• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am sorry but I am very limited in time this evening to add a fancy opening for our voting round. I will add more fancy paragraphs to this post later on. Voting will commence. If you see a missing submission, ping a leadership team member and we will stop the voting process and reset any previous votes.

Thank
you everyone for the amazing submissions! It was great to see so many characters submitted and to see the third party franchises represented. To reiterate, we will be voting for our final E30 20XX fighter which will be showcased at the end of the NintendoE3 20XX Direct. While the chosen character may not be the most hype-inducing character, it should be a character that has some appeal amongst the community and one that would fit well within Smash Bros.

Valorie (Minecraft/Mojang/Microsoft) cashregister9 cashregister9
Alucard (Castelvania/Konami) Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Yoshimitsu (Tekken/Namco-Bandai) GolisoPower GolisoPower
Geese Howard (Fatal Fury/SNK) Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog/Sega) Glubbfubb Glubbfubb submission and Janx_uwu Janx_uwu submission
Pac Man 2 (Pac-Man/Namco-Bandai) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Soma Cruz (Castlevania/Konami)
Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog/Sega) Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Rock Howard (Fatal Fury/Garou/SNK) tonygameman tonygameman
Quiet (Metal Gear Solid/Konami)
Minato (Persona/Atlus/Sega) PeridotGX PeridotGX
Zavok (Sonic the Hedgehog/Sega) evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Yu Narukami (Persona/Atlus/Sega) Yiptap Yiptap

PLEASE VOTE VIA GOOGLE FORMS

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While we wait for submissions to be voted on, we will be conducting a discussion round focusing on a mode we introduced in Infinite but have yet to fully flesh out. In all honesty, I am not sure where to go from here in regards to its content so that's why I wanted to open it to you guys...

Discussion Period: Wishing Stars Adventure Mode

Wishing Stars was the adventure mode that we chose which incorporates Subspace Emissary-like gameplay (progressing through words. battling enemies and bosses, and using Spirits to enhance your fighter). The basic plotline initially features a tournament-like style that feels like a page out of King of Fighters with fighters across the universes being invited to this massive tournament of power. You can view information here:

Initial Submission
Alright I guess I might as well attempt to write my own bout of fan fiction.

Job 91: Wishing Stars

The trailer opens up on Final Destination with Master Hand overlooking the several worlds of Smash Bros. through different portals. The camera pans to the different portals showcasing what each character is doing in their respective worlds. Kirby is fighting off King Dedede who once again appears to be hoarding all of Dream Land's delicious food. Dedede swings a Waddle Doo at Kirby his hammer. Kirby inhales it becoming Beam Kirby and fires off an electric beam from his want at King Dedede sending him flying.

In the Mario world, Mario is battling Bowser Jr. atop an airship. Bowser Jr. shoots a cannon ball from his clown car that Mario narrowly avoids in slow motion. In the Zelda world Link is surrounded by Bokoblins as he desperately attempts to fend them off. The portals show off the various worlds faster as it goes by each one, passing by Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong swinging through vines, Samus getting ready to fight Mother Brain, Captain Falcon racing and Pokemon Trainer commanding Charizard to attack an opposing Mewtwo with Pikachu lending him a helping hand.

The camera pans over back to Master Hand from a front facing view as it raises over him to reveal a glowing crimson orb. The camera switches over the to the orb which reveals a sinister face appearing from within it, something akin to Giygas from Earthbound. Master Hand rears his head/face/front facing area(?????) and sees the crimson orb slowly bulging as if something was trying to escape from it. Master Hand releases its own ball of yellow light that splits into several more and spreads it across each of the portals.

Meanwhile over at the Mushroom Kingdom where Mario is combatting Bowser Jr., Mario shoots a fireball to which Bowser Jr. hops out of his clown car with his hammer in hand attempting to swing at Mario. Before as Bowser Jr. gets his swing off, Mario readies a punch by swinging his arm backwards. Just the two land their hits, colliding their attacks, Bowser steps onto the field and lets out a mighty roar scaring both of them.

Bowser slowly walks, shaking the entire airship as he walks. Mario readies his fists as his old arch-nemesis finally enters the fray. Instead of attacking Mario however, Bowser points up to the sky. Both Mario and Bowser Jr. look up to the sky to see a large wormhole appear. From the wormhole, the small ball of yellow light emerges. Upon reaching the airship, it immediately transforms into a small little creature that looks very similar to a Primid but without the Subspace symbol, its face is a light yellow instead of purple, has tiny little angelic wings and a red top hat.

The creature which will be dubbed as an "Infitemite" (because it just sounded funny lol) hands Mario a letter while performing flamboyant flips and strikes a pose. Mario opens the letter first but Bowser Jr. gets greedy and snatches it from him showing it to his dad. Mario dizzy, looks up and sees the two have a shocked expression on their faces. Mario takes back the letter and eyes it over and reacts in the same way as his eyes gloss over the letter.

Across several other dimensions, the respective characters meet their own Infitemites with differently coloured top hats. What could be written in the letter that is invigorating all the characters of Super Smash Bros.? Mario drops the letter and runs jumping right into the portal. The suction is enough to pull him. Frustrated, Bowser runs after him but his jump isn't as high enough and falls off the airship. Bowser Jr. is quick to think and flies down as the camera shows him disappear into the space below him, then pulling Bowser up, albeit with difficulty, into the portal.

The camera soon pans over the letter. It reads as follows:

"Dear fighter,

You have been courteously invited to partake in the Wishing Stars Championship. I wish to see the strongest fight against each other in the world I have created. The champion who stands above the rest will be granted one wish of their choosing. May the best champion seek victory and prove the strength of their will before all else."

As Mario jumps through the wormhole, he imagines a gigantic festival at Peach's Castle while he proposes to Peach in his wedding attire. Bowser jumping in imagines a strong and powerful castle with a large armada by his side, Kirby envisions a peaceful Popstar free of strife, Donkey Kong pictures a ripe forest filled with bananas to his hearts content, Link sees himself with a powerful sword imbued with enough light to stop all malice and Pikachu envisioning companionship among others of his kind.

Several characters such as Wario, Samus, Yoshi, Cloud, Snake, Terry and others are seen jumping into their own portals as well in a rapid sequence until the screen glares white. Sparkles appear to form the title of the Adventure Mode, Wishing Stars. The two options New Game, Continue and Settings as the white background fades out to show a view of a large green and blue planet from outer space.

