• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with for our winter/star-based fourth party Mii costume

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for taking the time to submit and vote! We will commence our newcomer for the Festival of Frost! This newcomer is none other than Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat! I am not sure how this character will be received but this is for sure an interesting development!

Submit Sub-Zero Gameplay and Movesets

Sub-Zero will have your typical Special movesets that come with characters but Sub-Zero will come with an "Ultra Special Move" in the form of "Brutality" which can be performed with a button input. This gives Sub-Zero an additional move. Now, let's address the elephant in the room and the gore factor. Like Kazuya, Sub-Zero will have unique effects that occur when attacks are performed but, to maximize Sub-Zero's chilling personality - ice particles are created upon impact of the character. That being said, that still waters down the character hence why, while Sub-Zero is indeed a fighting character, he is also a brutal character. A lot of his attacks are meant to hit hard and feel crushing in a "mortal" sort of way. Basically, we will try to Smashify the brutality of Mortal Kombat by mimicking the impact of Mortal Kombat-type attacks while keeping things still gore-free. Some examples include Ridley's Down Special, Kazuya's Down Special, and so on. These attacks should maximize on the brutal sense of the character.

Another reason why we included Sub-Zero, within the game lore, to minimize the "blood factor" by substituting it with ice.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
The Sub-Zero's gameplay it could be the same from the fighting games characters,light and heavy attacks on jab and tilts,and i know that Sub-Zero is from a franchise who have explicit violence,but it don't need brutalities,x-rays,fatal blows and fatalities

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I had the idea before Mortal Kombat 1 came out that he had unique once-per-match Krushing Blows that have unique effects when certain circumstances are achieved. We could use something like that to achieve something identical.

While Sub-Zero would be identical to other FGC characters, I feel he'd be more on par with Terry when it comes to simplicity due to Mortal Kombat being a 3-button game, but alternatively we could also have Strings that he can use to continue racking up damage, like pressing B after a Jab can lead to a different combo path from just mashing A for example.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I had the idea before Mortal Kombat 1 came out that he had unique once-per-match Krushing Blows that have unique effects when certain circumstances are achieved. We could use something like that to achieve something identical.

While Sub-Zero would be identical to other FGC characters, I feel he'd be more on par with Terry when it comes to simplicity due to Mortal Kombat being a 3-button game, but alternatively we could also have Strings that he can use to continue racking up damage, like pressing B after a Jab can lead to a different combo path from just mashing A for example.
That sounds like a good idea.
The Sub-Zero's gameplay it could be the same from the fighting games characters,light and heavy attacks on jab and tilts,and i know that Sub-Zero is from a franchise who have explicit violence,but it don't need brutalities,x-rays,fatal blows and fatalities
Most of those that you listed are iconic and symbolic to Mortal Kombat

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Down Special: Ice Clone
Sub-Zero will do a back flip while leaving an afterimage of himself encased in ice. This can damage those who come into contact with the statue and has a high chance of freezing people. The clone can be shattered with a strong attack though.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Obviously we cant have Fatalities but did look into other finishers to see if there is something we can maybe use to loosely reference the iconic mechanic (final smash?), here are a couple that could maybe work.

Animality - Cant have Subzero eat the opponent like in MK but think the concept of him transforming into a polar bear (similar to the iconic Lui Kang/Dragon one) & having a cutscene of him performing some heavy attack like something we would see out of Tekkens Kuma/Panda could maybe work.

Multality - The fatalities of the Shaolin Monks spinoff. Was a beat-em up thus needed the ability to take out multiple opponents which would also work in Smash. Havent played the game but looks like all Sub-Zero does with his (called Ice Stomp) is glow blue & stomp the ground (video reference). Would honest be kind of anticlimactic compared to other cinematic final smashes so maybe he can now summon ice shards to stomp with him?

Friendship - Would be kind of funny but not sure it would really fit what we are going for, could maybe be a taunt or victory animation if you really wanted it or maybe an alt final smash that heals Sub-Zero. For those who dont know these would have the fighters do a random act of kindness to their opponent (to poke fun of specific series critics).

Also considered Babality but imagine that would be more trouble than its worth even if you use generic human babies you still have pokemon, animals, robots, etc to deal with.

