geese is a iconic character within the fighting game community and one of the more famous fighting games baddies during the fighting game 16-bit era. His importance is enough to land him a coveted guest DLC spot for Tekken 7. Bringing Geese would close so many crossover gaps between not only him and his rival, Terry, but also with Ryu and Ken and Kazuya. Geese also has tons of moves to boot which would be interesting to see be formatted into Smash. He plays very differently from Terry in his home games and this would be very much the same as in Smash. Unlike Hat Ken, Throwing Ken would utilize various throws, grapples, and counters to play a more powerful yet defensive gameplay style.

We also have yet to include a third party launch boss and perhaps this could be the one we choose! Also, adding SNK seems like a safe bet as we wouldn't kill off Namco, Sega, or Microsoft reps. However, his demand and appeal for Smash is pretty low considering and people tend to want Iori, Naokoruru, or a Metal Slug character instead. Still, one can deny his importance and popularity when he was revealed for Tekken 7.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Character Submission: Dracula's Castle (Castlevania)
1625628495905.png

Dracula's Castle is very iconic, so I think we should add it as a playable fighter (stage cameos don't disconfirm, so Dracula's Castle appearing on the Dracula's Castle stage shouldn't harm it's chances). It would obviously need to be scaled down a bit, but it could fight via summoning the many monsters that roam it's halls. various appearances of the castle from across the series could be it's alts.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
View attachment 321905
Dracula's Castle is very iconic, so I think we should add it as a playable fighter (stage cameos don't disconfirm, so Dracula's Castle appearing on the Dracula's Castle stage shouldn't harm it's chances). It would obviously need to be scaled down a bit, but it could fight via summoning the many monsters that roam it's halls. various appearances of the castle from across the series could be it's alts.
Peridot please... you can't just blatantly steal my Alucard votes.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 321905
This but unironically.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
This is my most detailed character profile for smash, I'm trying my best to have one of my ideas into this game so I'm VERY driven.

Eggman_robotnik.png

Eggman Gets Hardboiled

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)

Dr Eggman, or Robotnik if you prefer is the main antagonist of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. His goal is to convert whatever he fancies too (wisps, animals, etc) into robotic creations to conquer the world, he has recently been quite popular as a smash candidate due to the addition to the likes of Sepiroth among other iconic villains. With an extremely prolific list of appearances for a potential moveset and smash appearance

HOW WOULD HE WORK
Eggman would drive his iconic egg walker originating from Sonic Adveture 2, his first playable appearance in a video game:
Officialeggman.png

Being the mad scientist he is Eggman would naturally be a heavy weight but with a technical edge, think of a more extreme version of R.O.B., Eggman would use all of his iconic artelirly, missiles, bombs, wisps, you name it, all references to his past appearances, mainly the Adveture games, Colors, and Sonic 2006. His moveset will just as be effective in a reference making machine as well as a powerful militaristic moveset.

But wait there's more
As one of the most prolific video game villains he would have many incarnations, these would be great uses for alternate costumes including but not limited too

150px-Eggrobo.png

Eggrobo, his robotic likeness, his main footsoilders and loyal minions.
SM_PC_DIGITAL_MANUAL_UK_KING.png

Heavy King his robotic counterpart, a popular character in his own right and would be a good reference.

Gerald_Robotnik_Sonic_X.jpg

And late Gerald his uncle and his catalyst for his methodology and goals.

Why should he be in smash
As one of if not THE most iconic third party villains, Eggman would bring a great opportunity for possible movesets, with a prolific fanbase wanting him for smash I dont see why we shouldn't add him to smash. And if he is in smash we will finnaly have the ideal villain roster of Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, Mewtwo, Sephiroth, Wolf, and the others not mentioned.

SEE IF YOU CAN GET THOUGH THIS ONE

HAHA

SNOOPING AS USUAL I SEE
(PS I think he would make a quite epic shot for the theorieticla trailer, just saying, imagine what potential shots and scenes this choosing could have for said trialer, think of this when voting)

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Officer Howard Alt: ARI Medical Gear (Mint)
Since we already have a male and female alt, this would simply be a recolor to match this alternative armor set, with white and teal highlights across the armor. Either Gender would work but I guess I'll go with it being for the female Howard. I've never played Astral Chain so hopefully this is relevant.
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 11.02.08 PM.png

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My NEW submission:
Pac-Man 2!

I'll just attach my Pac-Man 2 support thread here​
Filthy cheaters CAN'T skateboard

Neckless marsupials CAN'T hang-glide

Grumpy old lawyers CAN'T whistle

Fowl-mouthed trigger-happy rats CAN'T become superheroes

Splinter-inducing puppets CAN'T think for themselves

PAC-MAN CAN... and he's already in this game.... huh.

Well, there's a Mario and a Dr. Mario, a Link and a Toon Link, a Marth and an insert your least favourite FE rep here, so why not a Pac-Man and a Pac-Man 2?

looky them shiny metal cartoon eyelids

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures, released in Japan as "Hello! Pac-Man", is one of the more popular non-maze games in the Pac-Man dynasty - the player is tasked with guiding Pac-Man through daily life, helping him overcome tasks as basic and milking a cow and as complex as fighting a monster made of pre-chewed gum. It's a bizarre game with some charming cartoon animations and a variety of different scenarios. The game's marketing materials referred to it as an "interactive cartoon" but a more accurate title would perhaps be a real time point and click as you interact with background elements to influence Pac-Man

So wait... where does Smash come into this?
Pac-Man 2's Pac-Man, who I will refer to as simply Pac-Man 2, is a completely unique character in his own regards. Outside of a few animations for things like knockback there wouldn't be much shared between Pac-Man 2 and the original arcade Pac - wheras Pac-Man is a loving if snarky family man, Pac-Man 2 suffers from ridiculous mood swings and dare I say is a bit of a narcissist. This emotion mechanic could lend itself well to Smash - for example, you could do a more elaborate version of Sephiroth's wing mechanic by having Pac-Man 2's emotions change depending on his status in battle - going from angry (very slow and very powerful) when in disadvantage to sad (slow and powerful) to neutral (all-rounder) to hyperactive (fast and weak) to smug (very fast and very weak) when he has a leg up.

