• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

BunBun

Smash Master
So since pretty much no one has gotten back to me about anything, and Matt isn't sure if he's going to be there, I guess we're not coming.

I'm really disappointed, as I was excited to come see you guys again, but if pretty much no one is going to answer texts/posts, there's no point in driving 8 hours if there isn't going to be anyone to hang out with or that wants to.

Jayford

Smash Lord
So since pretty much no one has gotten back to me about anything, and Matt isn't sure if he's going to be there, I guess we're not coming.

I'm really disappointed, as I was excited to come see you guys again, but if pretty much no one is going to answer texts/posts, there's no point in driving 8 hours if there isn't going to be anyone to hang out with or that wants to.
Try to come to another one!

I know Fro and I won't be there because we are going to Season's Beatings :(. If you come to another one I would definitely be down to hang out. I could probably house you too.

DracoFox

Smash Ace

Sorry for the little trolling here, but more to point out a few things. Further most, this is out of respect.

First, you posted yesterday about asking what people are doing this weekend.

2nd, you state that no one is responding to you. Well, I guess that you're being selective on those who you are texting. Stating this cause I've yet to receive anything from you. i.e: Facebook, text, phone call.

3rd, seeing how the thread has been inactive with posting, I would assume that people are busy. Also, this is fall break for everyone within the Purdue community.

4th, I'm not sure if your break starts next week. So assuming that you'll be here for two days doesn't seem to be worth the visit. 16 hours of driving just for a two day visit... I'll let you be the judge of that.

Fair in advance, if you were to ask me that is, I will be getting **** faced this Saturday with my best friend, his wife, and his family. Please forgive me if this is an inconvenience for you if you're wanting to see me. To top it off, I work 5 days week now, and I personally just don't want to do much these days after work.

BunBun

Smash Master
3rd, seeing how the thread has been inactive with posting, I would assume that people are busy. Also, this is fall break for everyone within the Purdue community.
This. I did not know this.

I posted like 6 days ago asking about this tournament lol.

But it's whatevs. Jay is not going to be here, and Matt prolly isn't, so I'll just plan another weekend to come up.
This upcoming week was my fall break =P

Anyways, loves you guys <3

BIG C

Smash Master
This. I did not know this.

I posted like 6 days ago asking about this tournament lol.

But it's whatevs. Jay is not going to be here, and Matt prolly isn't, so I'll just plan another weekend to come up.
This upcoming week was my fall break =P

Anyways, loves you guys <3
Just wait for when I come next. I don't think I can get any more request off days for october. stupid 5 dollar footlong. The only way it will be worth 16 hours of driving is if i'm there anyway.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
i have something this saturday at about 5 pm so i can't do singles -_-
but i might come for doubles

Mr H

Smash Ace
Il be in town for my moms b'day il be able to hang out Friday and Saturday but seeing that most people won't be there il probably just hang with family or Adam and Jacob
U should have came down this weekend matt
***'n nub

:phone:

voorhese

Smash Master
Anthony the deadline for my text analysis has been moved up, I was going to try to get your interview as well as interviews from The Big House in before it was due. It is due this Friday now however, so I will not be able to get interviews from The Big House. Would you mind if I made some questions in text, and gave them to you so it is easier to quote the answers? Also if anyone else is interested in being interviewed on the topic of the fighting game genre I will be open to more interviewers for sure. Also TBH is coming pretty quick, and I was not able to make it to last weeks FNJ or anything. Is anyone not super swamped this week so after i get ahead in all of my classes I can grind for a bit before the tourney?

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Anthony the deadline for my text analysis has been moved up, I was going to try to get your interview as well as interviews from The Big House in before it was due. It is due this Friday now however, so I will not be able to get interviews from The Big House. Would you mind if I made some questions in text, and gave them to you so it is easier to quote the answers? Also if anyone else is interested in being interviewed on the topic of the fighting game genre I will be open to more interviewers for sure. Also TBH is coming pretty quick, and I was not able to make it to last weeks FNJ or anything. Is anyone not super swamped this week so after i get ahead in all of my classes I can grind for a bit before the tourney?
Yeah, that's fine, Voorhese. I'll get back to you on those as soon as I can.

voorhese

Smash Master
Thx Anthony, I'll prolly write up the thing tonight, and send it to you on FB. Does anyone else feel like doing an interview for me on this?

voorhese

Smash Master
I think its just Jason, Lance, Anthony, and I.

edit: speaking of which, do we have an idea on housing or hotel situations yet?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
My schedule may have just opened up for the big house. Is there any vehicle room from Purdue?

and regardless I'll play some smash with you voorhese.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Also, I'll be able to drive down next weekend, so if anyone is free and up for hanging, let me know in the next day or two.
You've probably gleaned this from the past few posts, but Anthony, Jason, Lance, and Voorhese will be out of town for the Big House tourney. I will also be out of town for our student club's countryside outing.

voorhese

Smash Master
well im not sure if ill be down if something happens thursday or not, but i hope so. I'll be trying to make sure i can turn my text analysis in thursday morning instead of friday morning and so i may be down if i get my early deadline reached. also jay if no one else has time, to do like a thursday night johns or something i will try to set something up at my house if i reach my early deadline.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
well im not sure if ill be down if something happens thursday or not, but i hope so. I'll be trying to make sure i can turn my text analysis in thursday morning instead of friday morning and so i may be down if i get my early deadline reached. also jay if no one else has time, to do like a thursday night johns or something i will try to set something up at my house if i reach my early deadline.
I'd be down.

voorhese

Smash Master
thx, i sent you a copy of the interview i made for cunning to your facebook. Ignore the one about his guide, and if there are other questions that dont make sense being addressed you, you can alter the question a little, just make sure to alter it on the interview also and not just in your head.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Ok attention to the people in my car, we will be leaving Friday as close to 4 pm as possible. Voorhese I can pick you up from your apartment, but I have no way to contact you... so I guess be on facebook anytime after 3:30 on Friday. We will be picking up Trail from wherever we are meeting (still being decided). Then we will head to the Red Roof Inn in Ann Arbor. The room has 2 double beds, so someone is on the floor, and its not gonna be me (Driver Status). It is $60.00/night split 5 ways so $12/night. I am wondering what people think about staying Saturday night after the tourny or driving home after the tourny. Please post what any conflicts with what I said above and your opinion on staying Saturday night.

voorhese

Smash Master
my class gets out friday at 3:20 and if i can get a ride from one of my friends in it ill be home by 3:30 if not ill be home by 3:45 at the latest, is that ok? also how much are we splitting in gas so i know how much i need to withdraw? If everyone is ok with coming home saturday night, that works for me, cuz I would like to spend the least amount of money possible, but if people are to tired to drive etc. i completely understand and I will be ok with staying another night.

BunBun

Smash Master
I'm so confused. First, some salt in ur face. Why Lion King? What's so different about the special edition?? Why did u give us a movie that we can only watch in 480p???

My for real question is if you posted the correct link.

Second, thank you.
Lion King is boss.

And now Disney took it down xD

voorhese

Smash Master
speaking of which jay, i have velynn in my pool and need puff practice. im inviting corey and whoever else wants to come over for smash over today. you said you wanted to play today earlier right?

Top Bottom