Tl;dr: Master Hand sends a bunch of reformed Primids to hand out invites for a large competition. The winner will receive one wish of their choosing and of course, who wouldn't want that? In the meantime, something sinister appears to be happening in the backdrop with a suspicious entity behind imprisonment in a crimson cage.
Potential questions/discussion points concerning our storyline...
  • How would the reformed Primids function?
  • Why were the characters summoned?
  • Is everyone summoned? Do some crash the party?
  • After being summoned, what happens next?
  • Is this a tournament-like setting akina to the Cell Sagas/Bodoukan Saga of Dragon Ball Z?
  • How can "wishing" and "stars" be implemented literally?
  • What is the tournament for?

The last two are most important:
  • How can the Subspace Emissary-like gameplay function in this type of setting
  • How can Spirits and their use be utilized?

DJ Octavio appearing as a Boss
To keep the thread chugging along, we will proceed past further Adventure Mode submissions (don’t worry, we will cover them later on during development) and proceed to our next job. If you have yet to vote for the Adventure Mode Exclusive Boss, please do so now.

I also want to inform the thread of something particulary interesting. Our latest newcomer, DJ Octavio is actually more groundbreaking than you may think. Yes, not only is DJ Octavio a playable Splatoon boss but he’s also a boss in both Adventure Mode and Smash Dungeon! He will be featured predominately in Wishing Stars story mode as one of the main villains. In addition, he will make an appearance as a boss in Smash Dungeon if not currently in play. Furthermore, he will also be featured as a final boss for Inkling and Octoling’s Classic Mode. Boss versions of DJ Octavio will be Giant sized to mimic his fights in the Splatoon games. He will be the very first playable boss character who serves as a Boss in more than one mode in Smash. Ganondorf and Bowser technically do not count to fit this criteria. We will have talks on ways to incorporate DJ Octavio in the story/adventure mode at a later date as well as a brainstorming session to visualize the model’s story.
DJ Octavio will be a newcomer who is also featured as a boss and is important to the story...
  • While this is a trend I wish to avoid for the other fighters, do we have any other candidates that could qualify as having a pivotal role in the story whose main function would be more so of a boss/villain than a character?
  • What role could DJ Octavio have within the story?

Rugal Bernstein becoming a Wishing Stars-only Boss
Adventure Mode Exclusive Boss Results
TabuuSuper Smash Bros.@warpenguin5516
Hinoxthe Legend of Zelda Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 6
Dr. CoyleARMS Jomosensual Jomosensual 9
CyberdemonDOOM cashregister9 cashregister9 5
AsraelUndertale PeridotGX PeridotGX 15
Sho Minamimoto / Leo CantusThe World Ends with You Paraster Paraster 5
BazShovel Knight Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 2
King FrostShin Megami Tensei Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide 3
Rugal BernsteinThe King of Fighters@Mr. Robotto19 votes!!
RobobroodSuper Mario Yiptap Yiptap 0
Perfect ChaosSonic SharkLord SharkLord 13
T-elosXenosaga airConditioner airConditioner 8
Dr. ZombossPlants vs. Zombies@Krookodilian15

"We are opening Wishing Stars 20XX Following the time honored custom. This year we will adopt a special rule... whoever wins gets a wish. That's all... [M]"

Congrats to @Mr. Robotto for winning! Rugal Bernstein will be appearing as an adventure mode locked boss, looking for powerful fighters to turn into trophies. Hopefully, he will be just as difficult and annoying to fight in Smash as he was in KOF. Good work to all of those who submitted and shout out to PeridotGX PeridotGX for the unique take on Asrael!​
In a similar fashion...
  • What role would Rugal have within the Wishing Stars story?
  • We have several other options such as Asrael, Tabuu, Dr. Zomboss, etc. What other potential Adventure Mode-only Bosses could we include beyond the list that we have above?
  • Which bosses from Classic Mode, Boss Raids, and Boss Spheres could also appear?
And a bit connected but...
  • Can we import enemies and mid-bosses from Smash Dungeon (Kind of crazy Smash Dungeon is more fleshed out than Wishing Stars) and, if so, which ones would make the most sense?
  • Should we come up with our own enemies for Wishing Stars much like how Subspace was?

As mentioned previously, we elected to include a Subspace Emissary-style gameplay and, in order to validate Spirits, added them as a main function of gameplay
  • How would players collect characters?
  • Would there be Adventure Mode-only items?
  • How about stat power ups?
  • Could we include a game feature that is unique to Wishing Stars? (like how World of Light incorporated Spirits?)
  • Is it Co-Op?
  • Online accessible?
Finally, how do you feel about the mode?
  • What strengths and/or weaknesses does it have?
  • How to you envision the story to pan out?
  • What would you like to see happen in regards to the plot?
  • Do you think we should spend resources and time fleshing out this mode or should we focus on other areas of the game?
  • Is it possible to incorporate Wishing Stars as an actual gameplay element item that is akin to stickers and spirits? Like collecting certain kinds will grant the wish of a player for an extra power up in battle?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Honestly I think Venus was a really good sport about Dracula's Castle. A playable location isn't the worst idea for a joke character so it could be worth reexploring sometime. This comes to mind:
I think I know why you turned Dracula's Castle down. It would obviously win, so we're removing it from the voting process and will Waluigi it in at a later date.
I think any buildings playable in Smash would have a severe weakness for when we eventually vote in a Home Depot rep.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I have an idea where even though the levels are set up like the subspace emissary, each individual area can be entered and exited at any time, as you progress though the story you unlock more levels and more areas

Some areas would feature town like areas, featuring some NPCs based off already existing charatcers and these featured characters would either open up shops called summoning circles where fortune tellers pray to the stars to summon a requested spirit, other times the npc is the spirit and will give you your support by doing missions for them, this would work organically with the competition theme, you cant compete without some fans backing you up with there support, so it would fit in that way.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think any buildings playable in Smash would have a severe weakness for when we eventually vote in a Home Depot rep.

The Home Depot itself is probably the best choice for a HD rep. Homer D. Poe may disconfirm Homer from The Simpsons series or Homer from the Greek Philosophy series (two highly requested characters) so it's best we wait him out, and I can't imagine Deepo fighting on land.

Edit: also, the echo fighter could be B&Q for the Bri'ish audience.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I feel like some characters would end up being there under unique circumstances, namely the ones that are canonically dead. Though that would depend on the specific character, I do feel we should respect the original source material as much as possible.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here is an example of an Npc mission
one day you walk into a shop and suddenly
Morshu.png

Lamp Oil, Ropes, Bombs, you want it it's yours my friend as long as you have enough rubees

However no one uses rubees but instead rupees making his shop fall on hard times, he asks you to find a very rubees wealthy person and he will give you his support by giving you free unlimited bombs.

