• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
its boring but i find it a good way to do something when i need a 15 minute study break to clear my head. i have done it on all nighters before to keep me going lol.

also my melee disc is too scratched to work anymore, but maybe i can use the toothpaste trick! hopefully it will work.

video thread. everyone post in it a bunch so we look cool. i wish we had some new

CUNNING KITSUNE videos to post tho :mad:

DracoFox

Smash Ace
It's that time again guys! Without prolonging this any further, he it goes.

I am so financially ****ed right now that I have to exclude myself from any form of money festivities.
I'm not sure if anyone of you guys have been following up on what I've been posting on facebook, but things aren't going so well for me.

By all means I love hanging out with you guys, and everyone is a good friend to me. It's just that I cannot afford to pay for these side events anymore. Also, I am so stressed out with the current situation in my life that I cannot bare for you guys to have to deal with my sudden out bursts of rage of bottled up feelings.

So for now, I need to step aside and take some time to rebuild from ground zero again. Good luck to everyone with school and at the tournaments, and I will probably reappear back into the scene here in a few weeks.

~Adam~

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
It's that time again guys! Without prolonging this any further, he it goes.

I am so financially ****ed right now that I have to exclude myself from any form of money festivities.
I'm not sure if anyone of you guys have been following up on what I've been posting on facebook, but things aren't going so well for me.

By all means I love hanging out with you guys, and everyone is a good friend to me. It's just that I cannot afford to pay for these side events anymore. Also, I am so stressed out with the current situation in my life that I cannot bare for you guys to have to deal with my sudden out bursts of rage of bottled up feelings.

So for now, I need to step aside and take some time to rebuild from ground zero again. Good luck to everyone with school and at the tournaments, and I will probably reappear back into the scene here in a few weeks.

~Adam~
I don't even know you that well but you are definitely fun to be around and encouraging at the tournaments. Hope your situation turns out for the better soon enough

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Yooooooooo this thread is boring....

So, Skylar the labs in EE 206 are finally open and they pretty ****ing awesome. Nice *** office chairs and swiveling arm monitors that are pretty big (probably 21 inches). Also it doesn't smell like years of neckbeard. I grinded out my 368 homework there in a jiffy.

I'd like to know who is down for shenanigans on Friday. It was going to be Thursday because that's when I thought all my garbage , 2 weeks of 2 projects and 2 tests (222 good?) and like 80 labs and homeworks, was over, but I now have even more homework to do =/ Last Friday got ****ed up, just like Jay, so let's get belligerent this Friday right. Voorhese if you need a ride to FNJ talk to me on facebook about when I can pick you up and where exactly you live. All I remember is that you live close to some place called the Spicy Pickle (incidentally that is the name for Goose's ****).

ALSO! Anyone who is interested in going to the Big House, (MI tourney on Oct. 22) please tell me so I can arrange some sort of housing. I would like to know by the end of this week. Also, since it is a 5 hour drive I am preparing a list of things you should and should not bring on the trip. Read the list carefully and if your name starts with jason_voorhese and ends in 913630956815093052630 then you should read it extra carefully.

You should bring

• $$$$$$$
• Gamecube Controller
• Sleeping Materials (Pokemon related is preferred)
• Change of clothes (or in George's case a banana suit with matching sombrero will suffice)
• YOUR "A" GAME SON!!!!!

You should NOT BRING! (Some of these are person specific)
• Frozen Dinners
• M2K
• Full Bladders
• Full Bowels
• Peanuts
• Johns

Here is a youtube classic for everybody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M&ob=av3n

Also, Also..... Dark Souls

voorhese

Smash Master
damn it i wanted to team with m2k and shoot for 4th this time! guess ill have to find another teammate, anyone interested?

also yeah lance ill hit you up on facebook, ill prolly need a ride for sure anyway, and yeah actually directly across the street from niko's

the joke at the top does mean i am interested in going to the tourney, and wasnt just sarcasm ;)

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Man I didn't realize the hardships of Senor Platano.
Also, I had a really vivid crazy *** dream. I'll post that when I wake up again.

:phone:

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Is LXI looking to be particularly large? Someone in Memphis mentioned it, and I was like I wanna go!
I don't know of any outside attendance for this upcoming one, but I'm sure if Memphis came it would result in Chicago coming as well.

As for my dream, I don't think it was as crazy as I thought it was at 3 in the morning.

Hopefully I'll get Dark Souls this weekend and play catch up over Fall Break. I do have a test the day we get back tho o_O

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
what type of "come" are we talking about? <.< I know I know.

So my coworkers seem to underestimate me. They were talking about smash (and brawl too) and they were talking about how good they are in those games, etc etc. *smh* *****s be playing with items. Any ways when I said I "dabble" in those games, they say I probably suck since I don't look like a gamer. This scene popped in my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8wgXRNYcPM&feature=related

skip to 1:50

BIG C

Smash Master
Had I not wasted all of my money I would come down to purdue for s&g's as I am off friday and saturday for no reason. but alas I must john out of coming down to play you foos

'Fro

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oh7lqok7Eo&feature=player_detailpage#t=1193s

I'd like to see Fro or Jay try to explain this one to me. Pretty sure this guy is just haxorz and that was not some funky auto-correct.

Also this one too, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oh7lqok7Eo&feature=player_detailpage#t=1256s
The first one looks like a charge partition carrying over, with some side/up charge separation added. Think of how you would do Boxer's Headbutt to ultra 1 in SFIV and you have what I'm thinking of. I know you can let go of charges in such a fashion you can cross-cut them.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see in the second one.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
i dont know how you other people do it but this weather gives me cold hand johns and it takes like 50 games to get rid of

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
stop stalking me jason!
but really this week has been much warmer than usual, which is nice lol

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
so i'm pretty sure i'll be down for some singles tmrw…so voorhese/anthony/fro/whoever has my number please send me a text during like teams finals por favor

Jayford

Smash Lord
IF YOU WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDN'T GO TO UR FUNERAL CUZ I'D BE IN JAIL FOR KILLIN DA MOTHA ****ER THAT KILLED YOU!

..._...|..____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____|] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER
send this GUN to everyone you care about including me if you care. C how many times you get this, if you get a 13 your A TRUE HOMIE any ways your awesome lol

just showing respect 4 ur page!

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
so basically the campus is once again deserted…but if anyone wants to play some melee send me a text 713.254.2610. I live at wiley and have a setup in the room with multiple controllers if you dont have one

Top Bottom