• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I’m considering the best approach in regards to developing Sol. The character would obviously have technical inputs and the like from GG. I did a deep dive before for our news articles here on the site which we could look into.

But the question is…

Should we do open submissions with people submitting gimmicks and then moves as we usually do?

Or go the previous route where everyone crafts up a gimmick and moveset and then submits it? This allows it to be more uniformal. We went this route with Iori.

Last edited:
So I’m considering the best approach in regards to developing Sol. The character would obviously have technical inputs and the like from GG. I did a deep dive before for our news articles here on the site which we could look into.

But the question is…

Should we do open submissions with people submitting gimmicks and then moves as we usually do?

Or go the previous route where everyone crafts up a gimmick and moveset and then submits it? This allows it to be more uniformal. We went this route with Iori.
I would say yes.
People should be creative for Sol's gimmick, since his game is gimmicky, so does Sol.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I think we should go to the same vein has Iori. I think that most people would agree in certain mechanics but not in the way they would work, would be interesing to see the different approach to a same gimmicks.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I decided on the following…

Sol Badguy Gimmick Submissions

Sol Badguy is famous for being from a series infamous for technical mechanics that range from Roman Cancels, air dashes, inputs, and more. The sheer amount of stuff a GG player can do within one character is pretty crazy. While we aren’t aiming to take Sol and import him to Smash and slap an “OK!” sticker on it, we will strive to incorporate as much of what makes Sol and GG the megaliths they are and to do the FGC proud because anything short of that would be considered a failure by FGC standards.

We will be listing Guilty Gear mechanics and how this could fit into Sol’s character kit before we submit moves. Those moves, unlike as per usual, will be required to be submitted in a full moveset or at least the bare essentials in order to be accepted. With that in mine, we will first flesh out his gimmicks on which we can base our movesets on.

When listing a GG mechanic, please explain what that mechanic does in GG. This gives us a bit of an idea how that mechanics works in its source game. Then, after that, please ineiciatr how this could possibly be utilized in Smash. If it’s tied to a particular move, please provide an explanation to which move it could possibly be tied to. This may affect which moves we include in our submissions. This is particualry important for his Dragon Install is we do decide to include this.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ok I think we can add a main mechanic and then some sub ones.
Main Mechanic: Tension Meter
1651340797008.png

Appearence from Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2
The main resource in Guilty Gear games, unlike other games, in Guilty Gear almost all actions increase the tension gauge including just moving, but this has a drawback and is the Negative Penalty that punish the safe game reducing your amount of tension if you block or avoid the battle. In Smash it would work more or less similar but with some changes to make it work better in the game.
  • The tension gauge will increase if you attack
  • The tension gauge will increase a little if you get attacked
  • The tension gauge will increase a little if you walk or run
  • The tension gauge will start to decrease if you stand still for at least 7 seconds
  • The tension gauge will decrease a lot if you use the shield for more than 10 seconds
And so, for what the Tension Gauge would work?, well, there it would be two main actions you can do. The Overdrives and the Roman Cancel.
Sub-Mechanic 1: Overdrives
Works similar to Terry's Super Special Moves but instead of require being at 100% damage and being unlimited here depends of how much tension you have. Which attacks you could do I think is something that would depend of the moveset, but I think we can go with the two more iconic Overdrives of Sol. The Tyrant Rave and the Dragon Install. (The way how the later would work is something that also would depend of the moveset imo). Anyway I will list them.
  • Tyrant Rave: Ok first for all, there are a lot of different versions of the Tyrant Rave. But I think we can go with the more simple one, where he first does an explosive uppercut with his free hand before delivering a second megaton punch wreathed in fire magic amplified with his sword. Think in a more damaging Buster Wolf with less range. Requires 50% tension.
  • Dragon Install: The Dragon Install is a transformation-type Super where Sol removes his Gear Suppresor and unleash his original power has a Gear. In game is a high-risk high-reward super in which Sol’s movement speed is increased, his normals become noticably faster and safer, and his specials are all buffed significantly (and depending of the game he gain a new special move, in XX he gains an axe dive kick called Slam and in Xrd he can use an air grab called P.B.B.). When the mode’s natural duration ends and Sol returns to neutral on the ground, he is forced into a lengthy recovery animation, making him incredibly vulnerable to a counter-offensive, the transformation can also be interruped with a high damaging move.
  • Alternatively, in Strive he gained the Overdrive Heavy Mob Cementery where he only transforms temporaly into his Dragon Install forms and makes a super command grab that wins against more or less anything, being the most safe to avoid it jump.
    • I looked some movesets that makes the Heavy Mob Cementery a super that can only be accesed after transforming in Dragon Install finishing the transformation at the process, just for say.
Sub-Mechanic 2: Roman Cancel
There are some characters that has a Shield Special, Sol could be one of them, with at least 50% tension you can cancel any animation, being an attack or even the damage animation, unlike his game where we have a lot of different Roman Cancels I think we can just have a one, the basic blue. ( I honestly think we can do without this mechanic, it's iconic but I consider it a bit too complex).

