• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with for our winter/star-based fourth party Mii costume

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

KOS-MOS is one of the major characters from the Xenosaga series. She has a blue and white color scheme fitting the criteria. She would use an android based moveset and be another robot addition to the roster. She was extremely popular to the point of being added as DLC in later Xenoblade games.

XSF Encyclopedia picture KOS-MOS.png

Last edited:

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Sub-Zero.png

Sub-Zero
Mortal Kombat is a pretty big series that doesn't have any representation on our roster yet. Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter is a rivalry on the level of Street Fighter vs Tekken, Mario vs Sonic, Pokemon vs Digimon and others. There is the obvious issue of the violence, but I don't think this is impossible to work around considering Sub-Zero appeared in Injustice 2. We could still reflect his brutal style and violent attacks without having Luigi get his heart ripped out.

I know some people may want Scorpion more and see him as the face of the franchise, but it's worth noting Sub-Zero gets just as much push, if not more. He had his own (bad) soon off game and is even featured very heavily in the story and marketing of the most recent game. I also think his moveset is more interesting, he can create frozen clones, shoot ice, freeze his foes, and more.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
DFFNT_Tifa_Lockhart_Costume_01-A.png

Tifa Lockheart
She has white in her outfit, FF7 itself has snow based areas, and for some reason her moveset in Dissida 2 was themed around ice magic. We have FF7 rebirth coming out very soon and this could be a fun tie in. She's super popular, being one do the biggest female characters in Boston and one of the most iconic JRPG party members of all time. Does FF7 need three characters? No. But it would be funny.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Blanc/CPU White Heart (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
Blanc_V2.png

• She has white+blue color scheme
  • Lives in a nation with snow (Lowee, unless is the Ultradimension one)
  • Bonus - She's based on the Nintendo Wii.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our submissions!
Jin Kisaragi - BlazBlue

Another decently big fighting ip from ArkSys (we already added Sol Badguy/Guilty Gear). 1st game was released in 2008 & has appeared at several EVOs & had a big crossover game that saw the likes of Persona, RWBY, & Senran Kagura (Yumi would also fit this theme decently). Where Ragna is considered the series protag his brother & rival Jin (& Noel) are also major characters heavily promoted for the franchise. Finally Jin moveset in the series also normally consists of both sword & Snow/Ice attacks.
I tried it once and goddammit I'll try it again!

SMASHER

True Name: Artoria Pendragon
Company: Type-Moon
Debut: Fate/stay night (2004)
Universe: Fate/Nasuverse
Class: Smasher
Qualifying Classes: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Caster, Rider, Assassin, Berserker, Ruler, Foreigner​

Artoria Pendragon is a Servant, a Heroic Spirit of a figure from history summoned by a mage for a Holy Grail War, and one of the three heroines of the visual novel video game, Fate/stay night. Ever since her debut in the 2004 PC game, Artoria has been one of the most popular characters in the series.

Artoria fits the criteria for this job:
  • She's a third party from 2004
  • Fate is wildly popular, with several anime, manga, and games under its belt.
  • Her signature weapon is a holy sword, the legendary Excalibur
  • Stay/night takes place during the winter season (From January 31st to February 15th) and was first released on January 30th, during the winter.
  • Her outfit is majorly blue
As stated before, we can use her Skills in her kit. To recap:
  • Magic Resistance: As it states, it is the protection against the effects of magic.
  • Riding: A Skill usually reserved for Rider-class Servants, Saber here actually possesses a decent level of Riding, as knights are described as soldiers proficient at mounted combat.
  • Charisma: An innate charm and ability to command armies, usually reserved for leaders like her. Maybe it could be flavored in here as a taunt?
  • Instinct: The ability to practically see attacks coming and calculate the best possible course of action. This could be a dodge mechanic identical to the likes of Bayonetta and Mythra.
  • Mana Burst: The ability to expel magical energy to augment her abilities. This quite obviously can be her Neutral Special.
Then there's the idea of making her sword invisible at the start while giving you the option to dispel the wind for a damage buff, and then the "Smasher" class idea which basically blends her other classes like Lancer, Caster, and Archer together for ease of making the kit. In short, just as much a dedication to the Fate series as this is a dedication to Artoria herself.
Newcomer from Festival of Frost: Lich King (World of Warcraft)

View attachment 383538

Lich King is the villain from World of Warcraft series, he was Arthas Menethil,a son of the king Lordearon,Arthas has obssessed of saving people from his kingdom who he became corrupted and becaming a Death Knight,Arthas was going to a frozen throne who it was frozen Ner'zhul's spirit,Arthas and Ner'zhul are fused becaming the Lich King.

