• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which Rayman stage should we include?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Since I do have some time, tonight we will be doing another Mii costume submission round along with a Global Event but I will be giving you all the theme of the newcomer submission. We will start it tomorrow morning EST.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Shrine Maiden Mii Mage

Dragon of Dojima Mii Brawler

We do already have a Kiryu Mii Costume. Mii Head would be in dragons mouth. Outfit would loosley follow Tattoos pattern with claws, tail, & different scales around chest & back.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Kabuki-3-0.jpg

1369304527768.png

Kabuki Theatre Costume (Swordfighter. Uses a big stick)

Bahamut Costume (Final Fantasy. Mage)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Atari Dragons

Has arms and legs added, and the tail made more cat-like (goes out the back instead of curling into the front) so it doesn't interfere with seeing the legs. Can be all colours, not just the 3 used in the original game. 3D voxel style.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, so here is our theme of the newcomer! To reflect it being the Festival of Frost, the character must fulfill the following criteria:
  • 3rd party
  • Must be from a recent gaming franchise (started in the 2000’s onwards)
  • Relatively popular/well-known franchise
  • Must tick off one of the following boxes (needs to fulfill at least one of the below criteria)
    • has ice powers or ice powers among other powers
    • the game setting is connected to winter/cold/etc
  • Now, I know that not to many ice-based characters are common so I have extended submission to also be accepted if they have a:
    • has a white and/or blue color scheme
    • has a gold and/or silver color scheme
  • That being said, having ice powers is an important aspect of the submissions due to the festival.
Criteria is subject to change

PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR OPTIONS. WE START IN 12 HOURS

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Alright, so here is our theme of the newcomer! To reflect it being the Festival of Frost, the character must fulfill the following criteria:
  • 3rd party
  • Must tick off one of the following boxes (needs to fulfill at least one of the below criteria)
  • Now, I know that not to many ice-based characters are common so I have extended submission to also be accepted if they have a:
    • has a white or blue color scheme
    • has a gold or silver color scheme
  • That being said, having ice powers is an important aspect of the submissions due to the festival.
Criteria is subject to change

PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR OPTIONS. WE START IN 12 HOURS
...I just got the perfect one...though I think others have thought of it too.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the Ice Pokemon voting!

Name4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Vanilluxe1 (4)1 (3)018
Lapras1 (4)02 (4)210
Iron Bundle1 (4)1 (3)2 ()4011
Glaceon1 (4)2 (6)0010
Glalie2 (8)2 (6)1 (2)016
Sealeo001 (2)35

Due to gaining the most amount of votes, Glalie will be our Ice-type Pokemon!

Next, here are our Japanese-themed Mii Costumes and our Dragon-themed Costumes

Japanese-themed Mii Costume
View attachment 383437
Tanuki (Mii Mage)

The Tanuki is a shape-shifting raccoon dog youkai from Japanese folklore. In Smash, the Mii Mage will have a large kasa hat on a tanuki-themed hood while the outfit itself is a furry fatsuit like in the statue above. The catalyst for their magic is the drinking gourd in its hand.

Dragon
View attachment 383438
Kalameet (Dark Souls)

A descendent of the Primordial Archdragons of yore, Kalameet was born with unique characteristics due to the "disparity" brought on by the lighting of the First Flame, most notably its singular orange eye. He even survived the war on the ancient dragons brought on by Lord Gwyn due to its scales not possessing the same weakness to lightning as other dragons.

In Smash, the Kalameet set will consist of its head, adorned by the signature orange eye, and its outfit would be based on the spiny and crooked torso of Kalameet itself.
Japanese Mii Costume

Happi (Brawler/Swordfighter)

Can either be a Brawler or Swordfighter, with the Brawler outfit coming with gloves like in Mario's outfit, or the Swordfighter outfit coming with those brown stick things (that I don't know the name of) that Peach is holding as a sword.

Mario (Happi)
Peach (Happi)

Dragon Mii Costume

Dragonite (Pokemon)

The only Dragon type evolution line in Generation 1 and one of the most iconic Dragon types in the series.

