• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with for our winter/star-based fourth party Mii costume

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darkvortex

Smash Lord

Corn
Growing Corn will get you 30 coins. Growing 100 corn crops will grant you a random item

Hearty_Radish_-_TotK_icon.png

Hearty Radish (BOTW)
These will net you 50 coins. Growing 20 of these will grant a random Zelda related spirit

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Grass Type Mii Costume

Tsareena (Brawler)

1707588693145.png

Normal Crop

Potato

1707589169695.png

Growing potatoes gets you 25 coins. Selling 100 gets you the Farmer Daisy Costume from the Festival of Feasts.

Master Crop

Pokemon Berries

1707589241107.png

These come in a variety of different types, but they all function the same. The types used will be Oran, Pecha, Cherri, and Leppa. Selling them gets you 60 coins. Selling 50 gets you the N64 Pokemon Trainer Costume from the Anniversary Festival.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry everyone, I did not explain things clearly but the Crops do not give you a special item that is tied to the crop. Just a milestone item that we have included previously. Otherwise, this festival will have WAAAAAY to much content.

So like, a Tomato Crop and selling 20 of these might give to the Demille Spirit or something.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Doesn’t the newest game have accusations of crypto mining?
Much like Ms. Pac-Man's legal issues and the technical impossibility of getting Barack Obama and Kermit the Frog to do a commercial for a Smash game, we can simply pretend that doesn't exist in this universe. (Which, wasn't that game removed from sale anyway since it was released without the permission of the actual copyright holder and was technically unofficial as a result? Seems weird to punish the entire series for that.)

Also if we wanna moderate stuff based on controversies in the real world, we should probably remove that Twitter stage....

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Much like Ms. Pac-Man's legal issues and the technical impossibility of getting Barack Obama and Kermit the Frog to do a commercial for a Smash game, we can simply pretend that doesn't exist in this universe. (Which, wasn't that game removed from sale anyway since it was released without the permission of the actual copyright holder and was technically unofficial as a result? Seems weird to punish the entire series for that.)

Also if we wanna moderate stuff based on controversies in the real world, we should probably remove that Twitter stage....
Adding on to this, If I Recall Correctly the Crypto mining stuff was completely made up.

(The getting taken down for not having the rights is 100% true though lmao.)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

I just more or less joking but the Twitter stage has been removed. It doesn't appear in Infinite Beyond. I was going to make a joke about Infinite Beyond being accused of cryptomining but I got sidetracked and forgot the joke.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Will we have a new social media stage in general?
Given how prone almost all of the major social media sites are to massive controversies regarding ethical and business practices, I think its best to avoid making them into stages entirely (or giving them any kind of major content in general). The best compromise I think would just be an imaginary successor to MiiVerse run entirely by Nintendo.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Yes, Nintendo is certainly not an angel when it comes to corporations (as are many of the 3rd Party gaming companies we've added), but given some social media sites have literally been involved in fueling genocide, violent conspiracy theories, and hate crimes/hate speech, there is probably at minimum a marginal difference between most gaming companies and those social media sites, just on an industry level.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Yes, Nintendo is certainly not an angel when it comes to corporations (as are many of the 3rd Party gaming companies we've added), but given some social media sites have literally been involved in fueling genocide, violent conspiracy theories, and hate crimes/hate speech, there is probably a marginal difference between most gaming companies and those social media sites, just on an industry level.
I 100 percent agree with you. I hate Muskrat just as much as anyone. It's just a joke. I allways though the Twitter stage was a bad idea so I'm not sad to see it gone

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I do wonder if there's some kind of theme you could give the concept that isn't directly tied to any other brands? Probably couldn't be tied to any specific games, but still.

