• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with? I can't operate both the wikia and front page anymore.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Based on the above results, we will be adding "The Pit" for the Winter Festival which is rather...fitting albeit horrifying considering it's the time to celebrate family, life, and joy.

Here are the submissions for our Festival of Frost submissions:

New Year Costume
View attachment 383960
Siwang-Long Ridley

Ridley gains a yellow-and-red alternate costume with a face that more resembles a Chinese dragon's, complete with long pointed ears, long horns and appendeges from the sides of his snout representing a moustache.

Japanese-based Costume
View attachment 383961
Shingen Shoubu (Doom Slayer)

Doom Slayer's suit is replaced with an accurate sci-fi recreation of the signature bright-red armor of Sengoku-era feudal lord Takeda Shingen. The Slayer's helmet gains voluminous white hair and a mustache, the Doomblade is more akin to a wakizashi blade and the Equipment Launcher is modeled after an oozutsu cannon from that same era.

Winter-based Costume
View attachment 383963
Snowquill Set (Link)

Link gains a costume based on the Snowquill Set from both Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom. In those games, the Snowquill Set was armor that protected you from taking damage from cold environments.
New Year's Costume

New Year Toad

Toad (Party Time)

Japanese Costume

Yukata Peach

Peach (Yukata)

Winter Costume

Frostyfest Squid Sisters

View attachment 383965
View attachment 383966
Japanese: Tengu Waluigi

New Year: Peony Pac-Man

Appears red most of the time, but turns yellow when going into pizza form.

Winter: Hot Chocolate Iggy Koopa

Turns his clown car into a mug of hot chocolate and gives his wig a marshmallow-white hue. When he jumps out of the car, his lower half is doused in chocolate.
For MK spirits i agree that waiting for a better fitting festival (Fright sounds good). Although maybe i would throw in just a Scorpion spirit for now just almost similar to Ryu coming with a Ken trophy in Smash 4. Think its a decent compromise & would likely fuel a more interesting debate in the fanbase as to whether we would get a proper MK Spirit Event.

NY - NY Festival Corrin

Not sure if this is a better fit for NY or Japanese themes. Wont submit anything for Japanese theme in case this needs to be changed (dont have any major ideas off the top of my head anyway for said theme).

Winter Lara Croft (art by Larreks)
View attachment 383995
Winter Pikachu

View attachment 383993
New Years Eve Isabelle

View attachment 383994
Kitsune Fox McCloud
Winter Alternate Costume: Polar Bear Ice Climbers
View attachment 383997

(Art made by 47Nano47 on DeviantArt)

Yes,it's the same one from Project M,but i don't knpw if Venus of Dessert Bloom will accept this
I will be adding just a Japanese Outfit

Umbran Komachi Bayonetta

Winter Theme
  • Snowquil Link
  • Frostyfest Squid Sisters
  • Hot Chocolate Iggy Koopa
  • Winter Ops Lara Croft
  • Winter Sweater Pikachu
  • Polar Bear Ice Climbers
New Years Outfit
  • Siwang-long Ridley
  • New Years Toad
  • Fireworks Pac-Man
  • New Years Isabelle
  • NY Festival Corrin

Japanese Outfit
  • Shigen Shinobu Doomslayer
  • Yukata Peach
  • Tengu Waluigi
  • Kistune Fox McCloud
  • Umbra Komachi Bayonetta

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be submitting the last content for the Festival of Frost. Please note we will be doing a Mortal Kombat-themed Spirit Event as well as additional Mii Costume later down the road.

Please Submit Winter Based Stage Variations

We will be submitting Winter-Themed Stage Variations based on existing stages. Please indicate the purpose of this variation and how it changes its appearance.

After this, we will commence our next Festival which will be pretty short in comparison and that is the Festival of Roses.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Winter Variation Stage:
1706992778297.png

Winter Fury Crossfire

While Crossfire starts off as the regular variant, a flash of white appears across the stage during the countdown leading to the start of the match before dying down. All different layouts of this stage are now covered in snow, referencing Olaf's CO Power, Blizzard, and his Super CO Power, Winter Fury.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for these submissions! I will be inducting them into our list of variations for this festival.