Also not sure if it would be too much to have the iconic Finish Him line before performing a final smash if we go this route. Idk just some ideas.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
And a Fatality line if an opponent gets KO'd with a Final Smash as well, especially when over 100% damage (even if we cannot use specific finishers directly). Injustice 2 did give us a Spine Rip reference without any on-screen gore (a full video inside the link could bring up some good ideas, toning down some aspects while retaining them, like how the used Final Smash was a combination of three different Fatalities akin to Terry's Triple Wolf), which could contrast nicely with one of Scorpion's victory animations where he spears the camera and then kicks it away.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What if we were to have a Final Smash that functions similar to a Crushing Blow or Brutality but, when it guarantees a OHKO, it’s a Fatality. I see the silver lining with Sub-Zero is that 1) he uses ice and 2) we can cleverly use this ice to mask any blood. While not a popular game, MK vs Dc managed to turn down the gore factor but still keep Fatalies. What’s to say a Fatality could be Sub-Zero doing a flashy move that looks epic and freezes the opponent and then proceeds to shatter them. Yes, it may be jarring to see Pikachu Smash to a thousand pieces but at least it’s frozen.

I think going this route would actually be well-received by the community because we would be making the move flashy but also incorporating it in a way that may be over the top.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Neutral Special - Ice Blast - Sub-Zero launches an icy projectile forward. If the projectile hits an opponent, they receive 5% DMG and are instantly frozen as an icy statue for a couple seconds.

Up Special - Tombstone Teleport - Sub-Zero's body becomes ice, falls backward into the ground/air, and reappears either behind his opponent, or, if he needs to recover, near the edge.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If people want to reference the spin rip, we could go about doing that not via a fatality but a clever Smashified version. Like as a taunt for victory pose where he creates an ice replica. I think these typically bloody aspects could be cleverly hidden with ice and would be received well for being “silly” but also .

Does this refer to all future newcomer jobs for the rest of the project or just the next couple in line?
year by year

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, here is what I have for Specials:

Neutral Special: Ice Blast
Side Special:
Up Special: Tombstone Teleport
Down Special: Ice Clone
Brutality:
Final Smash:

I know we are kind of hung up on the Brutality/Fatality aspect but, for me personally, I do think this is ENTIRELY doable; especially given we have Sub-Zero as a character. Yes, while MK is very brutal and gorey, we can Smashify it to allow it to still feel brutal but take a Smash spin on it which is often done to tone down the amount of visceral gore but still make it feel brutalistic.

Now, we still need a Final Smash and my option is a standard Final Smash but one that is a Fatality when it will guarantee a OHKO. If anyone has any idea,s I am open to them though.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Side Special: Polar Puncture

A move from Mortal Kombat X, Sub-Zero will reach out to grab in front of himself with one hand. If he manages to land a grab, Sub-Zero will stab the foe three times with a pair of ice daggers before smashing them one final time into the foe for a burst of damage and knockback. This deals 13.5% damage and is generally a good kill move.

Brutality: Frozen Dinner: While a foe is frozen from Ice Blast, Sub-Zero must land a Down Smash (The ever-iconic MK uppercut) at 150%+ to instantly KO the frozen fighter. Otherwise, it will deal double the damage and knockback.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue to allow submissions for moves but we will be moving to the following jobs...

Submit Additional Content for Sub-Zero

As per usual, we will be submitting the following content for the King of Kold.

Entrance Animation (1)
Idle Poses (2)
Taunts (4)
Victory Theme (1)
Victory Poses (3)
Victory Chant (1)
Splash Tagline (1)
Kirby Hat (1)
Boxing Ring (1)
Palutena's Guidance (1)
Snake Codec (1)
Klassik Mode (1) (needs to include the Mortal Kombat ladder in some way)

In addition....

Submit Alternate Colors for Sub-Zero

After serious considering, I decided to give Sub-Zero the following skins:

Klassik Sub-Zero

Bi Han Sub-Zero

Classic Sub-Zero
Classic #1Classic #2Classic #3

2011 Sub-zero
2011 #1
2011 #22011 #3
Bi Han Sub-Zero
Bi-han #1Bi Han #2Bi Han 3

I chose these as they help portray the three timelines of Mortal Kombat which defined MK to Armageddon, 2011 MK to MK11, and then MK1 which was a reboot of the timeline. Also, all three are distinct from one another with the original Sub-Zero being rather plain. I was going to include MK III Sub-Zero but felt having a representation from all 3 games to be more symbolic and representative of the series. In addition, Iori, Ryu, Ken, and other fighter characters got new alts based on newer games so I felt using MK1 as an alt for Sub-Zero was perfectly fine despite MKIII Sub-Zero being more popular.

When submitting, indicate what model the costume is for and what the reference is. Just for a rule though, I will be reserving the Classic 3 costumes for the other Ninja characters. So we will need 3 colors based on the classic MK ninja characters. The rest is up to you.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Additional Content for Sub-Zero:

Entrance:
A whirlwind of ice and snow appears and Sub-Zero slowly walks out of the wintery haze, covering his arm with ice for a moment before shattering it and entering a combat stance. A combination of his intro animations from MKX, IJ2, and MK11.

Crown Chant: "SUB-ZERO, TEST YOUR MIGHT!"

Taunt: Sub-Zero forms an icy clone of himself with a stream of icy wind, which falls over and shatters to pieces. Based on one of his Fatalities from Mortal Kombat II. As an added bonus, the statue can deal 5% damage and low knockback on hit.

Victory Animation: The camera PoV sways for a moment as though someone was dizzy before the victory platform turns dark. The PoV feels something grab their neck, ice slowly forming from the bottom of the screen before it turns to see Sub-Zero. With little effort, Sub-Zero pulls the PoV upwards, the sound of ice shattering (along with a very VERY subtle wet sound) playing out as Sub-Zero's name flashes on the screen. As the results play out, Sub-Zero continues to stare down the PoV before it gets blurry and blacks out.

Alternate Costumes:
1706663374978.png

Scorpion (Klassic Yellow)
Sub-Zero's rival across all the timelines (and in the second timeline eventually a forgiven friend). Klassic Sub-Zero swaps his blue for Scorpion's yellow hues for this one.

1706663421224.png

Quan-Chi (Bi-Han Gray)
The instigator behind Sub-Zero & Scorpion's entire rivalry in the first two timelines. In this alt costume, Bi-Han's skin becomes a deathly pale while the blue on his outfit becomes a metallic gray. His ice also gains a supernatural-green hue to reference Quan Chi's power over souls.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Boxing Ring Title: Freezing Kombatenter from Lin Kuei

Kirby Hat: Sub-Zero's mask

images (3).jpeg

Entrance Animation: Sub-Zero creates a ice statue of himself and the statues shatters itself,showing his real body,this entrance animation is a reference his intro from Mortal Kombat 9

Victory Pose: Sub-Zero grabs the cameraman and rip off cameraman's neck outside the camera,same win animation from Injustice 2

Alternate costume: Reptile (Klassic Sub-Zero Green)

Img_mkx_reptile_ninja.png

Sub-Zero get the colors based on Reptile,but in the Classic games as MK classic trilogy and MK1

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am sorry for suddenly posting this but I have been beyond busy. It's good to be busy once again and I am starting to see some progress in my academics, career, and mental and physical wellbeing. I am one of those types who dislikes sitting around and not doing something productive hence why I always work. At one point in time, I was holding 3 jobs at once. I am happy that I am getting back into my groove and improving myself. I will be honest that my days are busier so, as a result, I have less time and energy for the thread.

That being said, as I have some time, I do want to highlight upcoming character jobs so we know what to plan for. I will try to post this periodically. Sub-Zero's more recent debut led me to do this as it affects later jobs and, had we had this info, I think we may have voted differently.

Character Job #2
  • Festival: Undecided Franchise Festival
  • Confirmed Criteria:
    • 1st or 3rd Party
    • Cannot be from a genre already represented in Year 2
      • Genres that are out
        • Platformer (Toad)
        • 3rd Person Shooter (Squid Sisters)
        • Fighting (Sub-Zero)
        • Horror (Festival of Fright)
    • Can be already represented in a series. The festival will focus on this franchise so we need to ensure there is enough content to include in this festival

Character Job: #2
  • Festival; Spring Festival
  • Confirmed Criteria:
    • 1st or 3rd party
    • Can be a Pokemon unless we included one in Job #1
    • Must be based on one of the following
      • Spring
      • Plants
      • Colors Green or Pink
      • Fairies, Pixies, and Mythological Creatures
  • Possible Criteria
    • Japanese only IPs

Character Job #3
  • Festival: Undecided Theme Festival
  • Confirmed Criteria
    • Based on an overarching theme like the Festival of Fantasy
    • 1st or 3rd party
    • Cannot be from a current franchise in Year 2
    • Cannot be from a current genre of game
  • Possible Criteria
    • Change from 3rd to 1st Paryt if we have too many 3rd Party
Character Job #4
  • Festival: Festival of Fright
  • Confirmed Criteria
    • 3rd Party
    • Horror games only
    • Cannot be from a franchise included in Year 2
    • Needs to have a unique mechanic
  • Possible Criteria
    • Deconfirmed franchises in Year 1 may be allowed
Year 2 Festival has yet to be decided on but heavily leaning on a mix of 1st and 3rd with 3 characters total.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Noob Saibot (Klassic - Black)

(Art by PalettePix)

Frost Inspired (Bi Han Light Blue)

Hair would change color & outfit would be a lighter blue closer to hair.

Last edited:

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
sub-zero extra content -
victory poses -
sub-zero would hold his left hand up into the air and look up (1) (referencing the winning animation he had from MK 1 to 3)

sub-zero would use his ice ability to freeze the screen (2) (from Mortal Kombat Komplete edition)

sub-zero will use the victory animation named flash freeze (3) (from Mortal Kombat 11)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Series Symbol: Dragon's icon

images (3).jpeg

I know this looks like off-topic,i was seeing the character list and it don't have series symbol for DLC characters from new franchises and don't have stock icons for the DLC characters

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Series Symbol: Dragon's icon

View attachment 383838

I know this looks like off-topic,i was seeing the character list and it don't have series symbol for DLC characters from new franchises and don't have stock icons for the DLC characters
I need to make the icons into png files for here on the site and, while not impossible, just something I find time not being able to do. Series symbols on the other hand do not show up on the site well do to a dark color scheme and I’m lazy to make the symbols into lighter colors.

They are all on the wikis though

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your submissions! I’ll provide the results this weekend.

I’m currently on mobile now so I apologize if formatting is bad but we will be moving into…

Submit a Mortal Kombat Stage

While I struggled with wanting to limit this to “cold” environments, I decided to allow people to submit fro the library of MK stages. Again, I’m on mobile so you know the drill in regards to stage Submissions about what should be added.

Submit MK music

Likewise, we will be submitting MK music. The “Mortal Kombat Theme Song” is a confirmed addition. You can submit 3.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Stage:
1706755248157.png

The Pit

A staple of the Mortal Kombat series since its inception. Initially, the Pit is a semi-walk-off stage with similar stage mechanics as King Of Fighters Stadium, but with an extra one at the bottom: If you spike somebody while their damage is at 75% or higher, you'll break open the stage and access a lower part:

1706755347351.png

The lower part of the Pit is a spike-filled hellscape (minus all the corpses and gore). The corpses shown here will be replaced with bundled-up skeletons that will serve as platforms for fighters to stand on, up to three being scattered across the pillars on random positions. The spikes at the very bottom function similar to Great Cave Offensive's Danger Zones and will instantly KO anyone above 100% that touches them.

Music:

The Portal/Shao Kahn's Theme
Goro's Lair
Throne Room (Legendary)

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Stage:
View attachment 383859
The Pit

A staple of the Mortal Kombat series since its inception. Initially, the Pit is a semi-walk-off stage with similar stage mechanics as King Of Fighters Stadium, but with an extra one at the bottom: If you spike somebody while their damage is at 75% or higher, you'll break open the stage and access a lower part:

View attachment 383860

The lower part of the Pit is a spike-filled hellscape (minus all the corpses and gore). The corpses shown here will be replaced with ice statues that will serve as platforms for fighters to stand on, up to three being scattered across the pillars on random positions. The spikes at the very bottom function similar to Great Cave Offensive's Danger Zones and will instantly KO anyone above 100% that touches them.

i like this idea,but i think that human skeletons makes more sense than ice statues

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Mk2_shaokahnarena.png

arena.jpg

Shao Khan's Arena
Takes place in front of the the Khan's chair as he watches the battle. It's a mix of the MK2 and the MK9 version. It's kind of like Mishima Djojo, an arena players fight in the middle of and you can throw them out the side. There are two platforms you can use above the throne. Various characters cameo in the background from across the series, some chained up, some having their own fights in the background and some just chilling and watching. Shao Khan will comment on the battle and will cheer and shout when fighters are knocked out. He may shout "finish him\her\them!" When fighters are at low stocks or it's a sudden death.

Shao Khan
Liu Kang
King Lao
Scorpion
Goro
Raiden
Shang Tsung
Johnny Cage
Sonya Blade
Kano
Baraka
Ermac
Kitana (censored)
Mileena (censored)
Sindel
Shang Tsung
Quan Chi
Reptile
Ashra
Kenshi
Nitara
Li Mei
Kotal Kahn
Cyrax
Sektor

The Subway
The Courtyard
Character Select Theme (Mortal Kombat)

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Deadwoods

I will stick to the theme. May not be the most iconic stage but i always liked it & remember it being promoted decently for MKX.

Stage will be flat & have the same wall mechanic as KoF stadium. The gimmick of the stage will be interactions available when hazards are on. Interaction will glow white when available & can be used once but become available again after a cooldown (30 sec?)
  • A tree branch that can be attacked & fall from tree that then can be used as a battering item.
  • A specific tree & tree stump that can give any fighter a free jump.
  • A tree branch the you can ride & swing across the stage doing damage to anyone caught in-between.
  • A broken tree stump that can be picked-up & thrown at opponents
Kameos would be based on MK1 & include
  1. Scorpion
  2. Raiden
  3. Lui Kang
  4. Johnny Cage
  5. Kitana
  6. General Shao

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your submissions! Here are our current submissions!

Stage:
View attachment 383859
The Pit

View attachment 383860

The lower part of the Pit is a spike-filled hellscape (minus all the corpses and gore). The corpses shown here will be replaced with bundled-up skeletons that will serve as platforms for fighters to stand on, up to three being scattered across the pillars on random positions. The spikes at the very bottom function similar to Great Cave Offensive's Danger Zones and will instantly KO anyone above 100% that touches them.

Music:

The Portal/Shao Kahn's Theme
Goro's Lair
Throne Room (Legendary)
View attachment 383874
View attachment 383875
Shao Khan's Arena
Takes place in front of the the Khan's chair as he watches the battle. It's a mix of the MK2 and the MK9 version. It's kind of like Mishima Djojo, an arena players fight in the middle of and you can throw them out the side. There are two platforms you can use above the throne. Various characters cameo in the background from across the series, some chained up, some having their own fights in the background and some just chilling and watching. Shao Khan will comment on the battle and will cheer and shout when fighters are knocked out. He may shout "finish him\her\them!" When fighters are at low stocks or it's a sudden death.

Shao Khan
Liu Kang
King Lao
Scorpion
Goro
Raiden
Shang Tsung
Johnny Cage
Sonya Blade
Kano
Baraka
Ermac
Kitana (censored)
Mileena (censored)
Sindel
Shang Tsung
Quan Chi
Reptile
Ashra
Kenshi
Nitara
Li Mei
Kotal Kahn
Cyrax
Sektor

The Subway
The Courtyard
Character Select Theme (Mortal Kombat)
Deadwoods

I will stick to the theme. May not be the most iconic stage but i always liked it & remember it being promoted decently for MKX.

Stage will be flat & have the same wall mechanic as KoF stadium. The gimmick of the stage will be interactions available when hazards are on. Interaction will glow white when available & can be used once but become available again after a cooldown (30 sec?)
  • A tree branch that can be attacked & fall from tree that then can be used as a battering item.
  • A specific tree & tree stump that can give any fighter a free jump.
  • A tree branch the you can ride & swing across the stage doing damage to anyone caught in-between.
  • A broken tree stump that can be picked-up & thrown at opponents
Kameos would be based on MK1 & include
  1. Scorpion
  2. Raiden
  3. Lui Kang
  4. Johnny Cage
  5. Kitana
  6. General Shao
We will be doing the vote via Thread Poll at the top of the thread. Our choices are:

• The Pit
  • Shao Kahns Arena
  • Deadwoods

In addition, here are our musical tracks:

1. Techno Syndrome (Mortal Kombat)
  2. Character Select Theme (Mortal Kombat)
  3. The Courtyard (Motal Komabat)
  4. Goro's Lair (Mortal Kombat)
  5. Throne Room (Legendary) (Mortal Kombat)
  6. Dead Pool - Mortal Kombat II
  7. Tomb Stage - Mortal Kombat II
  8. The Portal/Shao Kahn's Theme (Mortal Kombat II)
  9. The Subway (Mortal Kombat III)
  10. Rooftop Stage - Mortal Kombat III
  11. Character Select (Deadly Alliance)
  12. Tekunin Prison (Mortal Kombat Armageddon)
  13. Subway (MK9)
  14. Destroyed City - Mortal Kombat 10
  15. A Matter of Time - Mortal Kombat 11
  16. Cage Mansion - Mortal Kombat 1
I am still working on getting Sub-Zero content in working order.

Next, we will be moving into going back to our Festival content but our MK coverage will continue. I am debating about Spirits as, while Sub-Zero is fitting, I am not sure if MK Spirits is a fitting addition. It may be a separate add for a later date. I am thinking of the Festival of Fright. Thoughts?

Submit a New Year Festival Costume

We will be submitting a New Year's Festival Costume for characters. This can be from the Western perspective of the New Year or the Chinese perspective of New Years

Submit a Japanese-based Costume

We will be submitting a costume for characters that have a Japanese base to it. We are only accepting a certain number of costumes.

Submit a Winter-based Costume

We will submit a Winter-based costume that is not tied to the winter holidays but, rather, winter in general.

We are accepting the top 2 for each job so 6 total. When submitting, please indicate what color slot it occupies.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
New Year Costume
1706843649550.png

Siwang-Long Ridley

Ridley gains a yellow-and-red alternate costume with a face that more resembles a Chinese dragon's, complete with long pointed ears, long horns and appendeges from the sides of his snout representing a moustache.

Japanese-based Costume
1706843782382.png

Shingen Shoubu (Doom Slayer)

Doom Slayer's suit is replaced with an accurate sci-fi recreation of the signature bright-red armor of Sengoku-era feudal lord Takeda Shingen. The Slayer's helmet gains voluminous white hair and a mustache, the Doomblade is more akin to a wakizashi blade and the Equipment Launcher is modeled after an oozutsu cannon from that same era.

Winter-based Costume
1706844260988.png

Snowquill Set (Link)

Link gains a costume based on the Snowquill Set from both Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom. In those games, the Snowquill Set was armor that protected you from taking damage from cold environments.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Japanese: Tengu Waluigi

New Year: Peony Pac-Man

Appears red most of the time, but turns yellow when going into pizza form.

Winter: Hot Chocolate Iggy Koopa

Turns his clown car into a mug of hot chocolate and gives his wig a marshmallow-white hue. When he jumps out of the car, his lower half is doused in chocolate.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Honestly I think we could do MK spirits. The only issue might be some of the female characters but we can always use the later designs

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
For MK spirits i agree that waiting for a better fitting festival (Fright sounds good). Although maybe i would throw in just a Scorpion spirit for now just almost similar to Ryu coming with a Ken trophy in Smash 4. Think its a decent compromise & would likely fuel a more interesting debate in the fanbase as to whether we would get a proper MK Spirit Event.

NY - NY Festival Corrin

Not sure if this is a better fit for NY or Japanese themes. Wont submit anything for Japanese theme in case this needs to be changed (dont have any major ideas off the top of my head anyway for said theme).

Winter Lara Croft (art by Larreks)

Last edited:
Top Bottom