• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Jayford

Smash Lord
Um.............You don't know it. You're the same person who claimed Felicia's light normals to be 1-frame. False stories. Unless you suddenly started reading the guide and memorizing it.....

I never claimed her light normals, just her standing a. I was wrong about that tho, it was before I understood how everything worked >.>. Plus that was awhile ago.

Also, I was jokeing when I said I knew all of it, I know most of Zero's tho :p

'Fro

Smash Lord
@Jay: I was just curious if you had improved how much you know about it.... You clearly do know Zero's really well, though. I was gonna quiz you something like "What is Cap's fastest normal?" (In case you're wondering, it's his crouching A at 4 frames).

@Jason: Jeez..... That is sick! Granted, though, he had similar stuff in 3S. I still think Genei Jin was better in 3S, but Yun, crazily enough, is better is SSFIV AE.

EDIT: Didn't mean to come off as a know-it-all there. Just that we had established in previous discussions that if you studied the game more, you could legitimately start bodying the Midwest.

Jayford

Smash Lord
@Jay: I was just curious if you had improved how much you know about it.... You clearly do know Zero's really well, though. I was gonna quiz you something like "What is Cap's fastest normal?" (In case you're wondering, it's his crouching A at 4 frames).

@Jason: Jeez..... That is sick! Granted, though, he had similar stuff in 3S. I still think Genei Jin was better in 3S, but Yun, crazily enough, is better is SSFIV AE.

EDIT: Didn't mean to come off as a know-it-all there. Just that we had established in previous discussions that if you studied the game more, you could legitimately start bodying the Midwest.
It's all good :D. Also, you would be proud. I went into training mode and recorded moves I hate and sat there and figured out ways to punish all of them loool. Now, I just need to get not randomed out by Phoenix lol.

'Fro

Smash Lord
@Fro Agreed. The thing about this is, Yun doesn't even neeeed the insane kara palm in AE. >____<

@Jay You should figure out a Dark Phoenix kill setup...that's what I plan on doing.
Yeah. Watching Daigo's Yun vs. Flip Champ's Sim, I didn't know what to think. Clearly Daigo has mastered the character far beyond what most people have (apart from Kazunoko), proven by his ranking in Japan and how easily he beat Hsien Chang and Mago. However, the same could be said for his Ryu, and that lost to Champ in their concept runback match during Norcal Regionals. The 3-of-5 set with Ryu vs. Sim took 21 minutes. The 2-of-3 Yun vs. Sim match took 4 minutes.

As for Phoenix..... I play Spider-Man, biotches! That evil wench is dead the moment Spider-Man KO's her with Maximum Spider!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Group chat rooms on aim are the best! looooool

Matt and Anthony left me with some massive lafs to come home to. Definitely relieved the........tension. :)
Haha, yeah, they really are.

And yes, there were definitley lafs o' plenty to relieve the tension, lol.

I'm annoyed though because shortly after you were stolen from us, the chatroom fobbed up, and we were forced to look for greener pastures. I'd send a message, but like, nothing showed up, lol? AIM just sucked up all of our messages! I just chalked it up to Anthony not knowing what he was doing.

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
The 3-of-5 set with Ryu vs. Sim took 21 minutes. The 2-of-3 Yun vs. Sim match took 4 minutes.
Yeah I saw these sets too. I think it's safe to say that dhalsim is GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. I mean seriously, it took Yun 4 minutes to win?!

Also kids, playing a sport is lame. Sprained my knee playing basketball recently and before that sprained my ankle playing raquetball. **** games

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hmm, I just looked at the SG's singles list of neutral and counterpick stages, and I actually think the setup is pretty good. Seeing as how they will no doubt change it again in like 5 1/2 hours, I'll say that it's the list where the neutrals are: Dreamland, BF and YS; counterpicks are: PS, FD and FoD. Perhaps we should consider this for our SSBO's (you know, those tournies we have that are gay and stupid).

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Hmm, I just looked at the SG's singles list of neutral and counterpick stages, and I actually think the setup is pretty good. Seeing as how they will no doubt change it again in like 5 1/2 hours, I'll say that it's the list where the neutrals are: Dreamland, BF and YS; counterpicks are: PS, FD and FoD. Perhaps we should consider this for our SSBO's (you know, those tournies we have that are gay and stupid).
Can we trade YS for PS? I like that stage better. But actually, That sounds like a good idea. I'd be up for at least trying it out next tourney. Also, I finally got a tv for my room I can play melee on and take to tourneys and such. In other news, preparing to present at a research conference is super stressful and should be avoided if possible.

BunBun

Smash Master
Gross. You kids are taking too much variety out of the game.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
I like the genesis 2 rules...stage strike from normal 5 neutrals(BF, DL, YS, FD, FoD), each player gets a ban for the set, and CPs are those 5 + KJ and PS

pretty much the same as Matts except this way you have the option of the first game being on FD or FoD, but if you dont want that, you can strike both of them. more flexibility. The only other difference is the inclusion of KJ64. I wouldnt mind banning that stage if enough people wanted to, or leaving it on if people like it. Personally I like it but I see how it can be exploited to stall.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
We need to revamp the whole ruleset. I think we should go the other way, bring back Mute City, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise. Then you strike from 11 stages, 1 22 11 22 11 2. Then you get 2 bans. Then Dave's Stupider Rule where you can't go back to any stage you won on during the set. If you invoke Sveet's Super Secret Counterpick you can go to Peach's Castle as long as it is not super banned (banned twice by the same person). Master Hand would be legal as well as wobbling, fobbling, and hob highwaying. During sets of 5 or more there should be a tea break (or a cheeseburger break for me and Craig). Jason's bad alternate characters will not be allowed to compete (Ness, Pikachu, Ganon, etc.) but Jay is allowed to pick anyone in the cast as long as he sums up his game plan to his opponent and says "Thats all you gotta do," when he is finished. Voorhese is required to where suits to every SSBO and needs to be accompanied by 1 to 2 players that don't enter the tourny. The new "Grandfather Clause" can be invoked if you hear Matt complaining about the tournament. It requires him and the invoker to play a Bo3 set in which both players must play a low tier and all matches are on MK2.

Feel free to discuss any other ideas for a new ruleset in this thread of in PMs

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hahahahah, I love you, Lance. Heh the scary thing is that at first I wasn't sure if you were being serious. As soon as I read Peach's Castle I knew I was in for a treat with the rest of the post. And the "Grandfather Clause," heh, I get it, you ****wad, lool.

Also, "wobbling, fobbling, and hob highwaying" nearly made me piss my pants.

Really, it's tough to say what my favorite part is cuz it's all so funny!

Well done, Lance. Well done, looool.

Jayford

Smash Lord
We need to revamp the whole ruleset. I think we should go the other way, bring back Mute City, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise. Then you strike from 11 stages, 1 22 11 22 11 2. Then you get 2 bans. Then Dave's Stupider Rule where you can't go back to any stage you won on during the set. If you invoke Sveet's Super Secret Counterpick you can go to Peach's Castle as long as it is not super banned (banned twice by the same person). Master Hand would be legal as well as wobbling, fobbling, and hob highwaying. During sets of 5 or more there should be a tea break (or a cheeseburger break for me and Craig). Jason's bad alternate characters will not be allowed to compete (Ness, Pikachu, Ganon, etc.) but Jay is allowed to pick anyone in the cast as long as he sums up his game plan to his opponent and says "Thats all you gotta do," when he is finished. Voorhese is required to where suits to every SSBO and needs to be accompanied by 1 to 2 players that don't enter the tourny. The new "Grandfather Clause" can be invoked if you hear Matt complaining about the tournament. It requires him and the invoker to play a Bo3 set in which both players must play a low tier and all matches are on MK2.

Feel free to discuss any other ideas for a new ruleset in this thread of in PMs
I loled. I vote for this rule set.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
llllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll @ lance post. needs a voorheese clause tho.

voorheese clause: if you team with limitz sister, auto win??

im sure there are some other good candidates...

'Fro

Smash Lord
Is that with counter-picking or stage strikes? It sounds doable if people are in favor of test driving it.

What will probably happen though is that I will throw my 'fro in with Lance's idea. The future of Smash is upon us!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
ridiculous sc2 game! spoilers in the title though >_<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6aqO8FTM08&feature=feedu
"You have permission from headquarters to fire the yamato cannon!!"

Matt and his ISO.
Speaking of awesome things, hopefully version 2.0 will be out soon! I know, I know, you're probably thinking, "well, Matt, why would you even attempt to improve upon perfection?" But Lance was kind enough (bored enough? [I'll say both :p]) to change the opening themes for me. Hopefully he'll be able to get rid of that crazy overlap crap that seems to be happening more and more frequently on Dreamland and PS's alternate (hint, hint).

Is that with counter-picking or stage strikes?
Counter picking.

Top Bottom