Here are the results of the costume voting!

Winter Theme
Name4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Snowquil Link2 (8)2 (6)1 (2)218
Frostyfest Squid Sisters1 (4)2 (4)3 (6)216
Hot Chocolate Iggy1 (4)0004
Winter Ops Lara1 (4)01 (2)410
Winter Sweater Pikachu03 (9)2 (4)013
Polar Bear Ice Climbers3 (12)1 (3)1 (2)017

We will accept the top three submissions with those being: Snowquil Link, Frostfest Squid Sisters, and Polar Bear Ice Climbers.

For those below we will accept the top 2 submissions for New Year's and the top 1 submissions for Japanese.

New Years Theme
Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Siwang-long Ridley2 (6)1 (2)19
New Years Toad1 (3)0611
Fireworks Pac-Man1 (3)3 (6)09
New Years Isabelle3 (9)2 (4)013
NY Festival Corrin1 (3)2 (4)07

We will be going with New Years Isabelle and Toad.

Japanese Theme
Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Shigen Shinobu Doomslayer03 (6)17
Yukata Peach3 (9)0312
Tengu Waluigi1 (3)003
Kitsune Fox McCloud0 (3)3 (6)110
Umbra Komachi Bayonetta3 (9)2 (4)316

Umbra Komachi Bayonetta is our winner!

Our Festival Outfits are....

Snowquil Link
FrostFest Squid Sisters
Polar Bear Ice Climbers
New Years Isabelle
New Years Toad
Umbra Komachi Bayonetta

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be moving into our Festival of Roses which is our Valentine's Day-inspired festival it is rather interesting that this will be the VERY FIRST TIME that we do a festival concurrent to what it is based off on!!!

We do not have a lot of content to include as it will be a smaller Festival compared to prior ones:

• Mii Costumes
  • Stage Variations
  • Poses
  • Character Colors
  • Character Costumes
That is about it

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our next jobs for the Festival of Roses!

Submit New Poses

We will be focusing on adding several new poses. Please note that we already added:

• Firing a love-filled arrow
  • Giving a box of chocolates
  • Giving a bouquet
  • Scattering roses
Submit a Valentine's Day-influenced Mii Costume not based on a Video Game

We will be submitting a Mii Costume whose basis is not from a video game but from the real world like how we added Christmas-based costumes or Halloween ones.

Duelist Peach Mii Swordfighter

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Pose:
Making a paper heart:
1707098858161.png

The Mii takes out a pair of scissors and colored paper and cuts out a heart-shaped paper Valentine.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sub-Zero’s front page info plus his wikia has been updated. I changed the moves a bit to include an attack that is similar to a Fatality but is just a Final Smash. Krushing Blow is a Perfect Shield Special and is an uppercut. Fatality is an end match Final Smash. His alternate costumes are also up there.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As this seems like a slow submission cycle, I do want to highlight we will be conducting our next newcomer submission for our spring festival later this week.

• Festival; Spring Festival
  • Confirmed Criteria:
    • 1st or 3rd party
    • Can be a Pokemon unless we included one in Job #1
    • Must be based on one of the following
      • Spring
      • Plants
      • Colors Green or Pink
      • Fairies, Pixies, and Mythological Creatures
  • Possible Criteria
    • Japanese only IPs
Thoughts on the Japanese only IPs? I have heavily considering it. Any changes to the core theme you might see that could be made that would make the submissions more interesting?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Bride Mii Mage

Is a costume in Tomodachi Life & Miitomo but it is based on something more closely affiliated with real-life as opposed to a gaming (plus i honestly had no other good ideas to fit the theme). Also i learned that Mii themed wedding cake toppers are a thing. Would use a rose instead of a wand as a mage (unless we think thats too forced, idk ideally would like to help our newer miis catch up on costumes)