EDIT: perhaps a TV station? Simpsons Arcade comes to mind - Shredder's Revenge has a stage like that too, but I can't find an image of it.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
thoughts on our fighters
Ryza - Honestly a really cool pick in terms of her gameplay potential. Alchemy is really untapped when it comes to fighting game movesets. There's so much you can do. I think her games getting sequels proves she has staying power. I know some might be annoyed about the idea of her getting in before Ryu but he could still get in later.
Lip - A pretty fun retro Nintendo pick, it's been a while since we've added one. I also think a puzzle rep is long overdue, and though I have a preference for Puyo Puyo, this is a pretty good one. Not a character I have personal attachment to but I think she could be cool.
Tom Nook - I do think AC is deserving of another rep, and Nook makes sense as that character, but I'm not sure if it's what I'm interested in right now. I think he'd be fun, could have a money gimmick similar to Finn from MultiVersus or Business Casual Man from Slap City, but I think I'm more interested in a new franchise or a less represented franchise right now.
Klonoa - I'd be cool with this. Now that Tekken, Tales and Soul Calibur all have fighters in he game I'm open I him being our next Namco rep. It's been a while since we've had a real Scimblo, if you don't count Toad. I can picture what his moveset would look like and it seems fun. He's cute
Cooking Mama - Pretty funny pick. A couple years ago i was fully on board for this but with the series seeming dip in popularity I think i just lost interest. I can still see how she'd be fun though and she is somewhat iconic.
Galarian Rapidash - I really like the idea of a bipedal fighter, and if a Pokemon who's not a legendary or starter. I don't know why this one in particular.
Amaterasu - As bipedal fightera go I think this is the best choice. She's nechie enough to be a surprise but popular enough to make a lot of people excited. She comes from a game with a gorgeous artstyle and gameplay that would translate to a fun moveset. There may be some reluctance since I think people will likey prefer Dante, Monster Hunter or hun-Li as the next claim rep, but I don't think it's a big isssue .
Tingle - A Zelda character is long overdue. Tingle is a character who has appeared in multiple Zelda games and even had his own games. My big issue around him is that our last (unique) Zelda rep was a wacky surprise pick so there may be fandom preference for someone cooler like Midna, Skull Kid, etc.
Donchan - Funny little drum. This guy is actually pretty iconic and popular and has a legacy. I think a rhythm game character is a pretty great idea. the big issue is his lack of limbs, but I think there could be a work around.
Tsubasa Oribe - I played and liked this game, but if we're gonna add another FE rep I would rather someone else. If we're counting this as an SMT rep then I would rather a character from the ganes themselves like Demi-Feind or Nahobino. She has a cool weapon though.
Raguna - Had never heard of this one before but I liked the pitch. Seems like a series that might work best with some other form of rep like a stage. I think Harvest Moon would be my slight preference if we do a farming game rep.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Currently counting results and putting a pros and cons list of including them as, well, we will have a run-off poll. EXTREMELY TIGHT RACE. I want to make sure we vote smartly as, well, Sub-Zero while certainly tied to "ice", wasn't exactly a character that brings "season cheer". Want to make sure we vote with Spring in mind.

Points are VERY POLARIZED. I have never seen such a variety in points. massive amounts of 2 points here but lacking in other points. Several characters has even points though hence the run-off poll.

I have it cut it somewhere or else the run-off could be 6 characters deep. I do apologize for any issues that arise from this.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Currently counting results and putting a pros and cons list of including them as, well, we will have a run-off poll. EXTREMELY TIGHT RACE. I want to make sure we vote smartly as, well, Sub-Zero while certainly tied to "ice", wasn't exactly a character that brings "season cheer". Want to make sure we vote with Spring in mind.

Points are VERY POLARIZED. I have never seen such a variety in points. massive amounts of 2 points here but lacking in other points. Several characters has even points though hence the run-off poll.

I have it cut it somewhere or else the run-off could be 6 characters deep. I do apologize for any issues that arise from this.
I wonder who got tied, lots of good choices.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting! This was a really tied up race with several characters constantly jockeying for first place....

NameTotal
Ryza31
Lip21
Tom Nook23
Klonoa27
Cooking Mama25
Galarian Rapidash14
Amaterasu29
Tingle16
Donchan17
Tsubasa Oribe16
Raguna5

Below are the results and, due to the closeness of the race, the divsion of points, and the general outcome, I will conduct a run-off poll.

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Ryza3 (15)2 (8)1 (3)1 (2)431
Lip3 (15)001 (2)421
Tom Nook3 (15)1 (4)1 (3)0123
Klonoa2 (10)2 (8)1 (3)2 (4)227
Cooking Mama1 (5)5 (20)00025
Galarian Rapidash02 (8)1 (3)1 (2)114
Amaterasu1 (5)1 (4)3 (9)5 (10)129
Tingle1 (5)02 (6)2 (4)116
Donchan01 (4)2 (6)3 (6)117
Tsubasa Oribe01 (4)4 (12)0016
Raguna1 (5)00005

Due to the distribution of points and higher level points as well as the closeness of votes, I decided to include the results that have a 5-point striking distance from 1st place. In truth, it was very close between Ryza, Amateasu, Klonoa, and Cooking Mama with the last one being a point shy of cutting. In reality, this kind of voting makes it very hard to decide on just how close they can get and what exactly qualifies as the cut-off.

We will be conducting a three-way vote between the following entries:

• 1st Place: Ryza (31 points)
  • 2nd Place: Amaterasu (29 points, previously third place)
  • 3rd Place: Klonoa (27, previously second place)
These characters were very close:
  • Cooking Mama (25) (was second place at the start)
  • Tom Nook (23) (got a surge later in the voting)
  • Lip (21) (was initially leading at the start)

To reiterate the character's connection to nature, let's look at some of these characters and provide my thoughts

Ryza is from a company yet represented in Smash, Koei-Tecmo. Atlier is a lesser-known franchise but certainly could stand to benefit from getting represented in Smash. Ryza does use a variety of alchemy-type abilities which include the use of herbs, plants, and more. Plus, we could stand to use a JRPG-type character and would be a nice foil with Sub-Zero who is currently our only representative in Season 2. It is also important to note that Ryza was "leaked" for Smash Ultimate during Fighter's Pass Season 2 back in Ultimate so there is that as well.
  • Pros and Cons List
    • Pros
      • JRPG/RPG gets represented
      • Ryza is mostly connected to spring
      • Anime style fulfilled
      • Koei-Techmo finally gets represented
      • Focus on lesser known franchise
      • Don't have an alchemy-based fighter yet
    • Cons
      • Koei-Tecmo loses out on Ryu and DoA rep for Season 2
      • JRPG/RPG rep out for future festivals
      • Not exactly popular
      • Our thread may not be familiar with her some submissions for content may be lacking

Amaterasu utilizes various kinds of elemental attacks that are derived from nature and, is, well, a wolf. That is as natural as you can get. While Capcom does well in Smash, having Okami come back to relevancy would be a nice way to celebrate the series and character. Plus having a quadrupedal character would also be a nice touch as well.
  • Pros and Cons List
    • Pros
      • Quadruped fighter
      • Okami brought to the forefront again
      • Heavily stylized which is lacking in Smash
      • Natural as natural can be seeing as how Amaterasu is a wolf
        • Utilizes elemental attacks
    • Cons
      • Capcom already eats well in Smash
      • Future Capcom fighters disqualified for Season 2
        • Franchise Festival and Genre Festival incoming
        • Dante seems like a good fit for Halloween-based festival
      • Action/Adventure and/or based on mythology possibly disqualified from future candiates

Klonoa comes from Namco and is a forgotten gem that manages to have staying power. Klonoa is no stranger to crossovers; with having appeared in Namcox Capcom. I also get the feeling we are familiar with Klonoa in this thread so perhaps submissions may be easy but he does have possible things going against him which is he doesn't use nature-influenced abilities such as plants or earth like the other two candidates does but does have access to wind magic which is something not used in Smash.

• Pros and Cons List
    • Pros
      • Silly and cute fighter
      • Comes from an iconic game that isn't as relevant so a nice push in relevancy
      • Uses wind abilities in abttle
      • Ticks off platformer off our list so we can focus on other genres in our Theme or Franchise Festival
    • Cons
      • Namco already eats well in Smash
      • Prevent a future Namco fighter from getting in
        • Franchise or Theme Festival could benefit from a Namco inclusion
      • While we don't have TONS of platformer reps, it would cause them to be disqualified from future festivals
      • Doesn't use natural plant type moves though does have access to Wind abilities. Still, doesn't represent Spring/Nature like the other candidates
All three characters are nice foils to Sub-Zero and will come after his inclusion as well so we can consider that. Keep in mind that both Toad and Sub-Zero also share two shades of blue as their theme. Toad has a lighter more sky blue while Sun-Zero has a darker shade of Blue. I intend to use spring green as a color rep for them but Klonoa and possibly Amaterasu might not jive well with a spring green color.

I will be doing a Google Forms voting along with the Pokemon Grass-type Mii Costumes as well but that will come in a little bit. Voting will last until tomorrow afternoon,

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We were so close, Cooking Mama fans....

I really hope that crypto thing wasn't the tipping point that got her robbed of just 1 or 2 more votes....
I don't think it did if I was to look at the votes. We didn't get any new votes since this morning and sat at 15 for most of the day. I monitored it just in case. Cooking Mama was fairly up there to the end but a last minute (and last minute like 8 hours ago push) caused it to remain the same. I waited just to see if we got any more last-minute votes so I wouldn't have to do a possible run-off poll. Plus, that was more than 24 hours beforehand and it could have been addressed earlier on. Not to mention that the "crypto mining" thing wasn't included in the quoted posts that were included in my post with the link.

I considered including Cooking Mama in the voting and was considering doing a "3 points from the bottom" rule but, had I done that, Tom Nook and Lip would then have been included. We could potentially had another issue with voting as a result hence why I decided to keep is strictly to the top 3 spots. She did well though I feel she has a good chance down the road.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
We were so close, Cooking Mama fans....

I really hope that crypto thing wasn't the tipping point that got her robbed of just 1 or 2 more votes....
It didn't really factor in personally, just had other options I wanted more, but I don't really think stuff like that matters since so many of the characters in smash have had shady moments in their huaotryhistory

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would like to get this voted on quickly as my time will be severely limited tomorrow and up until next weekend so I won't be as available to prime our newcomer up for the main page and the wiki

Here are our submissions for a Pokemon Mii Costume

View attachment 384495
Mii Costume
Meowscarada
Easy choice, they are the newest Grass-type starter, and being a magician-themed Pokemon, they would be worn by the Mii Mage.

View attachment 384497
Normal Crop - Cabbage
Cabbages are short-growing plants (roughly 1-3 battles long) that give 50 coins when fully grown. When you grow 500 a red cabbage will grow, this cabbage can't be sold but it can be kicked like a kickball.

View attachment 384498
Master Crop - Iceberg Eggplant (Ice Climbers)
A very iconic vegetable in my opinion, it's the Ice Climber's Smash icon after all. This eggplant sells for 300 coins, which is the number of points you get in Ice Climbers. When you grow 10, equal to the number of different vegetable types in Ice Climbers, you unlock a special Ice Climbers costume.
Grass-type
View attachment 384499
Ogerpon (Mii Swordfighter)

The mascot Legendary for the Teal Mask DLC. In Smash, the outfit itself is based on Ogerpon's body, with the sword being the grassy Kanabo club that is shown in some of her animations. What makes this stick out more is that for the headgear there are 4 Ogerpon Masks to choose from: Teal, Wellspring, Hearthflame, and Cornerstone.

Regular Crop
View attachment 384500
Carrots

Carrots are moderately grown, at 5-7 battles per crop, and give 150 coins per harvest. If you grow 400 carrots, you'll get a Giant Carrot, adding an Item that spawns in Smash Battles: a giant Battering Item that deals 1/2 the damage of the Ore Club but when reaching 0 durability will split into 6 carrot slices that serve as food items to be consumed during the match. Each slice heals you for 4% damage

Master Crop
View attachment 384501
Turnips (Animal Crossing)

In Animal Crossing, Turnips are an essential part of the game, even making it into Villager's and Isabelle's movesets. They can be eaten, planted or sold to either Joan or Daisy Mae for Bells. In Smash, Turnips are as valuable as they are in Animal Crossing, selling for 660 coins, one of the higher prices for them in the Stalk Market. Growing 15 of them grants you a new Assist Trophy:

View attachment 384502
Daisy Mae

When summoned into battle, Daisy Mae will wander around, occasionally dropping large turnips as throwing items for all players to pick up. You can use these turnips to attack players or return them to Daisy Mae for a random stat-buff temporary similar to the Dark Emperor.
Grass-type Mii costume: Decidueye

Am I still bitter that Incineroar got in over him? Maybe. But I suppose a Mii costume is the next best thing. He could be a Mii Gunner, with his "gun" being his bow.
My choice for Grass type Pokémon Mii costume: Lilligant

Debuting in Black and White, Lilligant would be a fun Mii costume choice. The cap will be Lilligants head and flower. She will be for Mil Sword Fighter, and her Leaf arms will be the Sword.
Grass Type Pokémon Mii Costume: Breloom

View attachment 384521

Breloon is a Grass/Fighting Pokémon, Breloon could be a Mii Brawler,because he is fighting-type

Regular Drop: Tomato

View attachment 384524

At 2-5 battles per drop,and give 100 coins per harvest,adding tomato on smash battles,it can used as a healing item who heals 6% of damage
Roselia (Brawler)
Grass Type Mii Costume

Tsareena (Brawler)

View attachment 384534

Normal Crop

Potato

View attachment 384535

Growing potatoes gets you 25 coins. Selling 100 gets you the Farmer Daisy Costume from the Festival of Feasts.

