• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with? I can't operate both the wikia and front page anymore.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Wario Moves:
1694221911527.png

New Neutral Special: Shoulder Bash:
Replacing his Chomp entirely, Wario's new Neutral Special is reminiscent of Sonic's Side Special, having Wario wind up and charge forwards for a powerful singular hit (15%) with strong knockback, bot of which get stronger based on charge. Unleashing this in the air after charging stops all vertical momentum, making it good for recovery.

1694221957046.png

New Dash Attack: Roll:
To make up for this lack of a Dash attack, we now have Wario curl into a ball and roll along the ground, much in the same manner as Donkey Kong. While rolling he can jump, making this good for forwards-advancing approaches, and it deals a good burst of 8% damage with medium knockback.

Ryu Alt:
1694221567842.png

Luke Sullivan (Blue Bearded)
The next-generation cover character for the Street Fighter franchise much in the same way as Alex was in SF3, Luke Sullivan got his start as the final Street Fighter V character before becoming the new SF6 cover character. In Smash, Ryu gains orange karate pants while the sash around his shoulder becomes blue and his gloves become yellow, emulating Luke's color palette in SF6. In this costume, the ink effects of Ryu's Focus Attack are reflavoured to sport the colors of his Drive Impact ink effects from Street Fighter 6.

Ken Alt:
1694221699300.png

Jamie Siu (Yellow Jacket)
The drunken master and the Ken to Luke's Ryu, Jamie Siu is a vigilante who keeps the peace whenever he's not butting heads with his rival. In Smash, Ken gains yellow karate pants with a red t-shirt, along with a yellow aviator jacket with red gloves, emulating Jamie's color palette in SF6. In this costume, the ink effects of Ken's Focus Attack are reflavoured to sport the colors of his Drive Impact ink effects from Street Fighter 6.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ryu Color: Gouken
Considering how he looks more monk-like, I consider fitting a palette based on his master.
1694230559782.png

Ken Color: Special

Based on the Pre-Order color, that at the same time is a reference to Dante.
1694230452827.png

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I forgot to add links for Ryu and Ken on the main SF6 website that shows their color swaps for their main appearances. For fighting characters, Smash typically takes references from these swaps rather than actual characters. Not saying we should do that but it keeps with the trend for fighting game characters and their alternate colors

In addition, here is the information for the alternate colors they have from prior Smash games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPK2K78Evow
RyuHeadSSBU.png
RyuHeadGreySSBU.png
RyuHeadCyanSSBU.png
RyuHeadBlackSSBU.png
RyuHeadOrangeSSBU.png
RyuHeadBlueSSBU.png
RyuHeadGreenSSBU.png
RyuHeadPurpleSSBU.png
Most of Ryu's costumes appear to derive from his alternate colors in Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

WhiteContains elements from his appearances in Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter V.
GreyResembles his alternate color in Street Fighter II': Champion Edition when playing in a Mirror Match. It also resembles his "Medium Punch" color ("Strong" in reference source).
CyanResembles his default color in Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting. Also resembles his "Heavy Punch" color ("Fierce" in reference source) and hisappearances in Street Fighter and the Street Fighter Alpha titles.
BlackResembles his "Light Punch" color ("Jab" in reference source).
OrangeResembles his "Light Kick" color ("Short" in reference source). Also resembles Ryo Sakazaki, a fighter from SNK's Art of Fighting series.
BlueResembles his "Medium Kick" color ("Forward" in reference source).
GreenResembles his "Heavy Kick" color ("Roundhouse" in reference source).
PurpleResembles his tenth color in Street Fighter V. This replaces his red alternate costume from the last game.

Ken Palette (SSBU).png
KenHeadSSBU.png
KenHeadGreySSBU.png
KenHeadBlueSSBU.png
KenHeadWhiteSSBU.png
KenHeadGreenSSBU.png
KenHeadYellowSSBU.png
KenHeadCyanSSBU.png
KenHeadBlackSSBU.png
Most of Ken's costumes seem to largely derive from his alternate costumes from Super Street Fighter II Turbo. The attributed references below come from that game unless otherwise specified.

RedBased on his appearance in Street Fighter II with elements lifted from Street Fighter IV,
GreyResembles his alternate color in Street Fighter II': Champion Edition when playing in a Mirror Match. Also resembles his "Medium Punch" color ("Strong" in reference source).
BlueResembles his default color in Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting. Also resembles his "Heavy Punch" color ("Fierce" in reference source).
WhiteResembles his "Light Punch" color ("Jab" in reference source).
GreenResembles his "Light Kick" color ("Short" in reference source).
YellowResembles his "Start button" color. It is also reminiscent of the gi worn by his disciple, Sean Matsuda.
CyanResembles his "Medium Kick" color ("Forward" in reference source).
BlackResembles his EX (LK+HP) color in Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact. Also resembles Violent Ken's alternate costume in SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos and his fifth costume in Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I change Ryu with the color 7. Btw maybe not really noteworthy but we can say that the effects of his final smashes also change to reflect his Super/Critical Arts? I was thinking in even say that the final smashes are stronger in 100% or more like how CA works in SF6 but I ain't sure if that's too much I just want Ryu to have the sickest version of the Shin Shoryuken. The same change would apply to Ken but I ain't sure if that would also mean change his Final Smashes too.
1694266319607.png

Wario NEW Down Smash - Earthshake Punch
Wario will violently punch the ground with the possibility to even bury enemies withit.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Wario's Moveset
I don't know if I'm actually allowed to do this, because it does relate to the two moves we aren't allowed to replace. However, I would like to make a minor amendment to them.

The problem with both Wario Bike and Wario Waft at the moment is that you sort of have to get a feel for when they're available - whilst there is a minor change in Wario's stomach size depending on how charged-up Waft is, for instance, I feel that such a minor alteration in his appearance shouldn't be the only visual shorthand through which you're able to see what kind of Waft he has access to - and that's not even getting to his Bike, which has literally no indication beyond "6 seconds has passed".

Both moves are totally worth keeping around, for the record, but given that UI alterations are more common now... well, what if he had this?

Wario's Waft is now visually indicated by the garlic to his left as well as a visible miasma around him, whilst his Bike is indicated by the fuse ticking down after the Bike's destruction. Once the bomb blows, you can use the bike again! The bomb itself is also an iconic piece of WarioWare UI, so it's not too nonsensical in terms of including it given it's an everpresent force throughout the series.

I think this'd just be a nice addition to have so that you can work around his special moves without as much guesswork. Feel free to tell me if it's vetoed, though, as I recognise that this is literally a change to the two moves we aren't allowed to change.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the stage voting!

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
It's War!1 (2)02
Somniel044
Alterna5 (10)212
Stone of Advancement4 (8)412

Due to having a tie between Alterna and Stone of Advancement, we will have to conduct a tiebreaker to decide which stage to go with. While I would be perfectly fine adding both, we got two newcomers left, a first party and third party, and only 2 more stages left. If we were to add both, this would leave only one more stage left.

You can see the tiebreaker poll at the top of the thread.

Next, here are the list of echo fighter submissions!

I decided to group the Mario Echo and the Pikmin Echo submissions into their own grouping to avoid the votes from cannibalizing one another. If either win, we will hold voting for that category.

Here are the listings:

• Felix (Echo of Isaac from Golden Sun)
  • Super Mario Bros Echoes (Birdo (Yoshi), Gooigi (Luigi), and Dry Bowser (Bowser))
  • Funky Kong (Echo of Donkey Kong)
  • Doc Louis (Echo of Little Mac)
  • Pikmin Echoes (Leafling, Louie, and Rescue Corps Officer (all Olimar))
Please make sure to vote which you can do here
HERE IS THE VOTING LINK

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Also, according to the poll, Alterna from Splatoon 3. I won’t be back to put up Echo results until late and, even then, I may not be able to be available to post results until tomorrow. That being said, we do have a clear leader but the number of votes shows that there is possibility for the second runner-up to get within striking range.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you for your votes, everyone!

I will be presenting the winner of the Echo Fighter voting.

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Felix3 (9)2 (4)518
Super Mario1 (3)3 (6)716
Funky Kong4 (12)6 (12)125
Doc Louis2 (6)2 (4)212
Pikmin6 (18)3 (6)125

Due to the nature of the votes, we will be conducting a tiebreaker (yet again) between....

vs

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here is the general timeline of our submissions this week:

1. Mii Costumes
  2. Echo Fighter related
  3. Echo Fighter related
  4. Assist Trophy
  5. Game Mode
  6. Boss Submission
  7. Music Submission
  8. Spirit Submission

So I was trying to find out what would be a fun job to do regarding Mii Costumes. I am not sure if this will work but I want to give it a try by giving our Mii Fighters....

Elemental Costumes

I was originally considering doing Pokemon typing costumes but I felt that it would be slightly too much so I decided to go about the general typing.
  • Water
  • Fire
  • Ice
  • Earth
  • Nature
  • Lightning
  • Wind
  • Light
  • Darkness
When submitting, please provide the Mii Costume name, what element it is, and how the element may affect the weapons (gloves, sword, or arm cannon). We do have a lot of Brawler so perhaps utilize the Swordfighter and Gunner classes as well. We will include each element and will vote when we get multiple submissions. If you see one class submitted, please submit another class (For example, if someone submits a Fire Mii Brawler, then submit a Fire Mii Swordfighter).

In regards to aesthetic, we are looking for a single costume that doesn't look at one specific aspect of each element (like a fire dancer for Fire) but an over-arching elemental aesthetic that ties in the typical motifs and tropes of those elements. For example, ice should incorporate elements of ice and snow in a cbattle-like costume rather than just a person in a snowcoat.

The idea is to take our mii costume, base it off one of the elements, and use typical motifs and tropes of that element to tie together a design. Therefore, we shouldn't be pinpointed on a single basis for the Mii Costumes, say a fire dancer or wood elf, but a Mii Costume that ties all imagery of nature into one Mii Costume. This is so the elemental mii costumes can be coupled into a set that works together. This is because we will be incorproating Mii Costumes that also have a similar "set" appearance that is not based on games.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Nature (Universal)
1694387789908.png

This Mii Costume represents the element Nature. In Smash Bros, the body is similar to a mother tree, looking like a beautiful dress using branches as the cowl and the roots as a blouse, with vines being used as limbs and using various plants for weapons. For the headpiece, the Mii in question will wear a large tree canopy like a clown's wig. As for the weapons...
1694387884794.png
The Mii Brawler will use venus flytraps as stand-ins for fist weapons, biting for each attack used.

1694388023039.png

The Mii Swordfighter will use a cactus in place of a sword.

1694388068898.png

The Mii Gunner will use a pitcher plant as a makeshift weapon.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Mii Costume Name: Tengu
Mii Fighter Type: Swordfighter
Elemental Association: Wind

The Tengu is a form of Yokai in Japanese mythology, with their tales originally featuring them as deadly and powerful warriors, but eventually softening their portrayal into fierce defenders of the mountains and forests. They're commonly associated with the wind, and have featured in plenty of pieces of pop culture over the years, though given their nature as a Japanese creation, they're predominantly found in Japanese media.

As for how this would work, the costume would replace the Swordfighter's sword with a fan, befitting of a Tengu warrior of some kind. However, the mask is universal, and acts more akin to a ceremonial mask that a person would actually wear. This allows it to be worn with other outfits without incident.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Marionette (Universal)
View attachment 377500
The Marionette is a universal Mii Costume representing Nature, but more specifically Wood, which is considered an element in the Chinese philosophy known as Wuxing. Widely attributed to the character Pinocchio, marionettes have been a popular method of puppet performances throughout the years. In Smash Bros, the weapons include wooden fists for Brawler, a toy sword for Swordfighter and a cork-gun for Gunner. As an added bonus detail, whenever a Mii Fighter is wearing the full Marionette set, that Mii Fighter will have strings hanging from the top of the screen controlling that Mii Fighter.
Mii Costume Name: Tengu
Mii Fighter Type: Swordfighter
Elemental Association: Wind

The Tengu is a form of Yokai in Japanese mythology, with their tales originally featuring them as deadly and powerful warriors, but eventually softening their portrayal into fierce defenders of the mountains and forests. They're commonly associated with the wind, and have featured in plenty of pieces of pop culture over the years, though given their nature as a Japanese creation, they're predominantly found in Japanese media.

As for how this would work, the costume would replace the Swordfighter's sword with a fan, befitting of a Tengu warrior of some kind. However, the mask is universal, and acts more akin to a ceremonial mask that a person would actually wear. This allows it to be worn with other outfits without incident.
Sorry, I forgot to clearly explain what I am looking for. I am not looking for a single appearance based on an element (take the tengu for wind and marionette for wood) but rather a costume that ties the entire element into one. The costumes should not use a real-world base as a costume but should be a user-created outfit. Also, we already have Tengu from Infinite. The idea is for you to submit a Mii Costume based on your own design that utilizes imagery from that element.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Sorry, I forgot to clearly explain what I am looking for. I am not looking for a single appearance based on an element (take the tengu for wind and marionette for wood) but rather a costume that ties the entire element into one. The costumes should not use a real-world base as a costume but should be a user-created outfit. Also, we already have Tengu from Infinite. The idea is for you to submit a Mii Costume based on your own design that utilizes imagery from that element.
...AAAAH, okay. Well, the Marionette has some salvageable elements...

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Sorry for the misunderstanding! (And the lack of research.) In that case...

Mii Costume Name: Golem
Mii Fighter Type: All three!
Elemental Association: Earth

Effectively, this has the Mii's entire body covered in a rocky exterior, akin to The Thing - albeit grey and with a distinctly mossy appearance. It looks a little like armour, except for the fact that it's implied to literally be the Mii's appearance when wearing the costume. In addition, the headgear's eyes glow slightly, implying some sort of magical power has brought the stones together and animated them...

It'll have stone weapons depending on what class you play as, too. If on a Brawler, it'll give them large stony fists - if on a Swordfighter, it'll give them a big stone club - and if on a Gunner, it'll give them a magically glowing stone armcannon.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Sorry. We could also maybe save that idea for Mokujin from Tekken as well :)

Let's go with something that screams more "nature"!
Got it done! Should be something that better-fits the theme!

Nature (Universal)
View attachment 377507
This Mii Costume represents the element Nature. In Smash Bros, the body is similar to a mother tree, looking like a beautiful dress using branches as the cowl and the roots as a blouse, with vines being used as limbs and using various plants for weapons. For the headpiece, the Mii in question will wear a large tree canopy like a clown's wig. As for the weapons...
View attachment 377509
The Mii Brawler will use venus flytraps as stand-ins for fist weapons, biting for each attack used.

View attachment 377510
The Mii Swordfighter will use a cactus in place of a sword.

View attachment 377511
The Mii Gunner will use a pitcher plant as a makeshift weapon.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Got it done! Should be something that better-fits the theme!
Thank you. I sometimes forget people cannot read my thoughts.

I do have three more sets like this that incorporate a cohesive theme rather than just sporadic stuff thrown in. I would like the elemental costumes to be used for every class....perhaps we can maybe make them work if we don't get enough submissions.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Thank you for your votes, everyone!

I will be presenting the winner of the Echo Fighter voting.

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Felix3 (9)2 (4)518
Super Mario1 (3)3 (6)716
Funky Kong4 (12)6 (12)125
Doc Louis2 (6)2 (4)212
Pikmin6 (18)3 (6)125

Due to the nature of the votes, we will be conducting a tiebreaker (yet again) between....

vs
New Funky Mode now with Extra Dandori Issue

GolisoPower

Smash Master
In other news, I'm doing a WIP draft of the boxart for SSBIB. It's...a little awful at the moment but I'll try to improve.
1694399280305.png

My plan ATM is to have the first characters of all the previous entries (Mario, Peach, Meta Knight, Villager, Inkling and Isaac) square off against the Infinite Beyond newcomers (So far Saki, Gholdengo, and whoever becomes our Pikmin Echo from the looks of it) with Master Hand in the background. Sounds fun, right?

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Elemental Costume: Snowman (Ice)
The classic despiction of the snowman with hat and red scard. This is an universal costume, as a swordfighter the sword is replaced by a carrot while as a gunner the arm converts into some sort of snow cannon.[/SPOILER]

Eeeeeh nevermind I didn't looked what Venus said before, it didn't appeared in the timeline, I'll think in something else later.

Fire Elemental (Mii Swordfighter)
1694408148590.png
1694408190645.png

I take Pyron as a basis of how it would look, just without horns and more cartoonish. A Mii completely surrounded by flames, with a burning sword in top of it.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Seeing our lack of submissions, you may add

Ice
The helmet consists of a crown of ice that sparkles and shines while on the playing field. The outfit itself is a winter-type coat but with icicles lining the shoulder blades which causes the arms and hands to be encased in ice. The pants are also winter-type pants with the feet encased in ice. Ice effects glimmer about the Mii costume which adds to the mystery of them. The classes are:

Mii Brawler utilizes ice gauntlets
Mii Swordfighter uses a sword of ice
Mii Gunner uses a cannon made of ice

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Based on the above poll, our next character will be from the Pikmin series. However, due to having mutluple submissions, we have to do a poll lol

1694468458103.png

Please check the above poll for voting on which Pikemin character to include
  • Leafling
  • Louie
  • Rescue Corps Officer

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I totaly get the desire to do a Pikmin 4 character and I think both would be cool. But I think Louie is long overdue. He's been in the series since 2 and has played a big role in the series and is even the main villain in Pikmin 4. His slightly different shape means he could have a different feel from Olimar while still having the same base

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I totaly get the desire to do a Pikmin 4 character and I think both would be cool. But I think Louie is long overdue. He's been in the series since 2 and has played a big role in the series and is even the main villain in Pikmin 4. His slightly different shape means he could have a different feel from Olimar while still having the same base
I'd argue that Louie should be an entirely unique set from Olimar. I understand he's supposed to be the "Player 2" of the bunch and all, but he's more known for controlling the bosses you've fought since Pikmin 2 and just overall being a menace. If Louie is gonna be in Smash then his kit should be around that instead of just an Echo for Olimar.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Chose Rescue Corps Officer for a variety of reasons. Leafling is literally just Olimar and I personally prefer echos that are actually different characters than the same one in a different form. I feel like Red Leafling could just be an alternate costume for Olimar, plus the Rescue Corps Officer has a customization option to look like a Leafling so they could technically them as an alt and be more representation. Louie is nice and all but I'd rather have playable representation for Pikmin 4 included, especially with Ice and Glow Pikmin, the first 3 games all already have their representation in Olimar's moveset, with Pikmin 2 already being represented by Purples and Whites.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'd argue that Louie should be an entirely unique set from Olimar. I understand he's supposed to be the "Player 2" of the bunch and all, but he's more known for controlling the bosses you've fought since Pikmin 2 and just overall being a menace. If Louie is gonna be in Smash then his kit should be around that instead of just an Echo for Olimar.
At the end of all things, we are only having one Pikmin rep and it's an Echo.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Absolutely. That's why I'm picking Rescue Corps Officer.
Gotcha. The reasoning you gave made it sound like you were waiting for the opportunity for Louie to be able to be submitted as a unique character. Just wanted to make everything clear :)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ngl I don't know and kinda don't either care for Pikmin and while I heard how they can be different in my eyes it kinda feels like better just add more things to Olimar.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue to allow Mii costume submissions. We have earth, fire, ice, and nature so far. Still looking to fill in water, wind, lightning, dark, and light. It will be Mii costumes for all classes that changes the weapon used.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Changing votes is not allowed on polls because I have no way to regulate how many times someone can change. If it allowed people maybe one time to change a vote, that is fine. But changing votes is one reason why I migrated to the Google Forms as we had people changing votes left and right and gaming the system to their favorite advantage. It is disingenuous and unfair.

Top Bottom