I think Japanese only ip for our next newcomer makes alot of sense, especially since our last newcomer is arguably not too popular or well known there. My only input would be personally i feel like its too early to add another Mario or Splatoon rep but not sure where everyone else stands with that.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Honestly, I think the "Japanese-only" deal can work. We can't expect the popular picks all the time so having somebody to introduce to the West could be fun as well. Like Sakura Wars from the DLC back in Infinite.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I think the spring theming would lead to a lot of Japanese submissions anyway, as that feels more common there, and we just had a very western centric franchise added so it might be good to do a Japanese franchise

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Is that Undecided Franchise Festival newcomer delayed to after the Spring Festival newcomer or cancelled entirely? (It seemed to be before Spring Festival on timeline that was posted earlier).
You are correct. I just forgot

This is our Fracnhise-focused Festival do wn below

• Festival: Undecided Franchise Festival
  • Confirmed Criteria:
    • 1st or 3rd Party
    • Cannot be from a genre already represented in Year 2
      • Genres that are out
        • Platformer (Toad)
        • 3rd Person Shooter (Squid Sisters)
        • Fighting (Sub-Zero)
        • Horror (Festival of Fright)
    • Can be already represented in a series. The festival will focus on this franchise so we need to ensure there is enough content to include in this festival

I totally forgot and for some reason keep thinking the spring festival comes before this one but I ahve been thinking of the spring festivala lot

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be accepting all submissions for the Poses and Miss Costumes

That being said, we will be moving to the following jobs. Sorry, but I only have a couple of minutes to write this. will fix the post later. I am sorry but I have to do a job for an hour then I will fix the post.

Festive Colors

We will be submitting festive colors based on pinks, reds, and whites found on Valentine's Day. Please explain how the Festive Colors may look.

Festive Costumes

We will be adding Festive Coztums based on Valentine's Day so please submit the character which costume this is for and how it may look. You can base it on a game or base it on a concept. That being said, I do prefer if there is an actual model to utilize in our front page.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Festive Colors:
1707185283443.png

Valentine's 2B (Red/Pink) (Art done by Georgy Stacker)
The color change from stark-black to red would give a sort of "romantic date" vibe, plus it has a different vibe from 2B's other "red" alt based on Devola & Popola.

Festive Costume:
1707185662999.png

Bridal Anna

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Festive Color

Valentine's Crash

1707185514941.png

Crash is wearing pink shoes, pink pants, and white gloves. His fur is now red, while his stomach and mouth fur is slightly lighter shade of red. His mohawk is pink, his eyebrows are white.

Festive Costume

Flower Girl Roll

At many weddings it is custom to have a young girl attendant as a flower girl (alongside a young page boy), who will walk down the aisle and scatter flowers on the procession, typically before the bride, as a symbolic gesture. Roll will have a white dress similar to the traditional flower girl with a headwear floral wreath with green and yellow flowers.

1707186901126.png

1707189267286.png

1707189256784.png

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Color - Pink & Red Waluigi

1st thing that came to mind was Waluigis rose pose. Black & yellow on outfit becomes a rosey red & purple becomes pink.

Costume - Groom Marth

A costume from Fire Emblem Warriors & Heroes. Remember it being notable in FEH for being the long awaited 1st Marth alt & 1st groom in a wedding banner (1st year was exclusively brides)

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Honestly I think the Spring festival coming first makes sense

for-you-diablo-jin-mains-out-there-would-you-like-angel-to-v0-1ufefnvcqosa1.jpg

AngeljinT8render.jpg
Angel Jin
Jin gets a white costume with blonde whir, based on Angel. His devil form is changed to reflect angel jin from Tekken 8

Escrit-Protagonists.jpg

Wedding Promo Joker

Last edited:

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
Valentine's Day Outfit: Tuxedo Saki

Saki wears a black tuxedo with a white shirt and a black bowtie, includes a tiny rose on the left of his chest for an extra romantic charm!

What's jumping, chick?
zw1-fig_20_saki.png

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our submissions! Please vote for them here!