Said rubee rich person
MimiSuperPaperMario.png

Yeah in super paper mario mimi pays everything in rubees so she becomes a sort of buisness partner and starts a whole rubee smuggling ring, long story short a humorous tale about coincidences, and you get the Morshu spirit as a result

Attachments

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
^Agreed

I have been really focusing on the concept of incorporating actual wishing stars into the game mode. Perhaps that's why I focused it so much above.

I had a small little idea in that...

What if the reason why this mysterious entity summoned the fighters wasn't to invite them to a tournament of power but rather a tournament to collect the most star wishes with the one who collects the most winning the ultimate wish. Unsure how Master Hand and his Infinitemites factor into this but perhaps he was put under control by this mysterious creature. However, this sinister being intends to steal the star wishes and to grant themselves control over the metaverse. Star wishes can be collected and grants the players bonuses in battle based on the type of wish it is and, in doing so, empowers that wish further. They can be exhausted of power and collecting more powers them up even more.

Every character has a wish they want to be granted:
  • Mario to reunite with Peach
  • Luigi to overcome his fear
  • Bowser to marry Peach
  • Samus to eliminate Ridley
  • R.O.B. to find Eve other R.O.Bs
  • Kazuya to throw Jin off a cliff
  • Terry to defeat Geese (MORE REASONT O VOTE FOR GEESE!!!!)
etc etc etc

Some of these can be obtained in game by completing certain quests and missions which will possibly change the final outcome based on how many character wish fulfillments you can accomplish. I am not sure how collecting characters can factor in or when exactly the players realize they were being duped, perhaps when the being manages to get his wish granted? Just something I thought of and wanted to share.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
^Agreed

I have been really focusing on the concept of incorporating actual wishing stars into the game mode. Perhaps that's why I focused it so much above.

I had a small little idea in that...

What if the reason why this mysterious entity summoned the fighters wasn't to invite them to a tournament of power but rather a tournament to collect the most star wishes with the one who collects the most winning the ultimate wish. Unsure how Master Hand and his Infinitemites factor into this but perhaps he was put under control by this mysterious creature. However, this sinister being intends to steal the star wishes and to grant themselves control over the metaverse. Star wishes can be collected and grants the players bonuses in battle based on the type of wish it is and, in doing so, empowers that wish further. They can be exhausted of power and collecting more powers them up even more.

Every character has a wish they want to be granted:
  • Mario to reunite with Peach
  • Luigi to overcome his fear
  • Bowser to marry Peach
  • Samus to eliminate Ridley
  • R.O.B. to find Eve other R.O.Bs
  • Kazuya to throw Jin off a cliff
  • Terry to defeat Geese (MORE REASONT O VOTE FOR GEESE!!!!)
etc etc etc

Some of these can be obtained in game by completing certain quests and missions which will possibly change the final outcome based on how many character wish fulfillments you can accomplish. I am not sure how collecting characters can factor in or when exactly the players realize they were being duped, perhaps when the being manages to get his wish granted? Just something I thought of and wanted to share.
How about each npc factors into the ending, depending on how many quests you complete and who you complete them too, the final boss will change due to amount of support each helped npc will give, if you help some good NPCs the final boss will be all demonic and will end with all the heroes slaying there villains thanos snap style while if you help a bunch of chaotic npcs the boss will be light and all the villains will conquer there goals but feel empty as well, by being equal you can achieve a wish everyone can agree on

airConditioner

Smash Ace
This is something I've been having trouble thinking of. We need to know where the spirits are coming from and what exactly they are in this universe. In WOL, they're characters and items from other places that got zapped by Galeem and lost their bodies. What are spirits here? An idea I have is a "wish" that these characters send on to the fighters. Hope that makes sense.

speaking of spirits:
the last of the Astral Chain spirits. not much to say here because the enemies are kind of boring. Tried to avoid too many spoilers on Yoseph's battle
Yoseph Calvert (Astral Chain)
Category: Primary
Type: Attack
Class: Advanced ★★
Ability: Transformation Duration ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Dr. Mario [do we have a brown alt?], Officer Howard [Female], Officer Howard [Male, Raven]
  • Stage: Umbra Clock Tower
  • Music Track: Task Force Neuron
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions
    • The enemy will suddenly become Giant (Dr. Mario)
    • The enemy will charge up a powerful Final Smash (Dr. Mario)
    • The enemy will take sudden (50%) damage (Officer Howards)
Hal (Astral Chain)
Category: Support
Type: Neutral
Class: Novice ★
Ability: Lightweight
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny R.O.B. (Yellow), Clear Leon
  • Stage: Astral Plane
  • Music Track: Homunculus β
  • Conditions
    • The enemy prefers up specials (R.O.B.)
    • The enemy tends to avoid conflict (Leon)
SSBI_spirit_HUM-C-84DF5-002.png
HUM-C-84DF5-00 (Astral Chain)
Ability: Impact Run
  • Puppet Fighter: Hero (Solo)
  • Stage: Astral Plane [Battlefield]
  • Music Track: Astral Plane (Combat Phase)
  • Conditions
    • Temporary Invincibility (Hero)
Briareos (Astral Chain)
Type: Grab
Ability: Fist Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: DJ Octavio (Giant)
  • Stage: Raccoon City
  • Music Track: Invaders from Another World
  • Conditions
    • The enemy prefers Forward Smash
    • The enemy prefers Forward Aerials
    • The enemy has super armor and is hard to launch or make flinch
Claw Aberration (Astral Chain)
Ability: [None]
  • Puppet Fighter: Bowser (Horde)
  • Stage: Port Aero Town Dive [Battlefield]
  • Music Track: Emergency
  • Conditions
    • Defeat an army of fighters
    • The enemy prefers forward tilts
Archer Filthwing (Astral Chain)
Type: Defense
Ability: Floaty Jumps
  • Puppet Fighter: Dark Pit (Horde)
  • Stage: Shopping District, Taiping Street
  • Music Track: Maison Forest: Midnight (Combat Phase)
  • Conditions
    • The enemy prefers neutral specials in the air

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
This is something I've been having trouble thinking of. We need to know where the spirits are coming from and what exactly they are in this universe. In WOL, they're characters and items from other places that got zapped by Galeem and lost their bodies. What are spirits here? An idea I have is a "wish" that these characters send on to the fighters. Hope that makes sense.