View attachment 383441
Draconic Mii: Hydrapple (Pokemon)
View attachment 383440
Hydrapple is a Pokemon introduced in the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC. This unique Pokemon serves as the basis for an even more unique Mii Costume. I was going to make a mockup image, but I found this image on google and it more-or-less captures what I was going for.
Notably, this wouldn't be a "premium" Mii Costume: The top mouth of Hydrapple would open up to show the face of the mii.
Japanese Mii costume: Tengu Mask
Shrine Maiden Mii Mage

Dragon of Dojima Mii Brawler

We do already have a Kiryu Mii Costume. Mii Head would be in dragons mouth. Outfit would loosley follow Tattoos pattern with claws, tail, & different scales around chest & back.
View attachment 383468
View attachment 383469
Kabuki Theatre Costume (Swordfighter. Uses a big stick)

Bahamut Costume (Final Fantasy. Mage)
Atari Dragons

Has arms and legs added, and the tail made more cat-like (goes out the back instead of curling into the front) so it doesn't interfere with seeing the legs. Can be all colours, not just the 3 used in the original game. 3D voxel style.
Japanese Mii Costume: Kimono

View attachment 383473
Dragon Mii Costume: Grigori (Dragon's Dogma)

View attachment 383479
My submission for the dragon costume
Raptros (War of the Monsters)

This coustume will be a Mii Brawler one, with Raptros head being the helmet and Raptros wings being on the back
I will also be submitting:

Fisherman Mii Swordfighter

Wields a giant cooking knife. The coiled bandana around the head plus goatee and apron along with kimono and coiled suspenders. Apron included.

Magma Dragoon (Mega Man X)
Unique as it covers the entire body aking it, technically, deluxe.

Japanese Themed
  • Tanuki Mii Mage (minus the nutsack)
  • Happi Mii Fighter Outfit (all classes)
  • Tengu Mask (all classes)
  • Shrine Maiden Mii Mage
  • Kabuki Costume Mii Swordfighter
  • Fisherman Mii Swordfighter

Dragon Mii Costume
  • Kalameet (Dark Souls)
  • Dragonite (Pokemon)
  • Hydrapple (Pokemon)
  • Dragon of Dojima (Yakuza) <-Had I been paying attention nirvanafan nirvanafan I would have veoted this as I don't think it's applicable due to being rather vague and a part of a character - not an actually character)
  • Bahamut (Final Fantasy)
  • Atari Dragons (Atari Dragons)
  • Grigori (Dragon's Dogma)
  • Raptros (War of the Monsters)
  • Magma Dragoon (Mega Man)

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be submitting a Mii Costume but, remember, we are going to be submitting a newcomer tomorrow that has a basis of ice powers or ice powers along with others OR a color scheme that is blue and/or white or gold and/or silver. This is to reflect both winter and new years.

Submit a Mii Athlete Mii Costume

Due to lacking a Mii AThlete Outfit in the past festival, we will be including one in this one. It does not have to be tied with winter or new years but it can be. When submitting, please identify any changes this costume may cause the athletic equipment.

Submit a Global Event

This Festival will be active during New Year so we will need a Global Event that occurs during the local time when the time becomes 0:00 and the New Year starts. This will be a Global Event in the Smash Hub and will be visible during this time. In addition, collectibles will also be available to be purchased during this time.

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
Mii athlete costume -
Swordfighting
young-man-and-woman-fencing.jpg

The mii would come with the swordfighters very basic white outfit covering both the legs and the chest and arm area
The mii costume would also have the mask used by swordfighters to cover their eyes

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be commencing our newcomer submissions!

I always look forward to this day as it is fun to see what someone comes up with but also it is exciting to see who will join our huge roster. That being said, for me, the joy and excitement have slowly faded away. It almost felt like Christmas with lots of potential for surprises. I remember DJ Octavio being one of those times when it was exciting to get a newcomer and the anticipation that led to that. Anyways, we will be kicking off our newcomer.

To reiterate; here are our criteria. I added one more criterion that can be filled but is optional:

• 3rd party
    • has holy/light-based powers
  • Now, I know that not too many ice-based characters are common so I have extended submission to also be accepted if they have a:
    • has a white and/or blue color scheme
    • has a gold and/or silver color scheme

The reason why I chose ice is because 1) the festival of frost and 2) we don't have many ice-based characters. That is limiting hence why I opened it up to other criteria. The color criteria will be STRICTLY ENFORCED and I reserve the right to veto submissions without a huge explanation. If I feel the character in unfit, I will deny that character and give a summary of why. My main focus is the first set of criteria as that is more "on topic" compared to the color criteria. I will be watching submissions closely.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Can I submit Peppino Spaghetti? He has a white colour scheme so theoretically he should be elegible, but I feel like it might be worth asking since he's associated with hot and spicy food, which is a bit antithetical to a winter theme.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Jin Kisaragi - BlazBlue

Another decently big fighting ip from ArkSys (we already added Sol Badguy/Guilty Gear). 1st game was released in 2008 & has appeared at several EVOs & had a big crossover game that saw the likes of Persona, RWBY, & Senran Kagura (Yumi would also fit this theme decently). Where Ragna is considered the series protag his brother & rival Jin (& Noel) are also major characters heavily promoted for the franchise. Finally Jin moveset in the series also normally consists of both sword & Snow/Ice attacks.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I tried it once and goddammit I'll try it again!