Festive Colors:
View attachment 384204
Valentine's 2B (Red/Pink) (Art done by Georgy Stacker)
The color change from stark-black to red would give a sort of "romantic date" vibe, plus it has a different vibe from 2B's other "red" alt based on Devola & Popola.

Festive Costume:
View attachment 384207
Bridal Anna
Valentine Festive Costume: Bride Dress Samus (Zero Suit Samus Costume)

View attachment 384209

This costume,Zero Suit Samus is wearing a wedding dress,but the dress skirt is very torn and her blonde hair is loose
Festive Color

Valentine's Crash

View attachment 384205

Crash is wearing pink shoes, pink pants, and white gloves. His fur is now red, while his stomach and mouth fur is slightly lighter shade of red. His mohawk is pink, his eyebrows are white.

Festive Costume

Flower Girl Roll

At many weddings it is custom to have a young girl attendant as a flower girl (alongside a young page boy), who will walk down the aisle and scatter flowers on the procession, typically before the bride, as a symbolic gesture. Roll will have a white dress similar to the traditional flower girl with a headwear floral wreath with green and yellow flowers.

View attachment 384210

View attachment 384218

View attachment 384217
PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So after consideration, I have decided to move the Spring Festival forward and the Franchise Festival back since we got a relatively new franchise with Mortal Kombat and there is a better chance of getting a new one with a Franchise-focused Festival rather than the Spring Festival.

Our Spring Festival is named the Cherry Blossom Festival and will have tie-ins with global interpretations of Spring but also incorporate Japanese imagery for Spring.

Here is our content:

• New Character
    • First or Third
    • From Japanese IP/Company
    • Must include a character that incorporates Spring
  • 2 New Stages
    • Related to new character if applicable OR a stage from a pre-existing third party
    • a Spring based stage
  • Stage Variations
    • Based on spring/flowers
  • New Mii Costumes
    • Mii Athelete
    • Gaming Characters
    • Spring Costume
  • Global Change to the Hub
    • Changes how the Hub looks
  • New Game Mechanic in the Game Hub
    • Involves both the global change PLUS collectibles for this event. Will persist after the event
  • Global Event
    • Ties in with the game mechanic
  • Smash Dungeon
    • Involves spring-natural related motiffs
  • Spirit Event
    • Spring related
  • Online Tournament
    • Spring related
  • Collectibles
    • Colors/Costumes
    • Airships
    • Speeders
    • Poses
    • Pals
    • Items
    • Effects

I have yet to decide on the number but as we have a lot of content, not a whole lot.

We will start the submission with three jobs.... Our newcomer job will appear later on and you can expect submissions by Thursday or Friday.

Submit a Spring-themed Stage

We will be submitting a stage that has a Spring theme to it. Please note it cannot be from Mortal Kombat nor Mischief Makers or Pokemon as they recently got stages. When submitting, please provide the typical information. It can be from a first or third-party game and doesn't have to be from a Japanese IP/company

Submit a Smash Dungeon
We will include a Smash Dungeon that is a Smash original that incorporates the natural world to an extent but should still maintain the "Spring" factor. The Smash Dungeon should focus more on a location that is more Spring-like than Summer-life.

Submit a Mii Costume that is for Every Mii Class that is based on a Flower
This costume will be for every Mii Fighter and will consist of a flower appearance. Please submit how this Mii Costume will appear for the Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, Mii Gunner, Mii Mage, and Mii Athlete and, if applicable, how the weapon changes for that character. Please note this will be a part of a Mii Flower series that will be available. You are NOT submitting five flower costumes. Just one flower costume based on a particular flower will be available for every Mii Class. Like "Sunflower Mii Brawler", "Sunflower Mii Gunner" etc. Spring flowers will take precedence but is not a requirement.