speaking of spirits:
the last of the Astral Chain spirits. not much to say here because the enemies are kind of boring. Tried to avoid too many spoilers on Yoseph's battle
Yoseph Calvert (Astral Chain)
Ability: Transformation Duration ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Dr. Mario [do we have a brown alt?], Officer Howard [Female], Officer Howard [Male, Raven]
  • Stage: Umbra Clock Tower
  • Music Track: Task Force Neuron
  • Conditions
    • The enemy will suddenly become Giant (Dr. Mario)
    • The enemy will charge up a powerful Final Smash (Dr. Mario)
    • The enemy will take sudden (50%) damage (Officer Howards)
Hal (Astral Chain)
Type: Neutral
Ability: Lightweight
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny R.O.B. (Yellow), Clear Leon
  • Stage: Astral Plane
  • Music Track: Homunculus β
  • Conditions
    • The enemy prefers up specials (R.O.B.)
    • The enemy tends to avoid conflict (Leon)
HUM-C-84DF5-00 (Astral Chain)
Ability: Impact Run
  • Puppet Fighter: Hero (Solo)
  • Stage: Astral Plane [Battlefield]
  • Music Track: Astral Plane (Combat Phase)
  • Conditions
    • Temporary Invincibility (Hero)
Briareos (Astral Chain)
Type: Grab
Ability: Fist Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: DJ Octavio (Giant)
  • Stage: Raccoon City
  • Music Track: Invaders from Another World
  • Conditions
    • The enemy prefers Forward Smash
    • The enemy prefers Forward Aerials
    • The enemy has super armor and is hard to launch or make flinch
Claw Aberration (Astral Chain)
Ability: [None]
  • Puppet Fighter: Bowser (Horde)
  • Stage: Port Aero Town Dive [Battlefield]
  • Music Track: Emergency
  • Conditions
    • The enemy prefers forward tilts
Archer Filthwing (Astral Chain)
Type: Defense
Ability: Floaty Jumps
  • Puppet Fighter: Dark Pit (Horde)
  • Stage: Shopping District, Taiping Street
  • Music Track: Maison Forest: Midnight (Combat Phase)
  • Conditions
    • The enemy prefers neutral specials in the air
I think spirits represent the emotions and feelings everyone has, in game if we help npcs they give spirits which means they are supporting use by giving there power, if you understand I think, its quite complacated

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Here is an example of an Npc mission
one day you walk into a shop and suddenly
View attachment 322039
Lamp Oil, Ropes, Bombs, you want it it's yours my friend as long as you have enough rubees

However no one uses rubees but instead rupees making his shop fall on hard times, he asks you to find a very rubees wealthy person and he will give you his support by giving you free unlimited bombs.

Said rubee rich person
View attachment 322040
Yeah in super paper mario mimi pays everything in rubees so she becomes a sort of buisness partner and starts a whole rubee smuggling ring, long story short a humorous tale about coincidences, and you get the Morshu spirit as a result
This is exactly what I want in this game. It would be amazing if other spirits were NPCs and stuff like that.

As for spirits, maybe the spirits can be spectators in the tournament? You could interact with spirits and they would say thoughts about the match. If you complete certain tasks for the spirits, they'll give you their spirits as if they hope for you to win. Certain spirits would have special dialogue depending on the character.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
This is exactly what I want in this game. It would be amazing if other spirits were NPCs and stuff like that.

As for spirits, maybe the spirits can be spectators in the tournament? You could interact with spirits and they would say thoughts about the match. If you complete certain tasks for the spirits, they'll give you their spirits as if they hope for you to win. Certain spirits would have special dialogue depending on the character.
Yeah give the npc spirit in question some hope by completing there quest, some comedic some emotional and there appreciation for what you did prompts then to support you in spirit

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I do think perhaps having a Mass Effect-like karma system could be interesting. Paragon Mario reunites with Peach. Renegade Mario eradicates Bowser. Paragon Bowser ups his parenting and officially adopts the Koopalings. Renegade Bowser marries Peach and locks her up against her will. Renegade Sephiroth destroys the universe. Paragon Sephiroth…..

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I do think perhaps having a Mass Effect-like karma system could be interesting. Paragon Mario reunites with Peach. Renegade Mario eradicates Bowser. Paragon Bowser ups his parenting and officially adopts the Koopalings. Renegade Bowser marries Peach and locks her up against her will. Renegade Sephiroth destroys the universe. Paragon Sephiroth…..
There are good spirits and chaotic spirits the more spirits of a certain category you get the more likely the ending will be too good or too bad respetgly, the true goal is to use the wish to create something everyone can appreciate

Paraster

Smash Lord
While we wait for submissions to be voted on, we will be conducting a discussion round focusing on a mode we introduced in Infinite but have yet to fully flesh out. In all honesty, I am not sure where to go from here in regards to its content so that's why I wanted to open it to you guys...

Discussion Period: Wishing Stars Adventure Mode

Wishing Stars was the adventure mode that we chose which incorporates Subspace Emissary-like gameplay (progressing through words. battling enemies and bosses, and using Spirits to enhance your fighter). The basic plotline initially features a tournament-like style that feels like a page out of King of Fighters with fighters across the universes being invited to this massive tournament of power. You can view information here:

Initial Submission

Potential questions/discussion points concerning our storyline...

• How would the reformed Primids function?
  • Why were the characters summoned?
  • Is everyone summoned? Do some crash the party?
  • After being summoned, what happens next?
  • Is this a tournament-like setting akina to the Cell Sagas/Bodoukan Saga of Dragon Ball Z?
  • How can "wishing" and "stars" be implemented literally?
  • What is the tournament for?

The last two are most important:
  • How can the Subspace Emissary-like gameplay function in this type of setting

DJ Octavio appearing as a Boss

DJ Octavio will be a newcomer who is also featured as a boss and is important to the story...

• While this is a trend I wish to avoid for the other fighters, do we have any other candidates that could qualify as having a pivotal role in the story whose main function would be more so of a boss/villain than a character?
  • What role could DJ Octavio have within the story?

Rugal Bernstein becoming a Wishing Stars-only Boss

In a similar fashion...

• What role would Rugal have within the Wishing Stars story?
  • We have several other options such as Asrael, Tabuu, Dr. Zomboss, etc. What other potential Adventure Mode-only Bosses could we include beyond the list that we have above?
  • Which bosses from Classic Mode, Boss Raids, and Boss Spheres could also appear?
And a bit connected but...
  • Can we import enemies and mid-bosses from Smash Dungeon (Kind of crazy Smash Dungeon is more fleshed out than Wishing Stars) and, if so, which ones would make the most sense?
  • Should we come up with our own enemies for Wishing Stars much like how Subspace was?