SMASHER

True Name: Artoria Pendragon
Company: Type-Moon
Debut: Fate/stay night (2004)
Universe: Fate/Nasuverse
Class: Smasher
Qualifying Classes: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Caster, Rider, Assassin, Berserker, Ruler, Foreigner​

Artoria Pendragon is a Servant, a Heroic Spirit of a figure from history summoned by a mage for a Holy Grail War, and one of the three heroines of the visual novel video game, Fate/stay night. Ever since her debut in the 2004 PC game, Artoria has been one of the most popular characters in the series.

Artoria fits the criteria for this job:
  • She's a third party from 2004
  • Fate is wildly popular, with several anime, manga, and games under its belt.
  • Her signature weapon is a holy sword, the legendary Excalibur
  • Stay/night takes place during the winter season (From January 31st to February 15th) and was first released on January 30th, during the winter.
  • Her outfit is majorly blue
As stated before, we can use her Skills in her kit. To recap:
  • Magic Resistance: As it states, it is the protection against the effects of magic.
  • Riding: A Skill usually reserved for Rider-class Servants, Saber here actually possesses a decent level of Riding, as knights are described as soldiers proficient at mounted combat.
  • Charisma: An innate charm and ability to command armies, usually reserved for leaders like her. Maybe it could be flavored in here as a taunt?
  • Instinct: The ability to practically see attacks coming and calculate the best possible course of action. This could be a dodge mechanic identical to the likes of Bayonetta and Mythra.
  • Mana Burst: The ability to expel magical energy to augment her abilities. This quite obviously can be her Neutral Special.
Then there's the idea of making her sword invisible at the start while giving you the option to dispel the wind for a damage buff, and then the "Smasher" class idea which basically blends her other classes like Lancer, Caster, and Archer together for ease of making the kit. In short, just as much a dedication to the Fate series as this is a dedication to Artoria herself.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can I submit Peppino Spaghetti? He has a white colour scheme so theoretically he should be elegible, but I feel like it might be worth asking since he's associated with hot and spicy food, which is a bit antithetical to a winter theme.
Yea, Peppino would doesn’t scream winter to us. While white and/or blue are allowed; it needs to still have connection to winter.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Newcomer from Festival of Frost: Lich King (World of Warcraft)

images (7).jpeg

Lich King is the villain from World of Warcraft series, he was Arthas Menethil,a son of the king Lordearon,Arthas has obssessed of saving people from his kingdom who he became corrupted and becaming a Death Knight,Arthas was going to a frozen throne who it was frozen Ner'zhul's spirit,Arthas and Ner'zhul are fused becaming the Lich King.

Lich King fits on this criteria who are
  • He's from a recent franchise,who World of Warcraft started in 2004
  • World of Warcraft is a pouplar MMO RPG series
  • Lich King have ice manipulation
  • Lich King have light manipulation
  • The own Lich King can have connection of winter/cold/ice,because he have a place who is Icecrown,his sword is called Frostmourme and he have a frozen throne
  • Lich King have a blue scheme who is his eyes,his sword and a little bit his armor

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Newcomer: Sans (Undertale)

Smash Ultimate Sans by JDMH on DeviantArt

Yeah, I know but hear me out.

Sans is a (infamous) character in Undertale who is supposed to be one of the guards at Snowdin Village and whose past is unknown. However, he is rather lazy with a knack for making puns and pranks. Despite his laid-back attitude and status as "the easiest enemy", Sans has proven himself to be extremely observant and dangerous when pushed too far, becoming the final challenge the player faces on the Genocide Route and the toughest opponent in the game. And of course, he is one of the reasons why Undertale has become mainstream as it did in the past.

As for fitting the criteria:
  • Sans has white and blue colors from his boney skin and hoodie. His flashing eye is blue mixed with yellow.
  • Undertale was an recent game in 2015.
  • Undertale become quite popular and mainstream at the time to the point it led Sans earning a costume in Smash Ultimate along with many fanworks, merchandise, and a similar popular sister game Deltarune under its belt.
  • Sans lives in Snowdin in the game, an place that is always in winter and even has a Christmas tree and gifts under it at the town. Giving him a connection to winter and snow.
  • Sans's magic technically counts as something holy. It is poison to those who has sins crawling under their skin.