Generally, the body has a green natural-looking appearance with brown pants to simulate pot/ground but the headgear will differ flower by flower.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Can it be a real flower or a fictional one?
If the latter, I expect Fire Flowers, Flower based Pokémon, flowers from Pikmin or Minecraft flowers

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Spring Stage

Blossoming Arcadia (Pikmin)

Pikmin 4 is one of the most beloved Nintendo games released in 2023, even winning awards at the Game Awards. This stage takes place on a Kindergarten Playground, with the elephant slide in the picture being a prominent part of the stage. Cherry blossom trees adorn the background with pink petals falling on the stage. There will also be blue fences, a small wooden model house, and various other elements from the Pikmin 4 area littered throughout the stage.

1707331536953.png

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Did we ever do stage variations for Festival of Roses? It's the only one in the list we skipped?

We will be moving into our Festival of Roses which is our Valentine's Day-inspired festival it is rather interesting that this will be the VERY FIRST TIME that we do a festival concurrent to what it is based off on!!!

We do not have a lot of content to include as it will be a smaller Festival compared to prior ones:

• Mii Costumes
  • Stage Variations
  • Poses
  • Character Colors
  • Character Costumes
That is about it

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Spring Stage:
1707277569696.png

Ginso Tree (Ori & The Blind Forest)

A platforming level in the game, the Ginso Tree is where water once flowed in which the Spirit Tree could be sustained before the actions of the giant owl Kuro led to it becoming dry and rotten. In Smash, this is a semi-curved stage similar to Mario Galaxy, but with unique bulbs where striking them with any input will cause the player to be boosted in the direction of the input, with Neutral Air defaulting to a weaker upward angle. Occasionally, the Water Veil will start to glow brightly within the cage in the background, causing massive amounts of water to flow similar to the water section of Kalos Pokemon League, large splashes of water functioning similar to Norfair's lava waves occasionally splashing.

Smash Dungeon:
1707277924138.png

Garden Dungeon

A sprawling, colorful garden dungeon with the simple visual gimmick of damage and KOs covering the stage in beautiful flowers. The color of those flowers correlates to the general color palette of the enemy defeated. The enemies that spawn here sport bright color palettes, like Koopa, Octarian, Motobug, Shell Chimeras and Pookas.

Flower Mii Costume:
1707277315613.png

Red Spider Lily Spirit

The red spider lily is a flower that, in Japanese culture, is synonymous with death. In Smash, the Mii Fighter is covered in lots of small spider lilies covering their body, larger spider lilies being used for different weapons and tools.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
1707288460953.png

Stanley's Greenhouse
Donkey Kong Series
When I picture Spring, the growth of new plantlife is what comes to mind for me, so a stage taking place in a greenhouse would be a cool concept. The best greenhouse to make a stage out of would be the one from Donkey Kong 3, the one with Stanley the Bugman in it. This stage takes a more modern reimagining of the game, with HD graphics and country setting, however the core layout stays the same: you have three semisolid platforms stacked up into a pyramid, on top is a pair of beehives and climbable ropes, with Donkey Kong himself disturbing the beehives to release the bees within (If DK or Diddy are battling in this stage DK will be replaced by the robot Donkey Kong from the DKC Cartoon) these bees will chase the nearest fighter and attack rapidly with small hits. You can defeat the bees with a single attack so they aren't that major of obstacles. Sometimes DK will drop an entire beehive, releasing an entire swarm, which is much more dangerous than a single bee. You can damage DK and cause him to fall, which causes the middle of the stage to collapse from his weight, which will luckily be fixed afterwards, though you have to deal with DK again. Of course there is also the biggest element of the stage, the flowers, on the bottom of the stage flowers will slowly grow, you need to protect the flowers from the insects like the bees and worms coming out of the ground, and you also can't hit them too much or else they wilt. Eventually a flower will bloom, releasing a collectible power boost that one of the fighters can collect, this can be a yellow flower giving super armor, a red flower giving better attacking strength, or a blue flower healing the collector. This adds both cooperation and competition as the stage quickly transitions from the party protecting and then individually collecting each flower. Overall, this is a stage that feels like a solid update of a classic game, while also not falling into any of the classic trappings of a retro stage.

Top Bottom