• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with for our winter/star-based fourth party Mii costume

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your submissions!

Here are your submissions for the festive colors and costumes:

Spring Based Color

Spring Stylist

View attachment 384950

White shirt is now yellow, red outer shirt is now purple. Skirt is now green, with easter egg prints dispersed throughout. Flower designs now are interspersed on the outer shirt.

Spring Based Costume

Spring Chrom

View attachment 384952

Smash Hub

Springtime Blossoms

The entire Smash Hub is abloom with plant life, with green trees, pink cherry blossom trees, bushes, and more flowers than you can count. Rabbits and baskets filled with easter eggs also decorate the hub. The Hub resembles a garden you would find at a Castle or Palace, think Peach Gardens from Mario Kart. There are giant water fountains and topiaries of various Smash characters throughout, including Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, DK, Link, Zelda, Pikachu, Kirby, Samus, Fox, Olimar, Pit, Palutena, Marth, Inkling, Octoling, Sonic, Pac-Man, Lara Croft, Crash, Crazy Dave, and more, much like the topiaries of the Mario characters in the Mario Kart Peach Gardens.

View attachment 384953
View attachment 384958
View attachment 384954
View attachment 384957
View attachment 384959
Spring themed skin: Cherry Blososm Saki
Saki gets pink hair and a teal cyan hoodie with patterns of cherry blososm patterns on it.

I wanted to give something for my boy during this DLC.
Spring Based Alternate Color: Spring Crazy Dave

Crazy Dave have a brown pan who looks like a pot,green shirt and pink pants

Spring Based Alternate Costume: Egg Hunt Yoshi

View attachment 384973
Spring alt costume: Bunny Suit Crash

Based on one of Baby Coco's skins from CTR
A lot of went with the Easter Egg theme which is fine but hoping for more of a vairety with flowers and cherry blossoms and all.

We will be including all three of these as, while I was considering doing 2 and 3 (costumes and colors), we actually submitted within those confines but I do intend to, for the future, to be accepting lesser numbers of these colors and costumes.

Festive Colors
Spring Fashion Stylist
Cherry Blossom Saki
Springy Time Crazy Dave

Festive Costumes
Spring Rabbit Chrom
Egg Hunt Yoshi
Bunny Suit Crash

Sorry things are a bit late but I was faily busy last night and this morning

We will be doing several Mii Costume Realted Jobs and then we will be done with the Spring Festival

Submit a Mii Athlete Job

We will be submitting a simple Mii Athlete Job. This can be based off an original concept OR a gaming concept so on an actaul character. Please indiciate if this costume may change the appearance of some of the athletic equipment.

Submit a Namco Costume

Due to Klonoa getting in, we will be submitting an accompanying Namco outfit. It can be for any class besides Athlete. Indiciate where the character is from, what class, and how the class may affect the weapon. It can be from a new series but can also be from the following: Pac-Man, Tekken, Digimon, Tales, etc. It can be from any Namco series, represented in any form or unrepresented, but not Klonoa.

Submit a Costume based on a Japanese Pop Idol Singer

Yes, we are dipping back into the real world by submitting a Mii Costume based on an iconic costume or appearance of a popular Japanese Pop Idol. I am not sure what kind of submissions we will be getting but it's interesting to say the least. This will actually be for all the Mii Classes including the Athlete Mii Class. You do not need to show how the weapon changes per class as I will fill this part in.

You may submit based on an appearance of a Japanese Pop Idol that they utilizie throughout their career but you can also utilize one that was used perhaps for a single music video BUT is very iconic. Piktotaro is not considered a pop singer. If there is enough push, we may include a pack of a female artist and a male artist.

The Mii Costume needs to be unique and recognizable enough to be included.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Klonoa Palette Swap is finally done
1708190254295.png

BlueBased on Klonoa's typical depiction.
RedBased Klonoa's appearance in Door to Phantomile, Moonlight Museum, and Klonoa (Wii).
PinkBased off his friend, Lolo
OrangeBased on Chipple
BrownBased on Popka
CyanBased on Huepow.
WhiteBased on Lephise.
ScarletBased on Leorina.
YellowBased on Joka
BlackBased on Guntz.
GrayBased the King of Sorrow
Light CreamBased on the Pro Famista Baseball 2011.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Mii Athlete

Basketball Uniform

A popular sport played around the world. Bottom is a pair of basketball shorts and top is a basketball jersey (both change color depending on Mii).