Last edited:

keleyeemoh

Smash Apprentice
Madeline (Celeste)

Madeline could have a unique moveset, drawing inspiration from her climbing and acrobatic abilities. She would also resonate with a diverse audience, bringing more attention to her inclusion.

Criteria:

• Celeste is from indie studio Maddy Makes Games.
  • The game was released in 2018.
  • It has gained huge accolades from fans and critics alike.
  • The game takes place on Celeste Mountain, an icy mountain in Canada. Madeline also wears winter clothes to reflect this.

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
newcomer submission -
blue knight (castle crashers)
12-122929_castle-crashers-wiki-blue-knight-castle-crashers-hd.png

in terms of criteria -
  • the original castle crashers came out in 2008
  • castle crashers has been a popular game for years and has only increased in popularity after it´s release in 2012 on steam and the remastered version coming out
  • blue knight is the ice user of the group
  • blue knight also has a blue and white color scheme
  • castle crashers has been released on a nintedo console with castle crashers remastered being released on the switch in 2019
additionaly to the original criteria -
blue knight could have great costumes and alt colors representing some of the over 25 playable characters in castle crashers
blue knight also isnt lacking in terms of moveset potential having both a melee weapon but also plenty of ice projectiles

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Amaterasu
Okami

Amaterasu is the main character from the series Okami and is a Goddess who can summon the elements for attacks including ice aside from brush-based attacks which would prove to be quite an interesting moveset. Amaterasu's bipedal nature would also be unique as we lack that in our roster. In addition to Amaterasu, we would get Okami content along with her including stage and music. Amaterasu, while not entirely using ice, would have access to an ice move or two in her kit. Finally, one aspect about Amaterasu is that she has a white and red color scheme which reflects that of shrine maidens in Japan who are present during New Year festivities.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Current Submission List:

• Jin Kasaragi (BlazBlue)
  • Faber (Fate/Stay)
  • Lich King (Warcraft)
  • Sans (Undertale)
  • Madeline (Celeste)
  • Blue Knight (Castle Crasher)
  • Amaterasu (Okami)

For those who want to submit content, here are some from the top of my head:

Jack Frost (Persona/Shin Megami)
Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
X (Mega Man)
Zero (Mega Man)
Glacius (Killer Instinct)
Kula Diamond (King of Fighters)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Xenohort (Kingdom Hearts)
Hunter (Monster Hunter)

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
X (Mega Man)
Zero (Mega Man)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Add Blanc/White Heart from Neptunia to the list. 😉

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Honestly kinda surprised so far. I thought one of y'all would submit Cirno as our second Touhou rep.

keleyeemoh

Smash Apprentice
Current Submission List:

• Jin Kasaragi (BlazBlue)
  • Faber (Fate/Stay)
  • Lich King (Warcraft)
  • Sans (Undertale)
  • Madeline (Celeste)
  • Blue Knight (Castle Crasher)
  • Amaterasu (Okami)

Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
X (Mega Man)
Zero (Mega Man)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Aren’t some of those from pre-2000?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts)

One of the main characters of Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep and the protagonist of Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-

While she is a Keyblade Wielder, her fighting style is completely different and she tends to have a focus on using Spells and Magic when compared to Sora. specifically she is shown using the Blizzard line of spells more often than other characters.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting for Mii Costumes!!

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Tanuki3 (15)1 (4)05 (10)131
Happi2 (10)02 (6)2 (4)222
Tengu2 (10)3 (12)00224
Shrine Maiden1 (5)2 (8)2 (6)1 (2)122
Kabuki1 (5)4 (16)3 (9)0232
Fisherman1 (5)03 (9)2 (4)220

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Kalameet01 (4)1 (3)4 (8)116
Dragonite5 (2)501 (3)1 (2)030
Hydrapple2 (10)2 (8)1 (3)0223
Bahamut01 (4)3 (9)1 (2)217
Atari Dragons2 (10)1 (4)1 (3)0017
Grigori001 (3)1 (2)16
Raptros01 (4)01 (2)28
Magma Dragoon1 (5)3 (12)1 (3)1 (2)123

With that being said, we will accept the top two from the Japanese Mii Costumes and the top 1 from the Dragon Costumes. The Tanuki Mii Mage and the Kabuki Mii Swordfighter will join the Dragonite Mii Brawler.

We will be voting for both the newcomer and the Mii Athlete costume together tomorrow.

Top Bottom