Lich King fits on this criteria who are
  • He's from a recent franchise,who World of Warcraft started in 2004
  • World of Warcraft is a pouplar MMO RPG series
  • Lich King have ice manipulation
  • Lich King have light manipulation
  • The own Lich King can have connection of winter/cold/ice,because he have a place who is Icecrown,his sword is called Frostmourme and he have a frozen throne
  • Lich King have a blue scheme who is his eyes,his sword and a little bit his armor
Newcomer: Sans (Undertale)

Smash Ultimate Sans by JDMH on DeviantArt

Yeah, I know but hear me out.

Sans is a (infamous) character in Undertale who is supposed to be one of the guards at Snowdin Village and whose past is unknown. However, he is rather lazy with a knack for making puns and pranks. Despite his laid-back attitude and status as "the easiest enemy", Sans has proven himself to be extremely observant and dangerous when pushed too far, becoming the final challenge the player faces on the Genocide Route and the toughest opponent in the game. And of course, he is one of the reasons why Undertale has become mainstream as it did in the past.

As for fitting the criteria:
  • Sans has white and blue colors from his boney skin and hoodie. His flashing eye is blue mixed with yellow.
  • Undertale was an recent game in 2015.
  • Undertale become quite popular and mainstream at the time to the point it led Sans earning a costume in Smash Ultimate along with many fanworks, merchandise, and a similar popular sister game Deltarune under its belt.
  • Sans lives in Snowdin in the game, an place that is always in winter and even has a Christmas tree and gifts under it at the town. Giving him a connection to winter and snow.
  • Sans's magic technically counts as something holy. It is poison to those who has sins crawling under their skin.
Madeline (Celeste)

Madeline could have a unique moveset, drawing inspiration from her climbing and acrobatic abilities. She would also resonate with a diverse audience, bringing more attention to her inclusion.

Criteria:

• Celeste is from indie studio Maddy Makes Games.
  • The game was released in 2018.
  • It has gained huge accolades from fans and critics alike.
  • The game takes place on Celeste Mountain, an icy mountain in Canada. Madeline also wears winter clothes to reflect this.
newcomer submission -
blue knight (castle crashers)
View attachment 383559
in terms of criteria -
  • the original castle crashers came out in 2008
  • castle crashers has been a popular game for years and has only increased in popularity after it´s release in 2012 on steam and the remastered version coming out
  • blue knight is the ice user of the group
  • blue knight also has a blue and white color scheme
  • castle crashers has been released on a nintedo console with castle crashers remastered being released on the switch in 2019
additionaly to the original criteria -
blue knight could have great costumes and alt colors representing some of the over 25 playable characters in castle crashers
blue knight also isnt lacking in terms of moveset potential having both a melee weapon but also plenty of ice projectiles

Amaterasu
Okami

Amaterasu is the main character from the series Okami and is a Goddess who can summon the elements for attacks including ice aside from brush-based attacks which would prove to be quite an interesting moveset. Amaterasu's bipedal nature would also be unique as we lack that in our roster. In addition to Amaterasu, we would get Okami content along with her including stage and music. Amaterasu, while not entirely using ice, would have access to an ice move or two in her kit. Finally, one aspect about Amaterasu is that she has a white and red color scheme which reflects that of shrine maidens in Japan who are present during New Year festivities.
Aqua (Kingdom Hearts)

One of the main characters of Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep and the protagonist of Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-

While she is a Keyblade Wielder, her fighting style is completely different and she tends to have a focus on using Spells and Magic when compared to Sora. specifically she is shown using the Blizzard line of spells more often than other characters.
KOS-MOS

KOS-MOS is one of the major characters from the Xenosaga series. She has a blue and white color scheme fitting the criteria. She would use an android based moveset and be another robot addition to the roster. She was extremely popular to the point of being added as DLC in later Xenoblade games.

XSF Encyclopedia picture KOS-MOS.png
View attachment 383581
Sub-Zero
Mortal Kombat is a pretty big series that doesn't have any representation on our roster yet. Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter is a rivalry on the level of Street Fighter vs Tekken, Mario vs Sonic, Pokemon vs Digimon and others. There is the obvious issue of the violence, but I don't think this is impossible to work around considering Sub-Zero appeared in Injustice 2. We could still reflect his brutal style and violent attacks without having Luigi get his heart ripped out.