As mentioned previously, we elected to include a Subspace Emissary-style gameplay and, in order to validate Spirits, added them as a main function of gameplay
  • How would players collect characters?
  • Would there be Adventure Mode-only items?
  • How about stat power ups?
  • Could we include a game feature that is unique to Wishing Stars? (like how World of Light incorporated Spirits?)
  • Is it Co-Op?
  • Online accessible?
Finally, how do you feel about the mode?
  • What strengths and/or weaknesses does it have?
  • How to you envision the story to pan out?
  • What would you like to see happen in regards to the plot?
  • Do you think we should spend resources and time fleshing out this mode or should we focus on other areas of the game?
  • Is it possible to incorporate Wishing Stars as an actual gameplay element item that is akin to stickers and spirits? Like collecting certain kinds will grant the wish of a player for an extra power up in battle?
I think it'd be interesting to lean in to a pro-wrestling angle where fighters appealing to the audience could grant them benefits (this would work well with the "stars as a collectible" idea; you could get them by appealing to the crowd). You could make yourself beloved by beating levels/battles quickly (showing you're skilled/strong), taunting at the right times (putting on a spectacle), completing specific side objectives, and more. The "paragon/renegade" choice idea could also tie into this. Maybe the stars could even be an embodiment of the spectacle of battle or something.

Whether we lean into the "appeal to the crowd" aspect or not, I think Incineroar, as a pro-wrestling themed Pokemon, would be a natural pick to have a more prominent role--maybe as some kind of mascot for the tournament?

I like the idea of spirits being a sort of embodiment of the character that you obtain after earning the character's respect. Maybe you could be restricted to spirits obtained in Wishing Stars, but a New Game+ feature would allow you to use your main spirit inventory.

(Also, I think some wires were crossed and no one noticed--it's spelled Asriel, not Asrael.)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think it'd be interesting to lean in to a pro-wrestling angle where fighters appealing to the audience could grant them benefits (this would work well with the "stars as a collectible" idea; you could get them by appealing to the crowd). You could make yourself beloved by beating levels/battles quickly (showing you're skilled/strong), taunting at the right times (putting on a spectacle), completing specific side objectives, and more. The "paragon/renegade" choice idea could also tie into this. Maybe the stars could even be an embodiment of the spectacle of battle or something.

Whether we lean into the "appeal to the crowd" aspect or not, I think Incineroar, as a pro-wrestling themed Pokemon, would be a natural pick to have a more prominent role--maybe as some kind of mascot for the tournament?

I like the idea of spirits being a sort of embodiment of the character that you obtain after earning the character's respect. Maybe you could be restricted to spirits obtained in Wishing Stars, but a New Game+ feature would allow you to use your main spirit inventory.

(Also, I think some wires were crossed and no one noticed--it's spelled Asriel, not Asrael.)
My only issue with the pro-wrestling/tournament angle is the Subspace Emissary-gameplay we decided to incorporate. This would mean there would be several forms of platforming and battling baddies. Perhaps utilize it within some form during the mode?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My only issue with the pro-wrestling/tournament angle is the Subspace Emissary-gameplay we decided to incorporate. This would mean there would be several forms of platforming and battling baddies. Perhaps utilize it within some form during the mode?
What about having Wishing Stars' platforming segments take place in more mundane locations like cities; factories; train stations; so on, instead of the jungles; castles; and military facilities that were heavily featured in SSE?

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
What about having Wishing Stars' platforming segments take place in more mundane locations like cities; factories; train stations; so on, instead of the jungles; castles; and military facilities that were heavily featured in SSE?
I don't know about doing this. I worry it'd make for... relatively uninteresting locations to fight in. (And I found the SSE's locations not particularly interesting to begin with, so it needs all the help it can get.)

You could probably get in a bunch more variety if you go for a "world tour" angle. Like, in Street Fighter, you fight in jungles sometimes, so I think less mundane locations can still fit the tournament feeling.

Though if we're dead-set on urban environments, I wouldn't mind if we put houses in every level. Instead of a jungle, we have a jungle town. Instead of a volcano, we have a volcano city.

On a side note, if we're going all in on the tournament angle, I think it would be fun to bring back Midair Stadium from SSE in some capacity. It'd fit perfectly into that theme.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Ran out of time for a really in depth write up on Wishing Stars, but the general idea I have for it is that everyone shows up for the tournament, something happens early on that interrupts that, everyone teams up, and then the tournament takes place with a special cut scene for whoever you choose as the winner getting their wish.

Maybe what happens is that instead of your greatest wish becoming reality, whoever hijacks it traps characters in nightmare realities. So Mario sees Peach leaving for Bowser and lives in Mushroom Kingdom under that reign, Falcon's racing career ends after a brutal accident and he has to watch from the sideline, Link can't save Zelda and watches as Ganon rules the world, Shulk watches Fiora die over and over, etc. I'm not sure it would be possible to write one of those on all 100 something characters though.

For the villains, things don't necessarily have to involve them seeing the good guy win either, since that would be tough to balance out and have them all team up. Instead it could be something like Bowser sees Bowser Jr failing to accomplish anything, Sephiroth failing to become a god and instead reliving his own death over and over, etc.

It would be a lot of work but I think it would be really cool to see how this all would play out and could be a really fun story to tell. Trying to figure out the motivations for characters like Wii Fit or Duck Hunt could be a lot of fun and would also add some levity to the series ones as well.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Ran out of time for a really in depth write up on Wishing Stars, but the general idea I have for it is that everyone shows up for the tournament, something happens early on that interrupts that, everyone teams up, and then the tournament takes place with a special cut scene for whoever you choose as the winner getting their wish.

Maybe what happens is that instead of your greatest wish becoming reality, whoever hijacks it traps characters in nightmare realities. So Mario sees Peach leaving for Bowser and lives in Mushroom Kingdom under that reign, Falcon's racing career ends after a brutal accident and he has to watch from the sideline, Link can't save Zelda and watches as Ganon rules the world, Shulk watches Fiora die over and over, etc. I'm not sure it would be possible to write one of those on all 100 something characters though.

For the villains, things don't necessarily have to involve them seeing the good guy win either, since that would be tough to balance out and have them all team up. Instead it could be something like Bowser sees Bowser Jr failing to accomplish anything, Sephiroth failing to become a god and instead reliving his own death over and over, etc.