Master Crop

Pokemon Berries

View attachment 384538

These come in a variety of different types, but they all function the same. The types used will be Oran, Pecha, Cherri, and Leppa. Selling them gets you 60 coins. Selling 50 gets you the N64 Pokemon Trainer Costume from the Anniversary Festival.
  • Meowscarda Mii Mage
  • Ogerpon Mii Swordfighter
  • Decidueye Mii Gunner
  • Lilligant Mii Swordfighter
  • Breloom Mii Brawler
  • Roselia Mii Brawler
  • Tsareena Mii Brawler

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I like Cooking Mama from a moveset perspective, I just didn't vote for her because she's so strongly associated with the DS and often mistaken for a Nintendo character, and I don't really like 3Ps without much footprint on other platforms. DS/Wii-era casual games do need more rep though.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I would be happy with any of these three. Ryza and Ammy seen more "Spring' but Klonoa is fun too!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Capcom is just one of those companies that has so many good picks, even after everyone we've added, there's still a boatload of great picks to choose from. Sometimes I do think we should shorten the "cool down" period for the company between characters the same we did for Mario as a franchise in the original Infinite, just because of the massive roster of the company and its uniqueness for having so many active franchises and fighting crossovers.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I was rooting for Lip or Cooking Mama win, but Ammy,Ryza and Klonoa who were choosen for break a tie is unecepted, Ryza is not a perfect choice for me that i prefer Ryu Hayabusa then Ryza but it's great of have a Koei-Tecmo rep in smash, Amaterasu is an interesting pick but where's the problem of having gods in smash?, Palutena is based on Athena and a lot of mythological gods can be in public domain and Klonoa who is my submission is a fun pick and i know that he's not a spring-themed pick,he works more as a dream-themed pick

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, we were all tied up just up until recently with a surge of votes for one character. This character has a 3-point lead and we have 11 votes in... a few less than the original voting. I sort of want to call it as I won't be as ready to get everything into the front page and on the Wikia tomorrow and I have time right now unless I wake up extra early to get it done./

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
To address one of the cons for Ryza did just see something this week about Team Ninja supposedly having no current plans to revisit Ninja Gaiden or DoA. If true, could make more sense to have their long awaited rep come from a series that will be active in near future.

That being said loosing a future RPG/JRPG rep & admittedly not being super familiar with series are also good points.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh god....this is close but I have decided to post the results as we have nearly the same amount of votes as our last voting so I will be stopping voting to announce the results. I will do the results of the other voting for the Pokemon later.

NameTotal
Ryza4
Klonoa6
Amaterasu5

Due to the nature of the voting and the closeness of them, I wish to not prolong to voting process further to just the top two choices so, with that being saod,

Klonoa Speeds into Battle

Coming from an iconic albeit a franchise that largely was seemingly forgotten by Namco with no games released between 2008 and 2022. This brings a game character who was largely forgotten by the wider gaming industry which was during Smash 4's and Ultimate's production but his game, Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series, could be a nice indication that things are looking well for Klonoa at the time of writing but including Klonoa as a playable character could be an indiciation that Klonoa might see a revival by Namco. That being said, we will be inducting Klonoa into our roster as the representative of the Cherry Blossom Festival.

We will be rolling out jobs relating to this character soon.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was rooting for Ryza as I felt she made more sense given the requirements but it’s interesting to see Klonoa get some love and perhaps we could also do a job on creating a new Nintendo only game for Klonoa. I’m yea demes for interesting of a design rather than a character who uses only wind. Curious on what we come up with. Amaterasu is always a preferred fighter for me but there are other chances for her in the future.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Yeah, this was also the one I was least interested in of the three and while I'm happy for the fans, I don't have much experience with the series itself.

I guess Rayman is also now pushed back a little since Klonoa fills a similar genre.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, this was also the one I was least interested in of the three and while I'm happy for the fans, I don't have much experience with the series itself.

I guess Rayman is also now pushed back a little since Klonoa fills a similar genre.
Yes, this would be the case to ensure the roster has variety and plenty of options for everyone.

Top Bottom