I know some people may want Scorpion more and see him as the face of the franchise, but it's worth noting Sub-Zero gets just as much push, if not more. He had his own (bad) soon off game and is even featured very heavily in the story and marketing of the most recent game. I also think his moveset is more interesting, he can create frozen clones, shoot ice, freeze his foes, and more.
View attachment 383582
Tifa Lockheart
She has white in her outfit, FF7 itself has snow based areas, and for some reason her moveset in Dissida 2 was themed around ice magic. We have FF7 rebirth coming out very soon and this could be a fun tie in. She's super popular. Does FF7 need three characters? No. But it would be funny.
Blanc/CPU White Heart (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
View attachment 383583

• She has white+blue color scheme
  • Lives in a nation with snow (Lowee, unless is the Ultradimension one)
  • Bonus - She's based on the Nintendo Wii.
In listed form:
  • Jin Kasaragi (BlazBlue)
  • Faber (Fate/Stay)
  • Lich King (Warcraft)
  • Sans (Undertale)
  • Madeline (Celeste)
  • Blue Knight (Castle Crasher)
  • Amaterasu (Okami)
  • Aqua (Kingdom Hearts)
  • KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
  • Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
  • Tifa (FF7)
  • Blanc/CPU Whiteheart (Hyperdimension Neputinia)
We will be keeping submissions open for a few more hours so people can get content submitted.

Submissions are more or less as locked in unless under special circumstances.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I actually will be traveling today so I’m not sure when I will be able to get us voting. I mean, it’s all set but I want to focus on the trip. That being said, I want to encourage people to talk about these submissions. Which one stands out to you? Which one seems fun in regards to submissions? Do these submission fit the criteria? How would it hold up to content that is filled with winter-themed?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I was going to submit Papyrus, but I got sniped by Sans...
download (33).jpeg

I'm not joking - Sans is probably the last UTDR character I would want. Representing the game almost entirely through the Genocide route feels wrong. Obviously Sans appears in other routes, but it's hard to build a moveset out of aggressive laziness. Papyrus, Toriel, Susie, take your pick - please just not the funny bone man.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
View attachment 383588
I'm not joking - Sans is probably the last UTDR character I would want. Representing the game almost entirely through the Genocide route feels wrong. Obviously Sans appears in other routes, but it's hard to build a moveset out of aggressive laziness. Papyrus, Toriel, Susie, take your pick - please just not the funny bone man.
You can still submit him

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gonna submit Metal Sonic

He's blue and silver! I played a really fun PM mod of him a long while ago, and I think he'd have a really fun moveset - a Sonic fan favourite who could serve as a speedy ultraheavy. Plus he has a loose winter connection through the Sonic Mania Adventures Christmas special.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 383588
You can still sumbit Papyrus I don't mind. Any Undertale charatcer is good by me honestly. I've picked Sans because he's obviously the most popular character. Sans doesn't have to just represent the Genocide route of the game. His pranks can be incorporated into the moveset too.

If Sans doesn't make it here, i might submit Papyrus or Frisk next time.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here’s a couple of takeaways:

Aqua, Tifa, and Metal Sonic would loosen up a stage submission to allow us to submit a winter-based stage rather than a franchise-based stage.

Anyways, we will commence voting. Included is Wariox3 Metal Sonic submission.

In regards to the Mii Costume submission, the Fecner outfit was not included due to it being in our game previously during Infinite.

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE!!!!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Heyy, so, uh, the Newcomer form is kinda glitchin' out here. I picked my votes and it's not letting me submit.

Now I'm kinda starting to think we need some people to help Venus now. It's a shame the rest of the leadership from Infinite is uninterested AFAIK, but I really feel Venus shouldn't feel stressed from holding this up on his own.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Heyy, so, uh, the Newcomer form is kinda glitchin' out here. I picked my votes and it's not letting me submit.

Now I'm kinda starting to think we need some people to help Venus now. It's a shame the rest of the leadership from Infinite is uninterested AFAIK, but I really feel Venus shouldn't feel stressed from holding this up on his own.
I selected response for every section cause Hyper did not vote for every point. Just two spots. I forgott hat if you tick onn that box that its requires a vote for EVERY character.

So its confusing sometimes and I forgot sbouytr that. I will fix it tho.

SOrry doing this while on the rosd.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Other then my own submission. Personally, I think the Lich King, Sub-Zero, and Madeline are very good options for me.