It would be a lot of work but I think it would be really cool to see how this all would play out and could be a really fun story to tell. Trying to figure out the motivations for characters like Wii Fit or Duck Hunt could be a lot of fun and would also add some levity to the series ones as well.
What about duck hunt finding a family that loves him due to being tossed out for being too annoying

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

would you mind if i came up with a list of desires and nightmare scenarios for all of the characters (or at least most of them)?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
In context I wished I entered king Dice as a possible story mode boss, he has loads of popularity and his unique idea of a boss rush blind gamebwould fit really well in this mode, especially since most future contests will most likely have a theme

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I think for Wishing Stars the Subspace style gameplay could work with the tournament story if the battles are formatted like Smash Run. You go through a pre determined map fighting enemies and powering up and once the timer runs out you either fight a boss or a character, if you beat the character you gain them.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We have voted and determined our next newcomer for Super Smash Bros. Infinite!

To reiterate;
This character will make subsequent unique characters from this franchise/company ineligible for launch.
This does not apply to Echo Fighters
This character is third party
It will be featured at the end of the E3 20XX direct...

Without further adieu...

Forms response chart. Question title: Please vote for a character. Voting for a character in the 3 column will grant it 3 points, 2 2 points, and so on. You may vote for your own submission. Please make a selection in all three columns.. Number of responses: .

Well....that's perhaps a bit confusing regarding total votes so let's look at this tally composed by airConditioner airConditioner

Based on this, our next newcomer will be...

Dr. Eggman from Sonic the Hedgehog with38 whopping votes!

Dr. Eggman will be our second villain included in the Infinite launch roster and will represent Sega. This means other Sega franchises will be exempt from inclusion later on down the road. Also, Dr. Eggman will be removed from the first third party prompt we head previously which brought Crash into the game. In the event that Crash is included as the last Ultimate fighter, we will be default to Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. If Dr. Eggman is included, we will instead default to Alucard from Castlevania.

I need time time to prepare our next prompt concerning gameplay but, until then, please feel free to discuss some ideas amongst yourselves!

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Okay
We have voted and determined our next newcomer for Super Smash Bros. Infinite!

To reiterate;
This character will make subsequent unique characters from this franchise/company ineligible for launch.
This does not apply to Echo Fighters
This character is third party
It will be featured at the end of the E3 20XX direct...

Without further adieu...

View attachment 322122

Well....that's perhaps a bit confusing regarding total votes so let's look at this tally composed by airConditioner airConditioner

Third Party Second NewcomerRankedVotersRanked List
Valorie (Minecraft)44Dr. Eggman (Sonic)38
Alucard (Castlevania)2012Alucard (Castlevania)20
Yoshimitsu (Tekken/Soul Calibur)115Tails (Sonic)20
Geese (Fatal Fury)96Soma (Castlevania)18
Dr. Eggman (Sonic)3814Yoshimitsu (Tekken/Soul Calibur)11
Pac-Man 2 (Dragon Quest)84Geese (Fatal Fury)9
Soma (Castlevania)188Pac-Man 2 (Dragon Quest)8
Tails (Sonic)2010Rock (Fatal Fury)8
Rock (Fatal Fury)85Quiet (Metal Gear)7
Quiet (Metal Gear)73Valorie (Minecraft)4
Minato (Persona)00Yu (Persona)4
Zavok (Sonic)31Zavok (Sonic)3
Yu (Persona)43Minato (Persona)0

Based on this, our next newcomer will be...

Dr. Eggman from Sonic the Hedgehog with38 whopping votes!

Dr. Eggman will be our second villain included in the Infinite launch roster and will represent Sega. This means other Sega franchises will be exempt from inclusion later on down the road. Also, Dr. Eggman will be removed from the first third party prompt we head previously which brought Crash into the game. In the event that Crash is included as the last Ultimate fighter, we will be default to Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. If Dr. Eggman is included, we will instead default to Alucard from Castlevania.

I need time time to prepare our next prompt concerning gameplay but, until then, please feel free to discuss some ideas amongst yourselves!
Okay the main reason I wanted Eggman is that I had an almost perfect gimmick for him, as you would expect he would be a mech fighter but there is a twist, his mech only takes 30-45 damage before breaking and Eggman would fight on foot

Advance2_walker.jpg

He would use his iconic egg walker of course using it to do attacks based on his various mech battles, its powerful but its balanced by the limited health

I also thought it would be cool that his barrier could be sacrificed to produced a stunning electric shock and would transform into the phantom egg
Phantom_Egg_02.jpg

On foot he would use a remote he has to summon rbadnicks from across the triology and would use a jetpack as recovery, he can create a new mech after a cooldown period that can be sped up by racking hits 5o opponents

That is not a concrete moveset but that would be how I would see Eggman as a boss.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
I think it's funny that we had a big discussion about redoing how we create movesets in this thread so that we don't have to make a whole moveset if we have one cool idea, and then immediately include a fighter I would have no issues with making a complete moveset for.

Anyway, the foremost question about Eggman: what is he going to be in? The way I see it, there's three options:
  • Nothing; he's just on foot.
  • The Egg Mobile, which he uses basically all the time.
  • The Egg Walker, which he uses in his playable appearance in SA2.
It gets a little complicated because you could also give him a gimmick that allows him to do multiple of these at once, but something has to be his default.

As for my personal opinion on this: I'm not interested in an on-foot moveset. Or even an on-foot component of the moveset. He is not on foot particularly often in the series, so I would find it odd for him to be shown that way in Smash.

Between the remaining two, I could go either way. The Egg Mobile is what he uses a lot, but I fear it might not animate well "running" and "jumping". The Egg Walker is specifically designed to make him playable in a platformer, but it's exclusive to SA2 - even if it is basically just the Egg Mobile with legs.

I think out of all of the options, I'm a fan of using the Egg Walker and then making the Egg Mobile an up-B that's particularly central to his gameplay. That feels like a good compromise to me.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Very glad to see Eggman got in. Love the dude!

Anyways, in terms of his moveset, I'm glad we're going with the Issac-type submission process. Eggman has a ton to pull from, especially from his classic boss fights, so I think in this way we can make the best possible moveset.Plus, like with Issac, it allows someone with little knowledge of the character/series to contribute.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I think it's funny that we had a big discussion about redoing how we create movesets in this thread so that we don't have to make a whole moveset if we have one cool idea, and then immediately include a fighter I would have no issues with making a complete moveset for.

Anyway, the foremost question about Eggman: what is he going to be in? The way I see it, there's three options:
  • Nothing; he's just on foot.
  • The Egg Mobile, which he uses basically all the time.
  • The Egg Walker, which he uses in his playable appearance in SA2.
It gets a little complicated because you could also give him a gimmick that allows him to do multiple of these at once, but something has to be his default.

As for my personal opinion on this: I'm not interested in an on-foot moveset. Or even an on-foot component of the moveset. He is not on foot particularly often in the series, so I would find it odd for him to be shown that way in Smash.

