• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I might be able to. I'll just give you a text....uh....call....uh... ಠ_ಠ

Anyway, the plan for The Big House is complete. Anthony, Jason, and Voorhese be packed and ready to go by 3:30. If you tell me when I pick you up that you are not ready to go, I will 100% yell at you. I will pick up Anthony at around 3:45 and Voorhese I will be at your house around 3:55. That puts us on the road at 4 and we will head to pick up Trail. I estimate we can pick up Trail at about 6 (our time 5 his time) and after that point we can grab food when we feel like it. We should arrive to the hotel around 9:30-10. After the tourny, we will leave that night.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Good luck up there, everyone. Voorhese for top five singles.
Psh, voorhese is gonna roll all of those scrubs. This is how it's gonna go:
voorhese: Hi.
Random: sup. Are you voorhese, I'm playing you right?
voorhese: Yes.
Random: Cool, lets get started.
voorhese: I almost forgot to tell you, I can waveshine out of shield consistently.
Random:

WatchYourRadar

Smash Apprentice
It seems you have a tournament this weekend, guest appearance by Radar is happening. I can't stay too long, but I wanna play Purdue peeps not named Lance :D

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Sounds good radar. I have work from 2-6 :( but I'll try to make it for part of it or trade shifts so I work from 10-2.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I successfully convinced a co-worker to trade shifts with me. I now work 10am to 2pm, will likely be able to catch singles. Hurrah! My first tourney of the school year, I'm so pumped!

DracoFox

Smash Ace

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO LXI Results; SSBO LXII - November 5

Singles Results (6 entrants)
1: Little England ($15.00)
2: Lanceinthepants ($5.00)

3: iamthemicrowave
4: 'Fro
5: Faithkeeper
5: MRN. Jayford

Post-SSBO LXI PLR Rankings
1. Little England - 500
2. Lanceinthepants - 310

3. Goosefactor - 205
4. Fro - 120
5. iamthemicrowave - 90
6. Voorhese - 85
7. Timerbomb - 30
8. Mr. Shyguy - 20
9. DeezNutz - 15
10. MrH - 10
10. Jayford - 10
10. Faithkeeper - 10
13. Bees - 0
13. DracoFox - 0
13. Tak - 0
13. Doggalina - 0​

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I want to apologize for this morning for anyone that I might of woke up. I slept so damn well on the couch that I forgot that I stayed at your place Kit. Since I was disorientated for waking up and paranoid, Lance startled the living **** out of me by rolling over into the curtains/blinds, making a loud noise. I don't know what was going on, but I thought that I was staring at a raccoon that some how manged to get inside. While this was going on, i was on a HUGE, and I mean it, a HUGE image trip (visual, like seeing it literally) where I thought that I was back at my place laying on my couch, in the dark, and right there in front of me was Joy. (Joy was put down yesterday due to not being able to walk, was not eating at all, and was very I'll)

So I had a pillow in my had and I believe it was a yell that I proceed to make out loud. I was about 10 secs away from beating the crap out of Lance with it until I realized something was at my feet. My feet were off from the couch, just barely touch Ben for whom was laying on the ground. After snapping out of the image trip, I realized that I fell asleep on the couch and I was at Kit's place, and was about to assault Lance with a pillow and then proceed to stomp the **** out of Ben.

After I calmed down a bit, I proceeded to gather up my things and went home. So I do again apologize for the scene, and hopefully it didn't startle all of you as well.

On another note, it was nice hanging out with you guys.
Thank you 'Fro for the breadsticks and MvC3 tips.
Jay, get a better costume.
Lance, I'll take another White Russian Mr. Bartender!
Kit, I still cannot believe that you watched me and Ben play Brawl.
Jason, I missed you too.
Bret, I hate your Dormamulolodalodoodledo.
I'm not sure if Ben is on the forums, but nice meeting you.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
shoutoutz

jason - really upset that i couldnt take a game from you. first game of our sets in pools and WF was SO CLOSE ARHGHGHGH. get you next time trick.

lance - lol i won the 2 sets that dont matter. congrats to being clutch and taking LF. they were fun and all good sets, but i need to play more patiently and not jump into stuff. i dont really play that much outside of SSBOs, and i contend that I would make some large gains and do better in tournament if i got some good training with you jason or anthony. i dont know if i care that much about getting better at this game tho.

fro - busting out the old marth eh? you were doing some nice stuffs, obviously you understand the marth vs spacies basics. the two biggest things i noticed you are lacking is gimp game and shffl'd upairs. these 2 additions are bread and butter vs spacies/falcon that would highly benefit you. ggs

mr faith - your fox is doing some cool things, keep practicing that tech. fun set. i was really sad to hear you mention waveshine OOS, obv you have been paying too much attention to the voorheese. he is a good training partner, but that stuff is useless.

if you dont see mango, jman, lucky or m2k (i hesitate to mention lovage bc he can do silly tech stuff sometimes, however lovage is becoming a top fox so he may have some good ideas worth stealing) do it IN TOURNAMENT, then its worthless. its all about the fundamentals. practicing them gets boring but makes you better. the effect of the silly stuff is negligible. /endrant

also, work on your survival DI. basically you wanna hold/smash up and towards the stage for most things that hit you off. you had alot of poorly DI'd moves that ended your stock early.

jay - you jay. ggs. not as close as our puff fox sets but still fun. not sure whether to give feedback bc not sure if you are serious at this game. i suppose i am in that position as well XD. hope you're surviving grad school so far.

anthony - thanks for spotting me 5. i owe you. sorry i couldnt give you a return on your investment :D please dont have DJ break my legs.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I don't see why wavshine oos shield is bad george. top foxes do shine oos all the time. waveshine oos is faster and has more followups. If you use the correct method (2012 tech) it's actually pretty easy. I did it on command in between stocks, I just don't have it practiced with shield stun. But I should definitely be drilling fundamentals, and giving those priority.

Top Bottom