Madeline would be quite the pick that I think many people would love. Make for a good representative for an diverse gaming audience.

Sub-Zero would be very cool (pun not intended) to see in since he's a popular character next to Scorpion. Mortal Kombat is one of the few popular fighting games not in Smash yet as a playable character.

And the more I think about it, The Lich King is a interesting good pick. He's not only a ice-based swordsman but also an villain that would introduce a new genre (MMORPG) to the Roster. I think he be a surprise good pick.

I'll be down with any of the three.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My only concern about Lich King is being too close to Nightmare.

Also Venus, I think you really more folks to help you on this thread. Can any of us help?
While I would appreciate the help, I feel that I wouldn’t want to put it on you guys to burden yourselves over it. I’ll mull it over.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
My only concern about Lich King is being too close to Nightmare.
Honestly, there's potential to set the Lich King apart from Nightmare.

Nightmare's definitely a lot more...physical, shall we say? We could make the Lich King a lot more magic-based, combining necromancy with ice magic.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Here's my discussion of the characters

Jin Kasaragi: i don't know a lot about BlazBlue,Jin Kasaragi is an okay submission and it's good of have one more a 3rd party character from a sane franchise who is not an echo fighter

Saber: Saber that could be interesting,and i don't know if she counts as a video game character,because there is the anime of Stay/Fate,also she can be probably the first public domain character who is a playable character, Saber is based on King Arthur

Lich King: well,now my submission,look i'm not a biggest expert in World of Warcraft lore,i just knew him because i watched videos about him,Lich King can introduce one more video game genre for Smash Infinite who is MMO RPG and he is a villain over the protagonist

Sans: DUUUUUUUUDE!, i can believe that Sans can win, becuase it's very obvious, Undertale was a biggest popular thing in 2015-2017 and people are still Undertale fans, he is a winner of the Tumblr sexyman tournament, he is in Smash Ultimate as a Mii costume and etc, Sans is litterally a internet icon

Madeline: and talking about indie games, Madeline is a interesting and good pick, Celeste is a modern masterpiece and Madeline could be the first canon LGBT character in Smash (and i saw gay ships and fanarts in Smash),i think that Madeline's moveset could be she fighting like a Stand user in JoJo games

Blue Knight: a Castle Crasher character in Smash?,that looks interesting,but why Blue Knight?,i prefer the Knights as alternate costumes,but it's allright

Amaterasu: Amaterasu is unexcetped and a good pick,Okami is Capcom's cult classic,and that could be good she in Smash,also she could be one me quadrupedal character in Smash

Aqua: why Aqua?,i think that Kingdom Hearts can have one more character who is just Sora,sorry and no

KOS-MOS: KOS-MOS is a very good pick,it have Xenoblade,and it can have its pressessor who is Xenogears/Xenosaga,KOS-MOS is also one of requested character in Smash

Sub-Zero: Mortal Kombat in Smash is a franchise that i really wanted,my biggest choise is my GOAT Scorpion,but Sub-Zero is also a really good choice,but i prefer Scorpion

Tifa Lockhart: now Tifa,well....i don't have any speculations for her,she is iconic but...i really a Final Fantasy character who is not from FF7

Blanc:
images (6).jpeg

Metal Sonic: Metal Sonic is also unexceted,but....no,i think that Tails and Knuckles are a better choice than Metal Sonic

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Jin Kisaragi: I have nothing against Jin, I think I would rather have a different Blazblue character though.

Saber: One of my most wanted characters of all time lmao

Lich King: Another one of my most wanted My only thing with the Lich King is I think we should just call him Arthas because that is his name. There are other Lich Kings but I do not think we are really going to reference Ner'zhul and Bolvar.

Sans: Another great sleeper pick, Fits well with the prompt. Absolutely gets my support

Madeline: Ditto what I said for sans

Blue Knight: I have never really thought about a Behemoth rep before, I would welcome it, It seems like a weird specific pick though

Amaterasu: I would love Ammy in this thread, Amaterasu would be great but I think other characters fit the prompt just a bit better.

Aqua: My submission, I think she would be the most interesting Keyblade wielder we could add at this point.

KOS-MOS: I have yet to sink my teeth into Xenosaga but I like KOS-MOS from PxZ and Xenoblade 2

Sub-Zero: I do not like MK that much but I cannot deny that Mortal Kombat should probably be in a celebration of gaming something

Tifa: I would prefer a non-7 Final Fantasy Rep.