Between the remaining two, I could go either way. The Egg Mobile is what he uses a lot, but I fear it might not animate well "running" and "jumping". The Egg Walker is specifically designed to make him playable in a platformer, but it's exclusive to SA2 - even if it is basically just the Egg Mobile with legs.

I think out of all of the options, I'm a fan of using the Egg Walker and then making the Egg Mobile an up-B that's particularly central to his gameplay. That feels like a good compromise to me.
I think since the egg walker could be destroyed I think having a mechanic where the Walker had limited hp and to fix it you need to rack up damage on foot, I dont know why that just seems unique to me

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Just for reference, this only disqualifies Sega for the base game, right? I'm assuming they're back on the table for DLC.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but on that note, how long will the DLC go? Just two passes like with SSBU, or will it go on for longer? Just curious.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, here is our current timeline regarding the inclusion of Dr. Eggman into Infinite. This is to help prime our submitters for future content and for transparency purposes. This will be all the content shown in the trailer segment:

• Dr. Eggman Gameplay + Attribute and/or Gimmick submission and voting
  • Dr. Eggman Moveset + Additional Content submissions (utilizing our Moveset Submission Mark 2 Prototype)
  • New Sonic stage
  • New Sonic Mii Costume + Tails or Knuckles to return (deconfirms)
  • New Sega-oriented Mii Costume (deconfirms)
  • Dr. Eggman Alt Costume Submissions + Sonic's 4 Alt costumes
Let's begin submitting for
Dr. Eggman's gameplay + attribute and/or Gimmick submissions

This is the first phase for our Moveset Submission Mark 2 Prototype or MSM2P for short. During this phase, we will submitting the following content for Dr. Eggman...
  1. Gameplay Features (How does the character player? Reading up on character mechanics at SSBWiki will help understand the nuances of Smash crafting.)
  2. Attributes (Is the character heavy? How heavy are they? How fast is the walking speed? These are all helpful information to help better visualize the character.)
  3. Gimmick (Not all character's have gimmicks so this is optional but if you want to give Dr. Eggman one, such as Kazuya/s Rage Art or Olimar's Pikmin Order, you can do so here.)
When submitting content, please try to be detailed but don't worry if you can't write an entire thesis. Well-thought out and articulate pieces are what we are looking for in submissions. Now, in regards to what can be submitted, we are accepting two forms of Dr. Eggman...
  1. Dr. Eggman on a mech or machine
  2. Dr. Eggman not on a mech or a machine
We have a feeling that most submissions will cover the first option but we wanted to leave the second option for those who may want to explore it. If we have more than two submissions for both options, we will have individual voting periods to decide which one we will go with before eventually doing a vote of "with mech vs no mech". If we don't have any submissions for one of the options we will forgo this pathway and just do a typical voting period.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
What about duck hunt finding a family that loves him due to being tossed out for being too annoying
That would actually be really heart warming so I'd love that

would you mind if i came up with a list of desires and nightmare scenarios for all of the characters (or at least most of them)?
Yeah I wouldn't mind. Not sure how leadership would want that done just in case we actually role with it though

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Kirby succumbing to Dark Matter possession with Zero finally taking over Popstar.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 138:

Neutral Special: Badniks:

Briefly taking out a comical-looking hand radio, Eggman yells "Attack!" or "Deploy here NOW!", before one of six Badniks arrive to fight alongside him. One of the following may be summoned in a cycle, and only one of each Badnik can be out at a time:

1625800371757.png

Motobug:
A speedy little robot who's all about taking the ground side of things. Dude's as fast as Fox's dash and deals 8% damage per every time he hits an opponent.

1625801017659.png

Caterkiller:
These little guys are slow, but every part of its body is an active hitbox, hitting anyone for 5% damage. They can only be hit on the head portion of the robot. Otherwise, it will damage any opponents.

1625801111467.png

Buzz Bomber:
A bee-shaped Badnik who flies across the skies and occasionally fires a single projectile at a downwards 45 degree angle. They deal 6.5% damage and some medium knockback, but they're helpless while flying.

1625801190852.png

Orbinaut:
A stationary enemy that causes spiked metal balls to orbit around it, alternating between close to the body and far. You can try to kill them, but you'll have to wait until there's a big enough gap in between the spikes. Running into a spike deals 7% damage.

1625802429787.png

Eggrobo:
For the first time since Smash 3DS, the Eggrobo makes a return! He works partially like like a cross between Orbinaut and Buzz Bomber, being stationary and firing at anyone in range, just like what it does sometimes in Smash Run! What makes the Eggrobo different is that it takes 3 hits to kill, unlike the previous four.

1625803388110.png

Egg Pawn:
The final robot to summon, the Egg Pawn is armed with a spear and a shield. The shield defends any projectiles passively like Link and Hero, while he jabs with the spear at anyone who gets close enough to the Egg Pawn. Much like the Eggrobo, the Egg Pawn takes three hits to destroy.

With six out at a time, it becomes utter madness, though considering how stupid-nuts the range of other fighters' attacks might be, that's not much of an issue. The Badniks attacking your foes for you means combo potential with each robot is through the roof. It's also a quick summon as well, so you'll find it easy to do out of shield. Badniks are the basic bread-and-butter of Dr. Eggman's kit spawned from his character: Eggman always sends robots to do his dirty work, and normally doesn't go to the front lines himself.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here us my proposition for the Eggman moveset, their are arguments for that Eggman should be in his Mech, or on his feet well my fighter idea will compromise that:
Officialeggman.png

Eggman will start his battle in his Egg Walker Mk2, a new version of his SA2 Egg Walker. The Eggwalker will give the following attributes:

• Eggman will be a heavyweight on par with bowser (possibly a bit lighter though)
  • Eggman's mech will give him two jumps as well as a jet glide maneuver (think Peach's parasol glide)
  • The Walker will have slow walking speed but a modest dashing speed.
  • The Walker has low knockback.
The Eggwalker Mk2 features many types of weaponry and traps for Eggman to use.

Jab: A short ranged bullet attack, low damage but can flinch (like mega man's neutral), based on the SA2 Eggwalker basic bullet attack.

Forward tilt: Shoots put a boxing glove, decent knockback and modest damage but slow with some windup, based on the SA2 Walker's boxing glove attack during its fight with Tails.

Up tilt: Eggman comes out of the cockpit a does an uppercut, shortranged but decent damage.

Down tilt: Willturn into his drill mobile, the first boss of Sonic 2, to sweep his opponents, can give medium knockback and can trip anyone at the very tip of the drill but wont cause damage if it does trip

Dash attack: A giant buzzsaw will pop out the front and the mech will turn into a car a dash though the opposition, causes damage over time.