1708191312313.png
1708191329717.png

Namco Costume

Taiko Drum (Taiko) (Swordfighter)

Both red and blue Taiko Drums (depending on Mii color) can be used, for the top the drum is worn as a full face mask like Bomberman and Cuphead. The drum sticks are used as swords. The bottom of the suit is a jumpsuit colored similarly to the side of the drum.

1708191842980.png

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Namco Costume: Wonder Momo (Brawler)

Wonder_Momo_-_Wonder_Momo_-_Typhoon_Booster_.png

J-Pop Idol Singer Costume: Babymetal

Babymetal_performing_at_Ancienne_Belgique_December_4,_2023.jpg

Look,i don't know nothing of Japanese Pop Idols,but would to try

Babymetal is a Japanese Pop group, some works who is knew on this group is they sang the opening of spin-off cartoon of The Lego Movie called Unkitty!, the group was added on Super Mario Maker and they appears on a japanese commercial of Smash 4

Now the costume,well...it's a hard choice,but i think that the Mii costume could be based on original costumes

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We are nearing the end of the Spring Festival but one thing I forgot was the Klonoa Spirits. We will be doing that later on today I think as well or tomorrow along with the start of our new Festival.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Mii Athlete:
1708197476682.png

Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
Don't let the sword in this picture fool you: this is a Mii Athlete skin due to a prominent feature of FFX being the sport known as Blitzball.

Namco Costume:
1708197561495.png

Mappy (Mii Swordfighter)
A large mascot costume based on the police mouse Mappy. The sword in this is a police baton.

Japanese Idol Costume:
1708201627453.png

AKB48 (Mii Brawler)
One of the most memorable idol groups in Japan, and a collaborator with Nintendo for a Smash 4 commercial in Japan. AKB48's costume will be based on the schoolgirl uniform, a commonly-recurring theme in AKB48's outfits.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mii Athlete:
View attachment 385015
Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
Don't let the sword in this picture fool you: this is a Mii Athlete skin due to a prominent feature of FFX being the sport known as Blitzball.

Namco Costume:
View attachment 385016
Mappy (Mii Swordfighter)
A large mascot costume based on the police mouse Mappy. The sword in this is a police baton.

Japanese Idol Costume:
View attachment 385018
AKB48 (Mii Brawler)
One of the most memorable idol groups in Japan, and a collaborator with Nintendo for a Smash 4 commercial in Japan. AKB48's costume will be based on their Halloween Night performance, which was subtly referenced in that same Smash commercial through the Vampire Costume.
I am not discrediting this but why have the Halloween Night performance outfit appear when it isn't a Halloween-based Festival? I feel this costume would be more confusing than it would make sense given the concept of a festival. I know this wasn't a requirement but to include a costume that is a direct reference to a possible other Festival seems odd...especially given AKB has TONS of other outfits including their typical school girl outfit that would seem more fitting.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I am not discrediting this but why have the Halloween Night performance outfit appear when it isn't a Halloween-based Festival? I feel this costume would be more confusing than it would make sense given the concept of a festival. I know this wasn't a requirement but to include a costume that is a direct reference to a possible other Festival seems odd...especially given AKB has TONS of other outfits including their typical school girl outfit that would seem more fitting.
Ehhh that's true I suppose. Will have to change that to the schoolgirl outfit.

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
mii athlete - golf player
34421dfe76859b38b05be112b5bebf30.jpg
61MPYg0cP-L._AC_UY1000_.jpg

the mii would wear the outfits shown in the images above but you would have the ability to choose what genders outfit you want your mii to wear

namco costume - rick (splatterhouse) (swordfighter)
Splatterhouse_arcadeflyer.png

the swordfighter would use ricks mask and his blue outfit while using his machete

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ehhh that's true I suppose. Will have to change that to the schoolgirl outfit.
I didn't mean to change your original submissions but, to me, it would seem odd and misleading to have another holiday reference in another festival and one that, too, seems oddly specific and not as recognizable. I know I didn't properly specify but that. I will also be honest, the school uniform outfit that AKB utilizes is, like, a staple of Japanese idol fashion. That being said, the outfits in Fortune Cookie are also synonymous with AKB. I also think the Vampire Garb was the one's chosen due to looking like their typical fashion.