Blanc: While I do really like her in Neptunia, I think going with Blanc before Neptune seems like a weird choice in the grand scheme

Metal Sonic: Another rep I have no problems with, Just limited votes and prompt considerations are preventing me from completely backing them.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Aqua: My submission, I think she would be the most interesting Keyblade wielder we could add at this point.

(Kirby with yellow eyes, pointy ears, and a goat-ee.

Honestly, there's potential to set the Lich King apart from Nightmare.

Nightmare's definitely a lot more...physical, shall we say? We could make the Lich King a lot more magic-based, combining necromancy with ice magic.
I was figuring that as much considering the Lich King and his abilities but they also share similar appearances. Heck, they were both once long-haired blonde dudes. I just see a lot of similarities beyond just toolkits. For certain characters, like Mario and Luigi, that makes sense. Or Pikachu and Pichu but for two 3rd party characters from two different franchises to be included seems a bit....I don't know....

Now, I do like iconic characters but I have been drawn to more obscure yet important characters. Past submission periods as caused me to be supportive of characters that are oddball picks in terms of the grand scheme of things but make sense given our live update format. That is one reason why I loved the inclusion of the Squid Sisters as opposed to Toad. This is why I prefer Blanc, Tifa, and Madeline despite not ever playing Celeste or Hyperdimension and preferring someone like Terra, Lightning, Tidus, and more.

I want to encourage discussion on our voting but I do want to progress to our next set of jobs and these will be fairly easy....

Submit New Year's Collectibles

Please submit either one of the following or one of each. It is up to you what you choose. We will have to do a vote on Speeders and Airships probably
  • Airship
  • Speeder
  • Poses
  • Item
  • Pal
  • Effect

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
MM2MechaDragon.png

Pal - Mecha Dragon (Mini)

hanukkah-gettyimages-157389389.jpg

Item - Hanukkah Candles

WhereToSpendNYE__HERO_shutterstock_779709916.jpg

Effect - New Years Fireworks

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hmm... I was under the impression characters had to be from a recent gaming franchise (2000s onwards) to be accepted. Yet several submissions broke this and got accepted anyway.

If I knew I could have gotten away with it, I would have submitted Chun-Li....
I made a mid-submission rule that a franchise that has a newer game attached to it could be accepted. I apologize for not making this clearer.

Also, I thought I would have more ability to monitor submissions but sadly I did not. I will be again out for the next couple days so, while I hope to get our voting counted by tonight, there is a chance the results could be anywhere from tomorrow to next weekend. I’m sorry

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I made a mid-submission rule that a franchise that has a newer game attached to it could be accepted. I apologize for not making this clearer.
So Chun-Li would have been perfect....

1706458019669.png

Really hope that in future character jobs, we can have ALL of the rules and ALL the possible exceptions made clear from the start, especially for something as important as newcomer submissions.

Also kind of not a fan of "mid-submission" changes, some of us can't check the thread that often and assume that the rules from the start will be the same for the whole submission period. This character job in particular just happened to be put on the worst possible day for me and I had limited access to the internet for most of the character submission period.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So Chun-Li would have been perfect....

View attachment 383623

Really hope that in future character jobs, we can have ALL of the rules and ALL the possible exceptions made clear from the start, especially for something as important as newcomer submissions.

Also kind of not a fan of "mid-submission" changes, some of us can't check the thread that often and assume that the rules from the start will be the same for the whole submission period. This character job in particular just happened to be put on the worst possible day for me and I had limited access to the internet for most of the character submission period.
I am sorry about that. I did not fully think the submission through and even didn't have fully what I intended until I sat down to start writing it. I had thought I had more time and thought I had a weekend with nothing planned but sudden changes happened causing me to become busy. I thought I would be more careful in the future to consider all options when doing newcomer submissions. That being said, sometimes, I make submissions more restrictive to bring forth more "on point" submissions and overstress submissions that might clog votes. I guess you could call them "throw-away" submissions. I overstress our jobs and tend to overcompensate making it more restrictive to bring forth more quality submissions but it ends up producing fewer results.

My original intention was to produce results that were characters who are more modern rather than retro characters hence my original ruling. I intended to make it so series that were older but had new games made in the 2000's to be submittable but.... I forgot about that and went the other route.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have some time so I will be announcing our results....

Mii Athlete Outfit

Name Points
Endou Mamoru Outfit6
Baseball Player Outfit10

And our newcomer....

NamePoints
Jin Kasargi5
Saber15
Lich King38
Sans26
Madeline38
Blue Knight9
Amaterasu20
Aqua10
KOS-MOS22
Sub-Zero42
Tifa11
Blanc7
Metal Sonic7

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Jin Kisaragi01 (4)0015
Saber02 (8)1 (3)0415
Lich King5 (25)2 (8)1 (3)1 (2)038
Sans1 (5)3 (12)1 (3)3 (6)026
Madeline4 (20)1 (4)2 (6)4 (8)038
Blue Knight01 (4)1 (3)029
Amaterasu1 (5)1 (4)1 (3)2 (4)420
Aqua1 (5)1 (4)00110
KOS-MOS1 (5)1 (4)2 (3)2 (4)6322
Sub-Zero2 (10)3 (12)6 (18)1 (2)042
Tifa1 (5)01 (3)2 (4)211
Blanc1 (5)001 (2)07
Metal Sonic01 (4)1 (3)007

AAAAAAAAND CLICK BELOW TO UNVEIL THE RESULTS! Make sure to check the bottom of the spoiler post.

We will be doing a three-way vote with....

Lich King vs Madeline vs Sub-Zero

While Sub-Zero did win with the most points, he did so with a massive amount of 3-point votes which, to me, carries a lot more weight than 5-point votes. That being said, Lich KIng and Madeline both scored a higher number of upper-level points hence why they are being included in this run-off poll.

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE FOR THE CHARACTER!!!!!!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Goddamn! Close game! Thinking a little more on it, I think Sub-Zero has the best shot at being in this mainly because we don't have a fighting game newcomer in Beyond yet and Sub-Zero would fill the quota.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Airship

New Year Lantern Balloon

A giant Red Lantern commonly seen during the Chinese and various other Asian countries Lunar New Year celebrations. The Red Lantern acts as the top of a hot air balloon essentially.

1706483915274.png

Speeder

Kite Bike

Traditional Japanese kites

A bike shaped like a traditional Japanese Kite. Kite Flying is popular during New Year's celebrations in Japan.

Item

Kadomatsu

A traditional Japanese decoration for the New Year.

1706483805044.png

Pal

Baby New Year

The New Year baby traditionally seen as the personification of the New Year. May be wearing a top hat or crown.

1706486626262.png

Effect

Lunar Dragon

A chinese new year dragon flies above the Mii, spreading confetti.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So, I decided something regarding the thread. I have mentioned before about my personal life in the past and the struggles I have had. I try to not involve this site, its members, and staff, and especially this thread in my issues because I don't want to raise concerns but I have had several mental and financial difficulties that I never experienced before. That being said, this weekend, while busy, truly was monumental and saw a HUGE win in a series of losses that I have experienced. For once, I feel like things are turning a corner.

Now, my time will be kept busy though and I intend to keep this thread alive but I may need help. I am looking for two possible assistants to help do the jobs. Please PM if you would like and I will look into getting a group together. I want to keep it fairly carefree and nothing too strict

In addition, in regards to newcomer submissions, I will be putting the requirements for submissions but will allow users to suggest alterations as, sometimes, I don't see particular issues or problems. The goal wouldn't be to change the submission criteria entirely, just to find holes or issues that might crop up.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am sorry for being so late everyone but I have been busy....

Here are the results of votin
NamePoints
Lich King3
Madeline4
Sub-Zero6

Please click the spoiler below to find out who won and who will be joining the roster!

Sub-Zero Freezes the Competition!

Sub-Zero will be incorporating various aspects of previous designs into his main default but will largely be based on his Klassic Inkarnations of the character with the blue ninja scheme. I am considering offering MK1 version of Sub-Zero as an alt considering we allowed these for past fighters. This also brings Mortal Kombat into the fold and, interestingly enough, prevents Scorpion's entrance for the time being.

We will be doing character related content later on this evening.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Finally. This become true.

Honestly, I'm fine with this. Sub-Zero is a well-known ice-user gaming character and MK is finally in Smash. This also means Sub-Zero is the second gaming character that came from a non-gaming company since he's technically a Warner Bros character. Quite the pair.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Welp, fighting game character quota's met for a while. Mortal Kombat's inputs should be interesting enough compared to other FGC characters on the roster. Not to mention, his freeze function would be a lot more unique than what Smash has already. Glad to see Sub-Zero make it in!

Last edited:
Top Bottom