Forward smash attack: Launches a large laser beam that can cause big damage and heavily weaken barriers, slow windup and cooldown, based on his SAW ultimate attack in the battle mode.

Up smash attack: Transforms into the Quartz Quandrant Mech from Sonic CD, in context it's a giant flat anvil shaped mech with a spike drill on the top, causes lots of scratch damage and is quick and dangerous.

Down smash attack: Will turn into his Hammer Mech from Sonic 2 which drops a bug hammer in front of him causing a chance of burying, easily exploitable after the attack though.

Up aerial: The Laser Tentacle from his marble zone encounter zaps anything above.

Forward aerial: Will drop exploding bombs from his death egg battle.

Back aerial: Use his jet legs to shoot blue fire from behind.

Down aerial: Uses his classic Sonic 1 Wrecking Ball that swings back and forth, possibly thr slowest but strongest of the attack type in the game.

Neutral aerial: The bubbles from his Sonic 2 Metropolis battle revolves around him in a fast but reliable keep away tool.

Neutral special: Locking Missles: a laser reticle is flashes in a horizontal line and if it locks onto a target (can lock onto 3 targets maximum) Eggman pauses and relases a missile that homes in on the target, based on his charged attack in SA2, can be exploited as the paused state makes Eggman vulnerable

Forward special: Egg Beatle Piledriver: Will turn into the Egg Beatle from Unleashed and tries to grab the opponent, same as Bowser's side special where it ends in a piledriver maneuver, however the Egg Beatle will flip for a shorter distance. If interrupted Eggman will be in freefall.

Down Special: Hot Ball: an amiable ball (with reticle arc) that takes the form of a spiky mine, strong on impact and splits into short ranged shrapnel, based on the Sonic 3 Hotmobile

Up special: Jet Boost: Same as ROB's up special, a jet blast that blasts him off, with some small fire damage if someone touches the feet.

Grab: Turns into Big Arms from Sonic 3 and grabs the fighter.

Pummel: Big Arms crushes the player

Up throw: Big Arms tosses the fighter upwards

Down throw: He turns into the Aquamobile from Sonic 3 and uses the propeller to grind the opponenet

Forward throw: Turns into the Palmtree Panic Boss from Sonic CD and uses the front bumpers to push the player back

Back throw: Quickly stuffs them inside a cannon and blasts them back.

Final smash: Egg Dragoon, shoots a huge laser in the center of the arena and hits the outliers with mini missles.

Unique Sheild: Phantom Egg: Can turn into the Mania Phantom Egg, acts the same as a normal shield but you can uses some of its energy to use a pulsating shock attack
Phantom_Egg_02.jpg

Your wondering that this moveset seems a bit unbalanced. There is a reason for that, the Walker has limited hp (about 30-45 damage), and once it breaks down Eggman will be on foot, as a result Eggman needs to properly count on the Walker's slow weaknesses and find a way to get the mech back. Ypu can regain it by damaging other foes as Eggman or wait for a slow meter to fill, once finished the brackets will be blue and he can taunt to summon it again.
Eggman_robotnik.png

Normal Eggman Stats
1. Eggman will be medium weight the same as Ryu or Ken.
2. Eggman will have decent dashing abilities
3. Eggman will have two jumps but no glide
4. Eggman is lightweight and is susuptable to knockback.

Eggman will use this form to summons his various Badnicks to assist him. However and unique the Badnicks involved in his smash and regular attacks can be destroyed making him vulnerable since he now cant use that attack.

Jab: A simple 1 2 punch combo, pretty standard

Forward tilt: Uses his jetpack to dash forward very quickly.

Up tilt: A Sonic 1 Piranha jumps out of his backpack to briefly bite the opponents.

Down tilt: A leg slide that is quick but weak, however it can also trip

Dash attack: A Motobug will let Eggman ride him like a moped and run over anyone in his way

Forward smash attack: A Sonic 2 Shellcracker will do its signature forward punch with its extendable fist.

Up smash attack: A pair of the Labyrinth Zone Moles drill out from both of his sides hitting side by side, wont affect directly above him

Down smash attack: A pair of Flying Battery Mice sweep the floor they can attack any ground targets, wont work in air.

Up aerial: A Sonic 1 Dragonfly Badnick rapidly flaps its wings, it rides on eggman's back and also slows down his fall.

Forward aerial: An awkward forward kick, weird range but decent damage

Back aerial: His jetpack launches fire backwards which gives good knockback

Neutral aerial: The flies from Wacky Workbench revolves a wrecking ball around Eggman, same as the Walker Neutral air otherwise.

Down aerial: Uses his jetpack to launch some fire, same as the Walker's down arial.

Neutral special: Eggrobo: An Eggrobo will teleport and will stay in one spot and whack opponents with a beam baton, there can be multible of them (max 4) and they can knock fighters into other eggrobos causing a chain reaction, they only take a few hits before destroyed

In the air they become Jet Eggrobos which stall players with there stunning laser beams, there can be maximum of 2 alongside the normal Eggrobos, they are independent so you can technically create 6 eggrobos at once.

Forward special: Asteron Shuriken: He tosses an explosive Sonic 2 Asteron that can be manipulated to have a slight upward or downward arc, will explode into 5 short ranged projectiles when exploded, can be good damage if done right but slow and hard to aim.

Down special: Chemical Blast: That chemical from Chemcial Plant Zone can be charged up like FLUDD and used as a forward pushing jetstream, however the charge is slightly slower and instead of pushing them back it slows down the opponent and makes them slightly heavy for a few seconds.

Up special: Jetpack: Use his Jetpack and acts as a shorter version of the Jetpack item. Once the feul is put it launches upwards and explodes in a small explosive radius.

Grab: The infamous Sonic 2 Slicer uses its hook hands to grab the fighter and into Eggman.

Pummel: Slicer crunches its pincers tightly to cut deeply.

Up throw: Hermit Crabs from Sonic 3 Hydrocity launches the opponent upwards on a spiked rocket, the explosion from the rocket causes weak damage to other opponents as well.

Down throw: The Flying Green Hill Chameleons jet the opponent either backwards or forwards depend on the direction of the graphics and push them slightly back

Forward throw: Slicer tosses the opponent forwards.

Back throw: Slicer tosses the opponent backwards.

Final smash: Egg Dragoon, same as last time and Eggman will gain his Walker again.

In conclusion Eggman needs to use his many abilities and weakness of his both forms to succeed in smash

I'll admit it, I never made a smash moveset, so I hope this moveset is coherent enough for you to understand the goal I have for this moveset and give me feedback if okay with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom