• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1625352977469.jpeg
Lidia Sobieska(Tekken 7)
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Attack, 3 Slot
Effect: Physical Damage up
  • Puppet Fighter: Zero Suit Samus, 8th alt
  • Stage: Wuhu Island Omega
  • Music Track: Poolside
  • Match: 1 stock
  • Conditions
    • The enemies Physical attacks deal more damage
Dr. Bosconovitch (Tekken 2) (Artwork: Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Class: Ace
Type: Support 1 slot
Effect: Made Of Metal

Obtained by combining an Alisa Bosconovitch core, Roger Jr. & Alex core and a Jack 7 Core

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
More Tekken spirits, putting my +1000 hours to good use at last.

Commander_Alph Commander_Alph You have forgotten to put a Spirit Effect for Raven.

tekken_7__kunimitsu_render_by_realjoky_de5z2a6-pre.png.png
Kunimitsu II (Tekken 7)
Category: Primary
Type: Shield
Class: Advanced ★★
Ability: Dash Attack ↑
pngjoy.com_raven-tekken-7-master-raven-png-hd-png_420873.png
Master Raven (Tekken 7)
Type: Attack
Ability: Killing Edge Equipped
  • Summonable with following Spirit cores:
    • Raven
    • Kyle (Astral Chain)
    • Abra
Bruce_Irvin_TTT2.png
Bruce Irvin (Tekken 2) (Art: Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Class: Novice ★
Ability: No Effect
  • Puppet Fighter: Ken [Blue], Kazuya [Default]
  • Stage: Gerudo Valley [Omega]
  • Music Track: Marine Stadium, Japan
  • Match: Stamina (70HP) (100HP)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's kicks and knee strikes have increased damage
    • Defeat the Main Fighter to win
    • Stamina Battle
Miguel Caballero Rojo (Tekken 6) (Art: Tekken 7)
Ability: Physical Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Officer Howard [Red & Male?; preferably]
  • Stage: Umbra Clock Tower [Omega]
  • Music Track: Dist Thins Out
  • Match: Stamina (110)
  • Conditions:
    • Attack Power ↑
    • Stamina Battle
Josie_CG-removebg-preview.png
Josie Rizal (Tekken 7)
Category: Support
Ability: Screen-Flip Immunity
  • Puppet Fighter: Jill [RE3 Yellow?; preferably]
  • Stage: Jungle Outpost [Omega]
  • Music Track: Moonsiders 1st
  • Match: Stamina (100)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's punches and kicks have increased power
    • The enemy favors tilts and jab
    • Stamina Battle

References:
Kunimitsu II

• Shield Type because she has defeated Yoshimitsu in her reveal trailer, who is an Attack Type Spirit.
  • Dash Attack ↑ to reference her annoying slide, and the fact that she's primarily designed to be based around dashing to extend her combos.
  • Kunimitsu is one of the sacrifices for her summon, referencing Kunimitsu II taking her mother's title and replacing her in Tekken 7. They mostly have the exact same moveset. Chunin and Bio Spark cores because ninjas.
Master Raven
  • Attack Type because she was defeated by Kunimitsu II in Kuni's reveal trailer.
  • Killing Edge Equipped, to reference her sword.
  • Again, just like Kunimitsu, Master Raven is summonable with the core of the character she has replaced, namely Raven. They too have largely the same moveset. Kyle Core because they are both fast fighters that carry around a sword, and Abra because if you've ever faced a Master Raven, then you know there's a lot of teleportation involved.
Bruce Irvin
  • Shield Type, to reference the fact that he gets beaten by Lei Wulong, who is a Grab Type Spirit.
  • He's a practicioner of Muay Thay, a combat sport renowned for its additional usage of knees and elbows for striking alongside punches and kicks. This reasoning applies to his Spirit Battle Condition and why Ken is his puppet fighter (he is the closest thing to a Muay Thai character in Smash, this is why we need Joe Higashi).
  • Kazuya lends him a hand, signifying their friendship and the fact that Bruce works under him.
  • The track Marine Stadium, Japan was recycled for Bruce Irvin's stage "Grand Canyon" in Tekken 2.
Miguel Caballero Rojo
  • Attack Type since Jin is Shield and he killed his sister lol! Also references Miguel's quite aggressive playstyle
  • Physical Attack ↑, since he uses no established martial arts. Instead, he brawls his way out of any fight, making use of his overwhelming strength and raw muscle-power. The same reason applies to his Battle Condition.
  • ASTRAL CHAIN SPOILERS Male Officer Howard is his Puppet Fighter, since his sister too, Akira, dies at the end of the game.
  • I felt like Umbra Clock Tower does best to represent Twilight Conflict.
  • His track is the character select theme of Tekken 6, the game he originated from.
Josie Rizal
  • Screen-Flip Immunity, to reference her stance "Switch Stance".
  • Josie is a kickboxer, so since we don't have a kickboxer in smash, I feel like Jill fits the job for her (as long as you put most of her weapons away at least). She has strong kicks and punches for her normals. Same reason applies to her conditions.
  • Jungle Japes to reference the stage she fights on in her Story Mode, Jungle Outpost.
  • Moonsiders 1st, because there are only 3 Tekken 7 non-story related stage themes and it's the one that suits her most.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you to everyone who submitted movesets for Officer Howard! They were amazing to read through and I felt that they truly captures the essence of the character. From now, we will begin voting on which one we feel is the best moveset for the character.

Moveset by GolisoPower GolisoPower
Moveset by airConditioner airConditioner

You can vote via Google Forms here

While we vote, we will be opening up
miscellaneous content for Officer Howard!

This includes:
  • Entrance animations
  • Taunts (4)
  • Idle Animations (2)
  • Victory animations (3)
  • Victory Theme
  • Kirby Hat
  • Boxing Ring title
  • Snake Codec
  • Palutena’s Guidance
  • Classic Mode

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Kirby hat: Kirby gets a Lappy mascot head. The ears are shrunk as to not obscure his hands.

I don't know much about this game, but having the cartoony-mascot-of-the-non-cartoony-game as a Kirby hat makes sense to me. Think of it like giving a non-Vault Boy Fallout rep a Vault Boy Kirby hat.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Thank you to everyone who submitted movesets for Officer Howard! They were amazing to read through and I felt that they truly captures the essence of the character. From now, we will begin voting on which one we feel is the best moveset for the character.

This includes:
  • Entrance animations
  • Taunts (4)
  • Idle Animations (2)
  • Victory animations (3)
  • Victory Theme
  • Kirby Hat
  • Boxing Ring title
  • Snake Codec
  • Palutena’s Guidance
  • Classic Mode
airConditioner's got me beat, lol. I can just feel it.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Ganryu (Tekken) (Artwork: Tekken 7)
Type: Primary Shield, 1 Slot
Effect: Weight ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: King Dedede (Pink)
  • Stage: Suzaku Castle
  • Music Track: Kyoto, Japan
  • Match: HP (140)
  • Conditions: The enemy strong Grabs and Throws, The enemy favors Up Special, The enemy favors dash attack
Craig Marduk (Tekken 4) (Artwork: Tekken 7)
Type: Support Attack
Effect: Unflinching Charged Smashes, 2 Slots
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Little Mac (Green Hoodie)
  • Stage: Raccoon City
  • Music Track: Bit Crusher
  • Match: HP (130)
  • Conditions: The enemy has reduced move speed, The enemy has increased punching attacks when badly damaged
Combot (Tekken 4) (Artwork: Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Class: Primary
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Trade-Off Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Mii Brawler x3 (Bionic Outfit) (1111,2222,3333)
  • Stage: Deepsea Metro
  • Music Track: Chicago, USA
  • Match: HP (80)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors specials
View attachment 321577Gigas (Tekken 7)
Type: Primary Attack, 1 Slots
Effect: Trade-Off Abilities ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Bowser (Red)
  • Stage: Fourside
  • Music Track: DUOMO DI SIRIO 1st
  • Match: HP (140)
  • Conditions: The enemy has increased fist attacks, the enemy is slow with super armor
For Combot’s class, it says primary. What class is Combot supposed to be?

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
For Combot’s class, it says primary. What class is Combot supposed to be?
Ah darn. Thanks for catching that. I switched what type of spirit it was halfway through making it and evidently changed it in the wrong box. Meant to be Novice Primary.

Officer Howard Taunt:
officer Howard pulls out a comically oversized avalanche special ice cream and drops it, then looks at the spilled ice cream longingly.
it references an ice cream minigame.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ah darn. Thanks for catching that. I switched what type of spirit it was halfway through making it and evidently changed it in the wrong box. Meant to be Novice Primary.

Officer Howard Taunt:
officer Howard pulls out a comically oversized avalanche special ice cream and drops it, then looks at the spilled ice cream longingly.
it references an ice cream minigame.
I got a few hours into Astral Chain before stopping, the fact that there is an ice cream minigame makes me want to pick it up again

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
1625372843844.png
Tiger (Tekken 3) (Artwork: Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Class: Novice
Type: Support Grab
Effect: Easy Rhythm, 1 Slot
  • Summon with the cores of Eddy Gordo, Kalypso, & Octobot King II
Prototype Jack (Tekken) (Artwork: Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Class: Novice
Type: Primary Neutral, 1 Slot
Effect: Can be Enhanced at Lv. 99
  • has Jack-7's current spirit battle, can be enhanced into Jack-7, who is now an Advanced spirit

airConditioner

Smash Ace
reminder that touhou spirits are still open among this flood of tekken spirits. we still don't have marisa and i don't know enough about touhou to make a battle for her.

Fahkumram (Tekken 7)
Ability: Improved Escape
  • Puppet Fighter: Simon (Greenish alt)
  • Stage: Great Cave Offensive (Omega Form)
  • Music Track: A Poem that South Thailand Wants to Tell (because he and Joe Higashi are both Muay Thai fighters)
  • Match: Stamina (130HP)
  • Conditions:
    • Certain items will spawn in large numbers (Lightning)
    • The enemy has increased power for the first part of the battle

Forest Law (Tekken 3) (Art: Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Type: Neutral
Ability: Foot Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Roy (Whichever one is the white alt) (Referencing the similarities between him and his father), Clear Wario
  • Stage: Beaumonde Arena
  • Music Track: Chicago, USA
  • Match: Stamina (100HP)
  • Conditions:
    • Enemy prefers side specials (Wario)
    • Defeat the main enemy to win

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue to add content for Officer Howard for the remainder of the day until we begin deciding on the other Astral Chain content. Now that we know what it is, it could possibly be quicker than before.

There is something I want to discuss with the thread and it was something the Leadership Team also talked about thats the idea behind moveset submissions.

Typically, we decide on the character through voting and then hold a moveset submission round. In the past, we garnered at least a couple (2-5) movesets; especially for popular characters. After the submissions, we then vote on them like what we are doing now for Officer Howard. That being said, we’ve noticed a continuing declining trend in submissions. Some issues that users raised to me in the past that they felt unmotivated to make a moveset as it required time and resources but didn’t guarantee that their moveset would be chosen. This has left people feel unmotivated, jaded, and even felt the process was unfair; especially given that the person who submitted that character is more often than not the one who has their moveset voted for.

For the sake of transparency and thread inclusion, the leadership team has a possible idea that we wanted to bring to the thread. We appreciate any feedback concerning this possible alternative.

Step 1: Submit and vote for a newcomer
Step 2: People submit gameplay/attribute/gimmick content and we vote on which best fits that character
Step 3: Following the winning vote, we then submit moves for the character. People can either submit normal moves, tilts, smashes, aerials, specials, and/or final smashes.
Step 4: The leadership chooses the best moves to include that they feel represents the character while also paying attention to those who submitting; ensuring that everyone had a hand in crafting the moveset in some way. This leads the moveset development section to a collaborative effort. There may be moments where the team comes to the thread to help decide what to add.
Step 5: Leadership Team brings the moveset to the thread for review.

We may be going with this system for a newcomer submission in the future but we wanted to check beforehand to see if people approve of it.

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
I've been thinking about how movesets are kind of all-or-nothing for a while now. If someone has a good idea for a certain move, they kinda have to make a whole moveset or get out, and that's a little lame.

When we were making the moveset for Isaac, I'm pretty sure it was cobbled together from multiple submissions for moves. Like, I gave him an up-special, and someone else gave him a side special, and we just merged those together into the same moveset. If we're returning to something like that, I'm totally down.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I like this idea. It's generally very difficult for me to think of everything in a moveset, and if my Officer Howard moveset is anything to go by, that...doesn't always work out. Changing it to be like what you suggested adds a sense of collaboration to balance out the competitiveness of voting, and in a sense, it actually feels like we're a dev team developing Smash Infinite. I like it a whole lot!

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Probably the last Tekken spirit.

Wang Jinrei (Tekken) (Art: Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Type: Defense
Ability: Critical-Health Defense ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Mewtwo (Green)
  • Stage: Shopping District, Taiping Street
  • Music Track:
  • Match: Stamina (140HP)
  • Conditions:
    • Enemy favors special attack
    • stamina battle
Lucky Chloe (Tekken 7)
Ability: Foot Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Zero Suit Samus (Red)
  • Stage: New Los Angelos (Omega)
  • Music Track:
  • Match: Stamina (130HP)
  • Conditions:
    • Enemy's kicks and knee strikes have increased power
    • The enemy has increased strength when the enemy is at high damage
    • stamina battle
Violet (Tekken 4) (Art: Tekken 7)
Class: Ace ★★★
Ability: Transformation Duration ↑

repurpose the already submitted Lee spirit to be enhancable since there's only 2 enhanced spirit, that being Ogre and Jack (it's just funny to me but making Jack-7 to Proto Jack is such a massive downgrade based on the lore )

Oh yeah, forgot about the ability for my Raven spirit.. probably put Dash Attack ↑

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi everyone,

I realized I goofed up our voting for a Officer Howard moveset. Beyond my reasoning, I made it so we could vote multiple times for a moveset. I wasn’t thinking and, yet again, trying to multitask while doing it and I goofed it up. This is entirely on me.

We will continue to vote for the appropriate moveset but by doing it via the poll above. Again, im sorry for making this very easy to avoid mistake. Please vote for either GolisoPower or AirConditioner

This includes:
  • Entrance animations
  • Taunts (4)
  • Idle Animations (2)
  • Victory animations (3)
  • Victory Theme
  • Kirby Hat
  • Boxing Ring title
  • Snake Codec
  • Palutena’s Guidance
  • Classic Mode

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue to vote for the Officer Howard moveset due to a goof-up on my part. I apologize to those who were affected as well as those who took the time to vote using Google Forms.

We will be progressing forward to two Astral Chain-related prompts that will appear side by side:

Submit an Astral Plane Stage & Submit an Astral Chain Master Spirit
Based on the leak, it said that three stages; Neuron HQ, District 09, and Astral Plane. However, based on the reveal trailer at E3 20XX, this portion was proven false. Well, partially. The only stage that will appear from Astral Chain is the aptly named Astral Plane. Quoting the official wiki,

The Astral Plane is a vast, infinite parallel dimension comprised almost entirely of cubic, crystallized data. It exists in tandem with the Earth as part of a natural cycle, keeping life from evolving too far.
I am quite unfamiliar with Astral Chain but I couldn't find much information on the internet. Perhaps those who are familiar with the series could provide more information and ideas to base a stage off this important location.

Master Class Spirit

In addition, we will be submitting a Master Class Spirit prior doing our Spirit Submissions. A Master Class Spirit is a special spirit that has an important function. This Spirit can serve a number of purposes but only as long as its from Astral Chain. These purposes includes:
  • training other Spirits via Dojo​
  • Store​
  • Exploration​
  • Or any other function​
When submitting, please adhere to our Spirit submission format while also providing the necessary information:
  1. The Spirits name
  2. The Master Class Spirit’s function
  3. The facility they can be found at (if applicable)
  4. The Master Class Spirit battle (please follow the appropriate format including puppet fighter, type, class, stage, music, and conditions)
  5. Reasons why this character deserves to be a Master Spirit.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
ImageNameFacilityOriginAcquisitionFacility Music
SSBI_spirit_Maximillian_Howard.png
Maximilian Howard​
Dojo (Legionis Style)​
Astral Chain
Spirit Battle (Adventure Mode?)​

Maximilian Howard, the captain of the Neuron Task Force, will join Super Smash Bros. Infinite as a Master Spirit. As the leader of the Legionis and the wielder of the powerful Axe Legion, it should be clear that he is the one to train the group. As such, Max Howard's facility will be a Dojo, where he will train spirits in the Legionis Style. The Legionis Style involves ground-based combat, in which high amounts of speed and precision is required. As such, this style will have the spirit's Move Speed, Defense, and Grab Range increased, but have Jump Height, Fall Speed, and Weight decreased.

Why should Max be our Master Spirit? Besides being the captain of the Neuron Task Force and effectively Officer Howard and Akira's superior, he is also their adoptive father! He is the one who inspired them to be police officers and Legionis later on, though he isn't too happy about the two joining his profession. His influence is felt throughout the game and you can even unlock his armor at one point!

SSBI_spirit_Maximillian_Howard.png
Maximilian Howard (Astral Chain)
Type: Master
  • Puppet Fighter: Ike (Sigurd Alt), Ganondorf (Blue Alt)
  • Stage: Astral Plane
  • Music Track: Astral Plane (Combat Phase)
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Gravity Tether
    • The enemy has super armor when charging Smash Attacks.
    • The enemy Shields often (Ganondorf)
    • The enemy prefers Smash Attacks (Ganondorf)

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Regarding the Astral Plain stage, I think it'd be cool if we implemented a bunch of moving platforms. Not actively moving around like, say, Rainbow Cruse, but have the platforms move on their own. It's a mysterious and poorly-known place, and I do recall a couple moving platform sections from my playthrough. I think it'd fit the overall vibe.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I made an Enderman Guidance back on the Google doc, if it's gone I guess I'm gonna have to write it again. I also did a Joker one, but I don't think it was that great.

Palutena: Pit, it's an Enderman! Don't look into it's eyes!
Pit: Why? Because fair warning, pretty sure I've already done that at least a dozen times...
Palutena: They become bloodlusted if you make eye contact, it's a small miracle you're alive!
Viridi: That's not the only small thing, I've never seen an Enderman that small! It can't even teleport!
Palutena: It doesn't seem to mind water either. Is it even an Enderman at all?
Pit: Whatever it is, I'd sure appreciate some tips taking it out!
Palutena: It's acting like Steve, so copy our advice for him.
Viridi: And once you take it out, see it it drops an Ender Pearl. If it does, we know it's a copycat!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for the Guidances and Codecs! I apologize for losing the original document but I’m glad we could get them started on again.

We are still accepting submissions for an Astral Plane stage and Astral Chain Master Spirits.

So far, we’ve had one Master Class submission plus a sort of stage submission involving a concept. Hopefully we can get more content before we have to close up shop!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1625501329872.png

Astral Plane (Astral Chain)

A commonly used realm in a lot of visual media. In Astral Chain, it's an alternate dimension and homeworld of the Chimeras and the only other map that isn't on the Ark that you go to. The platform layout is rather simple: one large main platform and 4 smaller platforms positioned above it in a reverse V-shape: two near the edges, two near the top blast zone. Occasionally, red nodes show up on-stage for opponents to strike. Hitting these will toggle the small platforms to different locations, and even remove some chunks of the main platform, almost like what happens in Astral Chain. In the background, multiple different types of Chimera appear, wandering the landscapes. If Officer Howard isn't selected on this stage, they will appear in the Astral Plane on occasion in the background and fight the Chimeras for a bit before vanishing again.

As far as stage legality in competitive Smash Infinite matches goes, the Astral Plane is...only occasionally used. Some TOs believe Astral Plane's stage-shifting gimmick can give a player far too much of an advantage and that the blast lines are too small for this stage, but others use it just fine as a starter stage, believing the blast lines to be just the right size and the voluntary stage-shifting mechanics to be not that intrusive during matches.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think it’s safe to say that we won’t be getting anymore submissions.

We will be rounding up our Astral Chain coverage with the following content…

Officer Howard Alternate Costumes

Please remember that the costumes are split between six Male versions and six Female versions thus totaling to 12. In addition, the Legions under Officer Howard’s control also changes the color scheme along with them which makes a first for the series. The Sword, Arrow, Beast, Arm, and Axe Legion all will mimic the set color scheme for the alternate costume.

When submitting content, please provide the following:

1) An image
2) What the color swap references
3) What color slot it takes up
4) How does the color look for Officer Howard and their Legions
5) A brief explanation why this costume deserves to be included. Is it iconic enough? Is it important to the series?

Also, remember that Evangelion colors for the Legion was deconfirmed in the reveal despite appearing in the leak. That being said, other Legion alternate colors pointing to similar Mecha/robots in popular culture is permissible as long as the color can point back to a reference in Astral Plane.

Officer Howard does not have any alternate costumes that drastically changes the overall appearance of the character mode aside from the Femward (or Female Howard…)

Additionally, I’m looking for someone to make a Jena Anderson Assist Trophy submission. Considering we only had one for the Astral Plane stage, I surmise that we would probably get just one submission for Jena. That being said, we will continue forward by asking for a submission for her.

Jena Anderson Assist Trophy Submission

Please submit a Jena Anderson Assist Trophy. When submitting, please provide what the assist trophy would do when summoned.Also, please indicate which form Jena takes when summoned.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Officer Howard alt costume:
1625531878947.png

Raven Armor (Black)

An alternate color set based on the armor issued for members of Raven, an organization made by Yoseph Calvert, and a story-important organization for good reason: this is the organization in which your sibling joins at some point in the story! There is one set of armor for each gender for Officer Howard.

Jena Andersen:
1625532246991.png

Jena Andersen is an Assist Trophy that spawns in her Aberrant form, pictured above. While out, she'll swipe multiple times with her sword-arm, dealing multiple hits of damage, and even summons a few Chimera enemies to attack other Fighters. At the end, she reverts back to her normal form and vanishes.

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Even if you do survive... can you... can you call yourself human?

Pictured: Jena with a vial of the forbidden drink.

Jena Anderson
Jena Anderson is the main antagonist of the majority of Astral Chain, terrorizing the Ark with various Homunculi and other living weapons for her ideology. She is a former Aegis Research Institute researcher whose genius allowed her to climb the ranks and become a Head Researcher within 5 years. Her accomplishments include developing an anti-redshift drug and counter chimeric technology. Nevertheless, her different views compared to her superior at the ARI and future Neuron commander Yoseph Calvert led her to circumstances ending with her imprisonment in the Astral Plane for 20 years. Following her reemergence, she unleashes hordes of Homunculi as part of her plan to have humanity evolve and become gods. Her actions lead to her being one of the prime targets for Neuron, culminating in a powerful battle between Officer Howard and Jena at the end of File 09:【Salvation.】

From left to right: Jena Aberrant, Jena Asymptote, Jena Apotheosis.
During Jena’s boss battles in Astral Chain, she takes three forms, each a step closer in Chimeric Evolution. She enters her first form (Jena Aberrant) with a vial of Blue Evolve, a drug supposedly used to enhance Chimera fighting abilities. Her arm grows into a blade and she gains abilities such as cryogenesis, lightning manipulation, and enhanced abilities. Following her defeat, she retreats and takes more Blue Evolve, becoming her second form (Jena Asymptote). This form has her fully evolve into a Chimera, gaining wings and much stronger abilities such as lasers and enhanced versions of Jena Aberrant’s abilities. After Jena Asymptote’s defeat, the Blue Evolve continues to take effect. Jena vomits much of the substance out before painfully transforming into her final form, Jena Apotheosis, which Yoseph oddly refers to as beautiful. Jena Apotheosis is fought in midair, where her fists are divided between ice and fire attacks. In addition to slamming the player with her fists, she will attempt to roast and freeze the player, as well as electrocute the player and fire a blast of air to knock the player away from her. This defeat sees Jena return to her Aberrant form, in which she meets her fate.

Assist Trophy
Jena’s assist trophy will be rather unorthodox in order to represent her personality and philosophy. In her attempt to reach the greater good for humanity (though whether it can even be called the greater good or not is something else entirely), she sacrifices everything she holds dear and eliminates all obstacles necessary. As such, when the player summons Jena, they must keep her philosophy in mind.

Jena will be summoned in her Aberrant form, in which she has 2 basic attacks. The first, cryogenesis, will cause spikes of ice to rise from the ground, freezing anyone who is caught in them. The second will have her launch strange orbs at the ground which will explode in electricity after a set amount of time. These attacks, along with a physical slashing attack with her arm, will already make her quite a powerful assist trophy to deal with. However, her attacks will damage the player who summoned her as well as opponents. This works the other way around as well - instead of just being able to damage Jena at the end, the player who summoned her is able to attack her from start to finish. If the player who summoned her defeats her before she disappears, she will transform into her Asymptote form and do two extremely powerful attacks. One is a spread of lasers around her, which do large amounts of damage when touched, the other is a series of 4 large lightning bolts across the stage. The lightning does large amounts of knockback. In her Asymptote form, she will always do her laser attack first and then the lightning attack before disappearing. Thus, by making the decision of whether to sacrifice her already powerful attacks that for the duration of the Assist Trophy for stronger ones that won’t damage the player but will only be used for a small period, Jena’s assist trophy represents her philosophy of sacrifice for a greater purpose and the ends justifying the means.

Attacks

Pictured: Jena Aberrant using the Electric Bomb attack.
Jena Aberrant - Jena’s base form. Will yell “Only I can save humankind” when summoned. All of Jena Aberrant's attacks can damage the summoner. The summoner is able to damage Jena Aberrant from the moment she is summoned.
  1. Ice Spikes - Jena will summon a series of ice spikes from the ground which freeze opponents.
  2. Electric Bombs - Jena will throw out several bombs that explode into electrifying hitboxes after a short amount of time.
  3. Slash - Jena slashes with her arm.

Pictured: Jena Asymptote using both the Beam Spread attack and the Lightning Strike attack.
Jena Asymptote - Jena’s second form. Will only be able to be used if the player who summoned Jena defeats her Aberrant form before she disappears. Says “You fools don’t know when to give up” after she is summoned. Jena Asymptote's attacks will not damage the player. If Jena Aberrant is defeated by a player that did not summon Jena, she will be defeated like other Assist Trophies and net the defeating player a point. She cannot be defeated in this form.
  1. Beam Spread - Jena will first fire a spread of beams around her that deal large amounts of damage.
  2. Lightning Strike - Following the spread of beams, Jena will then set off a series of 4 lightning bolts across the stage that deal large amounts of knockback. She will disappear after this attack finishes.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Officer Howard alt costume:
View attachment 321768
Raven Armor

An alternate armor set for members of Raven, an organization made by Yoseph Calvert, and a story-important organization for good reason: this is the organization in which your sibling joins at some point in the story! There is one set of armor for each gender for Officer Howard.

Jena Andersen:
View attachment 321770
Jena Andersen is an Assist Trophy that spawns in her Aberrant form, pictured above. While out, she'll swipe multiple times with her sword-arm, dealing multiple hits of damage, and even summons a few Chimera enemies to attack other Fighters. At the end, she reverts back to her normal form and vanishes.
Great submissions but I assume by the armor that this is a black color swap and not a full armor reskin. We won’t be allowing for these sort of alternate costumes for Officer Howard sadly. A black recolor should do fine.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Alright, probably the last batch of Tekken Spirits! I am addicted.

Slim Bob (Tekken 6) (Art: Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Ability: Evolve at Prof. Oak (Evolves into Bob)
  • Puppet Fighter: Waluigi [Red]
  • Stage: Wii Fit Studio [Omega]
  • Music Track: Plucking Tulips
  • Conditions:
    • Food Items drop frequently
    • The enemy has increased move speed
    • Stamina Battle
pngaaa.com-1592700.png.png
Shaheen (Tekken 7)
Ability: Impact Run
  • Puppet Fighter: Captain Falcon [White]
  • Stage: Umbra Clock Tower [Omega]
  • Music Track: Moonsiders 1st
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy favors Down-Special
    • Stamina Battle
Claudio_T7-removebg-preview.png
Claudio Serafino (Tekken 7)
Type: Grab
Ability: Aura Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Richter Belmont [White]
  • Stage: Garreg Mach Monestary
  • Music Track: DUOMO DI SIRIO 1st
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy favors Down-Special
    • Stamina Battle
devil.png
Devil Kazuya (Tekken) (Art: Tekken Pachislot)
Class: Legend ★★★★
Ability: Rage Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Kazuya [Default], Kazuya [Default], Kazuya [Default]
  • Stage: Norfair [Omega]
  • Music Track: Kazuya Mishima, Devil Kazuya [Remix]
  • Match: Stamina (100HP) (125HP) (150HP)
  • Conditions:
    • Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd
    • The enemy favors Tilts [1st Kazuya]
    • The enemy favors Neutral Special [2nd Kazuya]
    • The enemy favors Special Attacks [3rd Kazuya]
    • The enemy will suddenly gain a Final Smash [3rd Kazuya]
    • Stamina Battle
Sebastian-tekken-render-removebg-preview.png
Sebastian (Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection) (Art: Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Would like to combine this dude with Commander_Alph Commander_Alph 's Lili Spirit.
They'd suit as a duo spirit considering their special alliance in TTT2 and their relationship,
he is also referenced within the Spirit Battle so I assume this is ok.
References
Slim Bob

• Evolves into regular Bob due to his desire of staying fat, he loathes being skinny as that is his entire gimmick and where his strength comes from.
  • Increased move speed due to Bob's speed in-game, Food regularly appears due to him trying to gain weight.
Shaheen
  • Attack to counter Kazuya's Grab. Since he canonically beat him in a fight.
  • Impact Run due to his tendencies to slide on his enemies. (If you've faced a Shaheen you know what I'm talking about).
  • Captain Falcon is suitable considering he uses his legs often, hence the favoritism for his Down-B. Captain Falcon also references his popular costume with the shades.
  • Umbra Clock Tower to reference Twilight Conflict.
Claudio Serafino
  • Grab since Heihachi, an Attack Type Spirit, defeated him and forced him to work for him in Tekken 7.
  • Claudio is a known exorcist within the Tekken universe, as he uses holy power as his primary weapon in battles. This is why his Spirit Effect is Aura Attack ↑.
  • White Richter, since they're both exorcists seeking to defeat darkness once and for all. Hence the Holy Water spam as well.
  • Garreg Mach Monestary to reference his stage, Duomo Di Sirio.
Devil Kazuya
  • Devil Kazuya is a Grab-Type Spirit, to complete the trio with Heihachi and Jin Kazama's Spirit Types, which are Attack and Shield respectively. Also to reference his annoying grab.
  • The Spirit Battle entirely references the last fight between Heihachi and Kazuya in Tekken 7, a battle split in 3 phases. Kazuya starts out in his normal human form, not utilising his Devil Powers. Once that phase is over, he opens his third eye so he can start using his laser, hence the 2nd Kazuya's tendency to utilize his Neutral Special. Once he is beat, he will start using his Devil Powers, as he has completely turned into his Devil Form in his 3rd stage. Just like in Tekken 7, he will use his Rage Ar- I mean Final Smash at the end.
  • Norfair to reference the place where the manliest battle of all time took place.

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Spirit Task - Astral Chain Spirits
As with every new universe we add into Infinite, the addition of Officer Howard has led us to the task of submitting spirits hailing from Astral Chain. Like with all spirits, we will uphold a level of quality to these submissions. Because Astral Chain does not have much official artwork, the Leadership Team has created a shortlist of characters with art available to be submitted as Spirits. This list will include characters already present in Ultimate (Kyle, Lappy) and Infinite (Olive, Brenda) for the sake of completion. To assist with this spirit task, I've collected the transparent versions of the renders of these preapproved characters in an Imgur Album. If anyone finds artwork for characters that haven't been listed, feel free to submit them!

Tekken spirit submissions have closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted characters from Tekken!
We'll keep Touhou spirits open for the time being to help it catch up with other series.

HumansChimeras and Friends
Officer Howard (Male) (Fighter Spirit)
Officer Howard (Female) (Fighter Spirit)

Yoseph Calvert
Jena Anderson
Maximilian Howard
Alicia Lopez
Jin Wong
Olive Espinosa
Brenda Moreno

Marie Wentz
Lappy
Harold "Hal" Clark
Kyle Merkulov
Sword Legion
Arrow Legion
Arm Legion
Beast Legion
Axe Legion
HUM-C-84DF5-00
POW-C-A91F5-00 Briareos
Claw Aberration
Archer Filthwing
Homunculus β
(italics denote a character who has already been added as a spirit.)

And as always, please remember to use the handy spirit format for your submissions:)
While we're on the topic of submitting spirits I just want to mention the formatting of spirit posts. Right now the way that the inforamtion for a spirit battle is displayed varies depending on the submitter, so its not very cohesive, and some are missing information or use inconsistent language to describe the same things. This is the format I use and Venus has encouraged others to adopt it as well.

[Picture][Name] [(Game of Origin)]
Class:
Type: [Primary/Support)(Attack/Shield/Grab), # of slots
Effect:
  • Puppet Fighter: Fighter (Describe which alt)
  • Stage:
  • Music Track:
  • Match:
  • Conditions:
For Example: (This is a spirit I submitted already so it doesn't need to be added again)
Lana (Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors)
Type: Primary Shield, 2 Slots
Effect: Electric Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin (Blue)
  • Stage: Temple
  • Music Track: Push Forward
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors neutral special, Hazard: Zap Floor

Here are some resources that I use when making my spirits that helps with keeping the skills they have accurate, as well as not creating a spirit thats already in the game.

I use this one to see which traits come alongside primary spirits

I use this to see which effects can be given by support spirits.

I use this to see what the in game text is for certain conditions.

I've also found that the Mario wiki has the most viewable list of already existing spirits, with the spirit battle details alongside it for inspiration.

I think that using the Wikia and the already existing google sheets will work going forward. Another thing to think about if we're regulating spirit submissions is that right now quite a few spirits use in the game sprite as their spirit art. There is precedent in Smash Ultimate for this happening with the Mother, Ice Climber, and Pac-Man series using in game sprites but usually if there's no official art of the character then its likely that they're not the kind of character who would get a spirit.

Personally I think R.O.B. is an exception and should be the only real world spirit since he's a fighter.

That's everything, happy submitting!

Here's a few to start us off -
Jena Anderson (Astral Chain)
Class: Legend ★★★★
Ability: Double Final Smash
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin (Female), Medusa, Bayonetta
  • Stage: Central Highway (Omega)
  • Music Track: Jena Anderson
  • Conditions:
    • Hostile Assist Trophies will appear (Jena Anderson)
    • Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd
    • The enemy's Final Smash Meter will charge very fast (Bayonetta)
    • The enemy can instantly escape from movement-disabling moves (All Three)
Alicia Lopez (Astral Chain)
Ability: Strong-Wind Resist
  • Puppet Fighter: Jill Valentine, Wolf (Blue)
  • Stage: Deepsea Metro
  • Music Track: Harmony Square Station (Combat Phase)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Gravity Tether (Jill)
    • The enemy can deal damage by dashing into you (Wolf)
    • The enemy has increased move speed (Jill)
Jin Wong (Astral Chain)
Ability: Sticky Floor Immunity
  • Puppet Fighter: Chrom, Donkey Kong (Blue?)
  • Stage: Raccoon City
  • Music Track: Ark Mall (Combat Phase)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy prefers grabs and throws (DK)
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Gravity Tether (Chrom)
    • The enemy's Smash Attacks have increased power (Chrom)
Axe Legion (Astral Chain)
Type: Defense
Ability: Slow Super Armor
  • Puppet Fighter: Ganondorf (Blue)
  • Stage: Astral Plane
  • Music Track: Legion Assault
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy prefers Smash Attacks
    • The enemy's Shield has extra durability
    • Certain Items will Appear in Large Quantities (Bob-Omb)
    • Team up with a CPU Ally (Female Officer Howard, Raven costume)
Homunculus β (Astral Chain)
Type: Neutral
Ability: Giant
  • Summon with the following Spirit cores
    • Burrowing Snagret
    • Wiggler
    • Heavy Lobster

References:

Jena Anderson

• Grab represents her willingness to seize opportunities as they come
  • Double Final Smash represents her two forms outside her Aberrant Form and how they are fought in quick succession
  • Robin is a strategist who wears a coat capable of manipulating the elements (Jena Aberrant)
  • Medusa has lasers and has a monster form as well (Jena Asymptote)
  • Bayonetta controls giant, otherworldly fists and summons demons (Jena Apotheosis)
  • Central Highway represents the highway where Jena Asymptote and Jena Apotheosis are fought
  • Bayo's Final Smash Meter filling fast represents both Homunculi and the attack where Apotheosis forces the player to platform back
  • Her resistance to being grabbed represents how bosses in Astral Chain can't have Chain Bind used against them more than 3 times
Alicia Lopez
  • Being a primary spirit references her status as a Legionis (a trend that continues for Jin and Axe Legion)
  • Attack represents her personality as someone who's a bit rude
  • Strong Wind Resist represents her Beast Legion's ability to run through strong winds
  • Jill wears a hat and is also a member of a special governmental agency (I haven't played RE)
  • Wolf Beast Legion
  • Deepsea Metro represents File 05, where she helped to evacuate the injured (and got attacked by her Legion)
  • Gravity Tethers represent the Astral Chain
  • You can attack while riding the Beast Legion, hence being able to run and deal damage for Wolf
  • Increased Move Speed references the speed of the Legion
Jin Wong
  • Sticky Floor Immunity and Grab represents the Arm Legion, as its purposes outside of battle are to avoid hazardous floors and to throw things
  • Jin is sort of a father figure (he helps with the Howards' training and babysat them for Max), thus Chrom
  • Donkey Kong represents the Arm Legion
  • Raccoon City represents how you see him around Harmony Square doing things (like that annoying car puzzle), as well as where he got attacked by his Legion (Ark Mall)
  • Grabbing and Throwing represent the functions of the Arm Legion
  • Gravity Tethers represent the Astral Chain
  • Jin really really likes the Gladius function of the X-Baton, so Chrom gets increased Smash Attack power
Axe Legion
  • Mostly references the Axe Nemesis battle
  • Support to mirror the Legionis (you equip supports onto primaries like Legionis equip Legions)
  • The Axe Legion takes a mostly Defensive role in combat, with its energy field and Blue Shield skill
  • It also takes a defensive role emotionally ASTRAL CHAIN SPOILERS LOL It's the Legion that reminds you of Max and provides you emotional support, later on it is the one that helps you kill Akira if you choose to do so, defending the world against Noah
  • Slow Super Armor represents how slow this Legion is in combat, but the devastating attacks it can do despite its speed
  • Ganondorf has a big ol sword (that's only in Smash Attacks)
  • The shield represents the energy field
  • There are bombs littered around the Astral Plane when you fight the Axe Nemesis, so Bob-Ombs will spawn a lot
  • Akira Howard (Officer Howard in the Raven suit) will help you fight this Legion as she did in Astral Chain
Homunculus β
  • It's really big
  • Summonable, as it is the next step from Homunculus α
  • Burrowing Snagret represents Homunculus α, being a neck and a head attached to the floor/ceiling
  • Wiggler represents its new feet and how fast it is, as well as it being able to climb around on walls (mostly the Mechawiggler from Odyssey)
  • Heavy Lobster represents how it is manmade and also capable of firing giant laser!!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Jena Anderson Assist Trophy submissions as well as alternate color submissions will end this evening. We will then begin our next prompt which will be unrelated to Astral Chain.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Marie Wentz (Astral Chain)
Type: Support 1slot
Effect: Falling Immunity
  • Obtained by Combining a Lappy Core and a Cat Machine Core
Junko (Tohuou 15: Legacy Of Lunatic Kingdom)
Class: Legendary
Type: Primary Attack no slots
Effect: Ranged attack power up
  • Puppet Fighter: Min Min, Orange and Brown alt
  • Stage: Hakurei Shrine
  • Music Track:
  • Match: 1 stock, timed 1:30
  • Conditions:
    • Items: Shooting Items
    • The enemies Attacks are more powerful
    • The enemy is equipped with a jetpack

Status