What moveset could Pac-Man 2 provide?
Pac-Man 2 (the game) was promoted as an "interactive cartoon" and as such Pac-Man 2 finds himself in a lot of strange situations - he'd be very similar to Villager or Mr. Game and Watch in a sense, just with a slapstick twist. Slipping off a skateboard, walking into a rake, hang gliding while screaming his eyes out, getting chased by a big dog, so on. Doesn't really have to be from the game either, any mundane-but-comical-hijinx could probably work. Additionally, Pac-Man 2 has a Super Pac-Man form, which could also be incorporated into his moveset somehow.

Isn't Pac-Man 2 too aesthetically similar to Pac-Man?
Not really - if anything he's more distant from Pac-Man than Pac-Man's actual alts are with his smooth eyebrows, visible sclera, Converse(?) shoes, realistic textures, and brown gloves. Further efforts could be taken to make him more distinguishable - for example giving him fully blue shoes to match his socks, or even having him be rendered with 16 bit graphics - there's probably enough sprites here to make most of his Smash animations!
Now, why should Pac-Man 2 be an E3 reveal? Well, really the absurdity of the character. It would be even more unexpected than the Piranha Plant - so imagine that widescale reaction on a full E3 scale, where even non-Smash-fans will be watching. Regardless of whether you know about Pac-Man 2 or not, the character and comedy of PM2 (as well as him being a second version of an existing fighter) will be enough to get you talking and create a bit of buzz. Contrasting the very very anime Howard against the very very cartoon Pac-Man 2 would also be rather funny and a good way to appeal to both extremes. If Palutena is E3 worthy, anyone is.

Note that should Pac-Man 2 be added, we'd have to change the normal Pac-Man's back taunt and give the old one to Pac-Man 2.

Thank you PeridotGX PeridotGX for reminding me I made this thread.​

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
A redo of some old spirits (from Ultimate and the ones I submitted way back at the beginning)

Kyle (Astral Chain)
Category: Primary
Type: Neutral
Class: Advanced ★★
Ability: Unflinching Charged Smashes
  • Puppet Fighter: Mii Swordfighter (Kyle Head + Outfit) 2213, Sheik Team (3)
  • Stage: Arena Ferox
  • Music Track: The Holy Order of the Digital Hermit
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions
    • Electric Floor
    • Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd
    • The enemy has increased attack power when the enemy's at high damage
    • Items: Exploding Types
Olive Espinosa (Astral Chain)
Type: Attack
Ability: Shooting Items Up
  • Puppet Fighter: Stylist
  • Stage: Mario Bros.
  • Music Track: Zone 09: Night (Combat Phase)
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions
    • Enemy starts the battle with a Ray Gun
    • Invisibility (Stylist)
Brenda Moreno (Astral Chain)
Type: Defense
Ability: Stamina ↑

References (not as long since the battles are mostly the same):

Kyle: There's a Mii costume now, so he gets that moveset, plus electric floor for his electric attack, Arena Ferox for that Hermit arena looking place over New Pork.
Olive: Stylist fits better than ZSamus for her, Mario Bros. for Ark Sewer Management stage, Invisibility for the stealth mission of Ark Sewer Management
Brenda: Wii Fit fits better than Stylist for her, Dr. Mario for the infirmary, Healing over time because she's the doctor

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job #137:
dd6aqbj-58a15875-ca44-4caa-a3ad-255533ba7ba3.gif
Soma Cruz
ezgif-6-2d7cdbe5475b.gif

Soma_HD.png
Soma Who?
That's right, Soma Cruz from the critically acclaimed Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow, from the GBA and DS respectively, joins the fight!
In his first game, Aria of Sorrow, Soma is a Japanese high school student that finds himself in the castle of Dracula, a pretty big deal of a character if you weren't aware already. It is there where he discovers his "power of dominance," which is his ability to claim the souls and abilities of the monsters he defeats as his own. As that game progresses, Soma learns of Dracula's demise, and that he is his reincarnation, and destined to become Dracula again. Which is referenced through his Spirit in Ultimate, as it enhances to Dracula. The only reason he did not become the next dark lord immediately was because of the efforts of Alucard, using his alter-ego Genya Arikado.

Soma Why?
Well, with Richter and Simon in Smash, Castlevania has been repped properly right? Ehh, not really no. Both Simon and Richter rep the classic platformers of the Castlevania series, yet there's an even huger side to this series in the form of the countless of Metroidvania (damn! its even in the name!) games. Ever since Symphony of the Night, Castlevania has been focused on this genre.
Soma would undoubtedly rep this side of the Castlevania series. Now why am I not going for the more popular Alucard? Well not only has he already been submitted (Thanks Addy), but I've got my own legit reasons for Soma as well.
  • Soma would have a more interesting moveset: As I've said previously, he holds the Power of Dominance, which means that he gains the power of the enemy he slays. We could incorporate this trait something more akin to Kirby's gimmick, where he gains the Soul of characters he took a stock from and he would gain a move inspired by said character, or he could just use moves from the Souls he collected from his own games as specific Specials. There's a lot of freedom in terms of moveset design, and we can go crazy with him.
  • Soma could maybe technically count as a Villain (but not really): Yeah, this dude is basically Dracula (but not really). We can reference this in taunts, his Palutena Guidance, Snake Codec, or heck, even his Final Smash. Having Belmonts and a Dracula both be in Smash would best rep the series. But the fact of the matter is that having a reincarnated Dracula in Smash is awesome, and being able to fight Dracula as Soma would be hilarious.
  • Fun Fact, the GBA Castlevania games are going to get rereleased soon: Let's cash in on that relevancy, Soma Cruz is definitely the face of the GBA/DS era of Castlevania and he would be the best character to rep it. Also source. Soma comes from a Nintendo game, unlike Alucard, which could maybe make or break the latter's inclusion for some people. (I don't really care though)
  • He's an unexpected choice: Everyone in the speculation scene would be so fixated on Alucard being the most possible and likely candidate for our next Castlevania representative. But well, it's time to throw the Smash fandom for a loop.
Soma Bye!
I hope you liked reading my little submission post about my son. Soma has exaggerated swagger and I thank you for reading.