My submissions

Bravoman
1708215326308.png

Bravoman is from the series known as Bravoman and is a Mii Brawler.

Kyari Pamyu Pamyu

One of the biggest names in J-pop during the 2010's, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu continues to be a defining force in the genre and is largely seen as a fashion icon. Her outfit comes from her debut song and video "Pon Pon Pon"

darkvortex

Smash Lord
2267074-pw64pilots.png

Lark (the one in the middle)
From the Nintendo 64 game Politwings 64. I don't know if this really counts as a "sport" but I figure it fits the theming. This is a pretty obscure pick considering how little good art of this guy I could find but I think calling back to a well liked but less used series like Pilotwings make sense.

s-l400.jpg

Alisa Ilinichina Amiella
From the Bandai Namco RPG series God Eater. A series sort of inspired by Monster Hunter that focuses on the battle between the last of humanity and monsters in a post apocalyptic setting. She is a very popular character from the series who appears in a majority of the game and has appeared in crossovers such as the Project X Zone series

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here is our list of music along with Klonoa palette swaps...

BlueBased on Klonoa's typical depiction.
RedBased Klonoa's appearance in Door to Phantomile, Moonlight Museum, and Klonoa (Wii).
PinkBased off his friend, Lolo
OrangeBased on Chipple
BrownBased on Popka
CyanBased on Huepow.
WhiteBased on Lephise.
ScarletBased on Leorina.
YellowBased on Joka
BlackBased on Guntz.
GrayBased the King of Sorrow
Light CreamBased on the Pro Famista Baseball 2011.

The Windmill Song - Klonoa: Door To Phantomile
Baladium's Drive (Klonoa Door to Phantomile)
The Time of Restoration - Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Sad Forest Drum - Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Quenchless Curiousity - Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
Lunatea Waltz - Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
King of Sorrow's Theme - Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
Stepping Wind - Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
Cursed Leorina - Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
Vision of Ghazzaland (Klonoa: Empire of Dreams)
Sign of a Hero (Klonoa Heroes Densetsu no Star Medal)

With that being said, we will be submitting up to 3 Spirits for the Klonoa series.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
One thing I realized and, that is doable, is that given the promotional aspect of the Japanese Pop Singer and the amount of outfits, I suppose, and Golisopower, this may be good for you.

The winning submission can have multiple outfits that go into that main outfit. Think of alts for the Mii Costume ranging from 2 to 3 each.

That being said, here are our submissions....

Mii Athlete

Basketball Uniform

A popular sport played around the world. Bottom is a pair of basketball shorts and top is a basketball jersey (both change color depending on Mii).

View attachment 385008View attachment 385009

Namco Costume

Taiko Drum (Taiko) (Swordfighter)

Both red and blue Taiko Drums (depending on Mii color) can be used, for the top the drum is worn as a full face mask like Bomberman and Cuphead. The drum sticks are used as swords. The bottom of the suit is a jumpsuit colored similarly to the side of the drum.

View attachment 385010
Namco Costume: Wonder Momo (Brawler)

View attachment 385013

J-Pop Idol Singer Costume: Babymetal

View attachment 385014

Look,i don't know nothing of Japanese Pop Idols,but would to try

Babymetal is a Japanese Pop group, some works who is knew on this group is they sang the opening of spin-off cartoon of The Lego Movie called Unkitty!, the group was added on Super Mario Maker and they appears on a japanese commercial of Smash 4

Now the costume,well...it's a hard choice,but i think that the Mii costume could be based on original costumes
Mii Athlete:
View attachment 385015
Tidus (Final Fantasy X)

Namco Costume:
View attachment 385016
Mappy (Mii Swordfighter)

Japanese Idol Costume:
View attachment 385020
AKB48 (Mii Brawler)
One of the most memorable idol groups in Japan, and a collaborator with Nintendo for a Smash 4 commercial in Japan. AKB48's costume will be based on the schoolgirl uniform, a commonly-recurring theme in AKB48's outfits.
mii athlete - golf player
View attachment 385030View attachment 385031
the mii would wear the outfits shown in the images above but you would have the ability to choose what genders outfit you want your mii to wear

namco costume - rick (splatterhouse) (swordfighter)
View attachment 385032
the swordfighter would use ricks mask and his blue outfit while using his machete
I didn't mean to change your original submissions but, to me, it would seem odd and misleading to have another holiday reference in another festival and one that, too, seems oddly specific and not as recognizable. I know I didn't properly specify but that. I will also be honest, the school uniform outfit that AKB utilizes is, like, a staple of Japanese idol fashion. That being said, the outfits in Fortune Cookie are also synonymous with AKB. I also think the Vampire Garb was the one's chosen due to looking like their typical fashion.

My submissions

Bravoman
View attachment 385034
Bravoman is from the series known as Bravoman and is a Mii Brawler.

Kyari Pamyu Pamyu

One of the biggest names in J-pop during the 2010's, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu continues to be a defining force in the genre and is largely seen as a fashion icon. Her outfit comes from her debut song and video "Pon Pon Pon"
View attachment 385041
Lark (the one in the middle)
From the Nintendo 64 game Politwings 64. I don't know if this really counts as a "sport" but I figure it fits the theming. This is a pretty obscure pick considering how little good art of this guy I could find but I think calling back to a well liked but less used series like Pilotwings make sense.

View attachment 385038
Alisa Ilinichina Amiella
From the Bandai Namco RPG series God Eater. A series sort of inspired by Monster Hunter that focuses on the battle between the last of humanity and monsters in a post apocalyptic setting. She is a very popular character from the series who appears in a majority of the game and has appeared in crossovers such as the Project X Zone series
Moo

Novice Support - Parry time up

Stage: Dream Land 64
Song: Windmill Song
Opponents: Jigglypuff x 7
Rules: Foes become giant at high damage.

Namco costume: Pooka Goggles

Just a hat.

Mii Athlete
  • Basketball Mii Athlete
  • Tidus Mii Athlete (Final Fantasy)
  • Lark Mii Athlete (Pilotwings)
  • Golfer Mii Athlete
Namco Costume
  • Taiko Drum Mii Swordfighter (Taiko no Tatsujin)
  • Wonder Momo Mii Brawler (Wonder Momo)
  • Mappy Mii Swordfighter (Mappy)
  • Rick Mii Swordfighter (Splatterhouse)
  • Bravoman Mii Brawler (Bravoman)
  • Alisa Mii Swordfighter (God Eater)
  • Pooka Goggles (Dig Dug)
J-Pop Outfit
  • Baby Metal
  • AKB48
  • Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
GO HERE TO VOTE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
With that being said, our Spring Festival is finally finished! We got most of our content in and I will be compiling it in the front post over the weekend. We are not really submitting Spirit Events or Online Tournaments as often as we did in Infinite but a lack of participation, interest, and refocusing on other areas has been more important. If you wish to submit something that hasn't been covered such as Spirit Events and Tournaments or anything related to that and it hasn't been filled in; please let me know.

Other than that, and I know I am rushing a bit into this, but we will be starting our next festival! This festival will run in May (Cherry Blossom Festival was in March) while the Theme Festival will be July to August.

Franchise-Focused Festival Submission Round

We will be submitting a Franchise to base a festival and will model all submitted content around this franchise. This doesn't only include collectibles but also includes Mii Costumes, Stages, and even a character. The franchise in question needs to have enough content to warrant inclusion in a festival. This doesn't only include random things here or there but RELEVANT content that can realistically be included. This also includes a character as this character also needs to have some fan demand and warrant for inclusion. This isn't a job to "lol I am going to submit the most random franchise that no one has heard of lol" as, like I said, I am reserving an ENTIRE festival for a SINGLE franchise that ALL players will be FORCED to participate in when playing the game. Whether they want to get the content is up to them but it will be available and present and visible.

Content
  • Character
  • Stage
  • Assist Trophy
  • Smash Dungeon
  • Mii Costumes related to the franchise
  • Spirit Event
  • Music
  • Smash Hub Change
  • Global Event
  • Collectibles
    • Airship
    • Speeder
    • Festive Costumes and Colors for any characters from that franchise if an older franchise. If not, than zero costumes and colors.
    • Poses
    • Held Items
    • Pals
    • Effects
Here is what we will be submitting:
A Franchise along with a represented character. If the franchise has multiple potential fighters we could submit, please just submit the franchise. This will be more of a situation-by-situation basis rather than the general rule as, some franchises like Klonoa, only have one justifiable contender. While this may not seem fair (someones submit a franchise with multiple contenders where someone gets both a franchise and a playable character in) I don't want to restrict character submissions even further.

Talking about criteria and restrictions:
  • First and Third Party submissions are ok (please keep in mind that if we vote in a third party, next character will be first party)
  • Splatoon and Mario are allowed due to the statute of limitations.
  • Mortal Kombat and Klonoa are out
  • Netherworld and Namco franchises are out
  • Fighting games are out due to Mortal Kombat
  • While Klonoa is a platformer fighter, the sheer amount of them would cause things to be fairly restrictive so games so I "Japanese sidescrolling platformers" are out. I feel that leaves things more open.
  • Mischief Makers and Pikmin are out due to have stages within this Season
  • The franchise needs to be established on the Nintendo with a few games including a modern game (2010's) under its belt. This includes remakes and ports
  • The franchise needs to have content to fill up all required content
  • Previous Mii Costumes from Infinite is allowed

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My franchise submission will be Slap City/Ludoverse

One of the most well-known platform fighters, technically a cross-over but with characters so obscure they may as well be OCs (and a lot of people who play this game believe they are) - I'd argue this game is a bit of a Banjo situation on the "is this obscure?" scale, where it is by all means not too significant, but it's something Smash's core audience will probably be familiar with and most Smash content creators have touched on at some point. 11 different fighters to choose from, each with very unique mechanics and moves - as this game is a crossover, you've got a lot to work with, but even if you limit it to just what's seen in Slap City I think you can fill out each concept proposed when you take into account the story mode and very expansive stage library. The moveset design here is VERY similar to Smash, but with two differences: Slap characters don't have dash attacks, but do have air smash attacks. There's also the clutch button, but all that really does is reverse you in the air during certain moves, it's only something we'd have to majorly consider if we added Business Casual Man, since he uses Clutch differently.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My franchise submission will be Slap City/Ludoverse

One of the most well-known platform fighters, technically a cross-over but with characters so obscure they may as well be OCs (and a lot of people who play this game believe they are) - I'd argue this game is a bit of a Banjo situation on the "is this obscure?" scale, where it is by all means not too significant, but it's something Smash's core audience will probably be familiar with and most Smash content creators have touched on at some point. 11 different fighters to choose from, each with very unique mechanics and moves - as this game is a crossover, you've got a lot to work with, but even if you limit it to just what's seen in Slap City I think you can fill out each concept proposed when you take into account the story mode and very expansive stage library.
If I recall, fighting games were originally ruled as not submittable back before the Spring Festival due to Mortal Kombat taking the "fighting game spot". I forgot to include this in the original ruling but this came about during the Spring discussion hence why fighting game characters were not allowed. I have since changed this to disallow fighting games and to also put a small restriction on traditional platformer franchises. With everything I need to think about and often only getting time to write prompts before posting them rather than doing it within a period, I sometimes forget to include something. That being said, a platform fighter could be construed as not a fighting game so....

Not sure if I should decline or approve this. Thoughts thread? I am more inclined to decline due to being a platform fighter and we already have Sub-Zero to fulfill that fighting spot. But the fact I forgot to include that rule before Wario3 submitted this and then declined it due to a technicality makes me feel like I am being a **** and a jerk.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
If I recall, fighting games were originally ruled as not submittable back before the Spring Festival due to Mortal Kombat taking the "fighting game spot". I forgot to include this in the original ruling but this came about during the Spring discussion hence why fighting game characters were not allowed. I have since changed this to disallow fighting games and to also put a small restriction on traditional platformer franchises. With everything I need to think about and often only getting time to write prompts before posting them rather than doing it within a period, I sometimes forget to include something. That being said, a platform fighter could be construed as not a fighting game so....

Not sure if I should decline or approve this. Thoughts thread? I am more inclined to decline due to being a platform fighter and we already have Sub-Zero to fulfill that fighting spot. But the fact I forgot to include that rule before Wario3 submitted this and then declined it due to a technicality makes me feel like I am being a **** and a jerk.
I say decline. Not only due to the "No Fighting Game Reps" rule, but also because I'm not even sure Slap City has much original content to work with.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Franchise-Focused Festival Submission: Cookie Run

Cookie Run is a South-Korean mobile franchise who is from genre Endless Runner, the franchise have a protagonist who is gingerbread cookie called GingerBrave who wants to escape the witches' house, the franchise have a rich universe, cause it have different cookies who they are named by types of food, the most recent game Cookie Run Kingdom have a interesting lore of the series

and for anyone who have a argument,here's a meme who i did

8g91tm.jpg

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Are Genshin and cookie run on Nintendo platforms? or if a series is big enough for sit not matter?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Are Genshin and cookie run on Nintendo platforms? or if a series is big enough for sit not matter?
I removed mine as I had forgotten my own rule lol. I just love Genshin but yeah, Cookie Run is not in fact on a Nintendo console. I had never heard of it prior but its not on a Nintendo system. so DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 it needs to be changed.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Can I submit western platformers like Rayman for example?

If not, I can still think of a couple i can submit in my head.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I removed mine as I had forgotten my own rule lol. I just love Genshin but yeah, Cookie Run is not in fact on a Nintendo console. I had never heard of it prior but its not on a Nintendo system. so DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 it needs to be changed.
i know that Cookie Run doesn't have a game on a Nintendo console,but i know that a game of Cookie Run who was announced years ago called Cookie Run OvenSmash and it don't have any more news about this game, the game is planned to be released for Switch as was said

and i will say the argument: "But Ahri, Master Chief, Red from Angry Birds and Ratchet & Clank are in the roster,but they don't have a game on Nintendo console anyway",what matters?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Franchise-Focused Festival Submission: Fate Series
1708284270451.png

The Fate Series, debuting in 2004 as a Visual Novel, is a media giant, up there with the likes of Dragon Quest and Touhou. We have a few games for the Switch attributed to the Fate Series, such as Fate/EXTELLA, Today's Menu with the Emiya Family, Fate/Samurai Remnant and it was recently announced that Fate/stay night, the original game that started this subsection of the Nasuverse, is coming to Nintendo Switch as a remaster. Unlike a few others in this list, there are plenty of characters that could hypothetically be used:
  • Saber: I've suggested her several times before, but she's arguably the face of the franchise and could be fun as a fighter.
  • Mash Kyrielight: A main character of the mobile megatitan Fate/Grand Order, Mash could give us a unique playstyle and a shield to bash people with, something I believe only Hero has on one move.
  • Astolfo: If we really wanted to get memeworthy we could go with him. Yes, him. Granted, he technically debuted in a light novel, effectively being a reverse Android 21 situation, but it doesn't make him any less viable I'd argue.
  • Charlemagne/Tamamo: Major protagonists of the Extra side of the Fate universe, Tamamo & Charlemagne could be considered just as viable. Granted Tamamo may need a few design tweaks, but otherwise she's majorly just fine.
  • Miyamoto Iori: Granted he's more recent, but his stance system could set him apart from the other dual-wielder, Lloyd.
In fact, because of the nature of the Fate Series, we could have many bits of content to use from how big the franchise is: oodles of Assist Trophy candidates (maybe even an entirely new summon item if you want), a large variety of environments to choose such as Fuyuki City, the Moon Cell and Chaldea, there could even be the chance to have a Global Event themed after the recurring event of the series, the Holy Grail War.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
i know that Cookie Run doesn't have a game on a Nintendo console,but i know that a game of Cookie Run who was announced years later called Cookie Run OvenSmash and it don't have any more news about this game, the game is planned to be released for Switch as was said

and i will say the argument: "But Ahri, Master Chief, Red from Angry Birds and Ratchet & Clank are in the roster,but they don't have a game on Nintendo console anyway",what matters?
Personally I'd be fine with including them (I was planning on submitting Granblue). I was just pouring out a rule that was ready there

Honestly I'd be fine with scrapping the must be in Nintendo rule for this one.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Genshin actually does have a Switch version in development.
lol don't even get me started on that. Still, we have said before "currently in development" doesn't help with inclusions so I am keeping that ruling intact.

i know that Cookie Run doesn't have a game on a Nintendo console,but i know that a game of Cookie Run who was announced years ago called Cookie Run OvenSmash and it don't have any more news about this game, the game is planned to be released for Switch as was said

For starters, the rules say that it needs to be on a Nintendo console. I forgot about Genshin and, despite liking the series A LOT, I withdrew my submission to keep in line with the rules. Then, even if Cookie Run is to be considered, you have to keep in mind you are comparing it to League of Legends, Angry Birds, and Halo - all franchises that are infinitely more impactful and important to the industry so it makes sense they would be given a pass. It's not an argument to be honest.

There will be a moment perhaps in the future to include a franchise that isn't on a Nintendo system.

Is there supposed to be a "not" here? (Although I personally disagree with the Mario one since I believe the size of the franchise and sheer number of reps warrants a shorter cool down period).
I did that to be fair. Some would probably ***** about Splatoon.

Honestly, there are plenty of franchises out there that warrant inclusion that have been on a Nintendo system and whose inclusion makes sense. Tons of first-party and third-party franchises that are repped already in Smash, Okami, Devil May Cry, Rayman, Ninja Gaiden, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Spyro, and even indie characters are fine. It's an expansive enough list to draw from that we are not bottlenecked but also provides a good list of candidates to draw from. I get the thread loves to either submit franchises/characters they like or to submit third-party characters over first-party characters but you have a huge library of franchises to choose from that allows us to celebrate them.

Personally I'd be fine with including them (I was planning on submitting Granblue). I was just pouring out a rule that was ready there

Honestly I'd be fine with scrapping the must be in Nintendo rule for this one.
Except it doesn't not having that rule doesn't make any sense. We are dedicating an event to a franchise in Nintendo's greatest gaming crossover which will act as an advertisement for the franchise. We are technically celebrating that franchise more than we have for games like Mario and Pokemon by giving it its event.

It makes perfect sense for it to have been on a Nintendo system.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am sorry, sometimes I lose my cool over things and that is on me.

We\ will continue with the Nintendo rule. As I said before, I know people just want to submit what they want to and it makes sense but I do want to keep things still within the confines of Nintendo currently. There may be a nother time for submission where we can the Nintendo-only ruling but not for a Franchise Specific Festival. I hope that makes sense.

Can I submit western platformers like Rayman for example?

If not, I can still think of a couple i can submit in my head.
Western is perfectly fine.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Undertale

Undertale is one of the most popular indie games out there and has a large and varied cast, and each one is very popular. Hell we could even get into Deltarune. Undertale has so much stuff to take from and unique ways of handling it's content that it would be a great choice

Some characters could be
The Human/Frisk
Sans
Papyrus
Undyne
Toriel
Asgore
The Fun Gang
Asriel

and there are even more

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Franchise Submit: Persona
The Persona Series: Where to Start? - RPGamer

Ok so originally. I was thinking of submitting Rayman as an franchise (I would gladly let someone else do it if they wish) but I decided to drive into some of my most recent and personal favorite franchise. Which is Persona. Yes, Persona is already in Smash Bros with Joker from Persona 5 being in Ultimate. But that was for just mostly Persona 5 in general. I believe this festival can fully utilize what the franchise as a whole has to offer.

With the recent release of Persona 3 Reload (and P3 Portable being on the switch), Makoto Yuki and Aigis can be contenders to be Smash Fighters. Or Yu Narukami from Persona 4. As both Yu and Makoto are Mii Costumes back in Ultimate. We could potentially have more reps from P5 such as Goro Akechi or Kasumi. There are plenty of popular and fan favorite characters from the franchise we can pull from

And with Persona being an spin-off of Shin Megami Tensei. If this prompt allows it, SMT can also be included along with the possible fighter with in the form of the Demi-Fiend, finally uniting SMT and Persona together in Smash in general. Least having elements from SMT in collectables and such. There is alot of content we can pull from as a love letter to its fans. This franchise is one of Sega/Altus's most popular franchise for a good reason

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was heavily considering doing a Zelda Franchise submission as 1) we could use another newcomer and 2) It would be cool to see the Smash Hub have Zelda content included but then I thought perhaps we don't really need an additional stage despite the fact I would love to see a A Link to the Past or even a new stage from like Twilight Princess or Majora's Mask.

But I decided to go somewhere different....

The Fallout series is a long-running sandbox, open-world shooter that, while doesn't have a strong presence on the Switch, is made available via Fallout Shelter. That being said, Vault Boy was a Mii Costume in Ultimate and Infinite along with the Deathclaw which was DLC for Infinite. While the Vault Boy is the ideal inclusion, we could also go with the Lone Wanderer or even the Deathclaw as representable fighters. The thing that allures me to include Fall Out that the aesthetic. Picture this....

Smash's entire menu HUD done in Fallout Green...
1708302201343.png

One thing that REALLY draws me into this series is the apocalyptic vibe which is something I enjoy regardless of the medium wether it be disasters, zomies, cyborgs.... I just really enjoy this kind of enviroment. This is brought to the Smash Hub with many of the buildings being reduced to rubble with a light colorless filter applies to the area. While the destruction isn't a PG13 kind of vibe, there is still destruction. Old timey unlicensed instruemental music can be heard as you pass stores. In addition to the changes in the Smash Hub, obviously Fallout-related content would be included such as a stage, Spirits, music, and more.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Okay, so its been awhile since I've done this, but I recently got a new obsession that I BELIEVE is eligible based on the rules (unless I missed something, in which case please correct me).

Franchise Festival: Ace Attorney
ehjv54u9.png

Ace Attorney is a series of visual novels by Capcom that have quite the history with Nintendo, being primarily exclusive to their handhelds for a very long time. As one of the titular attorneys (usually Phoenix Wright, but later games introduce others who fill the role), your job is to investigate crime scenes, prove your client innocent, and expose the real culprit of the case. Now admittedly, we already have the main man himself Phoenix in the game, so having a playable rep MIGHT take a bit of brainstorming depending on what direction we take this new fighter. However, based on my glimpse of the Smash Infinite Wiki, the overall content is... not necessarily lacking, but I think there's enough left that hasn't been added to justify adding more. Or maybe that's my newfound bias talking, who can really say?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Okay, so its been awhile since I've done this, but I recently got a new obsession that I BELIEVE is eligible based on the rules (unless I missed something, in which case please correct me).

Franchise Festival: Ace Attorney
View attachment 385100
Ace Attorney is a series of visual novels by Capcom that have quite the history with Nintendo, being primarily exclusive to their handhelds for a very long time. As one of the titular attorneys (usually Phoenix Wright, but later games introduce others who fill the role), your job is to investigate crime scenes, prove your client innocent, and expose the real culprit of the case. Now admittedly, we already have the main man himself Phoenix in the game, so having a playable rep MIGHT take a bit of brainstorming depending on what direction we take this new fighter. However, based on my glimpse of the Smash Infinite Wiki, the overall content is... not necessarily lacking, but I think there's enough left that hasn't been added to justify adding more. Or maybe that's my newfound bias talking, who can really say?
We do have several Spirits, Music, and Mii Costumes though. Plus a stage. What would a secondary Ace Attorney stage be possibly?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
1708308978416.png

Paper Mario Festival + Paper Mario for Smash
I feel like having a festival representing this franchise would be a logical next step based on what we have and what is going on at the time. We haven't had an RPG character in a while represented as a fighter in Smash, and Paper Mario is one of the most iconic Nintendo focused RPGs of all time. It is also a good time for the franchise, having a new game under its belt in Origami King and a remake of the acclaimed Thousand Year door coming soon, so some cross-representation would work well in Smash (If Fire Emblem and Xenoblade can have reps from their latest games, why not Mario too?) Obviously this would bring Paper Mario himself as a fighter which is a very good choice in my opinion, we need someone to represent the RPG spin-off side of Mario, and Paper Mario would fit that niche. He would be a nice odd-ball fighter being another 2 dimensional character like Mr. Game and Watch and offer a lot of moveset potential with his varied game appearances. Paper Mario would also give some cool assist trophies, whether its an iconic partner like Vivian or Lady Bow or a villain like Count Bleck, and the varied twists on common enemies can give unique twists to Smash Dungeons. In conclusion Paper Mario feels like the most logical step in Smash Bros Infinite so that is why I chose them.

Top Bottom