Sub-Mechanic 3: Air Dashing
This one is too simple to not be here, Sol can sacrifice a second jump for do a sprint in the air.

And of course, would have input motions.

EDIT just to explain the way the Overdrives works.

EDIT 2: GolisoPower's version is far better, so I will submitting his idea.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
As far as gimmicks go, I imagine Sol being, in a sense, a blend between Terry and Kazuya: from Terry, we have simplistic normals that don't require precision to use one or the other, as well as some Command Inputs for using Specials. From Kazuya, however, we have mechanics pulled straight out of the series:
  • Tension Gauge: An absolute must-have. Tension is a part of anything you do and the way it functions in Guilty Gear proper seems like a perfect addition as-is. For the uninitiated, Tension builds up by moving towards your foe and landing attacks. But keep yourself too far away or play too defensively (Dodging, shielding, running away, etc.) and you lose all Tension that you have and gain a Tension at 1/5 the rate for 10 seconds after. This, unlike other gauges like MP, Durability, and Limit Gauge, encourages Sol players to get up close and personal with their foe. They're also fuel for Overdrives, which are Super Special Moves that cost 50% Tension to use:
    • Tyrant Rave (→↓←→+A/B): Effectively a stationary Buster Wolf, Tyrant Rave is an explosive two-hit attack that's great for racking up damage.
      • 1st Hit: 2%, 2nd Hit: 38%
    • Dragon Install (↓←↓←+A/B): A 7-second temporary transformation that Sol can access to bolster hit movement speed, shorten the frame data on his moves and enhance his Specials The timer is paused whenever Sol hits a foe, initiates a throw, or initiates Tyrant Rave.

• Roman Canceling: A Shield Special tied to Tension and another must-have. Roman Canceling basically locks your opponent in place with each different color of Roman Cancel corresponding to different situations:
    • Blue Roman Cancel: Only used when doing nothing.
    • Yellow Roman Cancel: Can be used while blocking an attack, allowing Sol to counter his foes hard.
    • Red Roman Cancel: Only used upon striking a foe and during the hitstun or blockstun of a foe.
    • Purple Roman Cancel: Only used during the late active frames and endlag of a move.
I'd argue that if we can give Iori his Max Mode stuff, then we can give Sol all the Roman Cancels found in STRIVE.

• Airdashing: A minor mechanic much like Terry's Spot Dodge Attack, but would make Sol feel more like a GG character transplanted into Smash. Moving horizontally as you're jumping would be the "walk" while smashing the jump input horizontally will cause you to burst forwards. Imagine air dodging, but riskier.
EDIT: HOLD UP, I just got hit with inspiration:
  • Gatling Combos: Sol's Jab, F-tilt, U-tilt, D-tilt are interweaved together to make a Dancing Blade-style system, and as such all of the aforementioned inputs have three stages of hits, allowing Sol players to mix up their combos. This means that instead of the usual sequential hits on some foes, Sol can use D-tilt 1, Jab 2, and U-tilt 3 instead of only 3 hits of D-tilt.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Based on what I have seen, the following are agreed mechanics that should be incorporated into Sol's toolkit.

Tension Meter
Roman Canceling
Overdrive
Air Dash

We have two notable submissions regarding these two mechanics:

Ok I think we can add a main mechanic and then some sub ones.
Main Mechanic: Tension Meter
View attachment 351601