I also kinda hope more Sonic reps will get submitted, having this prompt get dominated by only Eggman would be a bit boring. C'mon, give Sonic the variety it deserves!

597488177439047713.png

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
"This completes my plan to take over the world. Now begins the glorious era of the Eggman Empire!"

DOCTOR IVO "EGGMAN" ROBOTNIK
First appearance: Sonic The Hedgehog (1991)
Latest appearance: Team Sonic Racing (2019)

In the early landscape of home console gaming, the main antagonist would generally hide in the final world or castle or dungeon until you fought them. Until then, it was always just fakes or underlings.
Not Eggman, though.
In Sonic The Hedgehog on Sega Genesis, one of the many revolutionary things done is having the main antagonist fight you at the end of every world, AKA zone. Himself. No tricks or anything like that. Dr. Eggman feels so much hate towards Sonic that he will not allow any one of his badniks to off the hedgehog. Rivals to the bitter end, in a literal sense, they are. Complete moral and thematic opposites, too. You have Sonic-the free spirited hedgehog who loves and protects nature, and values friendship very highly. Then you have Eggman: cold hearted, unforgiving, grudging, mechanical, doesn't have friends (that are organic at least), human, hates nature and abuses it for his gain, and wishes to steamroll anyone in his path to get what he wants. Which is usually to kill Sonic (which he never does), or to expand the Eggman Empire to the far corners of the world (which he did like once over the course of six months, and once Sonic got out of captivity then he took it back in like a day).

Eggman, a genius with an IQ of 300, is known for hundreds, if not thousands, of mechanical miracles (if you could call them that). From his trademark vehicle, the Eggmobile to his space station, the Death Egg, to the many aircrafts he's made such as the Egg Carrier 1&2, the Egg Fleet, the Egg Hawk and Albatross, and the Egg Dragoon. Robots, too, which he commands to do harm to Sonic and everyone he cares for-Motobugs, Buzz Bombers, Grounders, Egg Pawns, E-102 Gamma, E-123 Omega, Heavy and Bomb, G-merl (the last five of which all rebelled against him), and how could we forget the many robotic copies of Sonic and his friends? Metal Sonic, Silver Sonic, Silver Sonic 2, Mecha Sonic, Tails Doll, Metal Knuckles, the Shadow Androids-and the mechanical genius doesn't stop there. Dr. Eggman also creates tons of add-ons for his Eggmobile such as the famous ball-and-chain, and he even uses it to pilot his many mechs like the aforementioned Egg Dragoon.

But he's no one-note, heartless, emotionless killing machine who makes machines. Eggman has been shown to help out Sonic and his friends on numerous occasions. When Perfect Chaos tried to destroy all of Station Square, Eggman used his Egg Carrier 2 to attempt to defeat the beast (Sonic Adventure 1). When G-emrl rebelled against Eggman and tried to take over the world using the power of the Master Emerald, Eggman mounted the Eggmobile and volunteered to be used as a projectile attack by Super Sonic to stop the Gizoid from succeeding in his plans (Advance 3). Most recently, when the Zeti were all trying to kill Sonic, Tails and Eggman, as well as suck the life out of their world with one of the doctor's machines, he teamed up with the furry duo to beat the ever living snot out of the monsters he had once tamed. Eggman is also said to be an avid feminist-which may have something to do with his late cousin, Maria Robotnik, who I'll cover in more detail when we get to Shadow (don't worry, I will submit him eventually if Eggman loses). And in the comics, there was a whole side story where, after the events of Forces, he had a terrible case of amnesia and became the talented Mr. Tinker, who lived in a friendly village, repairing and building toys for children, fixing table legs, and all around just being a nice guy. And even after regaining his memory, when questioned by Sonic why he went back to his evil ways, Eggman did express some past enjoyment of living a relaxing and humble life-before insisting he will always be vile, no matter what. He just likes to take breaks from the terror every now and then.

Listen, I know that's a lot of analyzing for a character, but it is essential to understanding Eggman as a character. But if you really need a TL;DR, Dr Eggman is a really smart mechanic who hates all of nature, and especially Sonic, but he'll offer to help save the world every now and then if it's looking grim for him. Don't let that fool you though-Eggman is an antagonist, through and through.

Speaking of which, yeah-Eggman isn't just an antagonist. Apart from Bowser, and maybe Sephiroth, he is THE gaming protagonist. Those two villains I just mentioned-along with other like Ganondorf, Ridley, King K. Rool, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Wolf, Bowser Jr., (maybe) Kazuya, Medusa, DJ Octavio-are all fighters in Super Smash BRos Infinite. I need to stress, this is a VERY impressive cast of villains. But there's just one issue:
Where's Eggman?
Why isn't the most iconic non-Nintendo villain unrepresented by a fighter slot in Super Smash Brothers Infinite?
This, along with many other reasons, is why Dr. Eggman should finally become a Smash Brother with this job. So many that I can't successfully weave them all together in paragraphs. Let's take this in a more bullet-point structure (without actually using bullet points).

Dr Eggman would give the Sonic series another fighter
Sonic The Hedgehog is one of the most beloved video game series ever made, leading to Sonic's inclusion in Super Smash Bros Brawl and every subsequent game. Ever since Sonic's announcement for Brawl, fans began requesting chraacters like Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, Amy, there were like seven people who asked for Silverincluding me-and of course, seemingly the most requested Sonic character, Eggman. Eggman would probably be the most unique potential Sonic newcomer given his human nature as well as tendency to use machines and robots to his benefits. The Sonic franchise is huge, and after four games of the sole rep being its namesake, I think adding the second most important character in the entire canon would do it much justice.

Dr Eggman is the most important gaming villain to not be featured in Smash
Already went over this above, so I'm not doing it again. But I do feel the need to stress, our villains roster is unfulfilled without Eggman.

The Sonic series could REALLY use another stage
Currently, there are two Sonic stages-Green Hill and Windy Hill. Both fun to play in their own right, but very, VERY similar in terms of art direction. Adding Eggman would let us add another Sonic stage for some diversity in that roster. There are a ton of possible choices. We could add an Eggman centric stage like Eggmanland, Death Egg, Egg Fleet, Egg Carrier, or Tropical Resort. We could also add a non-Eggman-centric stage, like Chemical Plant, Ice Cap, City Escape, Angel Island, Emerald Coast, Crisis City, Press Garden, Studiopolis, and many, MANY others. The cool thing about Green HIll Zone already being a stage is that virtually any Sonic stage can come next, so there's pretty much no clear winner for which might win a submission period..

Moveset potential is CRAZY
...so crazy, in fact, that multiple movesets could be submitted and Eggman would play completely differently with each one. You've got the Eggmobile. The Egg Walker. The badniks, collective name of the robots he uses to do his bidding. Egg Dragoon. The many weapons from his iconic classic boss fights. Egg Wyvern. Egg Emperor. Eggman could even perform a melee slap attack in Sonic Adventure 2's Chao Garden! All of this is to say, Eggman has the potential to be a really unique and fun fighter. He could be a midweight trap-based zoner who walks on foot and uses his many badniks for the advantage; he could be a super heavyweight Eggmobile-piloting aeiral based fighter; he could be a super heavyweight Egg Walker-piloting projectile zoner with a few good up-close options; or heck, he could even switch between mechs like Pokemon Trainer switches between Pokemon!

With all that out of the way, onto the FAQ! For such a potentially controversial addition like Eggman, I feel it is much warranted.

Why Eggman? Why not Tails/Knuckles/Amy/Metal Sonic/Shadow/Blaze/Silver/Middle-Aged Man from Sonic 06/etc?
I won't try to downplay the significance of other popular Sonic requests, not a bit. They're all warranted in their own right. My most wanted character for Ultimate was the Ultimate Life Form himself, before his tragic disconfirmation. But Eggman is the second most important Sonic character as well as being one of the most important villains in gaming-I know I sound like a broken record at this point, lol. Eggman has consistently stayed an important character throughout the entirety of the series, even though characters like Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Shadow have been delegated to minor side roles in the most recent era of the franchise-the 'Modern Era' that is 06 onward. Anyways yeah, as much as I love those characters, I feel Eggman's inclusion would be warranted over those.

But if Eggman wins, I can't submit Arle/Axel/Ristar/Beat/etc!
Again, gotta stress, I love those characters too-and plenty of other Sega characters not listed. But Sonic has been in every game since Brawl, and with dedication like that, a second newcomer is much deserved. Not just that, but with the Sonic movie and its sequel, Origins, and Colors Ultimate, Sonic is very fresh in the mind of the public during Infinite's reveal. There's no better way to capitalize on Sonic's newly regained popularity than adding another fighter from the series into Smash Bros! Plus, I'm sure we'll get a second Sega character somewhere down the line as DLC.

Why a Sonic character, of all the third parties?
For all the reasons mentioned above. Also, I understand that some people may think Sonic is properly represented already with the titular main character-and three years ago, I would have agreed with you. But now that Castlevania and Resident Evil have gotten secondary reps as echoes, and Final Fantasy had a secondary rep in the form of an antagonist who was a completely original character, I highly disagree with the notion that the spiny blue guy is enough. The Sonic series is HUUUGE, and it's got a wealth of characters who could be perfect for Smash.

He would be too similar to Bowser Jr. or DJ Octavio!
Not in the slightest. There's nothing wrong with having the egghead piloting a mech along with two other heavyweights. Eggman has more than enough weapons and robots to call his own to set himself apart from those two. But, if it becomes too large of an issue among the thread, we can simply have him not use the Eggmobile, and instead have him pilot the Egg Walker or Dragoon, or even have him fight on foot.

Doesn't Sonic already have enough content in Infinite?
Nah. There's still a ton of stuff we could add, especially in the musical department, as well as a new stage being pretty much necessary at this point.

What about recolors or alts?
For alts, an obvious one would be based on his appearance in the classic Sonic games, to contrast with the modern one that Infinite would use by default. Recolors could reference characters like Metal Sonic, Eggman Nega, Gerald Robotnik, among others.

I thought you said you would save submitting a Sonic rep for DLC!
Sorry. Couldn't help myself!

FINAL ARGUMENTS FOR MR SCRAMBLED EGGS HIMSELF
1. Sonic is an extremely popular IP which is very deserving of another fighter and has recently grown in relevancy thanks to the movie and 30th anniversary
2. Dr. Eggman would fix the gaping hole in Infinite's impressive yet unfulfilled roster of villains
3. Dr. Eggman is a fan favorite Sonic character and the second most important of the franchise, being around just as long as the little blue ******* himself.
4. Dr. Eggman was one of the most requested fighters during Ultimate's DLC phase
5. He has a vast amount of moveset potential and has the possibility of being our most unique fighter to date.
6. Sonic music
7. Sonic music
8. Sonic music

If you've read this far, thank you very much for your time! Speaking of time...it's time for the Eggman Empire to expand into the realm of Smash. Vote Eggman for Super Smash Bros Infinite today!​

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
"This completes my plan to take over the world. Now begins the glorious era of the Eggman Empire!"

DOCTOR IVO "EGGMAN" ROBOTNIK
First appearance: Sonic The Hedgehog (1991)
Latest appearance: Team Sonic Racing (2019)

In the early landscape of home console gaming, the main antagonist would generally hide in the final world or castle or dungeon until you fought them. Until then, it was always just fakes or underlings.
Not Eggman, though.
In Sonic The Hedgehog on Sega Genesis, one of the many revolutionary things done is having the main antagonist fight you at the end of every world, AKA zone. Himself. No tricks or anything like that. Dr. Eggman feels so much hate towards Sonic that he will not allow any one of his badniks to off the hedgehog. Rivals to the bitter end, in a literal sense, they are. Complete moral and thematic opposites, too. You have Sonic-the free spirited hedgehog who loves and protects nature, and values friendship very highly. Then you have Eggman: cold hearted, unforgiving, grudging, mechanical, doesn't have friends (that are organic at least), human, hates nature and abuses it for his gain, and wishes to steamroll anyone in his path to get what he wants. Which is usually to kill Sonic (which he never does), or to expand the Eggman Empire to the far corners of the world (which he did like once over the course of six months, and once Sonic got out of captivity then he took it back in like a day).

Eggman, a genius with an IQ of 300, is known for hundreds, if not thousands, of mechanical miracles (if you could call them that). From his trademark vehicle, the Eggmobile to his space station, the Death Egg, to the many aircrafts he's made such as the Egg Carrier 1&2, the Egg Fleet, the Egg Hawk and Albatross, and the Egg Dragoon. Robots, too, which he commands to do harm to Sonic and everyone he cares for-Motobugs, Buzz Bombers, Grounders, Egg Pawns, E-102 Gamma, E-123 Omega, Heavy and Bomb, G-merl (the last five of which all rebelled against him), and how could we forget the many robotic copies of Sonic and his friends? Metal Sonic, Silver Sonic, Silver Sonic 2, Mecha Sonic, Tails Doll, Metal Knuckles, the Shadow Androids-and the mechanical genius doesn't stop there. Dr. Eggman also creates tons of add-ons for his Eggmobile such as the famous ball-and-chain, and he even uses it to pilot his many mechs like the aforementioned Egg Dragoon.

But he's no one-note, heartless, emotionless killing machine who makes machines. Eggman has been shown to help out Sonic and his friends on numerous occasions. When Perfect Chaos tried to destroy all of Station Square, Eggman used his Egg Carrier 2 to attempt to defeat the beast (Sonic Adventure 1). When G-emrl rebelled against Eggman and tried to take over the world using the power of the Master Emerald, Eggman mounted the Eggmobile and volunteered to be used as a projectile attack by Super Sonic to stop the Gizoid from succeeding in his plans (Advance 3). Most recently, when the Zeti were all trying to kill Sonic, Tails and Eggman, as well as suck the life out of their world with one of the doctor's machines, he teamed up with the furry duo to beat the ever living snot out of the monsters he had once tamed. Eggman is also said to be an avid feminist-which may have something to do with his late cousin, Maria Robotnik, who I'll cover in more detail when we get to Shadow (don't worry, I will submit him eventually if Eggman loses). And in the comics, there was a whole side story where, after the events of Forces, he had a terrible case of amnesia and became the talented Mr. Tinker, who lived in a friendly village, repairing and building toys for children, fixing table legs, and all around just being a nice guy. And even after regaining his memory, when questioned by Sonic why he went back to his evil ways, Eggman did express some past enjoyment of living a relaxing and humble life-before insisting he will always be vile, no matter what. He just likes to take breaks from the terror every now and then.

Listen, I know that's a lot of analyzing for a character, but it is essential to understanding Eggman as a character. But if you really need a TL;DR, Dr Eggman is a really smart mechanic who hates all of nature, and especially Sonic, but he'll offer to help save the world every now and then if it's looking grim for him. Don't let that fool you though-Eggman is an antagonist, through and through.

Speaking of which, yeah-Eggman isn't just an antagonist. Apart from Bowser, and maybe Sephiroth, he is THE gaming protagonist. Those two villains I just mentioned-along with other like Ganondorf, Ridley, King K. Rool, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Wolf, Bowser Jr., (maybe) Kazuya, Medusa, DJ Octavio-are all fighters in Super Smash BRos Infinite. I need to stress, this is a VERY impressive cast of villains. But there's just one issue:
Where's Eggman?
Why isn't the most iconic non-Nintendo villain unrepresented by a fighter slot in Super Smash Brothers Infinite?
This, along with many other reasons, is why Dr. Eggman should finally become a Smash Brother with this job. So many that I can't successfully weave them all together in paragraphs. Let's take this in a more bullet-point structure (without actually using bullet points).

Dr Eggman would give the Sonic series another fighter
Sonic The Hedgehog is one of the most beloved video game series ever made, leading to Sonic's inclusion in Super Smash Bros Brawl and every subsequent game. Ever since Sonic's announcement for Brawl, fans began requesting chraacters like Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, Amy, there were like seven people who asked for Silverincluding me-and of course, seemingly the most requested Sonic character, Eggman. Eggman would probably be the most unique potential Sonic newcomer given his human nature as well as tendency to use machines and robots to his benefits. The Sonic franchise is huge, and after four games of the sole rep being its namesake, I think adding the second most important character in the entire canon would do it much justice.

Dr Eggman is the most important gaming villain to not be featured in Smash
Already went over this above, so I'm not doing it again. But I do feel the need to stress, our villains roster is unfulfilled without Eggman.

The Sonic series could REALLY use another stage
Currently, there are two Sonic stages-Green Hill and Windy Hill. Both fun to play in their own right, but very, VERY similar in terms of art direction. Adding Eggman would let us add another Sonic stage for some diversity in that roster. There are a ton of possible choices. We could add an Eggman centric stage like Eggmanland, Death Egg, Egg Fleet, Egg Carrier, or Tropical Resort. We could also add a non-Eggman-centric stage, like Chemical Plant, Ice Cap, City Escape, Angel Island, Emerald Coast, Crisis City, Press Garden, Studiopolis, and many, MANY others. The cool thing about Green HIll Zone already being a stage is that virtually any Sonic stage can come next, so there's pretty much no clear winner for which might win a submission period..

Moveset potential is CRAZY
...so crazy, in fact, that multiple movesets could be submitted and Eggman would play completely differently with each one. You've got the Eggmobile. The Egg Walker. The badniks, collective name of the robots he uses to do his bidding. Egg Dragoon. The many weapons from his iconic classic boss fights. Egg Wyvern. Egg Emperor. Eggman could even perform a melee slap attack in Sonic Adventure 2's Chao Garden! All of this is to say, Eggman has the potential to be a really unique and fun fighter. He could be a midweight trap-based zoner who walks on foot and uses his many badniks for the advantage; he could be a super heavyweight Eggmobile-piloting aeiral based fighter; he could be a super heavyweight Egg Walker-piloting projectile zoner with a few good up-close options; or heck, he could even switch between mechs like Pokemon Trainer switches between Pokemon!

With all that out of the way, onto the FAQ! For such a potentially controversial addition like Eggman, I feel it is much warranted.

Why Eggman? Why not Tails/Knuckles/Amy/Metal Sonic/Shadow/Blaze/Silver/Middle-Aged Man from Sonic 06/etc?
I won't try to downplay the significance of other popular Sonic requests, not a bit. They're all warranted in their own right. My most wanted character for Ultimate was the Ultimate Life Form himself, before his tragic disconfirmation. But Eggman is the second most important Sonic character as well as being one of the most important villains in gaming-I know I sound like a broken record at this point, lol. Eggman has consistently stayed an important character throughout the entirety of the series, even though characters like Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Shadow have been delegated to minor side roles in the most recent era of the franchise-the 'Modern Era' that is 06 onward. Anyways yeah, as much as I love those characters, I feel Eggman's inclusion would be warranted over those.

But if Eggman wins, I can't submit Arle/Axel/Ristar/Beat/etc!
Again, gotta stress, I love those characters too-and plenty of other Sega characters not listed. But Sonic has been in every game since Brawl, and with dedication like that, a second newcomer is much deserved. Not just that, but with the Sonic movie and its sequel, Origins, and Colors Ultimate, Sonic is very fresh in the mind of the public during Infinite's reveal. There's no better way to capitalize on Sonic's newly regained popularity than adding another fighter from the series into Smash Bros! Plus, I'm sure we'll get a second Sega character somewhere down the line as DLC.

Why a Sonic character, of all the third parties?
For all the reasons mentioned above. Also, I understand that some people may think Sonic is properly represented already with the titular main character-and three years ago, I would have agreed with you. But now that Castlevania and Resident Evil have gotten secondary reps as echoes, and Final Fantasy had a secondary rep in the form of an antagonist who was a completely original character, I highly disagree with the notion that the spiny blue guy is enough. The Sonic series is HUUUGE, and it's got a wealth of characters who could be perfect for Smash.

He would be too similar to Bowser Jr. or DJ Octavio!
Not in the slightest. There's nothing wrong with having the egghead piloting a mech along with two other heavyweights. Eggman has more than enough weapons and robots to call his own to set himself apart from those two. But, if it becomes too large of an issue among the thread, we can simply have him not use the Eggmobile, and instead have him pilot the Egg Walker or Dragoon, or even have him fight on foot.

Doesn't Sonic already have enough content in Infinite?
Nah. There's still a ton of stuff we could add, especially in the musical department, as well as a new stage being pretty much necessary at this point.

What about recolors or alts?
For alts, an obvious one would be based on his appearance in the classic Sonic games, to contrast with the modern one that Infinite would use by default. Recolors could reference characters like Metal Sonic, Eggman Nega, Gerald Robotnik, among others.

I thought you said you would save submitting a Sonic rep for DLC!
Sorry. Couldn't help myself!

FINAL ARGUMENTS FOR MR SCRAMBLED EGGS HIMSELF
1. Sonic is an extremely popular IP which is very deserving of another fighter and has recently grown in relevancy thanks to the movie and 30th anniversary
2. Dr. Eggman would fix the gaping hole in Infinite's impressive yet unfulfilled roster of villains
3. Dr. Eggman is a fan favorite Sonic character and the second most important of the franchise, being around just as long as the little blue ******* himself.
4. Dr. Eggman was one of the most requested fighters during Ultimate's DLC phase
5. He has a vast amount of moveset potential and has the possibility of being our most unique fighter to date.
6. Sonic music
7. Sonic music
8. Sonic music

If you've read this far, thank you very much for your time! Speaking of time...it's time for the Eggman Empire to expand into the realm of Smash. Vote Eggman for Super Smash Bros Infinite today!​
I did the same thing but you concept is MUCH better than mine, do you want to combine the two, my main difference is that eggrobo and heavy king are alt costumes.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While we don’t have any issues with duplicate entries, we will decide on a character’s gameplay/gimmick aspect following the newcomer voting period. This allows multiple people to experiment with our winning character. That’s why submissions are more geared to why they should appear rather than what would they do; though having general information for people to work from helps.

Having duplicate entries won’t really help the character and, in the end, voids out a single unique submission if you get my meaning. Also Glubbfubb Glubbfubb we generally wait till later to decide on alts.

PeridotGX PeridotGX I love the submission and the idea seems really zany and interesting but I am going to to have to say no to Dracula’s Castle appearing as a character.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 137

Miles "Tails" Prower

Pin on Sonic & Tails

Tails is one of the most iconic sidekicks in gaming alongside Luigi and Diddy Kong. He is commonly known as the player two of the Sonic the Hedgehog series and acts as the one of the longest running and beloved characters in the series behind Sonic himself, commonly rivaling Eggman for the spot of 2nd most iconic Sonic character. He has plenty of moveset potential to be unique from Sonic as well, with many of his abilities throughout all the games providing a wealth of possibilities for him. From his first appearance in Sonic 2, he has been a mainstay in the franchise and was even the first of Sonic's friends to be chosen to make a cameo at the end of the Sonic the Hedgehog Movie, and is well known to have a significant appearance in its upcoming sequel. Even all the way back to the fake rumor about Sonic and Tails in Melee, Tails has been a large request for Smash for more than a decade. I think he would be more than fitting for a spot on the all star cast of Smash Bros.​

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
While we don’t have any issues with duplicate entries, we will decide on a character’s gameplay/gimmick aspect following the newcomer voting period. This allows multiple people to experiment with our winning character. That’s why submissions are more geared to why they should appear rather than what would they do; though having general information for people to work from helps.

Having duplicate entries won’t really help the character and, in the end, voids out a single unique submission if you get my meaning. Also Glubbfubb Glubbfubb we generally wait till later to decide on alts.

PeridotGX PeridotGX I love the submission and the idea seems really zany and interesting but I am going to to have to say no to Dracula’s Castle appearing as a character.
1625679026635.png

i don't really have anything to submit, hence why i went with a joke character. i'll keep thinking though.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 321969
i don't really have anything to submit, hence why i went with a joke character. i'll keep thinking though.
Honestly I think Venus was a really good sport about Dracula's Castle. A playable location isn't the worst idea for a joke character so it could be worth reexploring sometime. This comes to mind:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I did the same thing but you concept is MUCH better than mine, do you want to combine the two, my main difference is that eggrobo and heavy king are alt costumes.
Oh yeah, I just noticed you posted about Eggman before me lol. That's aight though, I think similar things have happened before with characters like Galacta Knight. TBH now that I think about it I would prefer an Egg Robo alt over a Classic Eggman alt.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #137: Veteran Third-Party Newcomer (Rock Howard - Fatal Fury)

Series: Fatal Fury
Company: SNK Corporation
Debut: Garou: Mark of the Wolves (1999)

Who is Rock Howard?
Rock Howard is the main protagonist of Garou: Mark of the Wolves, the (unfortunately) final installment of SNK's fighting game series Fatal Fury. He is a son of Geese Howard, who was introduced in Real Bout Fatal Fury as a young boy, who be-friended Terry Bogard after he killed his father when a latter refused his help and fell off his tower which led to his death. Terry adopted him as his son as they travel together and a former trained Rock to become a formidable fighter.

Ten years later, Second Southtown was established and a new tournament called "Maximum Mayhem" arose, which Rock decides to join to search for his purpose in life, facing its host and his uncle, Kain R. Heinlein, who orchestrated the tournament to bring him in for his aid to find out Geese's presumably valuable secrets, though Rock promised Terry that he will return as he becomes his new partner.

Why Rock Would be a Second Fatal Fury Rep over Others?
Well, you guys got a point as there's many characters who has better chances such as Geese Howard (predictably, but would love to see happen) and Mai Shiranui (good boys and girls). But, Garou: Mark of the Wolves is undoubtedly the series' most popular game and quite underrated.

Rock is unique as he's like a cross/combination of both main characters of Fatal Fury; Terry (protagonist) and Geese (antagonist) on his fighting style and his "bishonen" appearance which contrasts previous male characters from the series. He's also a fan-favorite, who made his appearances in Capcom vs. SNK, Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum and The King of Fighters XIV as a DLC character.

For his moveset, while Rock is often discussed as Terry's Echo Fighter as he shares moves like Rising Tackle, Crack Shoot (via Crack Counter), Power Dunk (via Rage Run's Type Dunk) and sort of Burning Knuckle (Hard Edge) & Buster Wolf (Shine Knuckle), he actually has moves borrowed from his biological father Geese, such as Reppuken, Shinkuu Nage, Raging Storm and Deadly Rave (especially it's Neo version as his Final Smash). Plus, the ability to "break" special moves for stronger variants (like Double Reppuken and Rage Run's Type Shift) instead of normal weak/strong variants on Ryu, Ken and Terry's moves.

Also, instead of a "GO!" comeback which wasn't in Garou, Rock will have two new gimmicks, "T.O.P." (allows Rock to glow white and perform a powerful overhead kick when at 100%) and Special (S-/P-Power) Gauges for his super special moves (with 3 meters used for Neo Raging Storm and Rising Force). For an additional thing, Rock would have three banger victory themes (Normal-Grab/Special-T.O.P./Gauge-Final Smash) depending on how he finishes an last opponent.

If you're thinking hard on this, these two movesets I shared earlier will demonstrate how both of Rock's gimmicks I mentioned would work out.

While it's clear that King of Fighters Stadium has enough material, more cameos and songs/remixes from Garou: Mark of the Wolves would be appreciated such as Tizoc, Hotaru Futaba, B. Jenet, Hokutomaru, Khushnood Butt (also known as Marco Rodriguez), Kain R. Heinlein, etc. excluding Rock's own, existing cameo in process (even though we still have Chrom in Robin's Final Smash). His spirit can be kept like Min Min, Pyra and Mythra has in Ultimate, though.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be closing submissions and then vote in the next few hours.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Admittedly, I have no idea why THIS is the character I decided to submit, but hey: you all have permission to make horny jokes now.

Veteran Third Party Newcomer: Quiet (Metal Gear)
Metal_Gear_Solid_5_Quiet.png

(Don't worry, she's censorable).

Quiet is a major character introduced in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. A mysterious woman who originally attempts to assasinate Big Boss, she ends up being captured by him and made a member of his new Diamond Dogs. Quiet is a professional sniper, being able to take down enemies from absurd distances. This would be translated by making her a long-range fighter in Smash. Up close, she would have some moves similar to Snake (as a reference to her being playable in MGS5's FOB mode), though not nearly as strong as he is.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
For such a long awaited job it's strange how little submissions there have been. I guess most people have just been seeing this job as "the Eggman job".
In my defense, I'm not particularly knowledgable on any of these franchises aside fron pointless Sonic trivia.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, we could either go the route and vote on Sonic characters/add Dr Eggman or use this opportunity to focus on another franchise knowing that, eventually, we probably will be adding Dr Eggman if the thread feels he needs to be in. Or if people feel that we should add a new Sega franchise instead of focusing on Sonic since adding Dr Eggman would void any Sega franchises at launch.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why is Bayo inellegible again? Did we add Jeanne without me noticing? or is Howard considered a Platinum rep?
Howard and Astral Chain was developed by Platinum but owned by Nintendo. In order to keep the two E3 newcomers distinct from each other, it was chosen to eliminate Bayonetta due to these connections.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
For such a long awaited job it's strange how little submissions there have been. I guess most people have just been seeing this job as "the Eggman job".
For me it's that most of the series eligible are either ones I don't know a lot about or series that feel like they don't need another character. I don't really want to try and force a write up either on someone I don't really want or think should be in the game. There are some series I want to get another rep like Tekken or Sonic but I'm not knowledgeable enough on them to write something huge on them.

Why is Bayo inellegible again? Did we add Jeanne without me noticing? or is Howard considered a Platinum rep?
Officer Howard is, yeah.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Well, we could either go the route and vote on Sonic characters/add Dr Eggman or use this opportunity to focus on another franchise knowing that, eventually, we probably will be adding Dr Eggman if the thread feels he needs to be in. Or if people feel that we should add a new Sega franchise instead of focusing on Sonic since adding Dr Eggman would void any Sega franchises at launch.
I personally think we should add another SEGA franchise before another Sonic character, but I'd be fine with another Sonic character.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
because the best option for a secondary third party rep has been shot down, here's my second choice.
Protagonist (Persona 3) | Megami Tensei Wiki | Fandom

This guy is the Protagonist of Persona 3, the first Persona game (at least, according to Atlus). He, like Joker, has the Wild Card, allowing for many potential gameplay options (Joker barely used them, but P3P could). He also has a female counterpart, so there's that.

I would imagine we do a name vote for him, like we did for Howard. There's P3P, Minato, Minako, S.E.E.S Captain, the list goes on.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #137: Zavok (Sonic the Hedgehog)
9328DDDE-1D2C-4E15-8040-4BCB3B5DB008.png

“It would be hard for you to joke with no teeth. I'll savor your every scream and feast upon your fear.”
- Zavok
Zavok is an antagonist in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. He is the leader and strongest warrior of the group known as, “The Deadly Six”. Zavok and the rest of his gang are Zeti, strong creatures native to the Lost Hex. In Sonic Lost World, Dr. Eggman enslaved the Deadly Six for his own evil purposes with the Cacophonic Conch. Luckily for the Zeti, the conch was broken between a fight with Sonic the Hedgehog. The Deadly Six took control of Eggman’s robots and planned to destroy the entire world with one of Eggman’s new machines. Sonic and Eggman were forced to team up and take down the Zeti, before they could destroy the world.

After the events of Sonic Lost World, Zavok continued to be more popular and relevant than the rest of the Deadly Six. In Sonic Forces, Zavok was one of the four Sonic villains that Infinite made fake duplicates of to defeat Sonic and all that opposed him. In Sonic Forces: Speed Battle, Zavok was one of the unlockable characters you could use in the races. In Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, Zavok was also one of the unlockable characters you could use in boxing. He also appeared in Sonic at the Olympic Games, only available in Hammer Throw. Zavok even appeared in Super Smash Bros for Wii U & 3DS as a trophy along with the rest of the Deadly Six. Zavok’s biggest appearance out of all of these was in Team Sonic Racing. Zavok was hired by Eggman to steal the Ultimate Energy Engine from Dodon Pa. Zavok was caught by Sonic and friends, before he could even find it. Dr Eggman then got Zavok to join his team in the Grand Prix. Zavok later helped kidnap Dodon Pa and raced Sonic and his friends to help power the Ultimate Energy Engine for Eggman.

Zavok has a ton of moveset potential at his disposal. Zavok is known in the Sonic the Hedgehog world for his strength and cleverness. Zavok could use some of Eggman’s robots to reference his partnership with Eggman from Sonic Lost World and Team Sonic Racing. There is also tons of potential for his Final Smash. Zavok could use his Mech Dragon from Lost World to attack opponents. The rest of the Deadly Six could all join together to attack. He could even grow huge and punch people off the stage.

21FDC854-FB59-4018-AB6A-5C95B772273F.jpeg

245734AE-A3DA-4494-AB9F-36BDE35E6915.png

Zavok being reveled for E3 would definitely get a lot of Smash fans talking about Infinite.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Last Minute Submission!
Yu Narukami (Persona 4)

Yu Narukami is the protagonist of Persona 4, the sequel to you guessed it, Persona 3. Yu Narukami is the leader of an investigation team with his high school pals as they investigate some mysterious events happening in their rural town. Unlike Joker's stubby dagger, Yu fights with his katana sword. Considering how big Joker was, it would make sense to reveal another hype-inducing character from the same critically acclaimed series at E3.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Sorry for double post, but I thought that I would just give my thoughts on the current characters submitted. Keep in mind, this is my opinion, so I may not agree with you. Sorry if I wasn't the biggest fan of the character you submitted, but these are my honest thoughts. Also, these thoughts are based on the character themselves, not the state of the submission. Anyway, let's go. (By the way, most of the games here I've never played, though I should bring that up.)

Valorie: I wouldn't be completely against the submission, but I don't really see the need for another Minecraft rep; Steve represents Minecraft just fine.

Alucard: The character itself deserves to get in, but there is slight bias, considering that I would prefer Bomberman or Pyramid head over another Catlevania rep.

Yoshimitsu: If we were to go with a second Tekken rep, I would go with King. But then again, I've never played Tekken so I really can't talk.

Geese Howard: One of the characters I'm rooting for here. Geese doen't deconfirm any HUGE picks, has potential for a cool stage based off the tower, and is overall, in my opinion, the most deserving SNK rep (Besides Metal Slug).

Dracula's Castle: The no. 1 Konami rep

Dr. Eggman: This man has to get in, it's baffling that we haven't gotten a second Sonic rep yet. Eggman would be an amazing pick.

Pac-Man 2: Bruh

Soma Cruz: I'm pretty indifferent to him.

Tails: Same reasons as Eggman. I would still prefer the doctor, however, since Eggman is just really iconic (Tails is iconic too, don't get me wrong)

Rock Howard: I feel that we should get Geese first. But I wouldn't be mad if he got in.

Quiet: I've never played Metal Gear, but I don't really think Quiet should get in, simple as that (but then again, the one Metal Gear character I'd like got deconfirmed).

P3 Protag: I would prefer Yu, but I wouldn't say no to him!

Yu Narukami: Submission bias aside, Yu Narukami isn't the best or most realistic choice, but I just think he'd be dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom