• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Also it's been confirmed by my boss. I get to come up in a month ^_^
Oh NICE! I'll definitely be sure to make it down when you come up!

Timerbomb, aren't you too "busy" to lurk the thread? :rolleyes:
Oh SNAP!

shes like 50. i wouldn't want to penetrate her...anything.
Only 50, eh? Grrr!

if someone wants to come get me ill come over, but i have no ride now =(
ownd

voorhese

Smash Master
Can someone give me a ride to the tourney tomorrow? my roommate is going to be going home tonight, so he can't take me. I might be able to do the whole bus thing, and if no one answers i guess thats what imma have to do.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO LX Results; SSBO LXI - October 15

Doubles were not played due to lack of entrants.

Singles Results (6 entrants)
1: Little England ($15.00)
2: Lanceinthepants ($5.00)

3: iamthemicrowave
4: Voorhese
5: Mr. ShyGuy
5: 'Fro

Current PLR Standings (post-SSBO LX)
1. Little England - 400
2. Lanceinthepants - 240
3. Goosefactor - 205
4. 'Fro - 95
5. Voorhese - 85
6. iamthemicrowave - 45
7. Timerbomb - 30
8. Mr. ShyGuy - 20
9. DeezNutz - 15
10. MrH - 10
11. Jayford - 0
11. Bees - 0
11. DracoFox - 0
11. Tak - 0
11. Doggalina - 0

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
jason i just get on smashboards randomly to distract me from studying lol. will be back at tournies in october

ORLY

Smash Master
Got a SG going on Oct. 1st inluding a side event for SSF4:AE. If the Dew Crew is down, that would make it all the more hype.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
ill do some shoutouts for my first tournament since last April or something

1. Jason - tired of losing to your random characters...you trick. your shinegrabs with falco are nasty. do more plz.

2. Lance - ggs. you have continued improving alot and i havent. maybe a little. but i can tell youve been putting in work. keep it up and keep practicing tech. your set with jason was close enough that some small technical fobs(missed FF let him shine-bair you OOS) you missed could have resulted in some wins or even closer games. part of it is nerves, but when you've mastered the basics really well you can tune into that part of yourself in tourney play to escape the anxiety.

4. voorheese - we had some good sets, stop going for dumb technical stuff. i know you wont listen to me, but in a fox ditto, upthrow->shine->wavedash->shine-upsmash is BAD. DONT do it. same with fullhop nair offstage to DJ shinespike. plus theres more that i wont even name. The sooner you remove these things from your gameplay and get back to the FUNDAMENTALS(perfect SHFFLs, spacing moves on their shield correctly to not get counterattacked, not mindlessly attacking constantly) you will get much better and see improved results. as i told you after the tourney, your platform game is starting to look good, but all is lost when you get predictable and come down with a bair everytime. mix it up. also I think you overrate shine OOS in spacey dittos, you blamed it for your losses to me and lance but i dont think its that important. as soon as you are in your shield you're up **** creek without a paddle, if you know what i mean. shine OOS can put you in a better position but its coming from the worst one that exists(in a shield, all mobility gone).

5. fro - good sets but you need to stop trying to attack fox when you are floating down to the stage cuz ill just upsmash you. just get your feet on the ground before you go on the offensive(this is true with all characters vs fox cuz his upsmash beats everything. I learned this from wayne just charging an upsmash and i would always be falling and try and trade with it. you can trade with it but fox upsmashing you always puts him in a better position). hmm what else. oh yeah wavedash from the ledge is very good with samus, you should learn it.

i dont know alot about samus but from my experience playing rat/duck you need 10000x times more f tilts. you are not using this bread and butter move like you should. you got the camp under platforms on part of samus down very well, but to add some pep you gotta throw in the f tilt. some more fast falling and l cancels would also give you some of that speed samus desparately needs. also you def got fobbed with some weird firefox angles i did. this went from you missing easy edgeguards to you're in the air in firefox stun and i upair you for the kill that should have been yours. LOL. all i can say is thats "the fox advantage"(registered trademark). also LOL at that one time i kept teching in place and you uptilted me like 80 times.

5. mr jake - not sure if you main marth or samus, but i liked your samus more. keep coming out to these and you will get better.

and lastly to the NOOBS who came to tark and didnt enter - anthony, timerbomb, and brett. :(

voorhese

Smash Master
yeah the problem i have with the flashy stuff is that its what i do when im alone, cuz cpus dont di ****, how do u suggest practicing the simple tech chasing stuff alone? also as for the shine oos thing, i said it was the thing that i know i did differently than before because i kept messing it up, but i know you 2 had to have made an adjustment because i dont think missing shine oos alone should cost games.

'Fro

Smash Lord
ill do some shoutouts for my first tournament since last April or something

5. fro - good sets but you need to stop trying to attack fox when you are floating down to the stage cuz ill just upsmash you. just get your feet on the ground before you go on the offensive(this is true with all characters vs fox cuz his upsmash beats everything. I learned this from wayne just charging an upsmash and i would always be falling and try and trade with it. you can trade with it but fox upsmashing you always puts him in a better position). hmm what else. oh yeah wavedash from the ledge is very good with samus, you should learn it.

i dont know alot about samus but from my experience playing rat/duck you need 10000x times more f tilts. you are not using this bread and butter move like you should. you got the camp under platforms on part of samus down very well, but to add some pep you gotta throw in the f tilt. some more fast falling and l cancels would also give you some of that speed samus desparately needs. also you def got fobbed with some weird firefox angles i did. this went from you missing easy edgeguards to you're in the air in firefox stun and i upair you for the kill that should have been yours. LOL. all i can say is thats "the fox advantage"(registered trademark). also LOL at that one time i kept teching in place and you uptilted me like 80 times.
This. The last point has saddened me a lot, because I've become a horrible edge-guarder after that was a point I really liked both about my game and mt character. Thanks for the tips, George. Wavedash from the ledge has given me a lot of trouble because of how Samus's jump makes her ball up the way she does and makes me feel like I'm under the stage.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Videos from last weekend (edit: all videos up)

Grand Finals:
Lanceinthepants vs Little England: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ACS_VjFFA (set 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu0syMFAMKY (set 2)

Winners Finals:
Lanceinthepants vs Little England: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofH4IphvE94

Losers Finals:
Lanceinthepants vs iamthemicrowave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op_jfFBNBgw

Winners Semis:
Little England vs iamthemicrowave: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwWB-7P8HPw

Winners Bracket:
iamthemicrowave vs Mr Shyguy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w00sVxfaNBg

Losers Bracket:
iamthemicrowave vs Fro': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL2D8yg_xDY

Updated PLR

I will do shoutouts later

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Got a SG going on Oct. 1st inluding a side event for SSF4:AE. If the Dew Crew is down, that would make it all the more hype.
Chris, I'll probably have to john out cuz of school. Over the next 2 weeks i have 2 tests and 2 projects (222 good?) and other school stuff, so driving up there Saturday does not look likely.

^ alright now THAT is a cool PR image
Thanks Sveet. This was always the intention, but I was just being lazy on finalizing it.

Also, I know I said I would do shoutouts and George's shoutouts inspired me to write some long ones, but again I'm just feeling too good damn lazy. So here are some short ones.

Jason- lolz
George- Thanks for the complements and advice. Consistent tech has been one of my shortcomings for a long time. I have constantly been putting off grinding it out and I'm not going to lie, I really find it unplayably boring to do. /johns
Voorhese- George is right, you arent playing cpus or monticello kids anymore. People are actually going to tech.
Fro- Sorry you that you didn't feel you were playing good. Hopefully a new Samus/*Insert Character Here* rises from the ashes.
Jake- Glad you came out again. This game can be frustrating especially when you have to play people who have been coming to SSBOs for years (I know it was for me), but you can do it.
Matt/Craig- :(

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Jake- Glad you came out again. This game can be frustrating especially when you have to play people who have been coming to SSBOs for years (I know it was for me), but you can do it.
Yeah, lance is a good example of someone who came in "later" than most people, but put in the work and now he just got second. GJ Lance and GL Jake. (even though I've never met you)

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
just got traumatized cause physics teacher said she isn't curving the exam i guessed the crap out of..literally the whole class gasped when she said that…effff. just got 4 stocked

Top Bottom