Appearence from Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2
The main resource in Guilty Gear games, unlike other games, in Guilty Gear almost all actions increase the tension gauge including just moving, but this has a drawback and is the Negative Penalty that punish the safe game reducing your amount of tension if you block or avoid the battle. In Smash it would work more or less similar but with some changes to make it work better in the game.
  • The tension gauge will increase if you attack
  • The tension gauge will increase a little if you get attacked
  • The tension gauge will increase a little if you walk or run
  • The tension gauge will start to decrease if you stand still for at least 7 seconds
  • The tension gauge will decrease a lot if you use the shield for more than 10 seconds
And so, for what the Tension Gauge would work?, well, there it would be two main actions you can do. The Overdrives and the Roman Cancel.
Sub-Mechanic 1: Overdrives
Works similar to Terry's Super Special Moves but instead of require being at 100% damage and being unlimited here depends of how much tension you have. Which attacks you could do I think is something that would depend of the moveset, but I think we can go with the two more iconic Overdrives of Sol. The Tyrant Rave and the Dragon Install. (The way how the later would work is something that also would depend of the moveset imo). Anyway I will list them.
  • Tyrant Rave: Ok first for all, there are a lot of different versions of the Tyrant Rave. But I think we can go with the more simple one, where he first does an explosive uppercut with his free hand before delivering a second megaton punch wreathed in fire magic amplified with his sword. Think in a more damaging Buster Wolf with less range. Requires 50% tension.
  • Dragon Install: The Dragon Install is a transformation-type Super where Sol removes his Gear Suppresor and unleash his original power has a Gear. In game is a high-risk high-reward super in which Sol’s movement speed is increased, his normals become noticably faster and safer, and his specials are all buffed significantly (and depending of the game he gain a new special move, in XX he gains an axe dive kick called Slam and in Xrd he can use an air grab called P.B.B.). When the mode’s natural duration ends and Sol returns to neutral on the ground, he is forced into a lengthy recovery animation, making him incredibly vulnerable to a counter-offensive, the transformation can also be interruped with a high damaging move.
  • Alternatively, in Strive he gained the Overdrive Heavy Mob Cementery where he only transforms temporaly into his Dragon Install forms and makes a super command grab that wins against more or less anything, being the most safe to avoid it jump.
    • I looked some movesets that makes the Heavy Mob Cementery a super that can only be accesed after transforming in Dragon Install finishing the transformation at the process, just for say.
Sub-Mechanic 2: Roman Cancel
There are some characters that has a Shield Special, Sol could be one of them, with at least 50% tension you can cancel any animation, being an attack or even the damage animation, unlike his game where we have a lot of different Roman Cancels I think we can just have a one, the basic blue. ( I honestly think we can do without this mechanic, it's iconic but I consider it a bit too complex).

Sub-Mechanic 3: Air Dashing
This one is too simple to not be here, Sol can sacrifice a second jump for do a sprint in the air.

And of course, would have input motions.

EDIT just to explain the way the Overdrives works.

EDIT 2: GolisoPower's version is far better, so I will submitting his idea.
As far as gimmicks go, I imagine Sol being, in a sense, a blend between Terry and Kazuya: from Terry, we have simplistic normals that don't require precision to use one or the other, as well as some Command Inputs for using Specials. From Kazuya, however, we have mechanics pulled straight out of the series:
  • Tension Gauge: An absolute must-have. Tension is a part of anything you do and the way it functions in Guilty Gear proper seems like a perfect addition as-is. For the uninitiated, Tension builds up by moving towards your foe and landing attacks. But keep yourself too far away or play too defensively (Dodging, shielding, running away, etc.) and you lose all Tension that you have and gain a Tension at 1/5 the rate for 10 seconds after. This, unlike other gauges like MP, Durability, and Limit Gauge, encourages Sol players to get up close and personal with their foe. They're also fuel for Overdrives, which are Super Special Moves that cost 50% Tension to use:
    • Tyrant Rave (→↓←→+A/B): Effectively a stationary Buster Wolf, Tyrant Rave is an explosive two-hit attack that's great for racking up damage.
    • Dragon Install (↓←↓←+A/B): A 7-second temporary transformation that Sol can access to bolster hit movement speed, shorten the frame data on his moves and enhance his Specials The timer is paused whenever Sol hits a foe, initiates a throw, or initiates Tyrant Rave.

• Roman Canceling: A Shield Special tied to Tension and another must-have. Roman Canceling basically locks your opponent in place with each different color of Roman Cancel corresponding to different situations:
    • Yellow Roman Cancel: Can be used while blocking an attack, allowing Sol to counter his foes hard.
    • Red Roman Cancel: Only used upon striking a foe and during the hitstun or blockstun of a foe.
    • Purple Roman Cancel: Only used during the late active frames and endlag of a move.
I'd argue that if we can give Iori his Max Mode stuff, then we can give Sol all the Roman Cancels found in STRIVE.

• Airdashing: A minor mechanic much like Terry's Spot Dodge Attack, but would make Sol feel more like a GG character transplanted into Smash. Moving horizontally as you're jumping would be the "walk" while smashing the jump input horizontally will cause you to burst forwards. Imagine air dodging, but riskier.
EDIT: HOLD UP, I just got hit with inspiration:
  • Gatling Combos: Sol's Jab, F-tilt, U-tilt, D-tilt are interweaved together to make a Dancing Blade-style system, and as such all of the aforementioned inputs have three stages of hits, allowing Sol players to mix up their combos. This means that instead of the usual sequential hits on some foes, Sol can use D-tilt 1, Jab 2, and U-tilt 3 instead of only 3 hits of D-tilt.
I want to present these two to the thread. They are both nicely written and really shows the potential Sol could have as a Smash fighter. I could see either one of these being included in Sol's toolkit but I want to leave it up to the thread. Which write up do you think should we go with?

I added this in a poll above.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Based on what I am seeing, indeed, GolisoPower's submission is indeed in a clear lead. That being said, we will be using Goliso's write up but I do want to thank Infinity Sorcerer for their submission.

Here's is Sol's amazing toolkit:

Main Character Mechanic: Tension Gauge
Sub Mechanic 1: Roman Cancels
Sub Mechanic 2: Air Dash
Sub Mechanic 3: Gatling Combo

Alright, we will begin to submit Sol movesets!

Do the intricacy of the movesets, we will allow for two days worth of submissions to pass. You may submit a full moveset or just the specials but THEY ALL MUST BE WITHIN A SET. We want to encourage a full moveset though due to moves needing to be uniformal.

We will also allow users to submit a fourth Special in the same vein as Terry and Iori. When submitting, do try to keep the submissions clean and organized as to make reading easier and more comprehensible. You may but don;t have to include damage percentages.

When submitting the Jab, F-tilt and D-tilt, please keep in mind that there is a Gatling Combo mechanic ties to them.

Finally, when submitting, please provide input commands for the character. This goes for all 3 or 4 specials that Sol has. Please note that the following are already mapped:
Tyrant Rave (→↓←→+A/B)
Dragon Install (↓←↓←+A/B)

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
ReferenceMoveDescription
Gimmick: Fighting Game CharacterMuch like Ryu, Ken, Terry, Kazuya, and Iori, Sol auto turns towards foes and can use Command Inputs.
Gimmick: AirdashingSol can spend his second jump to dash forward or backward. Moving side to side while jumping is treated like a tilt, whereas airdashing uses a Smash input.

Gimmick: Tension GaugeSol possesses his own Meter: Tension. Tension is filled up to 100% by moving towards your foe and landing attacks on them. The more aggressive you are, the faster you’ll develop Tension.

However, if you play too defensively (Running away, blocking, dodging) for too long, you’ll receive a Negative Penalty and lose all your Tension. It will also reduce the rate at which Tension is built over the next 10 seconds by ⅕ the rate.
Super Special Move: Tyrant Rave (→↓←→+A/B)A two-hit attack with Buster Wolf-style disjoint on the second hit. Landing the first hit is guaranteed to follow through with the second hit.

(Normal: 2%, 38%), (DI: 3%, 58%)

Super Special Move: Dragon Install (↓←↓←+A/B)Sol spends 50% of his Tension gauge to temporarily transform for 7 seconds. Sol’s movement is bolstered, his normals are faster and his Specials are buffed. When running out, he enters a pseudo-stunned state where he can be punished and his Tension falls back to 0.
Jab:

F-tilt:

U-tilt:

D-tilt:
Neutral Attack:

Jab: Punch, Forward Punch, Crouching Heavy Slash
F-tilt: Far Slash, Heavy Slash, Forward Heavy Slash
U-tilt: Kick, Jumping Punch, Jumping Heavy Slash
D-tilt: Crouching Punch, Crouching Kick, Crouching Slash
Sol’s Neutral Attack is a Dancing Blade-style system where Sol can mix up his combos, directly inspired by his game’s Gatling Combo system.

Jab:
A jab with Junkyard Dog, followed by a firm, yet short-ranged gut punch, followed by a final upwards slash.

Jab 1: 1%

Jab 2: 3.2%

Jab 3: 3.6%

F-tilt:
Sol slashes twice in front of himself in alternating motions before thrusting the entire weapon like he was shield-bashing.

F-tilt 1: 3%

F-tilt 2: 4%

F-tilt 3: 5.6%

U-tilt:
Sol does a kneeing high kick, followed by a jumping downward punch, then followed by an overhead smash with Junkyard Dog.

U-tilt 1:
Hit 1: 0.3%
Hit 2: 0.5%

U-tilt 2: 3.2%

U-tilt 3:
Hit 1: 2%
Hit 2: 6%

D-tilt:
Sol thrusts the lighter end of Junkyard, followed by a light thrusting kick, then capping off with a horizontal slash.

D-tilt 1: 1.6%

D-tilt 2: 2.4%

D-tilt 3: 5%
Dash attack: FafnirA lunging punch coated in flames. Like with Power Charge, Fafnir was a Special move that Sol could use, but in this instance, this was a Special that can be enhanced by Dragon Install.

11.6% (Normal), 18% (Dragon Install)
Side Smash: Blitz AttackSol powers up with a blue aura in the wind-up before sliding forwards with a hefty hook punch.

15%-21%
Up Smash: DustA clawed uppercut upwards that also possesses a follow-up: by pressing X/Y, Sol can perform a Homing Jump and continue an air combo until 30 frames after the most recent hit.

13.5%-18.9%
Down Smash: Crouching DustSol charges up, then performs a hefty sweep kick.

14%-19.6%
Grab/Pummel: Junkyard SmashGrabbing with his open arm, Sol will then smash Junkyard Dog into the foe’s face, like Byleth’s grab.

0.7% per 18 frames
F-throw: HeadbuttSol performs a single, powerful headbutt to the foe before releasing them.

6%, causes prone state similar to Snake’s D-throw

B-throw: Wild ThrowSol flips the opponent over his shoulder before smashing them into the ground behind him. This is the only throw in his set to be directly enhanced by Dragon Install due to Wild Throw being a Special Move.

8% (Normal), 16% (Dragon Install)
D-throw: Bandit EruptionSol lays the foe down on the ground, places the nozzle of Junkyard Dog on their back and discharges a burst of flame.

12.4%
U-throw: Rising RiotSol bounces the foe off the ground with an overhead kick before following up with a vertical variant of his Riot Stamp.

3%, 7.5%
N-air: Jumping PunchSol performs a simple downward punch similar to his U-tilt 2.

12%
F-air: Jumping KickA forwards-thrusting kick similar to Ryu and Ken’s.

11%
B-air: Jumping SlashSol turns behind himself and brings a mighty swing of his weapon down behind him.

14%
U-air: Jumping DustSol jabs Junkyard Dog upwards, lifting his leg up as he does so.

11.7%
D-air: BreakSol performs a fiery downwards dive kick that has him plummet downwards. If he hits the ground with this, he creates a Prominence Revolt-style explosion where he lands. This is one of two aerials that are directly affected by Dragon Install. In this case, Dragon Instal has a larger explosive hitbox upon hitting the ground and comes out faster.

14%, 10%

Z-air: Air Grab/P.B.B.Unlike other fighters in the series where using Z-air releases a tether, Sol’s Z-air is, in fact, an actual air grab. In this, Sol will grab the opponent, charge up, and unleash a full-power explosion that sends the opponent flying.

If under the effects of Dragon Install, this becomes P.B.B., a 2-hit explosive grab that deals more damage and knockback.

Air Grab: 6%

P.B.B.: 6%, 10%

Neutral Special: Gun FlameA mid-range attack that generates 4 Eruption-style pillars of fire in front of Sol. Sol can press Shield during start-up to feint the attack for mind games, much like Kazuya’s Nejiri Uraken. With Dragon Install active, Sol creates a singular Power Geyser-sized Gun Flame pillar.

Normal: 10%, 8.4%, 6%, 6%

Dragon Install: 20%

Side Special: Ground Viper (←↓→+A/B)/Riot Stamp (↓←+A/B)Forward Special: Charges forwards along the ground, leaving a damaging trail of fire before following up with a Volcanic Viper. With DI active, he leaves behind Prominence Revolt-sized blasts in his wake.

Normal: 5% x 2~6 hits (Dash), 6 x 3 (Uppercut)

Dragon Install: {4%, 10%} x 4~11 hits (Dash), 6.5 * 3 (Uppercut)

Backward Special: Sol hops backward for a bit before colliding with a magic glyph. He then bolts forwards with an outstretched leg. With Dragon Install active, the second hit creates a small explosion.

Normal: 3%, 5%

Dragon Install: 1%, 3% 2% x 5 hits
Up Special: Volcanic Viper/Knockdown (→↓↘+A/B)A fiery, forward-advancing uppercut that has different frame data based on how long you hold the button. Has a roundhouse kick follow-up that can be used by pressing B. With Dragon Install active, it now changes to deal more damage based on whether you’ve tapped or held the button.

Normal: 8%, 5% (Uppercut)

Dragon Install: 4%, 4% x 2 hits (Light Uppercut), 6%, 1.2 * 9 hits (Heavy Uppercut)

Knockdown: 3.2%
Down Special: Bandit Revolver/Bandit Bringer (↓→+A/B)A leaping attack that can follow up with either an overhead kick with the tapped version or a Power Dunk-style downward punch when held. With Dragon Install active, Revolver follow-up deals multiple hits at the start, and Bandit Bringer becomes a disjointed hitbox.

Bandit Revolver:
Normal: 4%, 8%
Dragon Install: 4% * 3, 5%

Bandit Bringer: 10%
1651377790623.png
Shield Special: Roman CancelingUsing Shield-B while possessing 50% Tension Gauge allows Sol to do a Roman Cancel, which comes in 4 different colors based on conditions, slowing down the foe in a Witch Time-style effect and allowing Sol to follow up with certain moves.
Blue Roman Cancel: Only used when doing nothing.
Yellow Roman Cancel: Can be used while blocking an attack, allowing Sol to counter his foes hard.
Red Roman Cancel: Only used upon striking a foe and during the hitstun or blockstun of a foe.
Purple Roman Cancel: Only used during the late active frames and endlag of a move.

Final Smash: Branding BreachA single-target Final Smash, Sol Badguy will catch a foe with the first hit, then follow up with a full-power strike with Junkyard Dog that creates a massive explosion. Much like Triple Wolf, this can catch anyone close by for 50% damage, but the person caught will always be instantly KO’d. If winning the match with this Final Smash, the Announcer will bellow, “DESTROYED!”, which is then succeeded by a unique Win Screen, much like Joker. If using this Final Smash while under the effects of Dragon Install, it instantly kills everyone caught in the blast.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

SOL BADGUY MOVESET

Sol's newest look from Strive, it's true that in Smash the classic appearence is usually the most used but I think his new look is better.
Normals
Most of the moves are taken from Guilty Gear X and XX, but there are few moves taken from The Missing Link, Xrd, Strive or even Order-Sol. Note that all normals doesn't have a particular name and will be refered has their notation in the game where P is from Punch, K is for Kick, S for Slash, H for Heavy Slash and D is for Dust and the numbers represents the direction of the stick. You can see more about that here. It was hard to think how this Gatling combo would work, but since GolisoPower sayed that this would work like Dancing Blade, I think I know how would work, each hit would be a different button with the first hit being P, the second would be K, the third S and the final H being the only direction without this will be the up tilt.

NameInfo
First Hit:
5P/6P/2P
Sol's neutral jab is his classic 5P, Sol use the hilt of his....sword?, to attack the opponent. Is quick and does is job. If it's used has a side tilt, the move would be his 6P, a strong punch that unlike the rest of moves, can't be combo'ed. If it's used has a down tilt it would be his 2P, similar to his 5P but crouching.
Second Hit:
5K/Order's 6K/2K
If the second hit is in neutral it would be 5K, a very straightforward and fast upward kick, his side tilt variant is the Order-Sol's c.S 6k where he does a very strong kick that like Sol's 6P, would end instantly the combo for the knockback. If it's used has down tilt Sol will do a crouching kick with his 2K.
Third Hit:
c.S/f.S/2S
In neutral he will use the close version of his classic close Slash where he attacks crouching a little with his weapon. If is used has a side tilt he does the far Slash version realizing a longer but at the same time slower attack, and the down tilt version is his 2S that is a sweep with his sword.
Fourth Hit:
5H/6H/2H
In neutral Sol will do his classic Heavy Slash where he does a long attack with his blade, if it's used has a side tilt he will do his 6H where he does a crushing attack with his sword smashing the ground. If it's used has a down tilt Sol delivers a heavy uppercut with his sword.​
Up Tilt:
Strive's 2H
Similar to his 4th hit used has a down tilt but with the difference that Sol hits with the hilt of his sword, this made the move more vertical and fast.
Dash Attack:
Dash Kick
A move from the very first Guilty Gear game that its an actual dash attack where Sol'd does a flaming kick.

Smash Attacks
Most of this attacks uses the Dust attacks from Sol, the Up Smash in particular includes a particular gimmick.

NameInfo
Forward Smash:
Xrd's 6H
Sol leans forward and slams his sword in the ground, is his longest non-special attack.

Up Smash:
Strive's 5D
Sol does a strong explosive swipe that launch the opponent. Like in his original game, if you mantain the stick in upward direction Sol would do a homing jump, perfect for do an air combo.

Down Smash:
2D
Sol does a crouching sweep that knockouts the opponent.

Aerials
Since Fighter's Generation also include his jump, here we have his jumping animation too. Nice 2x1.
NameInfo
Neutral Air:
j.P
A regular downwards punch.

Forward Air:
j.D
Oh yeah baby the most iconic Dust attack, if you use the attack in the right time you can get a classic Dustloop!

Back Air:
Order's j.S
One of the moves from his younger persona, Sol turns his back and attack with a spin slash.

Up Air:
Order's j.K
Another move from Order-Sol, Sol does a rising upward kick.

Down Air:
j.S
Sol does a downslash that like other fighters has meteoric propierties if hits correctly.

Grab & Throws

NameInfo
Grab
Sol grabs his enemy with his free hand. Ignore the headbutt.​
Pummel:
Junkyard Jab
Very similar to his 5P, just that is perfomed while the opponent is grabbed.
Forward Throw:
Headbutt
Sol does a headbutt to his opponent, now you can no ignore the headbutt.
Back Throw
Wild Throw
Sol most iconic move in Strive/s. He slams the opponent to his back, it has high knockback.

Up Throw:
Order Knee (Order's 5K)
Based on Order-Sol's 5K, Sol hits his opponent with the knee.

Down Throw:
Sledgehammer
Sol crush his opponent with his sword doing a small explosion at the end.
Air Throw:
Air Throw/P.B.B.
Sol even has an air throw!, isn't that crazy?, is so crazy that he actually not only has one but two!. Regularly he grabs his opponent and does a small burst with his hand, but if he is under the effects of the Dragon Install the move will change to the P.B.B. where he does a dash before explode the rival.

Floor & Ledge Attacks

NameInfo
Floor Attack:
Fixed f.S
It would be similar to his f.S (that we already cover in the 3rd hit section) but change it a little to work has a wake up attack.
Ledge Attack:
Fixed Dash Kick
Sol does a shorter version of his Dash Kick (his usual dash).

Specials
Here is where the fun truly begins.

NameInfo
Neutral Special:
Gunflame/Blockhead Buster
A ground projectile like Terry's Power Wave or Iori's Yami Barai, but unlike their projectiles Sol has more height than distance in his own move, the distance depends if you tap or held the button but both version still being quite short. The aerial variant is a different move called Blockhead Buster (more especifically is the Lvl 1), a move that comes from Order-Sol where Sol does a explosion around the hilt of his weapon.
Forward Special:
Bandit Revolver/Bandit Bringer
Sol does a series of two jumping kicks regularly, since if you held the button you can do instead the Bandit Bringer, where Sol does a powerful dive punch in a similar way to Terry's Power Dunk. You can make the attacks stronger using the input 236 + attack button ( ↓→ + attack), the Bandit Revolver gains a follow up kick meanwhile the Bandit Bringer gains meteoric propierties.
Back Special:
Ground Viper/Riot Stamp
In the ground Sol performs the Ground Viper, a strong, louder, high risk and high reward attack where he charges forward at the ground delivering a strong uppercut at the end, you can mash the button to increase the distance. Using the input 214 + attack button ( ↓← + attack) instead of a regular uppercut the moves ends with a Volcanic Viper.
In the air the move changes to Riot Stamp, Sol hops backwards and then he impulses himself with a glyph that appears behind him to do a flying flaming kick. Using the input 214 + attack button ( ↓← + attack) the attack gains knockback.
Up Special:
Volcanic Viper
Sol's own DP, he does a powerful burning uppercut using his sword, similar to Ken's Strong Shoryuken but trading some height for a bigger hitbox. The only problem is that the move isn't a very good recovery. Use the command version 623 + attack button ( →↓↘ + attack) for increase a little the height. Sol also has an input exclusive follow up called Knockdown, where Sol strikes the opponet to the floor with a kick, the input being 214 + attack button ( ↓← + attack).
Down Special:
Fafnir/Breaker
Fafnir is a powerful forward punch that has the same kill power of a Falcon Punch without the needing of being charged (but still being a very slow and easy punishable attack) and a perfect shield breaker. You can use the command 41236 + attack ( ←↓→ + attack) for deal more damage.
In the air this move changes for Breaker, a flaming dive kick that you must be careful to use since it has a slighlty diagonal direction and when you use it, doesn't have any stop, so if you use it in a risk, have a nice fall! Should be noted that Breaker doesn't has any motion unlike Fafnir.
Shield Special:
Roman Cancel
Using Shield-B while possessing 50% Tension Gauge allows Sol to do a Roman Cancel, which comes in 4 different colors based on conditions, slowing down the foe in a Witch Time-style effect and allowing Sol to follow up with certain moves.

Gimmick
Gonna just copypaste what GolisoPower already submited, since is his gimmick.

NameImageDescription
Fighting Game CharacterLike the rest of FG characters (Ryu, Ken, Terry, Kazuya, and Iori) Sol auto turns towards foes and can use Command Inputs for enhance his special moves.
Air DashingSol can sacrifice his second jump to do a sprint or a backdash. Moving side to side while jumping is treated like a tilt, whereas airdashing uses a Smash input.
Tension Meter
Sol possesses his own Meter: Tension. Tension is filled up to 100% by moving towards your foe and landing attacks on them. The more aggressive you are, the faster you’ll develop Tension.

However, if you play too defensively (Running away, blocking, dodging) for too long, you’ll receive a Negative Penalty and lose all your Tension. It will also reduce the rate at which Tension is built over the next 10 seconds by ⅕ the rate.

Overdrives
Similar to Terry and (more like) Iori, Sol has Super Special Moves (in his case are called Overdrives), to use a Overdrive you require a certain amount of Tension acummulated in the meter.

NameInfo
Overdrive 1:
Tyrant Rave
A 2-hits megaton punch starting explosive uppercut with his free hand before delivering a second punch wreathed in fire magic amplified with his sword. Requires 50% tension and can't be perfomed in the air. The motion is 632146 + attack button ( →↓←→ + attack).
Overdrive 2:
Dragon Install
Its recomendable to read this part with this song for max enjoyment.

Sol removes his Gear Suppresor and unleash his original power has a Gear. A high-risk high-reward super in which Sol’s movement speed is increased, his normals become noticably faster and safer, his specials are all buffed significantly (see below) and his air grab changes to P.B.B., all this for a max amount of time of 12 seconds (the timer stops during the grab attacks) and with the additional bennefit that the time slows a little at the start of the transformation with Sol being invulnerable in the starting frames. When the mode’s natural duration ends and Sol returns to neutral on the ground, he is forced into a lengthy recovery animation, making him incredibly vulnerable to a counter-offensive, the transformation can also be interruped with a high damaging move. It can be used at the moment you have 50% tension but that would reduce the amount of time you will have so it's preferible do it at 100% tension (also you can use Tyrant Rave during Dragon Install if you have 50% or more). The motion is 214214 + attack button ( ↓←↓← + attack).

AttackChange
The move only have one explosion but the vertical range increased and his strenght grows.
The move is now the Blockhead Buster Lvl 2, acquiring more horizontal range and damage.
The kicks are involved in flames, dealing more damage.
The blow has a bigger disjointed hitbox and deals more damage.
When Sol is slicing forward leaves a trail of explosions in its wake. It always end with a Volcanic Viper
The final hit is a explosion.
The range increase a lot, nearly becoming the highest recovery in all the game and deals multiple hits.
Hitbox bigger, damage bigger.
The final hit is a explosion.
Has more range and massive damage, but the knockback didn't increase.
Final Smash

NameInfo
Final Smash:
DESTROYED
I was thinking on a different name but that one was too large (it was "All Guns Blazing into the Branding Breach"), In the start Sol uses a variant of his DI version of the Ground Viper (being his original Instant Kill, All Guns Blazing). The explosions behind Sol will do damage but only the first character hitted will be transported to the rest of the cinematic. In the cinematic part Sol charges his Junkyward Dog to finish his opponent with a fulminating explosive blow.

During the Dragon Install, instead of just charge against the opponent he uses the Overdrive Heavy Mob Cemetery (the explosions behind will still be there, tho), grabbing the first foe will also leave them to the cinematic part, but it will have some changes in the animation, any of this changes will variate the damage.​
If the opponent has 100% or more damage at the end of the Final Smash the enemy will be Instant-Killed and if apart of that it was their last stock, a DESTROYED text will appear in the screen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom